Reviews of Loews Annapolis Hotel 4 stars

126 West Street, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA

#5 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

• Deluxe King - Hearing Accessible

If I had to come up with a complaint I would say that the restaurant was a bit slow in serving in the morning.

Everything about our stay was great. Hotel is beautiful, room was clean and comfortable, staff was attentive and room service breakfast was on time and hot. I would definitely stay there again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon check no information was given except room number.,

Parking staff was very nice and explained what we could do with our car during our stay checkout was easy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The gym is first class and the hotel obviously goes the extra mile with the smallest details. My children, ages 8 and 10 said that this was the best trip of their life. I would agree that the folks at Loews made this trip so simple in helping us with directions, booking events and meals. We loved it.

tub backed up and parking is a bit high ($23 self parking uncovered) for less than 24 hours.

great location and good room rate. comfy bed, quiet rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Others in our group questioned no exhaust fan in the bathroom and preference for queen size beds.

Myra was very helpful, thoughtful, and personable for our check-in. Touch by text (from Myra and resolved with Emily) to see if all was ok was considerate, minimal, and not intrusive. Amanda was prompt and helpful with the process for us to return bag we took home in error.

Parking fee.

Staff was very welcoming, and room very clean. Staff helped us celebrate our anniversary by surprising us with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the room! Location was perfect to walk to all attractions downtown.

The room itself smelled a little strong of deodorizer, the floor bracket on the sliding closet doors was dangling and the crown moulding around the entire ceiling had a gap that appeared to need caulk. Nothing to ruin our stay, just lack of attention to detail. I felt like rates were really high, but there was a boat show in town.

The staff was amazing. So friendly and attentive. From the valet to the front desk, everyone was great.

The Kuerig pot was difficult to use given there was no black tea and the machine required a pod to warm water

The staff was very helpful. The linens were very nice. It was quiet

The stay was perfect

The staff was VERY welcoming, helpful and friendly. It is our 3rd trip tp Loews. We are a NAVY/Annapolis family. We have visited for Graduations, wedding and this time was a retirement. Would not think of staying any where else .. Thank You

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great. Checkin was easy and everyone was very friendly. The bartender was amazing Thursday night and gave us a great breakfast recommendation when we asked. We wanted something that was close to where the boat show was. Overall a great experience and we will be back!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was the host hotel for the NHL event and other than the sign I wouldn’t have known it. I would have expected some special events associated with the event.

The location was great for access to the stadium.

Had to call front desk who called maintance to make the room cooler. They made room cooler for 72 hrs. I guess the next guests have to complain also.

Very simple menu but quality food and presentation. More for the craft beer fan.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I left my toiletry at the hotel. I called the next day to see if anyone could locate it, but was put on hold for 10 minutes, and rerouted around the whole hotel. Someone said they would call me back but didn't. It's my fault for forgetting but I read other reviews that said they were really helpful in that matter. Unfortunately not in my case.

The staff upon arrival was super helpful. We had an issue with the room next door noise level at 3 am and security came up to address it right away. Also, the location is perfect because it's in walking distance of everything. Lemongrass, I think down the street was our favorite place to eat.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I made a reservation online. Very expensive. I requested a room with a city view. I mentioned at check-in it was our first stay and we were going to Rams Head Live that evening. My room did not have a view AT ALL, the window was to the indoor courtyard. The hotel was not full and I was told I would have to pay an additional fee to upgrade. The room was already over $200! At checkout I mentioned the concert and was told that I could have gotten a discount at the hotel. Ridiculous, I will not be staying here again.

The breakfast was great, liked the attached bar and restaurant.

Coffee maker in room but no Coffee Cup.....hmmmm They could have had better attention to detail

Perfect location. We were there for a concert and loved that we could enjoy some of the local eateries before heading out.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Once we got to our room, the bathroom was filthy, looked like something was spilt on the floor and mold in the shower. There was a weird smell and the headboards were ripped. You can tell the room needed some work and they tried to update it. They graciously switched rooms for us and gave us 2 free drinks at the bar. The next room was pretty similar in cleanliness, but no mold in the shower. The cabinet to the fridge would not stay shut. The next morning, there was absolutely NO hot water to take showers. That is unacceptable in a hotel. Bar/Resteraunt area was nice, quite but a little overpriced

The hotel was lovely when we walked in and the lobby was very clean and updated. Location. Customer service

Fee to self-park.

Staff friendly & VERY helpful; Rooms clean & very well appointed; Located at the top of the historic district; perfect for walking everywhere

• Superior King Room

It was a little noisy outside my room since I was right by the elevator, and parking was expensive.

The bed was really comfortable-one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in for a hotel!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The walls were really thin so you could hear the tv or other people talking in the rooms.

The location of the hotel was good. It was close enough to walk to place plus it was easy enough for a uber driver to pull up too. The bar tenders new years eve night were really friendly and willing to make any drink we wanted!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

In the past, their staff was always very receptive, even the lower level people at the front desk. We always had a note waiting for us, got upgraded room, champagne and chocolates in the room, and in this case even with new year and upgrading our room and paying extra for it (but at a discounted rate we got due to inquiring with manager), there was no champagne, no note, nothing. That would have really made it great. Noise from elevator shaft really bad in that suite, when in bed, you can hear it grinding all night, and that needs to be fixed, even if it's by putting a fan in the bathroom to drown it out.

We got an upgrade but not until we insisted on having the manager call us, were quoted really high prices for their largest suite and knew if it was unoccupied, they'd rather have someone in it than have it sit. Could hear elevator motors clearly from the bed, which was the only big downside. Room was very clean, beautiful view of fireworks, layout was amazing.

• Superior King Room

Parking charges are ridiculous.

located on west street, near restaurants, galleries, music and St. Ann's - Lowes is close enough to walk to Annapolis on the water - or even the Naval Academy. A better option than that hotel on the water downtown

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room wasn't ready upon arrival at 4:30. The snow may have caused a staff shortage? Can't say? 30 minutes later, room was ready. 4 pm check in normally.

Front desk staff were exceptionally pleasant & efficient. Very pleased with our room. Spacious with lovely bedding.

• Superior King Room

This was my first stay at the hotel and from the moment I arrived I knew it was going to be good. Greeted by friendly valet service, welcomed by friendly front desk staff who gave me information regarding the hotel and it's amenities. Extremely nice, boutique-type hotel that offers personal service. I would highly recommend.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds- Hearing Accessible

For the price, charging an additional $26/night for parking seems a bit excessive.

You get what you pay for here: very good service, and comfortable beds. The hotel restaurant is also very good, which was an added bonus.

• Superior King Room

There were minor details that I didn't think were up to par. First, there were marks in the headboard. It was a white headboard and there were small holes in the fabric of the headboard. That makes it look so incredibly unappealing. Secondly, there was a gap between the door leaving the room so there was light coming in through the door. That was slightly frustrating when you're sleeping. There was also a number you were supposed to text to bring up your car for the valet and then the valet told me it didn't work. That seemed a little unorganized and frustrating. Other than that, the valet was so incredibly kind and helpful each time.

The bed was so incredibly comfortable. The pillows were amazing and the sheets were completely clean. That's something that is very important to me. The lobby was beautiful and always smelled so good. Very welcoming.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A few of my towels were dirty--it looked like mucus or something in the fibers of the towel...

The bed was soft and the comforter was puffy and kept us warm. They even brought us complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouth wash when we asked them for some, as we'd forgotten ours. They even text you and you can request things via text at whatever hour.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Parking I paid extra to have the staff park my car Valet parking I forgot my cell phone and they brought my cell from car and forgot to shutt off light Car will shut all lights after 15min except if you turn the light on Battery was dead next morning and I have a very hard time driving home for almost 4 hours And cannot shut the car Restaurant is okay only for casual eating food is avarage

Staff were friendly

• Deluxe King - Hearing Accessible

I couldn't book another room for future travel due to unavailability-but that is no fault of hotel

Staff was very welcoming. Hotel lobby is beautiful. Room was amazing, super clean, fantastic bed and linens. Everything was top notch.

There was a heavy rainstorm and the television channels kept going out.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Room was comfortable. There was a Keurig in the room which was good since breakfast wasn't included in our rate. It was nice to at least make a cup of coffee while dressing and packing up.

Front desk area was cluttered with papers. Random drunk guy ran across our terrace on a narrow ledge while we were in the room. Called the front desk but nobody ever followed up with me.

The valet guys were great.

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds- Hearing Accessible

Room has Kuerig but staff did not clean and did not refill extra pods to use. Requested complementary water for room and got one bottle when hotel knew there were 4 occupants. Bed headboards were chipping and nasty. Mold in shower. Mirrors too low to see in for anyone over 5'5".

GREAT STAFF. NICE ROOM, WIFE BIRTHDAY SHE LOVED IT. WE WILL BE BACK THE CHAMPAGNE AND STRAWBERRIES WE'RE GREAT THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STAY IN ANNAPOLIS

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

View into courtyard was akward. Shower pressure was low.

Staff at front desk, maids, parking & in restaurant were exceptionally attentive & friendly.

The bed was not comfortable. Disappointed with Anappolis as it was not clean and appeared to be in general neglected.

The hotel was very nice - clean and comfortable, though a bit pricey.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Very noisy. Could hear lifts all night or ac units. Had an adjoining room door & could hear people next door talking. First room looked out on a solid wall so they moved us but still for the money the view wasn't good. If you don't get valet parking you can't park under cover in the lot. Just didn't think it was worth the money unfortunately. Don't drink coffee & they were no tea bags or way to make tea in morning.

Convenient location. Room was nice. They let us keep car in parking area after we checked out & went off wandering for the day.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thin room walls that let us hear neighbours noise ++ at 02.00. Expected better construction than an average motel. No all day coffee/tea, felt we'd asked for the outrageous at 11.30. Unsure what "courtyard view" must mean other than outside the front door? We had "city view" which was of a couple of houses next door. All felt a bit impersonal.

Comfortable room. Good location, no need for car.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Website listed spa. Spa is off-site and staff was not accommodating about making an appt. i had also requested champage for our anniversay and we never received it.

The location was great. A nice walk to the waterfront shops and dining.

The walls are incredibly thin. You can hear every word of the conversations of whoever is in the room next to you. Also, I paid for a deluxe king room and when i arrived they said "I see you reserved a deluxe king room but we don't have any left. You'll have to sleep in a double room instead." So my husband and I didn't even get to sleep in the same bed on our romantic weekend! It's crazy - if I have a reservation for a king room there should be a king room reserved for me. When I check in there should be one available. Because I reserved it. That's the whole point. So I paid for the king room and was bumped - even though they acknowledged that I had a king room reserved. Ridiculous!

The staff were all friendly and professional. Really great staff.

Directions to Taylor Ave for parking wasn't clearly marked

Staff was very courteous and helpful from check-in, bar service, waitstaff AND maids [who actually smiled and said good morning when passing in hall].

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tried to call front desk at 11pm and the person put me on hold for over 5min until I hung up. Didn't return my call. Wish there was a continental breakfast.

The bartender at the BarOak was very friendly and helpful. Staff was generally very helpful and polite

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Room is showing age but was clean. No pool or gift shop at facility.

All staff were very friendly. Great location for walking into downtown. Good food and drinks in the restaurant. Great valet service--very quick.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was over a room that had a band and reception. Kind of loud but only til 6pm. Not really a big deal.

Well located. Never needed a car. Everyone friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

A little pricey for a somewhat dated hotel.

My husband and I spent our 5 year anniversary here. We told Amanda at the front desk that we were celebrating our anniversary at check in. When we got back from dinner, there was a personal note from Amanda congratulating us as well as a chilled bottle of champagne and flutes waiting on our bedside table. Excellent customer service and such a nice gesture! Also, excellent location and walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noticeable wear on the walls and headboards of the bed. Scratches which could have been fixed, cracked picture frame detracted from the rest of the lovely atmosphere.

Towels were large and fluffy. Very clean in every aspect.

Mold in the sink, mold in the bath tub, asked for large towels twice at front desk, not delivered (had to dry off with hand towels); first night - not even a flat sheet on the bed; spent a ridiculous amount of money for a two night stay; very disappointing

Location to central Annapolis

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn't have enough wash clothes the first night but we called the next day for more and they arrived within minutes. There isn't anything else we didn't like about Loews!

Everyone was very accomadating and friendly, from the valet, front desk, and the pub. The rooms were very clean. And the beds were very comfortable. The hotel is walking distance to all the shops and restaurants down by the water. Great location!

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Price was a little more than we normally spend but seemed comparable to other places during high season (August). Worth it!

Perfect location for exploring Annapolis on foot, only a few blocks to the main restaurants and shops, while still quiet. Hotel was clean and very comfortable. King deluxe room was great. Definitely would pick Loews again on next rip to Annapolis.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The bathrooms could use a fan. While on a nice street (and close to the Rams Head), it is a half-mile walk or more to the Market Street area.

The front desk and especially the bellhops were friendly and efficient. Our rooms were spacious and the bed was comfortable. Nice lobby and bar area. Not a new building, but well-maintained.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

There is not one thing I can think of that could have been any better.

This hotel is beautiful. They exceeded our expectations in every category. It could not have been any better. We were celebrating our anniversary and my birthday. Amanda from the front desk sent up Champagne and Chocolate covered strawberries to our room.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the last lady who cleaned the room (on the last day)seemed to have stopped half way through and the room service menu in the night is limited

the hotel was nice and the staff were wonderful, then bent over backwards to assist, they were polite and engaging

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We felt it was overpriced and housekeeping was pounding on the door at 9:00 am on a Saturday morning.

Great location and fitness room- easy walk to the Main Street in Annapolis.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Should be told ahead that you need to pay extra for parking!!! Not a nice surprise and expensive per night to add onto the daily fee😡

Loved it all.... Beds very comfy!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

we requested rooms next to each other...but they were unable to provide.

the look of the hotel was nice, the service was great. we had some issues with the room, tub not draining and fridge not working but the staff took care of our needs so we were still very happy.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Our reservation had a problem (No king suite available although we reserved one), then they gave us keys to an already occupied room--(embarrasing!), we had to run around carrying a large package before getting finally to a room.

Because there was one mess up after another they sent up champagne and snacks.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

There was a used wine chiller by our door when we checked in, it was never removed and was still there when we checked out the following day

Met a very friendly and professional staff that schooled in Richmond, VA. It was reassuring that youth who attended college in my locality gained employment and are happy with their job

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

-Price +/- -Coffee in the room was poor.

-Location: 5 minute walk into the main drag of Annapolis. -Staff were very friendly and genuine. -Hotel itself was well kept. -Liked this hotel more than the nearby Westin

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Needs a pool but understand there is no room.

The service is always top notch. First impressions are lasting ones, and they begin from the minute you step into your facility. Thanks to all for a terrific stay!

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

Hotel self park area had pot holes. My wife nearly twisted her ankle on a piece of pot hole debris.

Easy access to central Annapolis, within walking distance of Navel Academy. Room was large and comfortable. Shower in bathroom was particularly nice with great water pressure (I say that because I'm seeing more and more hotels with weak shower water pressure).

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Superior King Room

Breakfast at Baroak was wonderful, location great for easy walk to town. Staff was friendly and helpful from our welcome by Kevin to Jamar who is a fabulous bartender who clearly takes hospitality seriously. Both he and Tim, another bartender, were gracious enough to help us determine where to grab dinner or catch some music. We had a great time.

Staff friendly, rooms neat and clean, location good. Overall excellent stay.

Very nice hotel—location excellent—walk out to Annapolis waterfront/town. Restaurant also nice.

Being charged $23.00 for parking from 9:00PM to 12:00PM. Being charged $5:00 for water for the coffee.

The bed was nice. Personal was helpful.

• King Room - Disability Access

Our room was warm and humid - despite complaining to the front desk, it was not fixed.

Great location They let us check in early.

All was great.

Location and clean.

• King Room - Disability Access

The animals Don’t know how sanitary it is or whether or not they sleep in the guest beds from time to time

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking lousy Dining area, staff friendly but generally slow, due to ? Understaffing?

Staff

Pricing a little high

Staff was great.

The location was a OK. Bathroom was dated. Restaurant disappointing. For $360 per night we expected more in a place like Annapolis.

Food was excellent

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds- Hearing Accessible

No local baseball programming.

Good location and very friendly staff.

Need a whirlpool!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our only concern is that the WiFi network is NOT secure. This is a major issue for us

Location was quiet but still close to the action

Room walls are thin can hear people in the next room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and friendly staff. Breakfast was good at the restaurant and close to everything.

Browse Loews Annapolis Hotel traveller photo gallery