Reviews of Loews Coronado Bay Resort 4 stars

#36 of 231 hotels in San Diego

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great Ending to our Vacation
    • Resort View King

Needed to have more restaurant choices. Not being able to enjoy the outside with the fire pits, when there was a wedding going on. Everything cost extra. Wish we could have had more time to enjoy the hotel.

Being able to use the shuttles to go to the beach, to go to restaurants on the island, to catch the Hop on Hop off bus. The room was very comfortable, and the bathroom A+ The concierge was very, very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Beautifull hotel, gardens, pool
    • Partial Bay View King Room

The indian wedding party was there for four days. Disturbing other guests all days, especially on pool place. But that was the reason - we were there - to have relax !!

Beautifull hotel, gardens, pool

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Loved our stay at Lowe’s we would stay here again
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved our stay here the bed was so comfortable that showerhead was the best we ever had in any resort the staff was very helpful would stay here again loved everything about it

Service leaves much to be desired.
    • Partial Bay View King Room

But the rest, discomfort. Restaurant "Crown landing" the menu choice is very small and unfortunately the food is not tasty. Our order for $ 165 and we did not have fun. The next day we visited a bar in the lobby and asked the waiter to recommend something delicious, but she was not ready .. to help us. We ordered New york steak -2 servings of medium cookies and a salad of fresh vegetables, we were brought a steak 1 plate and a salad without vegetables, only one leaves and cheese, and steak abolutely damp. And what else, if you have written that the pool is open from 6am, then it should work from 6am. I think that you can wake up to change all this.

Hello, I will be specifically .. I liked the room, clean and comfortable, especially liked the balcony overlooking the ocean. But the rest, discomfort.

Enjoyed our staiy. Your location is very beautiful which made it so relaxing and enjoyable.
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room. The bathroom was very clean and well taken care of. On the surface the rug and bedding looked clean. But it seems there was a dog in that room before because by the night stand there was its smell. Not good especially when trying to sleep. Also my husband was bitten by fleas which occurred on our last night there, He has the red spots to prove it. I feel bad about this because the stay was thoroughly enjoyable.

Very friendly staff and accommodating. As soon as your walk in your door. This includes your staff that serves your restaurants. Very welcoming The staff that does all your cleaning as well. Your resort is quite so one can relax. Your spots where one can do this was much appreciated.

Watch your bills and charges!
    • Partial Bay View King Room

Was very crowded, no restaurants selections on site - have to drive to everywhere as it is far deep into Coronado. Got charged for valet parking even so we told them at the front desk that we park ourselves (which is still $31/day...but we got charged $35/day for vallet!) Gave up fighting for few $... but very dishonest considering we pay top $$$ for everything....fees, resort fee, more fees....etc. etc. Will never go there again :(

Location on the Marina.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

EH.... could of been a great experience
    • Partial Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was at the pool. I asked one of the staff members for a towel, he pointed me to other side of pool. If he would have gone to grab me one, that would of been awesome.... instead. We also found a dead bug in our bed. Made experience bad... instead of enjoying the cozy bed we were disgustedly looking out for other dead bugs

Great view

Absolutely excellent and very friendly/welcoming staff.
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

Absolutely excellent and very friendly/welcoming staff. Beautiful property, tons of things to do at the hotel. Great view, very close to the beach. Overall a great stay!

Good but not great.
    • Resort View King with Balcony

We had a screaming baby next door. Not very sound proof. Any purchased food was ridiculously expensive and not good. Pizza horrible. Twelve inches for $18 like a cheap frozen one.

Pools beautiful and warm. Plenty of seating. Numerous fire pits. Great beds and bathtubs. Liked little gardens. Wonderful sounds of birds. Self parking close. Bike, kayak and boat rental right on site.

The hotel was very comfortable and the facilities (e.
    • Resort View King

The hotel is a little remote, so you either need a car, use the shuttle or get a taxi to anywhere. The hotel is a little expensive.

The hotel was very comfortable and the facilities (e.g. pool, free shuttle) were excellent. The room was large, with a great view from the balcony.

Beautiful place but high priced and had to drive or take shuttle into downtown Coronado.
    • Partial Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small rooms. Extra charges.

Room was very nice and comfy. Lovely large bathroom. Extra charges for breakfast, tourism and parking made it more expensive than expected.

We had room service for breakfast most days and it was...
    • Coronado Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had room service for breakfast most days and it was absolutely amazing! Highly recommend splurging for a bay view room, the views and sounds of the water were priceless.

Great location, great comfort, great time
    • Marina View King Room

The shuttle could have run more often to Coronado instead of once an hour.

The Loews was a wonderful stay. The view of the Bay from the Cays lounge was great. The four pools were warm and inviting. The 1/4 mile walk to the beach was quick - there was a shuttle too. The option of ocean or bay beaches so close to each other is a great option. It is just minutes from San Diego attractions, yet secluded. The food was very good with plenty of impressive dishes. But for shopping and a night out Coronado was just minutes away on the shuttle.

Would book again in a heartbeat.
    • Coronado Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some aspects were a bit expensive.

The location and view were fantastic, the staff was absolutely superb, the meals were delicious and the drinks were great.

I really liked the little gardens they have between the...
    • Pool View King Room

The food was not the best. We left to facility to eat.

I really liked the little gardens they have between the buildings. Also liked all the activities they had scheduled

Without and doubt Loews Hotel Coronado Is a true
    • Partial Bay View King Room

Parking fee to high for hotel guest, Guests Get a 1/2 price discount is very reasonable

Everything the atmosphere, the Staff, location, value, cleanliness, great Bed Fluffy Pillows oversized bath tub, the peace and sinerity

Loved it. Way exceeded expectations! Definitely go. Bite of bay is so calm & serene. So relaxing.
    • Bay View King - Hearing Accessible

Waiter Joachim at Sheerwater for my birthday brunch. Despite my friend asking him to do something special for my birthday did nothing. She told me later she’d asked him. Made me feel bad.

Beautiful location, wonderful open decor, really light everywhere, staff were lovely. It was my my birthday and most staff were super sweet and made me feel special. Really good free champagne at checkin. Really impressed. Special shoutout to servers Shannon and Erin at pool who went way above and beyond to make us feel special & take care of us! Also loved Brett the server at 1500 Ocean. Best service ever from all of them. Give them each a raise! Pools & jacuzzi great.

We had a nice stay, I think the staff was burned out from the previous people
    • Resort View King

The staff was not very nice, our food was unsatisfactory & the two employees seemed mad that we were unhappy. The manager did fix it, but the two employees made us feel bad. I ordered food one night by the fire and never got it, our drinks came about 30-40 min after we ordered.

Room was nice, property nice too.

My mom's birthday evening was excellent
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was great. Victoria was AWESOME. She noticed it was my mom's birthday and offered a glass of champagne. She made sure the upgrade I ordered was available. She has a great personality and made us feel very comfortable. The view of the marina was nice. We had a deep soaker bathtub which was excellent. The area was not noisy at all which was wonderful. The food at the restaurant was good and the service at the bar was excellent.

A terrific venue for a meeting as well as fun and relaxation!
    • Resort View King

Generally it was nearly perfect. Would suggest the food service could be enlarged, made more efficient.

Everyone at the resort was friendly, polite, seemed willing to do anything to make you comfortable.

Comfortable bed and nice rooms, but main restaurant food ok not great
    • Marina View King Room

We were in building 5, quite a hike from the lobby/restaurants/meeting rooms. If you are there for a conference, ask for a building closer to the hub of the hotel. Also, the housekeeping staff kept trying to enter the room - a quick knock and they went for the key. Our room did not have a "do not disturb hanger," and we had to ask for one....but it took 2 days to get one. The hotel restaurant food was just "meh," and the service was slow.

Staff outside of the restaurant was very friendly and prompt. Bar area was very nice with some excellent selections on the drink menu. The coffee/snack/lunch place off the lobby served pretty good food. Beds were pretty comfortable.

Overpriced, isolated, little to do, meh rooms, expensive mediocre food, upcharges for everything
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

This hotel is billed as a resort, but it's far from actually being a resort. I knew when I booked that it was a bit out of the way (5 miles from downtown Coronado / 10 from San Diego), but since it calls itself a resort, I figured the isolation would be relaxing. Instead, it's just an overpriced, kind of nice hotel with a medium-sized pool area. Overall: I'd never stay here again. Isolated, little to do, meh rooms, expensive mediocre food, fees and upcharges for everything, horrible value for the price (came to about $395/night with the food we bought on-site and one night of parking). Lesson learned: when the website doesn't have a "resort map" and clear information about all its features it's because it doesn't have any. Amenities: Very few of any value. There is a free daily shuttle into town that runs hourly from 9am-9pm. There are three pools contiguous to each other and two hot tubs in that area, which is surrounded by a large patio with ample seating. We didn't have good weather, so none of this was used, but we walked through it. There is a fitness center with adjacent steam room and sauna, but good luck finding it. It's not on the map and there's no information in the hotel guide about where to go (just phone numbers for everything). There are daily fitness classes. This was the one thing I got to enjoy for the hefty price of $26/night resort fee ... only to have the instructor repeatedly tell us to "enjoy our FREE class!" (Not free dude, actually really expensive.) There's a beach a short walk away that looked okay (small, not many lounge chairs, nothing in the area). There are some outdoor seating areas, some with fire pits and heaters. That's it. There aren't activities, no water sports included (you can rent paddleboards, kayaks and boats for a fee), no events happening (except random live music playing loudly in the lobby), and no food included.

The bed was comfortable and, once we were assigned the room we'd paid for, the bay view was nice. Staff was helpful and friendly.

Extordinary!
    • Resort View King

The walk from the entrance to my room was abit far cause we were booked in the third building. Other than that it was great!

The hotel was amazing! The beds and the pillows were super comfy. My girlfriend is still going on about how perfect the pillows are.The staff was very helpful they even upgraded our room to a suite with a bay view!

Would definitly return for another stay.
    • Resort View King

The $4.00 coffee charge was a bit high.

We did not use any of the resort extras. We arrived late Friday evening, were gone all day on Saturday & got back just in time to go to sleep. We left early on Sunday morning, so we can not answer some of the questions. (what we did see, we liked)

6.0
    Ok , just way over priced
    • Resort View King with Balcony

Way too expensive for what you get. View was not what we asked for. Charged for Self- Parking - Ridiculous. No morning complementary breakfast for you pay was not good

Bathtub was nice

No firm pillows at this hotel. Didn't get any sleep.
    • Resort View King

The pillows were not firm. I asked for some firm pillows and they brought some soft lumpy pillows. I didn't sleep because my neck hurt with all the soft lumpy pillows I had. I guess they just didn't have any new nice firm pillows.

Beautiful... glad we stayed. Way too EXPENSIVE
    • King Room with Resort View - Hearing Accessible

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE Lunch for 4 was $250, breakfast was $80. I don’t care how beautiful The Del is. You CANNOT justify the price tag

The hotel is simply beautiful.

The room and property was very clean and well kept.
    • Partial Bay View King Room

For the room price with resort fees, I feel the parking should be included with no additional charges. Additionally, I would never pay $14 for a bottle of water or $10 for some m&m’s. (Room mini bar)

The room and property was very clean and well kept. The staff was very polite when contacted

Three is a real sense of guest appreciation there.
    • Resort View King

The restaurant's menu seemed underwhelming, or rather, it doesn't seem to match the prestige that the resort possesses. But it gets you out of the resort anyway.

Three is a real sense of guest appreciation there.

The place is Awersome
    • Resort View King

The restaurant is Great and the sandwich place is too, But I would like to have a third dining option. Something with a more relaxed dinging menu and atmosphere where families with kids could be more comfortable.

The rooms have Great views and are very clean and comfortable. All the staff there is super helpful and nice. The beach is really relaxing and a great place to visit. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Pricy as one expects it from a place like this, yet somewhat worth the money.
    • Resort View King

Room service "improvised" a bit because some of the items on the menu weren't available. I.e.: The "California Cheese Platter" had only one kind of cheese (Blue Cheese) and therefore three meats.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Booked the room on very short notice and although they were "sold out" we still got a beautiful room with a view of the bay. Very pet-friendly and lots of pet-parents there.

nice hotel. relaxing.
    • Resort View King

$29.99 for self-parking your car in the hotel parking structure. $26+resort fee. ridiculous. Shower in room did not drain.

very clean. friendly staff. glass of champagne at check-in. Free shuttle into main part of Coronado.

All good except use of pool & Jacuzzi.
    • Resort View King

Security personnel who walked the property were bullies. Staff had conflicting info in pool & Jacuzzi hours of operation.

Restaurant and lounge areas

Restuarant was great.
    • Resort View King with Balcony

The two women working in the shops inside the hotel were kinda rude.

Restuarant was great. Service was perfect. The waiter with an accent was exceptional.

Disappointed
    • Resort View King with Balcony

The parking spaces are very tight, AND we were charged $29 a day to park...not counting the resort fee. Our room was not cleaned while we were out. The front desk did waive the resort fees, but $600 for 2 nights, I expect a little more. The room was loud. I could hear EVERYONE walking by our door and above us. This was our 2nd time staying here, but it will be out last.I

The inside of the hotel was very pretty.

A wonderful way to spend our 20th anniversary. We would highly recommend & are likely to return.
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

The bed was comfortable for me, very uncomfortable (sunk in) on my husband's side. We prefer a much firmer mattress. For an extended stay, a larger variety of menu options in the bar and restaurant would be appreciated, and we'd love to see the bar and/or pool bar open before noon.

The staff was uniformly cheerful and helpful. Amenities included in the stay for no extra cost were great (yoga, other classes). Shuttle to downtown Coronado is helpful. Appreciate the distance from town and lack of non-resort-resident tourists wandering through the resort. Great beach access. Food and bar were great, and the property itself is beautiful and enjoyable to walk around and explore. A private feel, with easy access to tourist destinations, if we wanted them.

A large hotel that appears to have had been refurbished.
    • Marina View King Room

Having to pay for parking

A large hotel that appears to have had been refurbished. We didn't use Valet but parked on-site which was approx. $24. Check in was simple with a complimentary glass of fizz. Quite a long walk to our room which overlooked the marina. The room was of a good size, nicely furnished and a lovely bathroom with tub and separate shower cubicle. Outside has numerous lovely seating areas with fire pits; although all were busy so we sat inside for a pre-dinner drink. Staff were all very polite and helpful, and the shuttle driver was really great! Not in the same league as The Dell but nice enough.

Lovely, we would come back again! Very excellent overall experience. A very special Thanksgiving.
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

Rooms need to be updated. Decor and bathroom accommodations out-of-date. Still loved it because of view, size of room, comfortable bedding, clean, but bathrooms need remodel. Double sinks, stone floors, etc.

The view was outstanding and room was just as we booked it. Property lovely, staff gracious. We had a wonderful experience. Thank you.

A very relaxing break
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is very pet friendly but at the same time it’s very clean. The room &bathroom is comfortable, clean & has basic amenities. Love the beach and you can walk to it. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed on beach.

Very nice and tranquil resort!
    • Partial Bay View King Room

Property was very tranquil and relaxing - many amenities. Comfortable, nice sized rooms and great customer service throughout. We were in Bldg 3, on the 3rd floor, with a private balcony overlooking the bay - beautiful view. Although we only ate breakfast here, the food was outstanding. You could self-park in the underground attached garage or valet park. Beautiful Main Lobby with a great outdoor patio overlooking the San Diego Bay.

Read this review before you book !

My 13 year old son was told to stop fishing on the property by a security guard who makes these rules? They charged a resort fee when the swimming pools were building sites and the tennis courts had no nets. It’s 5 miles from Coronado in the middle of nowhere

This should be a great hotel but it isn’t

it was a decent hotel, very nice grounds in general with...
    • Resort View King with Balcony

too expensive. I paid $209, but then got hit with $30 self parking fee, $26 resort fee. The resort fee included Wifi, but when I tried streaming on HULU, they wanted to charge me an upgraded internet fee to do so. Ridiculous! My bill was over $300 for 1 night. The rooms weren't contemporary, a little outdated. Had a 1980's feel to it.

it was a decent hotel, very nice grounds in general with fair amenitites such as food, fitness, etc.

Perfect get away, can be as reclusive or social as you want.
    • Resort View King with Balcony

I can’t think of anything not to like.

Absolutely love the location as it is a nice get away yet everything else is close by. The facility is also beautiful, very resort like, relaxing with great amenities. Good food choices.

Great hotel , fantastic views . Good self parking option.
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beach that is associated to the hotel is absolutely full of sand flies. This completely ruined our trip to the beach.

The hotel was brilliant lovely rooms with a nice view of the bay. Gym and pool were good. Friendly staff. I was able to park the car myself next to the lift as my wife has a wheelchair. Complementary shuttle to town and the beach , with prompt collection after stay.

Nice room, good location
    • Partial Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Additional mandatory fees should be highlighted more, snacks and water in the room VERY expensive and NO list that showed the price, pools under repair

Nice room, good location

Beautiful hotel, amazing staff! Expensive parking!
    • Marina View King Room

We felt a bit ripped off by the cost of the car park. For what we where paying per night, we felt surely parking should have been included in our stay, especially as we had to pay a nightly resort fee also. It wasn't like there where a shortage of spaces.

The pool area was lovely, the staff around the pool and generally in all areas of the hotel where so friendly and helpful. Always willing to help and make our stay more comfortable. The rooms where beautiful and beds super comfy. A beautiful hotel! The staff in the main restaurant deserve a special mention, the older gentleman you have seating people, was delightfully endearing. Our waiter that evening also made us feel extra special by giving us free desert in celebration of us being on our honeymoon. Thank you!

AVERAGE
    • Coronado Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

FRONT DESK CHECK IN GIRL, ARIELA, SPAINISH SPEAKING EXTREMELY EXTREMELY RUDE AND AGGRESSIVE. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED. CONCIERGE WAS VERY RUDE MAN, DID NOT HELP US AT ALL. ATROCIOUS AND RUDE BOTH OF THEM

breakfast

Very relaxing stay!
    • Double Room with Resort View - Hearing Accessible

Better menu selections

Friendly staff, nice large rooms, very clean and comfortable. Nice sized pool and activities. Shuttle every hour to take you into town.

For a resort that charges so much per night parking, pool and spa should be included.
    • Coronado Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was way extra $ per night and hard to find spaces. Grey sludge dripped on our car from parking garage ceiling. Had to pay 26$ a night extra for pool and spa regardless if used it or not which we did not. First meal my husband got food poisoning. Next meal my cousin was sick all night and last meal I was sick all night. And food way overpriced for quality.

View

It was good but not great.
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

The staff was really not that friendly and acoomidatimg with one exception of our waitress in the main bar. The rest just kind of went through the motions, but was not really what your would expect from a resort like this.

Already did
    • Pool View King Room

We had a balcony, which we love but!! We had no furniture to sit on out there, when I called the front desk, they said they were painting, I asked if we could change rooms he said NO!! It was very disappointing!!! Don't know if we would go back there again!!

Everything !!

Beautiful, mostly
    • Partial Bay View King Room

Unfortunately while we were there, construction and renovations were happening across the resort. This was the only dampener on our holiday. Also one of the pools were closed. If you are thinking about booking in September, call ahead to check if the construction works are still happening.

Great resort in the south of Coronado. Great rooms, beautiful grounds, friendly staff. We loved it.

BREAKFEST WERE GOOD AND BEDS WERE FLUFFY VERY NICE...
    • Resort View King with Balcony

Just could of been more activities to do around the grounds at the evening hours. Maybe another type of restaurant like a sports type bar or a tiki bar.

BREAKFEST WERE GOOD AND BEDS WERE FLUFFY VERY NICE ACCOMADATIONS WOULD COME AGAIN. BEACHES COULD USE MORE THINGS TO DO THERE BUT OTHEREWISE THEY WERE VERY NICE AND CLEAN.

The parking and facility fees are way too high.
    • Resort View King with Balcony

The parking and facility fees are way too high. Only stay if you do not have a vehicle. The carpet in front of our door was soaked with water our entire stay and smelled.

The hotel was great!
    • Marina View King Room

The hotel was great! Beautiful property and the room was very comfortable with all the amenities. Food was excellent at all restaurants we tried. No complaints at all! The only issue we have is that the special price "Deal of the Day" Booking. com advertised and we booked using it was not honored at check out! In fact we were charged a lot more for the room than expected. When we disputed it we were told the prices fluctuate like airfares depending on the amount of rooms etc.!! We feel very disappointed in Booking.com and feel it would be difficult to trust any advertised special price from them again.

A beautiful place to just relax, and rejuvenate. Thank you, we needed that.
    • Bay View King - Hearing Accessible

That it had to end. We wish our stay could have been longer.

Lrg bed extra comfy, wife and I really enjoyed our stay. Beautiful location, wonderful staff.

Great spot
    • Marina View King Room

Breakfast in the Crown was awful. Manager ended up comping our entire meal. Had smoothies from coffee shop that were great.

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Nice looking location.

Before school begins vacation
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very clean and the balcony overlooking the bay was amazing. The very small details like not only did they provide and ice bucket but they provided a wine, bottle opener combo. Loved that. Also, when we arrived and checked in we were greeted with a glass of champagne and scavenger hunt game for our daughter. Really loved our stay.

Best place to stay for comfort and feeling safe
    • Partial Bay View King Room

Having more time to spend at this lovely facility

The entire staff were very nice and had a great deal of knowledge about the city. Enjoyed my birthday getaway very much, Thanks!

Best kept secret in Coronado
    • Pool View King Room

Excellent Staff, access to bike trial was wonderful and bikes on site to rent. Beach was long, clean and less than a 5 min walk. The hotel provides a shuttle to the beach with lounge chairs and towels any time plus pick up at no cost. 3 pools with one dedicated for adults only was extremely nice and the staff kindly enforces that. Elizabeth the Concierge was amazing on dinner choices and making reservations in Coronado, I'd absolutely stay here again.

Better than expected. Great for young families.
    • Resort View with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

The staff was accommodating, friendly and helpful -- although, given the size of the facility, they might do well to hire an additional employee or two.

The property is well situated and well laid out with much to offer. Perfect for family.

A tale of two cities...
    • Resort View King with Balcony

There were over $55 in extra fees including a resort fee and parking fee. The parking lot was so full every time and we couldn't park under our building. Also the "card" for parking never worked even though we got a new one each time. I think if you're going to have to pay SO much for a nice hotel more things would be included.

There is a pool and jacuzzi that was kid free! The staff was super nice, especially the people cleaning. You expect the waiters and desk people to be nice, but the guys sweeping trash and cleaning up after everyone were super awesome. One guy Zeke who was cleaning next to our chairs heard it was our anniversary and brought us champagne! How over the top cool is that?

Family stay at Loews
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

They apparently upgraded our room if we ended up next to a wedding both night and it was incredibly loud.

The shuttle to downtown coronado and the beach were great.

Nice hotel but confusion on reservation made with Booking.com
    • Pool View King Room

Did not have my reservation made with Booking.com. I had to dig out the paper work to prove I had a reservation and then waited about a 1/2 hour before we could check in.

Room was very nice with a great view of the bay

Perfect 5-Star Experience
    • Partial Bay View King Room

the ONLY complaint I have is that Rourke's cool side bar is completely hidden and unknown, and that's a tragic missed opportunity. We only learned of it the final night of our stay, which is a shame because the custom drinks that guy slings together are nothing short of incredible. Make his location known better, you guys are missing a huge opportunity there!

At check-in staff member Yvonne went completely above and beyond to make us feel welcome, despite the late hour. She provided us with water, food containers to fit into our mini fridge, and just an overall outstanding first impression. We also had a terrific experience with the bartender Scott, and later in our stay bartender Grant. Bartender Rourke in his hidden bar was also incredible as was all of the staff at the fine dining restaurant. This level of hospitality at Loews was beyond any expectation and for that reason alone I'd stay here again, to say nothing of the clean grounds, spacious rooms, and beautiful location. You guys are really doing it right.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Stay here!
    • Pool View King Room

Shower door was backwards? Difficult to turn shower on but the shower itself was great!

Huge bathtub for 2 😜. Awesome robes. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable!

The option of an adult pool.
    • Resort View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Silver strand beach was not promoted well at all. Couldn't see from highway so thought it didn't exist. Stumbled upon it when walking the property to get exercise - Wish we knew of it day one, able to take a golf cart shuttle, beach towel and chair supplied by resort. Times not listed hourly or from 9am-4pm ect. Resort fee - offered coffee but didn't mention offered in early am from a non housekeeping staff.

The option of an adult pool. Plenty of lounge chairs to move if needed.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Delightful. We ate all meals off the property.
    • Resort View King with Balcony

The dining room was not the quality we were expecting. It would have been nice to sit down to a delightful meal after our arrival. Instead we found small, expensive, offerings that were very ordinary.

The room, the balconey, were delightful. Housekeeping was excellent.

The King size bed was superb !
    • Resort View King with Balcony

When we arrived and assigned a room , we went to it and found "Wet paint "signs, the room was totally made up , with tools on the dresser, venetian blinds on the floor, tools in the shower. We spoke to the management and we were given a bigger king room over looking the garage., since we paid extra for the balcony . The resort fees w ere exorbitant. We were only there overnight so going from 260 dollars a night to 409 was unsettling. We actually had a better room at the holiday Inn Express in Indio

The King size bed was superb !!!!!!

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Disappointing Coronado resort
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

Only one restaurant (Landing??)at this large resort and it was not very good. Food selection and taste was fair to poor but people working there were great. Outdated and dirty carpeting in hallways. Coffee shop looks new and updated but had only fair to average breakfast offered. Need more live entertainment and music.

Bedding was excellent. The bar was wide open and beautiful. Outside sitting area off of bar area was also very nice with lit fires. Shuttle into town is a great amenity but it does not run on time!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

We babymooned at Lewis and we loved it
    • Coronado Bay View King Room

Long walk to the beach. So you have to always call the reception to have a golf cart ready for you to take you to the beach and call them back to pick you up.

The scenery, pool, and restaurants are great. The hotel is beautiful. We had the bay view room and we loved it.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Breakfast selections were excellent, bed comfortable, linens...

no complaints!

Breakfast selections were excellent, bed comfortable, linens soft and smooth, fluffy pillow and very friendly staff. Handicap accessible room was very accommodating.

Engagement Get Away
    • Partial Bay View King Room

I respect other people pets but Too many pets especially Very Large dogs. Website stated 25 pounds or less. Shower tile need cleaning grout need some attention. Did not really enjoy the New Year Eve party, not enough chairs or seating, walked around or stood for a while before finally leaving.

Staff very courteous Room with good view Restaurants food very good Amenities perfect Decorum of the resort

A New Years weekend at the Lowe's Hotel....
    • Marina View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel restaurant Mistral was a bit of a disappointment for our party of 6. The portions were small, especially for the money. The food wasn't flavored well. My husbands steak was nearly raw when it was suppose to be medium well. The 3 scallop plate for 30 something dollars did not cut it for my teenage son. We even ordered him an additional side of fries to fill the hole. The first batch was burnt so the polite waiter replaced them with fresh fries. That was nice. However an hour later we had to feed the kids again. They were still hungry. Also... this hotel is dog friendly which is fine, but you should have wipeys in the hall for the pet owners when their pets crap & they pretend they didn't notice. There was a pile in the main hallway to the hotel rooms. My moms wheelchair missed it by a hair. Another complaint was the fact we could hear kids above us running up & down the hallways like it was a track field. Also my mom & her husband asked for a handicap room since she is on oxygen & can't walk far, which she received but it was 3 buildings over from the lobby, bar & restaurants. That didn't make any sense. They should have been in building 1 which is closer to everything. I was in building 5 so I would often leave my room to come over & help them. Oh & the prime rib at the buffet (for $75 per adult) was more like a dry roast beef & you should always have au jus accompany prime rib. They didn't have that. And gravy... who serves mashed potatoes without gravy?

The buffet on NYE was decent. The sea bass was great. The juice bar & selection of fresh fruit in the cafe was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Spa staff and treatments were excellent.
    • Partial Bay View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Xmas holiday decorations were awful; sad really. There was construction of a new restaurant going on in the lobby area the whole stay. The restaurant breakfast buffet was only fair. The new restaurant opened during our stay and the kinks were not yet worked out for cooking and service (although staff was trying hard). I did not like paying separately for parking and then having to buzz the lobby from the gate to have the gate lifted.

Spa staff and treatments were excellent.

Browse Loews Coronado Bay Resort traveller photo gallery