Reviews of Loews Minneapolis Hotel 4 stars

601 First Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55403, USA

#2 of 45 hotels in Minneapolis

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The breakfast is a la carte, and amazingly delicious!
    • Superior Corner King

In the bathroom you only have a fixed shower head on top and don't have a removable one, which is not very practical if you don't want to wash your hair...

The breakfast is a la carte, and amazingly delicious! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful!

My stay was awesome!
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was helpful and friendly, site was very clean along with rooms which were very clean and nice size. Perfect location. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Location- best, but if i knew beds were doubles I would have passed. Do queen size at next remodel.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-in Shower

Beds were advertised as queen size and we own a hotel and they definitely were not queen size beds.

Location was right across street from target field. Very friendly valet staff.

Would stay again!
    • Superior King Room

Minor things, only 2 kcups for the Keurig, fridge only works as the mini-bar.

Bed super comfy, shower was amazing! Location is perfect for downtown Mpls stuff. Staff were all genuinely friendly.

Great location but noisy rooms.
    • Superior King Room

When other guests within a half mile of our room would shut the door to their room it could have woke the dead. Wasn't the most conducive to falling asleep.

Shower was like a human car wash. It was awesome.

Inviting and worth the money!
    • Superior King Room

The in-hotel spa was amazing! The staff was very involved, and made my experience fantastic with many conformation calls. I would recommend the spa to anyone!

Pleasant
    • Executive King Room

The staff particularly on reception were polite and efficient but we didn’t see the same levels of Minnesota warmth and friendliness here. It was more businesslike when it was obvious we were staying fir leisure.

The room was beautiful and the bed confirtable

Superb location for a night on the town
    • Superior King Room

No refrigerator. Also, there will be two bottles of water on the cabinet. They are $9 each and come with the mini-bar. If you're there on a Sunday night bring snacks since finding a casual place to eat will be difficult.

Superb location. Great staff. Nice room. Comfortable bed. Watch our for the concrete coffee table. We got the "complimentary" $56 upgrade that was offered after the booking. It came with a view and a nice whirlpool bath. I don't know that I would splurge again but it's a nice bonus for a fairly reasonable price. Parking is below the hotel for $22 for the night.

Other than the expensive parking, my stay was great!
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My only complaint is I feel they charge way too much for parking. I really feel $90.00 for 2 nights is way over the top expensive 😡

The facility is great! Very clean and friendly staff!

My husband and I had a great stay!

Parking kinda sucks.

I loved the view and window seal! Bathroom was awesome! The location was the best because it was smack down in the middle of downtown where everything happens! Bed was nice and large. We got champagne and chocolates!

Superior staff, great location and excellent experience!
    • Superior King Room

Not having access to our fridge because I didn't get a key upon initial check-in for it. I could've gotten one later, but it was quite a surprise overall.

The bed was exquisite and provided excellent support! The staff was very helpful and top notch! I would recommend it as a place to stay if you're in the Minneapolis area!

Overall, Lowes is a great place to stay. I've stayed here many times and I'll be back again!
    • Superior Corner King

The $45 dollar parking fee I felt was a little pricey for a 12 hours of parking.

I liked everything about the hotel, was really nice to be able to walk to the Target Center for the T-wolves game without going outside in the cold!

Good stay.
    • Superior King Room

Its minneapolis man, the bathroom floor is too cold, not sure if it there is a solution for it...i had to put towel on the floor.

Location, i was here for basketball game, and the target center is literally right in front of the hotel. The bed was soooo good.

Modern, clean, and reasonably priced in the heart of Minneapolis--steps from public transit.
    • Superior King Room

No complaints. It's a great value for the money, and in a really good location.

The hotel interior is very modern and very nicely appointed, with a comfortable lobby, friendly employees and is very clean. The hallways are nicely lit and clean, and our room was spacious and had a great view of downtown Minneapolis. The bathroom was large and had a TV in front of the toilet. I don't know why one would spend long enough on the toilet to watch television, but the option is there! The hotel is in a great location, only a 15 minute walk from the river, and within blocks of the baseball stadium and a selection of really good restaurants and bars. A lightrail stop that serves both the blue and green lines is only two blocks north of the hotel, meaning you can roll your bags over and head to the airport for only $2.

The hotel appearance was great
    • Superior King Room - Hearing Accessible

Valet service was not good after day shift ends. I had to retrieve my own vehicle all 3 times it was needed, with my guest and only one time being told which level it was on in the public parking ramp.

The hotel appearance was great

They need to have a walk in spa for everyone, saunas,...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They need to have a walk in spa for everyone, saunas, steames, hottubs and spaces where you can go out of the sauna and steams and relax and chat with friends and have a glass of water or juice etc.

close to the ball field.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the price for the night ended up being over 300. which I thought was a little ridiculous. I could've gone without valet parking. some of the staff where rude. over all wont stay again.

close to the ball field.

Good for what i needed but i don't think my wife would be impressed.
    • Superior King Room - Hearing Accessible

The room and food at the hotel was a little pricey for its size but location was excellent. No tub just a shower. Refridgerator and microwave would have been nice.

the lite rail system was very handy, and reasonable. I went to see a ball game and it was only two blocks away. Now that I know the transportation better I will probably go back and enjoy the city and what it has to offer.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Lavish Hotel on a Budget
    • Superior King Room

Closeness to Target Field. Valet was about the same price as parking in a garage overnight, plus you didn't have to worry about your vehicle. Clean rooms. Best mattress I have ever slept on in a hotel.

Worth the Money!
    • Grand King Room

Parking was expensive, and valet was even more expensive. Could do more for guests with giving comps for parking.

The hotel room was amazing! Very elegant property and amenities. Size and value was great. The restaurants/bars in hotel were great!

Loews is the Place to stay in Minneapolis!

Can't think of anything.

Staff were wonderful! First nite I had some appetizers and wine and sat at the bar.. next morning breakfast was incredible. Had a nice chat with the server on duty. I think her name was kim. She was fabulous.

Loved the room
    • Superior King Room

TV in the bathroom, I definitely enjoyed that. Oh yes & the bed got me sleeping like a baby! Staff there was awesome/friendly to us, will for sure return soon.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Overall I love staying at this hotel!
    • Superior King Room

I would have like the option to have a mini fridge in the room in addition to the mini bar. Not everyone can afford the mini bar.

Everything was great! The room was in tip top shape and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Touch of Luxury
    • Superior King Room

The room's color scheme was gray-scale. Adding a splash of color would have given the room a sense of warmth. Also, having a couch would have been a nice feature for the cost.

Quiet room, comfortable bed and excellent location in downtown Minneapolis. Parking was easily accessible. The overall experience offered a sense of luxury for a price that was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Very nice place.
    • Superior Corner King

The parking garage,for those of us who can't afford valet, was quite a walk away. Even though it was all skywalk, it was very confusing to get back to the hotel. They need some signs directing guests down the right skywalks.

After a small problem with our room reservation, the manager was kind enough to give us drink tickets for the bar. Very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

A comfortable and pleasant stay with a view from the 17th floor
    • Superior King Room

The bed and bedding were very comfortable. The bed was king size with large, generous pillows. The bath had modern glass features and lots of room! The hotel is a part of the Minneapolis skyway system and we easily walked to restaurants without wearing coats. This is a real plus when the temperature is below freezing!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Minneapolis stole my heart. Thank you.
    • Executive Corner King

Oh I couldn~t ring through to room service and there was no information about how to call concierge.

The staff, ambience of restaurants and bars, the food and the quality of accommodation. The bathroom was exceptional in regards to hand rails. They looked good and discreet but very useful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A friendly, happy and life-giving environment
    • Superior King Room

A more comfortable chair to relax in would be an improvement.

The room was very comfortable and quiet. What I liked most, however, was the friendly and happy staff. I brought my two-year-old Yellow Labrador Retriever with me. She is well trained and great with people, a charmer. I was apprehensive about bringing a large breed dog to a fancy hotel. The whole staff and everybody treated her so well and that made me feel at ease.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Great service, great hotel!
    • Superior King Room

I thought everything was great for me!

Service was great! Everyone was very helpful and nice. It was my first time here and I enjoyed my stay! Will be back soon.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

A very nice hotel reviewed by a picky customer who spent 5 restful nights there!
    • Superior Corner King

This is a minor complaint: facet at the sink was difficult, stiff, to control and if one was not careful water would be left running.

Great shower and overall design of the bathroom! In room heating control was user friendly. Clean rug - often not so in other hotels. Everything was super clean in the room. There is underground parking that can be reached without going outdoors.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Not your average hotel
    • Superior King Room

Did not get the password for the wifi on check in. A little hard to find room with two elevators but once we got use to it. It was fine.

Location by Target center and not having to go outside to get there. Kevin on checkout was great. Efficient.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Amazing
    • Superior King Room

Every thing was amazing especially for how cheap it was to stay! The hotel bars were great, food amazing, bed super com for table and the staff was amazing!

Confusing billing.
    • Superior King Room

Terrible billing. I have 3!!! Pending charges for the room. It should at most be one. It is impossible to get a staff person to explain and fix their error. Ruins an otherwise great experience.

Great property

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Great stay unless you are trying to sleep in on vacation!!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

What really upset me is that I was on vacation and was hoping to actually sleep in for a change. At 8am the darn housekeeping staff started trying to clean my room! I found that to be extremely odd and super early!!!!! I had stayed out until 4am so I was super annoyed that my sleep was interrupted!!! I had the lock on the door so they couldn't get in and had put a do not disturb sign on the door that apparently fell off. Nonetheless, when they couldn't get in at 8am, they decided to try again at 9am (at which I asked nicely to not come again until after checkout), yet they still came again at 10am!!! That's when I lost it on them!!!! My whole idea of sleeping in and resting on my vacation was ruined!!!

The service was friendly and they have the greatest shower on earth!!!!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

I noticed after booking that I could have gotten the room...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I noticed after booking that I could have gotten the room for $134/night less than what I booked for and neither booking.com nor Loew's would allow me to. I feel like I got ripped off.

Always welcoming and comfortable.

Parking is over priced

Great location for all the Minneapolis scene

Very memorable
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff very friendly and helpful

Worth the money.
    • Grand King Room

Great room, rainforest shower, jet tub, view looked right down into the twins stadium.

Very nice hotel

Price

Very nice hotel

Great staff.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great staff. Awesome room!

Yusef the driver was amazing!
    • Executive King Room - Hearing Accessible

The business center wasn't working correctly...the front desk had to print my boarding tickets.

Yusef the driver was amazing!

Weekend getaway
    • Superior King Room

Room, building and location were perfect! Staff was friendly all over hotel.

Restaurant
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-in Shower

Restaurant

It was in a great location, the staff was wonderful and the...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was in a great location, the staff was wonderful and the room was perfect!

Comfy yet stylish with friendly staff
    • Superior King Room

Friendly happy staff. Great location and nice rooms with a great shower.

I'm happy that that property is right across the street from where I work at the life spa
    • Superior King Room

Woke up not knowing where I was I slept so good it was nice

Fantastic

Free room upgrade

First choice if you have activities at the Target Center
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

very convenient to the target center activities. Starbucks very near and can use the skywalk to most places

recommend the patisserie (croissants & pains au chocolat)
    • Superior King Room - Hearing Accessible

recommend the patisserie (croissants & pains au chocolat)

Beautiful place to stay and so close to everything!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything! Amazing all around!

Minneapolis down town

Close to venues

Beautiful Downtown gem
    • Superior King Room

Parking was next door but not too far

The location was perfect. Close to everything including easy access to the LRT to mall of America.

I will search out a Loews property wherever my travels take me.
    • Superior King Room

Can't think of anything...

Staff was remarkable, the spa was amazing and everyone there was superb! Great workout facility also.

beautiful room.
    • Superior King Room

Room was too warm....couldnt figure out how to turn heat down

beautiful room...very clean...comfortable bed

I thought it was a bit expensive compared to other hotels.

Room service took 2 to 3 hours in the evening

The bed, shower, sheets, friendly staff, clean

Decent staycation
    • Superior Corner King

Having to get ice on a different floor

Location was ideal

Wonderful stay
    • Executive King Room - Hearing Accessible

Great food. Great atmosphere. Friendly people. Great location. Great view

Very good and comfortable experience

2 elevators

Staff were excellent

Would definitely go back - best beds in town :-)
    • Executive King Room

Fantastic bed! Slept so well in spite of the time zone differences. Great staff. I didn't have breakfast on site so can't comment on that.

Wonderful hotel. Wish I had more time to enjoy it!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My stay was a few short hours. Would have liked more time to enjoy the facilities.

Elegant but accessible.

• Executive Corner King

Price, parking

Deep soaking tub with a TV.

Service in the Cosmos Bar very slow

Deep soaking tub with a TV.

Bed was really comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was really comfortable. Staff was excellent.

Ice on different floor .

Ice on different floor . Shower faucet broke

Enjoyed our stay
    • Superior King Room

Paid parking would be nice

Location and parking was close

The room was beautiful and the bed was comfortable.

Cheaper parking

The room was beautiful and the bed was comfortable.

For a new Twins fan this hotel was perfect.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Be mindful that check-in is extra late.

The location was The Best.

Great place to spend your anniversary!
    • Superior King Room

There wasn't a working fan in the bathroom.

Everything!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

I would reccomend this hotel
    • Superior King Room

The Parking could be better.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I would have loved to know before arriving that there's...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would have loved to know before arriving that there's a $250 damage deposit.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Parking only complaint

$40 per night for Valet parking with no other good options available

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Big loud party on our floor at 4:00 a.
    • Superior Corner King

Big loud party on our floor at 4:00 a.m. Staff did nothing to quiet them down.

Great service, great staff!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fan of the airco could not be adjusted.

Great service, great staff!

You made our first anniversary very special!
    • Superior King Room

You made our first anniversary very special!!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Great place to stay in downtown Minneapolis
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was very friendly had a problem with our key and they moved us immediately and was very quick about doing it.