Reviews of Room Mate Lord Balfour 4 stars

350 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#49 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

A great choice for South Beach!

The lighting in the room and bathroom could’ve been a little better for girls to put on make up and the bathroom could have been a little bigger. Also when we were checking in the staff could see that we were struggling a lot with our bags and all of the birthday paraphernalia and it was hard to maneuver the luggage cart, but no one offered to help us get the bags to our room. Girls who were guests in helped us and said they had the same experience with the staff downstairs. The staff who works the next day were much nicer and helpful though so we think it’s only some of them.

For a stay in South Beach this is a great hotel! I am a local and have stayed in many South Beach hotels and this one is an excellent choice if you can get a good price like we did. I had my birthday party here so I wanted to make sure 4 girls could fit comfortably in a room. Most South Beach hotels have “double” beds that are too small for 2 adults but this one had nice big queen size beds! They were very comfortable. The room is also very trendy and fun! The location is nice because it’s not in the crazy or trashy part of South Beach but is on the south end that is much nicer and near good restaurants and brunch locations.

Loved it!

Like every other guest, the only problem we had was with the entrance via the restaurant downstairs - some of the staff was very tenacious to welcome us, when we were only trying to get to our room.

Nice/clean/spacious room in the new annex building. Nice breakfast - better than most hotels we've visited. Quiet location

Very close from the beach!

Breakfast is very simple, I met big cockroach in the bathroom, my room was located close with the bar so it was very loudly in the night ..

Very close from the beach!

Great people

Maria and Eric are the most beautiful and kind people, they were helping me a lot at the reception today, keep my luggage while I was waiting for my flight. The staff are perfect I recommend this hotel to everyone who plan to visit Miami Beach.

The beach was incredibly close, and we got free chairs and...

To leave =(

The beach was incredibly close, and we got free chairs and towels there (even after checking out while waiting for our next trip). The pillows were super comfy and the staff was always friendly. Loved the Huge margaritas! Pool was small but awesome and mostly empty.

The Staff was Great!

The view, The size of the room. Asked to accommodate a balcony or beach view for wife. It was her birthday. Our window was in back of an alley. Even if there was no view, we requested one, and this is what you give us. There was another building that had a view over what they called the pool. You could have given us a room over there, if it was more that was not an option. Disappointing. But, They did have a bottle of champagne for her and Happy B-day written on the mirror. That was nice

The Staff was Great! Cesar was amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great stay

Issues with wi-fi connectivity inside the room due to the router

As I was checking in, they’ve informed me that I’ve been upgraded to the new part of the hotel, where the layout of the room was really nice, clean and had all the amenities needed. Staff was very nice and helping.

Would recommend THE HOTEL but STAY OUT of the BAR RESTAURANT -

Only negative which is true of most of the boutique hotels on south beach is the liquor sales by the restaurant bar operator are separate and they are mostly RIPOFFS when it comes to ordering drinks - be sure to ask how much the huge cocktails cost because we were charged $55 for a mojito and I was so upset. It was a big drink but I am sure made with house liquor for about 50 cents! THERE ARE PLENTY OF GREAT RESTAURANTS AND BARS TO GO TO SO STAY OUT OF THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

Room we stayed in was recently remodeled and very nice - whole place is a cool upbeat south beach hotel

Away yet Close to All

nothing.

I loved everything....especially the lounge chairs and umbrella that was already set up on the beach waiting for me and my friend. The staff were super friendly and always willing to help. The area was perfect. on the strip, but away from the chaos!

Best location and price-value

Resort fee ($9) is charged daily, whether used or not; and the umbrellas and chairs at the beach are only available from 9:00am to 6:30pm, so if your hoping to enjoy the beach early or watch the sunset, you won't get to use them. Gym opens at 9:00, again, if you're an early bird it’s inconvenient. Cleanliness in rooms and restrooms at the restaurant we're ok, but not great.

Location was great! A couple of blocks away from all the bars on Ocean Drive but far enough from all the noise, so you could rest and relax. Plus, the beach is literally a block away! Staff is super nice and friendly!

Small room, not private enough, even when bed was supose to be "king"...it was not. They did lie about better options for parking. They want you to use their valet parking, but public parking garage is way more affortable and convenient. Also, very annoying having someone trying to sell you something everytime you leave the hotel outside.

Wonderful!!

Values of the restaurant.

Our stay was incredible. The room is very clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing, always helpful. They offered us a modem to use during our stay. Just ask at the front desk, for a temporary $ 100 lock card. The portable wifi worked very well, including on the beach. The atmosphere of the restaurant is great, very lively, with helpful antemers, but the prices of the drinks are high. 8 USD heineken draft beer. 25 USD a drink. The value of the room rate is high, but the location is very good. 5 minute walk to find the sand of south beach. Amazing! I plan to stay there again next year and am waiting for promotional rates, considering that in 2015 my brother paid half the amount I paid in 2018. In summary: I highly recommend the hotel. Great location, parking (35 USD daily) and clean and comfortable room.

great location, very polity and helpful front office and concierge, great value for money.

The pressure of the shower was not enough and the wifi signal was very slow. Also just as a note, the ladies that work at the bar were quite inappropriate asking consistently if we wanted to get 2x1 cocktails, one of them even got in our way so that we could´t go upstairs to our room.

The location was perfect, next to the beach, very near south of miami beach where there are great restaurants and also next to ocean´s drive where you can find bars, shops and everything you need. The concierge were always very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The position is great on ocean drive near the beach
    • Room Selected at Check-In

35$ per day for the valet parking We asked the day before if we could have the car ready for 6 am the next morning to go to the airport..the morning we wait for more than 20 minutes to have the car The hotel is fine but if you are a 4 stars you have to give a proper service

The position is great on ocean drive near the beach The hotel is fine and clean

Great hotel

The location is excellent at the quieter end of Ocean Drive, but still lively enough. A fantastic beach with beds/umbrellas just across the street. Food was excellent in the restaurant. Marc at reception was brilliant with with us, he gave us great advice and overall very helpful. If we return to Miami we would definitely be booking this hotel. Thanks for everything guys.

Great stay!

We got room 126 which was beautiful ; however, we could hear all the outside (backyard) and door opening and closing to the interior staircase. But we still love this property!

The room decor was very nice. Very clean and the Staff was great! We felt very welcomed.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The property is not located in the hustle and bustle of...

Small bathroom.

The property is not located in the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive. The beach is about 5 mins walk away from the hotel which was good. This was a nice boutique hotel ideal for a short stay. Huge king bed! It was quite comfy.

Great location in a bit calmer area of South beach.

Great location in a bit calmer area of South beach. The beach is only a short walk away and the hotel provides towels, beach loungers and parasols. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and the people were all super friendly. Breakfast selection was very good too.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Excellent value for money, quiet ed of the strip, lovely...

Very noisy, rooms at the front have to endure the loud music from the bar below. The very annoying staff who work the door trying to get customers in to the bar. They constantly tried with us, it didn’t matter if we were just arriving with our suitcases or leaving for the day. Hotel needs to stop their front of house staff from constantly harassing hotel guests to buy a happy hour drink when they are entering and exiting the hotel.

Excellent value for money, quiet ed of the strip, lovely modern rooms, good food, friendly reception staff.

No 4 star, will never come back again.

The hotel claims to be a 4 star, but don’t be fooled by that. Rooms ain’t sound proof, I could hear everything going on the floor above. I could not open any window more that 10 cm and anyway it was facing the street. Shower was dirty Floor was dirty There were hanging wires, really a hazard!!! Phone was not working. TV was not working. TV remote wasn’t working. All furniture were very old Toilet was so small I could barely use it. I will never return to this hotel and I’m sorry for the money spent on this place.

Hotel is in a good location Bed was comforting That’s the only good think I can say.

Nice hotel, good value for money

Service at reception wasn't overly helpful - friendly but very unhelpful. Breakfast was disappointing. Limited range, sugary cereals only and lack of fresh fruit.

Hotel is split into two parts - one in the older (but renovated wing) and the other in the new building. I was located in the new wing - still very nice rooms but no murals as per the images. Spacious rooms and beautiful bathrooms. Nice amenities. Great location right on Miami Beach and within walking distance of many restaurants.

Everything was great had some minor issues which they...

The ac wasn’t working so I talk to front desk the gentleman came in a look at it and told me there is nothing he could do so I asked s to move to another room and his reply was that won’t be possible and if it don’t work here what makes u think the other to would be better that is not a way you handle a situation like that.my boyfriend is diabetic and he gets hot flashes and has to injection his medication the Fridge barely worked to so and they couldn’t accommodate us and my boyfriend was man at me and that ruin the mood and instead of enjoying my romantic get Alway it turned in to a total argument.

Everything was great had some minor issues which they couldn’t fix and I was kinda disappointed not sure if I would go back cause they could fix the situation at that moment

Good value for the money with cheaper “resort fees” that...

The unfortunate insensitive name of the hotel (me being Palestinian)

Good value for the money with cheaper “resort fees” that actually covers everything. No extra money to get an parasol for example.

Beds were comfy and great food.

We were without proper AC for 4 days. We asked the young man at the front desk could we switch rooms and he said they were all booked up. The entire time we complained about the room being 75 degrees. They decided to come fix it on our last day,but it still didn't work. It was so warm in the room that house keeping asked why didn't they switch us. It made our 4 days very uncomfortable. They should have given me something off my room. We also asked for our phone to be fixed and it took 2 days.

Beds were comfy and great food.

Modern room with Art Deco feel.

Free parking does not exist and valet parking was in the $30 range. The hotel does have a bar but they charge an automatic 18 percent gratitity, which is surprising. The bed is very hard. The bathroom is very tiny and typically the sample bathroom products are free but a sign was placed to visit the front desk to ask about the samples. So needless to say never used the shower products, which is ashame based on the price you pay for a night.

The overall location is good. Only a block from the ocean. The room was comfortable but very small.

So good we came back

Returned for one night, stayed in room 232 which was lovely. Brilliant location, great reception and staff. Free beach towels, umbrellas and beds on beach

Pretty hotel in great location, but uncaring guest service

See above

Property is very nice and in a great location. Staff seem very friendly but then forget about you once you are out of thier sight. We came for one night after a cruise before heading home the next day. Showed up early (about 11 am) before check in. They suggested that we might get checked in within an hour or so. Had us leave our bags (with little ID stickers) in the corner of a busy lobby and said they would get in touch with by phone once room was ready. We then went out and got sidetracked as tourists. No calls, no texts from the property. Tried calling them a few times but no answer. Finally got back late (1000pm) to find that our bags were still just sitting in a public place. After we got our keys we just took our bags from among a pile of bags and no one even asked for our claim check to match numbers. Made me very glad that I had kept all my money, valuables and passports with me all day as the property didn’t seem to care about securing our property. When I raised this concern with the front desk, they really could not have cared less. So, while the property is pretty (save for some peeling wallpaper in outer room, which is probably hard to avoid in the South Florida humidity) and well located, the staff and customer service are not very focused on guests. That is a farm cry from the experiance we had the weekend before at the Marlin Hotel which had amazing guest services.

The location and small boutique feel of the hotel, literally...

The beds were a little too soft

The location and small boutique feel of the hotel, literally 300 yards from the beach. Also we loved that it was at the quieter end of the Ocean Drive. Breakfast and and restaurant food was superb. Great service

Location, price and room were very nice. The staff was always attentive and friendly.

The bathroom is rather small. It can get pretty noisy as you're able to hear other guests, especially TVs from rooms next door.

The bed was huge and the room was very spacious. The staff was extremely friendly, especially at the bar! The location is top-notch.

Brilliant stay.

Definately the best situation on Ocean drive - quiet area with great beach, very nice shops & restaurants close by. Small Boutique Hotel, great rooms, bar, veranda restaurant with very helpful friendly staff & great manager who took time to talk to all the guests. Champagne on arrival a bonus. Best place we ate in Miami & extensive buffet breakfast. Fab 4 days !!

Location was excellent

The check in process could have been more efficient. We were given 2 standard queen rooms instead of 2 double queen rooms. Had to wait till the correct rooms were finally alloted.

Location was excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay

The food at the restaurant was not very tasty

I loved the decor and the cleanliness of the room. The front desk staff were very amicable and even helped with our luggage. The hotel was in a good location but please be aware that finding a parking spot is like finding a diamond in the rough! We chose to add the valet option. We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant one evening and it was okay, nothing to write home about. The toilet in our room required servicing. However, it was not a deal breaker because as soon as I called the front desk they sent a staff member immediately....didn't have to wait 10 minutes! The hotel is very boutique chic! It is located along the far end of Ocean Ave so the upside is that you're away from the heavy traffic (both pedestrian and auto). The downside is you're away from the action, lol. Overall I was very satisfied with my visit and I would book accommodations at Room Mate Lord Balfour again!

Pretty good for a short stay.

The room and especially the bathroom were small. To give this some perspective, I should mention that I live in NYC in a small apartment. Nevertheless, better than other similar hotels we've been to in SoBe.

Everything in the room worked, staff was very very nice and friendly! Location is great, as were the included beach chairs and umbrella.

Nice hotel who met all of my expectations and I would stay there again

When sitting on the toilet it is next to impossible to grab the toilet paper as it is jammed in behind you . Early check-in is not possible they will not let you in your room one minute before 3 PM . I’ll never understand why some hotels will not let you in your rooms as they are prepped by the cleaning crew . Surely if check out is at 11 AM rooms should become available every half hour .

The location is perfect. A quiet location but only two or three blocks from all the action . Beach right across the street.

Good South beach hotel

Shower was not brilliantly designed, bathroom always covered in water if you not careful

Very funky, nice vibe, on the query side of South beach which was nice

Very clean, comfortable and convenient.... recommended!!!

Was woken at 5:45am by a couple of drunk American (not Spanish) women walking in high heels and talking so loud... oblivious to the fact that other guests were sleeping.

Stylish and comfortable room with king bed in the heart of South Beach.

Great location and great staff!

We couldn't check in until a bit late. However the staff was very nice and served us refreshments until a room was ready.

Really liked the hotel. The staff is very charming. Our room was nice, decorated in a very modern and fun manner.

Staff was very nice at front desk.

This hotel room is very small, bathroom fits one person at a time. The reception area and hallways are dirty. Worst of all was the noise. You can hear everything, your neighbors sneezing and watching TV, the person above you walking around at 3am....people talking and yelling in the hallways, and other doors slamming shut. The breakfast/ affiliate resturant is completely separate from the hotel and poorly run...one nice lady running around doing all the work and some "managers" staying around doing nothing but looking grumpy and stressed. These hotels near this area are old....so some thing so are to be expected but sound proofing should be essential in a hotel.

Staff was very nice at front desk. Room was clean.

Good Location , nice design, a little expensive

the small room where the wardrobe is located (walk in closet ?), difficult to access, the safe location was useless, couldn't extend the drawer that houses the safe, so the safe couldn't fully open .. the door for that closet need a hold open device ... The AC was noisy... the interconnecting door gave me a sense of insecurity

Friendly staff the bed is comfy the lounge and terrace outside the location the artwork in the room the bathroom amenities

Fantastic location. Beautifully decorated and very clean. Great staff.

The breakfast buffet was good but often there was no clean cutlery or plates. A couple of mornings they were out of bacon and had to ask the staff to replenish it. Not the end of the world. The coffee offered was very weak and they do not provide proper coffee cream. We had to use those little cream containers which are useless and very bad for the environment. I like a lot of cream and I ended up using 8+ of them.

The hotel was beautifully decorated, very clean and well appointed. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location was great as it was on the strip but just far enough away from the really busy and noisy part of Ocean Drive. The bed was very comfortable with great bed linens. Most importantly it was quite for sleeping and the water pressure was fantastic.

The location at the end of the strip was nice and quiet, but...

The room was extremely small. We stayed for a week and housekeeping didn’t sweep the entire time we were there, nor did they provide clean drinking glasses unless specifically asked for and then not always then.

The location at the end of the strip was nice and quiet, but still within easy access of everything. The resort fee also included beach towels, chairs & umbrella The beach was basically across the road, which was great! The staff was very friendly.

I was incorrectly being charged for the previous guest’s...

I didn’t like being charged daily fees for the beach/pool when I never used them.

I was incorrectly being charged for the previous guest’s breakfast, it’s a good thing I checked my bill. I liked that the complaint was immediately checked and the bill promptly rectified.

Location is perfect.

Restaurant not part of the hotel, its not a big problem, but was something that was obvious and customers need to face 2 different companies. Hotel is not cheap, but location / quality is very good, so that is not a huge concern as well, its well worth it imo.

Location is perfect. It is pretty much in the middle of it all, but without the noise and disruption of the busy Ocean Drive area. Hotel is 1 min away from a very nice, private part of the beach. Staff was very helpful and hotel is funky, so interesting to stay in, without being super luxurious or pretentious. Also, the restaurant that is located in the hotel is very very good - tasty, quick and reasonably priced.

Hotel agradable, bien localizado

They do not have room service. The car took too much time to come when we call for it. There is not pool area.

The restaurant si very good, the chicken lolipops excelent! Good enviroment and nice music

5 beautiful days in the sun

There were little sand sharks at the beach. The locals were calm and used to them but I was freaked out by them swimming in such shallow water right next to us!

We liked walking to so many good/great restaurants but loved two healthy ones. For breakfast we walked to Purevida and took our açaí bowl and smoothie to the south point park 😊. Another place we loved was called Simple Food, we loved the Buddha bowl for lunch. Poseidon was great for dinner. Service reminded me of the slower “island time” approach. Tips were generally included and nobody ever rushed to get the check or anything. This was fine for vacation and reminded us to relax😊

The hotel was much better than what I expected. Far enough off the strip that it is very quiet.

The breakfast was not great. The hashbrowns were dry.

The room was great. The bed was very comfortable. I could hardly hear anything in the room. It was so quiet.

Great location!

Gym only open from 9am and even then didn’t open on time. Water was missing on one day. No cosy seating area, the indoor dining area looked soulless

Use of beach facilities.

Staff was friendly but would not stay here again nor recommend to anyone

The room size, the bed was horribly uncomfortable. The bathroom was tiny. The smell in the room and floor hallways smelled damp and musty. No parking. The room furniture was torn and old.

The staff was friendly. The foyer and bar area was very elegant.

Very enjoyable

The battery in the fire alarm in the room was depleting and so it beeped through the night keeping us awake. We were given a free breakfast to compensate which was nice. We had a room with 2 queen beds - I thought it was a little stingy only giving us one small bottle of water in the room between 2 - I mentioned it but they didn't offer another - small detail but important to feel valued!

Good stay.

Not surprisingly for an old, Art Deco era building, the room was small--more typical of a European hotel. Doors, both to the hall and to an adjacent room, were very thin. Room 321 was directly across from the exercise room and the music from the exercise room was loud in 321 if the exercise room door was open. Parking was not on-site. It was not made clear until check-out that the breakfast was not included in the room price.

Room was clean and well-appointed. Property was well maintained and staff was cordial and helpful. Location was excellent at the south end of the Art Deco district and just a couple of blocks away from the noise and bustle of the heart of that district.

A personalized guest experience! However, the room is outdated and the furniture is worn out!

The hotel room is relatively overpriced when considering the quality of accommodation. Furniture is worn out. The overall look of the bedroom is pretty outdated, reflects America in 70's. The bathroom is extra-small. The hotel does not have a parking lot and charges $35 per night for valet parking. The resort is across the road from Miami beach, however, there is no ocean-view as there is a highrise condo building is blocking the view 99%, except for the 4th floor, corner unit, where you see a 2-inch stripe of the ocean between the two condos.

This was a surprise gift for my husband on my birthday. From my very first phone call to confirm my reservation (with Frank) to the check-in process (with Veronica) was a very pleasant experience. The front office staff went above and beyond to make my gift to my husband an unforgettable one. This is probably the friendliest front office staff you'll ever encounter in Miami. Once we arrived in there, we realize that the hotel does not have a parking lot. The valet parking guy explained us all options we have in a 100% unbiased manner. The shower had a good pressure and warm water. Had no issues with accommodation.

Fabulous stay at a fabuous hotel!

The Lord Balfour provided excellent value for the cost. It was right down on ocean drive, minutes from the beach and minutes from many shops and other restaurants. Could not have picked a better location as it was not on the busiest part of ocean drive which was really nice, it was a bit quieter. Our king bed room was big enough for the two of us and the bathroom was filled with amenities as was the room bar. A fabulous stay at a very cool hotel, will go back and will recommend to family and friends. Thanks to the very nice staff there, very accommodating and caring.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Not enough lights in the room. There was plenty of natural light in the daytime, but not enough electric lights to see your things at night.

Really nice boutique hotel with helpful staff, and cool design. The bedroom was large, the bathroom was small but nicely done. The location is excellent -- it's fairly quiet but just a few blocks from the party scene.

Another great experience in a Room Mate Hotel!

Fantastic Art Deco Building. The decoration is stunning, rooms, lobby, bar, restaurant... Rooms very clean. Location is perfect! In a calm area of Ocean Drive but from a very short walk distance to restaurants, bars and beach. Staff is very friendly.

Apart from the unusually inclement weather, my stay was very enjoyable.

The choice of having a few more bars/ restaurants close by.

The bed was amazingly comfortable as were the pillows. Staff couldn’t have been more approachable and efficient.

Nice hotel in a great location

Wall is very thin. I felt like I was sharing a room with the neighbour. Could hear everything! Cleaning could happen anytime up to 5pm. They do a great job but their thorough work meant that I could not access the room unexpectedly around for a lengthy time during the day.

Great location, only 2 minutes to the beach and close to loads of restaurants nearby. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Their portable WiFi kit was a great touch and very handy. Hotel itself is in a quiet location.

No I would not recommend the place . A more detailed description of the hotel is required .
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Cinder block room, floor buckling, missing one closet sliding door, no list of cost for mini fridge items and when we got it, the prices were more than on the cruise ship. $15-16.00 for cold buffet breakfast, sour milk, no I was not impressed. To compensate for the condition of the room,and location (back alley over looking the garbage) we were offered to be able to delay Checkout till 3:00 free of charge, which is normally $50. We took advantage of the offer,because our flight was a later one.

Beds were comfy, bathroom very nice.

Loved the staff! Everyone was so nice. I would stay here again!

Bed was a little hard. $4.00 for a can of soda in your room fridge.

Staff is incredible friendly! Very clean hotel. Great atmosphere. Nice restaurant at the entrance. A little pricey on the menu but it is in line with all the other restaurants on the beach. Wonderful access to beach chairs and umbrellas!

Nice from the outside but not at all great to stay there
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Rooms are hopeless for travellers, nowhere to store bags, closet far too small and no bedside tables, not enough power sockets and usual hotel issues, not in right places to be helpful. The bathroom was so dim that it was impossible for my girlfriend to use it and the shower floor is a severe danger, it is lethal when wet

Nice decor and staff were good

Nice staff in clean hotel in good location.

The house is built in another age - access to rooms and room size are not large - but OK. The rooms are not well insulated reg. noise. The other guests behaved very nicely - good clientele - but when the garbage truck etc. is working out back, you will know it! Bring your earplugs and you'll be fine.

Staff was very helpful, courteous and professionel in a good way. Front desk staff responded quickly to my requests (WiFi code renewal, instruction in how to make calls from phone in room, air-con etc). I ran into the sales manager as well - I think the new owners are putting a pretty good team together, who all know that customer satisfaction is king!

Bad over price had to change room poor front desk could not even change a $100 bill
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Tv hanging from wall had to call 3 timed took an hr to come to our room had to change room The repair person was lady from front desk Way over price will never book again

Great hotel but let us down a little over catering.

Because my wife has bad mobility problems we wanted a hotel that did evening food. I was very surprised and disappointed to find that they had taken away their evening food option as they were changing contracts. There was no contact telling me of this before we started our trip and we had to go out in a taxi for dinner instead which was exactly what I didn't want. I understand that they are opening with new food contractor but that didn't help us of course.The sensible thing to do would have been to arrange the breakfast provider to provide evening snacks at least until the new team come onboard.

The hotel and staff were lovely. The staff couldn't have done anymore to help and support us. Breakfast was fabulous. The verandah had ceiling fans and was a lovely place to sit and people watch.

They ask for money for deposit and you will not get back.

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days..they asked me to pay $ 100 deposit even though I did not know that I had to spit this money before booking the room I finally agreed and in good faith and i paid I was told that the money will be returned back to my account within 7 working daysand so it was done for 1 month and the money I did not get back.

Great stay in South Beach.

Lobby of hotel was very "perfumy" smelling. Very overwhelming. I would suggest a more neutral air freshener if possible.

Included breakfast was very good! Many options. Staff was very helpful making suggestions for dining.

About what I expected

Rooms were small;no parking available on or near the property;valet service cost double the cost of our rental car

Beds comfortable;staff friendly ;great location

Would choose again

Price of valet but thought it was the best option. Paid street parking available too which the staff will point out.

Location was amazing. Room was fun. Staff was very friendly.

We had an excellent stay made the beginning of our trip memorable!

Coffee at the bar wasn’t great it came cold and was very expensive. The only negative if the facility

Well equipped room and very helpful staff happy to help you. We told them it was our 25th wedding anniversary and when we arrived they had written a beautiful personal message on our mirror and gave us a bottle of bubbles in our room! Awesome surprise.

Excellent stay

We like everything though there were so many places to have breakfast nearby we did not eat at the hotel.

Very friendly staff and helpful, chairs on the beach with umbrella and towel!

Excellent stay

Very helpful and friendly staff who made us feel very comfortable. The rooms have a very nice finish. Really appreciated every aspect of the room - space, bed, coffee maker, wide array of television channels. Would definitely recommend.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was so small. I booked a room with two full size beds, but for the size of the room, it should have only been equipped with a single bed.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

The perfect Miami Beach hotel!

The rooms aren't too big, especially the toilet. It's a little challenge to reach for the toilet paper :)

This was the second time we stayed at this great hotel! The hotel has a great partner by the beach, Estebans Place. The manage beach beds and parasols. The hotel hands out beach towels in the reception, very comfy! The breakfast was very tasty. Everything felt fresh and clean. We had dinner att the restaurant in the facility, Chef Vincent. The dinner was great. We got some Hurricane Harvey over us, so it was very rainy. We spent some time on the "front porch" of the facility, drinking some drinks and cappucinos. The location of the hotel is just perfect for this. It's located in the far south of Ocean Drive, so the traffic is very slow. In the middle of Ocean Drive the traffic can be pretty heavy and the music from the bars makes you tired pretty fast. We highly recommend this hotel and other hotels in the Room Mate-family!

Great hotel , well positioned

Parking is expensive

Another very comfortable, well priced Room mate hotel . Staff were very good at the front desk , well located for walking to the beach and the strip . Restaurant on ground floor was excellent .

A wonderfully located and very cool hotel where its clear that a lot of thought about the feel

Lack of parking

Concierge staff were excellent, walking distance to the beach and the hotel is 100yds or so from the bar noise at night so you dont hear a thing but you can be part of it in minutes.

IT WAS OK..THE STAFF WAS GREAT...

THE BATHROOM WAS ON THE SMALL SIDE...PROBLEMS CONTINUALLY WITH THE TV / CABLE RECEPTION...HAD TO CHANGE ROOMS ON MY 3RD NIGHT BECAAUSE THE AC WENT OUT...VERY ANNOYED ABOUT THAT..BUT...OH WELL...

Short and sweet
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was on the small side, but i think that was because we requested the room with King Size bed. Had we requested a double instead i feel like there would have been a lot more space.

Bed was super comfy and the decor of the hotel was super modern and inviting! The bathroom was gorgeous. The staff was the best part of our stay, extremely helpful and always smiling!

Browse Room Mate Lord Balfour traveller photo gallery