Reviews of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel 4 stars

11461 Sunset Boulevard, Westwood, Los Angeles, CA 90049, USA

#64 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

the road was a little noisy and depending on which room you are given it was quite loud in the middle of the night for us.

Friendly staff, good location, felt safe and clean.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought the view would be of the LA skyline . It was of the swimming pool and courtyard.it was pleasant however especially on the balcony. We had to wait for a room with a view and were directed to the bar and restaurant. No service at either spot. The bar wasn’t open. We assumed that the outside courtyard was an extension of the bar but we were wrong. However when I did ask a guy who had just rushed into the bar, for a drink and were told it was closed, he did go ahead and pour us a glas if prosecco!

Opportunity to have a room with a view

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Careful when you prepay the hotel. I was charged the entire amount again upon check-in, and the hotel did not recognize a mistake had been made. Very disappointed about this incident.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very expensive for what it was. The gentleman serving in the restaurant was very rude and basically made us feel like we were an inconvenience. I ordered a warm chocolate, he put it in a take away cup with a straw in it. I assumed it was a drinkable temperature but after drinking from the straw severely burnt my tongue and mouth as it was boiling temperature hot. Don't expect a warm welcome or a smile from this hotel. Cold hostile environment. Would never stay again.

The hotel was clean

• Superior King Room

Thé property was very comfortable and excellent condition. The room was on point very clean and tastefully set up. The gym was good. The ground was very well kept.

• Superior Queen Room

The staff were extremely friendly and always helpful. It really added to our stay! The hotel was very clean and our breakfast there was delicious! The location worked out very well for us too. I was very happy with our stay.

• Superior King Room

Inconvenience of having to travel up and down hill to get to main area or catch cab, while rooms were very large, a lot was wasted space and of no benefit. Not much different quality than a hotel room priced much lower although in nice location, even though it was not very convenient to get to.

• Executive Junior Suite

We were in the top building and had to drive up a narrow poorly lit road that they allowed people to park their cars on the side of. When an incident arose the staff was not helpful and because it involved another staff member they were very combative

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location. My first time in LA and if I was to stay again I would stay more West Hollywood, but I guess that depends on what you want to do. Also before I arrived and again when I checked in I was told I hadn’t paid for any of the hotel even though $800 had come out of my account. Tried to charge me again until one of the members of reception took over and sorted it out. Apparently a glitch in the system. Seems unprofessional for me to be told twice that I hadn’t paid... especially when it is a lot of money.

Customer service was fantastic. Above and beyond. Maid’s were lovely and did an amazing job. The facilities were great inc the outdoor pool.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast buffet could offer more options, it was rather poor.

Excellent location, great building, elegant modern style, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and pillows.

• Superior King Room

Only real problem was the required valet parking, but it's to be expected in LA.

Beautiful site, great location. View of the Getty from out back. Room was extremely comfortable, food at the on-site restaurant was great. Didn't even need to leave the location to have a great evening.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to valet park, for which there is a significant charge. No self park option. Also charge $11 for the first hour and $$ for each additional hour for guests to park.

Smartly furnished rooms, many with balconies. User friendly swimming pool area by second building, with ping pong and pool table. Great location if Westwood/Brentwood area is your locus.

• Superior King Room

Not within walking distance to shops, right by the freeway and hard to find. Limited menu, less than ok breakfast.

Bed was comfortable, bathroom clean.

• Superior King Room

The beds in our king bed room were not as requested...we got 2 twins. Ridiculous! The reservation was for 3 adults. I had to order an extra bed and was charged for it!! Plus our room was overlooking the night club and had to listen to the base for hours.

• Superior King Room

We received a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite on arrival and felt entirely welcomed by Malachy on reception. Malachy took the time to explain everything and even though we were tired and struggled, he was patient and friendly despite having to explain a few things twice.

• Superior King Room

It appears the hotel is outdated, The bed lining were lumpy.

The charge for parking unnecessary for the cost of the room in addition to the extra fees charged. The Bathroom had a bit of Mold in the room with torn wall paper. Scary elevator

• Superior King Room

I didn't anticipate when booking the property that it was split into two facilities that weren't easy to traverse between. Parking, or lack thereof, was bad.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food in restaurant and room service menu could be improved.

The bed was comfy, great bathroom, facilities were amazing, staff were fantastic and helpful.

• Superior King Room

No hot water in sink. Ok in shower thankfully. Had to wait half hour for room even though I called for early check in Heard noise almost all night. I was too close to lobby. Never again

Large room. Staff helpful. Large bothroom and shower

• Superior King Room

What was really disappointing was the noise from the freeway We had booked an upgraded king size however the hotel was obviously not full and we could have been put on an inside room where it is quiet Our room which was large and pleasant however we might as well have been on the freeway the noise was that bad ask to be moved if given an outside room the noise insulation was not good enough As it was only one night if not I would have moved as I got hardly any sleep

Great friendly staff helpful and polite at every point

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit worn down in bathroom and toilets.

Nice location close to Hollywood and Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc, with nice and responsive staff. Good valet parking service

• Superior King Room

Service and Food in the hotel failed to meet our expectations. We would have been willing to dine in the hotel on more than one occasion had the service been better, quality of the food also affected our decision. Ashtrays on the patios seemed to encourage smoking, out experience with other guests smoking would be a factor in staying at the hotel in the future.

The location near the Getty was excellent and why we booked the LUXE. Hotel despite its age was well kept. Staff was responsive to our requests. Room was comfortable and spacious. The LUXE being close to the Brentwood Village where we ate dinners at the Brentwood Cafe and breakfasts at the Pain Quotidien was terrific. Pool was also much appreciated as well as the gym.

• Superior King Room

I had great problems with my check-in: the rooms did not match those booked; I waited 4 hours. After 4 hours I had to contest to put two extra beds: we were 8 people and the beds were only 6.

• Executive Junior Suite

The lobby area often wasn't kept tidy. They need a little more experience with attention to detail.

The grounds are beautiful in the beautiful neighborhood of Brentwood. Beverly Hills is just 10 minutes by car. Malibu is 30 minutes (without traffic!!). My room was large and comfy (executive junior suite).

• Superior King Room

I wish the price of overnight parking had been a bit cheaper m, especially since I was there for an event that was happening on the property.

It was very easy to check in. The front desk clerk was so kind and not to mention very nicely dressed. The room itself was wonderful. Then bed was extremely comfortable.

• Superior King Room

Beds were super comfortable. Traffic was somewhat noisy but given the expanse of the room and the comfort we lived with it. Only a brief visit but we were super grateful for the beautiful bath that was unique given many hotels in USA do not have this. We would return without a doubt. Pool was beautiful too, we wish we could have stayed longer.

Everything was fine

Very nice Hotel. We were surprised about the valet parking and the big rooms. The beds were very comfortable and the staff were helpfully and friendly. We enjoyed our stay very much. Thanks once again to the staff for the nice honeymoon surprise!! The only thing is the Hotel is not next to the walk of fame (1/2 hour per car with no traffic), but it's okay.

I think we should have been given the choice if we wanted valet parking or not. Our car stayed in the car park the whole time until we left as we found it easier to use Uber to get around, but we still had to pay $36 per day for valet parking.

Bed was very comfortable and good pillows and the air conditioning worked very well. Enjoyed having a coffee maker in the room.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a wedding going on so loud music and tons of people to deal with at valet and walk through

Staff we great. Property was beautiful but a little "compact" - parking tight, rooms small but clean and nice

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff Hotel Management Room and corridors especially carpets smell very bad. Hotel needs renovation. Pictures are professional but unfortunately does not reflect the reality.

Valet Parking but it was expensive. Location

• Superior King Room

The photographs are tricky, not same with real room! Hotel is not exclusive as it seems, and furnitures are very old The drug smell of customers As soon as i arrived Receptionists' political issues talkings were unnecessary

• Superior King Room

The elevator was out of order during my stay, and we stayed on the second floor. I carried my luggage to and from my room using the stairs. I also think valet should be optional not maditory if you have your own vehicle.

Room and view was beautiful.

• Executive Junior Suite

The pool is very smal with limited sun loungers and there is music playing through speakers the whole day so not somewhere you can relax in peace. Our room was not ready for 3pm check in. We waited 40 mins - not too long although the last thing you want after a long plane journey! The staff were however very apologetic and offered us complimentary champagne - thoughtful if you drink alcohol. The valet parking is expensive and several times we were bought the wrong car! There is no self park option.

The hotel is modern with a contemporary design. Staff are very pleasant. The junior suite was spacious with an open plan seating area, bedroom and large bathroom. Free toiletries, WIFI and Keurig coffee maker were excellent. In room aerobics mat, iPad for ordering in room dining to finding out about local things to do were nice touches. The fitness suite is well equipped and you can help yourself to free bottled water and fruit. Didn't use the restaurant because we preferred to eat out with good local amentities about a 10 minute drive away. The hotel is well placed to visit Hollywood tourist attractions- Hollywood Walk of Fame, Bel Air, Beverley Hills, the Getty Centre and the Getty Villa are very close and an easy drive.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior King Room

The hotel doesn't look like in the pictures, not the level of luxury it displays, although the price is high and doesn't match what you expect to receive. There is a Valet service in the parking, taking on that extra $ 130 per day. Expensive and unjustified. Also, note that you are not charged extra. In this amount, you can find a more pampering hotel.

Rooms are large and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Superior King Room

They were filming at the resort and we were not allowed to use a lot of the facilities as a result. No vending whatsoever and there were no staff at the bar to get us a soda despite calling and asking for someone to help us. Gym was so upscale but so small and hot, there was no way you could ever work out there.

Property overall was beautiful and pool was nice.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower controls were temperamental and there was no handheld option to e.g. wash hair

The concierge and front desk staff were exceptionally patient and helpful, the rooms and public areas were spacious. The mattresses, pillows and linen were great.

• Superior King Room

This property needs A LOT work. They put me in a room that had a very foul odor. It smelled as if the carpet had mildew on it. Then when I complained they were eager to rectify the situation. They actually offered me a humidifier versus another room. They claimed they were fully booked. After speaking with the manager, we learned that this was not correct. In fact, they gave me the run around and numerous excuses to why they couldn't accommodate me. The elevator-its a joke. Guests are unable to actually utilize it as it can only hold two people. Guest and staff use it to transport luggage, although this is not a service elevator. I am very dissatisfied and will never stay here again.

The location and the Valet staff! Everything else needs work.... A LOT of work!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Executive Junior Suite

The parking is expensive and annoying. I would rather have a self parking area for hotel residents. Keep the valet just for day visitors. The building could be better sound proofed from the traffic noise

Access to major roads in all directions. The pool. Doesn't feel busy in the hotel even when it is . Rooms are all a good size.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Executive Junior Suite

The staff was very helpful. Our flight landed at 7am and we were very excited they had a suite ready for us and were very accomadating. They also offered free car service.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Superior King Room

Sunset boulevard is a big motorway and no where to walk to. Thought the prices in the hotel were expensive for drinks and meals and as there was nowhere else in walking distance you had to pay them if you wanted to drink.

Hotel was beautiful and couldn't fault the staff. We were upgraded and our room was massive. Quiet location and a good central area for tourist attraction by car.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Superior King Room

I didn't like the entrance to the upper level second floor. I valet my car and my wife and I had to carry our bags up the stairs and then try to get thru the door to go down the hallway. An elevator or a bellman would have been nice.

Love that we had a balcony. Rooms were comfy as well.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Superior King Room

I didn't like that when I showered the water didn't go down the drain by the time I was done the water was to my ankles and my shower was about 15 or so

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Superior King Room

The food and drinks, while very good, was way over priced. They charged for almost everything. I felt like everytime I flushed the toilet I was gonna get charged $20.

Very neat hotel. Found a couple bugs in the room but no big deal.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Superior King Room

There is mandatory valet parking. The hotel is renovating a new wing. Our room was initially supposed to be on the wing they were renovating, but the fumes were too strong. And the elevator to the top floor of that wing is still being installed. They did move us into the original wing and everything was fine after that.

The staff was great. The room we ended up in eventually was very nice.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Walls are thin, recommend getting room on second floor. Otherwise hear every little footstep, etc above you. And food was mediocre. We were there over Xmas, so had the Xmas dinner at the hotel restaurant. $64 a person, so expecting excellent food. Not so. Afterwards, we made sure to eat meals at local restaurants. Much better food and price!

Staff very pleasant and attentive. Clean rooms. Great location to Getty museum, Santa Monica. And museums at Exposition park, within a half hour drive.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Superior King Room

My wife came down with food poisoning after eating dinner in the restaurant. Shops and other dining are not accessible on foot.

The room was spacious and quiet. The mattress was comfortable

• Superior King Room

Did not like having to shuttle back and forth from the upper to the lower. Did not appreciate not being told there was no elevator in the upper units. Had we known, we would've at least requested a downstairs room.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The in room TV system didn't broadcast the baseball playoff game. I had to go and watch in the bar!! This is LA. Come on now!

Most comfortable bed ever!!!!!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room that was reserved had a terrible smell coming from the patio area, so I was offered another room but it didn't have a second bed and was promised a cart. The cart was never delivered. I was forced to sleep on the floor even though there was a couch in the room. I decided to not sleep on the couch because there was a blood filled tissue under the pillow cushion. Needless to say that I felt better off on the floor rather the couch! I mentioned it to the front desk the next day and they offered to wave the upgrade fee for the other room that I took to get away from the oder. Overall, it was a very nice establishment and the staff was extremely kind. I feel they should have done a little better with the compensation for 1-not delivering the cart that I was offered. 2-for feeling better safer on the floor rather a love seat that had a blood soaked tissue under the pillow cushion. To help with the story, I was traveling with my (soon to be 16 year old) daughter that I did not see fit to sleep in the same bed with, nor did I see it appropriate to have her sleep on a dirty love seat or a floor.

It's hard to say anything about the area and the views.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bad smell and the patio door did not open. A lot of places are under construction including the gym. They moved me to a better place but charged me more. Should have lowered the room rate during the masssive construction period. The breakfast was horrible: tasted like dried Denny's and drinks at the bar somehow were not good.

Had a flat tire onsite and they helped put a new tire very quickly. Two people helped!!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior King Room

The hotel definitely needs an elevator. There was construction going on right next to my room which kept us from being able to relax.. I also feel that the valet parking fee was a bit high.. I feel It cuts into the tipping for the actual valet.

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The staff was bright and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

One suggestion would be have some designated parking spaces out front for people coming in for a quick stop (less than an hour), then heading right back out :-)

We were out and about most of our stay but coming back to the Luxe was a wonderful way to end our day! We are at your restaurant twice it was lovely. The emplyees everywhere at the resort went above and beyond the jobs! We will be staying here again!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a lovely little oasis in the heart of LA. The hotel is close to a freeway -- which is convenient -- but you would never know it from the grounds. The facilities are modern and attractive, the rooms are spacious, the staff is friendly, and the pool is just as nice as the pictures make it look. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Executive Junior Suite

$40 per night parking Additional $8 if you want to park the car yourself and don't want to get into all that tipping nonsense for the valet parking. Noisy! Vacuuming early in the morning and could hear footsteps in the room above quite clearly. Slightly strange comments from staff member on checkout - 'you don't look too convincing' when we were asked 'Is there anything I should know about?' by her. I can assure you there were no problems. Just an unfortunate attitude I suppose.

Nice comfy room

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Executive Junior Suite

Comfortable, inviting, boutique hotel nestled in a hill in Bel Air. Away from LA traffic. Courteous staff. I, however, was confused as to why we were charged $320/night. I am confident that I booked the room at $263/night with booking.com. Is there a $57 service fee that I was unaware of? First time to reserve with booking.com. A bit leery about using them again in future due to discrepancy between advertised n actual rate. Front Desk Clerk couldn't help.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was clean but not everywhere. When we ask for help they took so long and the could not help us

The food was really good, the hotel also good located. The Beds are very comfortable as well as the pool is really nice and warm. We had a very good time there . The staff also very kind.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Executive Junior Suite

Sheets had dried blood on them on arrival. Half of the gym equipment was broken. Pool service was very slow. Only one bar of soap in the room. No Sunday maid service

The air conditioning. The swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior King Room

The Valet parking guys to lazy to drive the car inside the garage with airconditioner, but You must pay 30$ per day for valetparking. This garage is empty. If You Order something to Your Room it can Takes over one hour.

The staff is wonderful.

• Superior Queen Room

Bathroom is smaller than expected

The room is very big, staff is super friendly

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room not smelling like a nursing home.

Room smelled bad...Like pee. Walls and floors were thin...we could hear almost all TV, conversation sna dmore.

• Superior King Room

Hidden mandatory valet fee, elevator out of service and pool was some distance from lobby.

Staff very nice and facility was clean.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

My breakfast wasn’t great and there wasn’t some confusion with the payment.

It was in a great location with really friendly staff.

• Superior King Room

Valet parking in upper lot was disorganized but ok.

Beds were incredibly comfy!

• Superior King Room

The room had a bad smell and was not set up to a luxury room

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was excellent - very accommodating. Would highly recommend this property and if I am in the area again, it will be my first choice.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

On occasions there was no staff at the bar. Shuttle wasn’t always available.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elegant grace and charm. Staff who perform optimal day after day with a smile. Perfect location close to the beach and the city.

Everything was great.

The customer service was outstanding.

clean, room light

Bed was too soft

Staff was excellent! Too was clean and comfortable, well appointed.

• Superior King Room

Responsiveness concierge (in regards to following through on making reservations)

Very nice resort set-up

The price 😌

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was super accommodating & the location is perfect

• Superior King Room

That i had to go so soon

The view of the museum was amaizing from my balcony