Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Lyndhurst/Meadowlands 3 stars

1 Polito Avenue, Lyndhurst, NJ 07071, United States of America

#1 of 2 hotels in Lyndhurst

Nice hotel-good price.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

There was no ventilation in the bathroom whatsoever. So taking a shower in there was very humid and uncomfortable.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Saved us in a pinch

I tried to call the front desk for a wake up call and I couldn’t get through to them (constant faat busy signal). It was late when i called for my 5am wakeup and I didn’t want anyone else waking up not seeing me there otherwise I would’ve walked down stairs

Convenience and staff willing to work with us

Okay.

The restaurant. No lunch. No room service. I was told a free breakfast when I ordered the room, and told later I had to pay for it.

The bed was comfortable.

Rooms were clean.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

I traveled with my two children age 10yrs and 5yrs. The fruits at breakfast was stale and the pool need a good scrubbing.

Rooms were clean. Price fit my budget.

Clean rooms.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

No flavored creamer for coffee. No shuttle on weekend. Shower head wouldnt stay up at the top.

Clean rooms. Front desk manager was very friendly. All staff were very ni ce

Disappointing.

Television placed on bureau close to side of bed so viewing was uncomfortable. Odor in room,of sweat covered up by deodorizing spray. One receptionist responsive but another stepped in and was lying about room availability, rates, and was condescending and rude. Will never stay again.

The front desk was amazing!

The pool was out of order

The front desk was amazing! Very personable and helpful. Our school goes to Met Life Stadium every year for competition and this will be my hotel of choice for thr next 4 years.

They didn’t like it at all! I paid for their stay which ended up free.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

That my daughter and husband was sent to the Quality Inn which is crap compared to the Courtyard...even though the stay was free at the other place, not happy that they and a 2 month old had to switch. WHEN I BOOK A MARRIOTT I WANT TO STAY AT A MARRIOTT!

Great location, but not so great hotel

The room was very cramped, and the walls were very thin. I can hear everything happening in the rooms next to us and people in the hallways. The bed was uncomfortable and the heating/cooling unit in the room was not very good. It was either too hot or too cold - the temperature and fan controls were not working. The restaurant was not opened for any service on Sunday until late. The parking was a bit difficult to navigate. Parking was not clearly identified.

The location was very convenient.

Thanks for having a Marriott there, I'm a rewards member and also like that there weren't too many f

Honestly I can't think of anything. What also enjoy benefiting from the washer and dryer thanks!

The staff was profesional, courteous and friendly. Once we became familiar with the area, it was easy access to our family visit

It was clean and location great

Parking was hard to figure out and over pass was closed. They didn’t tell us that until it was too late. Better signage important

The price and the clean simple decorations

It was too short! We really enjoyed ourselves.

The toilet in our room had a leak. I had left something home and there wasn't a convenience store nearby.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The food and staff at The Bistro were fabulous. The location was very close to the attraction my husband and I were attending. The elevators were all clean and in working order. The bathroom products were Awesome!

Close to where we were going

Ice machines didn't work. Bar closed at 9:50. It was bad enough they close at 10 on a Saturday. No towels at the pool. Water machine didn't work in the gym. They don't tell you the walk thru was closed.

Close to where we were going

I love staying at Marriott properties I have never had a bad stay ever.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

For me it was perfect. Some people probably would have liked longer hours at the restaurant/bar.

The room was clean and very large. The restaurant/bar area was also clean and comfortable and a great place to meet with business associates. The parking was accessible and easy and well lit. It was also easy to get Uber or to drive any where.

Good location, don't pay extra for breakfast included
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

The staff at the breakfast restaurant was very rude and the front desk was not aware as well. Bookings reservation confirmed to me that breakfast was included. I paid a higher nightly rate to purpously have breakfast included. The first day was no problem they let us order as we wish. The next day we get there and the girl says "no you don't have breakfast" I replied with yes we do I paid more in my rate. She called the front desk and they said yes only one breakfast is included. So we literally had to take just one for both of us as she said they day before she did us a "favour" by allowing us to eat. I called booking and they very well confirmed I paid for two. They called the hotel and she apologized and fixed the error as it had to do with coding on their systems and bookings system (not my problem). So the next morning when we went down the girl at the cash had the nerve to say "well I see you have breakfast now but yesterday you didnt, you were confused with what you were allowed to get" this to me is extremely unprofessional and rude. I travel extremely often. Wether it be for leisure and work, I have stayed in many hotels ranging from 5-2*. The way I was treated and made to feel dumb I did not like at all. The night associated Catherine was a gem. She had great customer service skills and thank goodness for her. Personally for what it's with don't even bother having your breakfast included for an extra 30$ a day it's not worth it.

The hotel itself has a great location. It's close to downtown nyc and a bus will get you there and back for very cheap. Free parking, and at night it's quite unlike staying in the city. I stayed here mostly for the free parking as I wasn't up for 75$ a day in manhattan. Other than that, the hotel is clean, was recently renovated. Looks like other Marriotts.

the room service was very bad not cleaned no coffee or cups no tv remote every day I had to go to the front desk to get something that was not in the room

For a one night stay we wre treated exceptionally well. All the comforts that we needed.

! out of 23 - stays they gave away my king bed for 2 beds in room. But actually the king bed rooms are considerably smaller than the 2 bedded rooms.

Breakfast is as good as any other full service resort hotel, plenty of coffee, the meals are made to order, French toast is very good.

Is a good hotel to sleep is very quite.

Is kind of expensive. There isn't a lot to do around rate should be considered by what they have a round. Is my opinion.

I wasn't exploring I just need it a room to stay over but it was good and quite.

Cha-Ching, they are making money
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Handicap bathroom/room was given to us after the hotel made a mistake and asked if they could put us in a different room the last two nights of our stay. They did give us a night free for this inconvenience. Hotel does not have free breakfast and there is a steep charge for EVERYTHING!!!

Room very clean and comfortable.

So close to perfect

Towel was stained -- looked like black grease off a cart wheel maybe ... Oddly Replacement same issue

Bed very comfortable!!! Room was quiet --- third floor

Front Desk / Host was very sharp, friendly and attentive.

Need to clean the head board and other surfaces in the room. The remote control has NEVER been cleaned. Gross. TV equipment is old and out dated. Bathroom is outdated, needs a full remodel. Stains dripping from the bathroom ceiling. A solid 3 star hotel, not quite a 4...

Front Desk / Host was very sharp, friendly and attentive. Smart and knows her job! Kind, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

We will book our rooms at another Hotel in the future!

TV selection was very poor! Towels felt like sandpaper! I wasn't aware that you have to request to have your room cleaned, bed made and trash emptied. We spent the day in New York and when we returned at 3:00 PM we were exhausted and just wanted to collapse, however the room hadn't been touched. I went to the front desk and requested our room be cleaned so they sent someone up then and we had to wait another 20 minutes to relax! I was offended that the excuse for no longer providing a clean neat room was to be more green! instead of the true reason cheap! I believe in conserving, however I reject political correctness and the liberal way of life!

The bed was comfortable

Good location and value!

Housekeeping a no show, front desk very responsive upon reporting w towel and shampoo req

King bed excellent, professional bartender/server on night 2, front desk top notch.

Giants/Dallas Game

The website and all hotel signs/brochures indicate there was a bistro serving breakfast Monday thru Friday. Not so. Had to leave property to get breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable and the room clean. The front desk staff was outstanding! Very friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

I love the little gospel msg in the bed is very welcoming...

Some of the staff could improve, some people on the front desk are very rude.

I love the little gospel msg in the bed is very welcoming after travel and work.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Only issue we had was the bartender/ person making food...

Only issue we had was the bartender/ person making food was not friendly at all. Everyone else was very nice and friendly. The pool want clean so decided not to use it. Hair and junk were floated all over in it

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Visiting for the New York Giants game

The room was not fully clean, there was someone stocks left near the bed side. The ice bucket was dirty and had a smell to it..

The staff was very welcoming and polite..

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Not the best place to stay

Long walk from parking to lobby TV was at 90 degrees from the bed Breakfast not included and poor selection/quality Location was not ideal

Room was clean and comfortable Staff was very helpful

Superb location and great price.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Such a convenient place to stay for NYC with a great bus service from the front door. Absolutely brilliant desk staff and excellent shuttle driver to local restaurants and rail station. Some good local restaurants and cheaper than in NYC. The hotel menu is also resonably priced and passable if you want to eat in (much cheaper than NYC)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Booking.com error but hotel accommodated!

I booked two rooms through booking.com with the hotel. Upon arrival, the hotel only had one room reserved even though my email from booking.com said that there were two rooms reserved as I had requested.

The staff was able to accommodate us despite the error in communications with booking.com and the hotel.

Slept like a baby on that comfortable mattress.

That I want able to stay longer

Slept like a baby on that comfortable mattress.

Short sweet and confterabke

Everything was great

You will love it

Amazing !

Nothing, I had a great experience .

I loved the bed . I didn't want to get up and get ready for check out .

Nice place close to the city and Newark airport

Nice place close to NYC

The bed was great soft pillows

The bed was great soft pillows

What highly recommend best stay in the hotel I had in a very long time

Super nice and very helpful loved it

The two front desk girls were the best staff ever Super nice and very helpful loved it

The pool and the bed

The pool and the bed

Well worth it

Clean and Modern. On 40ish dollars to Uber into the city!!!

Comfortably

The room location food and concession weren't to my liking.

The staff and maintenance was very good.

Very nice customer service.

Very nice customer service.

looking forward to staying again.

No continental breakfast which was disappointing

Harolds was right across the street for a good ole pastrami sandwich.

Close to everything you want in northern NJ.

The breakfast sandwiches were pretty flavorless.

Great, attentive staff.

The room was nice

Should have a free breakfast courtesy

The room was nice

Would definitely return

Extremely comfortable mattress and linens; clean

Very enjoyable....

Clean hotel, Nice pool,very frìendly stars....

Just about everything

NA

Just about everything

to expense

Ice machine didn't work

The room

I would've liked long chairs in the pool room

The room

Really sucked. Will probably not be staying at marriot property again

Booked a king bed and got a queen. No offer to change rooms or compensation. Feel ripped off

The staff attention and welcoming attitude

The limited TV channels.

The staff attention and welcoming attitude

Best 5 days

Convenience to stores, sights, highways and everything I needed.

Short but sweet

No balcony

The design of the room

I'd return. Short ride to NYC.

I didn't expect to have a Starbucks and have to pay for my morning coffee, especially those prices.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Still need help from booking.com

Taxi scam rides out front Booking.com not following up with me on refunds and adjustments promised

Good staff

Staff were well trained and helpful.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

No negative comments for this visit.

The front desk staff was very helpful and professional. They were very polite and eager to assist my needs.

Perfect Place!

Everything was as expected, thank you for our accommodation!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

I could have used a full view mirror outside the bathroom.

I could have used a full view mirror outside the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I can say I will stay there again everything was great...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

I love the service when I enter to get my room and the room was nice &clean the bed was very comfortable I can say everything was great💯

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The heating lamp underneath the entrance.

My view

The heating lamp underneath the entrance.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Location, location, location!

Location, location, location!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Disappointing not worth the money

Room cold / heating unit very noisy Disappointing stay

Location / staff

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

somewhat noisy heater/ A/C window unit.

somewhat noisy heater/ A/C window unit...kept cycling on and off all night

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Had the best birthday!
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Right next to Medieval Times & across from Harolds Famous Deli!

Wonderful Stay

The service was amazing! The front desk was absolutely unbelievable. They go above and beyond and are willing to help in any way that they can.

Short trip in NJ
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Friendly and professional staff. The room is clean and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Bed very comfortable, very clean and quiet.

They should have a shuttle for train station, etc.

Bed very comfortable, very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

No place to sit outside.

No place to sit outside.Put some benches to the left of the front door.

Excellent Stay 👍🤗

No complaints!Excellent

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Great! Would definitely stay again.

Very nice and welcoming staff! Exceptionally clean room🙂

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

great bed, and early and late hours for pool

shuttle to train station didn't run on weekends

great bed, and early and late hours for pool

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

We love our stay! Very enjoyable!

N/a

Everything! Comfortable beds and excellent customer service !

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

A very nice place to stay
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Are view wasn't so great.

Very nice grounds.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Great family friendly place
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Loved that the pool and Gym was open till 11pm.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The large king sized bed was very comfortable

The included toiletries were very small and were not enough for two people. No toothpaste.

The large king sized bed was very comfortable