Reviews of Real Value Inn 1 stars

4.3

5.7

4.7

5.1

It was terrible.. At least make sure you help the customers that are not regulars
    • King Room - Smoking

The halls were full of furniture because of renovations. My room didn't have any light ask for one for about 2 hours still didn't get one... I left got a better room where I didn't have to worry about people fighting and arguing during night.

I do not recommend!! Find somewhere safer!

The blood stains on the mattress, the discolored TV, our booking was messed up, oh and maybe the shooting 3 doors down where I was woke up at 6 30 due to shots fired!! It's a bad area!

The price and the staff were very friendly

DI NOT STAY HERE..... BEWARE

Everything, the bed was caved in, the table was broken, the lights did not work, the faucet had no handles on it to turn it on, and the elevator was broken. This place should be condemned.

You should take out this hotel from your list.
    • King Room - Smoking

They did not accept my credit card, so I had to pay in cash. My room was too dirty, especially the bathroom. The fire alarm was beeping every minute because it needed a new battery. I could not regulate the temperature of the shower, so I could not wash my hair. The TV screen was not working good. I selected this hotel by price, but I did not check the reviews. I will not forget that in the future.

I just liked the price.

Horrific

well first of all i asked for a ground ground floor they gave me a room on the fourth floor and the elevators did not work the tv did not work and the wifi faded in and out it was a horrible stay and not even an hour somebody tried to come in my room

NOTHING

The hotel was just nasty all around the board. The room was not fit to stay in the sink was coming off sink the toilet was nasty as hell at the bottom broken toilet top lamps torn up the lamps didnt work room had odor wall was NASTY carpet was NASTY

NOTHING

Worst experience ever!!!

I didn’t like anything.

The elevator was not working. There was a lot of people smoking and lots of people cussing. We had to get our bed lines cleaned,but the took 1 hour to clean it. This was the worst experience I ever had in my life.

A place from hell....

I have never stayed at any place like that in my life. The rooms where nasty with bed bugs,roaches,and ant. It's had an awful smell to it. The owner was let drug use shot up in the front lobby. It was under age girls selling there body it was just sad .

Nothing at all it was bed bugs there. I would never ever use booking.com again. It was hoe house.

Terrible.

The bathroom ceilings were falling off, the shower tub was plugged and the water would not drain - the shower curtain was holding onto dear life. There were stains all over the carpet and bed sheets. Due to surrounding parties, partiers were loitering and arguing the parking lot - they even threatened to kill each other with guns and woke up the entire back side of the building with their screams. This was a terrible experience. Never again.

The King bed mattress was a cloud.

Pissed and tired

No working elevators, walking up 4 flights of stairs. Took hours for house keeping to bring remote to tv after we checked in. It was leaking water there were buckets everywhere. It was a nightmare and they charge way to much money for having to kill ourselves to get to room with one towel no remote to tv and sticky stuff all over the floors!!! 🤮

Ridiculous
    • King Room - Smoking

It was Dirty They Falsely Advertised They Hotel On Line The Elevator Didn't Work They Lied About Them Having Microwaves in The Rooms And No Remotes To The Tv And They Had Roaches 😡😡

You Could Put The Beds Together.

Cigarette buts, beer cans and panties in the parking lot. Elivator broke, stairs no light with a blanket, clothes and trash on stair well. We went no further, lost $45 no refund once checked in. Who cares we live to travel again. Supper 8 provided us a safe hanen for reasonable price.

Nothing. Worst experience ever!

GROSS
    • King Room - Smoking

I was appalled by it all. They do not pay their employees and they do not offer room service. They have no ice machine or ice buckets, they can not find towels to give you. They offer nothing, not even hot water all the time. NOTHING!

Not one thing except it was a bed.

It was the worst hotel experience Ive ever had!
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything.. This place is a total dump!

I liked nothing! Someone tried to break into my room & was shooting a gun next door. A pipe burst & flooded the hallway in front of my room! All the hotel wanted to do was give me $10 off! I will never stay here again nor reccomend it.

Nothing at all for the price we paid o wanted a clean room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Trash was everywhere...comdom wrappers were under the comforter. One of the beds didn't even have a flat sheet on the bed. The tv only showed 2 channels. If the rate for the stay was $10 I wouldn't complain.

Nothing at all for the price we paid o wanted a clean room. Nothing was wiped down or vacuumed. The bathroom looked as if it was never cleaned ashes were in the toilet paper holder.

I couldn't wait to leave the next morning.
    • King Room - Smoking

When I arrived, the first thing I noticed was the smell of marijuana. The elevator was temperamental. I was on the 4th floor, and walking up and down for flights of stairs was hard since I had a stroke previously. The staff was nice, but that place was so bad I couldn't even get food delivered there. I could tell by looking at the door to my room had previously been broken into. Myself and my daughter did not sleep well. As soon as my taxi arrived we left as quickly as we could.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place was filthy, run down, like something out of a horror movie, nothing in the vending machines, neighbors were loud and obnoxious, light fixtures were terrible in the bathroom, TV was terrible and had a terrible picture, outlet by bed was exposed, the hallways and elevator were extremely hot. Too many people were loitering, and it looked like most of the people that were not working there were living there.

Unexceptable
    • King Room - Smoking

Well for starters we got a room that had an old tv in it the floor was wet from the air conditioner the bed was lumpy and missing sheets there were bed bugs and then me and my husband went around to smoke outside and take the dog out and we noticed that other rooms had nicer things in flat screen TVs so when we were back in I asked about it well my husband has to that it they wouldn't speak with him because it was in my name was very rude with him then I came up there and I've let them know and he says there's no problem with the room and I don't even move you so I got loud a little bit but this is ridiculous and should ever be on booking.com they are a disgrace they are falling apart the second and third floor on the back of the building is disgusting it don't have Windows there's drugs and everything going on their bed bugs are everywhere why is drug trafficking prostitution is no place for no one and I want some refunds or some kind of compensation for this because my child is not even traumatized I didn't think it would be that back talking about new Renovations but it is horrible and needs to be shut down!!!!!!! Oh and not just like the fact on the third floor there was a shooting and the dude who in the lobby who I thought it was a person renting the room went upstairs and grabbed the guns from them and picked up all the shell casings came down calmly and call the police that is not normal that is not business that don't need me on the internet somebody booking.com and real value Inn needs to call me asap the only reason I stayed cuz I was tired

The staff was nice even the local STAFF/bouncers

Don't stay here!!!

It was nasty. Drug baggies In room. Bed dirty. Just down right nasty. Floor dirty I have never seen a motel so nasty in my life Roaches run the place

The staff person was very nice.Thats all I liked.

The staff seemed nice

The wifi didn't work, the tv didn't work, the shower was too hot to even stand in, other than the actual rooms the facility was really gross

The staff seemed nice

AWFUL

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

NOTHING YOU ALL WILL BE HEARING FROM SOMEONE SOON BECAUSE THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AND WAS NOT WORTH 58.00 AT ALL FOR 1 NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kept me off the street but dont look for comfort

toilet stool lid was broke off. towels were real cheap, bed almost touched the floor as I sat on side of bed, refrigerator shelves were rusty, no closet or hanging rods to put hanging clothes on no dressers with drawers, no lighting in the room except a small dull lamp so could no do much in room at night, light in bathroom was dull until hit a few time but it would go back to being dull. not enough plugs, lots of dust behind TV stand. water leaked on floor from fridge. Staff promised to bring things but never showed up. Only 1 cart in entire building for loading luggage and not found when time to go had to carry from 4th floor. Loud rowdy guest in halls all hours of the night and morning as it was an extended staff facility. public bathroom on first floor was without light and dirty toilet paper rolls were inside the toilets wet and this was from the night before but this is now 1pm the next day and still not cleaned.

Shower was very hot and remained hot even with extensive use. For the way it looked an lack of cleanliness there was no pest (bugs). It was a central location to most places I need to get to in Memphis near to interstates.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Worst hotel ever
    • King Room - Smoking

I have served in the British Army worldwide, I have stayed in clean bombed out buildings than this hotel offers, it is with out a shadow of a doubt the worst building I have ever stayed in, it was dirty, it stank, it is in a really bad area, it lends itself to being a halfway house/brothel, how it has not been shut down yet by health and safety is beyond me.

The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the staff on the front desk, very polite and helpful. I feel for them.

Horrible place to stay

I didn't like anything This was the nastiest place I have ever stayed the sheets were dirty the bathroom was dirty the tv didnt work we booked on line and checked in at 7pm to still have to wait on the room to be half cleaned then we were taken to multiple rooms and basically forced to choose vs a simple refund

Nothing Staff never cleaned rooms and also had me scared for...
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything nasty roaches doors don't lock brokein Windows taped up not safe no ice machine Didn't work coke machine took my money brought me towels was broken ,no cold water fire alarms

Nothing Staff never cleaned rooms and also had me scared for my two girls roachs every where

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Hotel need to be shut down. Hotel on website was false advertisement
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Nothing. Hotel looked condemned. Health violations, drug trafficking. Half naked women possible prostitution. Police came and shut down the club that was attached to hotel. We didn't get any sleep.

Owners should be embarrassed

This was the worst experience ever with any hotel I have ever visited. The hotel smelled atrocious, was filthy and in a total state of disrepair. Beds old and dirty, Air conditioning unit falling out of wall opening exposure to outside. Window askew in the frame with a significant gap exposing room to the outside. When transferred to another room, it wasn't much better. Will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. It should be reported as mostly uninhabitable.

Do Not Enter
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Poorly maintained. Night crawlers to say the least. Avoid.

Avoid. Just go on and pay an extra $50 for another place. This is also used as a low income housing facility. I didn't come across any rude people but this is not for travelers. AT ALL. Great shower. Yes, I used it.

DON'T stay here if you have a choice, its really old and NOT in a good way!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The whole facility was old and run down. There were scuff marks, scratches, & gouges on the doors and it looked like nothing had ever been replaced. There were no trash cans in the room, and the refrigerator had a loud hum that woke me up several times that night. The bathroom sink has scratched and stains like a nightmare took place there, and the towels in the bathroom were old and scratchy. Only one elevator in the whole place worked and it was rickety.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King Room - Smoking

The electric man being in my room almost all night trying to get the power to work my microwave not working dirty sheets some house keepers walking around in pajamas (unprofessional)

THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They had an excessive amount of garbage on the the floor of the room under the beds, a big home refrigerator that was very loud as it runs instead of a small quiet one. Roaches in the halls and rooms, dead roaches in the bathroom and hallway. Mice in the room and halls

n/a

Avoid this place if you want a good sleep
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pimps n Jo's yelling drunks at2am. The noise from bar or whatever on first floor was at times excessive & made it impossible to get good sleep. Avoid this joint unless u looking for u main man. The bathtub drain did not close off, the old TV only made static. The lobby hallway floor needs professional cleanings. The loud cars & crotch rockets were racing up and down road until 3am or 4am. this area of town is clearly a police no go area, otherwise the noisy street racers would have been hauled off, with vehicles impounded & given tickets for noise, speed, & reckless driving

All this for sake of being close to airport... We stayed at a half star rathole between 2 titty bars. Going off lift on our floor we are greeted by sight of a pimp w/his misses checking in with his client in room across from elevator Our room's neighbor several times awakened us by this drunk dude yelling about his service, fortunately no shots fired. We escaped hotel at 6am without shots fired. Many times during night were such shouting from next door that we expected shots to be fired. The room's CRT TV did not work properly as only get snow. The bathtubs' drain did not close, so it served as only over sized shower. Avoid this joint unless u looking for u main man.

Horrible!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

This hotel had roaches, no tv, the fire alarm was disconnected in my room. I was told I would get some type of refund because I had no tv during my stay. There was no ice. I had to pay for plastic utensils and I stay in hotels all the time, this is #1 in the book of worst hotels I have ever stayed in!!! Would not recommend it nor would I ever stay there again!!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Aweful
    • King Room - Smoking

Security burst in our room unannounced, harassed by guest because of the room we were in. So the front desk lady moved us to another room. That's when the security came in our room without knocking. This place is very scary and unsafe. Floors are nasty, roaches, dirty towels left in room, and sheets aren't clean at all

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Dont go there.
    • King Room - Smoking

Everything.The room was fifthy. The tub was nasty. Remote didnt work. Guys look like drug dealers in the place. Girl at desk well no tact or peofessionalism. Just disgusting place.

Nothing. I thought I was in a shelter.This place is disgusting.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Dont waste your money
    • King Room - Smoking

There was no breakfast as mentioned in the aid. A fight was about to break out every 30mins all I heard throughout the night & day was banging on the walls and footsteps running around.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

"You get what you pay for".

The furnishings were out dated and the carpets were heavily soiled. The overall look of the lobby, hallway, and room were drab and unkempt. Also, the hotel seemed unsafe. The chain lock on my room door was detached and the dir to the adjoining room looked faulty.

The attendant was friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Beware!! This place sux!
    • King Room - Smoking

The entire room...lamps had to be plugged up just to work...the switch was broken. And one had no shade. Bed was ridiculous. Thats literally the only thing we needed and it was horrible!!

Nothing! Going home was the best part. The bed was on something that didnt even look like a bedframe! It litetally sunk to to floor and was u shaped! The sink had been broken and there was caulk smeared all over the vanity. Filthy to boot! I paid $56 so I did learn you get what u pay for!! Do not stay here!! Scarey part of town ...filthy...horrible beds!!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

CHEAP, DIRTY, AND SKETCHY
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It was super dirty, roaches in the fridge, water stains, leaking faucet. The area was sketchy and it smelled of mildew. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!

The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Worst experience ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The stained bedsheets, roaches, and all the drugs being sold in the lobby, not to mention the pot being smoked next door. The manager refused to give me a refund saying they offered me another room and that I used all of their stuff in the room. I will never stay in Memphis, TN again nor will I book with booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

The mess

• King Room - Smoking

This property really needs to be updated. It needs a make over!
    • King Room - Smoking

The overall stay at hotel.

This property was terrible.

I want a refund

The mirrors we're nasty.
    • King Room - Smoking

The mirrors we're nasty. The carpets needed to be cleaned. The elevators were out of order.

It is as filthy and unsafe.

It is as filthy and unsafe. It opened up to a bar that hosted prostitutes and drug users

i want be staying there again
    • King Room - Smoking

the whole experience was nothing i expected real value inn needs a up grade on everything

nothing everything was either broken or out of date

Hurry to stay here. It will be soon closed by the building department

elevators not working

good matress

You get what you pay for...

Dirty, elevator broken, loud

Nice manager, fridge in room

Affordable

They had to let me in my room every time I needed in

Reasonable pricing

Bad property close it down

Close it down

Bad property close it down

There was nothing to like

Dirty neighborhood strip club right next door kept us up all day long.

There was nothing to like

Stains on the ceiling.

Stains on the ceiling. Water doesn't run hot enough. Rowdy neighbors.

My gf said she well never go back there

The shower the smoke smell in every room throughout the hall way

They had a TV with cable

I WAS SCARED FOR MY LIFE!this place needs to be condemned HORRIBLE

Dirty no ice machine no security

Just all the climbing of the steps...i did see a BED BUG BUT NOT ON THE BED!!! IT WAS CRAWLING ON TH

The CLIMBING OF ALL THE STeps

Peace and Quiet

The food

The food

Was ok

Someone kicked our door and someone was outside our door I watched him through peep hole

Nice place will be back

There wasn't anything

It was great. I only paid $45 because I caught a deal but other than that, it was great. Didn’t eat.
    • King Room - Smoking

I didn’t like the smell but other than that, everything else was great.

Bed soft , and I had a good time.

Check.

Check. In at 335 and check out 340

Horrible

Nasty

Horrible

It was ok !!
    • King Room - Smoking

The house keeping crew were rude and getting clean towels and bathroom things were a problem!

No it was a calm not to busy for most of the stay.

great place to stay.... great value

great staff

I didn't like anything

The hotel is dirty, roaches everywhere, and the building is old and needs to be renovated or torn down.

I didn't like anything

It was very ghetto .Couldn't rest &t.v was broken ,beds was broke down ,trash under the beds a dump

No words could explain

Disappointed

Unkepted

The staff was pretty friendly

I wouldn't advise anyone to rent rooms there, unless you like that type of environment.
    • King Room - Smoking

There was drug dealers in and out of the building,there was prostitution going on,.you can smell marijuana throughout the building.

Quiet and staff was nice

First night check in elevator was not working

Quiet and staff was nice