Reviews of Marina Inn Des Moines / SeaTac 2 stars

22300 7 Avenue South, Des Moines, WA 98198, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Des Moines

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

The room was very large with refrigerator, microwave and...

I did not care for the breakfast - no real protein options. If they could have hard boiled eggs - that would be a great improvement.

The room was very large with refrigerator, microwave and small coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. Room was old but very clean. Parking was easy and well lit.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Terrific value for money. A bit out of the way, but that's most of the charm.

While I appreciated that breakfast is provided, it is not ok to have all the single-use plastics; plates, cutlery, cups. It wouldn't add much workload, and would certainly save money to have reusable, washable cups, dishes and silverware.

My room was spacious and comfortable. A bonus was that checkout time is a leisurely 11am. I took a walk in the morning and really enjoyed the marina, pier and park nearby. I hadn't expected much for such a modest price, but it was just lovely.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

No problems at all

Great alternative to an airport hotel for SeaTac, only a 15 minute drive from the airport & you are in a lovely little fishing community, great reataurants, a few small shops & a nice park & nature trail close to the hotel

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

It was ok, not sure if I'd return.

Room could have been cleaner, outside area as well. Maids were stingy with toiletries, only left on first night, They were also annoying about cleaning the room while we were still there.

Room was comfortable, nothing exceptional.

Would recommend as an alternative to staying in downtown Seattle. Loved the proximity to the water.

The comforter and pillows were really not great. Not cozy beds at all, sadly.

The staff was superior and the location is unexpectedly quaint. Easy access to airport and even downtown Seattle.

My wife and I like the small town marina feel of the...

My wife and I like the small town marina feel of the property. The staff was great people. Adam and Sam gave wonderful information about places around the area, places to eat, Also provided info on safe hiking trails. Again I say A GREAT STAFF!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room had a nice seating area that included a small...

The free breakfast left a lot to be desired. Waffles or bread and butter but no toaster. No bathroom countertop space. Toiletries had to be spread out on top of the toilet.

The room had a nice seating area that included a small fridge and a long countertop and small sink. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Clean & quiet place to stay at a reasonable price.

Only carbs for breakfast. Not great choices but there was coffee so it was OK.

Clean & quiet place to stay at a reasonable price. Near the waterfront - walked a couple blocks for a nice sunset view.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The staff was very friendly.

The rooms were old and outdated. The WiFi signal strength was poor.

The staff was very friendly. The location is good with easy access to SeaTac Airport.

Clean and peaceful

My mattress was a bit odd. I believe there was an additional topper which prompted me to almost jump on the bed, plus it was almost comical to see the sheets blow from the excess air when I sat down.

Very reasonable price, very quiet, easy access to the marina. We chose a time that turned out to be an unintended blessing: it was Waterland Festival weekend! Woohoo! Farmers market, car show, art show...wonderful! Thank you for being in your location and peace!

Excellent room, large and with a good bed.

I am not a big fan of breakfast in the US hotels/motels. Too many sweets. Nevertheless, not bad.

Excellent room, large and with a good bed. Bathroom also fine. Parking was sufficient even when I arrived after 9 p.m.

Good hotel. Only stayed for one night

Ease of check in and out. Location was great to the airport. Saved us a traffic nightmare by staying there the night before our early morning flight. Wife and I really enjoyed our stay.

Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was mediocre.

Bed was comfortable. Room was larger than expected - almost a suite, Room seemed recently renovated. Short walk to waterfront and short drive to airport were pluses.

The location was okay.

The bed sheets smelled of foul body odor the first night, and I had to ask to have them changed. The first night a car alarm went off a few feet from where I was sleeping, so I only got about 3 hours of sleep that night. There is no sound proofing. One of the receptionists kept pacing by my window speaking on a cell phone. It was easy to hear the whole lengthy conversation and quite annoying. The upstairs steps sounded like elephants tromping overhead. The exercise room was a small room with a cheap treadmill and and exercise bike -- that's it. If you stay at this property, the best bet is to stay upstairs and away from the parking lot. It is more of a motel than a hotel. You pay for the entire stay as soon as you arrive at the property. As long as you aren't expecting much, you won't be disappointed.

The location was okay. A woman who worked the desk intermittently was very kind and friendly.

We had a great sleep in this hotel. It was quiet

A better breakfast menu since there are no options around this facility for breakfast. My husband has problems with eating carbs for his diabetes and needed some eggs and meats to round out their menu.

The location to the puget sounds and park and walking trail is excellent!

Definitely staying there again

The seafood restaurant up the street was packed so I didn’t get a chance to eat there

Guadalupe,Was an awesome front desk person, the room smells so clean my carpets were so clean, restroom was very clean,

i would definitely stay there again. perfect comfort and location for visiting my family in the area

bed was firm but comfy. pillows, not so good. had to use two when normally I don't. breakfast choices were just what I was looking for and in a quiet out-of-the-way corner. quiet rooms away from traffic and I was surprised not to hear jet noise

Would not choose to stay there again.

The continental breakfast was sub-par. The cereal choice was particularly poor. The coffee was mediocre, and there was no half and half. No fruit or hard-boiled eggs. The lobby needs updates. Overall, the property is tired-looking.

The location near Puget Sound is very good. Anthony's seafood restaurant is nearby. The room itself was OK.

Request an upper floor!!!

Establishment needs to put families with children on the ground floor. When I'm trying to sleep at 10:30 PM and the occupants are running and jumping, I don't like to have to get up and call the office to complain!!!

Adequate for what we needed. Nothing fancy , affordable

Breakfast was lacking. Very little choices and just plain boring. Had to wait for coffee but had some in our room,walls above sink in bathroom were splattered abd stained, shower head was quick low for us 2 tall folks,:(

Centralized location for our needs, beds were comfortable a little on the softside.

Will definatly stay again. Very pleasent.

There was really nothing I did not like. Wonderful place.

I loved this place. It was very nicely maintained and clean. Great value and look forward to staying again.

Great stay for the money!

The bar of soap was so small and thin, barely lasted for two showers. Breakfast was very basic. Coffee could have been better in the lobby.

The bed was super comfy and the room was very spacious and super clean.

We will be back in the spring! :)

More breakfast food options would be appreciated. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay very much!

I was short for time, the concert we travelled to Seattle for was going to start 1.5 hrs after we checked into the hotel. The hotel’s manager on duty helped us figure out the best/fastest way to get to our destination. Her quick thinking and friendly service helped us get there just 5 min before the concert started! Whew! She’s amazing. Later that night, the night auditor picked us up from the light rail station near the hotel. It was kind of him to pick us up. Knowing the hotel shuttle was available to us, set my mind at ease. I didn’t have to think about how I was going to get back or if I was going to get lost. The service at the Marina Inn is great!

Good location for our purpose (visiting family in Des...

Skimpy breakfast. The light switch in the bathroom (which also turns on a very loud fan) is motion-sensitive and sometimes goes out while someone is in the bathroom.

Good location for our purpose (visiting family in Des Moines). close to local businesses. Good sound insulation, considering that the location is under a flight path to SeaTac.

Very pleasantly surprised. Loved it. Will come back.

Exercise room could be improved. There were no weight machines.

Clean and charming. Large rooms. Tucked away from noise. Quiet and restful and right by the marina.

This was fine for a "sleep only" stay near the airport. Close enough, clean enough, priced OK.

We chose this based on its name - "Marina Inn"... While there is indeed a marina close by, it is a secure facility. There is little for the tourist to do, at least in terms of the waterfront near the hotel. Rather than walking the waterfront area as planned, we drove past some security gates, and hit the road early.

Pretty close to the airport, which was important due to our late arrival and desire to get on the road early in the day. Breakfast was OK, but heavy on the processed/packaged starch, and very light on the protein.

The front desk attendent was very friendly.

The rooms were very dated. Needs updating and professional maintenance (painting, etc.). Hotel uses Seatac in their name but they are 17 minutes by car away from the Seatac.

The front desk attendent was very friendly. Bathrooms and kitchenette clean.

Location was perfect!

Weird lists of 'do not do this' in the room. I'm sure there was an issue that caused the restrictions but seemed very restrictive. "No Candles, heavy perfumes or air freshener"???

Location was perfect! Right by the water!

Close to the airport.

Not really " by the sea" but one block further. Continental breakfast was poor.

Close to the airport. Good location. Several good restaurants within walking distance.

Actually worked well for the amount of time we were there. But I would not recomand to friends or f

It really needs some updating very old-but it was clean. I just didn't want to spend much time in the room! The room was a good size-but the sofa in the room was old! The entire place needs updating.

The location is just a few blocks from the marina that we love--very easy to walk. It was very quiet at night.

Good quiet stay with quick and easy acces to the shore.

Some weird things going on at the parking lot. People hanging around and dropping others off, hauling liquor to an area behind the motel.

It took a while for the crib we reserverd online to get to the room, although I needed to carry the crib down the stairs myself. The mother of the owner did her best to help us get our son to sleep quickly. All the guests at breakfast seemed a little bit older and very well mannered.

Pretty good and enjoyable!

Breakfast was very limited but excellent coffee, the rooms a bit dated, some remodeling and new beds big improvement.

Location, marina and SeaTac min away, good friendly appearance. Pretty good!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Not bad but not great

Wireless was not working. Hotel is run down, which is pretty much OK by me, but the room was stinky.

Very close to park, beach, water, hiking trail, and Italian restaurant with wood-fired pizza.

Decent place to stay, great staff, large clean rooms. Quiet little town.

The breakfast needed some help. No protein anywhere that I could see. No hot tea.

Staff were very helpful, arranging shuttles to and from the Light Rail Station at no extra charge. Plus giving information about local attractions and things to do in Des Moines.

Adequate

Rooms could use some sprucing up (new spreads, update bathroom, etc.) as the rooms seem as if they haven't been redecorated in decades. Also, while I made a two night reservation that was confirmed, when I got there they only had a one-night on their books. They did, however, accommodate me the second night.

Breakfast the usual continental with fruit, juice, coffee, yogurt, and bread choices including fresh waffles. Seemed pretty clean and safe. A couple of restaurants within walking distance.

The bed was kind of lumpy (we could feel the springs) and...

The bed was kind of lumpy (we could feel the springs) and the artwork didn't make any sense (but offered plenty of conversation starters so I guess it was a bonus). No caffeinated coffee in the room, only decaf.

great getaway, even though we were 20 miles from home.

Increased features of bathrooms to better accommodate disabled. Room was fine, on first floor..But I had asked about getting a raised toilet seat, and I had trouble rising from toilet seat.

Clean, quiet

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

I love the location!

the "breakfast" leaves much to be desired. A banana would have been nice.

I love the location! Can walk to so many restaurants---Anthony's, Wally's (my fav) and a safe area for walking around, I much prefer this to the SeaTac strip and the price is GREAT!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Pleasant stay, reasonable price!

Refrigerator was on the floor not a table; had to get on my knees which I didn't like. TV had no "guide" on it so you didn't know what was on.

Very clean. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

We really enjoyed our short stay, 5 minute walk to the...

Breakfast was very average, but we didn't go there for the breakfast, we went for the excellent accommodation.

We really enjoyed our short stay, 5 minute walk to the marina, 5 minutes to delightful coffee shop (Auntie Irene's). very relaxing!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

nothing fancy but always

The towels really need to be upgraded it's like drying off with sandpaper and ice machine had dirt in it

Love the theme been coming here once a year since2013 and the value is great

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Enjoy the large clean rooms,and comfortable beds.

I have noticed the breakfast is getting skimpier each time we have gone there. Most recently - only cold cereal, Danish, and waffle maker that wasn't working correctly.

Enjoy the large clean rooms,and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

visit the Great NorthWest

I was missing a water cooker for tea, and a “real” cup with a “real” spoon – not just plastic stuff (but I guess that´s American style)

It´s my place in Seattle. The Location is central to the city, airport and freeways – still in walking distance to the waterfront park. Quiet, big rooms & good parking. And a very good coffee shop and sea food restaurant around the corner. The reception lady was very helpful when I lost my key and came back after midnight,-)

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Fabulous in Des Moines

TV reception was a little teensy off. I didn't care. I love ❤️ this place.

The furniture was older but elegant. I felt at home. The staff, All of them were wonderful. They made us feel so comfortable and they were so friendly. It will be our place to stay in Des Moines from now on. Great local restaurants. Nice little shops.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Good location Easy walk to the sea front

Good location Easy walk to the sea front

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Pleasant hotel. Location fit our needs. We will recommend it to others

Choices of continental breakfast

Location, size of the room, cleanliness, proximity to resraurents

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Reasonably priced and close to airport

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location. Nice property

Great location and very helpful staff

WOULD STAY AGAIN!

TIRED DECOR, BUT WELL MAINTAINED

SPACIOUS. LOCATION.

No transportation to and from the airport.

No transportation to and from the airport. No elevator.

Epic

Sauna broken

Loved the location after an event at the Des Moines yacht club

good place to stay

the staff is very nice and helpful

Needs more upgrading and better attention to detail

Not much for variety

Had waffles

Super value on Pugent Sound

I stay here every Summer; great location on the Sound, near some nice restaurants, convenient for SeaTac

good location for departing airport

did not spend enough time to have an opinion

good location for departing from airport

Parking, easy access to downtown of Des Moines, breakfest...

In front of the kitchen line we were glued to the floor - poorly cleaned floor.

Parking, easy access to downtown of Des Moines, breakfest with fruits.

Big clean room.

Big clean room. Comfortable bed. Nice area

Would use again

usual awful us fare

location...easy to find after long flight.

Size of the room was superb.

Ground floor room, had to keep curtains closed as looked straight into hotel car park, hence no privacy.

Size of the room was superb.

Not great

Poor value. tired hotel & room. Terrible breakfast.

Convenient location in Des Moines for harbour and for airport

Safe and comfortable.

Safe and comfortable.

The place vas very clean and spacious.

The place vas very clean and spacious. The staff were very friendly.

Location suited us, clean & comfortable

Wi fi intermittent,poor signal unless you were in the corridor.

Location suited us, clean & comfortable

I like to walk at the Des Moines marina and this hotel is in the perfect location for that.

Bathroom too small. I like watching Fox News and is not available.

The Inn is close to everything.

The hotel was clean and satisfactory for the price.

Room was dated, towels were small and thin.

The hotel was clean and satisfactory for the price.

Awesome!

Everything was perfect except the Smell first entering the room.

Smell first entering the room is not good.

Overall experience.

Overall experience.

very close proximity to my parents so did well for me.

1/2 time you have to ring bell for attendant

very good size room with a comfortable bed

The hotel is comfortable and safe.

The hotel is comfortable and safe. The rooms are big, the staff is friendly and the place is always clean.

good stay. Nothing fancy but clean and completely sufficient for my short stay.

breakfast was a bit sparse, but sufficient. they ran out of coffee.

the front desk guy was super friendly and helpful.

it was quiet

it was quiet

location for me.

location for me.

Comfortable.

Staff never filled in coffee bar in room.

Staff is helpful and the room is comfortable.

Little nice place on the border of big city

Location,pricing