Reviews of Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa, Curio Collection 4 stars

45000 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, CA 92210, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Indian Wells

The BEST place to stay in The Palm Springs area !

Had to go home.

👍Great staff, from front desk to pool attendants to housekeeping. Especially appreciated Manager Maria Vaca going above and beyond to help resolve our travel glitch! We’ll be back soon. JoeS.😎

Overall we had a great time and we will definitely go back.
    • Standard King Room

According to the hotel website, the rooms are in the process of being renovated. I was given a room that had yet to be remodeled so it was a little tired. The carpet needed to be replaced, the bed was hard and the fabric on the pull out couch was ripped and coming apart at the bottom. Other than that, the room was big and had a good layout so I'm sure once its remodeled, it will be nice. Also the website lists free coffee service in the lobby, but the only coffee service I saw I had to pay for.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The grounds are beautiful. The food at the hotel restaurant was excellent. Parking is great. You can drive your car to your building which makes loading and unloading very convenient. The pool area was nice, but because it was a busy holiday weekend, we had to go down at 8:00 am to get decent chairs, but that's to be expected.

Cute hotel. Spanish style, pretty basic faclities.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

old soap was left in our shower from previous guests.

This place was nicer than we expected. we got a cabana by the pool one day with a large group of friends. That was a great deal and came with a lot of extras. The lobby is nice and restaurants look nice.

Have to ask about amenities and pricing.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

The curtains and sofa in the room were grimy.

Experienced trouble getting the room I requested so we were sent to another room and then moved to the suite.

Nice grounds and very comfortable bed.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Food service is lacking. NO food ANYWHERE in the hotel after 10! Not even in the bar? No vending machines? Bizarre.

Nice grounds and very comfortable bed.

A great stay at Indian Wells that perfectly suited our tennis vacation

The bathroom wasn't great, a separate shower would have been great, the tub one was crappy

Liked the fact t5ha it is a small property, personal assistance and the shuttle service to the Indian Wells Tennis Garden

Once I was there the stay was beautiful
    • Standard King Room

It was extremely difficult to make my reservation. My cousin had reserved a block of rooms for his wedding but one particular staff member was extremely rude and adamant that no rooms were available. I could not get through to the manager to remedy the situation so I ended up reserving my room on Booking.com

The food was amazing and the gym was awesome.

Friendly staff,nice pools

Beds not comfortable, have more comfort in holiday inn express that isn't 800 for two nights! Crappy spas. 6 dollar coffee not worth it either

Friendly staff,nice pools

Good location.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Place is a bit worn and could use some updating. Expensive (like all the desert area) for what you get.

Good location. Nice grounds. Friendly and welcoming employees

Went with my wife for a business trip, first time in Palm Springs, very glad I did it.
    • King Room - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

Well, when the reno is done it'll be pretty perfect. But for the non-peak rates (re. super hot summer days), I have no complaints.

Great location, friendly staff, comfortable and quiet -- all in spite of an active renovation!

If you're going to sweat in the desert sunshine, this is a fine place to do it.
    • Standard King Room

Nothing that shouldn't be fixed once the reno is done.

Let's face it -- the place was still in the midst of a renovation, and it showed. Restaurant wasn't open, planters were stacked about in bubble wrap, lights hanging from the ceiling, etc. But here's the thing. Everybody employed there did their level best to accommodate hundreds of people at the conference, and the end result was great. I especially want to single out the waitstaff at the bar -- a bar that was not technically even ready to function yet -- who kept everybody fed and watered (etc.) at every hour of the day. I would definitely recommend Miramonte to anyone staying on the swankier end of the Palm Springs area.

The building I was in smelled like urine.

The building I was in smelled like urine. I called the front desk twice and was told the manager would be notified. I was looking to be moved to a cleaner building. The wine list is very bad and I became ill after eating a Caesar salad. I was really disappointed. I had planned to try and stay longer than one night but felt the only choice was to leave.

Nightmare!

See above

Horrible experience......arrived at 1pm and was told we could not go to room as there would be a $50 early checkin fee. This is the slowest season of the year in Palm Desert and would not allow us in room an hour early. We had to leave the property to eat as the Hotel was under renovations,.....they suggested to eat outside att he pool area in 112 weather. we were inconvieneced with having to leave to eat. When we finally received room key (upgraded room) the room was old, dingy, dark.....depressing and nothing like their photos. Their website photo shows beautiful bright newer rooms. Lights did not work and outside patio was absolutely dirty and enclosed with floor to ceiling stucco walls. It was a complete disaster from the beginning. I would never recommend this hotel. Patio surrounded by 4 high dirty walls. Ended up staying at the Marriott Rennisance across the street.

Clean sheets please!

The sheets were not changed to fresh clean ones, instead they were switched from one bed to another. I noticed because of the chip and candy stains that my son left on the sheets from one bed, after room service came to clean up all they did was switch the sheets from one bed to another. Gross.

Not what we expected
    • Standard King Room

The grounds need some TLC tiles are chipped, the room was dark and dated looking.

Unfortunately the photos of the rooms and property are nicer than what we expected so we checked out after the first night.

When we arrived the bathroom hadn't been cleaned.
    • King Room with Patio

When we arrived the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Also the pool staff had poor attitude and rarely came by for drink/food orders. When spending this much money on drinks and food everyday, service level should be high.

• Standard King Room

No information in rooms concerning location of amenities (location on ice machine, times for breakfasts t, happy hour, etc Too far from everything

Good food in bar. Staff friendly and helpful

The room was great, the hotel grounds are beautiful and...
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The bathroom needed a little 'tlc' but nothing major. The spa needs later hours; I spent most of my day at the tennis tournament and would love to have a late night steam or even a massage, but it closes at 5pm. Everything else was amazing:)

The room was great, the hotel grounds are beautiful and smells amazing. The food and staff are excellent and it is just down the street from the tennis center!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Even though we turned off the AC the intake fan was still...
    • Standard King Room

Did not appreciate the subsequent charges added to the room charges: tourism fee $30, parking fee...etc. all additional charges amounted to $50.

Even though we turned off the AC the intake fan was still noisy & no way of turning it off is my only biggest complaint. Sooooo annoying at night when trying to sleep.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Overpriced and terrible service.
    • Verona Room with a King Bed

Filthy and torn towels and sheets. They didn't put me in the suite I booked through booking.com, but rather a smaller and older room far in the back of the resort. Furniture was old and chipped. Awful smell in the dirty bath tub. Hidden fees and charges. Was AWFUL. Look on YELP. Many of the same reviews and most complaints are not even responded to. That's NOT what 400.00 plus per night should look like. If management can respond to this and make it right, then I'll reconsider staying again. However, seeing all the same complaints not answered or answered by very textbook responses makes me believe this Resort really doesn't care at all about the terrible service.

Overpriced and terrible service.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Nice and comfort room.
    • King Room with Patio

They charge me about $30 per day for club fees. Nobody told me about that and I didn't use the hotel facilities, I just used the room. I booked through Booking and the Club fee was not at the price

Nice and comfort room. Excellent location for the Indian Wells ATP tournament

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

the locations was good the property is very nice.
    • Luxury Room - 2 Queen Beds

Had a lot of problems with my reservation, no hand-towels no soap, the in-room coffeemaker didn't work, only one cup to make coffee and the air conditioner didn't work.

the locations was good the property is very nice. The shuttel to the tennis was very good

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

I liked the ambience, the proximity & shuttle to the...
    • King Room with Patio

I liked the ambience, the proximity & shuttle to the tennis garden. The staff was very courteous. I especially appreciated the use of the storage room after checkout but before departure. My only complaint is that my request for a room overlooking the pool was not honored even though it was made when I booked the room - months in advance of arrival.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Leave the city at home and enjoy some peaceful elegance.
    • King Room with Patio

I thought the menu was a little plain, although the cheeseburger wasn't bad.

The rooms were very spacious and well laid out. The grounds were incredibly spacious with swimming pools and outdoor activities such as ping pong and boules. You could walk around, pick huge lemons from the trees and avoid the pressures of everyday life as you lost yourself in the beauty of nature.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I was there for a night.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Hidden fees that didn't show up on the phone app. I thought it was going to be 179...it ended up costing over 230 bucks...

I was there for a night. I checked in and pretty much slept.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Nice property horrible staff

Service was horrible. No concierge to help with rainy day activities or local restaurant recommendations, phone troubles were not addressed...phone was just removed never to return.

The rooms were good and it appeared that the pool was nice but we were not able to use because of rain.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

beautiful pool, too little staff
    • Villa Suite

the hotel is understaffed and did not have a chance to fix our broken sink, one of our broken phones, to make up our pull-out bed, or to answer the phone when we were placing room service orders

the hotel is beautiful. first rate

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Stressful
    • Luxury Room - 2 Queen Beds

My reservation was lost somewhere between Booking.com and Miramonte Resort and Spa. Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were informed that they were fully booked and we will be relocated to the Renaissance "across the street" which failed as they never called the Renaissance who were fully booked too. By 8:00 PM, we have given up on all our plans for the evening and were looking only towards getting a room and having some quick dinner. My biggest disappointment was the behavior of Miramonte's reception manager, Vany Sudjana, who left her staff deal with the situation on their own.

Excellent experience at the restaurant - compliments to the chef(s)! Staff around the property was extremely nice and helpful.

Bed was not super comfortable

Bed was not super comfortable

Movies for the kids - but would be better on lawn.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio

Movies for the kids - but would be better on lawn.

Our stay was relaxing and fun.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I loved walking around the huge resort grounds of the hotel surrounded by beautiful plants.

It was clean, convenient, employees are friendly and helpful.
    • King Room with Patio

It was clean, convenient, employees are friendly and helpful.

Excellent service!

Our room was not ready. It was ready until after 6. There weren't any clean towels at the pool.

Excellent service!

Mold in the shower

Mold in the shower

We had to leave and found better and cheaper hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Patio

Old smelling carpet floor.very high price

Won’t stay again at that rate - way too high compared to other offerings for the quality
    • King Room with Patio

Poor value for the rate charged

The grounds were beautiful.

Room was surprisingly average.

The grounds were beautiful.

Expected more for the price but, all in all it was a nice and relaxing stay.
    • Standard King Room

bathroom space was too small

ac worked, bed was comfortable

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at this hotel.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Parking was close to each room.

Beautiful grounds, very relaxing trip!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Beautiful grounds, very relaxing trip!

Comfortable Bed and beautiful grounds!
    • King Room with Patio

Remodel not complete ...No restaurants, Spa closed, Nothing in walking distance for food or needs.

Comfortable Bed and beautiful grounds!

The room we were given in the beginning had not been...
    • Standard King Room

The room we were given in the beginning had not been detailed cleaned. However, the staff was vey accommodating by switching our room.

The property was under construction, which we didn't...

The property was under construction, which we didn't know prior our arrival. We were offered complementary breakfast for the inconvenience.

I
    • Standard King Room

No towels st pool No mix to make drinks

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

our son was getting married so we had to be at this resort
    • Estate Room with a King Bed

bad lighting around the pool, housekeeping wasn't the best.

our reservation was a mess.

Excellent weekend getaway
    • King Room with Patio

The pool gets a bit crowded for its size.

Very nice property with spacious rooms. The massage at the Spa was amazing.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Smelled like smoke in the room, and it was a non smoking...
    • Dolce Suite

Smelled like smoke in the room, and it was a non smoking room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Gorgeous resort
    • King Room with Patio

Nothing was wrong. Great stay. Loved it.

Staff were great, grounds gorgeous, delicious food!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great hotel

The first night we stayed in a different room and the fridge was left with old food in it

Staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Sooo comfortable

The safe in the room didn't work

I slept like a baby!!!!

The restaurant and pool were great too!

The restaurant and pool were great too!

Save your money
    • King Room with Patio

Check in was a hassel, tv network did not work. Room was close to each other we could hear people sneezing next door.

Pool was nice

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

relaxing, complete.
    • Dolce Suite

It was a great getaway, perfect place to go and come from.

Not what the internet portrays

Rooms

Landscape

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Pastries were tasty

Toilet paper was like sandpaper. Also, got only one bath towel per person on several days.

Pastries were tasty

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

would try a another place next time
    • Estate Room with a King Bed

have a shorter way to lobby

no but ok

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Suite was nice and large.
    • Dolce Suite

Pull out couch was uncomfortable and below par for this property.

Suite was nice and large.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Very comfortable room.
    • Estate Room with a King Bed

Very comfortable room. Grounds were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Vintage feel
    • Luxury Room - 2 Queen Beds

Dark & Dreary Room. Clean, but v dated.

Ambience of property , landscaping, personal patio

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

only slept at facility
    • Estate Room - 2 Queen Beds

Rooms were nice but could use remodeling/updating.

only slept at facility

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

adult pool needed cleaning
    • Estate Room - 2 Queen Beds

adult pool needed cleaning

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

The staff was friendly, spa service wonderful, pool was...

Our room stunk. It felt old, dingy and outdated. Very expensive ($529 a night) room for what we got. It was also very dark.

The staff was friendly, spa service wonderful, pool was relaxing. Facility was lovely.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

The location was great.

Finding my room. Don't look at building numbers, go by the "name", i.e. Portofino, Bella etc. The signage was horrible.

The location was great. The grounds and lobby were beautiful, but inside the room was a different story. It was like they remodeled but forgot a section. Price was too high for quality, but could have been the time of year I was there.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Grounds are beautiful, On site restaurant is really good...

We had to call housekeeping to clean our room. Employees walked by us without greeting us. Not enough servers for amount of people at the pool.

Grounds are beautiful, On site restaurant is really good & poolside cocktails were perfect. Great for couples & very relaxing!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Breakfast was delicious.

Nothing, it was all pretty awesome.... well, the bath tub in the room was too small for anything other than a shower but otherwise everything was V good.

Breakfast was delicious. Staff were fantastic. Bed was extremely comfortable. Pool was a nice place to relax.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The grounds were beautiful

Not enough chairs at the Pools, what is defined as "Luxury"Room is a standard room, the photo did not depict the actual whether it was booking.com or Miramonte not sure.

The grounds were beautiful

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The frig was nice to have.

The in room coffee is horrible. It seems like there should be more furniture in a room so big. The bath fixtures and grout are in need of replacement. The shower curtain was stained with mold.

The frig was nice to have. The room was very spacious. The gardens are beautiful

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

quiet quaint property.

adult pool was more of a dipping pool. bar service there was awful. weak drinks. beds are too soft. could use a facelift in bedrooms. don't bother with the restaurant. there is nothing spectacular about it.

quiet quaint property. property kept clean.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The grounds are beautiful, comfortable rooms, easy parking...

Slow front desk service and didn't seem to know what's going on. Very slow service at the restaurant service as well.

The grounds are beautiful, comfortable rooms, easy parking and overall a great value. Not all but most at the front desk are slow and don't really seem to know what they're doing, except for Terra--she's great! I will return!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2016

Loved the location, pools, gym - beautiful grounds and...

The housekeepers were a little slow and had to request bath robes twice and request amenity items which weren't in the room but we got everything in the end. The rooms were a little tired but comfortable and clean - great beds. We asked for a quiet main floor room way from traffic which they gave us. Sadly we had noisy toddlers and a very noisy dog right next door. I will never understand why people think it's ok to let their children scream at the top of their little lungs at 7 am. I wasn't sure whether to get a muzzle for the dog or the kids! This was not the fault of the hotel and we did not bother to complain as the hotel was full so there weren't a lot of choices for switching rooms.

Loved the location, pools, gym - beautiful grounds and friendly staff. We were there for Indian Wells Tennis Tournament and the hotel was very convenient for this.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

They accept pets.

Maid service was unacceptable. She needed to be trained better. Kept walking in without knocking and didn't restock properly. Caught me in my underwear once. I reserved a meeting room and they didn't have it ready, there was no water station set up, I had to find someone to unlock doors for us to get in, so meeting was started half hour late. Didn't get drinks until almost finished with meeting and the meeting room was filled with delivery boxes and not cleaned up. Could never get front desk to answer the phone so would half to walk up to lobby whenever I needed to ask questions or request something. Could never retrieve my messages from room phone. Never ordered room service was afraid it would get botched.

They accept pets. There was a private patio. Room large and spacious.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2016

The dinner food was good , but the bar service was bad.

The phone system is outdated. Our friends cannot ring through ( 3 times), cannot leave a message- lost out on a golf time, missed 2 wake up calls, complain to housekeeping - engineer cannot correct situation,message light does not come on, when you hit the message button- the Spa answers, There is only one phone by the table away from the bed - no phone by the bed night table, Heard other guests complaining about the phone system.

The dinner food was good , but the bar service was bad.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

the room was very spacious and the bed was very compfy.

the room was very spacious and the bed was very compfy. The view outside our patio was beautiful. We liked the size of the resort, very cozy and private.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Location close to El Paseo

Resort is a wonderful on the outside, however the rooms are in need of an upgrade. There was also issues with the billing, where I found several errors in my bill.

Location close to El Paseo

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

I liked that we could park close to room.

Openness lent itself to 2nd hand smoke, probably just sensitive because I'm PG

I liked that we could park close to room. It was really convenient and clean. Nice adult pool. Great location. Quiet.

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.