Reviews of Maison St. Charles 3 stars

1319 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#129 of 160 hotels in New Orleans

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

6.0
    Not a great stay for the money. Staff was friendly.
    • Double Queen Room

Breakfast in a bag..an orange,an apple, granola bar and vending machine muffin. Not a full breakfast as advertised. My granddaughter left her wireless headphones in the bed by mistake when we checked out. After 3 phone calls we were told they weren’t found. Does that mean they didn’t change the bed or that someone got new headphones? Had to fold towel under the door to seal up a gap. Pool was full of leaves and dirty.

Trolley easily accessible

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

The front desk and valet staff was very nice.
    • Double Queen Room

The room was ok. Beds were horribly uncomfortable. Bathroom door didn't close without having to be lifted and shifted to the left. Housekeeping showed up just as we we're heading out the door for the day, we asked her to give us just a few minutes before she came in. We left about five minutes later, waved goodbye to the housekeeping lady and told her it was all hers and thanked her in advance. We came back from being out the entire day at about 8:45 p.m. and our room was never touched.

The front desk and valet staff was very nice. Jody was extremely helpful upon check in.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

4 room moves = bad experience
    • Double Queen Room

We were on a 3.5 week roadtrip. We arrived and checked into our room. 2 hours later my boyfriend went to have a shower and the water was scolding hot. I walked to reception and told them. They called maintenance who arrived to the room. He said he would get his tools to fix the issue. We waited an hour and he did not return. I went to reception who said oh sorry he was meant to tell you to change rooms (strange - surely you would need room keys to do this!) They gave us another room and we moved 3 weeks worth of bags etc (lots loose ones as this was the last location on our trip) into a new room. Once in the room we found out the air conditioning did not work. We reported it to reception who were nice but I guess due to what they hear and see appeared totally unphased. We at this point (about 10pm) went out for dinner after wasting hours with this. When we came back we moved into the original room deciding we would rather have air con than the shower (it was 33 degrees) this was the 3RD time we now moved our things. In the morning we went to reception to get the new room key and moved our things for a 4th time into the final room. New Orleans was the only place we stayed 3 nights- for a reason- and we wasted the whole first evening messing around and still had to spend more time on this in the morning. We complained at the hotel face to face and sent an email and never heard back on either. The rooms are not very clean (you would not walk around in bare feet put it that way). The location isn't bad but honestly if your not in New Orleans long I recommend you stay closer to the main areas (Frenchmen street and French Quarter). We stayed in a mix of hotels, apartments and motels and this is basically a motel with a hotel price. We stayed our third night in Bourbon New Orleans hotel for the sake of an extra $30 is was so worth it.

Not much...

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

We were concerned about the cleanliness; it could have been much better.
    • Double Queen Room

However, we only stayed the one night and moved into another hotel the next day. There is no bell staff to assist with luggage, and it's quite a bit of work to maneuver luggage over the cobble stone courtyard for two senior citizen women. The place is not as clean as it could be. The couple of staff members that we did cross paths with were polite and respectful. However, I would not recommend it for a senior citizen couple.

I love the way the property is set up with the spacious courtyard. The bed was very comfortable and it's a nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Worth the stay !!
    • Double Queen Room

Some updates in the rooms and the staff on the front desk need to be address to busy talking between each other and not enough talking with the customer !!!

I really did like this place but it was dated you could tell. Our shower would hardly spray any water out, the ice machine look like it had better days. the location was GREAT we bought a day pass on the trolley and took us to different places all day get ready to walk we walked ALL Day got caught in the rain several times and the TROLLEYS do run as often in the rain !!! but the Breakfast and morning coffee was GREAT !!! for the money we would be back !!!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was very...
    • Double Queen Room

Prior To booking this hotel they asked did I need a early check in and said yes due to my flight getting in so early when we arrived they didn’t have any rooms available and told me check in would be at 3am I get there at 9am I then left to go site seeing went to the mall and came back by noon when we got back they had a room available got in the room the ac didn’t work walked in the bathroom and there was literally shit in the toilet we called the front desk they sent staff to clean it but the lady used no cleaning supplies they then moved our room and this room was half better but had mosquitoes and were biting us we were moved again the next day we went to the office going out and the receptionist Was very Racist Towards us after we only asked for a picture at that point I was just over the whole ordeal I will never ever stay at this hotel again the room had an awful smell the people next door to us was partying all night it was just horrible this was a birthday gift to my mom and this hotel Ruined The experience for us so we just made the best of the rest of our stay

The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful and nice and some of the staff were very helpful and good to us

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

On the whole it was an enjoyable stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had a leak in our air conditioning unit which was not repaired during our visit

Room was of good size. Breakfast was plentiful and service was good and friendly. Location was good

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

we moved after waiting 2 hours for them to clean a room
    • Double Queen Room

this is a great address, but the hotel has no rooms ...one block behind the fake front is 20 year old former motel pained grey, terrible

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

we would happily return to this place
    • Standard Queen Room

the room was a little disappointing, small, dated and smelt damp

super breakfast and excellent service from breakfast staff the warm swimming pool great location beautiful setting very friendly feel

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Wonderful!

Wonderful location - streetcar stop right across the street. Staff at check-in was incredibly friendly and helpful and the valet guys were so nice. They went out of our way to help us with luggage and getting the car situated and when there was an issue with the lock of one of our rooms, they took care of getting everything moved from one room to the other. Breakfast staff was friendly and engaging and just the nicest people. Could honestly have not asked for a better hotel staff experience. Rooms were clean and if we needed anything we had zero issue getting it.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Amazing first time!
    • Standard King Room

Almost no hot water in shower and the sink had no cold water(only hot) which made us chuckle at the irony. Bathroom fan didn’t work, and the door to bathroom didn’t shut all the way. If you need privacy that may be a problem. Didn’t bother us much as cleanliness meant more to us than anything and every thing was clean and comfy.

Check in was a breeze with Adam at the front desk and to my surprised he upgraded my boyfriend and I to a Junior Suite! That already exceeded my expectations. Beautiful, spacious room with a guest room and comfy king size bed, renovated bathroom, and tv with many channels (we almost didn’t want to leave the room!). This property is pretty huge although it seems small from the street. Breakfast staff was super sweet. Nolan was accommodating, friendly and provided fun conversation. Along with side partner Alvin, they were polite to everyone and helped the younger ones with making waffles. Any time I needed desk staff they were available and ready to help. We didn’t really need any maid service and weren’t bothered at all or had any problems with our belongings being touched. The restaurant connected to the property, Ed’s Oysters, was delicious and had nice wait staff. Location was phenomenal, 15 min walk to the Superdome and about 20-25 to Bourbon street. The trolly can get pretty crowded but there is a stop steps away from the hotel if you’re not a walker. I would definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Good location but lacking in upkeep.

We had issues with the other guests. A fraternity of 100+ came for the weekend. The hotel allowed them to party outside of rooms. Our air conditioning system left the carpet in the front area totally wet. We could not walk around in bare feet in our own room.

Valet parking was great. The complimentary breakfast area was clean and stocked. The waffles were great.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The property has charm.
    • Standard King Room

The room was clean but updating needed. Breakfast was ok. Staff was very helpful. They had run out of some things. The walls are thin. Could hear those next door. We were next pool area and some folks hung around the pool till after midnight. No problem with that perse but they were younger and loud and used foul language. Difficult to sleep.

The property has charm.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Breakfast staff was amazing.
    • Double Queen Room

Staff was lazy. Had to move rooms twice. Showers and TV not working. Never gave enough towels and took very long time to get towels everyday.

Breakfast staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Nice location away form the quarter.
    • Standard King Room

Our room was recently renovated but did not seem completely done. My recommendation would be to not open a room for a stay unless it is completely done.

The staff was awesome and always willing to help.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The room was not secured we had to change two times.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was not secured we had to change two times. The first one because it was very durty on the floor and the second time because the entrance door of our room was broken, like if someone tried to break it to steal our stuff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The hotel is right outside the green trolley stop which...
    • Double Queen Room

Our stairwell spelled like urine.

The hotel is right outside the green trolley stop which takes you to the French Quarter. Beds were comfortable. Hotel area is very quiet. Good breakfast!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Great staff!!
    • Standard Queen Room

The property is in dire need of upgrading. There was a sign stating that it was going to happen. They need to hurry. This could be a lovely property! It is tired and falling apart.

The staff was exceptional. I have never been anywhere that was so friendly and accommodating. They all should have a raise!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good location.

Privacy curtains needed

Good location. Convenient to trolley access. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast staff very attentive. TJ very helpful regarding transportation and entertainment locations. Oyster bar next door delicious food, also offered room service.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Just a really comfy and homey place!
    • Double Queen Room

There was really nothing I didn’t like. I do wish I were able to take a dip in the pool, but it was closed.

I stayed in this pleasant hotel for Labor Day weekend. When I entered the hotel it felt cozy. As I checked in thought it was your bf to be small until they gave me a map. This place is HUGE. The young lady that checked me in was so helpful and a pleasant soul. I got to enjoy the big breakfast. My room, OMG my room, exceeded my expectations. Comfortable beds, spacious area, gorgeous bath and luxurious rain shower ! My room over looked the beautiful fountain in the patio area. I saw the pool but it was closed at that time! It was really a GREAT place to relax and unwind after exploring the city!!

New Orleans charm

Loved everything !

The staff was very nice. The atmosphere was very New Orleans old home charm. The streetcar ran right in front of the motel.Everything was great...

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very Nice
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Maid service was not that great we had to ask for towels and toliet paper. They never restocked coffee in our room.

It was right across from the trolley line and a few cute restaurants. Staff was very nice and handled any problems quickley. Nice breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Mini Getaway
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Elevator broken and given a room on the third floor with no warning and actually told to use the elevator. Only one trash can in the room that means no trash can for the bathroom which isn’t sanitary for females.

Location and price

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Shout out to Alvin and his crew.
    • Double Queen Room

Lack of lounge chairs around the pool. Only 2 and wasn't enough. Our room was missing a few items but called the front desk staff was quick to answer.

Shout out to Alvin and his crew. He made us and as I could see, many others welcomed and comfortable each morning in the breakfast patio. He also was kind enough to give us swiming tips, New Orleans style! The pool was an excellent way to relax, cool off and meet others from around the globe. All staff members were welcoming and responded to questions and requests. We loved the location. It is away from the action but close enough to walk (we are walkers) but also a short street car ride which is located right in front of the hotel. We took took it to the French Quarter and walked back. You can take the street car the other way and see the beautiful homes and mansions. We got off and walked around then dinner on Magazine Street at Joey K's, excellent local place. We stumbled upon a cemetery as well. Would recommend and will come back. Thanks for the hospitality.

Maison is an exceptional place to stay!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bed was a little stiff, but not uncomfortable. The television took quite awhile to turn on and I couldn't figure out how to work the volume/power on/off on the remote, but it was a nice and very large television with a great selection of channels. Parking is expensive at $24/day, so we opted to park a couple blocks away under the overpass for about $8 a day and we used Uber and the rail car for transportation.

The breakfast (included free) was amazing, staff were making fresh waffles, eggs, ham, sandwiches on request, etc. It was exceptional! The room was beautiful and I loved the original details. The buildings and grounds were well maintained and beautiful, also; I loved the brick drive and the courtyard. The location was nice, and relatively calm, and St. Charles Tavern, just around the corner, was a wonderful local place to eat and drink (open 24 hours!) The rail car is right across the street from the hotel, so that was VERY convenient and easy to ride to Bourbon Street, etc. I also love how pet friendly this hotel is, and hope to return someday!

Convenient, beautiful, quiet, far enough from the crazy busy...
    • Double Queen Room

Convenient, beautiful, quiet, far enough from the crazy busy but close enough to walk to wonderful places or take the trolley. Parking onsite was wonderful.

Definitely a 3 star hotel, no higher
    • Double Queen Room

We asked for more towels 3+ times and they were never delivered. When housekeeping cleaned, taking our dirty towels, they were never replaced and neither was the soap and toiletries. While I would say this hotel meets the 3 star rating, there were basic needs that were not met. We didn’t have a tv remote and the shower was walk in with not enough coverage, so water went everywhere. The bathroom was very tight.

The staff working the breakfast were amazing and interactive and funny. So welcoming and you felt like they loved their jobs. Gave tips on how to eat certain things, chatted with you while you were serving yourself and were just overall a happy group! It was a quaint hotel with a pretty courtyard that had lots of character. Close to great restaurants and the streetcar to hop on and get deeper into the quarter. Front desk was nice during check in.

Great little nook!
    • Standard King Room

If I had to pick something the ACs were a little bit dusty.

The location! You're on St Charles AV, great spot to explore New Orleans. There's heaps of great dinners and restaurants around too. The cart stop is minutes away from the hotel.

Good value for the money
    • Standard King Room

Room wasn’t made up during one of our days there. Hot water was almost nonexistent. We’ve stayed here before and had a better experience the last time

Terrific location. Great valet staff

The room was amazing got a really early check-in, location...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was amazing got a really early check-in, location was ideal as the tram was literally right outside the hotel. Breakfast was amazing and the staff was so helpful . Would definately recommend staying here absolutely brilliant place!

Good location, walking distance to main attractions. Pleasant neighbourhood. Value for money.
    • Double Queen Room

The swimming pool was a size of a big bathtub. There was a big chunk of a paint peeling off the ceiling.

Good location, spacious room, comfortable beds. Breakfast was also decent. A/C was working well. Very good restaurants few steps away.

I loved everything about it !
    • Double Queen Room

I highly recommend that they have a more mature Valet Service Team .. the 2 young guys that we're there when we check out did not help us out at all & cursed US out for asking for help . The staff on the inside was AMAZING though.

I loved everything about it ! They gave us the Mardi Gras Suite because they we're all booked for the size room we needed . They really took care of us for the time being . I would recommend to ANYONE ANY DAY

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Staff is amazing everybody is really friendly.
    • Double Queen Room

Staff is amazing everybody is really friendly. The hotel is in the quiet place. Swimming pool is good, rooms are very clean! And I like the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The staff was friendly, helpful, and most accommodating.
    • Double Queen Room

The staff was friendly, helpful, and most accommodating. The breakfast was delicious!! The location was the best as the trolley stopped out front!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was ok.
    • Double Queen Room

I was told that I was being charged $15 a day for deposit amd that I would get the money back and never did. Also, without my consent they let a friend into my room when I was not there. They just took his word that he knew me. He never checked in with me. He was from New Orleans actually. They never called to confirm with me. He called and told me after they let him in. Not cool. I should have been partially refunded for that!!

The staff was friendly and the room was nice.

Good stay for the price and location. Courtyard is very nice. All staff were extremely nice.
    • Double Queen Room

No coffee pot in room, though there was coffee. Friend in another room said the same. Non smoking hotel, but our room must have previously been a smoking room. Carpets didn’t seem like thu have been cleaned anytime recently.

Location is great. Price is reasonable.

You won't be disappointed! Very nice hotel with a great location.
    • Double Queen Room

There was nothing to dislike!

Everything!! It was convenient to everything! Bed and room was comfortable and breakfast was very good. Park your car there at the hotel you had to pay of course but the cheapest in the whole town. Ride the trolley that passes in front of the hotel or walk. Definitely going back to stay again. It's like a small resort.

To be honest, not much.

same as above

To be honest, not much. The floor in my son's room next to his bed felt like it was giving way, it was very soft. The shower only had half a glass door, when taking a shower water went all over the floor...very dangerous, "note to self" tile floors can be very slippery when wet. It took the front desk about 15 minutes to find our rooms in their system. Plus I made about 6 phone calls on the 17th to both Maison St. Charles, and Booking.com to give my reservations straight. "VERY POOR" experience all the way around. Over charged me slightly as well.

Good value and great location!
    • Double Queen Room

Mostly cosmetic things to dislike, the property is apparently renovating so the room had a few cosmetic damages, but nothing too serious to make a complaint. The shower is a half shower, but I just put towels on the floor to catch any water, maybe they could make a small curtain for that? The only major complaint was the billing for parking; small hiccup with that.

I loved the courtyards, the breakfast was great, the staff were wonderful and helpful and the housekeeping came by everyday to clean, the double queen was awesome as it’s comfortable enough to share with my kids and the beds themselves were comfy, especially after a long day of sightseeing. I love that the rooms had safes, which made the trip affordable as I separated cash out for each day to spend (so I wouldn’t go overboard), and left it in the safe with my other valuables. I would stay again, especially at that price!

Good location for 2 night stay
    • Double Queen Room

I didn't like the fact you had to pay for parking the price was a bit excessive but at least it was safe. On arrival i thought it was quite a strange set up with all the rooms in a seperate area from the main building. It was gated but none of the gates were closed so anybody could get into the area. We were followed in one night by a drunk who approached us outside it was creepy! Walkways outside the rooms were also a bit dirty could've done with a good clean. Our friends room also had a soaking wet floor in the morning from the AC on telling reception they put in a portable AC to dry it up but they were never offered an alternative room.

Loved the location away from busy city centre. Was convenient for the tram that takes you into centre of city near enough right outside the door!

Great Place to stay.🤓
    • Double Queen Room

I didn't know that we had to pay extra for on site parking. Had I known I could have added to my budget. There ware 4 women staying and they only gave us 3 towels and we kept running out of toilet paper. Lol!

Everything. The room was nice, a few imperfections but the staff was great, the beds so comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding. The courtyard was very nice to sit in in the evenings and mornings.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The staff were wonderful, so friendly and helpful.
    • Double Queen Room

Repeated trouble with the key cards. Bath rug would have been nice as the shower only having one door meant the floor was getting wet. Showers were not very good at all.

The staff were wonderful, so friendly and helpful.

• Double Queen Room

The rooms need to be updated. We ran out of toilet paper, there were no extra rolls, there was no soap to wash your hands, one of our rooms didn't have a trash can, never got one after we asked. When we booked we were told our rooms would all be together and they were not. This could be a really nice to place to stay if they had good housekeeping staff and things were updated.

The pictures of the hotel that are on this site make it look...
    • Double Queen Room

The pictures of the hotel that are on this site make it look like a very nice place. The rooms themselves... make it look like it’s a 1 Star or less hotel. We also found a maggot in our room. The breakfast was ok. But that was mostly because of the waffle maker. The people were nice. The pool was broken and we were not told anything about it until we were leaving and we asked about it.

I loved the old vintage look.
    • Double Queen Room

Our room was very hot! Air worked off and on, and our bathrooms were semi cleaned!

I loved the old vintage look. It looks more like a bed and breakfast which was cute to me. I had a room with two separate entrances, just In case me and my friend decided to leave without one another.

The best front desk and breakfast crew we've ever encountered
    • Standard Queen Room

The maid service was terrible, our room stank because it was moped with a stinky mop and then the housekeeper had a foul attitude and interrupted our conversation with the houseman when we were complaining.

Adam and Tiara at the front desk are amazing and went above and beyond to satisfy our complaints, Adam is spectacular. Alvin and Nolan are the most awesome two guys, they are a two man crew, the best breakfast crew we've ever encountered, they made our stay bareable, the breakfast was great.

Worst experience EVER!!!
    • Double Queen Room

This was the worst hotel I've ever experienced in my life. The front desk African American lady with short hair was extremely rude and left the worst impression before even checking in. I went to front desk to check in and she wouldn't even look at me she just yells rudely check in isn't till 3 and says nothing else and doesn't acknowledge me at all. I'm disabled so I was confused and proceeded to say I requested an early check in and again without even looking at she she proceeds to yell at me again and says "That's just a request I do t have to honor it." I looked at my teenage daughter and said what does that mean and we were just standing there puzzled as she again refused to look at us and started doing something else acting like we didn't exist. We had drove 14hrs and were exhausted but had to go out of hotel for 3hrs until we could check in went to French Quarters then came back at 3:30 for ck in she was not at desk when we returned and someone else checked us in. We got to room opened door and about vomited over the nasty pet smell in room the room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Carpets dirty walls and door had dirt and finger prints all over them the dust in tv and room items was thick and gross shower was dirty the bed sheets were clean but the top cover at end of beds had food on them and were dirty. Bathroom again dirty the doors had dirt all over them. I quickly took the top decorator quilt off ends of beds since sheets were clean. We stayed only because of exhaustion and not knowing the area also they would have charged us anyways. Water pressure in bathroom was at a trickle we had to wear flip flops to shower it was so dirty and we slept on top of sheets for fear and beds were very uncomfortable. Loud partying all night. As soon as morning hit we checked out.

There was only one positive thing about this hotel the kind older gentleman that parked the car. Only nice person at this hotel. Don't waste your money coming here.

Hotel located next to alot of food places and street car.
    • Double Queen Room

My bed had a huge dip in the middle, that made me and my daughter roll into each other. Horrible.

Hotel located next to alot of food places and street car.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Bad experience
    • Double Queen Room

The room was not what i expected ceiling was falling down absolutely no water pressure in shower. We were next door to a group of people who stayed up all night being loud walls were so thin i actually thought we were sharing a room kept the kids awake. The desk clerk was rude . We asked about railcar which stops out front we didn't know anything about riding it he could have explained that we had to pay for it got on railcar then we were told we had to get off cuz we didn't have correct change 6 of us riding . During all th commotion I lost my wallet. People were all rude and the whole area was nasty dirty ! Pics online was was not accurate pics very decieving . It showed mostly the lobby which was very pretty. We wanted the old style nostalage of new orleans but expected hotel to be better. Only thing good was the a/c was good and beds were clean but would NEVER !! Stay again. Couldn't wait to ck out

A/c was good & bed ok

Beds were extremely comfortable!
    • Double Queen Room

Tub wasn't as clean and when taking a shower the water gets on the floor. Didn't get free parking as stated on third party website (booking.com)

Beds were extremely comfortable! Good room space.

staff and breakfast were great. Everything else so so.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

booked a room on the first floor didn't get it. Elevator broke and had to carry luggage up and down to the 3rd floor. Trash all over the walkway in front of our room. Shower floors are so slippery we almost busted our @$$ a few times. Pool water was very cloudy.

Close to trolley stops and staff was friendly

Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel. We will certainly stay again.
    • Double Queen Room

The courtyard could have been blown to get rid of the dying leaves that were accumulating. The half glass in the shower was not quite wide enough to keep water from getting on the floor.

Good breakfast choices. I liked the fact that the St. Charles Trolley stopped just across the street from the hotel. We were able to park the car, using valet service, and not worry about parking in another part of the city.

• Double Queen Room

They put us in a room that was big but it smelled of humidity it did not have a toilet paper holder it was dreary had an indentation on the floor horrible dark colors this room should be shut down. It seems it was part of the old mansion and they haven't done a decent job of modernizing it. The bathroom was slippery and had no handles just an unsafe room. Please shut it down!!

Good location, lousy wifi
    • Double Queen Room

WiFi worked on the first and last days of our visit only. Bathtub drain didn't work correctly. Billing emails were confusing with different amounts shown on each. We weren't informed in advance they were holding out $75 that is suppose to be returned to our account--it has yet to be returned.

Breakfast had lots of choices, very nice staff. Location is good. On St.Charles streetcar line. Nearby fast food places, restaurants and taverns. Quiet area. Nice when you are tired of all the French Quarter madness.

Good location, issues with cleanliness, aging interior, basic breakfast
    • Double Queen Room

- Bathroom was smelly, complained 3 times to get cleaned, still don't think they used a brush - Bathroom door was broken and would not close, had eventually to change the room, as could not fix - Hot tub - is not, and very small pool with only 3 lounge chairs - Same breakfast every day, very basic, so you would be better off not to have it included, and explore thousands of restaurants around -My wife got scratched by the metal pin form one of the chairs on the last day

The outside views are really nice.

They were short staff so they accommodated as best as they...
    • Double Queen Room

The property pics on line appear to be what the hotel previously looked like, not its current look. It has not been kept up well. Rooms were hot, bathrooms were not well ventilated, the doors were difficult to open and not well secured, they kept running out of towels so we got towels from the pool just to take showers since no one could use the pool because the water was green, the weight room was garbage. Overall, I can’t say I’d recommend staying at this hotel unless there are absolutely no other rooms available. Definitely Not worth 135$/night.

They were short staff so they accommodated as best as they could I guess.

Beds alone are worth the stay
    • Double Queen Room

The bathroom was really small, I stayed in five different hotels on our trip and this one takes the prize for the smallest bathroom. Just enough room to step out the shower, you can actually be IN the shower and be able to open the door, lol. I didn't like the cost per vehicle for parking ($25 per vehicle per day). Also, the breakfast area is extremely small.

However, this was the last hotel on our trip and my family agreed it had the most comfortable beds! The rooms themselves were good sized, comfy and clean.

Good access to the streetcar, close to Garden District,...

I have no complaints!

Good access to the streetcar, close to Garden District, Downtown and French Quarter, staff was friendly and professional, lots of choice for hot and cold options for breakfast, attendants were personable and showed they enjoyed interacting with the guests, all staff greeted guests courteously. Pool was well kept and refreshing. Room was clean and comfortable, beds cozy and comfortable as well. The whole place gives a New Orleans feel in the architecture, service and design of the grounds and rooms.

Overall very great stay! Would definitely stay again.
    • Double Queen Room

Didnt like that I wasnt informed that parking was $25 a night and the website says pet friendly then I was told I would be charged a $50 fee for my pet upon check in. The staff did their best to help me with those concerns as well.

LOVE the courtyard. The location is perfect for going to French Market and all the major attractions in the city. The staff was very helpful with all my concerns and answered my questions in a very hospitable manner.

2 Night Stay during Essence Festival
    • Standard King Room

Not a good value for the price paid. The front desk staff wasn't friendly. Rooms could have been cleaner and can use some updating. The water pressure in the shower was very low and the water didn't drain well.

The valet drivers were awesome. Our car was available within minutes after requesting everytime. Location was convenient. Easy access to the Convention Center, Bourbon St., and the French Quarters via the streetcar. There are plenty of restaurants close to the property and the food is tasty.

It was okay.
    • Double Queen Room

The breakfast was awful. The food was cold and they suggested that we warm items up in the microwave. The room was a Suite but there was nothing luxurious about it. There wasn’t a place for us to hang clothes, no iron or ironing board. No comforter on the bed only sheets.

The staff was very nice Adam and Brittany were great

OVERALL I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH MY STAY HERE.
    • Double Queen Room

I DID NOT LIKE MY ROOM BECAUSE IT WAS NOT CLEAN ENOUGH. I DID NOT LIKE THAT THE SHOWER HEAD PRESSURE WAS TOO WEAK AND THE TUB FOR THE SHOWER WAS TOO SMALL. THERE WAS ONLY ONE SMALL GARBAGE CAN IN THE ENTIRE ROOM WHICH CAUSED GARBAGE TO OVER FLOW ONTO THE FLOOR. THE SINK IN OUR ROOM WAS STOPPED UP ON OUR FIRST NIGHT UNTIL THEY FIXED IT. THE BREAKFAST WAS SO SO. THE POOL WAS MERKY AND WITH ONLY 2 POOL CHAIRS TO LAY OUT ON. I ALSO DID NOT LIKE THE DIRTY WATER ON THE GROUND SURROUNDING THE ELEVATOR THAT I HAD TO STEP OVER EVERYTIME I ENTERED THE ELEVATOR.

I LIKED THAT THE FRONT DESK STAFF WERE FRIENDLY AND ACCOMMEDATING

I had a great time
    • Standard King Room

The room I was in just had a shower the walls and doors were dirty in the room but it was just decent.

Breakfast was simple the rooms were decently clean. It’s not far from the essence fest

It's a convenient location to the trollies. Front desk staff not friendly.
    • Double Queen Room

The staff was not very personable or friendly at the front desk. The staff parking the vehicle were nice.

Didn't stay for breakfast and didn't know there was breakfast. Was not offer by desk staff.

Great place to stay
    • Double Queen Room

Had to pay to park off street but this seems very common for the area.

Great location trolly stop in front of the hotel. Great breakfast with a nice area to sit inside as well as a beautiful area outside. Honest staff. I left a very expensive camera in the room. They mailed it to me at a very reasonable cost. Within walking distance to the WWII museum

Breakfast provided was great!
    • Standard King Room

After we checked in, we were informed the pool was closed and the hot tub was broken. Very unprofessional, being July 4 weekend.

Breakfast provided was great!

Fantastic value!
    • Double Queen Room

Housekeeping could have been a bit better--no replacement ice bags or coffee. The water pressure was ridiculously low but at least we were able to get hot water to flow.

The breakfast was really good. The courtyards are pretty and welcoming. The staff smiled all over the place and was very friendly all the time. The beds are very comfortable. The location was fabulous--away from the busyness of the quarters but not far, with lovely neighborhoods to explore. Several bars within walking distance. Catch the streetcar right outside!

Mediocre. Sweet staff. Won't return.
    • Double Queen Room

Ants in the room. Spotty or non-existent WiFi and TV. Multiple keys did not work. Breakfast was standard. It was obvious that staff was frustrated with lack of stock and did their best to provide as much quality as possible.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent location.

Really cool place!
    • Double Queen Room

Found bugs on/in the bed. Parking is a huge hassle and we didn't feel safe leaving our car in the temporary lot and the keys with the front desk. Didn't stay.

Really cool place! Loved the decor.

Very quaint & charming hotel & amazing staff ...will definitively rebook for next visit!!!
    • Standard King Room

My only gripe was that the continental breakfast was only from 630-930am. But they do offer muffins & coffee at front desk which was a pleasant surprise.

Brittany & David at front desk were very helpful, friendly and accommodating with everything. A great amount of restaurants around hotel to fit everyone's budget. Streetcar was very accessible right in front of hotel. A lot of awesome sitting areas surrounding the hotel especially around the pool area. It was great to have a fridge & microwave already in room .....not like corporate hotels that insist on charging you for these necessities.

An okay stay, but i would not stay again.
    • Double Queen Room

Small room, flies in room, the smallest bathroom I have probably ever seen. there is no sliding door or curtain on shower, shower was dirty. The first room they moved us to was not ready, had to go all the way back to the front desk which is a little ways from the actual rooms. phone lines were either busy or not working if you needed to call the front desk.

Friendly staff. Located right in front of St. Charles street car. A lot of near by restaurants and clubs. Restaurant on site.

Untruthful clerk
    • Standard King Room

The gentleman that checked me in said he would waive the 25.00 parking fee, because I reserved a room with a king size bed, but when I got there I was told that they didn't have any & was offered a Queen & he said he take care of parking, well he didn't.other than that everything else was good.

Wonderful location,would love to stay there during Madris Gras .

• Double Queen Room

The previous hotel we had booked mess up our reservation and had no rooms available. We were traveling from Houston by train was half way to New Orleans. The front assist me in getting a roo here.

Ok
    • Double Queen Room

Door to room had to be slammed over and over to lock properly and location is a few blocks from a bridge, dangerous at night

Comfortable bed and free breakfast

Anniversary, Birthday and Father Day
    • Standard King Room

There wasn't anything that we didn't like. We really enjoyed our stay, and will recommend this place.

We liked how close things were in walking distance, the breakfast and the staff at the hotel was very accommodating. The one that stood out the most with us was Ms Beverly, she made sure our breakfast was hot and the place was clean. Everyone was helpful. This is the type of place you want to go to.

Browse Maison St. Charles traveller photo gallery