Reviews of Majestic Hotel 3 stars

528 West Brompton, Lakeview, Chicago, IL 60657 , USA

#96 of 146 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Location good for the event attending.
    • Standard Queen Room

Steps down to reception very difficult to manage with suit cases. Bedroom decor need updated. Breakfast offering could do with more variety.

Location good for the event attending. Daniel who works on reception is a gem. Very helpful.

Not at all worth the money....
    • Standard Queen Room

The value / experience for the money this place cost was not even close. I ordered the strawberries and Champagne for my wife and it came in a SCREW OFF bottle. The parking situation with their garage was difficult. The bed was not comfortable... I could go on and on really. I was not at all satisfied with what I got for the price of this place - in fact, I kind of feel like I got took.

Close to Wrigley Field.

Mona and Daniel were great concierges.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast choice is very basic but ok. Sofa in the room is not very comfortable

Mona and Daniel were great concierges. David was extremely helpful, knew our very wishes before we did and is such a nice guy. Best concierge we ever had. Mona has a great sense of humor and it was like chatting to a good friend. The hotel itself is great, clean, spacious, Belle Époque-meets-Baseball-theme done very tastefully. Beds very comfortable. Bus 146 stop next to the hotel takes you directly to Michigan Av and the Loop. All great. But Mona and Daniel are the true heart of the place. Thank you. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nice design, the lobby is awesome.
    • Suite with One King Bed

A/Cs were old and noisy. Bathroom could be improved.

Nice design, the lobby is awesome. The breakfast is fine. It is good that they have free tea/coffee and cookies in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

It was very nice!
    • Standard Queen Room

Would have helped to have a couple of more protein and vegetarian options for breakfast.

The staff were a pleasure to deal with. The central location of the hotel was pivotal in allowing myself and my children ample time to see downtown Chicagos attractions without having to worry about how late in the night it is - because of the hotel being a beautiful and safe neighborhood

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Super nice breakfast and amazing cookies in the afternoon!
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was a little bit small

Super nice breakfast and amazing cookies in the afternoon! Nice and quiet location (10-15 min walking to Addison red line). Clean.

A place worth staying.
    • Standard Queen Room

Quaint old hotel with class. Excellent staff, rooms were great. Highly recommend this hotel.

Everything, especially the staff. We needed help as my husband is handicapped. They all were right there for us. Beautiful room too. We would definitely come back again.

Good hotel near the airport
    • Standard Queen Room

We only stayed there one night on our way back from Martha’s Vineyard in order to catch an early morning flight to DC. The hotel is decorated in a very kitschy and unique way. The staff was polite and the room was spacious and clean. They don’t have any restaurants on site but the staff offered us menus of places around where we could get food delivered from. We didn’t really get any time to check out much of the hotel or its facilities, but based on its decor and how comfortable the room was, we wish we could have stayed longer.

1st time in Chicago and Wrigley Field
    • Standard Queen Room

Smaller room than expected, limited breakfast. Asst. GM didn't seem hospitable or courteous. (rest of the staff very good).

Great staff. Very helpful. Clean rooms. Quiet location near Wrigleyville. Loved the Cubs Baseball Memoribalia throughout the hotel.

First impression is that the place is a dump. It was clean and comfortable. Needs refurbishment.
    • Suite with One King Bed

Elevator barely had room for 2 adults and 2 suitcases. Air conditioner was noisy. On a one way street with construction at the end of the block which made accessibility difficulty. But I guess that’s city life. Parking was a 5 minute walk away instead of on site.

The soap products in the bathroom.

The lobby and shared space are newly renovated they are...
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was old and the bathroom was no5 clean.

The lobby and shared space are newly renovated they are nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Quaint hotel in a great location
    • Standard Queen Room

For someone who lives in hotels 50% of the year for work, this little hotel was a perfect change. The room was a little small, but it’s charm, location, friendly staff and amenities made up for that. If you are a baseball lover and/or want to hang in Boys Town this is the place for you!

Overpriced and photographs not representative of room
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was right up against the wall on the side, the TV didn't work properly and the aircon was very noisy all night (there was no central air). The room was small and the standard was not great. I wasn't expecting much for breakfast but was still disappointed - it didn't have many options and the ones they had were not good. They were completely out of coffee, only had cinnamon flavoured teas. It's not near the local stores/restaurants and parking is a hassle. I'm glad we only stayed one night. If you are looking for a place to stay that's better value for money, I suggest staying out of town and getting an Uber in as that will work out cheaper and you'll get a better room.

Location, location, location!!! And Comfortable.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were dimly lit. Dated and lifting wallpaper in rooms, worn/stained carpet that if it could tell you stories, it would be about people having a great time when the Cubs took the pennant for 2016 World Series. Only 1 old and small elevator, but it's only 3 floors. Undisciplined energetic children bouncing around breakfast area, leaving messes. Hotel could benefit by having a custodial staffer while meals take place...it's more than one person can handle with all the food related replenishment needed. Finally, towels were a bit thin, shabby and could have used minibar restocking but didn't "need to request."

Spacious room, comfortable beds and sheets, bar sink/mini frig, everything you need for 4 nights! Breakfast, 24/7 coffee/tea and Front Desk Staff available (for 4:45AM Check Out). Convenient location to great food, Lakeshore Drive and Parks and easy to get uptown or downtown. Baseball themed decor and memorabilia, books available to read were all great and made it "homey." 5 stars for the In Room amazing minibar and snack selection, priced to want indulge! Walked to Wrigleyville and Broadway for meals - and easy bus route. Safe neighborhood. Mona and Daniel were outstanding!!! Will return on my next visit if the rate is right! Thank you!

Perfect hotel for a Cubs game
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The mattress wasn't my favorite but I would definitely stay there again.

It was adorable and the rooms were huge. Perfect for a Cubs game, it is walking distance.

Great location!
    • Standard Queen Room

Very Small rooms, windows were so dirty, you could not see out, breakfast was fine if you are ok with bread. Coffee was cold. No hot water pressure in shower at all. Bed had very large dip in the middle. Elevator was very small and smelt of burnt oil. Ok

Great location! Walking distance to Wrigleyville. Parking garage was easy and friendly. Very short walk. Friendly staff and very quiet, and nice neighborhood.

I find the people at the hotel friendly, attentive and...
    • Standard Queen Room

Room lighting tends to be dark; windows do not provide enough natural light and the lamp lighting is insufficient. I don't spend much time in the room but I notice each time I use the hotel how dark the rooms can be for reading, using computer, etc.

I find the people at the hotel friendly, attentive and welcoming. I visit Chicago several times a year and it is like seeing old friends to be greeted by people who remember me.

Great hotel, convenient parking at reasonable price and a nice change of pace.
    • Standard Queen Room

The temperature in our room was on the hot side. We immediately turned heat down but because of the boiler system, we were unable to regulate the temperature during our stay. We were also placed on the 1st floor and both nights I heard a phone or bell ringing at around 3 AM that continued for at least 1-2 minutes.

The location was convenient to where we were spending most of our time. The atmosphere was nice and the decor appropriate for the area. The staff at the front desk did excellent job answering my questions.

The location was perfect!
    • Suite with One King Bed

The hotel was going through renovations, cracked chipped paint, the room was extremely dated, the decor in the rooms and bathroom was very off putting.

The location was perfect!! Hotel was close to everything, restaurants, shops etc

Placed in a room RIGHT across from the front desk.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

Placed in a room RIGHT across from the front desk. Heard the phones ringing and other conversations. Our heater made an awful rattling noise the entire time. Was told it was just the sound of it kicking on, but it proceeded our whole visit.

A great place in Chicago to relax.
    • Standard Queen Room

There isn't much to look at window wise. This is just me, but I wish you guys had Discovery ID...

The staff was awesome, parking prices aren't bad, and the rooms are clean. Bed is pretty nice too. So much food to get delivered if you got the right apps.

I would definitely stay at The Majestic Hotel again.
    • Standard Queen Room

I realize the hotel is an old building but it could use a bit of shining up. Things like wall paint and carpets look a little worn or soiled. Also I was there 3days 2nights and the elevator had popcorn spilled on the floor and was not swept up the whole time I stayed.

No towel rack for towel and washcloth.
    • Standard Queen Room

No towel rack for towel and washcloth. Left too early to get Belfast which was included in cost apparently. Woke in middle of night with loud pipe banging sound? I even wear earplugs.

Hotel was adequate but will not stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

The water pressure in the shower was awful. There was hair in the shower when we arrived. The toilet took two or three times to flush. Most times when we went to get coffee it was the bottom of the pot. The wallpaper was peeling. And the over head light would only turn on with the fan. And it was way too hot in the room even with the heat off. We had to run the AC in December in Chicago.

The hotel attendant who was there in the early evening was awesome!

Perhaps the best choice in Lakeview, but there are few choices in this area
    • Suite with One King Bed

The rooms need refurbishment. I understand this is gradually occuring, but I rate things as they are. The bed and linens are ok, but certainly not high-end-hotel caliber. The breakfast, while included, is substandard even by Continental standards. The rooms are Spartan and reasonably clean. Overall, I think this hotel is overpriced for what it is, given that Chicago prices are moderate for a big city.

The Boystown (Lakeview) location is excellent, even though it is not close to the center of the city. Chicago has 24/7 public transportation, and this hotel is well located to make use of it. The rooms are spacious as well. I like the clubby lobby and the overall olde tyme style.

Old and tired.
    • Standard Queen Room

The place is old tired and small. The room was the size of my closet. It got the job done (a place to sleep) but I sure wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Perfect location in our family’s neighborhood for a weekend stay!
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

It’s not in the least handicap assessable. Steps up and in, then steps down to the lobby. Very small elevator would not accommodate a wheelchair even if one could get into the building.

The architecture and layout of the old building was beautiful.

Overall I enjoyed my visit. The hotel was adequate for my needs
    • Standard Queen Room

Lack of coffee...When I went down for coffee there was never any available, the machine always seemed to be empty

The staff was very friendly. Daniel, who checked me in, was very friendly and helpful. He has a great knowledge of Chicago.

Quaint Boutique Hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

It's a very old Boutique Hotel. I'd like to have a bit nicer breakfast. A waffle iron would have been a nice addition to the breakfast.

It's location is very good. Half a block from the Inner Lake Shore Drive bus to downtown Chicago.

The room was nice and clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

wi-fi connectivity was patchy which was the most negative aspect of my stay as i needed to get business email and struggled to connect at all times.

The room was nice and clean.

Could have been better.
    • Standard Queen Room

Your information said parking was available. As far as I could see it failed to mention that there was a hefty $25 a day parking fee. There was no alternative to the hotel parking as parking was very restricted in the area. As I had entered into the hotel booking contract before I was aware of this term, I consider a refund to be in order. Breakfast was disappointing, apart from a good variety of cereal, everything else was mediocre. Only juice was orange juice and that was out of a carton and nothing hot was included.

The room was excellent and the provision of a fan and the ability to open a window as an alternative to the usual noisy air-conditioning was appreciated.

But all at all I can recomend this hotel to the others
    • Standard Queen Room

If the staff devoted a little more attention to purity will be great (elevator was not cleaned by months). It was not clearly stated that I have to pay extra for the parking, and it was additional not planned cost for me.

neighborhood is very nice, and hotel is very charmy. It's true that air condition is from the last century but it's working.

The location was the only thing that saved this place.
    • Standard Queen Room

The building was very dated. I stayed on the second floor and the floors creaked. The decor and age of everything made it feel like I was at my grandparents. If I had to stay longer, I would have switched hotels.

Front desk staff were very friendly.

Never again
    • Standard Queen Room

Very small, dark, dismal room. It was impossible to see out of the window due to condensation. Breakfast very limited with no hot food.

Helpful check out when I decided to cut my stay short. Position was good if you wanted to go to Wigley Fields

Wonderful time at the Majestic...thanks, Dan!
    • Standard Queen Room

Room could use some updating.

Dan...the young man who worked the front desk...was beyond exceptional! He became part of our family! Traveling with our 6 year old grandson, Dan was super kind to him...even bringing him fresh baked cookies and milk...twice. Dan was professional and courteous...we even took a picture of him before we left! The hotel was ideally located for our visit to Wrigley. Walking there was great. We'll surely book the Majestic the next we're n Chicago...hope Dan is still there!

Location was really the only big plus of this property
    • Standard Queen Room

The building is old. No central air. Small rooms that have antiquated finishes. Probably last updated in the mid-80's, except for the breakfast room. Also, the wifi was so slow, I just used data.

Location is the best aspect of this property.

Great location and friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Excellent location, within walking distance from Wrigley's Field. The staff was pleasant and helpful with recommendations for dinner in the area. No pool, but you have access to one beside the property.

Excellent location and lovely place to stay.

Liked everything.

Very nice place and so close to the ballpark and many places to eat. Quiet neighborhood, it just blended in to the surrounding area. Would love to come back here in the future.

Very nice but be ready to walk to your car & back.
    • Suite with One King Bed

Parking was four blocks away with no valet service offered.

A very quaint hotel in an older converted building. Very friendly staff. A great breakfast is included & warm cookies are served at 4:00PM.

Hotel was great. Booking.com never again
    • Standard Queen Room

I was not happy with booking.com What the website quoted & what I paid was way off. The exchange was way too much. I will go back to the hotel but will never book with Booking.com again.

hotel was great.

Pleasant Majestic, delightful B and B experience!
    • Standard Queen Room

lighting, carpeting and dirty windows

Our stay at the Majestic has great hospitality! Our stay was pleasant. The staff was delightful and very attentive to our needs, really welcoming, they really made the cozy hotel like a B and B experience! Loved the robes, breakfast and in room snacks! The convenience of location makes this a sure pick, when staying in this part of Chicago, but the hotel should give some thought to better lighting in the rooms and new carpeting, they would be a huge improvement.

Perfect location with great amenities
    • Standard Queen Room

There was supposed to be coffee and tea available 24/7 which must have been very popular. When we went down 2 out of 3 times to get coffee, it was empty.

The bed was very comfortable. Our room faced east and we got the beautiful sunrise view. The hotel itself is beautiful and a great location.

For the money we expected something nicer with more accommodations.....
    • Standard Queen Room

Very expensive for a small room with the view of an alley and electrical lines.... parking 1/2 mile away was somewhat inconvenient, again for the money the free breakfast was very limited, for $200 a night a warm breakfast shouldn't be too much to ask....the room above us was very noticeable... we heard them having sex all night every night.,,, was very annoying...I'm guessing it was because the floors were creaky and the ceilings were thin??

It was old, which is what my wife likes... old histori. Buildings

Disappointed, thought it would be a quaint hotel with luxurious bedding and beds.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms too small, continental breakfast just ok, expected more amenities as it was billed as a boutique hotel. Also not much for the price.

Proximity to Wrigley

Good front of desk staff very helpful but put in embarrassing postion.
    • Standard Queen Room

Seating arrangements in the dining was dark and cramped. Hotel pleasant but looked tired in need of some TLC. Rooms felt musty. Lift and stairs not conducive to elderly or infirm people. Breakfast limited when produce ran out not always replaced. No kettle in room. Wouldn't recommend or stay here again.

Location was in a good area with nice resturants nearby.

Great hotel near Wriggly and the Lake
    • Standard Queen Room

I thought the breakfast could have been nicer. But I would still stay there again

Loved the loacation right by Wriggly and the lake. The staff was great. They gave a free bottle of wine because our bathroom light wasn't working. And the night desk clerk gave us great info on where to watch the fireworks.

Great place to stay if heading to Wrigley - easy walk
    • Standard Queen Room

Room service - not much food choice all reheated by microwave but well price for what you get - and good. Just need more choices and Pepsi (not everyone like Coke).

Very quiet comfortable place to unwind after a Chicago Cubs game - an easy walk to Wrigley and back! Will be back again next year for another Cubbie game :)

Overpriced and Extremely dated

See above

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was very dated and dingy not to mention incredibaly small. The attempt to compensate with a well stocked mini bar was nice. The one elevator is 4.5"x2.5" in size and can accommodate no more than 2 adults with 2 small pieces of luggage. While coffe and tea are available 24 hours there is no restaurant or bar and there a few near by (.25 mile from the hotel). If you come for an event at Wrigley Field such as a concert, expect to spend $360 per night for the experience described above. Since the Majestic is the only hotel in realistic walking distance from Wrigley there is a mini monopoly on supply-demand. Parking at the separate garage which is around the block is complimentary for the first 24 hours. I would recommend if you are driving arrive to the Wrigley area early, have an early dinner and either drive home or to another less expensive and of much better quality for the money hotel than the Majestic. Bottom line is that after the concert we checked out of our paid room and drive home (50 miles) instead of spending the night in this uncomfortable and extremely dated hotel.

Good time in Chicage
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

Maybe a hot item for breakfast. Small elevator. The Cub's lost!!!!

The Location to Wrigley field was great. The staff was very helpful. The people in the neighborhood were very polite and talkative. We had a great time.

The bed was comfortable and the room/bathroom clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small for the $$, the hall carpets had some staining and so did the room's carpet. The was no view for the $$ and the outside glass filthy. I know with the tightness of the building, almost impossible to clean the window.

The bed was comfortable and the room/bathroom clean.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

If you are going to Wrigley...this is the place
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was ok. But then I didn't come for the breakfast.

The staff was very friendly. It was perfect for Wrigley Field. The walk to Wrigley was not too long and I felt very safe in the area after the game. I loved the neighborhood feel of the street. I liked the "old" feel of the hotel. Plenty of space. Very cold AC. Neighborhood residents were friendly too. I used the safe deposit box for my valuables. The parking was very close and it was covered. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Meh
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom was super dated, the shower rod wasn't installed correctly. The shower head leaked and wasn't adjustable. The room was super small with nowhere to sit except the bed. Forget asking guests to you room for a drink. It's fine for a short stay, but that's all. Breakfast was passable. They ran out of certain types of food and there was no backup. Finally, there was a power outage in the neighborhood and the hotel does not have a backup generator.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

May 2017 stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Doors slam VERY LOUDLY to the rooms, definitely need closers on them. Also need some ventilation in the bathroom. Even taking a cool shower steams up the room like a sauna.

Staff were great: polite, friendly, accomodating, available 24/7 for any needs, responsive to requests, very helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable (where DO they get those pillows?) Nice continental breakfast; great coffee! A very cool place, not a cookie cutter hotel, lots of character and ambience.

Great location and service
    • Standard Queen Room

There wasn't anything that was disagreeable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. It was also pretty quiet which is also a bonus.

Floors were very creeky, small room.
    • Standard Queen Room

Floors were very creeky, small room. Our room was cold with no knob on the heater for us to turn it up. The room above us, the people walked around until 230 a.m. then left their TV on, loud enough we could hear it, and then started walking around again at 530 a.m. We only got about 3 hours of sleep due to the floors creeking and the TV being on up there.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

5.5
    Overall, my stay was fine but I will NEVER book another hotel reservation using Booking.Com
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't like the parking away from the property. Plus the staff did not know what size of a chevy tahoe is which forced me to park further away from the property. At check-in they had the wrong name and address for my room reservation which was booked using Booking.Com web site.

Coffee was great and the breakfast was very good. The bedroom had a comfortable bed and the TV worked perfectly.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Nice boutique hotel with friendly staff.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

Late cleaning of room-not a big deal but most hotels have this done by 2 pm. Breakfast was good-fresh fruit salad would be nice to have.

Good for access to CTA bus stops. Ok for access to CTA trains-about 7 block walk to el stop.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Nice room but if you like to stay warm inside bring extra layers.
    • Suite with One King Bed

Radiator heating is a definite negative. Clanking and banging in the middle of the night was terrible. Room was always cold. Not used to having to wear extra layers inside. Floor was creaky and a bit uneven.

Room was clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was close to areas we needed to get to.

Gorgeous little hotel with a lot of character.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom got quite warm in our room and we couldn't figure out the radiator. Not a huge deal, though.

Everything was amazing. A quaint and sweet little place that was very homey with a lot of personality. Kind of a 20's, Agatha Christie murder mystery feel. Amazing staff. They were all so talkative and helpful, and quite funny at times.

A very European experience.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing. It is exactly what it is.

A very European experience. This is an old small apartment hotel building. Nice and clean, not recently updated, reminded me of the small business hotel we stayed at in the 22nd A. in Paris. Bed so comfortable. Everything works, staff is adorable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Not worth what I paid for and the pictures are deceiving
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms were way smaller than pictured and the place was super hot. I had to turn off the heater and open the window (it was under 30F outside) and it was still too warm with the window cracked a little bit. Super noisy. I could hear the people in the adjoining room talking plus the door to the stairwell and maid closet/storage slamming every two minutes. Breakfast was (included) but it consisted of nothing anyone would want to eat. For the same price I could have stayed at the W Lakeshore Drive.

The distance to Boystown as well as the Lake was great

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Inviting home away from home.
    • Standard Queen Room

Decor could use a refresh and should return to complimenting the period of the building.

Friendly, helpful staff. Inviting atmosphere with comfortable library for reading, enjoying breakfast or just sitting by the fire relaxing with a cup of coffee. Beds very comfortable and rooms clean. Have stayed here multiple times and always enjoyed it.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

I always love this old hotel and it's a great location.
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

I had more trouble than usual finding parking in the area but it was during the Christmas holiday so maybe more crowded than other times.

I always love this old hotel and it's a great location.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

A relaxed place near wrigley field.
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking went up in price than last year and there are two different buildings that you can park with two completely different systems.

The staff is really nice. There's a lot to eat near by. It's near lots of public transportation.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Good for a weekend getaway
    • Standard Queen Room

Thin walls meant that we heard people in adjacent rooms.

Traditional Hotel with a great location. Walking distance to Wrigley. $10 Uber ride to Old Town. Staff were very helpful. Excellent WiFi. Its a great place to stay for a weekend in Chicago without breaking the bank.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Had a wonderful romantic getaway at The Majestic. Close to affordable parking with a great lounge.
    • Standard Queen Room

We lost internet connectivity and the staff was not able to provide and answer as to why.

We loved the location. Away from downtown, but close to Lakeshore Dr. Close proximity to parking and a quiet neighborhood. The prices for the mini-bar and in-room snacks were very fair. I ordered a bottle of champagne from the hotel. They chilled it and took it to our room. The lounge was remarkable. Very cozy by the fireplace.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Perfect Stay!
    • Suite with One King Bed

Upon arrival we were treated like family. Mona, Rick and all the staff were very helpful! Super close to our evening activity - within walking distance. Quiet, clean, cozy room. Will definitely return!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very comfortable place to stay!
    • Suite with One King Bed

Breakfast was a downer. We ended up just having coffee and going to a local restaurant for breakfast/brunch most days. The sweet rolls were ok though.

Very comfortable place to stay! The meeting room with the gas fireplace and decorated for Christmas was our favorite. We talked over cups of coffee and enjoyed the warm ambience of a luxury hotel lobby.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Best price/quality ratio.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is far away from the Loop, where most touristic attractions are. Still, there is a CTA station relatively nearby.

The hotel is located in Lakeview, a lovely neighborhood in Chicago. It has plenty of restaurants and it's ideal if you want to see another part of the city.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Majestic Hotel is Great!
    • Standard Queen Room

Overhead lighting in room was "cold, blue" instead of "warm, yellow (incandescent)". Easily remedied by turning it off and using table lamps. Yeah, I know: I'ma "snowflake".

I think the location is great. It's only a few blocks from a really good BBQ place and grocery. Good continental breakfast included. Cozy common room (think "study" or "library") with fireplace.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

DON'T BELIEVE THE PICTURES - DECEITFUL. Hotel is old and needs renovation!
    • Standard Queen Room

The pictures are beyond misleading and I will say they are deceitful. The hotel looks NOTHING like the pictures. It looks run down, beat up and in DESPERATE need of a renovation. The price is quite high. I could have gotten a 5* hotel downtown for the same price. The room is basic, the bathroom has pink tiles and a tub with a curtain. No toiletries. Out of 6 nights, I only had "breakfast" once. Serving a few pastries, cake, coffee and tea doesn't mean you serve breakfast; another misleading point about this hotel. The location is beautiful if you have a reason to be up there, otherwise stay downtown.

It's actually mind-boggling that this hotel has such high ratings. In fact, it completely discredits this review/rating system. What I liked: Hotel and room are pretty clean, it was convenient because I had friends who live in the area. Good internet. That's about it.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

An outstanding hotel
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The elevator is very tiny But the room is right by the stairs. Overall, it is an excellent hotel.

Perfect location and a big room with 2 queen size beds and a nice sofa bed. complimentary breakfast is ok.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

My Go To Place
    • Standard Queen Room

WiFi can be difficult on third floor.

Awesome location. Great, relaxing great room. 24/7 coffee/tea. Okay breakfast selection. My go to Chicago stay spot!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Super majestic :)

Noisy radiators and floors unsure if this could be addressed as is an old building.

Comfortable,relaxed environment. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would use again

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

December Weekend in Chicago
    • Suite with Two Queen Beds

The radiator in our room clanked intermittently throughout the night waking us up. Elevator was extremely small but I guess it is to be expected in a building that age.

Staff was extremely friendly and hotel location and cleanliness was outstanding. Very good value for a suite in Chicago. Parking garage was very convenient and a good value.