Reviews of Manhattan Broadway Hotel 2 stars

#405 of 415 hotels in New York

6.1

5.2

5.7

Would probably return if we were on another budget trip since the location was great!
    • Standard Triple Room

The wifi did not work at all... considering our length of stay and unfamiliarity with the city it would have been nice to look up places without having to use all of my data. The windows didn't emit real sunlight so we could never really tell what time of day it was especially trying to wake up in the morning.

Very good location, we walked to time square almost every day. Many food options around the area as well. The room was what is to be expected of a NYC hotel for this price. The beds were nice, AC was cold, and the bathrooms were spacious.

Excellent location, helpful front desk, value for money. Bigger rooms would have been perfect.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are very small & narrow. Even the corridor to the elevator is so narrow that it makes very difficult to drag a trolley and a baby stroller. Also, for strollers or wheelchairs - no easy access to get in the hotel

Excellent location at the heart of Manhattan, walking distance to Times Square, Empire State Building, Madam Tussaud etc... very close to Penn Station for Subway access and a bunch of restaurants of various cuisines. Specially for someone like me , big fan of Indian food, there is a good Indian restaurant within 100 feet from the hotel - they offer a very good lunch buffet too! Rooms are small but have all required amenities.

Good location, tiny rooms very overpriced. Terrible wifi
    • Standard Triple Room

Picture showed 3 single beds we arrived and it was a bunk bed and a single, very limited space, 3 people’s backpacks did not even fit anywhere. Old and outdated and things broken. Wifi does not work at all. We asked reception if there was a trick to it and she said to stand near the elevator.

Was a good location, close to Times Square and lots of food outlets.

Disappointing hotel experience which somewhat spoiled our visit to New York.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is of a poor overall quality. The furnishings are old and tired. It looks like a lot better in the photographs. There was no natural light in our room making it impossible to tell what time of day it was.

Staff were friendly

Location was great close to the hustle and bustle how ever.
    • Standard Twin Room

Trying to sleep on the cast concrete mattress was difficult to say the least I’m considering setting up a pop up chiropractic out side on the side walk for future guests (i would make a fortune) and I’m sure the prisoners in alcatraz circa 1912 were supplied with more blankets. This could have been slightly looked over if there were basic hotel room staples like a fridge or a tv in the room trying to watch the television was akin to an elderly person with ocular tridgiums doing the driving eye test the screen was so small i couldn’t even watch it because my thoughts of why they even bothered to put such a microscopic thing on the wall in the first place.Bathrooms were passable i guess Although the A/C unit blows straight into it with minimal conditioned air reaching the main sleeping quarters making the room feel like a Vietnamese war hot box If your trying to save money don’t bother the cost of re-aligning your spine every morning would out weigh any savings give it a miss.

Location was great close to the hustle and bustle how ever.........

Nice cheap hotel well located!
    • Standard Queen Room

Had to pay deposit on arrival which was unexpected so left me a bit short. Some staff mostly polite and helpful. One of the women on reception was really off and didnt seem very friendly.

Great location 5 minutes from times square and penn station. Comfy and clean room aswel.

The location of this hotel can’t be beat.
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms were really small and stuffy. I realize this is slightly cheaper but still, I paid over 400 USD for two nights in a teeny tiny flat? Ridiculous. It’s better for you to stay farther away and ride a train into the city.

The location of this hotel can’t be beat. Walking distance of a lot of major attractions. Can be a little challenging to find because of how everything is so compact in NYC.

The staff where very friendly and went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed the trip.
    • Standard Queen Room

Booked this hotel due to the central location, and did not disappoint as most of the sights where within walking distance. The hotel is basic but clean with daily maid service, staff where very friendly and answered any question we asked, even going so far as to phone through to confirm the transfer I had booked to JFK for our return flight. Would stay here again, if I go back to New York.

Nothing, but the location!
    • Standard Twin Room

The photos were totally off. There was nothing to like. Doors didn't close, beds old and hard. Towels old and dingy and they ran out.There was nothing to like!!!!!

Nothing, but the location!!!!

Our stay in New York was amazing. The hotel was horrific.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was horrendous. We didn’t even have a window! Well, we had a window but it was an internal one that you couldn’t open. Wouldn’t it have been lovely to open a window and see New York City? We had an awful “air con” unit that was covered by the curtain to the fake window so there was really no point. We had to ask for the fridge to be turned off because it was SO noisy and woke us up during the night, as did the hotel staff on numerous occasions at 1-2am laughing and joking in reception which was the floor below us. We paid well over £600 to stay in this hotel which was an absolute travesty. I have no idea how they get away with charging that much for such a hell hole. It was depressing to be in there.

It was good that they provided a safe and the iron was good when we requested it for the second time. The location of the hotel was good in fairness.

We would stay again as it was value for the amount paid.
    • Standard Queen Room

Plugs for the bath and basin would be useful.

Excellent location to explore Manhattan. Also close to Penn Station, Port Authority and subways. Having a fridge and microwave is a bonus. Hotel is old but clean.

Basic
    • Standard Queen Room

Old bathroom and small premises.

Just a room. That's it! Do not expect more. No service at all. You only see a front desk person when you check in and another one when check out. No breakfast, no nothing. But, well, for being close to everything, it worth it just to go to bed.

• Standard Triple Room

The tub had hair in it and the fixtures had not been cleaned thoroughly in quite some time.

Great location. Staff was very friendly. Room was generally quiet.

Location was great, with quick access to metro.
    • Standard Queen Room

Elevator is too small and smelly. Rooms are small too, but met our needs. The overall building is too claustrophobic

Location was great, with quick access to metro. Times Square, Theatres all walkable. Decent places to eat around. It's a good places to stay if you plan to mostly be outside!

Still the best choice near Time Square.
    • Standard Twin Room

The noise of air conditioner was too loud that I was not able to sleep tight at night.

I had a perfect stay before. This time was also great. Recommended.

Worked well for us.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are dark and gloomy. This is because the windows look out on a light shaft. Also Try to avoid rooms 210 and 310. They have better light because the window faces the steeet (West 38th). But they are very, very small and you get street noise.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Well worn, but clean rooms. Super location.

My stay at this quaint hotel was good, had a place to sleep and it was close to everything I needed
    • Standard Queen Room

There wasn't much I didn't like except for maybe the curtain situation.

The location was the best part of this property considering the price spent and overall contort of this small but good hotel.

Toilet clogged easily.
    • Standard Triple Room

Toilet clogged easily. The place is dirty, and there was grime on the outside of the fridge. The room has few outlets. The elevator is very very small.

The location was excellent.
    • Standard Twin Room

The elevator smells really bad and only room for 2 people. No window to look out. Bathroom vanity didn’t exist. There was only one tiny mirror over the sink.

The location was excellent. 38th and 7th Ave!

this is not a hotel, it is a broken and run down motel! do not stay here...
    • Standard Queen Room

there were mosquitos in the room and the bathroom was dirty. the tub had a bad dip to it because when i stepped in it I felt like it was nasty and about to give in. the tv was the size of a computer scene and was not working properly.

nothing!

I liked the staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

The shower. There was almost no water pressure. That was the only thing that I did not enjoy.

I liked the staff. They are very friendly and professional. They handled a problem promptly and took care of it. Location was great, between Penn Sta. and Times Square.

Loved the location! So convenient for walking and public transit. Had at great time in NYC!
    • Standard Twin Room

Instead of being able to check in at 3 pm, I was told to come back at 5 pm. This was a little annoying, as I wanted to rest and clean up before going out. We did get upgraded to a bigger room.

Staff upgraded us to a bigger room, with 2 doubles rather than 2 twins. Accomodations were better than I expected. Staff were excellent.

Cool!
    • Standard Twin Room

Can't say much about what I didn't like. We were there overnight.

First time trip to NYC to see a concert. Location was great, being close to venue really helped

one of the worst places i've ever stayed at. nice staff though.
    • Standard Queen Room

the rooms have no windows just frosted glass panels to the outside! the glass panels are not covered by curtains. super noisy construction site next door (going 24 hours). no sound isolation from room-to-room.

Horrible.
    • Standard Twin Room

Just name it: lobby (or however they call the entrance), elevator, hall, room (small, dark, no closets, very, very old), bathroom (loose taps, damages everywhere, things falling apart), doors could not be locked...

Nothing. Other hotels were much much better for the same price, but we realized it latter, after visiting our friends that stayed in other hotels. The score we'll give it is 0.5.

The hotel is in need of TLC but its prime location and comfy bed made this NYC experience complete.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is run down; the space heater in the room didn't work but it was swapped out immediately. The wi-fi went down the last two days, but they let us use the computer in the lobby. It was $30.00 to check in 2 hours early.

The property is in a great location. In walking distance to Times Square and the subway. The hotel staff was friendly. If you are looking for a 4-star hotel, this isn't it; the room is tiny, you can hear music and sirens at night and forget a window view. However, if you're looking for something that is in a prime location with hot water and a comfy bed, this is it.

Customer service
    • Standard Twin Room

Some of the staff was rude, like they have my credit card save it and I ask to do late check out because I wasn’t feel good I was with a really bad cold and they told me that I need to go downstairs feeling bad instead of charge me the $30 fee for late check out.

Don’t have high expectations
    • Standard Queen Room

Thermostat wasnt working and I was suppose to be given a space heater. Wasn’t aware that I was suppose to be given one till I complained and they gave me the one in the lobby. water pressure was incredibly low and was barely a trickle.

bed was comfy.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's not a snob.
    • Standard Queen Room

It would have been nice with a little chair in my room and the wifi was difficult.

The staff was really friendly and very helpful at all hours. We were preparing for a conference and the help we got from the front desk was invaluable. Also, we really appreciated the way the rooms were kept clean and tidy.

Great!
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is really central and a pretty reasonable price compared with other central located hotels. Okay, it wasn't luxurious but I wasn't expecting that. The staff were friendly and sorted out one or two small problems really quickly. The room was fine and clean...and New York is a very very interesting place!!

Expect basic and enjoy New York.
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel is tired and could do with a complete re-vamp. Our room, ( 205 ) was very basic with several light bulbs not working. The shower was not working right.The bed was also tired !!!

As a place to stay the hotel is in an ideal location. Ideal place to get out and about. Staff very helpful.

HOTEL DISGUSTING, DO NOT STAY HERE!
    • Standard Twin Room

I see others have said the photos booking.com use are not the hotel!! I don't understand why this dingy grotty place is recommended by you and who wants a hotel room with NO WINDOWS, metal camp beds, full of male gangs so very noisy and water came through the ceiling onto my daughters bed!! Holiday ruined due to this my daughters first trip to NY and I would say booking.com do not reflect the state of this place DO NOT STAY HERE!! Took no photos, too ashamed to show anybody where we stayed, not surprised booking.com took the money off me so quick for this with no refund!!

Very helpful staff, perfect location and room just needed some attention to detail
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The presentation of the room. Curtain poles fell down, it needed some tic.

The property was clean but the room looked nothing like the pictures so this was a slight disappointment. There were no tea making facilities in the room.

We had a great trip and were not much at the hotel except to sleep.
    • Standard Queen Room

Other guests were noisy and unruly (drunk) and the noise carried into our room from hallway. Window in our room did not close 100% and street noise and cooking smells carried in. The shower was odd and took some figuring out to work.

Great location!! Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Served a purpose but wouldn't stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds were uncomfortable, I booked a twin room and got a single with bunk beds. Overall the hotel was shabby and the room was small, which is expected for a big city, but a lot could be done to help make the experience better

Location was good, just 2 blocks from Times Square

Just a great location
    • Standard Twin Room

Room does not look like the advert. I had a room with horrible lighting, a very tiny window which did not open nor did any light came through. A very tiny tv, a lot of noise from other guests. Wouldn't stay there again.

The rooms were very clean and the reception staff very friendly. Great location

A good, cheap sleeping place for a short stay in Manhattan.
    • Standard Twin Room

No washcloths! Power outlets were in strange places, like 6 feet up the wall.

A bed, a bath, a TV, and a place to go online. A bit old, but clean and reasonably well supplied. Friendly staff gave us great restaurant recommendations and stored our luggage so we could eat lunch unencumbered before our bus home.

Came to see a play
    • Standard Queen Room

Not very aesthetically pleasing. Bed was a bit too firm, pillows and towels worn, very tiny television, bedroom wall decor looks like bathroom tiling, and shower had a few quirks. The elevator is extremely small and only one for both customers and staff, so sometimes there was a long wait time to use it.

Helpful and responsive staff, great prices. My sister and I were here for two nights to see a play, and this hotel was in excellent proximity to the theater. For our purposes, it worked.

It served the purpose but proved true to its name 'Budget' hotel. You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room

I had to walk up the stairs when I checked in due to elevator maintenance. I had to ask for wash cloths. The refrigerator didn't have a bar on the door to hold my beverages in place. There wasn't a closet, only hooks and one hanger. The bathroom mirror looked like it was hanging by twine.

The bed was comfortable and I liked the 12 pm checkout time. The staff was very polite and friendly on every shift I encountered.

Not luxurious, but clean and great location. Perfect for friends looking to view city/stay out late.
    • Standard Triple Room

There was no natural light getting into the room, was very dark regardless of the time of day. Mini fridge didn't work.

Amazing location, so close to Times Square/ subways. Value for money in terms of that was exceptional. Very clean bathroom and comfy beds.

Staff, location, price
    • Standard Twin Room

Key card would not work, had to ask front desk multiple times to give a new one. Guests were loud. Signs remind them that they should be quiet would be helpful.

Staff, location, price

Excelent location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Excelent location. Close to Penn Station, Madison Square Garden and Time Square. Rooms were comfy and clean. Staff was friendly. For this price it's enough what you need to take a rest after all day sightseeing in NYC.

overall not too bad
    • Standard Queen Room

no breakfast, no tea/coffee, wi-fi signal is not reliable, but I have to tell you that the location is great, in the middle of everything so if you dont care a bout the comfort and space and dont want to pay much, that a good place to stay.

good hotel for this budget price

Good value for money hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Sometimes it gets kind of noisy. The walls are too thin and there is a gap between the door and the floor. You can clearly hear everything in the hallway. The bathroom didn't have a window you could open. The room and elevator are kind of small.

Excellent location, just a few blocks from Times Square, 34th Street etc. and there are many restaurants and stores nearby. The staff was very nice, friendly, helpful and polite. The room was small but comfortable. I traveled alone and the room size was ok, but I think that it would be too small for 2 people. I believe this hotel is a great option for people traveling alone for short periods. It is a basic hotel but good choice for price/value.

Overall a positive experience. Would book again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Reception area and rooms could be made more appealing, but it is an older building so I’m sure that is part of the issue.

Staff was always courteous and professional. Very helpful and accommodating. Location was very convenient to everything we wanted to see and visit. Loved the option of leaving our bags early and being able to pick them up later after checking out.

Great staff but very tired hotel.
    • Standard Triple Room

Massive gaps around the doors (fire doors). Cushion covers taped over window gaps around ac units Bathroom shower not really fit for purpose. Sink was a hand basin without plug. Hotel needs some work.

Staff were amazing and very helpful but the hotel overall is very tired. It is clean though. They made huge effort to get us in a room before checking in time as sister was poorly. Very good and kind people working there.

Admittedly it was only £58.00 per night for the 2 of us. so we can't really complain
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was nothing like the picture on booking.com. We booked this room because of the hand held shower which had been removed of fallen off a long time ago. For the position and price and the fact that it was only for one night, and having just landed in JFK that evening whilst waiting to transfer to our cruise ship the day after we decided to stay as we were so tired after our flight. Otherwise we would have just left. Safe didn't work Needs a complete refurb to bring it into the 21st century. An opportunity missed

location full stop

The location was perfect and the staff were friendly and...
    • Standard Twin Room

The location was perfect and the staff were friendly and helpful. I had forgotten a shirt in my room after checking out and when I called about it, a staff member went right up to get it and put it with my suitcase.

Staff were friendly at check in.
    • Standard Queen Room

I feel a bit cheated as my room looked nothing like the rooms in the pictures on this website. It was like they forgot to decorate this room. Very disappointed as this is not what I expected.

Staff were friendly at check in. Good location. Clean room.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel rooms were clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

The property is very dated, it needs modernising and it is very basic, even WiFi isn’t free.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel rooms were clean. The location is excellent.

The location of the hotel is very close to time square !
    • Standard Queen Room

The pictures make out the place to look really different from what I.T actually is.. the room is extremely small and has no closet. It’s simply a bed and a night stand. The bed is hard and so are the pillows I.T was not comfortable at all. I.T felt like you are sleeping on a cardboard box. The sink in the bathroom had mold and to top I.T all off the Air conditioner was broken. Luckily I.T is winter and we just opened up the windows. The staff is nice and they tried everything possible to accommodate us, but really they didn’t. We stayed all 3 Days in the same room. No refund or credit was given because if our complaints. Also you hear everyone talking and walking passed your room because the walls and doors are so thin.. lastly the people next door to our room overdosed on heroin !!!!! Around 0500 am I was doing CPR and the hotel did not have an AED. 15 min later ambulance came. This place brings in the junkies because of the price yet the location is good ! We had a horrible experience and never again will we stay here .

The location of the hotel is very close to time square ! And that’s the only thing I liked about this hotel

Best economy with mini frills hotel in the City, in an ideal location. Spotless sanitation.
    • Standard Queen Room

Mini reading lamps built into wall for each bed/ Elaborate multipurpose shower wand, head, and jets. Heavy use of tile on floors and walls . . . even faux marble. bed and bath linens way above average

We like the location. The room is small and clean. The staff did their best to accomodate us.
    • Standard Triple Room

It's an old building. It's expected that it won't really offer much. The internet doesn't really work. The safety deposit box as well.

The location. Location, location, location. Just a few blocks from Times Square.

The photos are nothing like the actual place. It was run down, pokey and overpriced.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The tiny room, lack of heat during freezing weather, tony, thin towels, tiny lift, narrow corridors, cold wind coming through windows

The location Doonas were warm

Disgusting place. It’s rotten and no one should stay there
    • Standard Twin Room

I’m so disappointed with booking.com for having such hotel on your website. False advertising of how the rooms look and I paid almost $1000 for 2 nights for a rubbish place. Staff and the owner were not helpful too. Rooms are old and heating was not working. Toilet always blocked and instead of unblocking it they told us we use too much toilet paper so we stayed with a blocked toilet. Refused to give us a refund to book another hotel. Felt unsafe too, someone forced their way into the safe room at reception and stole luggage and valuables. There’s no security just the unhelpful receptionist. We were told to speak to the owner who lied and disguised himself as a receptionist. He kept telling us the owner will come speak to us and he never came.

Great l
    • Standard Queen Room

The room had terrible lighting. The comforters provided looked like they belonged in a little girls room.

Staff was great and extremely accommodating. Our room was cleaned up for us and bed was made daily which I personally love and appreciate. There was also a small elevator in the building which is pretty nice considering a lot of places in NYC are walk ups.

Small. Dirty. No desks or place to hang clothes. It was horrible. Would never ever stay there again.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was pitifully small with a tv the size of a piece of paper. No storage drawers. No closet for clothes. It looked run down and filthy. I would never go there again

Close to all the action.

The staff was very nice and accommodating!
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff was very nice and accommodating! My friend and I arrived a few hours before check in and the staff let us complete check in paper work and leave our bags so we could explore the city.

Nothing but the location, it was easy to approach Time...

I will not recommend this property... also over-priced with no facilities at all. Room was smelly. Toilet not updated and had to open window for ventilation :(

Nothing but the location, it was easy to approach Time Square.

Staff was very friendly
    • Standard Queen Room

The doors need sweepers to keep the sound from coming in the room. We could hear every single little sound in the hallway in our room.

Staff was very friendly

Manhattan Broadway Hotel served its intended purpose as an affordable hotel in mid-town Manhattan.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was worn looking with tacky plastic waste baskets and an orange plastic stand for suitcases that could have doubled for one of those contraption you put on a floor to designate, "Caution, Wet Floors." The room did not look at all like the pictures. The flatscreen TV was the smallest TV in any room I have stayed in. The room itself was quite small, but that is to be expected in NYC.

Staying in this hotel is all about the location. It is simply a great location. The staff came as advertised, helpful and friendly, and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Also, it has a very convenient luggage room where you can stow your luggage until it time to go to the station/airport.

Underwhelming at best!
    • Standard Queen Room

We had problems with the booking due to payment being taken at the time of booking and a later problem with the card used having to be replaced. As a result we were out of pocket the full amount for the entire length of our stay as we were unable to check in until the full amount was paid again and the refund taking a full five days to go through. The room was dirty & tired, there was no free WiFi, the staff were rude.

The only good thing about this hotel was the central location between Madison Square Garden and Times Square.

For the price, it was worth it!
    • Standard Queen Room

It was very outdated. Not many tv stations to watch. It was hard to keep the room a good temperature. The pillows were flatter than a pancake! Rooms are a bit small.

I loved how convenient the hotel was to all of the top places we wanted to visit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bed was actually very comfortable. For the most part, I thought it was pretty clean.

Nothing really, couldn't find another hotel in area.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room and bathroom, no closet,rusted lights in bathroom, no dresser, little TV no cable. Needed a heater. Tiny elevator.wouldn't stay or recommend this place.

Nothing really, couldn't find another hotel in area.

Comfortable, clean (albeit, a little strange looking) room!
    • Standard Twin Room

It wasn't a big deal to pay $2 for baggage storage when I checked out of the room, but it's good to know!

Staff service was great. Room was strange looking, but clean and very comfortable. Temperature in room was warm enough and comfortable, on below freezing days. Baggage storage was convenient.

Room was very clean, staff was excellent and helpful,and...

Explained above

Room was very clean, staff was excellent and helpful,and wifi was better than I expected. The bed wasn't very comfortable but it did have plenty of blankets and 4 good pillows, the also had a small space heater which was nice as it was pretty cold and rainy in NYC that night. I looked hard and could not find a piece of lint or any hair anywhere in that room and I saw no evidence of bugs...So I'm giving this hotel a good rating.

Not worth the money they charged for sure this was over priced
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed was high in the middle and low on tha sides, so Iended up against the tiled cold wall. The room was so narrow your suit case was always in the way of going to the bathroom, also the bathroom was real funky. The pocket size mirror was hanging with a piece of string, the sink wouldn't dry cause the water just stayed at the bottom, and the day we checked out the toilet wouldn't flush, the towels were so old thin, small and ruff For $220.00 a nite this was the worst. The staff were nice

Location only

Nightmare!
    • Standard Queen Room

None of the pictures it doesn’t respond of the reality. Bugs, dirty sheets, horrible smell. Old furniture I still don’t want to believe. THE WORST HOTEL THAT I’VE EVER BEEN. Please someone need to go and do regular check or something, I don’t know, awful hotel, really!

Unbelievable, disgusting and disappointed. I didn’t like anything, I wish I could rate less!

Amazing location
    • Standard Twin Room

rooms were a bit smaller than we'd have expected but still nice and the bathroom was lovely which is the main thing!

Rooms were standard, nothing to fault, but location is amazing!! Basically take 10 steps from the hotel and you're in the middle of Times Square - incredible!

Absolutely Horrible!!
    • Standard Twin Room

This service was absolutely discusting!!! The room on the website does not look like the room i received. They gave me a room with old a old bunk beds in it. They would not allow my guest in my room,because a friend of a guest was attacked prior. Myself and other guest were in the lobby complaining about the cleanliness of the hotel and they did nothing. My sheets were dirty,and the rooms were soo cold. I am completely dissappointed with this.. they should not be allowed to post false pics of the rooms on your website!

Nothing at all!!

Good value for money
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning was very loud and the windows in the bedroom were screwed shut

Perfectly positioned for all highlights, Old hotel but superbly clean

Good location, everything else... Not so good.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was way too small, door kept sticking, the window looked onto a brick wall, the room was very hot and the a/c was not in a good position and did not really work. The facilities can be barley called basic. The price is a rip off for what you actually get, your definitely paying for the location with this place.

The location was excellent as well as the front desk staff.

Small room, fantastic bed, helpful staff, good location, dark but cozy room.
    • Standard Twin Room

On of the windows couldn't be opened - very little light - almost none came into the room. It was quite loud on my floor.

The bed was like a cloud - on of the best I ever had. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would love to come back.

Warm, stuffy room but that shouldn't put people off from staying here - the location was great
    • Standard Queen Room

Room very warm at night and very basic facilities in room (small wardrobe for two people, no mirror - just one in the bathroom)

Very friendly staff, great location, nice big bed

The rooms were clean
    • Standard Twin Room

Dont stay at this hotel. It is not even a one-star hotel and it's not worth the money which they charge! The pictures of the hotel rooms on Booking.com are misleading. The rooms are tiny and are run down; hallways are narrow, floors in the building are not even straight! The lift had a horrid smell of urine in it, the hairdryer did not work, there were holes in the linen, light bulbs in the room did not work, there was no heater in the room and it was cold! For wifi, the hotel charges an extra $5 per day, but the connection is slow and kept on cutting out. In the evenings, there was so much noise from people walking up and down the corridors and the noise of drums beating from the adjacent building was loud. I wanted to immediately cancel my reservation to go to another hotel, but the hotel insisted that I must pay for two nights as a cancellation penalty (they had taken a pre-authorisation on my bank card via booking.com) This is not even backpacker accommodation. It is simply a dismal place.

The rooms were clean