Reviews of Manor Inn College Station 3 stars

2504 Texas Avenue South, College Station, TX 77840, USA

#25 of 33 hotels in College Station

Disappointed. I would not stay there again.
    • Quadruple Room

I was an active duty Air Force officer for 22 years, and I have stayed in hotels and motels all over the US and overseas... This is a $75 per night motel that's charging $200 per night when the local university has college football games. We booked 2 rooms and stayed 2 nights, and our total cost was $800. It's simply not worth it. It's way overdue for a makeover from top to bottom. I should've taken pictures, because the pictures online are misleading. My wife and children could not believe what we paid to stay there. Additionally, we went to breakfast at 8:30 am, and they were out of most everything -- no bananas, no bacon or sausage, no biscuits, no apple juice.. We informed the staff, and they simply said, "We're out."

We had two connecting rooms, and we kept the door open between the two rooms. That was very convenient. The beds were comfortable, and the a/c units worked well, so we slept well. There's also a Kettle Restaurant, Arby's, and a Fuzzy's Tacos within a one-minute walk from the inn.

The front desk staff (Lena) was very helpful when we...
    • Classic Quadruple Room

Smoking rooms, outdoor entry to rooms.

The front desk staff (Lena) was very helpful when we realized we were getting a smoking room. Since there were no non-smoking rooms available when we checked in, we couldn’t stay there due to our family’s allergies to smoke. Lena called her supervisor and was given authorization to refund our money minus $50 to cover the fee hotel has to pay booking.com because we made reservation through their online service. Booking.com took no responsibility for giving us a smoking room without our knowledge. Their website did not specify that hotel had smoking rooms and did not give me the option to choose which type of room I wanted.

Will not be back. BED BUGS!!
    • Quadruple Room

The staff started off a lil rude. Couldn't find my reservation. Room was ok but doesn't look like what's on the website. Apparently they have bed bugs because I have bites all over my back. Highly disgusted.

Good location. Hot tub was nice.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I love that the rooms were neat, clean and cozy.
    • Quadruple Room

Vending machine was out of order

I love that the rooms were neat, clean and cozy. The breakfast was fresh and fulfilling. It was mostly quiet, no disturbance

Overall it was good. The price was right.
    • Quadruple Room

The pillows were very hard and uncomfortable. Also the pool seemed to b drty because of a film over the water.

The room was large and bed was comfortable. The jiacuzzi was great.

Excellent location, excellent staff, excellent value for...
    • Quadruple Room

Older hotel, but very clean and comfortable and they have updated the bathrooms.

Excellent location, excellent staff, excellent value for the money, excellent availability. We will definitely stay there again and already have plans to do so.

This motel is not worth the money!!!
    • Quadruple Room

Our "non-smoking" room wreaked of cigarette smoke, we found trash in a corner from previous travelers, the bathroom was so EXTREMELY small and humid, the water pressure was so strong that it felt like someine had turned on a sprinkler everytime we took a shower...water went everywhere in that tiny bathroom! Awful, NEVER again!!!

The location is great—Texas Avenue runs in front of Texas...
    • Quadruple Room

The room doors open to the parking lot, and that can get nosy. If you’re a light sleeper, you’re going to wake up. If you’re a heavy sleeper, you’ll be fine.

The location is great—Texas Avenue runs in front of Texas A&M’s main campus entry (the Systems Building entrance). Campus is maybe a five minute drive away, but so is Highway 6. I probably wouldn’t walk it, as Texas Ave. is pretty heavily traveled, but I did see a bus stop and people biking. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and prompt. The mini fridge and microwave (in each room) were really wonderful, as leftovers could be refrigerated and heated up for lunch.

The room was cheap.
    • Quadruple Room

They failed to mention online that bringing a dog would add $40 per night to the room. Would not offer a refund after booking. 3 people was only $56 per night but an animal added $40. We checked in and got to the room at 10:30 pm then had a child crying in the room next to us for hours. Thin walls. The ac fan motor would barely turn so the air was cold but did not fill the room so it was hot all night. At 5am, someone’s car horn started going off for about 5 minutes and disturbed us yet again. While trying to walk the dog in the morning there was a crew working at the back of the hotel on a tower and they cat called my wife. This seems like a lot to happen in a one night stay and I agree. This was the worst experience I’ve had at a hotel and I stay at quite a few. Never again for this place.

The room was cheap. It was close to where I needed to be the next day. Pet friendly.

It was ok. The jacuzi bathtub was great. A nice place to sit and relax would have been nice.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

There was only one chair, an office chair. No comfortable place to sit and relax.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast could have included eggs and a meat. It was sufficient. More protein would have been better

Close to restaurants
    • Quadruple Room

They keep $357 of my money for a week. Being on a budget that is a big chunk. Putting a hold on my card after I paid thru Booking.com is not acceptable.

Close to restaurants

The breakfast was lame, the room was small and the beds...
    • Quadruple Room

The breakfast was lame, the room was small and the beds even smaller. The tub would take long to drain and the water pressure was harsh. The property looked run down and the staff was rude. They charged my card before I got there and it took them 3 days to give me my money back. Everytime you get towels or stuff for room they count and make you sign for it. The only good thing was it was close to Texas A&M

well enjoyed stay when my day was through I was able to use the facility for me enjoyment .
    • Classic Quadruple Room

The pool and hot tub closing at 10 pm.

Breakfast that consisted of more than just bagels and butter . Fresh self made waffles , biscuits and gravy, cold cereal , hot oatmeal, you get the drift ...lol And they have washers and dryer you can use .

Poor service. Sketchy area.

Staff was not very accommodating or friendly. We had to be at a student check in at a&m at 3. The hotel would not let us check in 30 minutes early. When we returned to check in it took over 15 minutes for her to complete???????The location was a bit sketchy. The air did not work properly. Overall not a good experience.

Excellent, I totally recommend it.

The room was very clean and spacious. The food was actually more than I had received in the past for the same price in similar Inn's. I totally recommend it. The people in the front desk is very kind.

Liked the price compared to others, but not our best stay in CS.
    • Quadruple Room

Since all hotels in CS drastically increase prices for graduation dates, this was a lower priced option which was important for us -- the biggest issues we had were 1) that we booked in January for a stay in May and asked for rooms next door due to elderly grandparent and even after 2 additional conversations closer to the date and after fully paying 2 weeks in advance of the stay dates, they did not give us rooms near each other and 2) since the grandparent did not have a cell phone, the room phones were critical and the one in our room did not work - and was not repaired during the 3 days that we stayed.

The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. The breakfast was tasty and had plenty of options for everyone.

Yuck!
    • Quadruple Room

We did not like the dust, rust, spider, spider web, gap in room entrance door, paint peeling from walls, burn inside microwave, filthy coffee pot, shoddy patched ceiling. Make a worthwhile investment in good maintenance and deep cleaning for God's sake.

Close proximity to TAMU, adequate parking area.

Friendly staff, convenient location.
    • Quadruple Room

Bit of an older hotel, vis-a-vis the room decor, facilities, etc., though it served its purpose just fine for a weekend stay.

Friendly staff, convenient location.

Great stay

The breakfast was said. It’s more of a cold breakfast than anything. The only thing they had hot was the biscuits and gravy. Other guess was playing music loudly didn’t have no consideration for others which pissed me off. Hotel need to put a sign up about loud music.

I love the the hotel was about 5 min away from the softball field maybe less. Loved that my room had a couch that I can sit on I read of always having to sit on a bed or chair.

Manor Inn is a really good value at an excellent location. Pool is available
    • Quadruple Room

Parking lot in surrounding areas is a little iffy. Watch out for some pretty significant potholes as you leave the area

Good value for the money. Pleasant staff. Water bottles and bags of chips available which was a nice touch. Great location at SW Pkwy/TX Ave. Would definitely stay there again

The staff was very helpful with issues I had.
    • Quadruple Room

It looked like they had served scrambled eggs and bacon in the past (the labeled heating trays were still there), but they only had a waffle machine for hot food.

Room was quiet. I also liked being able to park in front of the room. No dark hallways: all rooms open to the outside.

Price , front desk had great customer servie n the bed was...

The room had bad smell . To many construction workers drinking on the property n up past 3 am

Price , front desk had great customer servie n the bed was great...

Best money spent for hotel stay.
    • Quadruple Room

Maybe more hot items on breakfast

The location is right in middle of anything you need. The price for the night is half of the hotels 3 miles away.. breakfast is included, beds are comfortable and you would be stupid to pay double.

NOT A RECOMMENDED STAY!!
    • Quadruple Room

Everything. The pool isn't year round which the online add said it was, they serve the exact same thing everyday for breakfast the lady Judy was so rude to me. And my children.

Other than being in the.heart of the city there is nothing good about this hotel. The receptionist at night is very polite but the day shift is rude and not at all well manored.

good overall
    • Quadruple Room

There was a bit of a dingy smell and behind fridge bed n drawers was very dirty and lots of dust or moldy stuff im not sure but was gross when i reached to plug my phone in

Great location comfortable beds and great for the price

We we're approached by someone when I was checking in my...
    • Quadruple Room

We we're approached by someone when I was checking in my son was in the car he is 18 . A woman drove right up the the driver side got out and knocked on the window wanting money. I was in easy all night because I worried about my car

My stay

I didn't like that our rooms weren't ready by 3 but understand they had 2 people quit that morning... Also they need to clean behind the little night stands..i reached to connect my phone and it was disgusting and smelled like moldy.

I like where it was and what it looked like for the price i paid.

Great location, clean beds pretty inexpensive
    • Quadruple Room

It wasn’t busy and they stuck us right next door to some very loud, “smokers!” Bathrooms paInt was peeling kinda yuck.

Great location, clean beds pretty inexpensive

Good for the price

How there was a door between rooms and the shower head was not right all the way

It was good when I called they where nice. Breakfast was good ok was good

Good, for the price.
    • Quadruple Room

The property for the most part was clean in the areas that count. Bed, bathroom and shower for the price you pay it was acceptable. The areas where you can improve is dusting,sweeping, and housekeeping in general. Again, for the price I paid I guess, you get what you pay for.

The price was good, the area was located near a good selection of stores and restraunts. The bed, bathrooms and shower were clean.

Good location to be with your student.
    • Quadruple Room

I stayed alone and as a solo female it was a little concerning that there were some workers hanging out in the parking lot having a party of sorts. A few other People staying at the hotel were up late talking outside and a couple younger students(?) partying, but for the most part the Wales are pretty well insulated and it wasn’t too bad. I wasn’t in the room very much accept to sleep and the beds were comfortable.

After the first night, things did get better.
    • Quadruple Room

Although the breakfast choices were good, there was no meat; sausage nor bacon was offered. I did not like my first room where we had to fight bugs all night. After my complaint, I was told they would give me one of the 'better rooms'. I don't know what that meant, since all rooms should not be better rooms, but the best.

Breakfast choices were good, and the wifi was great. We loved the location as we were attending a training at the university near by, and various restaurants were also in close proximity.

A good place and value for the price.
    • Quadruple Room

We've stayed here before, but without a cockroach. I'll give the benefit of a doubt here because we've used this motel in the past and don't anticipate seeing another.

A good value for the price. We use it whenever we're in town. There's a 24 hr restaurant right next door and several other restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was good.

We enjoyed our stay very much & plan to go back in 2 yrs when our grandson graduates from A&M.

Nothing that I can think of.

Staff great, very clean, pet friendly, very easy access to A&M College Station Reed Arena for our granddaughters graduation. 24 hour restaurant with good food located next door.

Horrible!
    • Quadruple Room

Where do I start... 1. Breakfast was old and out dated. 2. Everything was outside. 3. We had roaches in our room. 4. We had roaches in our room. 5. Breakfast was old and out dated.

I like the location!

The staff was great very friendly
    • Quadruple Room

The beds were hard and uncomfortable The parking lot was very small and no security The toilet didn’t flush completely There wasn’t enough towels in room I booked 4 people and had to go get an extra towel twice

The staff was great very friendly

It was cheap and surprisingly clean.

There are no gates or security. It's still a cheap and nice hotel. The hot tub was not clean but if that was the biggest problem then it's fine.

It was cheap and surprisingly clean. I was impressed with how fresh the room was considering the low price. Everyone was friendly.

Great value for the money and I will definitely stay there again.

Breakfast sucked....we went in to have breakfast Sunday morning since the receptionist that checked us in day before said breakfast was "worth eating". There was only bisquits and gravy, cereal, juice and coffee. We were very disappointed but thank goodness the Kettle is next door. Fabulous breakfast there....

Clean room, comfy bed, good channels on TV.

Good value for quick overnight stay
    • Quadruple Room

This is a motel not to be confused with a hotel. It was fine for the value and for our purposes. We just needed a place to stay after the Aggie game. We didn’t need a place to lounge around.

We did not eat the breakfast because Fuzzy’s Tacos is next door and they have great breakfast tacos.

It was the only room available for the date booked.
    • Quadruple Room

small rooms and bathroom. towels didn't smell freshly cleaned, beds too small and VERY uncomfortable. We were woken up several times during the night by noisy teens running the sidewalk.

It was the only room available for the date booked. I am thankful we had a place to stay.

I like the location, and have stayed there several times in...
    • Quadruple Room

This time it was a football weekend, the hotel charged my credit card a week and a half before we were to arrive without any notice. Paying what we paid, then we were asked to pay an additional $20.00 for checking in early. My experience with price and payment, stinks! We also had an issue with the hot water, my husband told the front desk, I went to get coffee and upon return there was a maintenance man in our room..... there was nothing on our door or notice in the room. This scared me, seeing someone in my room without notice!

I like the location, and have stayed there several times in the past. Hotel's location works well with plans we have with our student that attends college there in town.

Enjoyed the stay, easy in , easy out.

The shower head reminded me of riding a motorcycle in the rain. It felt like little needles hitting my skin. My son also mentioned this. Very uncomfortable, need to change it out.

Good location, around additional food, restaurants, pharmacy, etc.

Very basic hotel, OK for a few days. Much cheaper than many places in College Station.
    • Quadruple Room

The room was very humid with water along the walls and on the floor.

The room was clean and the place is well located near lots of restautants and stores.

Value for money, but far from the Ritz.
    • Quadruple Room

Room needed to be remodeled and had to deal with a few intruders (cockroaches). Shower curtain was poor design. Was impossible to avoid soaking the bathroom floor.

Staff were pleasant. Great quality internet / WiFi. Breakfast was complimentary and decent quality.

It was clean and easy to get to.
    • Quadruple Room

It was clean and easy to get to. It was close to shopping and dining facilities. The price was good for its location. I would recommend this property.

This room worked well for our purpose for a reasonable price for that weekend event.
    • Quadruple Room

Housekeeping should be made aware of the number of people staying in the room. I listed 4 staying, but we only had 3 towels and 2 packets of shampoo. The staff was definitely willing to get us more supplies, but it would have been better if we didn't have to ask.

Service was efficient and friendly. In fact, I wasn't going to arrive till after 10 p.m., so I called the office to let them know I was still coming but I wouldn't arrive till late. They made a note in their computer and our room was ready for us when we arrived. Breakfast included eggs and sausage and bacon, not just continental type fare, which I appreciated.

We probably won’t stay there again.

Our room smelled horrible. We had to go buy scented plug ins. Very run down, outdated furniture and decor. I realize this is an old hotel but it needs a facelift badly!! All of our clothes smelled like the stinky room when we got home.

I liked that we could get one night on a big game weekend. The location is wonderful!

Would not stay there again and overpriced for the condition of room which was poor
    • Quadruple Room

Room not clean, bathroom needed recalling, lamp near bed did not work, stains on comforter, breakfast on Saturday only went to 9am needs to be 10 on weekend

Smelled like mildew, and got headache from it! Never coming back

The room smelled like mildews, ac was off! So we turned on ac and left, hoping it would be better when we come back. We bought Lysol spray disinfectant. We were tired and it's was late, but I will never stay at this motel again!!!!! I woke up with a bad headache in the am.

Location was convenient to visit my daughter at Tx A&M dorm.

Was ok
    • Quadruple Room

I found what appeared to be a plastic head from razor under the sheets made me wonder about the housekeeping slept in other bed and gave it to front desk in the morning???

I only used the facility for sleeping and that was adiquate for the price

Nice place for the price we paid and great location
    • Quadruple Room

The coffee at breakfast was very weak...good if that's your preference, but not mine.

The breakfast was standard and nice set-up in the lobby. The rooms are all non-smoking which is great because the rooms don't reek of cig smoke when you walk in. The water pressure in the shower was decent but could be better because the spray was very sparse. Although the place is pet friendly there is a charge for pets and if you don't disclose it at check-in and staff do find out their policy is to charge a $250 violation charfe which is very steep, I think! The staff was very friendly and offered us a late check-out upon request. Super close to lots of restaurants, shops and Texas A&M!

Comfortable and functional for the money.

They need better / newer towels and, if they are going to offer coffee in the rooms, they need to keep the coffee & supplies replenished daily.

Basic accomodations - clean and comfortable for the price.

My stay at the Manor Inn was perfect !!
    • Quadruple Room

My room was "squeeky" clean . Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a wonderful and restful stay. I definitely will choose the Manor Inn again and again.

Very clean and peaceful!

Very clean and peaceful! The lady who was working the front desk was wonderful and was very helpful! She made sure I was in a room near the front, since I am a woman staying alone. She said that she does that for women and women with children staying alone for safety!

Not much.

Very noisy; room was stale; and some of the staff was less than helpful. The desk manager, however, was very nice.

Not much. Not sure why this facility has 3 stars.

The hotel is clean.
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel is short staff. During breakfast the receptionist was also supplying the kitchen and was not keeping up with the level of consumption because he had to do the work of at least two workers. On our second night three men were smoking cigarettes and drinking beer in the balcony.

The hotel is clean. It is an old building but is clean and we got a good rate of $74 per night.

Earned its lower stars
    • Quadruple Room

This is a lower star motel and fits that description. Our room wasn't made up while we were gone from 10 am until late night so we had no clean towels. Plus the toilet paper ran out so we used the tissues from the tissue box rather than call the front desk yet again - since we didn't realize this until after the towels were delivered. Blankets and towels are very thin but that was remedied by requesting more of each which was accommodated quickly.

The pool was nice. Although it's on a main road it wasn't too loud. The price was reasonable. It's a well used location but I felt it was fairly clean and a good price for a short stay.

When I asked for extra towels and shampoo, the young man at...
    • Quadruple Room

When we arrived, the hot tub was turned off. We had to go to the desk and ask for it to be fixed. They got it on right away. Also, I secured the room with my husband's credit card online, thinking it was all taken care of. But when we arrived, since we didn't have the physical card (my husband didn't travel with us) we were required to pay cash. This was a huge inconvenience.

When I asked for extra towels and shampoo, the young man at the desk cheerfully gave me extras of everything. Even beyond what I asked for.

Very Pleased
    • Quadruple Room

Guests down the hall were a bit loud when they came in after midnight. Not the fault of the hotel.

It was very clean, close to campus and lots of food and shopping. Wi-Fi worked great too.

Reasonable Clean Stay
    • Quadruple Room

I thought the property was a little noisy, the people did seem to quiet down before 10 pm .

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, staff was helpful. The location was very convenient and within walking distance of restaurants and other places to buy snacks and drinks.

convenient to daughter school.
    • Quadruple Room

Staff had family hanging out on property. One staff member was out back smoking and drinking beer with customers.upstairs bathroom leaking water into our room water leaking from A/C unit mold on ceiling.Was told by staff at check in that i need to give $50 deposit and would get back at check out when checking out staff said they did not know about any deposit.

close to daughters college for family orientation.

Customer service could have been better.
    • Quadruple Room

Customer service could have been better. There were no towels in our room and I had to go wait in line at front desk to check out towels for our room! Ridiculous

Was "ok" for a quick stay
    • Quadruple Room

Wi-if was down most of the time. Several light bulbs were out in our room. Front desk not as inviting. When asked for several towels I could only get 2 at a time and I had to sign of on them.

Rude
    • Quadruple Room

Do not stay here. Front desk is very rude.Dee is the rude one

Was greeted with extreme rudeness by front desk lady name Dee. I was there for a wedding. Ruined my day. Staff said there are numerous complaints with Dee. Water was turned off with no prior notice in the morning by maintenance. Mgmt was not even aware this was done. No morning shower or coffee. Would not recommend this hotel. Also, no security cameras outside. Scary.!

Sorry, not great
    • Quadruple Room

Shower curtain was inadequate for keeping the rest of the bathroom dry. Very slow flushing toilet. Room smelled musty. Very small breakfast area for the number of guests. Small page in plastic sleeve on the wall said they'd been commended by the health department several times in 2011. Probably time to take that down, or better yet, work hard to get another for 2017.

It wasn't far from where I needed to be for my conference. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly, if not entirely knowledgeable.

I hate my stay at Manor Inn
    • Quadruple Room

I hated pretty much everything. My light in the restroom kept cutting off while I was in the shower. The ice container was not clean. Bed was made poorly. The air was not cool the room was hot throughout the night.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Don' t stay here...

Staff, room, food on the stairs, cigarette butts everywhere,air not working, fridge not working, toilet not flushing, etc..

Not a single thing! Horrible experience..

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Just stay away!
    • Quadruple Room

Dirty - should have left but it was a holiday weekend! 1st night, toilet didn't work - no maintenance available in evening - desk clerk invited us to use the bathroom by the office. Other two nights, carpet near bathroom wall wet - not shower or bath run-off! Room not cleaned well, beds not made well, stairs, landings filthy, hot tub dirty -not operating correctly. Best staff member..... the maintenance guy!

The breakfast was good, the lobby was nice - good location, but beware!

Decent for the price.
    • Quadruple Room

Kinda sketchy clientele. No problems though. Always needed more towels than were provided. Had to sign for more towels each night.

Property near college. Donut shop next to property. Room was clean, older though.

Good for the Price
    • Quadruple Room

Two roaches and no conditioner with the sundries.

Room had shower with high water pressure and hot water, mini fridge including freezer, and microwave.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

A&M Graduation Price Gauging at its best

The ridiculous charge to stay one night. I've paid less for premium hotels... which this was not, by any stretch of imagination. The smell in the room was heavy with Febreze and the bottle was left on the dresser

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

No bread at the time of breakfast.
    • Quadruple Room

No bread at the time of breakfast. On requesting for bread, the answer was: it has run out. Surprising! This happened at 7.15 a.m. and the breakfast time is from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. No effort was made to get bread from a shop nearby. I have travelled to remotest parts of the world including countries in Africa, I did not come across such a situation in any hotel. On a lighter note this can happen only in the US.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

College Station
    • Quadruple Room

College town; hotel next to a Denny's, walls of the room paper thin, heard people in the parking lot most of the night, loud enough that they seemed like they were in our room....

Fair
    • Quadruple Room

The room was very humid and smelled. I would shower in the morning and come back later at night to find my towel still drenched due to the humidity. The beds were not very comfortable, and I did not like the fact that if I wanted extra towels or pillows, I had to pay for them. Also, the maid cart made a lot of noise rolling around outside, and it woke me up several times.

I liked the location of the hotel, and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Don't stay here.
    • Quadruple Room

The place is a low class dump. People partying all night, extremely noisy, couldn't sleep. Management couldn't get a handle on that. Nothing enough pillows, not enough towels for the four of us even though I paid 3 time the normal rate for 4 adults.