Reviews of Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Marco Polo Beach Resort 3 stars

19201 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160, USA

#26 of 37 hotels in Sunny Isles Beach

• Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The View was nice my room with the balcony was no good didn't give me the room that I wanted the bathroom had mushrooms on both of them very nasty I will never get a room from the hotel anymore

I’ll go elsewhere next time.
    • Partial View Double Room

The buffet breakfast was very poor quality and overpriced. I have had much better “free” breakfasts at other hotels. Unfortunately there aren’t many restaurants close by so the customer is held hostage to bad food, poor service and value. The hotel itself is old and poorly maintained. Staff were nice.

Hidden fees for everything, you end up paying a lot more than expected for a very old smelly hotel.
    • Partial View Double Room

Hidden fees, $15 resort fee, $20 parking fee, smelly rooms, breakfast location, old rooms.

Beware, It is a trap! Hiden fees everywhere, resort fee $15, parking fee $20! The building is old, rooms are smelly. Breakfast is terrible and expensive. One of the guests was robbed while I was there, police were called; managed to record a video that I will post. This hotel looks cheap online, but don't be a fool, the price you end up paying is much higher than going to the nearby Hilton.

Good
    • Partial View Double Room

The pool closes too early 8 pm doesn’t give you a change to eat and comeback. I don’t understand what’s the point of opening the deck but can’t use the pool. Many hotels open until 10 pm and some until midnight.

The room was good, didn’t know there was a kitchenette, outdated but good.

Zoran the bartender is absolutely AMAZING!
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

They shut the pool gates at 8, reasoning being non resort guests come up off the beach and ruin the property it just sucks to be shut out, also you must have a shirt on if your walking to the pool from the hotel which is different for us north carolinians! But otherwise we'll worth they stay!

Zoran the bartender is absolutely AMAZING!! one of the best bartenders around, he makes the best miami vice and karoke was really fun we were on our honeymoon and truly enjoyed the hotel overall and the restraunts within it Bianca pizzeria was delicious also!! Worth the money! Lisa, & Angelo and her reception staff also were phenomenal thanks y'all for a wonderful honeymoon❤

Balcony
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Security and Hotel staff knocking on my room door twice in one day because the guest in the lower floor was complaining and it was because the Balcony sliding door was broken. door was rusted needed w4. I paid to be comfortable, relax and enjoy. " but this wasn't the case. " :(

Balcony

Needs updated
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Bathroom wasnt clean. It took 5 rooms to find a decent bathroom. Upon finding a decent restroom we later realize the room had ants.

Location.. ocean view

Nothing is horrible , i will never book this place again ,...
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Nothing is horrible , i will never book this place again , super old and not clean at all , service awful and you can’t put music in your room low at 6pm , don’t recommended

Lot of stress. The only thing that saved this trip - ocean view.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Old, neglected facilities with a lot of maintains problems. Working staff trying their best, except of one receptionist (Jeorge). Not friendly, rude person. Check your bill - it might be double if you are 'lucky' to check in at his shift.

Convenient location for my trip purpose

Mediocre at best.
    • Partial View Double Room

The hotel is quite old and in need of serious tlc and upkeep. The restaurant server was rather rude and did not take my food allergy too seriously. Our bathtub had enamel peeling off badly and we had to use the tub mat to avoid cutting our feet. Not good for families with children to bathe.

The pool is great and it is right on the beach.

Average.

Food is average. Pool staff is rude. Charged a resort fee for each day and on the last day pool staff refused to allow me to use beach chairs even though I was charged the resort fee for the day. Staff member actually asked me to pay him and while wearing a hotel shirt that says "Pool Staff" told me they were his chairs and if I wanted to sit there I had to pay him and if I had an issue with it I could take it up with the hotel. Also, no hot water in my bathroom shower.

Very easy check in, large room, nice balcony

• Standard Room

The shower dripped,and since it is older Wyndham and Ramada share but it is only. Partially renovated. We didnt get to use resort amenities due to rain so wish we were not charged as we did not use

Bed was good, shower good, convenience good, valets and staff great!

It was an ok stay
    • Partial View Double Room

The bed was a complete brick it was hard to sleep my first two night. The couch in the hotel was dirty!!!

The shower was so nice, the pool area looked nice we never got a chance to use it. Checked out the bar area it was nice not a lot of traffic through there!

Would not stay again. I would rather pay a bit more for a room elsewhere.
    • Partial View Double Room

Service/Staff were very unfriendly from the Valet folks to the front desk. The remote did not work for the TV and it took over an hour to get someone to the room. He could not fix the problem. He was one of the only friendly people we encountered at the Hotel. Nothing really around the hotel in terms of shops/restaurants and a bit difficult to get to.

location was right on beach and they had a nice pool area. Beds were comfortable and the room had been remodeled.

Great location, awesome pool area service
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The staff in the breakfast area was awful service, evevators were unbelievably slow. I’ve machine out of order, just bad staff in general all aside from the outdoors staff at the pool. They were great

Great locations, bartenders at pool were amazing.

To all
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Upon checking at the front desk, night shift manager Lisa Pena didn’t seem too happy, she looked tired and kinda irritated. She was hesitant to answer any of my questions. The bell boy ( Max ) was super rude. Not a good welcoming facility.

The beach view.

Will not stay here again!
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

Their policy for use of beach chairs and umbrellas was ridiculous. They charge $15 per day for "Resort Fee" and then want another $20 per day to use the beach equipment. They say it is a separate concession but the equipment comes from their property and the workers are their own "Pool Staff" clearly noted on their shirts. Also the property is years overdue for painting and repairs.

Parking valet staff was excellent and our chamber maid, Carla Romero, was outstanding!

GOOD
    • Standard Room

my first night at check in we got there drop our bags ,we did requested before hand to have two room close to each other but got two room different floor ok ,we when out to eat came back my husband notice bugs in our room floor, called downstairs we change room second room was nice ,we also when to have drinks downstairs one bartender lady wasn't very nice rude at first then try to make it up to us ,didn't work for me

what I did love the beach ,pool ,cleaning lady rose is the best awesome lady !thank you rose !I always love leidy garofalo she is the best! made our check out awesome and very professional ! always wish i knew the gentle man that help us move our room that first night he was awesome as well . 'bald headed darkskin man' sorry don't know his name

Great place for the beach, the hotel needs more!
    • Standard Room

The Marco Polo was a great place to stay with a great beach and rooms. Other than that I found it lacking in in all other areas. I would love to talk with someone and sit with suggestions on how I would make it great and a destination that would be on par with other local hotels and I would be happy to discuss. All in all we love it here and would recommed.

The convenience, it is near my home and makes a great “Staycation” for a quick mini vacation.

Hotel is not worth the money. It looks nice at first but the rooms and view are horrible and I had o

The rooms need a major upgrade. Don't spend extra money on a oceanfront room and balcony. Everyone has the same view. If you want to relax in your room and enjoy it, DON'T choose this hotel.

The lobby was the only nice view.

The lobby looked gorgeous.
    • Partial View Double Room

Housekeeping missed a meth pipe in our room, my child found it. Quite disgusting! The on site parking is actually valet. I like to be informed on all aspects of my trip. The booking site doesnt say valet.

The lobby looked gorgeous. The beach was excellent. Beds were comfortable and the room was spacious.

Great value, had everthing we needed. find parking elsewhere.
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

The parking,ugh, We paid $20 a night for parking, then got a late check out and they charged us another $14 on top of the $40 and we were there less than 48hrs.!

For the location and oceanfront kingsize bedroom with fridge, cooktop, it was a great deal. Older hotel, very functioning.

I loved the view, beach, pool and staff some staff. Its a great location!!!
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

Althought i loved the mentioned above, the bathroom was not well maintain. The shower did not have any cold water and ever time you would shower the water would stay clogged up... pretty disgusting. The handles on shower were not well put. It would make a loud disturbing noise when moved trying to find cold water. The room trash from restroom was there till i left sunday. I arrived on friday and we used restroom. No one came to clean room. The sheets were stained, thankful i took my own.

I love the staff who did their best to make my duaghters party a success. The staff was very helpful! The view from room was amazing and the bed was comftable. The food was great!

Good.

I stayed in this hotel about 10 years ago, I know it went thru a lot of renovations, but bathrooms could be done better. The wake up system on hotel phone did not work, I called an operator night 12 April, very pleasant male operator assured me will call me 7am for my flight - but it never happened. DO NOT PROMISE if you can not do.

Hotel location, swimming pool and beach, lobby set up. Very convenient little kitchen with full size refrigerator. Nice room. Good working cable tv.

Should have read the reviews prior to booking.
    • Standard Room

Overall care and cleanliness was poor. Elevators, building and property are old and worn.

Location was good as well as the beach. Heritage park was a plus across the street for the kids.

location is good, they upgraded us from partial ocean view...
    • Queen Room With Partial Ocean View and Balcony

Room felt a bit dated, TV did not work, no pool noodles or flotation devices at the pool

location is good, they upgraded us from partial ocean view to full ocean view

Okay, but beware about pool hours
    • City View Room with Balcony

Several nights after time changed, pool was surrounded by guests. Sunset wasn’t until close to 8 o’clock. Hotel security would come and force everyone out of the pool at 6 o’clock pm. We’d arrived in the late afternoon thinking we could start our stay with enjoying the pool but were disappointed.

We liked being a short walk from the beachfront.

It was right on the beach and had a pool and fitness center.
    • Partial View Double Room

Well the overnight manager was very nasty. The beds seemed as if they were broken they made a noise almost everytime we sat on them. I HATE the valet it’s pointless and very time consuming.

It was right on the beach and had a pool and fitness center.

We love the service given by Kevin, Marco , , what we did...
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

We love the service given by Kevin, Marco , , what we did not like, is that we would of have to pay for chair at beach and umbrella that would have been nice to know before we book on the web site they show them so we assumed it was free like every where else we go. Also in the room they give you 2 regular coffee and 2 decaf we where there for 10 days and it took 9 days for them to finally listen to us and put 4 regular coffee ,every day we would have to ask them for regular coffee ,we use to tell them we love our coffees but not decaf and they would always says they would call downstairs and they would replace them , but unless we went down to tell them ourselves ,we would not get them. Windows in room are old and should be replace, dressers in rooms are old and should be replace before someone get badly hurt ( drawers when we open them they come off and fall) , the staff at service desk and the staff who does valet parking even if we did not have a car they where always with a smile and very nice to us. We did enjoy are 10 days but we feel if you do these few changes it would encourage us to give your name to others.\ Thanks Pierrette Dorego and Nancy Delorme

Will not go back there only if I have no choice
    • Partial View Double Room

Old old property. Need to ranovtion ASAP The food in the restaurant is very poor nothing was good about this place

Nothing to like. This place need Renovacion immediately

Horrible trip
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Horrible customer service. We reserved 4 rooms, but they only had one available for us at the time we arrived. The reason was so simple..."we are sold out", there was no phone calls, no message before the arrival. They sent us to a different hotel, they offered that night for free. However, we rather pay than having unpacking stuff at the other hotel, and pack again the next day to move back to that hotel. One of the room, the bed was fail on the floor when we came.

On the beach, heated swimming pool

A perfect place to relax and enjoy the sunshine.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

We had dinner at the restaurant the last night of our stay. It was a good dinner with the service was slow. Had to consider the fact that there was only one server working with 5-6 tables

All of the staff was incredibly helpful and kind. The view from our room was just incredible and having access to the beach was perfect! The breakfast was delicious and was not expensive.

Interesting location near Miami.
    • Partial View Double Room

The attention to details is somewhat lacking but the staff is helpful and responsive to requests.

We knew this was an old hotel that had been refurbished. Ramada Marco Polo is in a great location, has a very nice pool and a good beachfront. It is an 11 story hotel surrounded by giant new hotel towers. The lobby is very nice but the restaurants leave a lot to be desired. Our rooms were clean and comfortable; silky bed sheets, comfortable mattress and great towels. The remodeling that has been done is hit and miss and there were details that needed attention but all in all it was a great value and we would definitely stay there again.

Expensive, also even on beach you had to pay daily for beach chairs and umbrella!
    • Queen Room With Partial Ocean View and Balcony

One day we didn't receive any housekeeping service at all and after four phone calls to both front desk and housekeeping they finally brought us clean towels and paper needs at 11pm at night!

Buffet breakfast very expensive especially with 17% gratuity and 9% tax added to everything you buy at resort!

The location was nice and the heated pool was great because...
    • Partial View Double Room

The room wasn’t clean (especially the bathroom). We had kitchen but we could not use it properly because the equipment was terrible. Also we could not open the window because it was broken and I dont think anyone will fix it.

The location was nice and the heated pool was great because the weather wasn’t perfect.

Horrible service. Horrible stay.
    • Partial View Double Room

The service was horrible. they changed our room 6 times in a week. We had to pack our stuff again and again because they couldn’t find us a proper room. We always had to move oue things by ourselves because the staff was always busy and late. The parking is expensive too. I am really sad of what happened to us, their system doesn’t even tell them if the room has a kitchen or not. One night, our room had many big red bugs in it, which was even more frustrating! We didn’t sleep well, we were always moving our stuff to another room. We lost our vacations doing that.

The pool and beach were great and our morning breakfast and...
    • Partial View Double Room

For two days they worked on our bath room finally had to move to another room that had 1 small bed and was in dis repair Had to eat out at night and no restaurants in walking distance. They did discount us for one night because of room

The pool and beach were great and our morning breakfast and waiter was great

Staff was nice, but to hotel is to expensive. Hotel is worth half of what we paid. Not happy.
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Outdated and really run down. Faucet in the shower was broke and had to get that fixed, toilet kept backing up, sliding door to balcony needs to be fixed, curtains are torn, toaster didn't work asked for new one and never received, pool security didn't treat us like we were a guest. we would purchase drinks from the outside bar and they would make sure that is were we purchased them from. Resort is very over priced and my wife and i have said that we will not stay there again or recommend this to anyone.

Pool, ocean and location. Staff was pleasant, valets were really nice and accomodating.

Great location!
    • Standard Room

The hotel has an aweful odour to it. A mixture between rotting garbage and musty/mold. Our room had not been updated and the closet door was falling off. The microwave was falling off the shelf, the caninet would break off every time you opened the door to throw away the garbage. Some rooms are remodeled. We didn’t get one of those rooms.

Great location! The Plaza smelled terrible. Very old and stinky. Some rooms are remodeled which look nice. We got a room that was falling a part and not remodeled yet, it was very rough. Otherwise the staff was awesome. They do add gratuituy’s to everything though so watch that part. The pool was gorgeous and ocean side. And the beach gorgeous!

The management doesn't care and neither should you.
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The kitchen stove didn't work nor there any pans. Windows don't open at all. The faucet in the bathroom is a tiny trickle of water. Instead of three days, I moved out after the first night. Stay away.

It was the worst of all my vacations.
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

Room with broken a/c had to sleep with windows open for two nights till they changed us to another room. Bathroom leaks i would wake up with the bathroom floor flooded. Refrigerater dont work. After we got changed from the room were given a room that smelled like sigars and not only that every time the people next door started smokeing weed we were able to smell it everytime they turned one on we had to spend most of our room because all the smell came thru the a/c and not only that we would go to the hallway and we were able to smell it there too its not the hotels falt but had to mention it.

We enjoyed out two night stay, the staff was great and the beach was lovely.
    • Partial View Double Room

We requested a unit with a kitchen because we prepare our own meals due to diabetes and food allergies. The cookware was lacking a skillet and a pan of any kind to use in the oven . We were disappointed to find out that paper towels were not a furnished item even for units with kitchens, not an item I would normally pick up or bring from home. Dish towels were also missing as was detergent and a dish scrubber/sponge, these items were brought to us when requested. I was also disappointed to find out the pool area is open to the public.

The bed was nice and comfy. The room was clean, plenty of towels and a good TV.

Quite old Hotel, old smell, directly at the beach which is...
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Quite old Hotel, old smell, directly at the beach which is nice, but way off the Center / Downtown, in the end an acceptable relation between Price and what you get for. But not more.

Kevin at the pool bar was a great bartender and Sussanna and...
    • City View Room with Balcony

What I didn't like was the little "Chicas" that ran through the hotel at night; screaming, banging on the hotel doors. Playing "tag" in and out of the elevator and stairwell unsupervised by the very young chaperones. Not once but TWO different event tour of over 200 girls! Pool staff constantly ran out of towels also.

Kevin at the pool bar was a great bartender and Sussanna and the pool service was very friendly. Elizabeth at the front desk was extremely professional and helpful as was Leidy. Angelo was very cheerful at the concierge desk also. And Benito with maintance was polite and very sufficient when he fixed my non-working sliding glass door.My room was cleaned properly by the housekeeping staff

The staff was not very helpful and gave conflicting info.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

We were told beforehand that we could check in early based on availability but when we got to the hotel we were told they don’t do early check and and we had to wait over two hours in the lobby for our room.

Room was clean and the price was good for the stay.

Good work Staff
    • City View Room with Balcony

hotel was a little farther from the beach than I had anticipated.

staff was great.. leidy and her I went above n beyond to return my cell phone!! Fantastic work..ladies!

Most likely will not return
    • Partial View Double Room

I did not like the $20 per day parking, especially since someone stole a pack of Polo tshirts and Hanes tank tops out of my vehicle, they were in a TJ MAXX bag. I purchased them on Friday, and planned to take them back but they went missing out the car on Saturday.

I liked that the hotel had a beach area with views from the pool area!

Things we liked and things we didn't- will not return to this resort
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Beds were stiff, they kept running out of pool towels, the pool staff was badgering and unaccommodating. $20 per day car parking charge is steep and management was uncaring about concerns.

Ocean View room was nice, beach was nice, location to airport was good

I was on my honeymoon
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

The people were nice. The view was incredible. There were a few things not so perfect. When we arrived at 11pm we waited for a cart which never came so my new bride from that morning waited in the lobby with our bags, just in case someone decided they wanted some free stuff, while I made 2 trips to the room to the 8th floor. Our ice machine was out on the 8th floor. My wife went to get some from downstairs and was told she had to pay for it. She gave them a piece of her mind and didn't have too. It took me 2 hrs to calm her down from that stupidity. Thank you for that headache, dear resort. The parking I don't understand. The hotel is on the main road so they have no parking. So you have to pay 20.00 a day for valet parking. Now, the guys doing the parking are great and very nice and they get your car pretty fast for you from across the street in the parking garage, but they are contractors from another company so the hotel isn't responsible for any damage or theft of your vehicle. That's all great for the owner of the company that is making a killing off hiring a contractor for parking and also making a killing off valet fees, but it's at the guests expense. I was never informed of any of that when I booked my room and still never told. My wife saw the sign in the hotel the day we checked out. This is just kind of cheesey for a resort hotel. Smart though on their part. They are banking off of it. Oh, also. A regular can of Coors light costs me $11.00. WOW!!!! The balcony's are nice and fenced off from your neighbors at about 2 feet high. Any one can jump your rail and come to your balcony. I didn't like that. Also, really didn't like my neighbor coming outside in his underwear to smoke his cigar. Seriously?? All in all it was a nice hotel. I don't think I would stay there again, basically just because of the parking situation.

The room was awesome. Pool was awesome. Fitness center was very adequate for a vacation

FILTHY
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

FILTHY ROOM, Tub plug not working,No room safe as promised, YELLOW water! TV had dozens of wires hanging off the wall, A constant noise like a humming that never stopped. I reported all issues 3 times and FINALLY they scrubed the bathroom.Had to ask for sheets to be changed after 5days!! YUCK!!!! Wiped the floor with towels...see photo of the dirt! Will never book thru you again.

Location was ok except they were doing nighttime street work and I had to drives MILES around and around to get in!

Don't stay here - it is in the worst of condition and totally unacceptable for the price.
    • Queen Room With Partial Ocean View and Balcony

The rooms are absolutely disgusting, grungy, antiquated, maybe even mold on trims, rusty toilets... one of the worst hotel rooms I can recall staying at and I am a frequent traveller. No money being spent on room or lobby or hallways, just totally a uncomfortable.

The view of the ocean.

Not what I expected wish my stay could of been better.
    • City View Room with Balcony

The smell in room and refrigerator. the valley was horrible to 45 minutes to get my car the TV had issues with it . And the air conditioner was stuck it would not blow cold air or hot air had to open a window only the middle window opened the other to windows were closed shut .

The beds where ok

My stay was the worst part of my birthday trip! Everything else was amazing!
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

When I got there I was told the room I booked (ocean front king room) was sold out. I had already prepaid for the first night. The night manager stated (after I asked how I’d be accommodated for the inconvenience) that we’d receive free breakfast & the $15 a night resort fee would be waived. She said we’d be in an ocean front room for sure on Saturday morning & to come back at check out time to get thw new room. Still unsatisfied I asked what else could be done & was told to see the general manager the following morning. When we got to our room that night it had a smell to it & the carpet was dirty. Already pissed off at the people at the front desk I decided to bring That to the general managers attention the next morning as well. The next morning we go to talk to the general manager & he states all That can be done about the situation has been done. (He said 15% off was taken off as well) Still unsatisfied I spoke with customer service at booking & I’m in the process of dealing with the corporate office of the hotel because I never got the room I paid for & I’m completely unsatisfied with what was offered to me!

Amenities
    • Queen Room With Partial Ocean View and Balcony

Dirty room, lights didn’t work in kitchenette, and hallway. Waited a very long time to retrieve car from valet, and I was late to my meeting.

Amenities

Location on the beach
    • Standard Room

Filthy. Food between elevator doors still there next day. Dated. Bathroom looks as if you are at a 1 or 2 star beach motel. They charge a "resort fee" for use of towels, safe, newspaper etc despite the fact that with a check in of 4pm and check out of 11am you have little time to make use of the facilities. Also the parking you pay for can only be used as of check in, hence if you arrive earlier you have a problem. They did not manage to call us when the room was available. The concept of country codes for phone numbers outside the US was too complex.

Location on the beach

Great Christmas Vacation
    • City View Room with Balcony

I didn't like that the beach chairs and umbrellas were an extra charge. The balconies were very dirty, you couldn't walk out there without coming back in with black feet. Breakfast buffet is overpriced for the food you get. We ended up just going to the store and making our own breakfast the rest of our stay which was fine because we had the kitchen. No where is free to park so sucked paying $20 for valet.

Great location on the beach. We were able to set up at both the pool and beach since my little ones preferred the pool but we loved the beach. We were able to get 2 rooms right next to each other. There was plenty of good places to eat within walking distance, we also had a kitchen to make food and big fridge. Our shower was clogged but a quick call to housekeeping and they came up and fixed it.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

good location and friendly staff
    • Partial View Double Room

My room had mildew in the bathroom, made a complaint to front desk supervisor, but nothing got done. I blamedeckingthe head of maid for not checking. Plus my room was in a very noisy location where workman was turning the sand. I came to rest, but couldn't behind the trucks moving back and forth. The bathroom was disgusted, water went down very slow in the face bowl. The concierge was very friendly and helpful. Saw the supervisor when I left and told the problem wasn't fixed and they kept apologizing. I feel I should be compensating for my room. Room 225

location on ocean
    • Partial View Double Room

very old hotel, cleanliness was subpar, construction on the beach my entire stay so you couldnt relax at the pool or walk onto the beach from the property as it was full of trucks

location on ocean

enjoyed our stay good , postion for sight seeing,or relaxing on the beach
    • Standard Room

parking is charged on top of what you pay when booking its in the small print on booking form

The property looks a little dated compared to other hotels in the area, but it was clean and comfortable ,had a lovely pool with beach access which was a lovely sandy beach and a nice restaurant

Worse management
    • Partial View Double Room

Security was the nicest people management and all other employees were RUDE.

It was a good view of the water but at least 35 minutes away from all the fun stuff on Collins.

Terrible.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Beach construction going on during our stay, we had ocean front room. It felt like we were there to work on construction. Heavy machinery and sand trucks every day.

I would not stay there.
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

The room needs major upgrade. The air conditioner was leaking. They left the wet carpet in my room. Couldn’t sit on my balcony as the next door neighbor was smoking constantly.

The staff was mice

The worse hotel I’ve been in
    • Partial View Double Room

The second day of my stay I was out of the hotel the whole day, I got back at 10:30pm and when I got to my room the door was wide open. The room was cleaned. Nothing missing. When I complaint they did not offer me anything. Not even an apology. The parking is valet only they charge 20 dollars a day plus tip every time you go the valet people ask you for a tip. I got a package delivered and they charge me 10 dolars. The last day when I was leaving it was raining heavily and the did not even offer me an umbrella. I got to the car soaking wet.

For the same money you can get better hotel. Take into account the extras (pool/beach fee, parking)
    • Standard Room

Package delivery mgmt at the hotel was awful and expensive. Carpet needs cleaning. Be careful because there are many open spaces that are under construction.

Dont try to do and early check in and check the room
    • Oceanfront King Room with King Size Bed

requested an early check-in by 2:30pm yet got there around 3pm and room still wasn't ready. Told us to wait and it would be ready before 4pm and that they would call us. Went to the pool area and no call so went to the front desk. Was told that one guest didn't check out yet and the other room wasn't ready and that they needed another 10 mins (this is 4:10PM now) Went to the supervisor at 5pm and still not ready. I explained to her that we were recently married and want a day to get away..still no help. Room was ready at 5:30PM. Only had time to go to dinner out and got back to shower and drain was clogged spewing out food. We gave up and checked out that night. no compensation or anything offered and it was the same supervisor there when we left while my wife was crying about the experience. Never again..great location and valet service but horrible front desk....they just didn't care

The view and the valet staff was great

I would not recommend this hotel

We had no air conditioner for 3 out of 4 days of our trip. Tried to relocate to a different room but I would be down graded. I would not stay there again

The hotel is in a nice area.

The location was great, right on the beach and close to...
    • City View Room with Balcony

The property is very old and outdated. The rooms have a smell of wet and damp carpet that gives it a very bad odor. The lock to the sliding door to gain access to the balcony was broken. The bathroom toilet stopped up twice, the bathtub had rust in it. I was very disappointed, considering how much we paid. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. A word of advice to the owners of this property: Do a total overhaul of this property! Location is great but the quality of the hotel is not.

The location was great, right on the beach and close to restaurants, the mall, shopping plazas.

Ramada Marco polo
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

No complimentary beach chairs. Outside bar area and pool closes extremely early

Location is excellent for beach goers. Room was clean. Great view. Staff friendly.

Great value for money on the front line
    • Standard Room

Having to pay for beach chairs and umbrelas on the beach. The beach next to the hotel was not very clean.

Having 2 queen-size beds in the room is nice. The side view room still had a beautiful taje at the sea shore. Room was clean.

Tha bed was very nice and the room was big and comfortable.

I think all was ok.

Tha bed was very nice and the room was big and comfortable. We asked for change it at first because the original smell wired and they change to another without any problem.

Convenience to shopping,cleaniest,location
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

Our room was not cheap and for day price it should of have continental breakfast included.the food prices were ridiclous.i had no telephones service In my room for the entire stay.

Convenience to shopping,cleaniest,location

Nice location
    • Partial Ocean View Room with Kitchen

The hotel needs some renovation, they only have valet parking which is 20 USD per day, it wasn't clearly indicated during the reservation process (I would have probably chosen a different place to stay if I knew). The AC in my room was very loud and only worked when switched to the lowest temperature.

Never return. No genuine concern for guest comfort or satisfaction
    • City View Room with Balcony

Unresponsive staff and negative surprises upon arrival. No cable, internet or phone which was understandable post hurricane Irma. However, TV was not operational to plug in laptop and management agreed to correct twice during 4 day stay and never did. Asked for a few extra pillows and none received. Required to Valet part at $22 per day (no other option and was not informed until arrival). Asked for lowest floor possible and was on 9th floor which is very top. Musty moldy smell throughout hall and room and when brought to management attention they said they would have someone spray the room.

location was good

Memorial weekend.
    • Standard Room

Booked two room, only one car used but was charged valet parking for two cars and never got refunded pack the $ 40.00 over charged. Limited umbrellas at the pool.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and definitely come here again!
    • Oceanfront Queen Room with Balcony

In general, the hotel needs some renovations and some rooms need it more than others do. I hope hotel manager will come up with some ideas how to do that despise timeshare holders unwillingness to renovate. ;) I think Elly from the pool deck really needs help in the morning. It is difficult to get umbrella before 10am. I would suggest to give them carte for umbrellas and at least let guests get them from there. Because it is hard for one person to fold all towels + sign in guests + run around and give everybody umbrella when you have to be at your station all the time. In addition, other pool deck staff needs to understand that they work FOR guests to feel comfortable during the vocation. I find it’s not right when at 6-7pm (the pool closes at 8pm) they start to fix pool chairs and ask guests to move.

Of couse location of Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort is the best! First line right on the beach, 5 min by car or 15 min by bus/walk to Aventura Mall with all kinds of attractions. BUT the main assets in this Hotel - People! The staff is very friendly and always tries to help you. We miss this place already! Last vacation was wonderful! Huge thanks to front desk managers Maria Castro and Delilah Amaro, Elizabeth Diaz, Bryan Martinez from porter service, Mary from lobby housekeeping, Stella from restaurant, Elly from pool (hope you have more help in the morning) & all the rest of the hotel stuff (sorry I don't know all names). I would like to say personal thank you to Sergio Valdez - you made us feel very welcome and vacation special! ;) PS: We watched weather news every day. Our hearts ♥ were with all of you guys. We are very glad that you all are safe! Hope to see you all next vacation!