Reviews of Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino (Free Parking) This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

3500 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169, United States of America

#155 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

N/a
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Hotel is more like a motel, rooms dark and dated,remote for tv did not work ,someone was comming to check but never arrived. One of our party is a double amputee we made it known when booking but we were placed on 3rd floor with a raised slope/ramp leading to room

N/a

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Meh- ok for the price, but it really wasn't.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The breakfast buffet was a basic continental breakfast at most places that is free of charge, to charge 10 dollars is ridiculous. The neighborhood was sketchy, there were actual prostitutes around the property. The "casino" was a few rows of slot machines and not at all what was portrayed in the pictures and description of the property.

The beds were comfortable. It was close to the strip

A nice stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It's just too far from the Strip. You either can take the shuttle offered by the hotel or Uber.

Nice hotel with 24h restaurant and casino. Hotel offers free shuttle to the Strip. Good breakfast for almost $10 per person.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Noisey and smells of smoke
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Very dated all around, elevator is on its last legs. Room smelled of smoke even though it’s a non smoking room and the noise from the road and other guests is loud.

Location was okay, beds were comfy and room was big

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Excellent value for money, central location, spacious room...
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The lift was old and scary, I found it hard to carry my bags up to the third floor.

Excellent value for money, central location, spacious room and easy to park

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Good price and clean.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

It was noisey on Friday night. You could hear the shower from the room upstairs. Some guests were noisey coming home. The neighbourhood was not so good in the night.

Good price and clean. Good pool. Comfortable bed. Good location near monorail.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

The down side of Las Vegas
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Problem with no lights, which they corrected Problem with the toilet which was blocked prior to any use Problem with other guests who were attending vintage muscle car show. Starting engines outside my room and letting them run for ten minuets at 5am

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Front desk associate from hell.
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The lady that checked us in was an idiot. She charged my card again after I had already paid online. She told me that she had to charge my husband's card cause the reservation was in his name. I was the one that made the reservation with my card, and she could have overdrawn our account because I didn't get refunded for the first charge until 5 days later. Plus she was rude and insisting that she was right, and she was totally wrong. The other Hispanic women were great.

I liked that it was close to the strip. Also that they had a restaurant in the hotel too.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

NO WiFi at all in our room and very poor within the whole...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

NO WiFi at all in our room and very poor within the whole property. Staff couldnt Care less. Night Shift especially rude (older Guy). With Checkout they plain ignored our (Second) Claim. But: Diner staff and cleaning Team were really cute. Quite Clean and nice Pool. More Motel-style. Why ist there Only a fridge in the Kitchen area?

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Wouldn't recommend and wouldn't stay here ever again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Well, I should have probably forked out an extra 10-20 dollars a night at a different, better hotel. I usually stay at economy hotels or inexpensive places and have good experiences with no complaints, not the case with this location. I know its Vegas but the lobby, casino and restaurant area was pretty much in the same area which all smelled like cigar or tobacco, very strong. I did not want to eat there while we stayed here, I can't stand that smell. Room was very outdated. First night I had to kill about 6+ crickets in the room. Room was not very welled cleaned. Housekeeping all they did was just the bed as nothing else seemed to have been cleaned properly. By the time we left, trash cans were overflowing as they were never emptied. Room was very limited on the TV channels. Cold water faucet was broken and fixed until the third day we were there. When we went to look at the swimming pool it didn't seem clean. No coffee, no complimentary water in the room, no nothing. Ugly looking towels. I wouldn't recommend this place and would not stay here again.

Location, it was close to many of the places we were planning on visiting. That's about the only thing we liked. I can't think of anything else that I liked.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Dayana received us in a friendly and professional manner.
    • Queen Room with Pool View

The water in the tub was draining very slow and the water pressure in the toilet was extremely slow

Dayana received us in a friendly and professional manner..always smiling at all times.. that’s what you look for when you walk into any facility

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

The rooms are pretty big.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The shuttle bus overheated and left us on the strip had to take a taxi back. We had no warm water at nights, don’t know why!

The rooms are pretty big. The pool was very clean, I believe is a smoking area, didn’t like the fact that people were always smoking and I had to leave with my kids. Everything else was great!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

the front desk staff was not helpful, they were rude every...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

the front desk staff was not helpful, they were rude every time you would ask a question they would just stare... take a deep breathe and answer you....this was to the men I was attended on my day I as leaving by a woman and she was sweet friendly and most helpful . how front office staff should be

mallen
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

If I could have stayed longer.

I liked the service and quality of the property and the access the shuttle offers you don't even need transportation.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

We arrived a little early (room available at 3pm) but they...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Staff at the reception could have been more polite, I hope it was only because of the electric breakdown due to a sand storm and not their usual conduct.

We arrived a little early (room available at 3pm) but they allowed us to use all the facilities (laundry and swimming pool). We could so recover well and by the time we had our room, we were again in good shape. Thank you.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Staff was horrible. Was waiting in line and a couple went in front of us and the staff did not say anything and assisted them first. Bad customer service. Also booking.com mentioned that wifi everywhere but in our room reception was so horrible you cannot connect to the internet.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Big and comfortable room,with a little living room area,...
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

WiFi did not work in the room

Big and comfortable room,with a little living room area, also a fridge. Lovely pool area where you can also have drinks. Also made use of the free shuttle service to and from the strip. Great value for money and would stay again if ever in vegas, highly recommend

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

The room itself was ok.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

The rooms say no smoking, but the room smelled like cigarettes. The bed was also uncomfortable. The tv only had about 7 channels. You could also hear people walking upstairs.

The room itself was ok. There was a mini fridge, the room was pretty clean and it was close to the strip. They do have a small casino in the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

A good value hotel
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

We thought the shuttle bus was great but we found it unreliable on several occasions for the return trip. Our toilet kept malfunctioning. We notified staff who jiggled it to fix it on several occasions and then suggested it was something we could do. It involved taking off the cistern cover and rearranging the workings. It should have been properly repaired as it was an ongoing issue. The staff at the desk seem to avoid being helpful when there is an issue.

We enjoyed the oversized rooms. We appreciated being in a quiet location yet still close enough to enjoy the pool. It is a good value, clean hotel. On previous visits we have had issues with wifi but this time it worked well.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Too expensive for what you get, especially considering the service.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Rarely have I ever experienced such a bad level of service quality. I was in contact with three staff members and they were all unhelpful and rude. Is that their thing at Mardi Gras?

The room was very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

• Standard King- Non Smoking

Just remember if u r a non smoker the laws r different in Vegas

Location good 10 minute walk to catch bus or monorail. It's not flashy the accommodation but price is good and its tidy - has a nice pool. Meals available and seven 11 handy or McDonalds

easy axcess to the strip clean very friendly employees
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

microwave in room coffee pot in room pool opening later and shuttled running later back from the strip .

easy axcess to the strip clean very friendly employees

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Good value, definitely the best hotel breakfast during our 3...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

First room we got keys for was occupied (at that time luckily only with the backpack on the bed..); though they indeed had a power out and no IT System during room handling and had to manage rooms by handwritten forms... so probably a single event...

Good value, definitely the best hotel breakfast during our 3 week Cal trip, good choice there and real plates / cutlery

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Hotel was good for the price, but lack of information at checkin.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The night lady at the front desk last night gave me a wrong password to the wifi and I could not use it until today. The older gentleman was not very friendly and kind of “rushi” at check in. Due to the lack of informatiom at check in I lost one entire day and night in my room yesterday, after my son left, not knowing that the shuttle had a stop at the Strip. I was affraid of walking the bit “sketchy” distance to and from the monorail. Also, I only knew we had a pool until this morning, the last day of my stay. The Hotel was better than what I could expect for the money, but there is a lack of information to the guest. Please take your time, DO NOT rush the guest in, we come to enjoy our stay in Vegas! Thank you.

In general the hotel was very clean and most of the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

The shuttle to the strip/airport is very convenient.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

The property seems to be a little worn out. Area isn’t great. People were sleeping in the hallways, which made me feel unsafe.

The shuttle to the strip/airport is very convenient. Good value for money if you don’t want to spend that much money on a hotel I guess.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

This place needs to be shut down

Nasty rooms. Smell bad. Hotel needs renovation

Room was dirty. Roaches in bathroom. Rooms smell like cartons of cigarettes. Very uncomfortable. Elevator old had to use stairs to the 3rd floor. Never will I re commend this place. Had to cancel a day

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Good to stay for a short trip to Vegas
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Room not so clean, even the pool was not very clean. Took the shuttle to the Strip, but later on they did not come to pick us up, several guests were waiting for the shuttle but had to take cabs back to the hotel.

Large room, comfy and ok to stay.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Poor staff, no help with broken toilet.. which was not nice 🤢. Worst hotel ive ever stayed in!!!
    • Queen Room with Pool View

Toilet did not flush, was dropped a plunger to the door with no conversation, the door was knocked and it was just left by someone, room very dated.. Was glad to only staying for one night, if it had been more.. would of demanded a refund..

Pool was ok but bit small, decent comfy bed and good size wardrobe

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Pleasant
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

No complementary tea/ coffee to make you feel at home

Quit hotel despite being full ... had a few beers at happy hour very well priced.. the barmaid was such a pleasant friendly woman she deserves a pay rise can’t remember her name from archie the Scottish guy who lives in Australia

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Very good value in Vegas
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

A little far from the strip in terms of walking distance (about 25-30min walk).

Very good value for money. Lovely spacious rooms. Check-in and check-out was easy. Good for an overnight stay. We didn't try the pool or hot tub facilities but they looked good and we knew we had the option.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

My fiance and i were more than pleased and satisfied with our stay.

Loved it all

Wow, there wasn't a single thing i was disappointed with. If anything i didn't expect our stay to be so awesome. The rooms were above my expectation. We will definitely be back

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Too hot .... 120 degree days. Thank god for air conditioners.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Bugs in the room. Charged me $20. ... more than a $1. per pound just to accept two small boxes (less than 10lb each) for me that I needed at the Show I always stay there for. I thought that was really cheap. A bit of a slap in the face after receiving hundreds of dollars from this trip alone from me to stay there. Really stretching for a buck to be so cheap with a good customer.

Breakfast was good. The Lady who runs it is really sweet.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Las Vegas Trip
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

I asked for extra pillows they said the front desk said they would call me back to let me know if they could. Never got a call back. Didn't like that they didn't have a coffeemaker or microwave.

Price was good for the stay.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

The hotel for 2 days had no A/C and no power.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The hotel for 2 days had no A/C and no power. You werent able even to charge your phone, have light at your room, dry your hair. Nothing. the wifi was almost unexisted. only at the lobby they had low signal and at the 1rst floor. The area was very bad with many homeless people and drug addicts. + there was no control to those entering the hotel. anyone could go inside the hotel. The security of doors was lame, you could see the steps of other people next to your door. The pool was very dirty - the water almost yellow.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Not impressed
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The fact that we never had the sheets changed the whole time even after telling management. basic cleaning only, floors not vacuumed. Tim, bar staff rude, with a attitude and Ivana casino station ignored you, drinking on job good if your a male she clung to them. Unfortunate for us we arrived to a blackout from a dust storm, management left junior staff to deal with it not a good look. Nobody had a clue what to do.

It was convienant for us

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Exceptionaly nice.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

1. Some rooms do NOT have Wi-Fi (Room #1161). Room #1200 had excelent Wi-Fi. 2. TV had very Limited Channels and was Standard Definition Zoomed to Wide Screen - NOT WIDE SCREEN HD (on a flat, LCD, wide screen TV).

Large room, very exceptional arcitecture. Was able to swivel TV to view from bed in a seperate area.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

My Experience at the Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Check-Out - You need to come back to the lobby and wait in line with everyone that is checking out and the morning buffet is a continental breakfast that is ramped up some... Also, if you play one one of their 50 slots, that is located next to the check-in area, everything is hand paid by the attendant...there are no tickets or cash dispensed, so if you switch a machine, the attendant needs to come and hand pay you your money...every time. In addition, their name is misleading...it is more like a motel as the rooms and stairs are visually like a Motel 6 and the casino is actually the size of a room in my home with mirrors to appear larger

The staff is very friendly and the room clean with very comfortable pillows & mattress

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

4.0
    location n price
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

they don't have any power back up , there was thunder storm due to which half of the resort didn't have electricity for more than 12 hours, they dint even refund us the money for that night

location n price

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

One of the worst. Over promised and under delivered.
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The wifi was down for 2 days. The breakfast was not good and expensive. There were ppl knocking on the door at nights. Security was bad. The lift was down on the 1st day and last day. Thus had to carry the luggage up and down.

Room is spacious and bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Room was spacious
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The hotel is worn and dated, I guess tired is another term to use here. I chose this hotel at the last minute and included the option for breakfast. The WiFi did not work ( was told too many people on network) and the tv did not work also... That evening some parts of the area where hit by a power outage due to a storm so we had no lights in the room either. This hotel was one of the areas hit but guess what..... their casino machines still managed to work... We went for breakfast the following morning and where only offered some juice and muffins, this was certainly not the breakfast I paid for. At the front desk I queried why I paid for breakfast and the services advertised where not fulfilled ( WiFi, tv etc ) and could I have that refunded, staff very unhelpful and refused to let me speak to a manager. I would not stay here again and would actually advise anyone to reconsider looking elsewhere. Next time I will just pay the extra and stay somewhere better. I can fathom a guess that the hotel will even read this and not get in touch to offer me a partial refund on my stay.

Room was spacious

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Several members of staff were very unwelcoming and unhelpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Several members of staff were very unwelcoming and unhelpful. In particular, Mario - he was extremely RUDE, unfriendly and very unhelpful. I notice on the reviews I am not the only person who has said this, actions should be taken in which case. The staff in the bar however, were lovely and very friendly! And the Serbian shuttle driver was also absolutely lovely and couldn’t have been more helpful, thank you! 4th time I’ve stayed here but won’t be back again after dealing with some of the staff here.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Sketchy...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The place looks dumpy, and needs some serious renovations. There was no microwave or coffee maker in the room. The outside needed some serious work. The staff at times was inattentive. The neighborhood is sketchy, with several younger black men hanging out around the place late at night...

The cleaning staff was friendly, and did a great job

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Cheap alternative to the strip hotels on a weekend
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

This is a very run-down motel about 3km away from the strip. We stayed on a 3rd floor, elevator was not working. Casino smells of smoke.

Cheaper alternative for weekend stay in Las Vegas.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

I think it was a bit over priced, but it was fine.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The front desk staff was pretty rude. Not too helpful. I left my key in my room and went down and told the front desk and he goes "What do you want me to do about it?"

The women working the breakfast area were so nice and pleasant. The pool was nice.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

In general everything was good, always available huge...
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

we couldn't close curtains at all( it is very inconvenient because every time you want to change you need to go to the bathroom or after shower you need to change right away in the shower (and you shower a lot, like a lot). Or you are not suppose to turn on any lights at all otherwise everybody who pass by could see that is going on in your room. I've checked other rooms and they had the same problem with curtains. Very slow WiFi, sometimes it's working and sometimes no. Light switcher in the bathroom is very tricky, you need to practice before you could switch on/off the light. We didn't had hot water, and it was OK since temperature is very high and I could take shower in a cord water but some people could find it very inconvenient.

In general everything was good, always available huge parking lot with lots of empty slots) If you prefer to walk to the main attractions on strip you won't find this walk very pleasant and it's up to 40 minutes on a dazzling heat. It's better to take monorail which is 10 minutes walk from the hotel, or you can take free shuttle bus from Mardi Gras to strip. Fare for the money they ask for and I get additional discount from Booking.com)

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

The overall experience was not good.
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The overall experience was not good. The electric went out and was unable to cook anything; also the doors did not lick from the inside. Next time I come to Law Vegas I will NOT stay there

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Would reccomend, but there's no wifi
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Wifi doesn't work. Some of the staff was unfriendly, breakfast was OK.

Cheap, close to the strip. There's a shuttle that takes you to strip but there's only space for 10 people at a time. Bed was cosy, AC worked, the room was big and clean. Would stay there again.

No WiFi - useless
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

WiFi not working at all - I simply couldn’t get online because there was not enough bandwidth in the system to accommodate all the guests. The reception was full of slot machines and stank of tobacco smoke. Rooms had no facilities at all - not even a tea & coffee station. Mean and stingy.

Clean and comfortable bed

Big and clean room.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Facilities were quite old and spoiled. No restaurants or shops nearby

Big and clean room. Free shuttle to the airport and The Strip every one hour until 10 pm.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

as a booking platform please do not recommend this hotel to...
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

as a booking platform please do not recommend this hotel to people at this rate the staff are NOT amicable and neither of HELP when needed !! no wifi no elevator for 1st and 2nd Floors!!! absence of generator during power cut off bedroom lamps bulbs burnt out dusty room

It was an alright stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

There were ants in the room by the refrigerator. There was no microwave anywhere on the location. Housekeeper only turned our sheets inside out then made the bed instead of changing the sheets. Some of the shuttle drivers drove crazy.

The restaurant had great food for a nice price. The bed was comfortable. The pool was big and nice. They hold your luggage after checkout before you actually leave. The casino has a few slot machines.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Decent, unfussy hotel.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

It's a decent, unfussy hotel. Pros: great A/C, convenient bar and restaurant open late, rooms are quite big, mini fridge, and the shuttle was convenient too. Also a nice pool. The staff was pretty nice, especially the bartenders Tim and Jerrie.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

So quiet to rest the bed is so comfortable the clean they...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The fact of no microwaves on the room and little be of chanells on the tv if you staying with kids will be more helpful fix that....

So quiet to rest the bed is so comfortable the clean they keep the place really close of everything on the strip😁😁

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

You get what you pay for.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Just generally feel like it needs decorating / refurbishing. Reception, bar, slot area, the rooms and Dinning room. The breakfast buffet could be varied father than the same stuff every day. Improve the ala carte menu.

Staff are friendly, easy to talk to, have some good local advice. The swimming pool and area is very clean, when there was an incident with wind blowing all of the tables and chairs in to the pool, the staff were quick to respond.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

I will not be staying there again. Vegas should be a little more luxurious and comfortable to visit
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Run down. I was disappointed that it was so run down. Embarrassed to have anyone come over to my place.

It's very run down. Bathroom needs to be updated.

Unpleasant
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Really unprofessional staff. The man in the reception, Mario, was absolutely unpleasant, not polite at all. Wifi connection didn't work in our room, we tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen and his answer was literally "that's because you have a crappy phone". We had another problem with the shuttle and he just hung up the phone to us and left us with no answer. We luckily could talk to the bus driver (really kind) and solve the prob, but we ended up having to pay a taxi (on us). We wanted to write a complaint letter before leaving but they didn't have forms at all. Another girl at the reception gave us the managar's email address and he never answered.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Nice and economical
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

No breakfast, you could buy it at a separated restaurant that is connected to the hotel. I never tried it.

Big room with good amenities even though there were no spoons, forks, and knives. Parking lot in front of your suite!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Stay in Las Vegas
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

There was a strange smell in the room and the hotel needs to be renovated, as it seems to be quite old. Also, the hotel charged us three times: (1) for the 1st night before arrival, (2) for the 2nd night plus deposit upon arrival and (3) again for the 2nd night, but without deposit upon departure. We noticed this only some days after the departure and wrote them an email. However, we received no clarification or immediate refund. The refund for the amount (2) has been done only recently. Why was it not possible to charge us for both nights in one go and reserve the deposit separately? Due to lack of response / clarification, we would not be staying here again.

The hotel has all basic facilities and the pool. The room was spacious and people at the reception were friendly. The location is quite good as well.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

TV brilliant show World Cup semi finals livr in room.
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Waiter from restaurants, he look bad manners cos he cant bothered to read over I show him pick drink and foods on list books. He moan to me after I give him bills cos he want tip.

TV brilliant show World Cup semi finals livr in room. Swimming pool very excellent. Staff nice welcome.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

It was more like a suite than a hotel room.
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

Only one staff member at the front desk for both check out and answering phones. Check out took much too long.

It was more like a suite than a hotel room. Very comfortable.

A GOOD DEAL
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

No coffer maker in the room.

Not many amenities but it was clean & comfortable in a convenient location. The food in the restsurant was good. & very reasonably priced. Unfortunately the room had toiletry supplies for one guest & there were 2 of us. As for the price, it was an excellent deal

I stayed 5days at the Mardi Gras plenty of food a good nights sleep
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

There is always things you can do to improve but l cannot think of anything at the moment

You get what you have payed for the price meets all your needs

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

There was a shuttle to the strip that dropped you off at...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

That there's only 1 shuttle to the strip that time range from 15-20min trip.

There was a shuttle to the strip that dropped you off at Bally's on the strip.

Awesome stay
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

The busses only take you to strip not hardrock or Thomas Mack center which were so close, which is places I really needed to be. The housekeeping, most could barely speak English and rest of housekeeping could not. That made it hard to communicate my needs to housekeeping, but my room was always clean when they cleaned room. The laundry room didn’t have option for laundry soap cause nobody brings laundry soap with on vacation or business. I felt that should be option with a vending machine. Plus don’t want to shop for that at a store when not much time, just to buy some. Plus the only Pepsi machine in whole dang place was in the laundry and it was empty. Was able to speak with rest of staff no problems. Plus with heat and laundry room there should be a way to get a cool drink since it’s hot in laundry room. Oh and not having coffee pots in room sucks but thankfully they have coffee at restaurant. Not sure if it was my phone or service but WiFi kept booting me but when I was connected it worked great.

I loved the friendly staff. The waitresses in the restaurant were awesome. Always friendly. They accommodated me and my disability great. Most of staff I was able to communicate no problems with. They were all really friendly even if some couldn’t understand what I said. Cause most housekeeping staff couldn’t understand me, cause they didn’t speak English enough. The restaurant food was amazing and so much better priced than everywhere else I ate. The prime rib special was so yummy. Plus the veggies had a different but omg delicious taste to them. I didn’t do breakfast bar but the restaurant/bar was amazing. The waitresses were always friendly and helped make me eating alone not so bad cause they would chat when not busy. That helped me a lot. They had security guys walk grounds regularly which made me feel more secure since I was by myself a lot. Even with hiccups and things I thought could be fixed, I loved my stay there. I definitely will stay again. Just wish I had more money to play slots more lol. Plus my room was huge definitely worth price.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

It was a comfortable bed, a nice hot shower and a nice hot...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The staff was extremely rude. There was issues regarding payment and my check in. But thd hotel was nice and quiet. Not the best of neighborhoods, but again the hotel was decent enough

It was a comfortable bed, a nice hot shower and a nice hot meal and nobody bothered me.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Take your chances!
    • Queen Room with Pool View

The air conditioning button was broken and was difficult to change the settings. The shower curtain was literally down on the floor when I came in. The maintenance guy took an hour to get there to fix it (since it needed to be drilled back into the wall) and he complained to me that the hotel was "falling apart" and there were not enough folks in maintenance to handle all the issues, especially with the AC. The room looked like it had not been vacuumed when I arrived, though the bed was neatly made.... The blow dryer was non functional. There was no WiFi as advertised. The restaurant and casino were smokey and dirty and dark. Scary people in there too. A cheap hangout for the local hardworking homeless in the area? The pool was dirty. The ceiling in the bathroom looked like it had water damage and was moldy. The only thing I did not see was vermin or bugs. Perhaps because the killer heat outside fried them all. It was perhaps one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at actually, though it wasn't at all due to any rudeness on part of the staff. I believe this is a management problem.

The restaurant on the property made a nice meal at a value price for Las Vegas. The food was fresh and well prepared... nothing special, but inexpensive. I tried a couple different healthy items on the menu, and they were pretty tasty. I liked the fact that it was an inexpensive hotel. Too bad it was also a cheap hotel... my list of things I didn't like.... The staff were friendly enough, if not overwhelmed. I got the feeling they were on a shoe string budget and didn't pay their staff, but they seemed to be good troopers. Also liked the fact that it was close to the Las Vegas Convention Center.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Some good but better choices out there.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Service at desk was poor, lady checking us in was busy and rather grumpy. She kept sighing as more people joined the queue to check in. Deposit of $15 dollars was unexpected and not advertised, annoyingly it has not been returned, I will have to investigate. The money was taken 5 days before checking in and my credit card company froze my card as I was not stateside at the time! Internet was a hassle requiring you to log back in every 1/2 hour!

Great swimming pool and breakfast was excellent. Making my own waffles was a treat, although it was quite messy!

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Need better customer service.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Housekeeping was bad had ants. Didn't want to give us more then 3 towels. Trash was under the bed and in the fridge. Order pizza and it was not cooked all the way twice had to get a refund. They stated that they delivered and not true.

Close to Convention center.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Never again!
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

Unpleasant and unhelpful staff (at check-in). Two men from the staff (two on one) did not let me explain what is going on. In addition, they made fun of the guests. Hotel took a photocopy of credit/debit card and there was no information about that on booking.com (only that you have to show the card)! With such treatment of the customer, the hotel was definitely too expensive.

Good Wifi connection

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

The room was clean and well equipped, bed was comfortable.

nothing to dislike

The room was clean and well equipped, bed was comfortable. The hotel is older, but well kept up. Breakfast was great, Maria was an awesome hostess!!

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

OK for stay overnight, but not recommended for leisure
    • Standard Room - Non Smoking

No elevators (out of order) Catastrophic WiFi - very bad up to missing connection in the room No coffee machine in the room, but expected Bad chances to go out or eat/drink outside of the hotel The only realistic way to leave is the Monorail - but also expensive one

Big space in the room Good bed Towels and toiletry as expected Relatively short distance to Monorail

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Would not stay there a 2nd time.
    • Standard King- Non Smoking

Nicer places can be found for less money and that would even include the outrageous resort fees of Las Vegas properties. The 1 working elevator was filthy.

Good location for convention center visitors.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

The rooms were cleaned but the overall experience was not the best.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

My toilet broke and no one fixed it until the next day. Phone did not work staff was not very helpful. We had to go to staff several times because are cards kept getting deactivated and we were in a large group so this was very frustrating for my group because they had to have me get a key because all the rooms were under my name.

The space of the rooms.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

I was disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

I didn't like the fact that what's in the pictures does not meet what's real I was very disappointed when I got there I asked for non-smoking and it smelled like smoking it's anybody's perogative to smoke whatever their choice is I actually smoke cigarettes but I don't smoke in my house so I won't smoke in there I smoke outside and away from the doors I asked for non-smoking because I know that my family don't smoke and didn't want to be a part of smoke

I would honestly say that the pictures are nicer then the experience I had I would not recommend anyone to this I wasn't in the room not even 30 minutes I checked out and I proceeded to go and find somewhere else to stay it was almost 1 in the morning by the time I could find somewhere for my family and myself to stay this was very deceitful and my level of cleanliness may not be equal to your level of cleanliness but I would not recommend anyone to this room I know their business but I have to be honest! I don't do bugs of any kind present or previously

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

It ok stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

No complimentary items such as a water bottle or tea/coffee making items. Very bad lift but operative. Ironing table had a huge hole in it.

Easy to find with monorail near it. Low cost for accommodation. Good two twin beds although I was a single traveler.

Browse Mardi Gras Hotel & Casino (Free Parking) Traveler Photo Gallery