Reviews of Marina Village Inn 3 stars

6.1

5.9

6.1

• Standard King Room

Carpet with huge stain, bathroom wall paint peeling, tv not working, phone not working, front light not working, bread for continental breakfast stale.

• Standard Queen Room

Couldn’t get in first room. Tried 3x. Moved to another room. T.v did not work. Waited 2 hours forefront desk. Told room would be comped following day. Moved again room #3 bit on leg by insect upper thigh.

Final view

I like coming here I just wish that the rooms were up to date & add a few items to the rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room

There were no necessities like toothbrush, toothpaste and bottle water. Not safe; No screen on the window.

The surrounding views, the staff, nice clean lobby and the service.

Embarrassing for my family, uncomfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very dingy and dirty. Previous people left clothes hanging in the closet. Window was broken and taped up. Carpet was very dirty and ripped up. The room stunk and the bed was hard. We stayed two nights and the room was never cleaned for us or any towels brought. The coffee pot didnt work and the refrigerator made a loud noise.

Other than the hallways, the rooms and facility was excellent.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The hallways were not nice. The carpet was stained and looked terrible. The doors looked awful; chipped paint. The shower water took a little bit to get the right temperature.

The room was very nice; above average. We had a great view with a balcony. The morning was beautiful and we watched the boat owners take out their boats. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Never going back here.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was a fight that broke out next to our room and the cops were called. We could hear everything! It was scary. The mattress were not firm enough and it was the most uncomfortable place to sleep. The bed literally sunk down. The pillows weren’t soft either, it felt like it lost its fluff. When I woke up, I had bites on my back and my thighs. I looked up the kind of bites I had and it looks like they are from bed bugs. The room looked clean, but it’s not otherwise I would not have gotten bit by bed bugs. Though the beds, furniture and bathroom looked decent like they were just remodeled, we are never going back here again. Very disappointed.

It was great!
    • Standard Queen Room

There was too much noisy, the guest who stayed in the same area around me were making too much noisy. Obviously not the hotels fault!

The view. The lady who helped me was really kind. The area was also really nice.

We spent 10days travelling in California and this motel was the worst place we stayed in.
    • Standard Queen Room

It was dirty and smelly in the room we stayed. Even though it says breakfast included it was few pieces of bread and a jam/ some cereals. We had better breakfast in a hostel. Additionally, as we complained about the smell in our room the girl from reception was nice enough that she moved us to another room. In the process of moving we left a bag full of shopping (approx. $160) and once we realised it later in a day, it was too late...as apparently the lady that cleaned the room didnt see any bag.how convenient... we wanted to speak to the manager Kim but somehow she was nowhere to be seen.

The only good thing about this motel is the location.

Everything went wrong.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

I had problems with checking in. I arrived at 3:15 and the room was still being cleaned. Came back after 4p.m. and room was still not ready.Around 5:15 the room was ready. 10 minutes inside, the toilet started to leak. Water was coming out of the wall.April was trying to find us another room. Around 7p.m. we finally got in a room. The wifi was not working and there was only 1 usable outlet near the wall by the bed. The tv remote did not work except to turn on and off. I had to sleep with my cpap machine on the bed as there was no table close to the outlet. The next morning i went to eat breakfast and there was only bagels and cereal with the juice and coffee. I was told the food order had not been delivered. Nothing went as it should have.

April. She was trying her best to accommodate us. She was very sweet about everything and was really working hard to help my teenage granddaughter and I.

This was a terrible experience; still trying to get money back for night two, never again.
    • Executive Suite

Upon arriving the first thing we noticed was the terrible musty old building smell. The TV did not work properly and the girl at the front desk was no help, and said there was no one to help us. When asking for directions to room she just said over that way. The walls were paper thin and could hear the conversation next door at 230 am clear as a bell. Knowing there was a 24 hr cancellation policy we inquired about cancelling the next night and were told no problem. Oh yes, and still got charged!!

Nice new shower

We had a great time on our trip but not so much fun at the Marina Village!
    • Standard Queen Room

We arrived 25 minutes early and the maid said our room was ready, however the desk clerk had us wait in the car for 25 mintes ...actully only 15 minutes because of wasted time. We have not been treated that badly befor and we have done much traveling. Anyway it was silly of her and bad customer service for Marina Village. Also really annoying was the problem with opening the door to our room.. Desk clerk warned us that they had a problem with their locks....every time we came in someone from the front office would had to come and help...one time making a new key!

Loved walking around the marina and the view of the Berkeley hillside. Also saw soon row boat racing...really nice!

Room keys didn't work so we couldn't leave the room...
    • Standard Queen Room

Room keys didn't work so we couldn't leave the room once we got in. Staff wasn't especially helpful or responsive. Outlets were buried behind bed, all unplugged and all the power cords were damaged and potential fire hazards, and unplugged. I had to crawl around the floor with a flashlight to get the lamps to come on. The air conditioner was plugged into an ungrounded surge strip behind the bed. Ridiculous. I won't stay here again.

1. The room key doesn’t work for almost every room.
    • Standard Queen Room

1. The room key doesn’t work for almost every room. The front desk can’t solve this. What they only do is replace a new room key and you go back to try another 50 times that may work one time and you should quickly open the door. Why I said for every room? Because I saw many customers go to front desk and ask why. It’s terrible. 2. Be careful with the belongings you leave in the room if you will stay more than one day. I booked 2 nights, but the room service took my shampoo, towel and fruits in fridge. It seems that I checked out. When I back at night, i told the front desk, she can’t contact manager and ask me to speak with manager the next morning. And she said the room service threw all the things away. Come on, a new shampoo and more than ten oranges in fridge. And the front desk refund me 32 bucks at last. Never seen this before. Hope the hotel will manage well.

The location is beautiful.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It has really gone down hill. It is one of the only places to stay in Alameda, so we stay there, but this last time was the worst. We had two rooms and the key cards didn’t work for either room. The excuse we were given is “the locks are old.” Guess what? That’s not my problem. They had no first floor room and my handicapped mom had to struggle up the stairs because there is no elevator. The clerk couldn’t have cared less. The remote for the TV didn’t work. They knocked on our door at 9:45 to clean it (check out is 11), then called us at 10:30 to remind us that check out is 11! It was like they were telling us to hurry and get out. Finally, there was a huge glob of hair in the shower. Gross!

The location is beautiful.

In a good area by the water, hotel was clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a little annoying that I was asked to check out of my room 3 different times starting at 9am and checkout was at 11am...I will be calling the management tomorrow to speak to them about this.

In a good area by the water, hotel was clean.

Never stay there again even though location good
    • Standard King Room

Electrical outlets randomly would not function, hair dryer, coffee pot (could move coffee pot), card key, ripped hanging curtain over front door. Clerk upon checkout said that we were in room not yet remodeled - could have upgraded for 30 to 50/night. Would give 35% IF RETURNED. You rated 3.8. We say motel 1.5,

A disingenuous swing and a miss.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for a king superior room, I was given a room that had not been remodeled it had not been cleaned properly. Unfortunately it look like a substandard room. So I went to the front desk and inquired about it he blamed it on booking.com stating it was booking.com fault for giving me that room. But I paid at the property so I was charged for the superior King room which means I was given the runaround I believe. I do not appreciate Shady business practice. And I'm the hotels and I think that they should be ashamed of themselves. In addition to this now the breakfast, the breakfast consist of Quaker instant oatmeal packets in two different kinds of cereal Honey Nut Cheerios and I can't remember the name of the other one. They have a offering of bread for you to toast and unfortunately do not have butter to go on top of it but they do have I Can't Believe It's Not Butter vegetable oil spread. They not have any in-house prepared food as you would be led to believe on their website. So do not be fooled when they say breakfast included. It is not like the Holiday Inn it is not like the Hampton it's nothing like that..

It was a great location I heard most of the rooms are upgraded perfectly beautiful. Unfortunately read the rest below.....

Pay 4 star rate for 2 star motel, welcome to the Bay area.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pitiful breakfast options. Door to the room was very drafty. Be sure to bring ear plugs because you can hear everything in the adjacent room or corridor. Be sure to not get a room next to a stair well.

Remodeled rooms, plenty of towels and face clothes.

Unfortunately, this inn's appeal was not our room.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was small and outdated. Mattress was worn/springy and sagged. Bathroom light didn't work. Water took over 5 minutes to heat.

Gorgeous views. Nice amenities: mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and storage safe.

Just the fact that it was next to water and boats so you can...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The Rome's wasn't clean had a very awful Stitch smell not too much privacy front desk at Great customer service the manager seemed kind of rude great scenery bear next to the boat docks in the water bad view from room location and too far from food and restaurants also prices should have been cheaper on the quality of the room

Just the fact that it was next to water and boats so you can hear the waves in the Wind and feel like you're on a beach like setting

Very clean very modern :)
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

The card to slide to open the hotel room door we're difficult it took me mins when I had all my luggage so time consuming.

Very clean very modern :)

It was good but just some minor things need adjustments.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

Chemical use on the sheets too strong and I broke out all over....the room I Was is the door was broken and the room was clean but the product they used just smelled like weird and strong makes you feel sick to your stomach

Bed was comfortable

overall a decent good night rest. Beautiful scenary.
    • Standard Queen Room

kept my ID when registering. When I called, told it wasn't there. Had to return in person. Neighbors were loud and obnoxious, walls shaking.

bed comfy and clean.

Not as advertised. Incompetent employees. Room vibrated from utility Laundry below.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

I paid for a water view room via Booking dot Com. My room was above the laundry room way way back. No water view. Mia, the supposed manager said she couldn’t change the situation without booking dot com permission. I paid extra. During the day the vibration from the Giant Washers would shake my room that Glasses on the desk would vibrate and move across the desk. At first I thought it was a small earthquake. Lucky they didn’t wash at night. The room smelled of Smoke. (Room 226) and Mia said it’s the old carpet. I wanted a non smoking room. People next door came out of their room with cigarettes In their mouth. Plus they charged my Travelcard twice. Took a couple of days to get that cleared.up. Sad situation.

Coffee was good.

Cool location needs updating.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms were outdated and the facilities need maintenance.

The location is great and the facilities have great potential. some updates (maintenance) and staff training could really upgrade this place!

Wish that there was better security since we were planning future stays there.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

Extremely upset by the fact that my Mother-in-Laws purse was stolen from the lobby after breakfast. The lobby staff woman seemed like she knew what was going on and seemed very suspicious. Ruined our Christmas Eve and we were so upset about the fact that there was such low security. We are still working with Alameda police to rectify the situation.

It SUCKED! (Short enough for you?)
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was among the worst lodging experiences I have ever had. I would never book it again and will tell anyone who asks, not to even consider it.

How can hard boiled eggs alone be fluffy? And there were not enough to be any left at 7:30 AM.

I would not even let my dog stay here.
    • Standard Queen Room

No hot water. Dirt in every corner and the chair was covered in dark dirt. Window to outside was broken with cracks near the safety latch. Carpet was so dirty and torn in several places and the bathroom light was burned out. The curtains on the window were filthy. The toilet looked clean though. The hallway to our room had a door that would not lock. We had driven 10 hours and were exhausted but I still made sure nothing touched the floor. Bed had clean sheets.

Nothing at all, nothing.

Had a good stay. With a little work, this place would be awesome.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The room we had was clean, but very worn, which made the room look dirty even when it wasn't. The air was pretty musty until we turned on the air. This room needs to be refurbished. At a minimum, change the toilet seat to something that isn't all scratched up.

Location and staff were great. Price good for the location. Good Breakfast too.

Great value for the money I spent, location is grand the view really relaxing with a great balcony
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The breakfast was really nothing to speak about and the staff was not as friendly as I would have hoped for but were helpful. Also the front of the hotel really needs some upgrading.

The location is amazing with the grand view of the Alameda Marina Village boats right outside the hotel and next to the Oakland Yacht Club, and to top it off, we had a great balcony to hang out and watch the boats.

This place definitely fell off. To be in such a beautiful area, I'm apalled at the upkeep.
    • Standard King Room

The rooms are dirty,the door in my room had a huge crack in it, the light fixtures were dirty, as well as the carpet. The lady at the front desk was very rude as well

The scenery of it all and the young man who works at the front desk, he worked an overnight shift was very accomodating and gracious

UNSATISFIED
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

We didnt get the superior king with view room we reserved. they only had a double queen room They told me booking.com knew there was no superior king rooms with a view available and it should not have been offered I was very disappointed because my wife and myself took this special day off from work and i wanted to surprise her. Please fix this problem or we may not be using booking.com anymore.

THE VIEW

Great location, friendly and accommodating staff, good room appliances but shame about room.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our room looked nothing like pictures on website and was really disappointing as in poor condition. Needs to be totally revamped.

Pool good size and clean overlooking Marina. Great breakfast choice.

Great staff. Good value for the money. It has good bones, but needs some up keep.
    • Standard Queen Room

The carpet in the bathroom between the sink and the shower was worn to the sub floor.

The staff was super helpful and very pleasant. They served a simple breakfast available for several hours.

Location is very nice and price is reasonable for the area.
    • Standard Queen Room

Television didn't work, bath tub stopper didn't seal and tub drained very slowly. Facility is older and generally not well maintained.

Location is very nice and price is reasonable for the area.

Nothing some Chlorox, Fabreeze, and roach spray can't fix.
    • Standard Queen Room

So so so so so dirty. Mold/mildew in the bathroom. All surfaces grimey. Carpet reeked --blech! I didn't want my bare feet to touch it. I found a cockroach in my room in the first 20 minutes. Just way below any and all expectations. It could be so cute with some new paint, new carpet, new mattresses, clean bathrooms, you get it. The view of the water is nice. But the rooms (friends stayed there too) were gross in my opinion.

Staff nice but did not go out of their way. Packaged Starbucks coffee in the room was good--hard to screw that up.

The people that worked there were very nice, the place was DUMP
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

The floors were filty and the hallway door to the building were always open and looked very border towns, I was scared if are car would still be there in the morning.

The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

The wi-fi wouldn't recognize my laptop. There was no breakfast.

The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. The place was super convenient.

The location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room had a few broken things, the toilet seat was broken, there was a hole in the bathroom door, the faucet leaked, the desk chair was broken, the lamp bases were rusty. The mattress was either old or cheap and the blanket didn't cover the whole top of the bed.

The location was great.

Nice
    • Standard Queen Room

The Room was smaller than I thought In a few minor things in the Room that needed to be fixed but no big deal beautiful view nice property

Everyone there is super friendly The young lady in the front desk in the morning was great very friendly very sweet to my kids defini recommend this place to everyone and will be returning

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

We won't stay there again
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was in bad condition. It looked like it wasn't the state of being repaired, and whoever is doing the repair job is not a professional. The other issue was that we were penalized for paying with cash. They made us leave $100 extra "on deposit" without a receipt! When we went to check out this morning they weren't going to give us our $100 back at first! He had to call the girl that checked us in. Also, it took three times to get the check in right. We are going to have to watch our credit card account closely for the next week or two.

The continental breakfast was excellent

Would Never Recommend this Facility.
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

No carpeting, no drawers to hold items, no ability to regulate heat or cold temp, no electrical outlets (had to share ONE plug for air conditioner, desk lamp and coffee maker) meager breakfast offering, warm refrigerator, NON WORKING SAFE, unsightly paint chipped front door and frame, plugged toilet, plugged sink and NO ROOM SERVICE on our second night of 3 night stay.

The view from our second floor room; however, I had to fight for the second floor despite earlier request.

Poor outdated place. Short, overnight late so did not complain.
    • Standard Queen Room

The worst outdated room I have booked in 20 years. Very old place. Bed sheets and bedding stained or thin. Towels were clean, so slept on them and had to use them as covers over street clothes and jackets!!!

Breakfast was adequate

Avoid

This hotel should have been decorated a long time ago, at least the part we sayed in first. It was worn out, smelly and dirty. There were holes in the walls and furniture. The sink and bath had old staines. The staff was not interested in their customers, only one person could answer our questions. Messages were not passed on. The location was not good for going to San Francisco. We got better rooms in a different section on our third night, nice, but also dirty.

The Chinese restaurant next door is excellent.

Just needed a place to sleep. But still below expectations.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room smelled like an elderly person's house. Linens were itchy and musty as was the carpeting. Bed not horrible but not comfortable.

The most inexpensive room I could find on the night, with three stars.

Would not stay on that side of the building, the other side looked updated with newer windows.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room 202 was dirty and smelt like smoke! The room needs deep cleaning! Updated furningings especially the mattress, felt hard & springs. The big chair is disgusting dirty!! The shower door is ready to fall off the hinges. Safety issue!! I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody! I suggest that the whole top floor needs a remodel. Looks outdated, windows etc. Location is good and I did enjoy the heated pool. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Location was excellent.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The rooms need to be fixed up. Carpeting, drapes need to be replaced. Bathroom counter needed replacement, as did the toilet seat.

Location was excellent. Room had a balcony with a view of the Estuary and it is right on the water. If you like looking at sailboats you are in the right place, as the docks line the shore.

Beautiful and quiet Marina view
    • Queen Room with Balcony

I did hear that they kept getting over booked because the booking websites weren't linked to their system so well. However they tried to do what they could.

The bed was so soft and the lady at the front counter was so helpful when my card had a travel block on it.

Beautiful location.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Walls really thin. You can hear your neighbors. Housekeeping a little slow, and don't speak English all too well.

Beautiful location. Breakfast selection beyond our expectations. Clean and nice looking room. Well kept pool.

Overall a nice place to stay
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Marina View

We were the first to check in after they had a major flood. It wasn't so bad but I guess it caused a delay in getting our room clean. After a long drive, we were ready to rest up. With that said, it's probably not a good idea to rate them on their cleanliness as I'm sure, given the situation, it may have been cleaner had the guest room attendant had more time to give the room. We tried our best to keep the kids off the floor (ages 5 & 6) but they did it anyways and got pretty dirty. Nothing a shower can't fix. Sound factor was a slight issue. I hope we weren't too loud as by the 2nd night, we got neighbors and we could hear everything from laughter, fun, flushing toilets, conversations & showers. I'm sure they heard us as well. Hopefully no one was bothered by it. :P

The staff was great and very accommodating. Front Desk was continuously helpful, informative and accommodating. We had a bunny visitor in courtyard,that was larger than my 5 lb pup, and wasn't too happy with her willingness to play. LOL The bunny hopped hastily away. I was relieved once we drove through tunnel and it was quite nice and peaceful in Alameda. Prior to the tunnel, I took a wrong turn and got a little scurred. :'D All's well and felt safe near the Inn.

Don't recommend.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The room had a very weird smell, the bathroom wasn't clean, no wifi in the room, the remote didn't work, sheets weren't clean.

Just the location.

Could have been better. Expected more, even for a 3 star hotel.
    • Superior King Room - Non-Smoking

there were people in the hallway, sounded like a group of workers. loud until after 12:30am. no insulation to speak of to help with outside noise. stairs to room were filthy, had to walk past a dumpster overflowing with trash to go to breakfast. the breakfast was sparse; bagels, bacon, sausage. black, overripe bananas. and packaged pastries. small yogurts. coffee machine was out of order. a little cleaning outside would have helped a lot. only 2 towels for 2 guests , at least 3 sets for 2 guests would have been nice.

The room itself was nice updated flooring and bathroom. Bed was comfortable, could have used an extra blanket. Nice walkway around the marina.

Great!
    • Standard Queen Room

When we arrived. We were told that booking.com did not transfer our information to the hotel. They were not expecting us. After squaring away that situation, we were charged twice! Still in the process of getting that fixed. Other than that, the hotel was great!

Nice Quiet place.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

Breakfast. The sausage and bacon was cold. Not much choice. Getting there was challenging, I would not have found the place without GPS! After the third room, we finally got a room without issues.

Great view of the marina and Oakland Bay. Rooms were very nice.

Better than I expected
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast is minimal: hard boiled eggs, sausages, yogurt, toast & bagels, etc. The sausage was literally ice cold, previously cooked, partially thawed but frozen in the middle; toaster only worked on one side. Fruit in a basket: over-ripe bruised & shriveled apples & bananas. Tasteless, watered-down yellow juice. Really bad coffee.

The room was clean and had updated decor and furnishings. Bathroom has been nicely updated. Beds are comfortable. It's a quiet motel in a very clean and quiet neighborhood. One side of the motel gets a pretty nighttime view of city lights over the water. Close to the ferry to Oakland or SF. Most of the staff are pleasant and efficient.

great view terrible service
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

With all the negatives, this will be out last visit. I wanted a credit / refund we were so unhappy!

We stayed there before. Love the view. However we were supposed to have 3:00 check in, the room wasn't ready and the front desk asked the maid to get it ready the maid made a displeased face. We waited an hour and a half before we could get in the room. We were late for a dinner that had reservations and put all our guests out. No one told me about breakfast having a time limit, so when I arrived at 9:05 or so they were putting it away. They indicated its on my card. Poorly managed, poorly staffed and while it had been remodeled since we were there about 4-5 years ago it was quite dirty. Also there were people in the room next too us up parting until at least 3 AM could not sleep. Will not be back.

Alameda Gem Regains Some Shine
    • Standard Queen Room

We have stayed here many times. The property had gone through hard times and we changed to another motel. Tried it again because we really like this place and it had apparently changed hands. Efforts in rehabilitation were obvious with new paint, refurbished pool and especially noticeable, a friendlier more helpful staff. There remains a long way to go in completing needed updates, repairs and improvements but the effort to do so is impressive.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We required wheelchair access. Since the inn had no ADA room available they placed us in a "suite". Once we rearranged furniture the "suite" served us well.

Get away night
    • Queen Room with Balcony

No microwave in the last room we stayed in.

I love the location and being by the water I like the little balcony out front and with a little patio area outside of the room we usually always stay there when we need to get away for a night.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

won't ever book here again. the no refund should have tipped me off.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bed bugs! Then if you need more, shower mold, old bed with squeaky springs, dirty torn up carpets, exposed plaster, stained ceilings, empty pool. Location was good.

One or two star inn. A downer.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The room was dilapidated and dirty. The shower looked so dirty it couldn't be used. The mattress was thin and furnishings were of low quality. Poor or no aesthetic. Looks like it was furnished through a garage sale. But the dirt and decay was shocking. It appeared as though there was some dried vomit on the carpet. The light fixtures were in poor working condition.

The front desk staff were cheerful. The location was attractive and fairly convenient to downtown Oakland.

Do Not Stay Here!!
    • Standard King Room

Pretty much everything. The pictures of the room did not match up to what the room really was or what was in the room. The TV on the first night never worked. The carpet of my first room was flooded and soaked, creating a horrible smell that I had to sleep in all night, which resulted in a massive head ache the next morning that lasted all day. The pool was drained and closed off with yellow caution tape. Most of the lights in both rooms did not work. The entire place looked run down. The did not refund my stay!

The View of the bay from the second room I was given.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

inconvenience
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The television wasn't working on our first night of stay. The bathroom tiles was so dirty .. On top of that I wasn't compensated for the stress and trouble that night. I was charged for the full price.

Fix it
    • Standard Queen Room

No bed spread on the bed, just and the shower door was broken it wouldn't close all the way. The light switch in the bathroom was broken.

Over all my stay was nice

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

A good spot
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The breakfast wasn't great but did the trick. Was able to concoct a breakfast sandwich and grabbed an apple for the road. Clean and sufficient but not opulent.

View from my 2nd floor room of the harbor and the bay. The room was clean and comfortable but not modern. But it was close to our project site and priced okay for what I needed.

Very disappointed
    • Standard King Room

Never had wifi connection, told them several times was lied to every time, had to go to other places for wifi. Rooms were old carpet was dirty, a lot of outlets did not work, when looking for ones that did work behind nightstand, I was disgusted with all the dirt, will never stay there again, For the money I paid and the rating I feel ripped off....

Do not recommend at all!
    • Standard King Room

We got a non smoking room and the smell of cigarettes was horribly strong and later at night a weed smelling was coming from outside , Place was really dirty, the nightstand had stain of cups and bathroom had stain in the sink. Rooms need upgrade everything is old and ugly. Never come back again .

DON'T DO IT!
    • Standard King Room

Place is run down, needs work, holes in wall and for frame. Bed was awful! My husband and I both work woke up with back aches sore hips no Comfort whatsoever loud neighbors upstairs and next to us all and night

location, and on the marina. Good area

Not happy!
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was dirty. It had several pieces of broken glass on the floor. A pair of socks from a pervious guest. No elevator for my 94 year old mother. All the furnishing were old and worn. The TV reception snowy.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Cheap rundown motel style motel.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

The place charges $100 for a low grade,disgusting room and if you don't show they charge you anyway.ripp off.looks like one of those cheap motels where you take a hooker to spend a night. I had plans for my wife and I. Sorry a** place.

There is nothing to like about this place.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Horrible hotel in Alameda
    • Superior King Room with Marina View

The place was disgusting and dirty. My room smelled like garbage and smoke. My room wasn't even clean. Do not stay here unless you enjoy smelly, dirty rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Not worth the money
    • Standard King Room

Unclean old overused towels. Very unprofessional reception staff room stinks. looks cheap and like an hourly motel Totally unsatisfied for the price $185.00 a night

location is ok overlooking water. landscape ok too. Plenty parking a plus.

LoooOoved it!!

I loved my stay!

I LOVED everything! Staff was so great answering any of my question. Very patient with me. It was an amazing mini trip and will come back again.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Read the reviews here and on Yelp before booking.
    • Queen Room with Balcony

My wife stayed there for two nights and felt very unsafe. No locks on the hallway doors. She had to move the desk in front of the door just to feel safe enough to fall asleep. Read the yelp reviews. A "maintenance" guy tried to get in her room while she was there alone, but nothing needed maintenance and she didn't call anyone to fix anything. Seems way too shady. I didn't think a place like this would be in Alameda :(

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

not clean enough
    • Standard Queen Room

the customer service was horrible. the room was not clean(we found trash under the beds when we arrived). the face towels had residual dirt on them and when we asked for more towels, the desk person said they were all out. what hotel runs out of towels for guests???

the location was nice. the decor was inviting. easy to reach from the freeway.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

The mattress is too hard. There was a stain on the pillow case. The 2 lamps by the bed isn't working. The door isn't locking from the outside.

The receptionist. Free breakfast but no drinks were available.