Reviews of Marjac Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront 2 stars

5.9

6.2

Nice Stay Wish Could Have Stayed Longer
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The sand on the floors was alittle hard to get up...We had to leave a day early cus of a hurricane but other than that everything was good..

The location...Also the room was a nice good size room for a family of 4..The sand is hard to get off the floors but other than that it was a good stay...The views was beautiful..We would forsure stay at this hotel again..

Yuk.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

For the most part the facility is old and looks dirty. It has only one elevator. Front office is dingy, dirty, dark.

Rooms were clean. On the beach.

The room was much larger than I anticipated I'm actually...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The room was very spacious and had a separate bedroom

The room was much larger than I anticipated I'm actually used to staying in more upscale hotels but I was very satisfied with this room even more so than some of the more upscale places I've stayed

First time at this beach/hotel
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Front desk people need more happiness in their life. Seems like they aren’t enjoying their jobs. Specially the one lady. I called and I know it was her who answered. I asked her if I can check in maybe an hour earlier since we had got their early, she said no and that there was no rooms available at that moment and to show up at 4 and if they had a room available she would call, didn’t call. Maybe she didn’t understand my question but I got there an hour early and we asked the gentleman to check in an hour early, we got our room right away. Also the pool, we got there on Saturday and it was raining, they took out the people from the beach and the pool was still open even though there was thunder and it was raining pretty hard. The next day it had just started drizzling and the lady said that the pool was closed because of the rain.... it had just started raining, no thunders, and the lifeguards at the beach said it was okay to keep swimming, I don’t understand if they’re just lazy and don’t want to do their job or what. Later on in the day like an hour or so later there were people in the pool and it was still raining... I do not understand how this works. Oh and when we checked in the gave us a room that people were already in there. That was so uncomfortable walking in on another family. We got another room and the next day the keys stopped working so we couldn’t get in. And the check out day wasn’t that day, it was the day after.

What I liked about the property was that it was an ocean view. Very nice and clean. The best staff at this place would have to be the cleaning ladies and one man who I think is the janitor. They’re very friendly and always very happy.

I will never stay at this again, too many issues.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Couch smelt like formaldehyde. Need to let tenants know not to feed seagulls from balcony.

Noisy through the night, no sleep. Bad that we paid such a premium price for this. Dirty floors, 1 elevator used by staff for cleaning and by guests. Very frustrating. No room to turn luggage carrier in elevator. People throwing food off balcony.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The only good thing about this place was that it was right...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The room had a very strong smell of cat urine! We had a microwave that did not work, we called the front desk and was told they would see what they could do from the front desk but was our problem if he couldn’t fix it. We talked to the lady that was working the next morning and she said she would talk to the manager and see what they could do, when we returned to the room the microwave was working but only lasted about five minutes just long enough to cook a bag of popcorn and it didn’t work the rest of the time we were there. There was also a loud party which lead to yelling, fighting and cops being called. We have young children who were scared. Also beds were only made once during the week bedding not changed at all.

The only good thing about this place was that it was right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great stay will return
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Everything was good I have no complaints.

I love the room it had everything we needed and there was no reason to leave. I did not know about the pots and dishes until I look in the cabinet. This saved us a lot of money on take out

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Nice and quite. We had view of the beach and the street when stepping out on front balcony.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

2 of the ice machine are in repair. It did not have a dishwasher but we were okay with that. It only have a stove and did not have an oven. Parking lot is very limited so you may not find a parking if you arrive late. Hotel is blocks away from clubs and there are police officers on every corner to keep a watch.

Location was great. Close to everything. It's an older hotel, but our room was nicely remodeled.

2nd year back
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

I didn't like just having the one elevator. It was annoying having to wait for it - most of the time we would just take the steps but if you are on a higher floor, I could see that being a big inconvienance.

LOCATION!! It is oceanfront & just a couple steps off the beach. The staff was amazing as always & made sure to go above & beyond to make sure we had a wonderful stay.

Worst hotel i've ever stayed at
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

This was the loudest, noiseiest hotel I have ever stayed at. No water pressure at all. Tv in the bedroom didn't work at all. Tv in the living room randomly stopped working.

Yes it was great to be beachfront, but only worth it if you're a heavy sleeper.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The view doesn't make up for the lack of service
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

My fiance booked this room as a gift for our daughter and myself, and I called prior to leaving home to ensure the different last names on the credit card wouldn't be a problem. When I arrived, they refused to let me check in until I paid with a credit card showing my name. I understand the need to avoid fraud, but this was no issue for the higher quality Hampton we stayed in the previous evening. I was guaranteed a 2 hour early check in and late check out due to the "genius perks" provided through booking.com, but the hotel would not honor the early check in, and only honored the late when I showed them the email stating this. They were dismissive and rude when I asked, and then turned off our room keys at the 11am check out time, even though we discussed (at length) the late check out. I had called the hotel at the time of booking to ensure these perks and the gentleman told me "talk to us when you arrive and we might try", and then hung up on me. If not for the "no cancellation" clause, I would've stayed elsewhere. While the suite was large, the beds were extremely uncomfortable, the pillows were as flat as could be, and the hair dryer shot sparks when I tried to use it. The elevator took at least 5 minutes to arrive on every trip, the stairway was dark and had a bad odor, and the lobby is in very poor condition, with no public restroom available for guests.

The room was large and had a nice view.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Disappointed since amenities listed "a kitchenette that is fully equipped...". Too much BR light.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Poorly stocked kitchen - no frying pan, only 3 saucepans, no sharp knife or cutting board for food prep; only 3 plates, 2 saucers, 1 little bowl. No rug/carpet meant walking on hard floor with sand on it, or wear shoes at all times. Bedroom window let in too much light; A/C unit readout was too bright. Had to cover both to sleep. Neither bath sink or tub had a stopper or plug, so it was shower only -so no taking a bath ; dug a piece of seashell out of the sink drain -still had to have maintenance unstop it. One small elevator got to be a hassle for 60 suites.

2 room suite -nice. Bed and sheets were comfy. Housekeeping were all sweethearts!

Way too expensive !!!!!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

I had 2 leaks in room, 1 Thursday nite ,1 Saturday nite. No luggage racks . Rooms started to smell musty from water leaks. Only 1 elevator. Price was of 5 star hotel , this is a 3 star hotel. Elevator takes forever.

Location, room was clean. Housekeepers nice.

Never never i mean never again
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The manager talk to me like i was nobody. Didnot deserved the way i was treated after i paid that much money i will never go back

Did not like anything about my stay my vacation was ruined the place was nothing what i paid for the pic on line was not were i stayed place was nasty filty.the manager was very very rude

I liked the convenience of being right across the street...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

I didn’t like the fact I had a broken bed, I was only given 1 washcloth and towel, the ice machine was broken and I got stuck in the elevator.

I liked the convenience of being right across the street from the entertainment.

Not good
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The pool is small and barely room to walk around it and it’s in the middle of the parking lot. The hotel needs major renovations and repairs. Open garbage cans Balcony and furniture were filthy. They will not let you check in before 4:00!!!! Elevator is very very slow and is not air conditioned.

Location is great.

We loved our trip!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Their is only one SMALL elevator. When we arrived, we had to make 4 trips using the stairs because how full the elevator would be. And their was no way to fit 4 people and a luggage cart into elevator. They do have 2 flights of stairs but only use one. It would be nice if guests cpuld use both. Both ice machines wouldn't work because other guests filling their coolers. When we would give housekeeping our towels, we would have to wait until they were some washed before we received more. The only thing missing in kitchen was a skillet. I tried to do breakfast in a big pot. which didn't work too well.

We LOVED the location of the property. It had access to different stores within walking distance. The pool was clean. Housekeeping was really nice and helpful. Any time I would have a question, the receptionist would go above and beyond to help. Even before our vacation, I called a few times. They do have laundry facilities on sight, that was nice. I loved being able to cook right in our room. Their was a small pantry that we were able to store our dry food in for the week. I absolutely loved our view from our suite. We were on a lower level and it was wonderful!!

It was Okay
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

They could definitely do some upgrades inside the rooms and outside of the hotel. The parking was awful. You get what you pay for.

The location was great!

Good family place
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The elevator was little and took forever, i guess is fine when u are in 1,2 or even 3rd floor but we were 7 floor so most of the time we have to wait. The pool wasn’t that big but it was decent no more than 5 feet so perfect for my two kids (8,9 years old)

It feels like u are in your own ocean front apartment, the beds are separate from kitchen and living room wish is what face the ocean . Is is bigger than other 2 beds rooms. Nice kitchen and supplies, a lot of closet space I love that from room u have oven view and from hole way you have street view

Good Value for Last Minute Trip
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The facility is in need of repair. The balcony door in our room doesn't close so they installed a make-shift lock. The paint was peeling and the shower drain cover wasn't secure.

The room was clean and had the ammenities described online. The property was oceanfront and very convenient to the beach and all the businesses and restaurants with no need to drive.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Don't let the pictures fool you
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The parking lot not big enough to accommodate the amount of rooms even at 1 car per room, our room stunk and I told the front desk and all I got was we are sold out we have nothing to offer. I went to the local drug store and bought air freshners. The main pipe to our sink wasn't connected so when I went to turn the water on it went straight into the cupboard. Noone fixed it untill we were leaving. We were on the 6th floor our balcony barrier was made out of heavy pvc piping. Wouldn't let my 1&3 yr olds out the door. The elevator can't keep up with the amount of guest because there is 6 floors and only 1 elevator that holds 4ppl at a time with no luggage carts.Lastly I go to pay and it was $7 more than what it should have been so I question the front desk girl and she tells me the extra amount is because it's a resort. I said it's a what? Where at all does this place look like a resort. Her answer any hotel on oceanfront is a resort and they all charge the extra fee. Needless to say I left after saying you might want to try bsing and ripping people for alittle more than $7 then because if that's the reason you're going to give for the hidden fees then this resort needs alot of updates with that money and I have seen public bathrooms nicer and in more working order than my resort room was. Best feature was location,oceanfront,2 room suite instead of 1 big room

The location,oceanfront and that the suite had 2 rooms not just 1 big one

HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

False advertising. Period. Chairs on the balcony were broken. No kitchenette like the ones pictured. Mini fridge was smaller than mini. cooktop missing knobs. Had to literally beg for towels. Blinds were broken. Lampshades has burn holes. No carpeting like pictured, wood floors were broken going to balcony. The shower was slippery and I fell the last night there. It was an old porcelain tub with no slip protection. One elevator for the entire bldg.. 7 floors. Slowest elevator ever and can’t fit two people with your luggage cart. Management was rude. Not enough parking for all guests. Told our room was renovated. Light bulbs burnt out, balcony door won’t stay shut unless locked. Everyone we met was unhappy with their stay saying they wouldn’t come back. DO NOT STAY HERE! You will regret it. I filed report with BBB. I asked about checking out early so we could go somewhere else and was pointed to a sign that read they require 72 hrs notice for early checkout. No refunds. When we questioned the fact there’s taper over the sign and 72hrs written in, he accused me of being racist and told me he could make us leave. The housekeepers brought young children everyday. They were loud and they were everywhere. Overall it was horrible for the $1500 we paid for 5 nights.

Comfortable family waterfront hotel near to boardwalk beach. Perfect for beach goers!!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Button of Vent fan and light in kitchen was broken on the last night. So it was noisy at all night. But it worked well. 1 bulb in bathroom was out, but it was not fixed. Sofa is too smelly to sit down. Dining Chairs were rusty. Balcony table and chairs were dirty with cigarette markers. No gym and no indoor swimming pool at property. Dirty bottom on outdoor swimming pool. No complimentary breakfast. Bathroom and bed room have very small spaces.

Not bad. Comfortable to walk to beach or boardwalk. Location is amazing! Exactly waterfront beach. 1 or 2 mins to walk to beach and boardwalk. Close to beach shops. Kitchen facilities are not bad. Bicycle rental shop is very near for 1min by walk. Two Air conditions and big TVs were working very well.

Great hotel, but could use some work
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

I understand the buildings are old but they could definitely do more to upkeep them. I reserved a sweet with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. The couch itself looked fine but once I pulled it out to the bed... the entire inside looked like mice had been scratching and chewing at it... maybe just update some of your furniture and everything wod have been great... unfortunately my 9 year old son was uncomfortable sleeping on the pull out sofa after seeing that, so the accommodations were fitting but not what we expected for being such a popular tourist area.

The view off the balcony was amazing! They provided all the amenities you need, almost like a small apartment. Stove, mini fridge, microwave... and even provided plates and cups and a toaster in the cabinets!

Never again!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

You had to take the steps because the one elevator was slow and insufficient! The lobby didn't seem to have adequate air conditioning. The staff were not friendly nor helpful. The door to the balcony had a latch pin which was really ghetto looking. The music that went on out in the street made it impossible to sleep well at night. They don't serve breakfast. The pool was small and for the price you can do MUCH better. I asked for a late check out and was told no. There's a sign that says if you get caught not returning the luggage cart to the office area it's a $20.00 additional fee and mind you the one elevator that you had to take was busy making this a not so small feat. Also they did not bother asking if we needed help to our room. It's really the worst hotel I've ever stayed at and I won't be returning. I took a chance and it was not worth it. Next time I'm paying a little more and staying at the Marriot or someone else reputable.

The location was great.

• Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Room was dirty (bought cleaning supplies- literally) and stunk like a bordello( had to buy candles and LYSOL- still stunk the next day) one small elevator slower than molasses- don’t bring your oversized SUV’s unless you want to pay for offsite parking. Oh holy LOUD- all night due to single pane windows. Whoever sleeps in LR gets all the noise. Also my some feet were BLACK after only 20-30 min playing on the LR FLOOR. The dishes were rinsed off- ewwwww- and crumbs all over the chairs. I had to request sheets to cover the couch with to sit on. Unless your used to the GHETTO don’t stay here. The absolute most disgusting hotel I’ve ever stayed at. So bad I had PIF (895$) to save $400 for 4 nights- and LEFT and stayed at the Best Western instead for another $900 because that’s how ghetto Marjac is. And the manager wouldn’t even give the slightest refund because I used BOOKING.COM. Stick with big chains.

The view

Guest services were very nice.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

It was unexpectedly run down. The room was not very clean. So me of the house keeping staff was not very nice either when I asked for a few clean towels and wash cloths.

Guest services were very nice. I accidentally booked 2 rooms. I had spoke with the hotel and Booking.com and thought the room was canceled at no charge. When I arrived to check in I was told that I had 2 rooms booked. After explaining what happened and how I already had thought this was taken care of weeks ago. The young man at the front desk called Booking.com and took care of everything without me having to contact anyone.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location and the beds were very comfortable except for the...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The kitchen needs more supplies, etc; only 2 glasses for 5 people, only 2 plates, nothing to wash your dishes with, or dry with, living room couch is nothing but springs, no bed linens for pull out couch. Bathroom only had 3 towels for 5 people, no wash cloths until we had to ask. Needs a lot of work. We have stayed there before and had all the things that were missing from this room!!! You need to make life easier for the family on vacation!!!! The deck needs sweep with all the sand. Elevator very slow!!!!!!

Location and the beds were very comfortable except for the couch!!!!! Outside pool was refreshing after being at the beach all day?!!

We had a nice stay but for the price I would spend a little more for a nicer room
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Rooms need finished. Weird smell in room. Elevator was difficult.

We ended up getting an air mattress for pull out bed because all you could feel were the springs. Just a few small pans and pots in room. They have updated but there were paint mistakes on ceiling that no one touched up making it feel unfinished. Room had weird smell. Pool was nice and cleaned daily. Location was perfect and right in the middle of everything you would want to do.

Good location, needs major upgrades to accommodate a more enjoyable stay.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

We Arrived at the hotel about two hours early. I asked if we could check in A little early because we had small children And was told there will be no rooms available until 4 PM. Elevator was super slow because they only have one elevator for seven floors and it’s just big enough to fit one luggage cart on it. I waited 25 minutes For the elevator to take all of our stuff on the cart down two Floors. There was a staff member pushing a garbage can on the elevator and it stopped on my floor. I told him the situation and he refused to get off and let me take elevator after I had been standing there for 25 minutes. We Were shorted towels and toilet paper upon arrival and was told to come to the front desk and get everything. Two ice machines for seven floors and 90% of the time they were out of ice. I Was woke up twice at 5 AM because of garbage trucks right below our bedroom. Place definitely needs remodeled and upgraded. Some of the exterior walls have patches Of insulation board Which is a complete eyesore. Housekeeping staff was nice. Location was good but everything else made it uneasy to enjoy our Stay.

Good location, that good was about it

Close to beach.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Kitchen wasn't well stocked. Pull out sofa bed was like sleeping directly on springs . Saw some bugs in kitchen

Close to beach. Staff was friendly

Front desk and housekeeping staff are very friendly. They offer to help you.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The only negative is there needs another elevator.

I stayed in the oceanfront suite. The room design is great. The beds were very comfortable. There is still plenty of room to get around even with the sofa bed is pulled out. I spilled some shells that my grandson had wrapped up in my towel and a VERY Nice black man (hotel employee) helped me pick them up and I really appreciate it so much. It was an embarrassing moment and he made it so much better by immediately helping me pick up the shells that had spilled out in the busy doorway. He deserves a medal for kindness and I hope he sees this review!!!

The property is right on the beach and located close to all...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

There was only one elevator and because of limited staff it was difficult to get them to bring what you needed to your room. Parking was very limited.

The property is right on the beach and located close to all nightlife. Clubs, lounges and places to eat are very close. Even the bike rental was at the back of the hotel. This place was just right for the price and I would stay again. Staff was also very pleasant and nice.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Practical price, for a great location.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

It’s a little loud at night, but that’s really just the area. Bands play right outside the property, so that could be a plus if you like that sort of thing. There is only one elevator and it is slow. That review is accurate. We just took the stairs. Ice machine isn’t fabulous. The balcony door is closed by a latch (that was just kind of ghetto).

There were A LOT of mixed reviews on this property. So much that I was nervous about what I might find (and I am pretty picky)! It was just fine. It’s an older property that you can tell. You can also tell they are trying it fix it up. It was not necessarily dirty, I would say just older. No bugs (I always look)! Housekeeping came in every day and made our beds and cleaned up which was nice. And the location was absolutely perfect! We loved having the separate bedroom, the kitchenette, and balcony overlooking ocean! So if you’re looking for immaculate and clean this is not your place if you’re looking for practical this would work!

I liked that our room had dishes and appliances.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

I liked that our room had dishes and appliances. The view was amazing. They only have oceanfront suites which we loved. Refrigerator likely needs checked though, it didn't keep our groceries very cold even after turning it to a colder setting. Also, there's only one elevator and it's slow. Parking is offered for all guests, just not a lot of parking space available. Pool is small as well. The lobby is small and sees high volume. The staff was friendly but services were slow. The staff seems to get overwhelmed easily. It isn't a resort but a suite of necessity not luxury. Our stay was overall pleasant with no real complaint though so I'd stay again.

Ocean view, was great
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Not clean, electrically outlets pulled out of wall!! AC not efficient, small refrigerator, could only park one vehicle at hotel, had to pay for parking for other vehicle.

Ocean view, was great

The beds were awful and the pillows were like pancakes.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The beds were awful and the pillows were like pancakes. We had to ask for toilet paper and the room was never swept, mopped or vacuumed. At the end of our stay there was as much sand in the room as on the beach. Front desk staff was great.

Trip from HELL
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Broken glass to balcony,the exhaust fan in the bathroom sounds like a helicopter,cigarette burns every where,blood on a wall light and handles missing from dressers and cabinets, no stove like in the pictures just two small counter top little electric hot spots that are so close together that you can only use one that just the beginning of a total nightmare hardly any buttons working on the old microwave

The ocean. The hotel was the worst place I've ever stayed 😞😡

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The location was prime.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

when we got into our room there was only 2 towels. We asked for 2 more as there were 4 of us 2 adults 2 children and they made snide remarks about "stealing" hotel property. The kitchenette was a small 2x3 fridge with a two heater "stove top". the pool looks a lot larger in the pictures than in real life. the worst part was they only had one elevator that was very small often over crowded and hot and only one stairwell

The location was prime. you were right on the beach and an entrance was right there with a sand clean off station. The location was right on the board walk tons of night lift and activities in walking distance.

All in all, Marjac met our expectations. The staff was always very friendly and helpful.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Wish there was more than one elevator especially when you are on the sixth floor.

Slept so good in the bed. Liked how the bedroom was separate from the living room. More spacious than other rooms I've stayed in.

Good location! Spend the extra few bucks to stay elsewhere.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

We had to ask for linen for our room for the pull out couch on top of asking for clean linen every morning to shower. The hotel doesn’t provide you anything to clean the dishes with during your stay, so bring dish soap. We asked the front desk to exchange a couple dollars for quarters to wash clothes on their property and was unable to accommodate that request asked us to go across the street and ask one of the stores. Overall I wouldn’t have booked with this company and will know for future vacations.

I loved the location of the hotel, but unfortunately that’s the only thing really worth mentioning.

Enjoyable but not could be better.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Lobby was small. Elevator slow. We took the stairs. Our phone rang a few times during the night for no reason. Parking was tight.

Bathroom was renovated but poorly done. The location and room was nice though. View was great but balcony small.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

When we arrived we were told that our reservation had been...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

When we arrived we were told that our reservation had been cancelled after 30 minutes they discovered it was a computer error and we were given a room when we entered the room there was urine on the bathroom floor and in the toilet the the room was not clean, there were stains on the pillows that were on the sofa bed in addition there was a housekeeper that on day 1 said she did not clean bathrooms and on our last day this same housekeeper became disrespectful ,rude and hostile I would never never stay there again if it was the last hotel available on the beach on a scale from 1 to 10 a 0 is what I would rate our stay at the Marjac suites!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We love staying ocean front.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

THERE IS NOT A FULL KITCHEN. I mainly picked this hotel because it showed an oven and stove. There is a super small stove top that doesn’t even work right & there is no oven. The microwave & fridge was dirty. You have to beg to get extra towels as well. The staff was awful. They have terrible customer service. The parking lot is full. One night we didn’t even have a spot to park in. We had to move a dumpster to park at our hotel and there was homeless people behind the dumpster!! There is only one elevator and it takes forever to get. You are better off to use the stairs. Also if you have little kids I do not recommend that end of the beach. The music was so loud until 2 a clock in the morning which made it hard for our 7 year old to sleep. (it’s on 22nd street) we never even got in the pool because there was so much sand and dirt in the bottom of the pool. Mark is the manager & he is just as awful as the hotel!!!! I usually don’t write reviews but this place was so bad I had to! Pick a different hotel!!

We love staying ocean front.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

• Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

They did not have enough staff working. We did not have enough towels and wash clothes. Also they did not have an blanket or sheet set for the sofa bed which was no comfortable at all.

Nice view
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Leaking AC. Mold on ceiling and window sill. Missing paint on walls. Lamps wouldn't work. Noisy housekeeping. Disgusting pool on the street. Sandy floors.

Nice view

We made the best out of the situation but will do better research in the future.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The pictures are nothing like the actual thing, The lobby is extremely small, the elevator is really slow, there is not enough parking, they only have 2 ice machines for 7 floors which were empty most of the time, and we had to request pans and an iron they weren't in the room already. Not worth the money.

The view was nice but there are over a dozen other hotels on the boardwalk with the same view.

Even though the hotel had its issues it still didn’t ruin our trip
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Well not very clean, halls smelled like trash as soon as you left the room. Some of the floors walls were not finished. Our number was taped to our door. Fridge was unlevel and coffemaker was horrible. For the price we definitely expected a bit better!

DONT STAY HERE.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The staff is the worst staff ever. Bunch of thugs and not professional at all. The rooms are horrible, dirty, and nothing like the pictures. Bring your own cleaning supplies. I will be contacting the better business bureau.

Nothing. Don’t ever stay at this crap Hotel.

Disappointed
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Poor WiFi, didn't work on our first day there. Couch bed extremely uncomfortable Wasn't very clean at checking in. Staff wasn't very helpful.

A/c worked great Ocean front view

Nightmare w/ a view
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The staff was kind but not accommodating. I asked for extra pillows to be provided when I made my reservation & upon arrival, as well as calling down several times for them. I needed them for medical reasons, but never got them. The wifi in my room didn't work. Room was filthy. Reserved for 4 ppl, didn't have enough dishes & utensils for 4 ppl, only provided 2 towels, no pillows or linens or blankets for the sofa bed. No toilet paper. TV broken in bedroom. No light bulbs in the lamps. One elevator for the whole building left me, a cripple, climbing & descending 5 flights of stairs. Parking was ridiculous. A ripoff for the money. I think I am owed refund. I could've gotten better accommodations in the street for free.

The view

Location was perfect, and love the fact it has separate...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Construction was going on everywhere, ice machine did not work well, needs more ice machines and bags to put ice in, air conditioner and refrigerator was leaking. I have been going to this hotel off an on for 20years. It is time for updates, but to charge the price during construction and not letting guest no ahead of time, very unprofessional

Location was perfect, and love the fact it has separate rooms, nice size, and nice kitchen area

great location ,good customer service the place needs some Reno .
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

the Suite is not well finished dirty walls mold on the ceiling rusty balcony door , dirty balcony chairs ,great ocean view I stop enjoying it when see the suronding ,I wish the owner realize that he needs to invest little-more in these small details ,it does make big deference unless if he target certain customers !!

great location great customer service

Fun and cozy
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

I didn't like that check is 4pm. You can't check in prior to that time. The lobby is really small and so is the elevator. Only 3 ppl can comfortably fit, with no bags.

I like that it's right on the beach

Location and that's it!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

No dishes in the suit, no cups. I had to ask twice about extra sheets and towels. Very dirty. Our hallway was unfinished and looked just terrible. It doesn't worth the money that I paid at all. Just awful place

Location and that's it!!!

Picked this hotel for location,very disappointed with overall facility
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

No onsite amenities,lobby is big enough for maybe five people,one very small very slow elevator which is also used by housekeeping.Pullout sofa was completely unsleepable,have seen bigger pools in backyards.

Location is very good

Unfortunately very, very disappointed, the pictures on the web luxe very nice
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Costumer service is like they don’t care people, WiFi very very poor I could’n Use my laptop because no signal, very,very bad smell of the room, kitchen staff very dirty

the only thing that I liked that is in front of the beach...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

the entrance to the rooms I do not like that you have to wait until 4.00 pm, I asked if I could enter before and they said no, the service is pessimistic

the only thing that I liked that is in front of the beach and the room is regular

Constant construction and they were unable to change my...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Constant construction and they were unable to change my booking price after other people in my party booked for a significantly cheaper amount, same amount of days.

never come back this hotel again,

Overall nothing we like it.

Hotel so old need to remodel, elevator is very slow ( a lot of people used stair including my family ), request bath towels 3 to 4 times,

Great location to the beach!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The small cramped lobby was often congested. The one and only elevator in the building was so SMALL, HOT, and SO SLOW, it detracted from the whole experience. You have to allow at least 20 extra minutes to get from the seventh floor to the lobby. The sofa pillows were soiled and stained.

Great location to the beach! Staff were very pleasant and helpful!

It was in front of the beach.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Everything was outdated. They provided a pot and a pan and like 2 cups but no dish soap🤷🏽‍♀️. The room just looked dingy and will not stay there again.

It was in front of the beach.

Good location, comfy beds, nice layout and all oceanfront...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Gnats everywhere in the room because balcony door doesn’t close all the way, parking lot is a cluster F, only one parking space per room , staff is rude and only one elevator for the entire hotel. Whatever you do do not touch the elevator buttons without washing hands after. the guy pushing trash on the elevator was pushing down trash with gloves on and then pushing the buttons. Every single hotel including the rinky dink ones must be fully booked and nothing else available for me to come back here.

Good location, comfy beds, nice layout and all oceanfront rooms

We like the suite has separate bedroom not just separated by...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

Very frustrating waiting for elevator. We were on a lower floor and we waited 15 minutes for elevator one day. This happened on a daily basis. Finally pushed up button first so we could get on before the others on upper floors. The tub was also slippery. Should have some stickers on the bottom. My grandson slipped and fell.

We like the suite has separate bedroom not just separated by small wall. Liked ocean views.

Dont book here
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Elevator was slow, the place was crowded, would take 15 minutes to get to your floor, the bathtub was slippery, my 5 year old slipped in the tub and so did my niece, beds hard, washer didn't work on our floor, we were supposed to have lower floor and was on 5th floor, there was only to luggage carts for 60 rooms, elevator was hot and very small, there was no parking, we ended leaving a day early and didn't get our money back, they were doing work and started like 7 am pounding

I would definitely stay here again.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

There was considerable noise coming from the street at night, and the common spaces were a little worse for wear, but it's clear they used their budget to update the rooms which was much more important anyway.

The room was beautiful! The suite was beautifully updated, the beds were clean and comfortable, and the kitchenette had everything you need. All the rooms overlook the beach with a cute little balcony.

The website offer two bedroom suites but the staff said they...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The website offer two bedroom suites but the staff said they don't offer that anymore, there is one elevator best bet is the steps. It's a good family hotel, clean and near everything.

Good accommodations overall!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Overall good experience! These are suggestions for improvements: Some construction which was started before checkout time on last day, and dusty walkway, however workers apologized for inconvenience 😊! Need more mirrors in suite, shower needed soap holder, close open wall area under kitchen sink.Need more lights in hallways leading to rooms. Only one elevator which was congested at times.

Good size suite, comfortable beds -although full beds up against wall made sharing somewhat inconvenient , friendly staff, great location!!!! Overall pleasant stay, would book again!

This was not a bed place at all stayed for 5 nights had a...
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

This was not a bed place at all stayed for 5 nights had a good time location is close all the fun stafff,, stayed with 3 kids room was clean staff was nice, had my own sheets and towels cause I am a little picky, fresh paint people are Working there but we never bothered

Ocen front view is amazing
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

There is only one elevator and it takes for ever to get to you, Parking is little tight also. I was driving big Navigator suv

Ocen front view is amazing

Great place to stay!
    • Oceanfront Suite - Higher Floor

The elevator. We were able to ride it once. The stairs to and from the 5th floor were good exercise though! :)

It was a great location, and the price was excellent!

The location was very good with a great ocean view.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The check-in was pretty straight forward and the staff at the time was friendly. The elevator is small and very slow, but luckily I bet an oceanfront lower suite since my wife and I have a one year old toddler. Upon entering the room we noticed that the floor was sandy but that is expected since we are at the beach. There were no indications of bedbugs in the bedroom, the bathroom was standard. Beds were basic and comfortable. Th bathroom had a clogged sink and the faucet for the tub/shower wasn’t tightly secured so it was falling off the wall. Water pressure was significantly low, so much that we showered in the outdoor “beach” shower half the time. The living area was ok. It is rated as a 2 star hotel so the living area is as such. Paint was on the lamp shades, refrigerator was performing very poor and not keeping baby yogurt cold, and the ac units in each room dripping condensation into the floors. No one came into our room to refresh towels, toilet paper, or basic toiletries, or even to take out the trash. We needed to request items at the front desk each time. This satisfied our needs but only because we basically just slept there and spend much of our time out of the facility. Didn’t use the pool but honestly based on how it looks and with construction going on, why use a pool with the beach a minute or so away? Staff was nice enough to allow us to keep our car at the property while we walked to brunch after checkout. Checkout was straight forward. I would not recommend staying here with a family, especially one with an infant. I thought this would be an excellent deal, but if my family and I decide to vacation again in VA Beach, we will spend the extra money for a cleaner environment for our daughter. Staff is nice but get a better cleaning crew. If the suite was cleaned just like any other hotel stay, we would have enjoyed the property better. The parking was a cluster of trouble and there really isn’t a good flow to the parking lot.

The location was very good with a great ocean view. Staff was friendly.

4.5
    Won't stay there again.
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

Staff would hold elevator.for there convience.Not use stairs. Room didn't have sheets for pull out couch expect you to come and get.Not enough towels for the people of course you had to go get. Didn't let you know on website under renovations. Got woke up at 7a.m due to renovations. Not enough ice machines to accomdate guest .Staff had no solutions on complaints. Pool was dirty.

Close to the beach.

Great place to stay, wanted to stay longer, but couldnt. The pics are the view from the balcony
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The elevator was small, and took a long time.

The staff were very friendly. When we came back to the room at the end of the day, the room was so clean, we could SMELL the cleanliness.

Not satisfied
    • Oceanfront Suite - Lower Floor

The hotels outside is very trashy. Lobby is a very small room. They do not sweep carpet only use broom. Corners were very dirty. Not a luxurious stay by any means..... not even close. Some false advertisement on the rooms, but they were painting and seeming to try remodeling. Balcony very dirty.

Rooms were spacious, ocean front. Beds were clean, and shower was great. Very hot, powerful, and excellent drain.

Browse Marjac Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront traveller photo gallery