Reviews of Detroit Metro Airport Marriott This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

30559 Flynn Road, Romulus, MI 48174, United States of America

#11 of 26 hotels in Romulus

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

When was nice and clean

Checkout is at 12 noon housekeeping came and opened up the door to the room at 10 in the morning from 10 till about 11 opening and slamming doors off the hallway could not go back to sleep very disappointed two guests in the room one coffee creamer

When was nice and clean

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

We and our friends will never book it again!

extra charges without asking. We book the room with breakfast for we thought their food should be good. But they wanted to charge us about 38 dollars per person. Moreover, the food is terrible! It is hard to find the shuttle bus! We tried to call them but their manner were horrible!

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Had a great time

Property was under construction so you had to walk outside to get back from and to the pool hot tub area it was to cold to walk outside wet but other then that loved the place

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Comfortable, quiet, clean, but disappointed with temporary gym facilities
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food trays were left outside rooms for too long - took a whole afternoon for them to be cleared. They were installing a new gym so the temporary gym was housed in a conference room. This was not great (lack of space) and two out of the three running machines were not working. The plug sockets for the desk are housed in the base of the desk lamp but due to the shape / design of the stem of the lamp it was difficult to plug in my UK plug that needed an adapter on it. Would have been good to have more than one restaurant - so choice of dining.

Clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was quiet. Bathroom facilities were good - good shower, and clean shower curtain. Free wifi was good - decent coverage and good speed

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Very displeased

Unhelpful staff. Issues checking in, room cleanliness was subpar, broken hair dryer and my room was not cleaned for my second night. Also there was a youth hockey league staying there and the children were riding scooters through the lobby.

Convenience to where I'm going

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Great stay - staff wonderful

Air conditioner made a terrible noise the second night . I turned it off however there was water all over the carpet. I told the front desk .

Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Loud

I asked for a quiet room as I was traveling with a 3 year old. She put us above the courtyard where a group of drunk people were yelling until 1:00 am. What was worse is that I kept calling the front desk and no one ever answered. Ever.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

The hotel was gorgeous and looked very nice the moment you...

We had the worst experience with our room. Even though the hotel looked great, the functionality of the place was so poor. We got back from dinner to water pouring out of the light in the shower ceiling. When maintenance came they said it was "normal" and emptied the water and went on their way. This was water coming out of an electrical feature in a shower, in no way is that "normal". we where scared to take a shower and get electrocuted. Then at 2:30 in the morning we woke up to a loud clunking noise which was the ac unit breaking. With it being a very humid night there was no way we where going to sleep comfortably without the ac going. At that point they finally asked if we would like to switch rooms, after some debating since it was 3 in the morning and we didn't want to pack everything up and switch rooms in the middle of the night, we decided it is what was best in order to get a good nights rest. My husband was leaving for military training and needed to get a goods night rest before he left. We would not suggest this hotel to anyone and would never go back ourselves.

The hotel was gorgeous and looked very nice the moment you walked in, but seemed like they may have cared more about the cosmetics then the functional updates they needed to make to the building. We ate at the hotel bar and the food was great and service was great. After all that we went through they have been working very well with us to compensate us on our stay.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

nice hotel for the price!

unprofessional employees at front desk. all other employees were very nice and friendly. wifi wasn't the most reliable. hot tub was low and wasn't that hot.

the rooms where very nice and the beds were super comfortable!!

Comfortable Stay - with areas for improvement

a. Ice making machine on 4th floor was not dispensing. b. Continuously water dripped from the basin in my assigned room. This needs to be fixed. c. Breakfast - The scrambled eggs were cold, could have been a little warmer. For tea, the provided water was cold - lukewarm. Not acceptable.

Good Lobby. Well decorated interior at entrance. Rooms were clean and noise level was low (close to airport). Overall experience was good with a few minor hiccups.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Awesome Staff-Comfortable Beds

Andrienne was awesome, helpful, and friendly. She brightened our day being that we were here because Spirit canceled our connections to Myrtle Beach. THe food was good the room was clean an comfortable and we enjoyed lounging outside waiting to go back to airport.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Close to the airport with shuttle. Very quiet and comfortable.

This is a great place to stay while we awaited an international flight to Europe. It has a great restaurant and the food was exceptionally good. The waitress was friendly and the service was good. It's surprising quiet being as close to the airport as it is. The shuttle runs about every 20 minutes to and from the hotel. Overall I was extremely satisfied with the entire experience. If traveling through Detroit again i will stay here again!

• Reviewed: May 27, 2017

Convenience, response to requests, staff morale was very...

No bottled water.A Major concern. While traveling, water is necessary and you did not have it in the room. It downgrades your facility frankly

Convenience, response to requests, staff morale was very good.Bathroom had a tub with a great position of pull up bar.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Just fine for a traveler needing a comfy place to stay while transiting at the airport

didn't spend enough time here to provide an opinion.

the bed was nice, the sheets/cover very nice, better than expected. I only spent two hours here. the late checkin was very nice though, friendly even at 2am.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Great Place Not So Great Food

Food was overpriced and the quality was poor. The bruschetta was served extremely cold...in fact the cheese was hard to cut it was cold. Tomatos weren't fresh. There was no basil. I wanted a refund, but did not ask. The rest of my meal was minimally acceptable. This impacted my overall enjoyment of the property, which was otherwise great.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2017

My reservation was misplaced under my name but the gals at...

My reservation was misplaced under my name but the gals at the deck really checked where ih where it was and was able to find my reservation booked under my name backwards Very very pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

I always book a room every year for the night before I fly...

I always book a room every year for the night before I fly to Florida. Room service is excellent and everything is done with class! Thank you and all the staff that make my stay a great one!

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Went home to have a good nites sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hot tub dirty & lo on water, jets were almost inoperateable/no towels. The heater in the room,,,,UGH! Every time it kicked on, sounded like a train was commin thru. DID NOT have a good nites sleep. DO NOT reccomend this place!

The pool was ok. Pillows / were good.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2016

Surprisingly great place with great people. And very very comfy bed....

A) Shower handset (the only option - there was no fixed showerhead) leaked & sprayed all over the place. Also, because it was handicapped-accessible (not requested, I was last-minute), the *(&#(&! showerhead was at about a foot lower than my head - major pain. B) Room service stopped @ 11pm - I was stuck in Detroit because of weather and couldn't EAT!!!!! What kind of hotel stops room service at 11? C) I HATE the "just call one number for every service" option, which results in getting transferred. D) No in-room mini-bar/snack-bar. This was especially annoying given that there was no room-service after 11. E) Good pen, but for taking notes there were only 2 pieces of 4x6 paper. And given that I was on the phone w/ Delta for 2.5 hours - I needed to take notes. Nearly wrote on the pillowcases. :-) F) Terrible lighting. Switches were hard to find/reach, and there weren't any overall room lights - just a whole lot of bedside/table lights - and even with everything on the room wasn't well-lit. G) Ridiculously expensive video options. One first-run movie was $18; I didn't consider too many others. TV options were minimal.

1) VERY comfortable bed. Great linens. 2) Spacious room. (It was a handicapped room, btw, which I hadn't requested, and has a few drawbacks, but I was last-minute.) 3) REALLY liked the toiletries - great-smelling shampoo etc., and it's about time someone figured out how to make a bar of soap that's enough to use but not totally wasted if you're only there 1 night. 4) GREAT people. All 3 desk people, and the room service person, I interacted with were VERY polite, helpful, and professional. 5) Great WiFi - (if you pony up for the high-speed, which was comp'd because I had Gold status -- I can't comment on the 'regular' WiFi). VERY good speed, easy to connect to. 6) Incredibly low rate. Probably had something to do with booking it around 9 at night after a missed flight, as well as having Lifetime Gold status, but it was insanely cheap.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2016

The food in the restaurant was good.

When people in other rooms used water our shower became burning hot. This happened every time we showered. Also the bathroom was not really clean. And the room need an up-date

The food in the restaurant was good. Having a fridge in the room was also good.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2016

Unsupervised kids a problem

Hotel is being used by middle school kids/parents from sport teams . The kids were allowed to run halls unsupervised and at the dining room for breakfast they were allowed to talk so loud and across tables / room as if they were the only ones who were there and paid good money to stay. Management needs to set basic expectations in order not impact everyone !

Location and we are life time gold marriott members so earn reward points

• Reviewed: October 12, 2016

I'd stay there again and again. Love the location

The only thing I can say was unpleasant was that our room was beside an opening that you can see the lobby and bar area and one of the nights there was a loud group up all night at the bar that kept us awake.

Check in was the fastest check in I've ever experienced. Our room was great with a good view of the planes coming in to land at the airport. Check out was quick as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2016

Great Hospitalit!

Better pillows, but I did bring my own... You can never be too sure, so I always bring my own! :)

The bed was extremely comfortable, and your staff were very accommodating! Thank you!

• Reviewed: September 7, 2016

Staff friedly and accomodating, beds were comfortable, rooms...

Coffee servicevline was long and poorly staffed.Coffee could be included.

Staff friedly and accomodating, beds were comfortable, rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2016

We had an excellent stay from the moment we entered the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need more handicap parking spaces at side entry door or better monitoring. Some vehicles in these spaces had no visible handicap plates or placards on them.

We had an excellent stay from the moment we entered the lobby. The employees, our room and the food were all great! Will definitely consider staying here again, thank you.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2016

NO FREE PARKING!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

When we checked in the staff was not friendly, seemed like it was a bother we asked a question. It CLEARLY says when you book they offer free private parking up to 7 days in which they do NOT! One of the reasons we chose to stay at this hotel . The manager did tell us we could leave our car in the parking lot,since the sight said free parking. We also booked 2 rooms they both were supposed to have a queen bed and sofa couch.They did not.

property was nice. Close to airport

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

The Marriott was a good experience for the most part.

The outside door near my room was not locked. That was a little scary after I parked closer to my room.

It was near the event I attended. It was also near dining options other than the hotel.

Humidity problems

Our room felt damp. From the covers to the air, it just felt damp. The previous guests' room service sat outside of our door for 24 hours upon arriving.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

Some of the front desk people are rude

I need to check I. To the hotel early, I made the call to the hotel . I talk to someone an they told me to come to the hotel at 2pm an my room would ready . I drove over an hour to get there a 2:47pm an a rude women at the desk told me I couldn't check in. I wasted almost 3 hours driving . She didn't even say sorry for the inconvenience. Didn't get her name but she's an older black lady

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Not very pleased

Once I got to the rooms I wasn't very impressed. I had to ask for my sheets to be changed because I wasn't sure if they had been change from the guest before but someone came up right away and took care of that. The bathroom tub wasn't very well kept either. I had lost my phone the previous day and needed to make calls that were local and different area code. When I asked the woman at the front desk she merrily replied with a I'm not sure if you get charged for local calls so I went ahead and made the calls and got charged too much for the few minutes I used the phone. It wasn't worth it and if you need to make a phone call don't do it in the rooms. I wish she had been more clear on what the charges of using the phone in the rooms were.

The front lobby was very beautiful and clean. The people at the front desks were very nice and took care of my needs. I didn't quite get his name but he was very tall, he was very helpful and took care of the questions I had very clear. I would suggest every one working there be as clear as him when answering questions.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2016

Not up to Marriott standards

Bathroom shower had pink mold all through grout in the shower. It was finally cleaned by a housekeeping supervisor the day before we left. On the day of my father's funeral we returned at 8pm exhausted and our room had not been cleaned. The privacy sign was not left on the door when we left in the morning. James had someone sent up to freshen the room while we waited in the lobby. They forgot to leave a bathroom mat and left a bag with all the trash cans trash in it in the room. The room was not vacuumed. This was not up to cleanliness standards you expect from Marriott properties. The little touches were missing. Nothing to stir the coffee the second night. One coffee with caffeine left in the room. Had to go to the lobby each day and request another caffeinated coffee. The glass doors in all the exits and entrances were never cleaned while we were there. The trash can outside the side door entrance was overflowing with trash. More could be said but I think you get the point. I stayed at the Metro Airport Comfort Inn 2 months ago and I see why it is rated #1 and the Marriott #8.

James at the reception desk went out of his way to correct room problems. He was very understanding and apologetic. He gave us complimentary breakfast tickets. He also sent a cheese plate up to the room. He is an asset to the motel.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Room was enough good.

Compared with the price, I expected more wide room.

Room was enough good.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

The checkin with booking.

The checkin with booking.com was horrible

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Pool

Pool

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Comfortable

The Bed and cleaniness of the hotel.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Didn’t park

Didn’t really look

Didn’t park

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

It was ok

They charged me a higher price then booking :(

Comfort. Room had a little smell to it when I first walked in.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Food service quality

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Comfy Bed and Convenient location.

Comfy Bed and Convenient location.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Just remind, cannot check in under 21.

Just remind, cannot check in under 21.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Very relaxing. Good food. Friendly bar and food area employe

Very clean room.

Little small but very comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

Clean, Comfortable, and Close to the Airport.
    • King or Double Room with Concierge Lounge Access

I liked everything. The shuttle to the airport made the stay golden.

Close to the airport and surrounded by other hotels.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Close to airport and comfortable

Proximity to airports

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Font desk staff was excellent, especially Ms.

Font desk staff was excellent, especially Ms. MH who was partucukarly pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Nice hotel, friendly Staff

Nice hotel, friendly Staff

Fantastc

There was nothing to dislike

Thanks every thing was lovely the reception was great

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Told included parking and it did not!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Told included parking and it did not!

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Service in cafe was inadequate.

Service in cafe was inadequate. Slow and not enough staff to handle the number of guests seeking breakfast.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Room was very nice and comfortable.

Room was very nice and comfortable. Restaurant food was excellent Beautiful lobby.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Detroit

Wasn't fond of the comfort of the beds. Wifi should have eaiser access instead of having to create an acct.

Staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2017

The hotel close to airport

Cold weather

The hotel close to airport

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Nice and comfortable stay.

Little bit old.

Nice and clean hotel.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2016

missed flight connection thank goodness for Marriott brand and consistency of service

Bed like a cloud Incredibly efficient check in Help with charger for phone and iPad New with nice modern artwork had a real fresh feel

• Reviewed: September 27, 2016

Room good, food awful

The food was awful. Lunch was passable but was served raw chicken at dinner.

Room was nice although the chair had a big rip in it.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Beautiful facility

Could not use aaa or aarp discounts

Bed was very comfortable, clean modern room.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2016

Good shopping overnighter
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

There was no breakfast with our booking

• Reviewed: September 9, 2016

Great Stay

Would stay again..

• Reviewed: September 4, 2016

evey poor

cannot provide 2-bed room regardless of my booking.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

Mixed stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Was given wrong room; no sofa bed. Only had the bed and chair and staff only offered rollaway bed.

Pool and hot tub were nice. Nice bar area.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2016

Very outdated.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very outdated....corners in bathroom area dirty.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2016

Room was dusty- stain on carpet - shower needs to be re-grout

see left

Room was dusty- stain on carpet - shower needs to be re-grout

• Reviewed: May 24, 2016

A great location without the feel of an airport hotel.

Nothing bad

A great location without the feel of an airport hotel. Great rooms, bar & restaurant. Although we didnt use all the facilities it was goid to know they were there.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2016

Ted the front desk person told me I needed a 400 dollar...

Ted the front desk person told me I needed a 400 dollar deposit on top of the 260 charged for both rooms. In which wasn't mentioned. During the reservation

• Reviewed: January 6, 2016

The shuttle driver took us on board, went to the terminal...

The shuttle driver took us on board, went to the terminal and left off every on else (old terminal) and then returned to the hotel to pick up other passengers and then took us to our terminal.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2015

The cost of the room received from booking.

The staff was very rude and not helpful. Made reservation and requesred early arrival and thry would not honor it. Had no where to stay while in Michigan for a funeral. When i called to speak with the manager after his arrival he was unconcerned and did not help

The cost of the room received from booking.com

• Reviewed: September 9, 2015

Decor and comfort of room was excellent.

There was hair in the shower. The in-room coffee only served one person and the "no refrigeration needed" cream curdled so I had to throw my coffee out. I was accustomed to the continental breakfast at other locations and was disappointed to wake up and discover we had to go off site for an affordable breakfast.

Decor and comfort of room was excellent. The hot tub was nice and hot and the pool was clean. Having a refrigerator in the room was convenient as well. The staff was courteous and the lobby seemed like a pleasant place for folks to gather.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2015

The room was great, everything was updated and very clean.

Id love to stay there again but the it can get costly. maybe a coupon day or something would be nice.

The room was great, everything was updated and very clean. bed was great and location was great. fast and easy check-in with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2015

Really liked the ease of getting in and out fur to the late...

We needed an extra blanket for my one of my two boys who needed to sleep on the chair/ottoman and were told they're weren't anymore for the same reason we were not able to get a room with two beds instead of one king size due to a hockey team being in the hotel that night :(

Really liked the ease of getting in and out fur to the late hour of our arriva (close to 1:30 am).

• Reviewed: January 27, 2015

The bed was comfortable and very clean.

The staff was pleasant but indifferent. There was no interest in being helpful.

The bed was comfortable and very clean. The hotel was close enough to the airport.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2015

Location to airport, very nice bar in lobby, friendly staff.

The price for one night was a touch high,but you have us on the hook if we have an early flight, gave up on free Wi-Fi.

Location to airport, very nice bar in lobby, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2015

The Location, the kind and helpful staff and the design and...

There wasn't a refrigerator in the room. There wasn't a real closet and the room itself was pretty small.

The Location, the kind and helpful staff and the design and atmosphere of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2016

The security guy at the parking

The security guy at the parking

• Reviewed: May 23, 2016

overpriced compared to others in area

overpriced compared to others in area

• Reviewed: April 26, 2016

Rooms need update.

Rooms need update. Mattress was to soft. Outdated facility for the cost.

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.