Reviews of Philadelphia Marriott Downtown 4 stars

1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA

#31 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

5.2

Very happy with our stay here - staff were friendly and...

Very happy with our stay here - staff were friendly and helpful, room was really comfortable and quiet, the fitness center was much better than most hotel fitness centers, and the location is excellent. We loved being able to walk to different activities and being across the street from Reading Terminal Station was perfect for breakfast.

• Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The parking at the hotel cost us $53.00 for one night. I did not know about this expense in advance and I think it was ridiculous to have to pay so much for parking your car in a hotel you are staying in. Also had homless people laying right outside the doors of the hotel in the evening.

Comfortable and good location

Room looked dated. The shower had low pressure and was not removable. WiFi was expensive, for such a large hotel I would have expected free WiFi.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Bed was very comfortable. Location was good. Room was clean.

The bed was vey comfortable, the room was clean and quiet.

I expected free wifi in the room; one of the days there was no water in the hotel and the staff were not very friendly in dealing with this; the pool was not open on 4th of July - without notice.

The bed was vey comfortable, the room was clean and quiet.

overall loved our stay and will difinitely stay again when in Philadelphia

King Maytress was too firm and linen very starched! Stiff

your phone staff was excellent! She got us to the valet parking. She stayed on the line with us till we got there! Front desk staff were both pleasant and professional! 5 Stats!

Bring your GPS to find the rooms
    • Tower Room - 1 King Bed

It's huge....not big, huge! Would not want a few too many drinks before trying to find the rooms Paid WiFi....why? No complimentary water

Comfortable and clean Good location, though a wrong turn could be nasty

Would definitely stay again!!

Everything was amazing!! We arrived into town a little early so they allowed us to check in early and gave us a room with an amazing view of the sunrise.

Competent management could have made our stay pleasant. Unfortunately, there was none.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I'm a longtime Marriott Rewards member and Marriott shareholder. It's in my interest for Marriott hotels to do well. But my experience in this particular property compels me to warn other guests about what we encountered. Rooms occupied by existing guests aren't made up until after 5 pm every day. Early in the morning, hotel security personnel are walking around the hallways with the volume turned all the way up on their hand-held radios, making sleep impossible after 6:30 am. The "heated" pool is cold, nowhere near the temperature shown on the thermostat. The television check-out function didn't work, and the assistant operations manager, a young smart-mouth named Kyle, threatened to toss us out when we had the audacity to ask that our room made up when we returned from a long day at 4 pm. (He never followed through on the threat, of course, but his offensive attitude was bad enough. Our room wasn't made up until 5:30 pm.) This was the worst experience I've had in my 20 years staying at Marriott hotels, which remains my favorite hotel chain but which I will be sure to avoid the next time I'm in Philly.

The room was a good size for two people. The housekeeper was an intelligent, engaging, and hard-working young woman who I hope finds a more-rewarding job soon. The location is convenient to the Metro and City Hall, but there isn't much in the area to draw your interest after hours, including finding a decent restaurant. For that, you'll have to probably take a cab somewhere. We were allowed to check in early, which was helpful because our plane landed in Philly before 9 am and we must have arrived at the hotel before 11 am.

If you've got it.

It was in an awesome location. It's not too far away from fishtown, which is the cool trendy area near all the bars and breweries and casinos, but it's also close to the historical area. It's right next to the market, I forget what it is called, but that place is also awesome. I don't know if I would stay here again, just because it was kind of pricey, but if you have the money I would definitely recommend it.

Great Weekend Getaway

Kid's Burger.. two sliders for $10! :(

Friendly, attentive staff. Room service was prompt and the food delicious (however, the "Kids burger" turned out to be two sliders for $10.. too much money. Hotel is centrally located with plenty of choices for eating and parking. Recommend this hotel.

I will definitely choose Mariott for all my stays in Philadelphia

I was in the new section which was located away from the dining. I would have preferred if I was in the main part of the hotel.

Beautiful clean room, I felt safe knowing that my key card gave me access to all the facilities, including the elevator. The restaurant served a delicious breakfast and the servers throughout the entire facility were top notch.

Location Value Clean and Comfortable

The area our room was located in was older and we felt the hallways and rooms need to be updated.

Location is very good, close to many attractions, especially the Reading Terminal Market. Beautiful lobby with plenty of room and seating. All staff we encountered were extremely helpful and courteous. Nice fitness facility. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the room was...

out of two ice makers on my floor neither of them were working. The only shuttle service was a outside company and expensive. I asked for transport from this hotel to the Marriott at the airport my 4th night in a Marriott and I had to provide my own transfer. This is the first hotel chain that does not do this.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable, the room was clean and the bath products were high quality. You couldn't beat the location, it was easy to get any where and the Market Place was across the street.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was large.

The rooms were quite dated and should be renovated. Bathroom was old as well... Upon arrival I wanted to log in to the wifi in the room and it said I had to pay around 17 USD per day for the use. Only Wifi in the lobby was free of charge. I went down to the lobby and logged in there with both my computer and my mobile phone. When I came up to my room again, I was able to log in to wifi there free of charge as well. Breakfast was served and it took really long to get it. Not suitable for business travellers when you are in a hurry.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was large.

A comfortable stay downtown

For the price of the room, I was very disappointed that the free WiFi was only available in the lobby. To obtain WiFi access in your room, the rate is approx. $14 / day. In the morning, I had a hotel staff member knock on my door at 9 am to ask when I would be leaving. It felt like they wanted me to leave as soon as possible to make room for the next guests, though my check - out time wasn't until 11 am.

The lobby of the hotel is very nice, as was the room I stayed in. The staff were accommodating in holding my luggage prior to check - in and dealing with an issue with my room. It was a comfortable stay very close to the Pennsylvania Convention Center as well as other notable areas. There are also plenty of dining options within walking distance.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were amazing.

There was not a notepad and pen in the room, which is pretty standard at even lower-end hotels. It‘s a small thing, but as a business traveler I consider a notepad and pen as basic amenities.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were amazing. The location has great access to both the Pennsylvania Conference Center as well as walking distance from historical sites.

The bed was super comfortable.
    • Tower Room - 1 King Bed

The rooms need to be stocked with more full size towels and less hand towels.

The bed was super comfortable. There was a mini fridge in our room, which was awesome. Very clean and neat. Staff was super friendly!

Could have been better

The hotel did not have my reservation in their system. After saying they match the booking.com rate at chechin, they added in an extra levy at check out time. Also, in response to my questioning the bill the person deliberately turned away and then asked me what was I asking...RUDE!

Nothing specific in the room or hotel.

Great treat

It is priced to reflect Center City Phila

We were greeted no less than three times upon arrival. Extremely quick check-in. Room was clean and the King bed comfortable

Great stay!

Parking is expensive, but this is due to the central location.

Great location with a wide selection of shopping, restaurants, landmarks and other attractions all within short walking distance. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The price was definitely inline with the quality received.

Staff was wonderful.

Fitness room tv was set at Fox "News"? And not easy to change. Suggest allowing guests to make large screen TV channel selection.

Excellent central location making most destinations highly walkable. Next to Reading Terminal and Jefferson train stop. Very quiet room. Ours had a great view of City Hall & downtown. Fairly large fitness area/gym overlooking lobby/street.

Great central location to everything (restaurants, tourists...
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Although the location was great, the activity going on around it wasn’t the best, but that could be just due to economic despair.

Great central location to everything (restaurants, tourists spots, etc.)

I'll stay here again
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Hotels was good overall. 1 of the beds in my room had stains on the sheets. It was so late when we arrived I didn't bother to call the front. Upon checkout I did notify the front desk & $30 was removed from my bill

Location was good. Check was fast. Check out was ok...

Beautiful hotel and close (walking distance) to lots of...

Room was A lot Smaller than expected and located next to elevators. Could hear the elevators going up and down all night. Parking costs are outrageous.

Beautiful hotel and close (walking distance) to lots of attractions.

Overpaid for basic room and overpaid for parking.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Price for a night is far to expensive as well as the parking fee is to high. Waiting to get in off the street to park was ridiculous. Pool water was freezing. Not having a free parking garage.

Very clean hotel, nice lobby an fitness center.

Hotel provided disappointing service and facilties including fake free wifi advertising.

See above.

1. When I called hotel to ask about availability of a robe I was told that because I booked on-line "through a third party" no request could be handled and that was "the price you pay" for not booking directly with PMD. On arrival, however, my request was cheerfully filled. 2. When I got on elevator to go to floor 9 the elevator bounced up and down from floor 10 to 21 and points in between. Pressed my roomcard to the detector but the button for floor 9 never lit up. Finally a woman got on whose card permitted lightin floor 9 and I was able to get off. Interesting. 3. Ten minutes later I tried to use the "free wifi" advertised in the on-line PMD site and even (!) noted in the questionnaire above. Forced to put up ~$15 in order to contact my team at home. Called and requested an explanation and was told there was free wifi but only in hotel lobby. After waiting on phone some minutes for further response, hung up but call came in a few minutes with offer to delete charge. Was told I wasn't using the "right" PMD site. How would one even know there is a "right" site? Hmmm? 4. Hallway was drear and had an off-smell. There was left-over food (mac & cheese?) in room refrigerator. There was a blotch of red coloring on one of the pillowcases. The light/fan did not seem to be working in the bathroom. Was delighted to find there was hot water. Walls at corners of bathroom were crumbling with detritus on floor. 5. Went to central foyer bar to meet contacts. Entered from front stairs using left hand railing which gave way. Clearly been loose for some time. Sat at small table near stairs. Leaned on round table which promptly gave way by more than four inches. Both could be considered a form of hazard, no? WHO IS CARING FOR THIS HOTEL AND IT'S TRAINING FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE? I met several friendly, helpful staff at front-desk and bar. On telephone, not.

I came for a graduation and enjoyed my stay although I believe the city must do more to address the

Egg white order The homeless.They need a place to lounge, shower, eat, get mental health and/or alcohol/drug abuse help, job training, housing. City needs huge signs saying where they can get help.

The bed was fluffy.

First room they checked me into was aleady occupied. Had to go back down to front desk. Then put me in room with 2 doubles - I had requested a king. Room was dirty - esp bathroom. Black hair in bathtub - yuk! Also extremely noisy.

Good Location

Very good

The pillows- Was in a hurry to get someone to airport and didn't check out.....hope all was well with that.

The front desk was very helpful and courteous!

Frustrating arrival and departure with valet. All else was superb
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Valet parking was poorly organized. The routing was backwards causing gridlock in front of the hotel. No signs on opposite side of building to direct you to the other side. Very expensive and the ticket scanner for pick up is terrible. Valets themselves were excellent.

Location was ideal. Price of the room was very reasonable for downtown.

Not worth the money .
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

No Maid service for our room even after request of just putting some clean towels in room. Bell men Never brought belongings to room. Had to go to lobby and retrieve them. Conned into valet parking with the understanding it was going to be complimentary after misunderstanding of parking options. Elevators took forever. Temperature was warm even with A/C on. In general the hotel needs some updating.

The gift shop was nice. Good location.

Terrible. For the cost it was terrible

It was loud until 1:00am. I thought the walls would be thicker. It wasn’t a high end hotel that I thought it would be for how much I paid for staying there.

A nice stay with friendly staff and good food.

The parking situation was a little hard to figure out. I parked my own car in the parking garage next door. It was after we walked out of said garage that we saw there was parking at the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food at the 13th street restaurant was awesome.

It was confusing trying to find room 9119, however those...

The confusion in finding my room. It was a long walk requiring 2 different elevators.

It was confusing trying to find room 9119, however those rooms are huge. Loved it.

It was a good experience and a good hotel located right where we needed it to be.

The beds were not as firm or comfortable as I would have liked. Shower was a bit small. Rooms were on the plainer side, and the Minimal selection of breakfast food for pre-paying visitors felt a bit unfair. If known, I would not have prepaid but paid up front.

I enjoyed the location and it's convenience. Check in/Check out was simple and easy, and breakfast was very tasty and filling.

Enjoyed ourselves at the Volleyball tournament

Room had an odd smell and the air conditioner never got cool

My daughter left her purse and we received a call that they found the purse and sent it back to us with cash and items still at inside

I Like it!

Very good hotel. I had big and very comfortable room. Very good bed and pillows. Nice personal and easy check-in/check-out process. Hotel located in the city centre on the main street. Very nice location. Definitely recommend.

Average hotel in great location

Very loud and busy hotel. Checking in and out took forever, only few desks were open and waiting time was around 20-30 minutes. No free WIFI, which you would expect from a 4-star hotel

Great location Comfortable beds

Comfortable and fun.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Pool area too isolated. Afraid to go there alone. Housekeeping took too long to bring replacement for soiled sheets (child got sick in the night). It was after 11pm and apparently there were few staff around.

Size of rooms, halls, and other spaces. Great location and friendly, helpful staff at check-in and check- out. Liked the central bar and bartenders. Liked 13 restaurant - big tables and nice buffet and waitresses.

Check in is easy, rooms are spacious, in hotel dining is...

There was one incident with a very loud and lengthy alarm of some sort which couldn’t be avoided but that’s all.

Check in is easy, rooms are spacious, in hotel dining is great too

The bed was like a cloud.

It was expensive for a basic hotel room. They charged for in-room wifi and had a poor selection of tv channels.

The bed was like a cloud. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby. It was quiet and impeccably clean.

Room needed alot of updates and maintenance .

Room needed alot of updates and maintenance . Carpet was worn and rumbled (a trip factor )and toilet leaked on floor. Have stayed here year after year for flower show , this year worse room !

Nice stay expect ... read comment above!
    • Tower Room - 1 King Bed

When I arrived, they DIDN’T have our booking confirmation and I showed them the email from Booking.com. And said will honor the price stated.. 254.84. But I was shocked when checked my bank account ... 413.66 AND 299.66 for a total of 732.32 for 1 night!? So I’m checking. But not pleased!!!

Convenient

I made a reservation through booking.com and the hotel could not find my reservation...but the hotel honored my reservation anyway which i fully appreciated.

Spacious. Cleanliness. Amenities. Bell service was excellent. Jose the front desk serviceman during check in was excellent excellent excellent

Old hotel in a busy city - long lines to check in - overall not a usual Marriott.

The check in staff was abrupt and not very polite. The hotel was extremely noisy and we were woken up by neighbours 2 mornings in a row as the rooms are old and not sound proofed.

Location was good

It was a great hotel right down town, enjoyed our stay. But parking was an issue & very exspensive.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Parking was a real issue. The only option for parking was valet for $53 a night or the garage across the street for $40 a night.

Staff very kind & helpful, gorgeous lobby, clean rooms, & hallways smelled good unlike some other hotels.

The location was convenient.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I would have liked to get a receipt at check out but the line was very long.

The location was convenient. A lot of restaurants nearby and right in the heart of center city. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

AMAZING!!!!!
    • Tower Room - 2 Double Beds

I liked everything. Location, staff, my room ....everything!

The young lady who checked me and my housekeeper were my favorite but ALL of your staff are amazing!!!!!! I work in customer service and there is nothing that makes me happier than EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Everyone employee I passed had a smile and a greeted me pleasantly. I felt like the most important person in the world. It was amazing!

Our room was spacious, comfortable, and had a great view.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

There was no microwave even though the posting mentioned one. There was no hair dryer either. And my daughter couldn’t get the tv to work.

The hotel was a very good proximity from our event. They had the nicest sheets I think ive ever slept on

I booked this hotel for my son's birthday and booked it...
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

I booked this hotel for my son's birthday and booked it because it had a pool. When we got here the pool was being renovated and we were told we could get a cab to another one of their hotels to use the pool.

I keep it real .
    • Tower Room - 1 King Bed

I didn’t like how far the room was from the lobby. My view was terrible. The pool had way to much chlorine. The rooms were okay . Not super clean. The bed was not comfortable at all . And to top it off , valet was $60 for one night .

The lobby was really nice .

The room is clean and large;

The paint on the bathroom ceiling is peeling and the light fixtures show rust stains. The sheets are too small for the bed.

The room is clean and large; very comfortable.

My stay was good. I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years, never had a bad time.

The tax in Philly is always too much. Tax + cost of room makes it a bit pricy for me.

I like the location. it is walking distance of a lot of events, and the convention center is very close.

The staff was excellent.

The location was great, right across the street from Reading Terminal Market. We had an issue with our car (which we valet parked) and the staff was so helpful and jump started the car for us after we had an issue with our battery.

This Marriot is in a perfect location.

This Marriot is in a perfect location. I love having Starbucks in the lobby, and the staff is always excellent! There are lots of great restaurants within walking distance, and in a pinch the hotel restaurant is very good. All in all a great stay.

My stay was due to inclement weather.

My stay was due to inclement weather. The wifi was NOT free, I actually paid for it. And the saddest part was I could not succeed in my task after I paid for the wifi as the "remote desktop" I had planned to log in to had powered off due to a power outage. I paid for no reason.

Overall my wife & I enjoyed our stay the staff in the hotel are very professional,

The parking was too expensive. There are several doors that I notice on the property that should be replaced ( large cracks ).

The food @ restaurant 13 was very good. The breakfast included was a great value & dinner was delicious! The location was very good, also.

It was a great location for me cause I was attending a...

I called 4 times for sheets for the pullout couch. It took 12 hours and I ended up having to go down to gey them myself.

It was a great location for me cause I was attending a competition in the convention center.

Excellent service. I could not be happier and always choose Marriott hotels above others.

Very small valet area out front. Very cramped in the city.

Front desk worker was very nice and helpful. Hotel worker wheeled all our luggage to our room for us and advised us on navigating through the hotel and Phila convention center.

Perfect. Going back in March for the Flower Show.

Great location. Friendly staff. Great bar.....we loved Desiree The room was comfy and it had a very nice bathroom. We always try and stay there when we go to Philadelphia from Cape May, NJ. Easy access to restaurants and Reading Terminal Market.

Clean hotel, clos

Attached restaurant. Expensive, little on menu. Food was not that good. Wi fi free only if you had Marriott rewards.

Attached to convention center,Where we were going for an event. Close to outside restaurants

In the words of my teenager....meh. There are so many cool hotels in Philly...why stay here?

Very generic, industrial feeling...claustrophobic hallways and small rooms that can't fit a roll away.

Clean. Given how busy it was - staff was excellent.

Leisurely weekend getaway in the heart of city center with plenty to do & see

Trying to check out, wanted to do ExpressCheck out over the phone and was on hold for several minutes and then the representative was unable to complete check out… Had to go down to the desk but once there it was taken care of properly.

Perfect city center location within walking distance to several different restaurants and points of interest. Beautiful hotel, clean and comfortable with very courteous and attentive staff.

Amazing! Will be back !

Everything was great, didn’t not like anything.

All over a really good experience, friendly & helpful stafff. The hotel was gorgeous and in prime location!

On our first morning (Sunday), someone did knock in to clean...

On our first morning (Sunday), someone did knock in to clean our room at around 10.30/11 but we were still in bed. Nobody came back after that however so the room was never cleaned that day. It wasn't a major deal though! Everything else was great.

Great weekend getaway! Lobby bar is an awesome spot to people watch or hang out.

Food and beverages in the hotel were expensive.

Reading Terminal Market is right across the street for a great selection of breakfast and lunch options.

Very nice comfortable very relaxing

The view

The room was very clean,bathroom clean the view was ok.the bar lounge was very nice my wife had wine and I had a cocktail,very good,we will go back again

Great Superbowl stay!!!
    • King Room - Concierge Level

Had a great stay. I was there for the Superbowl. They made it very enjoyable for the Eagle fans. It is right near everything. The only negative I would say is the placement of the tv in the restaurant. There is a lamp that hangs down, right in front of the tv. That was quite annoying. I really don't understand that design. They may want to move it for next year. 😉 But anyway.. The hotel was very clean and extremely accommodating.

Clean comfortable, but no free wifi

The hotel charges for internet in room. This is not the 1980's. The Marriott in new York where I stayed for 14 nights did not charge. I will not stay there again because of this.

Location and comfortable bed. Only stayed fir one night to go to NBA game

I am not happy with the Booking.

I am not happy with the Booking.com service. The Hotel could not find the reservation from the Booking.com site. Thank God they had a room available. I reserved a King Size bed but since they could not find the Reservation they gave me a 2 bed room.

THE WORLD IS AT YOUR FEET WHEN YOU STAY AT THE PHILADELPHIA DOWNTOWN MARRIOTT!

I DO NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

DESPITE THE CROWDS THAT CONVERGED IN PHILADELPHIA THESE PAST FEW DAYS, I ARRIVED AT THE HOTEL BEING GREETED BY VERY NICE AND HELPFUL STAFF. THIS IS NOT UNUSUAL FOR THE STAFF HERE BECAUSE THE EMPLOYEES ARE ALWAYS FRIENDLY, HELPFUL AND MAKE YOU 'FEEL AT HOME'!. MY ROOM WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND THAT WAS A WELCOME BREATH OF FRESH AIR AS I WAS CAUGHT UP EARLIER IN TRAIN AND TRAFFIC JAMS DUE TO THE RUSH HOUR. THIS IS A GREAT LOCATION FOR FAMILIES AND INDIVIDUALS. I ATE AT THE RESTAURANT AND THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD.

Good rooms with decent facilities.

Small bath. Apparently the booking we made on booking.com wasn’t registering with their system so we had to rebooked under the condition they would give us the same rate as we had expected. However they tried to charge us $70 more upon check out and if we hadn’t spotted it right as we left, it would have applied. But when spotted they changed it fairly painlessly.

Good rooms with decent facilities. Amazing gym-probably the best hotel gym I’ve been to. Large and clean in a good fairly central location. Overall a good Marriott and price was decent in comparison to others in area over Super Bowl weekend.

YOUR STAY AT THE PHILADELPHIA MARRIOTT WILL FEEL LIKE YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!

I WAS SATISFIED WITH EVERYTHING. THE STAFF IS ALWAYS ON HAND TO ASSIST YOU.

I BECAME CONCERNED ABOUT MY ARRIVAL WHEN I EXPERIENCED MASSIVE DELAYS ALONG AMTRAK'S NORTHEAST CORRIDOR LINE FROM BOSTON TO WASHINGTON DC. HOWEVER, MY FEAR OF LOSING MY RESERVATION DIMINISHED AS I ARRIVE RATHER LATE AND THE STAFF WELCOMED ME AND ASSURED ME THAT MY RESERVATIONWAS FINE! THIS IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT STAYING HERE WHENEVER I TRAVEL TO PHILADELPHIA. THE STAAFF AND MANAGEMENT MAKE YOU FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL THE ENTIRE STAFF ARE. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME WHERE EVER I STAY, WHETHER HOME OR ABROAD. THE LOCATION IS SUPERB. I HAD IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO THE METRO SYSTEM...BUSES, SUBWAYS AND TROLLEYS. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME IN ORDER FOR ME TO CONNECT WITH THE LOCATIONS THAT I NEED TO BE! I ALWAYS ENJOY THE FOOD AT THE RESTAURANT. MY HOTEL ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE. TAXI SERVICE IS DIRECTLY OUTSIDE OF THE HOTEL. ATMOSPHERE MEANS EVERYTHING WHEN I TRAVEL.

Excellent location, nice sized rooms and good facilities at...

Common for many hotels but I would have liked windows that open, even if only a small amount.

Excellent location, nice sized rooms and good facilities at the hotel.

As a business hotel, this hotel suffices.

Firstly, in this day and age, it doesn't make sense to have to pay for WiFi. I think all hotels should offer this for free. Secondly, even though I opted in to the program that only serviced my room on the third day, I needed my room to be cleaned on the second day. I called Housekeeping twice, and was promised twice that my room will be cleaned, but nothing happened. Only after the third call and a lengthy discussion, was action actually taken. Thirdly, after an 18 hour flight, I get to check-in and was told that their system is down and I had to wait 10 minutes. Then when their system came back online, they couldn't find my Booking.com reservation and had to recreate my reservation.

The location is excellent. It's central and close to the business, food and shopping hubs. The Starbucks in the lobby is really convenient, plus they have free WiFi at the Starbucks, compared to the hotel itself where you have to pay for WiFi.