Reviews of Maui Seaside Hotel 2 stars

100 West Kaahumanu, Kahului, HI 96732, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Kahului

Very friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

Very friendly staff. Location was great close to the airport, shopping & several restaurants. Beach right by the hotel very private like and not congested also the room was perfect for me & my family. Grounds keepers did a wonderful job maintaining the grounds. Hospitality room was a nice offer.

This is a pricy budget hotel and would only recommend staying here as a temporary accommodation.
    • Standard Room

The rooms are very outdated and smelled pretty musty. We had to ask for a different room and got a better one but had to air it out for a few hours. it was $10 to park there which wasn’t cool since the room was very expensive for what you get. think motel near the ocean. I would not recommend staying here your entire trip. It is only good to stay for a night or two like we did - from Lahaina it saved us an hour before our flight home.

The pool area was nice and staff was accommodating when we asked for a different room. It was close to the airport so it was convenient for us on the last night before heading home.

Convenient says it all.
    • Standard Room

Rooms were cramped, and breakfast service was slow.

The building is not new, but the rooms are adequate. Pleasant to sit outside in the evening. The location is all you could ask if you have a morning flight at Kahului.

A relaxing experience.
    • Standard Room

The location is ideal- not far from the airport and close to shops and harbour Also helpful, friendly staff and the hotel was small which was a nice change.

We will definitely return to this hotel again!!!
    • Standard Room

Our mini fridge was hard for my twins to open up, so they could get their water. Need a better ice container than a foam one. And the laundry room was not shown on the hotel map good.

Our room was fairly comfortable and my requests accomodations was meet.

We were pretty comfortable and happy. Mahalo. Joe
    • Standard Room

We were in Room 111. The little window above the air conditioner should have a curtain or covering. It is pretty lighted at night in the room. Thanks

Receptionists, especially PURITY who was very friendly and helpful during our check-in. I forgot my water bottle on the desk and she walked to our room to deliver it. Wow! Grounds/landscape is exceptional and neat.

One night stay.
    • Standard Room

The price, overpriced, even though it's on Maui it is too expensive for what you get. Dated hotel, bathrooms are small.

Friendly employee's, rooms are good size even though it was two double beds.

We were at Hotel 3 times, always for 1 night and it was a...
    • Standard Room

We were at Hotel 3 times, always for 1 night and it was a great choice. The stuff is great, always smiling and helpful. The lobby is open 24/7, so there is no problem with late or early flight, its a few minutes from airport, you can have a parking lot next to hotel for fee (10 USD/night), there is also restaurant opened from 7 am to 10 pm (break 2-5pm) with good food (for us with really big portions). Kaahamuna queen shopping centre is 10 minutes walk. You have a pool and acces to beach in hotel. Stuff has no problem with store your luggages if you have a late flight, you can use pool and eat in restaurant if you dont want to take a walk in city. Rooms were cleaned, spacious with air conditioning. Beds were comfortable. I recommend it :) thanks for great stay here.

Perfect to get some sleep and keep traveling
    • Standard Room

Hotel has super long corridors which make it look a bit like my dormitory from uni time. If one of the 100 tenants on the floor is too loud during the night he may wake you up.

Very nice personnel, we were tired and made quite a few mistakes which could annoy any other receptionist. Hotel close to a beach which was empty in the morning, only the crabs were running on it :) Perfect place to stop when you come back from Road to Hana in the evening. Lots of shops around. The room was very big and had two double beds. This was also one of the cheapest hotels I found on Maui since all I needed was a place to crash for sleep, from that perspective the hotel exceeded expectations.

This was a good 2 star hotel, centrally located, with some great features and some unreliability
    • Deluxe Room

My husband and I had a rocky check-in process with a new employee who was friendly and trying hard but made a number of mistakes (i.e., assigned us to a room already occupied). In the process of trying to correct the error she offered to transfer the two people who were already unpacked and taking a nap in the room we were given. We did not want that option! But all ended well after these mis steps and we were given a room a few doors down on the first floor with a great view of the harbor. The receptionists discourage swimming in the bay (they have a sandy beach and generally quiet waters in the back of the hotel) because of the fuel from ships entering the harbor. When the wind blew toward us we could smell fumes when the big ships were docked. However, most of the time there was no associated odor and we saw a number of people swimming next door at the Maui Beach Motel so my husband eventually took a dip. The pool doesn’t open until 9:00 and he wanted to take a swim before we set off for the day before 9:00. He thought the waters in the bay were good enough and the sandy beach makes for pretty good swimming, but the water is unclear. Also, be aware, when we returned from a day of hiking after 5:00 p.m. and found our room had not yet been made up, my husband was told that the Housekeeping policy is that we need to ask for an early room make up if we wanted it done before 5:00 pm. This policy seemed unusual. On the positive side, when I asked for the room to be made when we returned that day, housekeeping did so immediately. The WFI is a bit hinky...my connection kept getting interrupted and I would have to sign in again…this happened repeatedly on my phone and Surface. Lastly if , like me, you want to print out your boarding pass before you leave, the process is a bit unique. The receptionist asks for your ID and then gives you a mouse and keyboard to take to the monitors.

The A/C was a pleasure and the two-bed room was roomy enough with a desk and two chairs, a closet and a frig., but no microwave. The pool makes a very nice setting along with the harbor view and the lawn is something special--both big and wonderfully kept. Young people played ball on the lawn many evenings and the place seemed very family oriented but good for couples as well. We saw one huge cruise ship dock in the harbor for two days during our stay. It was fun to see the big ship go in and out. Every evening we saw people paddling outriggers across the bay until after sunset. The sunset, btw, can be quite beautiful. All was very picturesque except for the box cars on the docks. One of the best aspects of this motel is the included breakfast. A restaurant (Tante’s) is adjoined to the hotel and offers 3 included options. My husband chose the pancake and omelet breakfast with juice option and I chose the traditional two eggs (anyway you want) with country potatoes, a slice of ham, toast, and coffee (big hiking days need fuel…). The country potatoes are very tasty but the bread used for toast is unremarkable… however, the English muffins are good. The third option is a “Healthy breakfast” with yogurt, oatmeal, and granola with your drink of choice. We also ordered the homemade corn beef hash (for $6.00) which was wonderful when we got to the restaurant early and a bit too greasy the day we got there late (breakfast is served until 11:00 for those sleep in days). The restaurant service is very good to excellent depending on how busy they are. Overall, the restaurant breakfast experience was wonderful. Checkout is at noon, but they gave us a late checkout of 1:00 which was helpful. I was told for a fee we could stay even later. s.

Absolutely loved it - will stay again for sure!
    • Standard Room

great experience. My son had arranged to have a large floral arrangement in my room on my arrival and it was a wonderful surprise. Wish the pool was open later ad wish we had a microwave and more parking However that being said, the staff and facility could not have been more accommodating and field with the aloha spirit!

Aloha spirit not found at Maui Seaside Hotel
    • Standard Room

staff were not helpful and not friendly. they did not go out of their way at all! And put a microwave in each room - it's 2018! Lost my prescription glasses on property while there and they were no help. I did not find the "Aloha" spirit at this hotel despite it being owned by Hawaiian people. Would not return and definitely not recommend.

clean rooms although they didn't get to us until late in the day so couple days I cancelled cleaning. traditional meals very good in restaurant.

Beautiful property will stay there again
    • Standard Room

Elevator was located in wrong area because my husband had a hard time walking up the stairs.but overall it was a great experience.

Everything was close by and really enjoyed ourselves.

Location in proximity to airport is good.
    • Standard Room

Hotel was too expensive for a place about on par with a Motel 6. Expected better value, service, cleanliness and comfort for the money.

Location in proximity to airport is good.

That when the toilet broke at 10pm, there was actually...
    • Standard Room

That when the toilet broke at 10pm, there was actually someone on hand to fix it pretty quickly. The security gate so people had to go through the lobby after a certain time in the evening was good.

Upon arrival and check in to our room we were shocked at how...
    • Standard Room

Upon arrival and check in to our room we were shocked at how small it was. We went out to eat and then came back to go to bed. We woke in the middle of the night to bugs crawling in us. We pulled the sheets back and their were bugs on the bed sheets and on the wall. This was in the middle of the night so we went out and sleped in the rental car. In the morning the staff refunded our stay with no question. I would never stay their again for any reason

Would not recommend
    • Standard Room

-overpriced -room was facing the car park, from window I could literally see the time on the mans watch sitting in his car -no view -traffic and car park noise -very uncomfortable bed -very dark room, must close curtain for privacy as full view of car park, but without natural window light, room lights are very dull -staff tried to force me to pay with credit card when I wanted to pay with my debit card

-close to the airport -10 mins walk to shopping mall

See above.
    • Standard Room

Beds and pillows luxurious. Security (Amado?) went out of way to help park, and carry luggage. Desk receptionists were extremely friendly, helpful, and efficient. Everyone on staff is constantly smiling :) Mahalo. A true aloha stay.

I should have paid a few dollars more for a better hotel.
    • Standard Room

Our room looked like it was finishing up water damage repairs. Parking had an additional 10 dollar fee, and the beds did not sleep well.

The staff was very nice and accommodating

Was a great stay
    • Standard Room

The beds could be upgraded, the beds were too soft, harder beds would be better. Also if the rooms had a microwave would be a great addition.

Loved the swimming pool, the staff were the nicest people, very friendly and helpful. Great location.

Nice stay
    • Standard Room

The AC was extremely loud, though it was necessary to have it switched on also in the night.

Good location, very close to Kahului airport. Also a good starting point for tours all around the island. Shopping centers and grocery stores are within a walking distance of just a few minutes. Nice pool to relax a bit with views on the sea. The room was spacious and the bed was comfy! I‘d come back!

Went to Tiki Thai for dinner nearby to get out of the small room and checked out early.
    • Standard Room

Very old building and a 'budget' interior on the room.

Location right on the water is nice, although watching container ships come and go was quite unexpected 'bonus' of the view.

Fit the needs of our budget, and was a pleasant stay. Would book again.
    • Standard Room

Could not get wifi, which dramatically minimized my ability to keep in touch with work and staff. Local coffee would make the dining experience much better.

Convenient to conference, friendly staff, comfortable and quiet. Enjoyed evening walk on shore, and the view overlooking the pool with ocean view. Heard the breakfast was good, didnʻt not try it, but partner did.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again, well worth the money!
    • Standard Room

The onsite restaurant was a bit overrated. The price was a bit on the high side for so-so food.

The staff was very nice and accommodating, they seem to really care about their guests. The hotel is right on a private section of beach.

Very spacious, clean and overall pleasant room.
    • Standard Room

Very spacious, clean and overall pleasant room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived late and needed to do laundry and were still accommodated.

There's a reason this is the cheapest hotel on Maui
    • Standard Room

Staff was rude during check-in, also told us there was no early check-in (we were an hour early) then gave many rooms to other people also checking in for the first time. The beach is very close but your enclosed in a huge fence that takes several minutes to get out of then you have to walk around the whole facility and two large parking lots. The bathroom is very tiny and the shower head is very, very low (you must do a squat to use it). It also was kinda brown and slimy underneath the mat in the shower. Our room was overlooking a bunch of other rooms with a little bit of mountain and beach if you stick your head out of the window. Also there are more fees added once you check-in. If your not Hawaiian you do not get the advertised price and there a cleaning fee up front.

Beach side, however you have to walk completely outside and around to get to it, and there's a huge shipyard right next to you. The beds we're comfortable, AC worked. There's a TV with local channels.

Great time away with my husband. Awesome staff. This is our second time staying here
    • Standard Room

The parking. Since the restaurant located there as well is so good, you battle with those dining and hotel guests for parking spots. It’s petty I know but I would like to have an actual ice bucket in the room instead of a styrofoam cup. Another petty request would be to already have the trash can liners inserted in the trash buckets so guests don’t have to do that. A microwave in the room would be wonderful as well We had a room with two double beds. One of the beds mattress was pretty bad. I felt the coils when I layer down or whatever was in the middle for support (room 121)

Great staff! Very pretty courtyard/pool area. Right on the ocean. I loved hearing the crashing of the waves from my room. Nice and quiet. Good location.

If I go to Maui again, I'll definitely stay here
    • Standard Room

I really liked the location, it's around 10min taxi ride from the airport and there are two malls in a walking distance from the property. There's also an option to refill your bottle of water at the reception (really aprreciated it), and there's a direct beach access from the property. Would stay again.

Was disappointed when asked for airport shuttle service, ...
    • Standard Room

Was disappointed when asked for airport shuttle service, being 2 miles from airport, was told to get a taxi. Costly and long wait. At airport found out they have shuttle service arrangements with Maui Beach Motel. Staff didn't want to help.

It was ok
    • Standard Room

The darkness of the paint in the passage leading to the rooms. Also the fact that the pool closes at 6pm. After our time away from the hotel it would be nice to come back and relax in the pool

I liked the fact that the hotel was by the ocean and the view

The people, the location near airport.
    • Standard Room

Some folks might find it “dated”. Old window style air conditioner, built into the wall. Worked well, Noisy! We liked hotel though.

The people, the location near airport. The bed and the shower. Large room

Nice hauskeeping, very polite, clean room,
    • Standard Room

check in tragic, two older ladies (one in long gray hair) laughed at me when I said I do not want a parking , the first time I was treated like that by the reception, parking is paid, but on the opposite side of the street is free so I recommend it. Of course, at the end of the stay it turned out that they counted me for parking, scandal! I had to ask again for a cancellation fee.

Nice hauskeeping, very polite, clean room,

Large bedroom, american standard.
    • Standard Room

High cost considering benefits. Payed parking.

Large bedroom, american standard. Hospitality room made all the difference, as we had a late flight. Close to the airport.

Superb
    • Standard Room

Everything but the bed, which was too soft. And the bedroom window opening to the corridor, except only self and next door neighbour would use it. Otherwise, perfect.

Good location beach side views from room and pool area.

Wifi kept logging out

Good location beach side views from room and pool area. Quiet at night and relaxing with the ocean sounds. Staff very friendly and helpful overall very pleased.

Very clean, comfortable beds & close to the airport
    • Standard Room

Slightly outdated, location is good for airport proximity but can’t see this being a place to stay longer. The swimming pool got closed in front of our noses at 6 pm & we had a lovely view of the parking lot. Expected a little more for the price.

Very clean, comfortable beds & close to the airport

Meets our needs and is close to everything!
    • Standard Room

It’s an older property but that’s fine.

This was the 3rd time staying here it meets our needs. Great place to stay when flying in late you don’t have to try and find your condo in the dark. You are also close to Costco to get loaded up before heading to you condo. It’s clean, it’s on the ocean and the price is right! Would definitely stay again.

Easy access from airport, great local scene at breakfast.
    • Deluxe Room

The room is clean but very basic. We had a view of the parking lot / back of restaurant. It's basic, no frills, fine for an arrival/transit stay.

Easy access from airport, great local scene at breakfast. A/C in the room took a while to kick in and our room was very far form the check in area (hard to get to with a family's load of luggage)

served the purpose, but not worth the money
    • Standard Room

There were some nicely located rooms. Unfortunately, i was stuck in a cell. At least it was clean. next to the highway so I had to play music, view of a brick wall 3' away.

We only used the unit to sleep. The location was perfect in proximity to everything.
    • Standard Room

Parking closer to our room, and a small microwave in the room.

Centrally located on the island. Perfect for us, since we explored the island top to bottom. My nephew stayed near Black Rock at a pricey resort recently, and waited in horrendous traffic lines to get to see anything. We could go in any direction without issues, and so easy to get back to the airport, yet on the water.

Very nice and convenient hotel.
    • Standard Room

Charging extra for parking,which was not specified at the time of booking

Very nice and convenient hotel.5minutes from the airport,great quality & very clean facilities for the best possible price in the area.Room very spacious.Only booked one night in advance but ended up staying 2 nights because we really enjoyed our stay.

Staff were exceptional they did everything with a smile and...
    • Standard Room

Staff were exceptional they did everything with a smile and a positive attitude. Great location right on a small beach close to some really good restaurants.

Very unconfortable. However the lady at the desk did offer to change my room . But I only had one
    • Standard Room

When you say good morning to someone and they pretend not to see you. (Front desk)

Bed was extremely uncomfortable and not all the people at front desk are friendly.

Not bad but not super good
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning too noisy, too close to the road and traffic and 10$ for the parking

Close to the airport so when you arrive late it's good to drive just few minutes by night and we ate at the restaurant just front of the hotel

I would choose another property on my next visit to Maui
    • Standard Room

- Weak wifi throughout the property - Bathroom door had difficulty closing properly and staying closed - Room rate expensive for what was received (not a good value)

- Staff efficient and quick to switch rooms when asked (King bed requested via reservation but double beds were given upon check-in) - Great location

Deceiving an unapologetic ta- boot
    • Standard Room

The booking info said free parking but they charged $10 a night. What was is really stinky was that they don't have enough parking space so they open a gate so you can park in the parking lot of the Park next door. Plus the booking said it come with a breakfast for two. . Yes it come with a breakfast for another $10 a person.

Great location. In the middle of island so you could reach any beach you wanted within an hour. But there was a great beach 5 minutes away.

Location is close to the Airport and Upcountry.
    • Standard Room

Power outlets by the table do not work at night, works only during the day. Car park is usually packed if return to hotel after 9pm and have to park far.

Location is close to the Airport and Upcountry.

It's a great place, if they had newer beds!
    • Standard Room

The beds were so bad! They had big sink holes in the middle. I needed to take Ibuprofen every morning! Didn't want to move because of the good location of the room.

Staff was very helpful in changing our room. My aunt is handicap so the put our room closer to the door.

Great location!
    • Superior Room

The parking was terrible. You pay $10 dollars a day and if you are back after 8pm you may not get a parking spot. Also we had a very bad small ant problem in our room which as the week went on progressively got worse.

Great location!

Good for people who wants to stay not far away from the...
    • Standard Room

The very long way to our room and the very long way to get hot drinking water! Very very inconvenient for guests used to drinking hot water!

Good for people who wants to stay not far away from the airport. But very inconvenient for visiting sightseeing places without having a car

Short and sweet !!!
    • Standard Room

Our room faced a parking lot and boat storage area - not a pleasant view but certainly not the purpose of everyone's hotel stay - although facing the pool or beach would have been delightful !!

Our stay was short but very enjoyable !! The pool and grounds were immaculate and very welcoming !!! The dining staff, service and food was excellent !! We would certainly recommend the hotel and return again on our next trip to Maui !!

Ok for one night and close to the airport. Definitely not a $250/night hotel.
    • Standard Room

Parking was very hard to come by, and the fee to park was not noted when I made my reservation. There were several other people checking in at the same time. No one was aware of the fee to park.

This is a very old property. The roms are larger than newer hotels

Don't do it unless you have to be in Kahului.
    • Standard Room

Rough night. Power failure so windows open. Loud voices kept me awake until culminating in some screaming, some kind of domestic violence taking place, then big shouting match (gangs?) and cops right outside our window. Worst night of sleep in a week in Maui. I felt pretty unsafe for a while there. Also, the value was questionable. Ten dollar parking fee, after $200 for the room in essentially a motel, felt like a punch in the gut.

The check-in area felt like old school Hawaii. Room was clean and reasonably well-appointed.

The free breakfast was good, the staff was friendly,...
    • Deluxe Room

There was no hot water from the bathroom sink, and the decor and fixtures/floors in the bathroom desperately needed an update.

The free breakfast was good, the staff was friendly, location to airport was good, room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable.

Steps to the beach, courtyard was very nice, close to...
    • Standard Room

Overpriced...too busy with traffic and industrial shipping noise when at beach

Steps to the beach, courtyard was very nice, close to shopping and airport.

Served the purpose of spending a night for early departure to explore the island.
    • Standard Room

We asked for better view and were given the room overseeing the paring lot and wall across. No help or advice on the room at check in. Not friendly.

Location by the ocean

Comfy bed.
    • Standard Room

Totally over priced since this place is more a motel than a hotel, but then all other hotels on Maui are also over priced. The rooms in the far end area have no balconies.Not soundproofed windows or walls. Wifi connection lost all the time, re-connection a hastle. Parking sometimes full in the evening, due to restaurant guests.

Comfy bed. Pool area with sunbeds, and some sunbeds are placed in quiet Adult-areas with ocean view. Parking included. Fridge and coffee maker in room. Restaurant on site. Walking distance to mall and a beach (not that clean and places right beside harbour terminal). Close to airport. Safety locker (fitting passports and smaller items) in the reception at no extra charge. Laundry room available (pay with coins).

Uncomfortable
    • Standard Room

Very old facilities run down - pool is tiny and uninspiring. On water but looks kind of industrial Air con barely works and is old fashioned - ceiling fan doesn’t do much. Very hot in room. Small double beds - uncomfortable. Close to airport but not much else to say about area Seems expensive for what you get but I guess that is Maui prices Would spend a bit more and stay at a chain next time - too bad because I do like that it is Hawaiian owned

Nice people and close to the airport clean enough We stayed one night as we arrived late and were going g to check into our other hotel the next day

Was told that they have valet service from airport to hotel.
    • Standard Room

Was told that they have valet service from airport to hotel. Called on a layover to confirm time to be picked up, only to be told they needed a 48 hour notice. Stupid-plane times change every day.

Mediocre hotel. Wouldn't stay there again.
    • Standard Room

Restaurant overpriced and server had to come back twice to say items were not on the menu before we found something they did have the third time. Room not made up till very late in day. Walls extremely thin. We could hear our neighbor's screaming kids through the walls and bathroom vent quite clearly.

Close to the airport

We needed a reasonable place to stay close to the airport and it served our needs perfectly.
    • Standard Room

The location was so convenient to the airport and was perfect for a short stay before he headed over to Kaanapali. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The grounds were well kept and it was on a nice little beach.

Great spot if you are going to be gone all day and just need a place to sleep!
    • Standard Room

Parking was very tight. We were stuck in the 3rd building at the far end away from the hotel with a back view of the building and another parking lot. We were gone most of the day sight seeing so each time we had to enter and leave through the lobby which then added a 10-15 minute walk just to our room and a 3 flight of stairs walk unless we wanted to go to the other side of the hotel for the elevator.

Location was great, in the middle of the island!

Bad night in Maui.
    • Standard Room

Did not get room I reserved and had to chase down breakfast certificates. Was told that I could get no cost transportation to and from airport. Used incorrect phone number for motel and could not get answer. Sent emails with requested information, which were acknowledged, but no transport was there. Cost me another $40.00 for airport rides. Desk check in staff on 6th were somewhat cold, others were great!

Staff on 7th were friendly and caring.

Pool, Restaurant.
    • Standard Room

Tower had no balcony, very old building that they just painted in unit. Beds are pretty comfortable, room was slightly updated, did sleep very well there so it’s a good thing. Wouldn’t want to stay in the towers more than one short night. For a cheap stay having one of the balcony rooms would work. Great Breakfast at restaurant (not included) Loved the black kitties, looked like mine!

Pool, Restaurant.. location to airport

As I said, the facility exceeded my expectations.
    • Standard Room

As I said, the facility exceeded my expectations. It was just what we needed as we were catching a flight the next day. I would certainly recommend it to others. Having the restaurant so close was a bonus.

Awesome! all you really do is sleep there and put your feet up after a day of exploring!
    • Standard Room

Would have liked a balcony.

The staff were very friendly. There is a restaurant connected to it called 'Tante's" which served a good gluten free breakfast. Clean and neat! Large rooms. Places to sit and enjoy the weather.

Shabby motel not worth £205 a night.
    • Superior Room

Rooms are really tired and in need of redecoration and the bathroom needed refurbishing. They charged for over night parking. For £205 a night it was really expensive for a run down motel ... Would never book again . Only bonus it was very close to the airport.

Overpriced and out of date.
    • Superior Room

Room was old, TV small, bathroom minimal. Guess it would have been fine if this was a business trip and I was by myself. Also would have been fine if the cost was closer to the value, say $100 less per night.

Bed was good, location and parking fine. It was quiet. Breakfast service was fast.

Old school Hawaiian property
    • Standard Room

The parking is tight. Property is on a busy street.

It was a long day so it was nice to be at the hotel in about 15 minutes after getting the rental car. Checking into the hotel was seamless. Front desk ladies were very friendly as was everyone else at the property. Our room was very clean. The pool area was nice. It's a Hawaiian owned, low key property. No complaints!

Disappointing.
    • Standard Room

The staff forgot to clean my room. Had to request it. The room and equipment was too shabby for the price.

The reception staff was always very friendly and very helpfull. Their kind help was much appropriate!

Will definitely not return nor recommend this hotel. My stay was not comfortable at all.
    • Superior Room

Bedsheet in one of the beds was not changed. It had crumbs and clearly was slept in. Bathroom had water on floor and nearby carpet after it rained the day before. It took a while for housekeeping to clean up. Even after it was cleaned up carpet remained wet.

Weather

Staff was very friendly, hard working,from groundskeepers,to...
    • Deluxe Room

Water pressure low and hot water was just warm without any cold water in mix. But bath was clean. Toilet bowl was small and quite low. Not a big deal, but ceiling panels were misaligned during construction.

Staff was very friendly, hard working,from groundskeepers,to housekeeping, to desk. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet.

Not recommended .... by us at least!
    • Standard Room

Reception was not welcoming. We came back 3 times and each time we were told that our room was not clean yet. We were early the first 2 times so we understand that the room might not be ready, but when we came back at the correct time the room still was not ready and then over the next 15 to 20 minutes they handed out keys to dozens of people that arrived after us. Then when it was 20 minutes after check in time I checked again and our room was still not ready so they found another room, but that room ended up being about as far from the lobby as possible.

Virtually nothing

The location was decent
    • Standard Room

There was a huge cockroach in our room... the location was run down and old... the shower vascilated between scalding and freezing... the mattress and pillows were old and worn out... not like the photos shown... in all our travels we’ve never paid so much for so little in a hotel. The staff however were excellent, warm, attentive, courteous and super helpful!! And that makes all the difference

The location was decent

Perfect for a night near the airport. Adjoining local restaurant was good, too!
    • Standard Room

Locally owned and friendly property in convenient location to the airport. Very clean and comfortable room. Rooms around the pool are especially nice. Breakfast is good value (arranged ahead.)

Browse Maui Seaside Hotel traveller photo gallery