Reviews of Mayfair Hotel and Spa 4 stars

3000 Florida Avenue, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133, USA

#143 of 213 hotels in Miami

Classic, comfortable and value worthy hotel at heart of Coconut Grove.
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

They should be more clear about charging for parking. I called prior to date and they said it was free, which I've found it wasn't at the end.

Classic hotel in the Groove with great value. Great location if you want to stay around Coconut Grove.

Rude staff, dated hotel, broken rooftop pool
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Front desk staff were extremely rude. Swimming pool was closed off and no one in hotel seemed to know what was happening and when it would be fixed. Hotel wouldn't make any accommodations for guest when it was broken. Really poor experience.

Location is great

• Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Not that we didn’t like it, it could just do with updating in some areas.....spa bath for example Building work going on at the time of our stay with the building next door very noisy in the day.

The bed was very comfortable, large rooms and bathroom Rooftop bar very nice. Spa bath great in room

I am a repeat customer, but it the staff needs a pep talk.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

If I were to buy this hotel, I would fire everyone except for one wonderful waiter and start over. The staff ranges from okay to annoyed that you're disrupting their conversations with each other.

The hotel is gorgeous. Amazing architecture, if you are into that. Beds are comfortable, I always sleep well there. The rooms are quiet. The restaurant has good food. Very pleasant place to be.

They broke my friends suitcase.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

They broke my friends suitcase. The spa on our balcony was filthy and we had to wait 5 hours and continuously follow up to get someone to come clean it. Housekeeping was very late everyday. We were not able to take special dietary requirements to the pool area and the bar manager there was extremely rude. We also had a check out time of midday however we were harassed to leave the room multiple times between 9am - 11am.

Loved it !
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Staff can smile note at recepcıon -- they look stressed - oy really affects the vısıt. Staff ıs key

Loved it !! Loved walking around wıth the fountains ıtsa beautıful hotel

Coconut Grove - Under Construction
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

The service was nowhere near what it used to be, in fact I would call it sub-standard at best. The hotel is under renovation, but you are not made aware of it until you hear the sanders going from 9-5pm on the weekdays, on the one floor we happened to be staying on. The front desk staff do not seem to be trained with how to deal with anything confrontational and do very little to appease or handle the situation. Whomever took the booking provided the incorrect expiry date on my credit card and I had thought this had been rectified the day before arriving, but it was not. I was called down on 2 occasions regarding issues with my CC which I then had to reiterate, again and again. Upon checkout, my CC would not go through and I had to call my bank (completely different issue, but was on hold for the better part of an hour trying to get through!), what ended up being the issue? The expiry date AGAIN!!! Now, I have long distance phone charges to pay for the hotel's error on top of it all. When asked if they would be offering any compensation, I was told the manager had just left (of course). I advised that I would be back later and asked her to discuss with whomever she needed to. Upon my return, the receptionist had no knowledge of what had transpired, or claimed to have none. While waiting for taxis on a few occasions, guests seemed to always be complaining about something, so I am not just having a vent. In fact, this is my first bad review I have ever written, but I thought it needed to be said. I should also note here that reception and the valet had a feud about who was responsible for calling a taxi, very odd if not unprofessional. The food at 'The Kitchen' was good. The atmosphere does not make one want to enter, or stay on for another drink. The space is far too bright and open. Needs something to soften it and make it more welcoming.

Food was good (see above), but the restaurant needs more atmosphere to pull and keep people wanting more.

They need to make major changes before we plan to come back.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Once we checked out of the hotel, there was a 2 ladies there and they didn't make the process go any easier than checking in. We didn't feel important let alone there was a wedding event going on there and my wife was told by the party that they had to be in the elevator together and that they are first priority. My wife had to hold her tongue and bite it because she went through the process already and she didn't want to spoil it by being upset. Once we checked out i wasn't happy with the process because nothing was explained they didn't ask how was my stay.....let alone NO ONE at the front desk said anything to congratulate us for being married. Charges wasn't explained, i was charged for 2 glasses of champagne that we felt should've been on the house, the pool was closed because of rain when it was only drizzle, we couldn't get mad about the construction happening across the street from the hotel because its not their fault. We just didn't feel that we got the same type of service that we got when we got engaged in that hotel before and i don't feel that its fair. We thought that this hotel was very exclusive and low key in an area that we love to be in because of the atmosphere and peacefulness and now we feel like its more geared towards a south beach state of mind and we are definitely not coming back if they dont make changes.

There was nothing to like this time around on this stay. I got married the weekend prior to my stay there and we were not happy with anything once we got there. I stayed here before and I got engaged in the hotel. In 2016 i got engaged to my wife and before i lifted a finger to tell them to charge it to my room, the front desk congratulated me and gave both of us a complimentary glass of champagne and we took it to the room to celebrate it. i get there this year for the second part of the honeymoon and it didn't feel the same. No greeting, no making u feel important.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Beautiful gardens!
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

When booking we booked a room with a hot tub, when we got there we got the hot tub room but was told it would be a $30 fee to fill it and use it. This was not advertised in the listing, there was also a $30 per night valet parking fee that was not disclosed at check in. The on site restaurant also charged 18%gratuity for a party of 2! Not a bad rate, but all the extra charges added up fast and were not disclosed to us upon arrival :/

Beautiful gardens! Clean rooms, luxurious bathroom!

amazing until the end
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

no ice machines felt horrible calling and check out was terrible left the keys like i told them when checking in if i had waited i would have missed my flight

the roof and deck jacuzzi tub

The bed is comfortable.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The efficiency of the customer service. One of our bed lights was off and the housekeeper came checked and said she would send an engineer to come and fix it, but it didn't happen. A staff contacted me the first night, asking if I was doing okay and I was delightful. After I told her the problem of the bedlight as well as some problems related to the cleanliness of the room (the closet, the bed lights, and the electric clock are dusty), another staff replied to my message and said he would send someone to clean the room and fix the light. On the night of that day, the room did seem a bit cleaner, but the light was still off. And it was still not fixed when we checked out.

The bed is comfortable. Location is good, close to a great deal of cafés and boutiques.

Lovely hotel and staff.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

The hotel was located in a great area. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The open air lobby was gorgeous with a little bit of summer rain coming down. The rooms were pretty spread out so they almost felt like private cabanas. Really enjoyed the private jacuzzi on our balcony, takes a while to warm up the water though.

Everything was great except they don’t have complimentary...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Everything was great except they don’t have complimentary breakfast. The jacuzzi was an additional charge even tho it already came with the room. No early check in was available and I traveled from far away with early flight .

This is truly a treasure! Excellent hotel
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

The valet parking is limited based on the size and height of the vehicle, and if you are driving a SUV you have to park else where kind of inconvenient, have to walk a block down the street to pick up the vehicle and back to the hotel when park

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at this location, everything was beautiful and perfect and the staff was just beyond professional. The manager Jonathan was really helpful with our check out process as we had lots of packages to take out of the room. Thank you all again! We will defenately recommend this hotel and we will be back in the near future

Very happy we picked this hotel. It was great!
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The construction but that had nothing to do with the hotel.

The rooftop bar and pool. The rooms were so nice beds were comfy! Food st the hotel was great too!

Great location, view, suite size, amenities. However, next time would stay at a larger resort
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Bathroom was not cleaned well...had to call room service after we checked in. However, they responded quickly. Pool was not heated...cold!

We had a King Suite with a Jacuzzi Tub. Great room! Size & had a balcony with view of beach! Great huge bathroom with view

The architecture of the establishment was astonishing.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The housekeeping was subpar which maybe a understatement. During my week long stay housekeeping made it to tend to my room well after 4 p.m

The architecture of the establishment was astonishing.

In room dining food was delicious!
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Got placed in a handicap shower, water went everywhere. Twix and M&Ms from the minibar area were old and stale.

In room dining food was delicious! Bed was comfortable and space of the room was great for the price.

Before booking there were concerns I had that was not...
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Before booking there were concerns I had that was not mentioned online and I called the hotel because I booked through booking.com. My credit card was attempted a transaction two days prior to stay and I called them about it and they say “it is a courtesy charge” and my bank declined it because it was unauthorized. They threaten to cancel booking if they are not able to process the payment two days before stay. On their website it states they will attempt a charge 7 days before (untrue). I asked the receptionist Rebecca about it but she forward me to a manger who hung up the phone on me when I asked her for her name. I wanted to file a complaint with the hotel when I got there with Jonathan another manager and he assured me he will follow up, but never did. I called the hotel Manager Micheal Zolcak and left a voicemail before my stay but he never contacted me back. Our bathroom tub clogged, (too disgusting for a photo) I’ll pay for quality over quantity. Customer service is the main basis to make customers happy and more pleased with their stay.This hotel is beautiful but has too many hidden fees that is not mentioned on their website, until you get there, such as valet Parking which is $30 extra per night. The valet told us to go and register our vehicle for parking, which also was not true, after he told us we didn’t need to register 15mins LATER.Upon leaving, I followed up with Jonathan of my complaint and he had no idea what I was talking about, which made me assume if he never followed up. He gave me a card and told me to call the hotel manager to follow with the complaint, when I originally did. He said I could not rate my experience in the hotel, which is weird. I’ll keep you updated if I ever get a follow up :) Jazzy d

Cool Coconut Grove
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Nothing l loved everything about it!!

Great a one off hotel with a wonderful atmosphere outstanding decor. Stunning views from the pool. Good rooms, great location. Excellent staff.

nothing exceptional but not negative either.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

deficient service at all levels except for the wonderful gentleman server at the restaurant.

no comments about the room or closet space which are both good. Bathroom is nice although not very senior friendly. Cleanliness and service leave something to be desired. Staff and service definitely rated less positive than in 2017 when I also stayed at the premises.

Bed was very comfortable, we had an upgrade which was great.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Location was nice, but a little to far away from south beach and it seemed to take an age to get anywhere. That said we'd never been to Miami before so weren't 100% sure on scale.

Bed was very comfortable, we had an upgrade which was great.

Could have been better. We used to stay at this hotel years ago, it was much better then.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

The spa tub on the balcony didn’t work right, and no one came to fix it when we called the staff. We called twice and no one came.

I liked the location and the spa tube on the balcony.

The staff didn’t understand half of what you said any...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The staff didn’t understand half of what you said any concern was quickly overlooked.. the valet was rude.. the rooms could of been cleaner sheets included. For the money I paid I expected better.. a lot better was only there one night and checked out from a 4 day stay.. also no privacy on the balcony next door guest were peaking around the corner

Not too happy
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

We had to pay to park or $30 a day for valet wherever we went. We had to wait for someone to bring us ice, which on the second call I went down to the kitchen for my own ice. There was a service charge to fill up the hot tub and it never got hot in the first place and then was informed the next day we had to call for someone to heat it up for you when I thought the hot tub in my room was included for $192.00 a night not a extra fee. We were not informed on a lot of things here until after the fact. I enjoyed the room but delt with alot of stress and lack of customer service for this place. #neveragain

The style of the room

Fabulous!
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The only compliant I had was that one night we had to call downstairs twice for ice to be delivered to room 508 and never received our ice. Fell asleep waiting on it.

I live everything about the hotel. Esp the rooftop lounge.

I loved the way the hotel is decorated and the smell as soon...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

I loved the way the hotel is decorated and the smell as soon as you walk through the entrance. My room was beautiful and the king sized bed was very very comfortable. And oh yeah the food was AMAZING!

Old style in new tradition
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

Parking fee is high..cheaper parking just in front of the hotel in coconut commercial center r...

Spacious suite , comfortable, swimming pool on the roof, no moquette in the room

Regrettable. Don't be fooled by the pictures.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The rooms have no natural light. The balconies are walled off with trellises. The hot tubs on the balconies are likely never used. It's incredibly noisey to be outside no matter where your room is. I changed rooms 3 times and the improvements were marginal. If you need a rollaway bed it comes with a $30 per night charge - outrageous given that the bed was old, noisy and rock hard. If you want ice you have to get it yourself. Some of the staff were well trained in hospitality and others were flat out useless. If the pool deck gets reserved for a party you can't use it. Be certain not to get a third floor room over the party rooms if you want to sleep. The roofdeck is open to the public. No swimming but plenty of drinking and smoking.

The location is nice and the common areas of the hotel are lovely. The pool staff is super helpful and gracious.

Too old, smelly and uncomfortable to function!
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The room was smelly and musty, they have some of the worst valet staff I’ve ever encountered (They called us at our room at 11 PM to have to walk downstairs to pay for the service, even though we had a 3 night stay planned), uncomfortable bed, the room came with a balcony we had no access to because the door was about to fall off, one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had and one of the oldest hotels that have no been upgraded since it opened. The owner must have more important things to worry about than this hotel, very unfortunate.

The newest member on the staff, David at the front desk, was a delight helping us checkout as fast as possible from a disastrous stay.

Overall, I would stay here again. I did enjoy my stay.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The wifi was really spotty. I had a hard time sending anything. Was also frustrated that a friend who stayed there in another room payed a lot less per night. Not sure where she booked it, but I paid over $40 more per night. I also didn't like that there was a $30 set up fee for the hot tub. They did tell me ahead of time, but it felt like a cheap charge.

Loved the location, the staff and the room. Great jacuzzi right in our porch area. The lobby smells like a spa...very nice. Really good food in the restaurant, as well.

Expecting something better but we still had an amazing time
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Continental breakfast was bad. Not too many options and we pay extra for it. Expecting a real continental breakfast adventure. We never got the room service. We came back to the hotel at 6pm and it wasn’t done. While we were taking a nap a girl came All the way to the room, wake us up, and asked us if we needed the room service. Was weird and innapropiate. Also, we paid for a smoking room with jacuzzi and we were charged $30 extra for using a the jacuzzi. Makes no sense.

Bed was absolutely comfortable. We loved the jacuzzi in our room but we still don’t understand why we paid extra for use it if we paid for a room with a jacuzzi inside it.

Run Away
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Staff - Wall 5 m in front of the balcony - Humidity in the room - Phone not working - TV very bad quality etc... I landed at 7 am in the morning in Miami from a very long trip, I booked, by purpose, a room for the night before my landing to be sure that I can early check in (also sent an email to be sure they don't cancel. When I arrived the manager told me that no room was cleaned and that my reservation was cancelled as I did not show up. They told me they had rooms available, and that the house keeping was arriving at 10am, ok fine I will wait until 10:30 that they prepare a room. (If rooms are available the room I booked the day before should have been cleaned already for the night before but ok...) I had to wait until 1:30 PM as afterwards the manager was in lunch break and did not think that it was important to let me know what was going on with the room. Of course I paid for the previous night, no commercial gesture done... The hotel is very old and bad quality. Valet does not even say hello, staff is very arrogant. I am in Miami every month and will for sure advise everybody to Run Away...

Nothing besides the location near Coco Walk

False advertisement and disappointing stay..
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Front Desk staff, John, was very very rude upon check in...when we first walked in, he addressed us as if we did not belong in this particular hotel, me and my daughter are of African descent...our stay was from 4/21-4/24.....4/22 after being out all day, we came back to a room with no towels and i noticed 2 bugs on the floor dead near a chair...on 4/23 after being out all day, we came back to a room that had not even been cleaned...Very very disappointed with the amenities and customer service at this hotel...i will never stay at this hotel again.

Massive room
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Our own fault but didn’t realise the Japanese spa bath was an extra and that you needed to ask in advance, should of read the info

Massive room Nice rooftop pool and bar area with perfect views and the food was also amazing

Amazing
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Everything was perfect from the moment we walked in. I booked under third-party from Booking.com and for some reason they canceled my reservation. The front desk took care of it very quickly and upgraded us. The rooms were amazing the breakfast and dinner was excellent. The staff on the rooftop was phenomenal! Ed and his crew took very good care of us from the moment we sat down. If you want a relaxing vexation the Mayfair Hotel is where you should go!

• Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

Only stayed two nights - room service knocked door at 6:30pm asking if anything required Room not cleaned/tidied. Decor quite dated and tired.

Location good Staff friendly Plenty of nearby restaurants and bars Rooftop pool area great

They owe a credit me for false charges
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

I have been trying since March 10 when I returned to get two valet charges plus tax and one mystery charge of $8.42 credited. I never used the valet service, did not have a car there and never found our from them what the $8.42 - I have never heard from them despite emails and a letter - tomorrow I send a registered letter - I would advise anyone staying there check your bill thoroughly... I was stupid - 5AM sleepy - small print. Should have put on my glasses assumed they would credit immediately. WHAT A FOOL I WAS.!

The setting is beautiful

I enjoyed my stay in general, and the hotel staff were all very accomodating!
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

My room was switched because Spa tub was not working. I did not particularly care for the location of the second room--the Spa tub was on an outside patio, but not really a terrace--just a wall view. So there was no sunlight or windows for this room. The price for the spa tub set up is alittle unreasonable. However, the hotel was accomodating because of my intital problems.

I think the staff went out of their way to be accomodating, all were polite, and professional. I enjoyed having a spa tub, and the roof top pool/lounge is wonderful. It's in a great location with may places to eat and enjoy.

The staff at the front desk were really lovely and helpful.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

When the air-conditioning unit was switched on it made the room smell damp and musty which was unpleasant, the room was pretty dark and not all the light bulbs were working. The wardrobe doors were incredibly difficult to more - might be because there is a lot of moisture build up in the room. Not convinced the floor in the room was super clean as my feet seemed to always be dirty!

The staff at the front desk were really lovely and helpful. The room was really spacious. The rooftop pool was great! The area looks like it is being refurbished but there are loads of little restaurants near by - I'd recommend Panther coffee which is around the corner.

• Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

I didn't get the room that I paid for. My room wasnt ready upon check in. I was never notified about my room being ready that I was charged for. And after I checked out of my room I noticed extra charges that the hotel was making on my card for no reason.

The room was spacious and somewhat clean.

Beds were great, and the restaurant was amazing.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Seems like most of the Japanese soaking tubs were inoperable. Had to switch rooms and 2 were not functioning properly. Also, there were many times I tried to reach room service or the front desk and the phone was rarely answered.

Beds were great, and the restaurant was amazing.

Disgusting! Stay away.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

To start with, it is filthy! It reeks of moisture and staleness. I arrived late in the evening only to be sent to my door 3 times with a key that did not work. The repairman had to arrive to fix. Next day, same problem! The room felt like a dungeon - it has only one opening to the outside world and that is right smack against a wall. If you open the sliding door all you can hear is the air conditioner make a horrible noise. I asked them to fix and that never happened. That happened both nights in a row. The room was coated with dust like it has never been wiped down. I could see fingerprints from previous guest, many of them. And I'm not sure why but the coffee pot set up was in the RESTROOM! What the heck? Nasty! I would hope all will stay away from this place. There are so many others to enjoy.

Not one thing. The place is disgusting.

• Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Horrible. People were rude , they lost our luggages for two hours, no towels at the swimming pool, there was a flooding in our apartment with dirt that impacted our belongings. No one answered the phone and at the reception we had to wait again an hour before having a new room. In that new room the light didn't work , the tv was not working neither and when it was working the quality was so bad, it was blurry like watching a 1930 tv... We couldn't sleep cause our new room was somehow close to a very noisy place , maybe the laundry we don't know but there was a constant noise that was extra loud and made the ceiling shaking ! I explained everything twice by email trying to get apologies at least as we stayed only for one night and it was horrible ... no one ever bother replied to us. I definitely do not recommend this place , it is beautiful but the service is the worst I ever encountered.

• Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Check in took over 45 minutes. We arrived at 4:45 and our rooms were not ready. The line of people checking in was over 10 people deep with only one person working the desk. There were a lot of upset people.

When I got to the hotel I had to stand in line with our...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

When I got to the hotel I had to stand in line with our luggage and wait maybe a little over 30mins. It was two ladies checking in and neither seemed to have know what they were doing. I’ve never seen it take so long to check in guest. There was a few people ahead of me and 2/4 of then had a problem at the desk. When it was finally my turn I was relieved but not when my card locked up and I offered to pay a cash deposit and they could swipe my card to have it on file. I was traveling and the bank locked my card which would have been lifted at midnight which I explained to them (it was only a hour till midnight). They told me I would have to pay double the cost of the room. I was $200 short, so I figured I would go to the back and just put the money on a different card. We then had to go back out to valet wait another 15mins for our car. We left to find the atm and every BBT atm was down. We had the hardest time EVER driving around town trying to find one that was up. We finally got the card and money issue situation and proceeded to head back to the hotel tired and starving. Once we got to the hotel we again had to wait another 30mins as the two people ahead of us was having a problem. Once we got to the counter the lady that was now there told us we only had to put down a $100 deposit instead of paying double the room. So now I’m upset because all of what we just went through was a waste, but I figured it would be all worth it because I know the room I booked me and my boyfriend would have a nice relaxing night. We got up to our room and I searching around the suite for the jet tub and the Japanese soaking tub that I was told would be in the room when I booked it, never found it. I felt like the room was a total bust and wasn’t worth my $400 and couldn’t do the things I had in mind. And not to mention once we got up to our room we received a knock on the door from two people that worked there saying they had to come and empty or mini bar.

Love this piece of paradise in a cement filled Miami.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The Japanese walk in tub was hard to get into because I am disabled. It is also a little outdated and in need of repair

This is a hidden gem in Coconut Grove. Lush and unique interior. Fantastic 5 star accomdations with a staff that made me not want leave. PET FRIENDLY. Thank you to Soraya and Carlos, at the front desk for understanding and assisting a handicapped guest like me. Thank you to Julio, valet supervisor for assisting with making my car handicapped accessible. Ironically, we only live 4 blocks away and had to stay because of a flooding issue in our home, but so glad we did. All of our visits]into friends and family will now stay here!

Place was gorgeous and the staff, super friendly but my hot tub was gross and we didn't use it.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

I didnt like that the hot tub was a deciding factor for me to book, but the hot tub was gross to the point we just forgot about using it at all.

The place is beautiful and the staff took good care of us.

An excellent choice!
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

When I used the Wi-Fi I received a message on my phone that someone was trying to hack me. I don't think the hotel can control that, though.

The rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated. The breakfast choices were great and the ones I chose were excellent. I stayed here due to having depositions at the state attorney's office in Miami, the car drive to the depositions was brief.

Rundown and poorly managed.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

When we arrived we were given a room without a hot tub on the balcony, I spoke to the front desk and they explained they only have a select few with these and their computer system doesn’t recognise we had booked that room. I call BS! They were waiting to see if I would recognise their mistake as they had over sold the rooms with hot tubs. Our room was not serviced very well each day, no clean coffee pot, or clean drinking glasses. The hot tub had cigarette butts and ash in the bottom of it. Our room key would not work when we got back to our room, so we had to go back to the front desk numerous times to get another key. This hotel is very tired and run down now. Don’t judge this hotel by the photos! I spoke to a couple of people in the elevator and they were also complaining about numerous things. The only good thing about this place is the location.

Location and leaving!

Despite a few small snags, we love the Mayfair and would definitely stay there again.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

There were a couple of issues with cleanliness: there were some cigarette butts on our patio when we arrived. There was a Japanese soaking tub out on the patio for our use, but the tub did not look or feel like it had been cleaned. Also, happy hour was supposed to take place on the roof every night until 11, but that was not the case.

The hotel itself is a work of art. Being there feels like an escape from the outside word - it is full of pants and the middle of it is open-air, with fountains running all the time. There's no carpeting, just tiled floors. It's a beautifully designed space. Also - our friend at the front desk was really nice!

historic charm
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

1. Hot tub on deck was extra to fill with water. Deceiving advertising. 2. Continental Breakfast was terrible, expensive and I thought it was included. 3. Staff follow up on several items did not happen. Specifically, they were to call my room when my second room was ready. They never called. They were to call me when they found an answer to the question about whether continental was included. They never called me. 4. Saw a mouse or rat on the roof top during a dining venue. Not good. Staff seemed indifferent. No assistance with bags was offered as an example.

historic charm

The inside bath tub had residues in the jets and the tub in...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The inside bath tub had residues in the jets and the tub in the bathroom had residues in the sink also in the corner where you put the bar soap had residues and look very old residue. Wasn’t pleased with the cleaning.

Good location and quiet but overpriced
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Far overpriced for what it was, the hotel is a bit tired. The seats at the pool were old and looked unclean. The bedroom was not cleaned to a good standard. The breakfast music was like a nightclub, but overall it was the price that stung the most for what we got.

The bed was comfy and the room large with a terrace. Good location next to the marina shops and restaurants, relaxing and calm.

It was okay, rooms were beautiful and very comfortable and clean.
    • Superior King Suite with Spa Bath

Difficulty getting my room sorted out and there was a random emergency that had everyone rushing out the building for no real reason ... turns out it was nothing ... it was a good choice hotel though. Comfy and close to many shops and restaurants

Very dissappointing, seriousllyin need of upgrading
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Initial impression, reception area...very unimpressive and shoddy. Booked because it said there was a spa bath in the room. There was just a regular bath, asked at reception but told none of the rooms have spa baths! Entire hotel needs upgrading. Black mould along shower screen in bath. Bed linen did not smell fresh. Room was not cleaned until 5pm, after I requested it.

Location was nice and so was the staff but the property if very out dated.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Property is very old and no money has been spent on maintenance. Doors, elevators, flooring and locks are super old & worn down.

The location & the staff.

Spacious rooms, got an upgraded room free of charge because...
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Hotel is tired, could be cleaner and better maintained. They have reserved first night fee, but claimed is reserved by the bank and they can't use it for hotel payment. As a result I have to wait for the funds released for 7-10 days. And because of double charge - I blocked $600 for 10 days

Spacious rooms, got an upgraded room free of charge because of double charge issue, stuff was very friendly, good neighborhood, jaccuzzi

Artistic gem in the heart of Coconut Grove
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The Mayfair Hotel is an artistic gem in the heart of Coconut Grove, one of the most enjoyable neighborhoods in Miami. The hotel is not new, but it oozes atmosphere and is in easy walking distance of many excellent restaurants, bars, and shops. The room and bathroom were quite large, and the rooftop bar and pool are unforgettable. We loved our stay at this hideaway!

Great location, but serious cleanliness problem
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Cleanliness of the room was quite disappointing. We found roaches the last 3 days. They even changed our room only to find out, the same problem in the new one.

The hotel is in an excellent location (Coconut Grove), easy access and very good restaurants nearby.

The hotel is a nice hotel however not worth the price
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

I didn’t like the communication. I called the front desk several times over a 2 day period and no one answered. Check in time was very inconvenient. And some prices were ridiculous.

I liked the pool and the openness of the hotel. Bathroom was also nice. I liked the tv in the bathroom.

Beauty and the Beast Hotel
    • Executive Suite with Two Double Beds and Spa Bath

There was a dog barking all night in the corridor. I didn't realize it was a pet friendly hotel. It ruined my whole spa vibe.

It was a beautiful hotel. Wonderful site.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Awful
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

It was filthy, staff never answered the phone,house keeping was awful and didn't show up until 4pm and that was after complaining and they never swept or cleaned the top of the table or nightstands nor did they change our sheets.our balcony was filthy and riddled with cigarette butts and our hot tub was broken and continued to leak all over the balcony even after it was repaired. No ice machines and after many attempts to get ice we had to go to the restaurant daily for ice. Tile fell off the wall and after repair the mess was left for 3 days and was still on the floor when we checked out.we attempted to speak with a manager the entire 5 days and only got one the evening prior to our departure who was very nice but offered us 0 compensation. Save yr money folks, motel 6 has better service.

It was pretty

Bad experience...
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Staff unkind ( latin staff better) old structure and not very clean at $ 300 dollars one night its a robbery and with breakfast not included.A continuous noise of running water all night long was a nightmare Very bad experience. Pictures looked good but in real...

Just wanted to get out!
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Place is tired and feels out of date. I booked a taxi and wake up call with 2 different members of staff, received neither! The place needs a shake up.

Nothing at all.

Great location, horrible service.
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

Unfortunately, there was a lot that we didn't like. To begin, our flight landed in Miami around 5am, and because I knew it could be difficult to land early check-in that early in the morning, and as I was with a small baby, I booked the room starting the day before so I knew that I'd have a room ready. I even called the hotel to let them know that I wouldn't be a no-show, but rather arriving the next day super early in the am. When we arrived after our long journey, exhausted, we were taken to our room and it was dirty. There was a wet dirty towel on the bed and the leftover packaging from some guest's dry cleaning on the floor. On top of this, they hadn't even placed the baby crib we requested 4 days before. We then had to wait about 30 mins until they put us in another room and there was still no baby crib; had to wait another hour or so to get one. I asked the front-desk manager how the hotel could compensate us for the lack of comfort that we had paid for by including the day before in our booking, and he offered the continental breakfast just for that day. After I insisted that the breakfast should be for the entire stay (5 days), he finally gave in. When we went down for breakfast, we learned that continental breakfast at the Mayfair is just a few bread and muffin selections; nothing more (most basic "continental breakfast" I've ever seen). I approached the front-desk manager and complained about this ingenuine "compensation" that he offered us and he finally offered us $30 per day in breakfast credits that we could use to order off the menu. Cleaning. Room cleaning was pretty bad and inconsistent. Each day, when the room was made, something wasn't placed in the room. For example, one day they took away the dirty towels, but never put back new ones. Another day, they'd take away the floor mat, but not put a new one back.

The location is very good. Shops, restaurants, parks, CVS and the Fresh Market all within walking distance.

not great
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

staff need to be more responsible specially the night shift room is not clean enough

I spend 2 days without water in the room , they never come to replace the bar when i called at night by 10 pm to ask for water they say everything is close. nothing they can do for me also the front desk never pick up the phone

Looks great in pictures but in person a let down.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The key card didn’t work every time we left we had to go back down to get a new one or fight w the door to get it to work. Hot tub was broken and so was the lights for the patio so could enjoy the hot tub and patio was the main reason for booking that kinda room. Was told about the valet cost but at least they were nice. Wasn’t really what I thought and was over all very disappointed

The bathroom..

Pleasurable!
    • Executive King Suite with Spa Bath

The air conditioning in room was extremely cold even when we tried to adjust it! To start shower u actually need to step into the tub which honestly does not make a whole lot of sense.

Excellent hotel with unique character in the center of...

A bit pricey.

Excellent hotel with unique character in the center of Coconut Grove shopping area. Great rooftop pool and bar area with cabanas. Convenient spot to stay if you have student attending University of Miami.

Great experience for my business trip - but would be even better for some vacation!
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

My room had a japanese hot tub on the terrace, but it looked slightly unhygenic so I did not go in there. But the room and bathroom were very clean!!

The room was large and clean. The marble bathroom was very nice and I enjoyed the give-aways. The pool on the roof was absolutely beautiful and the service there made me feel great. Check-in was quick and the overall stay very satisfying.

Hugely grateful for a wonderfully comfortable stay in a luxurious hotel near Coconut Grove.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

The Mayfair Hotel and Spa in in the very center of the village of Coconut Grove, close to all the shops and lovely restaurants and bars. I was there, unfortunately, because of a death in the family. The hotel staff were amazing, friendly and helpful always. The pool area is stunning with the views of Biscayne Bay and the skyline of Miami in the distance. I didn’t dine at the hotel, but I’m sure it would have been lovely.

There is potential but many issues.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Parking $28 plus tips & tax even there is much cheaper option in next building. Water on room charged by $6? Seriously? Most expansive water i have ever seen. $350 deposit which need to be paid upfront. No one never mentioned this when i booked hotel. Not even in policy details or anywhere else because i check these things properly. It could be less confusing if i knew About it before we arrived. Huge TV but picture quality was Worst than my tv 15 years ago. Staff nothing special. Most of them can't even respond Hello when you entry hotel reception. Worst thing was when i had to be awake every night because of construction site across the street which starts after midnight!!!! This hotel has great potential to be perfect but still so many issues. Useless jacuzzi because it was so dirty and needed fee to be paid first. Room service was good but they never Clean floor in my room which i noticed last days because of so much mess everywhere. Would probably never go back again.

Hotel really looks great at first sight. Really Nice and spacious rooms. Good room service. Really like coconut grove location however its too far everywhere but that Wasnt big deal for me. Balcony was Nice and possibility to sit outside. Great bathroom with tv in it as well.

Great time and would stay again at the Mayfair in Coconut Grove. Stay away from Miami Beach.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

Restaurant food was fairly basic, but we were not there for hotel food.

Eddie the barman, even though he was a sneaky Patriots fan. Good cocktails and chat. Rooftop pool and bar.

The room was great and so was the pool area.
    • Standard King Suite with Spa Bath

House keeping came at 8 while we were still sleeping and did not return. They also charged me for snack items I did not take.

The room was great and so was the pool area.

Browse Mayfair Hotel and Spa traveller photo gallery