Reviews of McCarren Hotel & Pool 4 stars

160 North 12th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA

#20 of 65 hotels in Brooklyn

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Best part of this hotel is the pool.
    • Standard Queen Room

No room service. No breakfast. Limited bar menu.

Best part of this hotel is the pool. But you must snag the loungers first thing or they sell it. Room was comfortable.

Great location and value for money in happening part of Brooklyn
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

Not all rooms have this but our bathroom had a peek-a-boo window so there's a lack of privacy. With no blind or way of blocking the glass it's not ideal. Just a minor thing though.

Fantastic location, good value for money and nice extras like complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning. Friendly staff, pool and rooftop bar.

Vacation and business trip
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t have space in my room to sit and connect my laptop to work. There was no chair and laptop space . Room was too small for 4 people. Room didn’t have luggage stand.

Service, front desk and the cleaning lady all very nice and polite people. Hotel have a great vibe, nice pool . Nice bathroom.

Property is located in the heart of Williamsburg, very well...
    • Superior King Room

The beds in this hotel are not comfortable at all. I wish they would have spent the money to get quality mattresses. After a long day at work on my feet, I could have used a good nights rest as apposed to rolling around trying to get comfortable all night. Next, the pool was a huge disappointment, other than looking cool at the property, the pool is very small and always packed with drunk adults spilling there drinks in it, or filled with urine from the drunk sun bathers. I got a bad eye infection after taking a quick dip. Eyes burned so bad it felt like someone was raking sand over them. I had to go to the doctor and get antibiotics for the infection. Do not swim here!!!

Property is located in the heart of Williamsburg, very well centralized and close to the trains if you need to go into Manhattan. The staff here is one of the best in town, they are polite and attentive to your needs.

It is a very trendy, good vibes hotel.
    • Superior King Room

I did not like that the pool is a shared pool with opposite flat and outsiders. I was expected more privacy. I did not like the arrangements for transport to the airport as I was not sure of the creditation and registration of the drivers (for insurance that might have been a problem and I got a feeling it was almost someones friend quickly coming to fetch you). But, saying that, the drivers were excellent and very friendly.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. It is situated in an upcoming area that has great trendy shops and restaurants around.

location was great, cool pool and bar area, staff were...
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

internet didnt work well, issues with logging in and staff couldnt resolve this issue. was inconvenient for whole of stay. weird position of light switches and pretty slow lift but not a critical issues for us.

location was great, cool pool and bar area, staff were friendly and helpful. checkin and out was easy, rooms were nice and suitable. good value.

A wonderful time here visiting with our kids in Brooklyn
    • Superior King Room

Maybe better coffee and a small breakfast option. Roof restaurant was closed.

We are so glad we stayed here! We searched so long for Manhattan and then booking showed MacCarren on the sight I wasn’t sure but I’m so glad we did. Close to great coffee shops, loved swimming in the pool and the room was spotless!

Upon my arrival Martin the bell boy greeted my family and I.
    • Superior King Room

Upon my arrival Martin the bell boy greeted my family and I. He held a parking space outside the hotel as we check in. The entire staff was so helpful and warm.

Relaxing
    • Standard Queen Room

The only con’s that I had way the the swim overly packed with outsiders and with no place to swim. Also security, they let anyone up stairs regardless if you rented a room or not. So people can be walking the hallway trying to scoop around.

I enjoy my stay, the staff were very attentive and friendly.

The pool and how helpful the staff was.
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

Didn't like that the shower didn't close or have a door because the water would leak out.

The pool and how helpful the staff was. They made sure you got anything that was needed and responded in a timely manner.

Our daughter lives in Brooklyn and this is our go-to Hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Wish the restaurant would be open

Our daughter lives in Brooklyn and this is our go-to Hotel...for several years. Location, location, location; and the always very friendly and helpful staff, especially, Martin and James.

Worth it
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

Pool was a bit crowded with visitors who were naturally there to make the most of their day pass.

Pool, location, most of the staff, cleanliness, size of room, quality of facilities.

Lovely staff, excellent location
    • Superior King Room

Originally our room had some issues - stained sheets and a broken TV - but we were moved to a superior room right away which was perfect. No worries!

Ideal for everything we wanted to do - close to Manhattan and the pool was gorgeous. Beds really comfortable, staff so friendly and helpful.

I loved the view from the room, the staff was amazing and...
    • Superior King Room

Would be great to see some art work in the room, a painting perhaps

I loved the view from the room, the staff was amazing and swimming pool area is perfect for relaxing

THE STAFF, THE STAFF, THE STAFF.
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

For the price that was paid, I was expecting more breakfast options besides just coffee and a banana.

THE STAFF, THE STAFF, THE STAFF. They were so kind and so helpful througout our stay and even shortly after checkout. the bed is incredibly comfortable and it felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. The location, everything was within walking distance.

I would not go back, unfortunately.
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower water was all over floor in bathroom and hall. Poor design!! Also, light out in bathroom. Even when light was replaced, it was way too dark to put make-up on.

Comfortable beds.

Enjoyable and interesting stay
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

There’s a glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom; heavens knows why. My fiancé and I were there to visit my daughter, so that window made us all a bit uncomfortable thinking we’d be in plain sight of the others in the room when using the facilities. The hotel accommodated us by providing a black trash bag and some painters tape to cover the opening, and did tell us they receive a lot of comments about that window. Maybe providing a covering that guests can choose to open or close would be a good idea. This is petty, but half the building sign was not illuminated. For $400 a night, I really expect more.

The location was perfect for us, and we loved being right across from the park. The small balcony was welcome especially since the views were so nice. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the bathroom well appointed. Plus it’s great looking.

This hotel did not meet our expectations since the pool/restaurant were closed.
    • Standard Queen Room

The entire pool/outdoor pool area and restaurant were closed for construction during our stay. We looked forward to using those amenities since we paid for them and were never told they would be closed during our stay. We will be reaching out for at least a partial refund for this inconvenience.

Very nice and accommodating staff.

Fit my needs and good stay.
    • Superior King Room

This hotel changed ownership and the charm of the original lobby is gone and it is now stark and white with no water features.

Good location and reasonable price for Williamsburg hotel

Would stay again because staff was so accomodating and nice, but not that room.
    • Standard Queen Room

1 queen bed room was very very small. Would never stay in that size room again. Bathroom light switch was broken - could not turn lights off all day and night but the bathroom was very nice and clean with big walk in shower. There was very little storage and 1 drawer was broken and would not open. I have insulin and called ahead of time to be sure they had a little freezer that often comes on top of the fridges hotels use that I need to store my freezer pack to hold insulin for trip home because insulin must be kept cold and they said it did - but it did not - just fridge and that was not working very well - barely kept things cold (more coolish - closer to luke warm) and my insulin needs to stay cold. I had to give both my insulin and freezer pack to my daughter whom lives there to store in her fridge and freezer and that was very inconvenient. We were not in the room for much - just for sleep & shower (only a 2 night stay) so I did not bring it up to hotel, but I am sure had I they would have fixed the problems.

The staff was fantastic - very nice and accomodating and friendly. Bathroom was very nice - very little storage but with large walk in shower with big shower head.

Excellent for someone who wants to be in Brooklyn yet plans to spend a lot of time in Manhatten.
    • Superior King Room

My only complaint was the design of the bathroom. Water did not drain fast enough in the shower and therefore ran onto the bathroom floor.. In addition , the sink was so small that water splashed onto the counters and dripped on the floor. The bath mat was soaked and not comfortable to have underfoot. There was not enough hooks or towel racks for used towels. There was a very strong smell of sewage coming up through the sink and my daughter complained about the same smell after taking a shower.

Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Location of hotel was perfect - easy access to L subway. Front desk staff very responsive.

Impeccable location and Impeccable Staff!
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

The Williamsburg location was awesome! I was blown away by Linda, the manager. She went way above and beyond the call of duty in every way to make sure I felt welcome. She even went to the pharmacy for me when I wasn’t feeling well, She is simply the best!!!

• Superior Queen Room with Balcony

If this had been a 3 star hotel it would have been ok but for $300 a night I would expect a lot more. Noisy couple in the next bedroom so very poor sound proofing. Having spent 7 nights at the excellent Soho Grand Hotel this Hotel was a big let down.

A convenient location with nice staff and moderate amenities.
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

Hotel is undergoing renovations. The room was worn and the bed sagged. It all looked like it needed an upgrade and TLC. I did enjoy the patio door to the small balcony and if the view had been better we might have sat there. The pool was empty and closed to our dismay. The rooftop bar has great potential but it was very dusty and needed some TLC also.

The staff was very attentive and helpful. The hotel felt neighborly rather than part of a big chain. Once renovations are complete it will likely be quite nice.

Great Stay
    • Superior King Room

Traveled for business and was allowed to check in early. Truly loved the hotel and staff and the bed was super comfy. Also, I had tickets for a Broadway show and was truly amazed that the NY Waterway ferry was within walking distance and took me across the Hudson to the theatre district. What an amazing experience.

The bed was comfy and the shower was good but the room was...
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was comfy and the shower was good but the room was very small so it was easy to knock into the bed when walking around the room. There was hardly any storage space at all for clothes and I found the room quite noisy on a few nights. Also the hotel is called hotel and pool but the pool doesn't open until the end of May! Finally they say there is free fruit but there was a very poor selection in the mornings. The other nearby hotels in Brooklyn were much more expensive so it is probably just an aspect of the area.

Under my work cap & close to great things to do; would stay again if I had to book last minute.
    • Superior King Room

The cleanliness of my room was pretty sub-par. My sheets had a hole and one pillowcase was dirty. When I set it aside in hopes housekeeping would change it, they just put it back on my bed. The floors were not well swept - the bedroom floor was sandy and the bathroom floor had hair on it when I arrived. The shower handle was also broken.

The location is great, and if the pool had been open, that would have been nice. They had free coffee in the morning in the lobby, which was lovely. It's actually quiet in the rooms at night, which is really awesome, and not always easy to find.

Welcoming
    • Standard Queen Room

Maybe a longer stay would produce a better answer. But idk maybe robes for the rooms. Not necessary but fun.

The staff was eager to help. They were very friendly and provided great restaurant recommendations.

Comfy beds and attentive staff at the perfect location in Williamsburg.
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

Extremely comfortable beds and a staff that is always asking and offering anything they can do to make your stay better. Ideal location right on the park and just a few blocks off the L. Best value of the nearby hotels. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Do not stay here. It’s way overpriced and not worth it.
    • Standard Queen Room

The accommodations are run down and not tended to. We were sent to a room with a door that was ajar and upon entering the lights were hanging down from the ceiling with a voltage meter hanging out. It was 2:30am as our flight came in late. We were finally given another room and when we entered that room we found a thermostat stuck at 85 degrees. The property didn’t offer any sort of refund or even a complimentary glass of wine for the 30 minutes we spent waiting for things to be recitified. The rooftop was closed as well when we went up in the morning to see the view. It’s a big reason why I booked this hotel and it was not accessible.

Perfect location and great value for money
    • Superior King Room

Nothing not to like...although there are some stairs at the entrance that seem odd in a building so new. No idea why they're there and a bit awkward with heavy cases.

Great location in Williamsburg at a competitive price. Good size clean and comfortable rooms with a fridge and nice bathroom. The also have a car service to JFK for only $45 - much cheaper than a cab or car service!

great location, lovely balcony and room and the shower was...
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

they had incorrect information for my duration, they ‘upgraded’ me to a room with no balcony, and the staff...were all very friendly but lacking everywhere else!!!!

great location, lovely balcony and room and the shower was to die for!

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior King Room

The Parking. The website said they had on site parking but did not.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a little small but comfortable.

Hotel Manager friendly.

I specifically requested two beds. When I arrived no room with two beds was available. The hotel also did not have cots. While the hotel manager was very pleasant and tried to be accommodating I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hotel Manager friendly. We didn't stay.

Great Brooklyn location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our towels were dirty on arrival. High floor was requested but not provided

Great Brooklyn location. Staff friendly and helpful. Allowed early check in which was very helpful

Great comfy room for a great price with excellent staff.
    • Superior King Room

Wish we had known the roof was only open thursday thru sat we really would have liked to have seen that. Pool only open in summer

There was on street parking, restaurants within walking distance, free breakfast, super friendly staff.

One night stay before moving to an apartment. Probably would not choose this hotel again
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

Three of us checked into a twin room...had to ask for third bed and bigger room, bed not delivered until we asked a second time. Slightly 'past-best' look about corridors and decor.

Nice rooftop bar, informative staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It felt very out of session in April and we were disappointed that the roof top bar was not open as we wanted to enjoy the views. Breakfast in the lobby was a bit odd as well

Great Location. Loved the balcony
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

There was no working heat in the room. Room was changed - still no heat. Finally a room space heater was sent up which helped immensely.

Loved having a balcony to step out onto. Staff made great attempts to get us comfortable, and offered us a discount on checkout because of lack of heat

Good location; friendly staff; accommodations not satisfactory (HVAC issues); public areas look worn
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

The heater did not work in the first room we were in. When we complained the next morning, after a terrible night's sleep from the cold room, we were told the hotel was having issues with the HVAC system. I would expect them to ensure the system was working in a room that a guest was going to occupy. we moved ourselves to another room after they did check that the heater worked. However, part way through that night, it started blowing cold air too. Carpets were fraying, furniture in lobby and roof top needs updates - getting worn looking and not appealing.

The staff were friendly and accommodating.

Would stay again for the great service and value.
    • Standard Queen Room

Common areas could use some attention. Carpet in hallway needed to be cleaned or updated. The shower was missing the handle to switch between overhead shower and handheld shower.

The beds were very comfortable. Great sheets and duvet. Room was clean. Liked the decor. Loved the heated floor in my bathroom. Staff was excellent. The location was ideal. Great value. James was extremely helpful with a booking issue.

The basics are there for a great hotel, but needs some TLC to live up to its 4 Star rating
    • Superior King Room

As others have mentioned, the only thing that we were dismayed about, and disappointed with was the level of maintenance with the hotel. Our room, 512, showed what was probably the result of shoddy construction and lack of maintenance since. Multiple light switches were damaged, broken or not working, the security lock on the door was barely held on by a few loose screws I tried to tighten by hand, the bathroom shelf below the sink was falling down, the knob on the shower fixture missing, painting that looks like it was touched up by your 7 year old..... anyway, you get the picture. We didn't use the tv so can't speak to that as others mention, but all I can say is if it wasn't for the modern design and general cleanliness, you could easily mistaken this for a 2 star hotel. It certainly is stretching the limits of still being labeled 4 stars....which is too bad, because as noted below, it has a lot going for it.

Location was great! Most of Williamsburg was within easy walking distance, along with Greenpoint. Lots of fantastic cafes, bars and restaurants close by. Two subway lines under a 10min walk away. While we faced the back courtyard which was closed for the season, we found the hotel to be very quiet in general. Staff was generally friendly, and the room & hotel quite clean. We were even surprised to find a minimal continental breakfast included. Lastly, it has a nice modern design which you could tell the original designers put some nice thought into the floor plans which were spacious enough and well laid out with large windows.

We stayed for 11 days which we thought amounted to a long time. We did not feel like valued guests.
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

Room was not restocked properly and had to beg for shower gel and toilet paper repeatedly. Ran out of toilet paper and shower gel at various times. However, shampoo and conditioner was provided with wild abandon. More than we could ever use. Hotel hasn't been maintained to a "luxury hotel" standard. They should stop calling themselves that. Wallpaper peeling in the room, stains on the carpet, walls and furniture are battered. Hallway carpet was stained. Front reception staff spent A LOT of time talking to each other and kibbitzing. Ignored us sometimes.

Loved the location and bed/bedding. View and window gave the impression of space even if the room was small. I thought

Great neighbourhood and friendly, welcoming staff.
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

McCarren staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to Bedford Ave station and is an easy commute into Manhatten. The neighbourhood has fantastic restaurants within a few minutes walk - try Sweet Chick, Bedford, the Meatball, or try Evalina (taxi ride).

Staff was really nice
    • Superior King Room

Lights didn’t work, lock didn’t work, desk was ripped up at the corner with sharp wood sticking out. Wallpaper peeling, didn’t get my wake up call, a/c wasn’t functioning.

Staff was really nice

We loved the location and the value was very fair.
    • Superior King Room

There should have been an occasional chair or two in the room. Common areas needed a little attention--sweep elevator corners, huge planters outside had no plants or soil whatsoever. Had to ask for lightbulb for night table and makeup lamps.

Beds and pillows were great. Staff great. Very good coffee.

Staff friendly and accommodating Great Brooklyn location
    • Standard Queen Room

The noise from the rooftop bar band /dj music went until 2am and could be heard on 5th floor room Didn't have cold water one morning Lots of construction going on so that might have been the problem

Staff friendly and accommodating Great Brooklyn location

Cool, modern white marble bathroom, generously sized room...
    • Standard Queen Room

It would be nice to have plastic cups/glasses provided in the room. They bring these to you upon request. I appreciate when a hotel provides a complimentary water bottle each day (nothing fancy). Don't remember if they did... Great hotel--Didn't like that we had to check out!! ;-) .

Cool, modern white marble bathroom, generously sized room for NYC. Coffee & light continental breakfast included. Modern, artsy decor. Can't beat the chic roof-top bar with great city view, open for happy hour (drinks only, no food). Great location in Brooklyn with a friendly, professional & helpful staff.

• Standard Queen Room

The place is quite literally falling apart. It is in desperate need of some love. Things are broken and scratched, with wallpaper peeling off the wall all over the place. This IS NOT a 4 star experience. It's a run down, faded hotel which is seriously lacking and felt a bit more like a travel hostel or student accommodation. The breakfast looked unappealing- but I tried and had to ditch the croissant which was stale and awful. There was cold air con blowing about all over the place in the height of winter. And cleaniless was clearly an issue. There were hairs in amidst my bathroom towels. It took hours to get the room 'rectified' by the cleaner. The towel then only had one and not multiple hairs as before! The bed was poorly made and did not look as though the sheets had been changed from the previous guest. I could touch surfaces and cream the layer of dust off. After one night I had to check out and am sad to say was hugely disappointed with my experience. This place has the potential to be so fabulous - I just don't get why they have let it be run into the ground! And if so - reduce the price accordingly to reflect its current status.

The location is excellent, the beds super comfy and staff super friendly and nice.

I would not stay again
    • Standard Queen Room

No room service. First room offered was VERY tired and needed upgrading. Second suite was sparse and uninviting. third room was marginally acceptable

Nice staff

The place was run down, and smelled like someone was always...
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

The place was run down, and smelled like someone was always smoking. We should have been notified that bar and restaurant were closed. Staff was friendly, but looked entirely overwelmed.

Great staff & location; rooms are in need to some maintenance and super small. Better for a one-nigh
    • Superior King Room

Room was very small, ended up banging my shin on the bedframe repeatedly; front of nightstand drawer was off; shower control metal-molding was loose. NOT ENOUGH DRAWERS to store clothes--basically had to live out of the suitcase.

Bed was comfortable. Staff--Linda and Martin--were really great! Beautiful bathroom.

Good but definitely not 4 star
    • Superior King Room

Room pretty small, didn’t feel cozy/comfortable, in need of renovation (couldn’t even turn the lights on as switches broken)

Perfect location, great rooftop views, impressive gym facilities and light continental breakfast included

Communication not a strong point.
    • Standard Queen Room

Front desk personnel was amicable and professional. Housekeeping knocking on the door two separate times before check out. The do not disturb sugb was out on the door. I asked and got the approval for a late check out when I checked into the hotel the day before. First housekeeping lady was nice and apologized the second loud, obnoxious and slammed the doors around my room, I was next to supply closet and stairwell and didn't apologize. :/

Close to a lot of great restaurants and pubs

It was OK. Unfortunately I won’t be back here.
    • Superior King Room

Windows didn’t open in the rooms & the air vents were really hard on my boyfriends throat. The air was not clean. Also, we were not aware of the $100 hold they put on our account just in case of any damages. It’s a bit much. Buy your snacks and water outside. A water bottle alone was $5

I love the bathroom, it was really beautiful & modern. The entrance to the hotel was very nice too despite the construction outside.

would repeat.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast - a few muffins, a few bananas and some oranges. Could be way better for not much effort

Bed was great. Staff were excellent. Gym was excellent.

I would not stay here again
    • Standard Queen Room

This place is falling apart. Broken elevator, sign outside broken, the bedside tables literally falling out of the wall.

The only positive was the location

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff.
    • Superior King Room

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They went above and beyond to be sure we were co fortanke and familiar with the neighborhood and transportation. Absolutely amazing customer service.

Never stay here again.
    • Superior King Room

the room was noisy and the shower didn’t work and the man at the front desk in the morning didn’t do anything about it.

Linda at the front desk was A+.

We stay at the McCarren often when visiting our daughter.
    • Superior King Room

While we loved hearing about all the new renovations beginning we are worried the rates will go way up.

We stay at the McCarren often when visiting our daughter. James at the front desk is always friendly, very professional and helpful when needed. Location is fabulous with the park across the street and the waterfront only a few short blocks away. Also close to all that is Williamsburg without having to deal with street noise and crowds.

Your place if you're looking to get your Brooklyn hipster on.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small for the price (keeping in mind that we're Brooklyn).

The staff did not question bringing in a load of video equipment (for a shoot the next day), which some hotels might of.

Friendliest service in New York, in the most convenient location.
    • Superior Queen Room with Balcony

Just fix the dimmers in all the rooms. The one egg-shaped light fixture directly over the bed is too intense.

We were initially in 302, which was okay, but the overhead light was too intense, and wouldn't dim. The houseman helped us figure out a room that had lights that dim. When we switched rooms, the new room was an awesome improvement. Now we love the hotel, and would return, knowing you have rooms of that caliber. Thank you.

You get what you pay for.
    • Superior King Room

Tiny room. No restaurant and bar. Several rungs below the other hotels in the area (Wythe, William Vale, just not comparable.) Booking.com claims you get a $25 breakfast credit, you don't It's just free pasties and coffee that everyone gets, which are fine but not "breakfast included." No tubs except in the penthouse, though Booking.com claims that rooms have either a tub or a shower, that is not the case.

Location is good. Staff is generally night, especially during the day.(Nighttime wasn't the type to go out of their way for you.

It was a cool spot and decent hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

Room had no bottled water to drink not even any cups to use the faucet to get water. Also the mini bar fridge had nothing in it at all

Great location. Cool rooftop bar. Nice staff. Cool pool view.

Great nice friendly hotel. Not pretentious, just clean and classy!
    • Standard Queen Room

Noisy neighbors you could hear through the walls, but that's not necessarily the hotel's fault. Just stupid people.

location was perfect for getting to a show at Brooklyn Bowl. Nice room, very very comfy bed and great bathroom/shower. Nice big TV and easy WiFi.

Good location. Bad everything else.
    • Standard Queen Room

For what I paid I did not feel the room was representative of my money. The room was small, did not have any power outlets and limited amenities in the bathroom. Additionally, my girlfriend bought a red bull at the front desk and instead of running her card the woman at the front desk wrote down her card number which was concerning. Overall the experience was just ok.

The location of the hotel itself was good in relation to bars and restaurants we wanted to goto. Everything else was sub par for the price of the room.

Nice place in Brooklyn.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast is just pastry.

We wanted to stay near McCarren park and not spend too much. This hotel is in the right spot, and is comfortable and affordable by NYC standards.

Great hotel for millennial travellers!
    • Standard Queen Room

The lighting for bathroom mirror was awful. Couldn't really see to put on my makeup. It also took me a while to figure out shower and the pressure was low. Full disclosure - I am over 55.

Very clean, very neat. Front desk staff was very sweet, comp'd me an upgrade!! When I asked about nearby restaurant, the clerk walked me out the front door and showed me exactly where to go. Very kind.

The hotel is in a perfect location if you want to check out all of Williamsburg!
    • Standard Queen Room

The cleaning staff was extremely, EXTREMELY loud early in the morning (7:30/8). It was difficult to sleep once they began working. This was a bummer on vacation..

Great location. Bed was comfy!

Brian and Martin were very kind and helpful!
    • Superior King Room

the staff was very helpful Brian and the Martin really went out of their way to help me and my boyfriend who is disabled. We booked last minute and they made sure we had everything we needed.

Awful stay
    • Standard Queen Room

On check-in we asked for a nice view. Receptionist seemed to be attentive and promised a room with view on the park. Left our bags and when we came back that night we got a room with a view on other people's apartment. Complained about the noise from the roof-top bar (we were on 5th) and lady said there was nothing she can do about it. The name says pool but the pool was closed!

The only positive about this place is a staff member called Martin who was very attentive and helpful

Not worth the price. The William Vale is a little more expensive but so, so nice.
    • Superior King Room

A/C was not working when I arrived and had to be worked on by an engineer. Room was incredibly hot and I had to leave for several hours. The next day, there was no hot water for half the day. Had to wait until it was fixed to take a shower. Almost missed the play I was going to. For almost 400 bucks a night, these things should NOT be happening.

Extra comfy beds and pillows.

Over priced for what you got.
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

Hotel did not match the billing on the internet, house keeping very inconsistent, did not rePlace things like toilet paper, glasses, toiletries. Coffee was not available at 7 as promised, no staff in kitchen until 7:30-7:45 in my first 2 mornings. They did not charge me the rate that wa s confimred in my confirmation of booking. I could go on but you get the picture.

In a very good location, nice team
    • Superior King Room with Balcony

Many things in the room was not working well, from light switches all the way to the fact that the door to the balcony couldn't be locked, the room fell in a very low maintenance.

In a very good location, nice team

Overpriced and not maintained
    • Standard Queen Room

Floor was dirty. Lock on door was broken. Safe didn't work. Light switch for the room didn't work refrigerator was dirty. Shower controller was broken.