Reviews of Melia Orlando Hotel 4 stars

225 Celebration Place, Celebration, Orlando, FL 34747, USA

#204 of 407 hotels in Orlando

Best hurricane evacuation spot ever
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

Everything was really appointed nicely and the staff couldn't be more gracious. I would like to add some feedback that says something I didn't like but there really isn't anything.

The layout of the hotel is very cool poolside is definitely a great vibe and super enjoyable stay. We liked the games around the pool.

Best Breakfast to start the day before walking the parks.
    • Classic Room

There is not much to criticize, because I did't spend much time hanging out at the Hotel. I did notice that the TV is not squared up with the room & the bed.

The Breakfast Buffet was well sorted and it was the best start, one needs for a day at the Parks. The service from everybody at the hotel was excellent and very friendly.

I truly have to say this is a little hidden jem.
    • Classic Room with Pool View

This has been my second time staying at this property and I was charged for items from the mini bar, that we never consumed. Please be aware of this when staying at the property and the items in the minibar. I appreciate that I was refunded but it was still an inconvenience.

I truly have to say this is a little hidden jem. Very quiet hotel, very well kept. The pool area is not over crowded. The staff is very welcoming and always willing to accommodate your needs. I will come again.

I like that the suite was large enough for a family of 2...
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didn't like the fact that they charge the 20 dollars facility fees.

I like that the suite was large enough for a family of 2 aduts & 2 kids. Location is great, very close to Disney world.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I had to go to CFU for surgery.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

I had to go to CFU for surgery. This was a recommended hotel. It surpassed anything that I expected. The hotel and staff were very accommodating and were understanding of my situation. I def plan to go back...this time under different circumstances...for a vacation. The amenities were excellent as they provide the basic cooking utensils in their suites. What was not available was immediately fixed.

Hotel was great staff not so much
    • Family Suite

One of the front desk girls didn’t explain a lot to me so when it came time to check out the next day another front desk girl said I owe money

Need to retrain your front desk girls on hotel procedures and pricing

Not impressed at all.
    • Classic Room

The walls are paper thin, we could hear everything going on in the next room. The bed frame stuck out at least 10 inches from the mattress and we were constantly hitting our legs on them.

Not much. Maybe the bar.

Spacious room, confortable and clean
    • Family Suite

the hotel has spacious rooms, the family suite is large and equipped kitchen, very convenient for family travel, but the girl who attended us at the reception did not seem very familiar with the activities and options that the hotel offered to the guests, after pass our credit card several times to collect the hotel charges that are not included in the initial payment we made for 2 nights we asked about the restaurant and she answered "I dont know, go to the restaurant and ask". The next day when we reviewed our credit card account we go to speak with the manager and the first thing she said without saying hello was "Sorry I do not speak Spanish" , I am Latin but I speak English, but she supposed that I don’t speak English, The hotel is in the United States, but MELIA is a chain of Spanish hotels and employees must be bilingual at least I think so, the story ended with several charges to our bank account for about 600 dollars I'm still claiming and we did not go to the restaurant during our stay

Spacious room, confortable and clean

No one speaks English that works there

Everything it’s a condo conversion should not be allowed to be hotel no lobby They don’t answer front desk hang up on you ignore you wouldn’t even honor rate

No one speaks English that works there

The pool and staff
    • Classic Room

The gym is far away from hotel you should tell your guest you don’t have gym or spa. the room we were had a door that shared the rooms , we listened to everything on the other side and there was a lot of noise. We have no ideal the room was like that until we get there . The breakfast was okay not to bad , our waiter(M) was kind rude I do not know if it was because he was busy or because we did not speak Spanish. Because he only speak Spanish wt us. The resort fees is little be over charge because in my opinion melia hotel does not offer what a resort has to offer.

The pool and staff

We stayed at the location in Miami before so we knew that...
    • Classic Room

We stayed at the location in Miami before so we knew that this stay would be great. They always treat us special and take good care of us.. I love this hotel. I will always look for one when traveling

Staff was welcoming and very friendly.
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Staff was welcoming and very friendly. The property very quiet. Highly recommend. The location is great if you want to get away from the rush of the parks and tourist area, but still close enough to the highway. Plenty of restaurants close by to choose from.

Melia Hotel Orlando is the hidden gem of Orlando.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

Melia Hotel Orlando is the hidden gem of Orlando. Never heard about it, but grateful to have discovered it. Cannot find a thing I didn’t was satisfied with. Keep on the good work, guys. I visited with my husband and children of 16 and 13. We will definitely visit it again and would absolutely recommend it.

Great weekend
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

Although there was some dust around the rooms that’s pretty normal for any room,hotel or your own house, the rooms were amazing, they were clean and even had that new room smell, I loved the atmosphere that you had all around through the staff and through even the room service lady’s there. Everybody was fantastic, they were quick to check us in and had a quick check out time as well, we got the breakfast buffet and their food was pretty good, but as for me I don’t eat a lot of breakfast foods so it was good to me anyway. Their pool was amazing and just their service overall was outstanding. If you go there and have the luck of meeting a young lady named Nicole she was by far my favorite worker there.

Great, family friendly, resort like feel.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

The bar was horrible, only one waitress taking care of the pool area and inside area. It took over an hour to get two drinks.

Beautiful place, great for families, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Large rooms.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Our first room had dirty cutlery,a broken door, lacked basic crockery & cutlery, chairs and bedding. Moved to alternative room which was much better. No seating area in reception. Reception area not welcoming/comfortable. If raining you had to either go to your room or the bar/restaurant. No atmosphere, lacked something. I would say not Melia standard or 4*

Large rooms. Comfy beds. Nice clean pool area. Ample onsite parking. Laundry onsite.

It is a nice place to relax
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Mattress was indented on the ends, felt like e sleeping between two mountains, my wife was on the other side of the mountain. housekeeping was forgetful of replenishing some items.

Breakfast was well organized,

Great location close to the gym.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room could be a little bit cleaner.

Great location close to the gym. I had a room with a kitchen which was perfect as I needed to cook my food. The bed was so amazingly comfortable!

One bad experience out of five due to one staff member. Rectified by wonderful staff member.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

I stay at this property every week for 3-5 night for my job through the month of August, and have done so since May, every stay has been wonderful except for this one and it was due to one very rude staff member who checked me in and did not address a single concern of mine. I had arrived a day early before my work assignment to get a massage and relax, I arrived at the property after my massage around 130pm, the staff member told me that my room was not available yet, which I was fine with. I asked him to call or text me when the room became available, he said that he would. After 4pm and still receiving no call, I went to the hotel and my room had been ready, he just never bothered to call and let me know. I had requested a room away from the pool and on the 5th floor, as I work nights and need to sleep during the day. I was given a room right above the pool, in a hallway that was being painted, the fumes were overwhelming, the room was so dusty it was obvious that it hadn't been recently cleaned and it was an adjoining room. I tried to make the best of it, decided to try to relax and have a glass of wine, only to find that there was no corkscrew in the room which is to be included. I called down to the front desk and requested one. After an hour and a half later I placed another call to complain and one was promptly brought up. I called a few days afterwards to voice my concerns because I love this facility and enjoy staying here, but if the service was going to continue on this level then I would have to find another facility to stay at for the rest of my contract. I spoke with Cory who was AMAZING, she listened to all of my concerns and assured me that it would not happen again. She was very honest and apologetic which was greatly appreciated.

The location, the majority of the staff, the size of the rooms, having a fully stocked kitchen. The staff is normally very accommodating. I also liked that when I called to express my concerns regarding my previous stay, I was assured the my stay this week would not be the same.

6.0
    Wouldn't come back here. Service needs to be improved. Was waiting to be charged for everthing....
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

The lobby. Fragrance to strong, not enough staff, no where to sit or grab coffee. Hot tub barely worked, cable was out for 1 day. No smoking on balcony. Wouldn't have booked a room w/a balcony. It was an apt experience not a get away hotel. People smoke. to move them to the parking lot is scary. I was scared and had a panic attack. There was a truck in the parking lot with a man looking at me. I ran back to my room looking over my shoulder. Service needs to be improved. Spent all year and a lot of money to go on vacation. Expected to be taken care of a little.

I liked the room and the view from the balacony. The room was verry clean and maintaned

It did not meet our expectations
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

We had booked a two bedroom suite with pool view and upon arrival we were told there was no availability, so we were given a two bedroom suite with back view. The cleanliness of the room was very bad. One night they did not clean up and the other night they only fixed the beds but they did not clean anything else. They did not vacuum the room during our stay. The kitchenware were incomplete.

The location is very good, close to Disney parks! The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is ok.

This was an excellent and pleasurable experience with this staff and resort

Nothing comes to mind

The staff went above and beyond. All were friendly every step of the way. Events planner, Anthony, exceeded our expectations for the wedding. Catering staff were excellent as well. I have nothing negative to say about this resort and staff. My family will stay here for every vacation

Lovely helpful staff close to all the amenities that Orlando...
    • Classic Room with Pool View

The actual hotel was a little scruffy the hallways were filthy looked like the carpets hadn’t been cleaned in years

Lovely helpful staff close to all the amenities that Orlando has to offer!

TERRIBLE
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

Where should I start? First of all I got charged for 2 bookings with no resolution as of yet. Secondly, they don't provide wash cloths in the bathroom, I had to call both days for them. Thirdly, my sister's SUVs were broken into in less than a 30 minute visit to our room. Finally, they had the ordacity to charge me for a chocolate milk that was never in the mini bar in the first place. They said they were going to refund it, but never did. You would think after the car break ins on their property, a chocolate milk was more than due to me.

The room was clean

Great location, near Disney, restaurants! Pet friendly!!!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Ice machine in another building and refrig ice maker broken. Staff had no entry to room due to dog stayed while we were at Disney. They didn't really try to make arrangements to fix. That meant nothing to me considering all the other great features.

Drove from Tampa to Orlando for Magic Kingdom with 6 yr old and 75 lb Lab. GREAT location was able to leave park for a break mid day and return later in evening, easy access to 192. Room was big! 1 br.

I loved how comfortable the beds were, the hotel room was...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

I loved how comfortable the beds were, the hotel room was extremely clean along with the hotel itself. Staff was friendly and had great customer service.

:l
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Front desk staff was another story though, unfortunately. Staff upon check in ( late evening) were a little less than professional. Attempted to double charge me a room fee even though I paid it already in full ( not just a hold or reserve on my account) months ago along with the entire reservation and taxes, but made me show written proof . not sure why his internal system would no have shown it. Maybe he was just overwhelmed by the task, I don't know, just a little off-putting. No invoice was under my door the morning of checkout like their binder said they would do. Didn't make them service my room but 3 out the of the seven days we were there, but when they did , they never left toilet paper. Ran out and had to have then call for some. This occurred AFTER I allowed them to service our room two days straight out of concern for TP running low and some how they missed putting a roll in our room both days which was why I had to end up calling them for some in the night. There were never any wash rags in our room, so I thought they didn't provide those which was off putting as well since we had make-up and sweat we would like to wash off. But then, on the last overnight there, they had serviced our room that morning and low and behold- they left ONE wash rag for two people. Wow, they did have them, but apparently we were expected to share it. Also, faucets in the bathroom were not secure on the sink counter top, and bathtub drain would not empty until after you were out of the tub and dried off ( probably clogged with hair - GROSS) You would think housekeeping would notifiy maintanance since they are "cleaning" those rooms all the time. The water pressure was VERY weak the whole time, hard to feel like soap was rinsing off of you. Would have liked to see the light fixtures leading into our entrance outside working instead of wires on the ground with plastic buckets covering some and some of the buckets laying around the grounds.

Beds were comfortable, pool area was well maintained.I did like that support staff in the halls always smiled and said hello to me and my daughter. They would also insist we take a coming elevator first even though they may have been waiting already when we came in the door of down the hallway.

This stay was not worth all the money we paid.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Service in the restaurant was poor, and we had to wait for clean plates. Some of the staff didn't speak, we didn't feel welcomed. Every night we had to call for more towels and was cloths, because they kept putting 3 sets even though we told them it was 4 of us. We won't be staying here again.

Bad customer service
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Doing construction work over night, noise was horrible we couldn't sleep and front desk did not paid attention when we complain about the situation

Space of two bedrooms is nice

Perfect for families
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Many of the staff didn't speak or really understand English. Manager tried to charge us the resort fee again. It took me for ever to explain and show her that the fee had already been paid on Booking.com.

We had a large 2 bedroom apartment that was cleaned and restocked each day. Quiet area. Easy access by car. Close to PUBLIX supermarket, theme parks, flee market, outlets and souvenir stores.

Excellent family hotel away from the crowds
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

The location might not suit everyone but we loved it as it is quiet without being dull. There is a supermarket and a choice of restaurants less than 10 minutes away and a taxi to any of the parks is around $30. The one thing to note is that there is a resort fee to cover parking, pool, pool towels, access to shuttle (which you then have to pay for!) - make sure you know exactly what this is as it will be over and above your booking.com room rate along with tax. Ours was approx $130 for 8 days but apparently it varies!

Very clean, spacious 2 bedroom apartment with lovely view of the pool which is also great. Super comfy beds. The hotel is a 20 minute drive from most of the parks but it is a lovely haven to return to at the end of the day. It also has a restaurant with some good choices and staff are very helpful.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, great location for...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

We stayed in a suite which served its purpose but showed signs of wear and tear and needs updating to meet expectations of the price point.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, great location for Disney Parks and nice restaurants!

Nice, quiet, pleasant hotel that I will consider in the future, just wish they had express check out
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

To check out, you need to check out in person at the lobby. The 2 front desk employees were attending to troubled clients and we got stuck behind a family with crying kids in the lobby for close to 15-20 minutes. It could have been avoided had we been able to Express check out from the room via phone/tv like many other hotels have.

Not enough entrances nor elevators in the buildings we had...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Not enough entrances nor elevators in the buildings we had to carry our stuff a great distance. We only stayed less then 24 hours so we weren't able to get the chance to enjoy the accommodations.

Staff have charged my credit card on USD 146,01 without a...
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Staff have charged my credit card on USD 146,01 without a reason. the room was pre paid, we left credit card as a warrant of damages -nothing have happed. We left the room at 7 am in the morning at the predicted day. it was being a nightmare to get this cancelled by the hotel, I am having to do it thru my bank.

It’s good to see that 50% of my review has been deleted! OUTSTANDING!!!!
    • Classic Room

The entire facility did not look like the photographs online. It was tired, run down delaperdated. I only arranged to stay there because I have stayed at the Melia in Dubai and that was most probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! I expected this to be the same, but how wrong was I... Walking to the room, the corridor smelt like stinky feet. So this was not a promising start! The room was terrible! The bed wasn’t made correctly at the foot end of the bed. The room was tired and poorly finished. The air conditioning would cut on then come back on, then when it did it was so loud I couldn’t sleep. The bathroom was tired and dated. There wasn’t even a USB socket for travellers who do not have travel plugs. I would strongly recommend that the manager of this facility stays in Dubai and then they can truly see the differences - which are night and day! I have never had to walk outside to get to my room either. I expected that there would be an internal walkway if guests had to get to another building... Moreover, I expected to be staying in the main building! The stay was so unbearable, I cut my stay short by one night and checked into the Marriot Courtyard at Lake Nona and what a difference! Baring in mind that I was charged for both nights at the Melia, when I only stayed one night. Then a whole host of other penalty charges for leaving early. What an outstanding service and the perfect way to encourage paying guests to return, and to promote the Melia as a brand. I have travelled all around the world with work and leisure! I have stayed in some of the best 5* hotels in Europe and the Middle East. As stated previously, the Melia in Bur Dubai is absolutely stunning and the stay and staff were faultless! They know what ‘service’ is in the Middle East, and more over how to ensure even an unhappy customer is not victimised or penalised! The smallest things to a guest are considered huge problems to them. Because they know the true meaning of ‘service’...

Not much!

Very well
    • Family Suite

We arrive late at night and the reception guy was not kindy nor friendly; the information given to locate the suite was not complete and we waste time looking for it. Finally we find and from then everything was good.

The suite was nice and big, we were 6 and all of us were very confortable. The view from the balcony was very nice; and the breakfast excellent.

The suite was spacious and the balconies offered outside leisure areas too!
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There were a few cosmetic repairs needed in the room. (Scratched furniture, and lamp that needed repair). Otherwise it was fantastic.

The internet was excellent. I teach online and stream classes to China. I was able to use the internet for this each morning with no issues. Wow!!

Overall decent with a few inconveniences.
    • Classic Room with Pool View

The rooms were in a separate building from the main entrance that could only be accessed via going back outside. They also gave us the wrong room key when we first checked in, causing us to walk into the room of a poor very startled you guys lady at midnight. (Also their room service ended at 10pm and not 11pm as listed, heads up).

It was clean and nice.

Very good value for money.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No complaints at all. Before booking, I had already figured out that if you want to get to Universal Studios this is 20-30 minutes in your own car. Disney seems to be much closer and I believe the hotel offers transfers.

Very spacious suite at low cost. In-room kitchen facilities. Breakfast option is good value. Free parking.

We were charged extra to sleep on a couch! Will not book this hotel again!!!!!!!
    • Classic Room with Pool View

King beds only. I booked a "Double" room, however, there were no double rooms in the hotel. When asked about this, they said they do not have any double rooms, all their rooms are king only. We had to pay extra for a king suite with a sofa bed. The hotel staff blamed it on "booking.com". We had to take turns sleeping on the couch. Paid extra to sleep on a dang couch. BOOKING.DOT.NO! Will be using another site next time.

The bed was very good. The view was excellent. The staff was courteous. The location was perfect. Breakfast was good but they were out of eggs while i was eating.

I love this hotel stayed here 3 times but this time was...
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very noisy workmen working on cleaning/painting from early morning beeping noise & lift equipment & at pool very disappointed couldn’t relax it was too much

I love this hotel stayed here 3 times but this time was different 😒

Won't stay here again.
    • Classic Room

Decor in the room was very cold and sterile. It was clean but not our style. We didn't find it very comfortable. At check in, they charged us an extra fee for cleaning, amenities and whatever which brought our rate from $160 to $228. We weren't happy about that. Then they had some kind of internet issue which resulted in our credit card not going through so I had to call our bank who said the charge wasn't showing at their end and it was likely an internet issue with the hotel. Then the girl entered it into the system again. Now we are home and the charge is showing up twice on our account. Am waiting to see if it's going to be posted twice which will mean I have to contact the hotel and bank to get it credited back to our account. inconvenient pain in the neck!

Location was good. Staff were friendly and helpful enough. Close to a nice area called Celebrations which had some cute shops and restaurants.

The bed is big and soft.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

AWFULLEST Check in experience I never had before. Kitchen too SMALL. Staffs at front desk are not that friendly and felt not pay enough attention for help. something wrong with the bathroom’s wash basin,water go down really slow.

The bed is big and soft.

Would definitely stay again!

Restaurant was overpriced.

The suites were huge and lots of privacy. Pool was relaxing. Great value for the money. Location was ideal. 5 minutes from Disney but off the main drag in a quiet area.

Review Melia Orlando
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The way they handled/processed the payments was a little frustrating. They should just charge when you check in instead of putting a hold on your card til you checkout. It definitely caused some issues because we split up the cost of the room with 3 different cards. Then the person who's card was the first one kept having more charges on their card due to the end of night pre authorazations.

Very nice facility. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Very accommodating. Nice pool area.

Fantastic hotel in a great location!
    • Classic Room

I wouldn’t recommend eating in the restaurant. We had both a dinner and breakfast, and it just wasn’t worth it.

A wonderful hotel with fantastic facilities, such as an outdoor pool, ping pong table and games in the pool area. The staff are super friendly and really take care of your needs. Also the housekeepers are very sweet! The room itself was spacious and clean. The hotel is in such a great location! It’s away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando but has lots of restaurants close by, as well as the highway down the street. The hotel is in a quiet area. Overall, a great hotel that I would recommend!!! Very family friendly!

Nice place. Additional fees were a surprise.
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Additional charges were added like a facility fee that was never explained. The bus to Disney also arrived 35 minutes late. On the way back the bus broke down.

Friendly staff

a nightmare - dont' go, The Booking.com review was not helpful,
    • Family Suite

room service - coming after 3 hours from my call, wifi did not work, poor breakfast.........

I know Melia hotels from Europe, I was in Melia Orlando Hotel Feb. 10, 2018, so my review is fresh, It is not European quality however our apartment was spacious and the pool was filled with warm water. The rest was the mess, some hotel people were not very helpful (one even politely aggressive) , we had to wait for someone from room service for 3 hours, the breakfast was another nightmare - not much to eat. But that was not only that - one had to wait for bread and other very simple breakfast choices.

expensive, plain, disappointing
    • Classic Room

The rooms were dated. The food was bland. The rooms were sparse. The amenities were few. Weird location, not close to anything walkable.

The pool was amazing. The staff were over the top friendly and helpful. The beds were clean and comfortable. Bathroom shower was amazing.

Great location Great barman and good food and choice of local draught beer. Nice c
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Resort tax [very expensive] which covered replenishing of room water, tea and coffee and a newspaper which we never received. Housekeeping never replenished our soaps and shampoos etc

Room size, food at bar, range of drinks, Bar service was excellent and pool was very warm and towel service was easy to use.

The Melia Orlando is a wonderful property and we will definitely be booking with them again!

N/a

Stayed in a family suite; the room was beautiful and perfect for my family size. Everyone was comfortable and enjoyed the beds, kitchen amenities, and beautiful balcony views.

I am a fan of the Melia and can’t wait to go back!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite with Pool View

Maybe the volume of the music a little lower in the morning hours for those who may have gotten in late and would like to sleep in.

The view of the pool is nice. Cafe 360 Service and Food were very good. The front desk were extremely friendly.

Lovely spacious room, staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Family Suite

Not enough ware avaliable in the kitchen of our suite. Only two glasses, a wine glass and a champagne glass between 5 people. The couch in the living room was shabby and could be replaced

Lovely spacious room, staff were friendly and helpful. Location excellent with nearby facilities

It was nice and relaxing until the money problems ruined it
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

More towels, better mattress, more parking. There seemed to be a continous problem, including us, with over charges on our card that were not taken care of and charges undisclosed until checking out

Average. Be careful for surprise charges
    • Family Suite

Some staff members were extremely abrupt and not friendly. Some staff had limited English speaking ability. The dishwasher in the room was broken so didn’t work properly. The hotel had their year end function while we were there and service was very limited during this time. No notice was given for this. The hotel is stuffy in some places but signs were displayed that they are working on this. The 5 mile radius for the hotel shuttle is way too strictly applied. ie we asked for a drop off at 5.5 miles and were refused. The Disney free shuttle takes forever to get you to Disney property and is late most days.

Hotel is nice and big and the facilities is perfect for a family. Mattheo was absolutely wonderful in taking us on short trips in the allowable 5 mile radius.

Good accommodation if you need the basics
    • Classic Room with Pool View

Walls are VERY thin. You hear everything from conversations to TVs. Transportation to and from Disney parks at odd times.

Nice hotel and staff. Very comfortable beds and pillows.

Short stay, adequate hotel, no complaints.
    • Classic Room

Lacked a certain coziness. Wish I’d gone for a slightly nicer room. Standard is quite ‘standard’

Good proximity to attractions. Clean modern looking hotel. Not a bad price

For being a Melia Hotel, this location was a complete let down. Will never stay there again
    • Classic Room

My partner and I (we are a gay couple) who both speak Spanish and there was a staff member of house keeping who yelled out "pájaros" in the hallway coming from our room to the elevator which is slang in Dominican Spanish for "fags". The hotel room was not properly cleaned or dusted. House keeping made the best but it was still a mess, looked like they were in a hurry, left the trash can completely full of trash, never took it out. Dust all over the floor and counters. Took picture of everything and showed the manager and only received a refund of $29....

The small complimentary buffet did have good food, just not much variety.

Good base for Disney, spacious suites, beware of service fees being more than booking.com state
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The service fees were approx $40 more expensive than UK Booking.com stated on the booking confirmation, so raised this with reception at checkout and they assured me that this was an error with the Booking.com site. The shower was very basic. I.e., you can turn the tap on or off but pressure is weak and not quite as hot as I would have preferred. The sofa bed had a stretchy cover that kept coming away or stretching around us as we sat on it. Lifting the sofa cover off revealed severe cracking of the cheap ‘leather-look’/split leather material. The shuttle buses (this is not directly in the hotel’s control, however worth bearing in mind): Excellent timing for getting to the parks as they open, however the return is not great. It takes a lot longer to walk out of the Disney parks than we expected (due to big crowds upon exit, then waiting our turn for the Disney Monorail to the Transport Centre). It can take as much as an hour just to get to the Disney Transportation Centre after fireworks. Unfortunately on three evenings we couldn’t get to the bus station quickly enough and had to then wait over an hour for the next very late last bus (23:30). The bus then makes its first stop at a Marriott Hotel about 5 or 6 miles out of the way first. This makes the total trip back to the hotel 2-2.5 hours, which makes Uber a more attractive option than waiting for the free bus.

Great location. Celebration is a lovely area in Orlando. The bed was very comfortable, our suite was spacious throughout and clean. The hotel offered free shuttle bus to and from Disney. The hotel has its own restaurant but a walk / short drive away is a nice Italian restaurant, 5 Guys, a supermarket etc. The swimming pool looked nice, (although we never used it as it was our base for long days at Disney). Free parking. Excellent WiFi that worked in rooms. Pleasant staff.

Short but sweet
    • Classic Room

Breakfast expensive for what was provided,expectation. Not met 13,99$ per person plus tip which brought a us at 35 $for a simple meal

Room spacious,comfortable bed,close to the city but quiet

Clean, chic, weird, disjointed
    • Classic Room

Our room was disabled without any warning, the toilet was so low to the floor along with the toilet roll and the bath was sunk but no hand rails around the bath! Windows filthy and spoilt the view

Very strange hotel, reception desk too crampt and of a weird design. Rooms housed in different buildings so you need your room key to enter the building. You leave reception and go back outside to find your building with your room.

The kitchen was fully equipped and the room was clean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The furniture was old and damage. The sofa bed has scratches and the cushions were upside down because of that. We have to change room because the first one had almost no light and the walls and living room chairs had stains marks. The sofa bed cushion was awful even for a child and the bed in the master bedroom was extremely uncomfortable. I won’t stay in this hotel again or recommend to anybody because the price and the comfort doesn’t match.

The kitchen was fully equipped and the room was clean. Good location.

No thank you

Pricing

Our Booking was quoted at 79 dollars, we had to pay 20 dollar amenaty charge,as we only arrived at the hotel at 6pm and left at 5 am the following morning this seems excessive. Please can you clarify why our final bill was £124.00 You will see we use your service a lot,if there is no satisfactory answer to why the booking went up more than 120% our long standing relationship may soon come to an end. We have bookings in January and May, these are in serious jeopardy. Regards Neil

Next best celebration hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It is expensive to eat and drink $16 for a glass of wine is pretty steep. Kitchen equipment was a little bare 2 classes and 2 pans, crockery was available. It was also $20 to rent a movie....

Close to Celebration, lots of shops, bars and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel feel safe and secure and well maintained.

Comfortable and convenient
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I agree that a resort fee is appropriate for a stay of two days or more, but when checking in at 11:30 at night and checking out by 10, a guest has no chance to use any of the facilities, so the resort fee should be waived

convenient and away from all the crowded areas but right near the entrance of the parks

Very happy. Would definitely stay again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I was not happy with the resort fee, I didn't seem to benefit from it. The corridor walls were really thin so I could hear all the front doors opening and closing so loudly, it seemed like someone had opened ours.

The beds were so, so comfy. Breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was very well set out. Plenty of tables for as well as lounge chairs. There was plenty of parking and the location was near enough to all the attractions but far enough to maintain a relaxed atmosphere. The free WI-FI was very handy and quite fast.

We were able to relax
    • Classic Room

The location was excellent. We spent one night on the first day in a "Classic" room, which was a very basic room; 2nd time around we had a very nice suite. The major problem with suite, was our request to have the porch door maintained to allow easy exit, to no avail and the cleanliness of the porch was not good. Had to move out before 7:00am and the bell hop's didn't start work until that time, so guess who became the bell hop. Otherwise nice accommodation. Never did use the resort aspect, for which we paid extra.

Very pleased specially with the cleanliness.
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The vending machines took our money. Front desk did offer to reimburse us at check out but I forgot to mention it when out

We actually passed the property because the sign was so small. Staff were friendly and attentive. The cleanest room I have ever stayed in I give it more than 5 stars. I was very happy about that. Great job and thank you to house keeping. I will most definitely stay there again. :)

It is a beautiful place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Furniture needs upgrading

It is a beautiful place to stay. My only suggestion is that the furniture be upgraded. The couch in my room was very worn. My son had to pull the mattress to the floor to make it ok for sleeping.

Could have been a lot better
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Cleanness (apartment was dirty whem we got in and daily clean was very poor), maintenance (most of the lights didnt work, air conditiining wasnt working well)

Thet granted us with an eay checkin and provided an apartment in a high floor as I have requested. Easy of access is also very good

Comfortable and convenient
    • Classic Room

It was hard for the Uber to find. His GPS didn't give proper directions. Although the location is generally excellent, close to so many things Orlando has to offer, the entrance is not easy to see and you drive through what appears to be a long drive through a field to get to the hotel. Once there the hotel is nice, not luxury type but very nice.

Was only a one night stay and they upgraded my room because the single was not available. I was in a first floor suite with a patio that looked out on to the courtyard with the large swimming pools. It was quite nice. Don't know what the single room would have been like. My suite had a full kitchen and spacious living room plus the bedroom and bath. The breakfast buffet that was included was very nice. Lots of people enjoyed the very spacious and interesting pool area during the day and into the evening.

Bed are comfortable.
    • Classic Room

Bed are comfortable..however room needed some attention..updating.definitely showed some wear and tear. However we stay there because of the nearest to Celebration Hospital..which was excellent.

Disappointed, wouldn't choose this hotel again
    • Family Suite

Noisy pool area some evenings. No assistance with bags to/from the room. No kettle for hot tea in the room. Quite long way to walk to room. Restaurant breakfast was poor (service was ok) in terms of choice and dinner not good at all with a long waiting time to be served even though it was small and not busy. Loud music inside the dining area along with a huge amount of screens showing sports was annoying and unnecessary and competed with the noise outside at the pool. Poor flippant service by waiting staff and the pizzas we had were awful, not at all tasty, very oily and put us off pizza for weeks afterwards. Asked for a side salad and was given a dish of lettuce - they insisted I had to pay extra (in addition to the side salad cost) for some tomato and cucumber to be added to it and make something resembling a salad. Cost at the end felt like we'd been ripped off. Hotel was pretty isolated unless you had a car and taxis took forever, more than half an hour to come - order one yourself through Mears, rather than the company the hotel use with drivers who came with smoke filled cars, lack of customer service and no change. Horrible smell in the hotel reception area with a fragrance that they were burning - we waited outside for taxis it was so bad.

Apartments were spacious and beds were comfortable with all mod cons. Check in and out was reasonably straight forward and quick. Complimentary water provided. Applebee's restaurant 12-15 minutes walk away does good inexpensive food for lunch and dinner with a range of options. No good breakfast providers within walking distance.

Good location but read the extras !
    • One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Extra charges - two or three additional charges on top of price quoted which is disappointing. Although these were “in the small print” and I accept that terms should be read fully, in this day and age, why not just declare all costs as a total price to pay ? We also booked as a room for 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), hotel reception seemed surprised when I asked for sofa to be made into bed. No bedding was originally supplied and it seemed that the sentiment was for us all to sleep in same bed. This was however promptly rectified.