Reviews of Menlo Park Inn 3 stars

1315 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Menlo Park

More staff to host the complementary wine offering. If it’s scheduled at 5pm, then why do customer have to wait till the check in clerk gets Round to it. White wine was really bad but red was ok.

Breakfast items didn’t have ingredients listed. A bright tablet on the table switched on with a welcome message in the middle of the night.

Clean air at night, air conditioner with thermostat in unit. Oats for breakfast were good.

Although we didnt smoke in our room and smoked outside our room in the outdoor hallway over the banister. At chechout we were charged an additional $100.00. I assure you we didn't smoke in our room, no lie. But, the crooks fraudulently charged us $100.00 for doing something that never happened. Also ask to speak to the manager that was last Sunday & the mgr. wasn't there. Today is Wednesday & no return call was ever received. Unprofessional is The Best I can say. It's so sad. I had $200 to live on for this entire month & they stole half of it.

Room 101 is right next to the ice machine. Avoid at all costs unless you want to wake up at 6am with the breakfast ice run. Pillows aren't great and the staff needs to vacuum under the furniture. Dropped something and was kinda freaked by what I saw.

The breakfast is great. Love the Greek yogurt idea. Really nice to be greeted by a cookie and a couple of waters in the room. Bed is nice. Parking is fairly secure.

• Queen Room

Our first room was cramped, noisy, had no place to hang towels, and lacked other conveniences---but, the staff was quick to switch us to a room we found quite satisfactory. The breakfast room management is, uh, rather laid back. We ran out of coffee at breakfast several times and other items were temporarily unavailable.

Our second room was comfortable, well-equipped, with recharging outlet for phone, etc., plenty of TV options, places to sit, bathroom tub and shower. The continental breakfast was good: Starbucks coffee (or tea available all day in lobby), juices, hb eggs, good quality toast, and good Gk yogurt (ask for this if it isn't on the counter). Water bottles/snacks welcome you to your room. USA Today in lobby every morning.

I didn't like that I didn't have more time to spend there. =:^(

I booked on Booking.com literally 2 blocks from the Inn very late in the evening and arrived before the booking reached the front desk. I was warmly greeted by Melite (she is awesome!) who informed me my reservation hasn't shown yet. She graciously welcomed me and a friend to enjoy the lounge, with hot chocolate!!!, while we waited. The booking showed within minutes and she happily waited while a few needed sips sank in before presenting the "paperwork" for signature all-the-while with the most pleasant, accommodating smile. She went over the paperwork and other necessities quickly possibly noting my fatigue from a long day. I shout, "THANK YOU MELITE". She thanked me for choosing Menlo Park Inn and invited me to have a nice stay, which I certainly did. The room was more spacious than expected as was the enormous bathroom with jetted tub. There was a tablet with everything accessible: Room service (beverages and snacks), maintenance requests, do not disturb option, reminders, etc. I apologize for not recalling all of the options. There is an iron and board, a clock with 2 alarm sets and radio and more, there are USB connection next to the very comfortable bed (wow!!), a comfortable chair with ottoman, an end-of-bed bench, a sitting chair, a clean carpet, and a Keurig coffee maker. Oh yes, there is a pre-folded paper airplane with further information along with recommendations to show the Inn how to make others! That sat on a tray with two waters, an awesome cookie (a real good, thick, soft cookie) and trail mix. Check-out was easy and just as welcoming as check-in was. I am hard-pressed to stop here and finish up by saying i am very, very, impressed with the Menlo Park Inn and welcoming staff. This just may have become my new go-to accommodation when in the San Francisco Bay Area and Peninsula. Thank you again Melite!!

• Double Queen Room

Buzzing/humming fridge in room. Complimentary WiFi not working for latter half of stay. Staff incapable of addressing the issue effectively.

The bagels and coffee were good.

• Queen Room

Décor is outdated, rooms are old in style - and some noise from the road

super friendly and helpful staff, really great people - made ,e feel at home and were super responsive for everything; location is pretty close to Menlo town center (5 mins walking)

First room we were given no wi fi, moved to a much smaller room. Second room had dirty rag on chair, cracked sink. Staff underwhelming, not especially friendly. Breakfast OK, would have been helpful to have trays to take food to room because the breakfast room was full at ten people.

A worthwhile breakfast

Breakfast was a joke Facilities in the room were very old dated Bathroom door was rotted on the bottom Carpet felt dirty socks were very dirty should’ve kept my shoes on

• Queen Room

bathroom and shower facilities were old and out of date, bathroom sink taps were barely functioning, shower was from the 1960's. needs an investment.

location was excellent

Air conditioner/heater was broken. Loud noises of footsteps and sounds of moving furniture and thumps could be heard from the guests above us. Receptionist who checked us in was eating a bagel and staring at her computer when we arrived - she did not look up to greet us until I said we need to check in.

This place is totally run down. The room smelled. Staff was very nice.

The place was way overpriced and just a dump!! We moved out after one night. You should not recommend this place!! We got a place for half the price and much nicer.

The carpet is a disaster. With substantial dark spots and dirt on it. When you walk your feet will be dirty in no time. Be extremely careful. That is not a jock. I don't know if the management knows about this or not. But whoever is in charge must change them. Someone may get a disease from these carpets, i.e., fungus or so. I used some medications after this visit to heal my feet fingers!! Unbelievable!! The location and the staff deserve way better rating than the carpets. Change them!!

Everything was either good or excellent; except the carpets and the wifi (they were too bad). I liked the location so much it is too close from the shopping center, and many restaurants are within walking distance, the bed was good. Tha parking was good also. But of course the price is too high, and it does not worth it. That is mainly because of the dirty carpets they have. If only they had put new ones, then I would have changed my rating considerably. If I came back again and found the carpets problem unsolved, then I will never be back.

• Double Queen Room

Walls in bathroom could have been cleaner. Bathroom could have been a bit more soundproof.

We loved our corner room! It was very quiet. I also loved the nice light blankets, instead of the standard hot hotel/motel comforter, on the beds. The eye masks, slippers, and earplugs are a nice touch. The central location is nice, but only easy to get to when going Southbound on El Camino Real.

Parking was tight. The spaces are narrow and, if you end up coming in late, and have to squeeze between two pickup trucks, as we did twice, it can be annoying, if not close to impossible to get out of your car.

Clean, comfortable. A different take on the breakfast experience, with what they call an oatmeal bar. Hot oatmeal every morning (we stayed four days), along with a selection of well-presented choices. Great muffins and doughnut holes, along with bagels and toast. (The selection was fine for us. But if you have to have scrambled eggs or pancakes in the morning, you will have to hit one of the local diners.) Our executive king room was spacious. The refrigerator (which includes a freezer section) and microwave were handy.

Except for ONE room help, no help from others period! Checked in; people calling & coming in were quoted $100 to $200 less than what I was paying & they state 5:30 PM - 7 PM: wine & cheese; it lasted for two days; when I asked "what's up" the third day - the substitute people at front desk stated "they" told us not to serve as it is too expensive"! Horrid organization! Then there was construction trucks VERY day; the crew drove over my cell phone; I went to office & she stated she would talk to them & they had cameras! Never heard a word back! This was totally a financial & physical nightmare; DONE!

Good organization, until worker comes in & cleans dishes while guest eating; simply horrid!

• Double Queen Room

For $400 a night, I expected a four-star hotel. Instead, I found it was no better than a Travelodge. The room smelled of disinfectant. The room was hot, and if I had turned on the cooler next to the bed, the loud noise would keep me awake. Definitely wouldn't recommend. The proper charge for the room would be $100.

• Queen Room

Rates can go up to 400 or under 200. The rooms can feel a bit more fresh. The breakfast was super basic and besides boiled eggs, I couldn't eat anything else.

One of the few options in Menlo Park. It's right on the Main Street and you get some noise but I was able to sleep. If this was around 100, I'd say it's a good deal ...

• Double Queen Room

The carpet inside the room was dirty. This was a big drawback. There should be more seating at the breakfast area. A waffle station during breakfast would be a huge plus.

It's located near local restaurants. Free cable TV and Wi-Fi. The beds were comfortable. There was ample parking. Wine and hors d'oeuvres were complementary on the weekdays.

• Queen Room

Location - Very central and good area.

Air Conditioner did no refrigerate at all, it was configured to save energy - we switched room but it did no work either - too hot inside the rooms. Ice machine was not working for two days – no Ice in the Hotel. Too soft mattress - I asked for a firm mattress but they did not give me. I got a back pain.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double Queen Room

Construction next to the hotel 8am-5pm. It was not possible to relax in the room and hear anything, because of noise and vibration from construction machines

Breakfast had good selection of food and drinks

The walls are paper thin and made it hard to sleep when you can hear every word of your neighbor's conversations. The water pressure was not very good. The breakfast left a lot to be desired.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

The staff couldn't have been nicer. They changed my reservation to a first floor room so that my daughter (who just had surgery on her foot) wouldn't have to climb stairs with crutches. They answered all questions kindly and were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Double Queen Room

Located on a major street with virtually non-stop traffic - especially during business days. Ask for a room away from the street. This may help you to get some sleep. Like in most motels sound proofing is minimal. You can hear your neighbors from all sides. The continental breakfast had a reasonable selection for a motel, very nice yogurt was a highlight. The problem is - they were running out of good food really fast. When people complained about it the stuff was defensive rather than trying to address the problem. At one point the attending person got into and argument with a visitor who complained about coffee being cold. The visitor had to stick her finger into the coffee cup to prove her point...

Menlo Park Inn is a clean motel with modern room furnishing and a fair continental breakfast (when it is available - see negatives).

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The room smelled old, maybe moldy? The tile and door frame in the bathroom were stained, chipped and/or dirty. Sounds picky but when you sit on the Loo, that's all you see.

It was very quiet, the heater was excellent, bed was fine. For the price, it was quite sufficient. And the make up mirror in the bathroom was great!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

While the room was clean and spacious, you could still tell (like many in this area) the hotel had been refurbished recently from one that was built in the 50's and 60's. All rooms open to the outdoors with individual semi-noisy room a/c units. Some rooms even have those groovy archways between the bedroom and the bathroom area.

Super friendly staff, comfortable bed and clean room!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

When I opened door to room, it reeked. Left fan on in bathroom to pull smell out. Room was not how it looked on line. Dreary. Unfortunately, I had a family emergency and had to leave after a few hours.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

They did not make our room one they, I ask for a bottle of water and they did not give one and after all we paid $1.900, one day we could not take a bath.

We like the parking place, good location, friendly people, breakfast and people at the front desk, and we recommend this hotel to a couple of friends that will be traveling soon.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The standard of the room: it looked dated, old carpets, noisy lamps, old-fashioned bathroom. No sound insulation in the rooms, I could hear my neighbours very well; one night there was some party next door with music and noise at 3am :( For my dates, the room was almost $400/night. Not the best value for money. I made a mistake in the dates booking the room, which I tried to rectify within seconds from booking. The staff wouldn't waive the cancellation fee.

Well-appointed lobby and breakfast area. Staff very pleasant. Location walking distance to Downtown Menlo Park, a few restaurants across the road. The breakfast was nice but very sugary.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

First of all, I was parked in an area two miles away and I had locked my keys and phone in my car! Fortunately, I decided to just walk to Menlo Park Inn check in and call for help. One of the staff (I forgot her name, sorry!) since it was the end of her shift even gave me a ride back to my car and I had my situation all sorted out. After a stressful evening I was just so grateful for an accommodating staff that went above and beyond for my situation. It was my second time staying here and after that experience, I'll be staying here whenever I am in Menlo Park again. The complimentary treats, accommodating room, and complimentary breakfast makes the place worth the price in comparison to other surrounding places. Plus there are many eateries nearby and a grocery store down the street thats easily accessible. I got no complaints!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The coffee 'machine' at breakfast.Didn't drink the coffee.The orange juice jug,fiddly/spilled easily the too small glasses for it.The cost of the stay,but everything is expensive in Menlo Park and California generally.

Lovely comfortable bed with a firm mattress.Desk and swivel chair.The receptionist when I arrived very tired.She was helpful.The arrangement where you don't have to have new sheets/towels all the time.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

We like menlo so much. I think this is the most valuable hotel in our 14-days-journey. The location is fantastic, only a few walks to the burger shop. We also enjoyed visiting Stanford anytime we want cause we lived so close.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

Extremely expensive mid-week Could hear footsteps from top floor

Bed and bathroom were excellent Snacks and bottled water in room were great Excellent location Staff very helpful and pleasant I've stayed here many times

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• Queen Room

Really expensive. Facilities are class B minus. I booked there because every hotel was full in San Francisco. I didn't have another option. I paid almost $400 for one night. Well, at least I had a warm bed,toilet & TV. Lol

Needs new beds.

Lovely and updated. Healthy breakfast choices. Good location.

• Queen Room

Coffee in room bad, WiFi poor/weak

• Queen Room

Shower water pressure is weaker than expected.

Clean

Faster wifi.

Staff excellent. Happy hour with free wine and some snacks!

Breakfast selection.

Courteous staff, cleanliness, convenient.

Limited breakfast options.

Clean and functional room, located in a great area

kindness of the staff and the clean clean hotel !!!

Poor sound insulation ...you best be an early riser !!

Good location for Stanford campus

The jacuzzi bath tube, there wasn’t away to plug the drain.

• Double Queen Room

Very clean and modern. The lady who works until 11pm at reception is so extremely helpful and lovely!!

Room was great. Location ideal. Parking was a dream

Bed was super comfy

• Queen Room

We came for breakfast at 8.30. Only toast left. No yougort no oatmeal.2 of 3 mornings.

Very nice hotel.

Not a thing.

The whole experience. From the decor, to the cookie left in the room. The lobby staff was very helpful, and accommodating.

• Queen Room

The breakfast was empty. only bread no yogort no oatmeal...even if we wwre there early.

bed was good room beautiful, smell was really nice

There was no staff member at the front desk when I wanted to check out, so I had to wait 5-10 minutes.

The parking spaces are too close together, I was afraid my car would get banged.

I just had a muffin, orange juice and coffee. All were excellent.

the shampoo

the bedding

Friendly staff. Love the extra treats in the room. Very quiet!

• Queen Room

Very clean, facility was ran very professionally.

• Double Queen Room

More variety for breakfast. Eating area was small.

Comfortable bed. Nice extra amenities like slippers and bottled water.

breakfast, cleanliness, price

refrigerator and microwave. quiet room

• Double Queen Room

When we arrived around 5:30 pm nobody was at the check-in desk. We had to wait at least 20 minutes for somebody to show up.

a little expensive...

Good location, close to shops and restaurants, near Stanford (5 minutes by car)

• Queen Room

Wish they put fresh bottled water in every night!!!:

Exceptionally clean, good value

The hotel is located on the main road, which is convenient, but the room I got was facing the road, so it was extremely noisy.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Bathroom sink faucet

Small complex so less nice then other places.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double Queen Room

Price, but it was a parent weekend for Stanford.

Oatmeal and having real dishes to eat off of.

• Double Queen Room

Poor breakfast. I want to eat waffles!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Double Queen Room

The mattress was a little uncomfortable.

The staff is wonderful, and I would stay here again. Everything was very clean.

Internet was a little slow.

Very close to my work

All was ok

Met our needs

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast all inclusive, friendly staff

Thin walls, facility could better maintained, rooms could have been cleaned better.

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Very uncomfortable bed

How close it was to menlo college

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Double Queen Room

It was cold when we arrive in the room and during the night and the heating system too noisy to keep on during the night. No additional blankets

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Wife loves the top blanket and two pillow choices. Felt safe and secure at this location.