Reviews of Metropole Suites South Beach 4 stars

635 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#204 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Another beautiful stay at the Metropole.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

That I had to leave so soon.

Marcia the housekeeping supervisor is very professional, warm, friendly and welcoming. Samantha the front desk associate is a star. She handles her self very well under pressure and while working with multiple guests. Mirrsa (sorry if I didn't spell your name correctly) at the front desk is also amazing and has a beautiful personality. Chris is just too cool. He makes everyone feel welcomed. I love love love the housekeepers...they all treat me so well. This is my home away from home. I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated and the staff here treat me very well. Thank you Metropole staff...I WILL BE BACK....as usual.

Memorable Metropole Memorial Day 2018
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I would prefer a full sized refrigerator for my food. I eat clean and need to keep my food fresh.

Melissa is AMAZING! Her customer service etiquette is exceptional. She really went above and beyond her duties to make me feel welcome every single day. She always has a smile and a warm bubbly personality. She seriously should be training people in proper hospitality customer service. She aced every aspect of her job. The housekeeper SPOILED me. Nancy is doing a great job with the housekeepers. They made sure I had everything I needed during my stay. Elmer the valet is also a keeper. I would hire him. Gregory is an excellent leader, I see why the staff are so good at their jobs. Gregory is also a good guy to talk basketball with. Very knowledgeable and professional. Milsa is a diamond. She has the energy of an Angel. Woww....very impressed with my stay. So much so I stayed another week to get some sun after a rainy Memorial Day holiday. Thank you South Beach Group, you guys got it right big time. I will be back!!

This was a hotel from Hell.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Dirty sheets, staff didn’t care about you, and there was no sense of urgency when we didn’t have a shower for 2 days. The room was filthy and the hotel was noisy.

This was the worst experience I ever had.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

They did not have a room for us and without notifying us sent us to another hotel when we got there. Worst experience to arrive at 10pm to be told we don’t have a room which you already was charged for.

Nice Staff / Bad Plumbing
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel had horrible plumbing I had To switch rooms twice because of it. I switched Rooms on my first day because the room was extremely small and not nearly what I expected Or felt like I paid For. Then I switched Rooms again because the water smelled like sewer and I refused To shower in those conditions. Once we got to our last room the toilet had over flown and would not go down there was water everywhere when we woke up. My fiancé & I had To wait to use the bathroom at one of the restaurants near by...

Sam & TY were amazing with helping us!

Pictures are very deceiving
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It wasn't what the picture shown. We found roaches in our bathroom, so nasty. I will not stay there again and I will not recommend anyone to stay there. This was and special trip for my sister and I. And it was ruined.

I didn't like anything about the property.

It was ok.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The staff gave me a huge headache about my deposit. They didn't wanna take cash nor my debit card. On top of that they never returned my 100 dollar deposit!

The beds were really comfy .

Great Job
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Room wasn’t ready on Time . But they made it out for us Doing a Late Check Out The smell of ciggar Shower Fuccet Not Working propertty

I vote YES to Metropole
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Great stay for a great value. The hotel was well maintained and the staff was beyond helpful. I traveled with my two children (14 & 7) for a Heat Basketball game and to go to the Museum of Ice Cream and the location was is great proximity to walk or take a $15 or less UBER. The front desk staff was so helpful and the guy who appeared to be the manager informed me of all the charges upfront, about the pools at the partnering hotels and about the airport shuttle.

Not recommended.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

1) We came to the hotel and found left over pizza in the oven! 2) sandy floors! 3) the shower’s water flow is very very very bad You can barey feel the water on your body and its not warm! 4) the cleaning staff are bad. They dont clean everything. All they do is put towels and not clean anything else. They even forget to add bathroom tissues! We had to call everytime 5) the manager is very very careless. We talked to him about all of our concerns and he did nothing. He said he was going to come and see the left over food from the people before us and didnt. Any hotel would take this seriously and would work on the satisfaction of their customers. This hotel does not deserve a 4 star stay. The manager does not deserve to be a manager. He even didnt believe us when we told him about the left over food in the oven. He asked one of the cleaning ladies and she denied what i said. He believed her without unspecting. Very very poor manager. Hes never there when we want him.

Wide room, spacious, comfy

Not worth the price
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The place was very dirty and poorly kept, especially for the price we paid. Our feet were black after walking on the floors after 5 minutes. The walls were very thin we could hear the neighbors yelling and chanting until about 3am and then again at 6am. The advertised pool was the size of a hot tub and had a garden hose as the water feature.

The location was great and the size of the suite was perfect for a family of 6

South West
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The valet price and the 100 deposits. The check-in process was slow but other then that I liked it a lot

The setup and the comfort of the room. The bed and the bathroom set up and the fact it had a full kitchen

It was disgusting and that hotel is not up to par
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I was very dissatisfied with the hotel because I was lied to several times, I didn’t have any hot water the whole time I stayed there and the manager was really rude and told employees to tell me he wasn’t in so he wouldn’t have to deal with me. I paid 694 for 2 days and only stayed one.

NOTHING!!

A very comfortable bed, friendly staff, beautiful garden to...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Door to bathroom hug too close to the floor making it difficult to open and close.

A very comfortable bed, friendly staff, beautiful garden to rest in, location was excellent, and the decor was fabulous with a condo feel to it !

Overall a successful stay and great location but not worth almost $500 a night.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Was not a full kitchen. Had a sink but no faucet. No oven. Microwave looked a little broken. Fridge had water/ice dispenser but didn’t not work. Got a room that looked like it was being remodeled. Patches of missing paint on the wall.

Patio was beautiful. Lots of space to relax. Room was a great size. Love the modern look and mirrors everywhere. Tv in all the rooms. Big comfy beds.

Nice location close to the water but overall it was a bit dirty and the room had a lot of issues.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

It was not very clean overall. There were lots of little things wrong with the room - the bed was placed in a position that prevented the bedroom door from closing, a light was burnt out, a window was broken, a cupboard was cracked, etc.

It was nice to be so close to the beach but not in a loud party area. We could go out if we wanted, but return to a mostly quiet area. Unfortunately there is construction happening behind the building and loud work started at 6am on weekdays.

Could have done better
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I had to play with the knob of the shower to get hot water every time I had to shower . House keeping is from 10-6 ? Why there should be a set schedule so I can be out and my room can get cleaned. Getting clean towels was also a hassle over all my stay was ok I spent 4 nights here and paid 814 I think I could have spent an extra 100 and got something better

What a great place to spend 2 weeks. Really comfortable room, spacious contemporary, clean.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Kitchen could have used some more cooking utensils for people like me who stay a long time and want to prepare your own food. Sofa for watching TV had a back rest that wasn't fixed, so difficult to be comfortable on that...

Spacious room with separate living, dining & kitchen. Well decorated. Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable for a 2 week stay. Great value for money considering some of the absolute dives you can get landed with on South Beach (the pictures actually match the reality with this place). 5 min walk max to the beach. Good strong and fast wifi.

Very bad experience!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Poor WiFi, poor tv channels and pictures. Smoking area.And the front desk service concerning a refund. We only stay at this place for only 2 hours and then checked out after not getting any resolution from the front desk.We were charged $85 for parking. We were only parked there 2 hrs.

The apartment look and feel of the place.

A little bit overpriced for what kind of accommodations available.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

For the room size and price, I expected to have bigger bathroom and more accommodations. Overall I think was overpriced.

The location was the only best part. Easy to get around to the beach and shopping.

great location, very comfy, friendly stuff
    • One-Bedroom Suite

no swimming pool, expensive parking

Very comfortable room with kitchen, suitable for longer stay also with family and pets. Stuff was very friendly, especially the manager of the hotel was really kind and helpful. Perfect location, few steps to the beach.

It was okay
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room faced a construction site.. The phone in the room did not work and you had to request for someone to clean your room. Only 4 people are allowed on the elevator

The location & room size of the room faced a construction site.. The phone in the room did not work and you had to request for someone to clean your room

miami is expensive- this place was a decent size for the rate compared to most places in the area
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Only decaf coffee in the room. Mediocre bathroom with poor lighting for women trying to do their makeup

nice staff, good location, walk- in closet was a surprise and decent kitchenette!

Dreadful experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room offered was at the back of the hotel with a close up view of a building site outside our window at the rear of the property overlooking an alleyway. That in itself would not have been a problem apart from being a bad view. However, that proved the least of our concerns. At about 10pm approx. on our arrival night (Sunday) building work commenced and continued non stop until 6am. First up was a CAT machine going up and down the alley with a loud Beep when reversing , with lots of shouting going on. As it was an alleyway all the sound was magnified. Next up was a concrete saw which was employed to cut a channel through the road/alleyway to the building site, the channel was then filled in with stuff (more shouting etc.) and the CAT machine was then used to bang it all down level using the front shovel. Suffice to say we got no sleep. Next morning we complained to the front desk who did change us to a different room in the late afternoon. This room was nicer and cleaner but we could still hear a lot of noise. The first room was not clean and the bathroom hand basin was badly cracked. We spoke at length with the Manager when leaving and we were offered an apology. Not much use after what we had experienced.

Location ok ,if it was not located beside a building site

My stay was litttt.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool is a pond. i specifially picked this hotel because I wanted a out door pool at my hotel. The pool is only 3ft and can fit about 3 people comfortably. I was very dissastisfied about that but the decor and location balanced out and my stay was great.

The rooms was very nice decor was great.

Not bad
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The shuttle never came to get us and when I called the property they said they had no way of getting a hold of the driver.....we spent $20 on an UBER we were not planning on

Good location. Super cute place. We enjoyed our stay

Great hotel....HOWEVER...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Ive always stayed here when I visit SB. This time...it was just miserable. I was verbally accosted, disrespected and abused by the front desk clerk Jason. All because requested an Iron to go out Friday night. Jason displayed unprofessionalism, insubordination, belligerence and rude behavior toward me in front of guests who were checking in. He is a liability to the South Beach Group and PCCO, LLC. Im am pursuing legal action agaisnt Jason and the company as a result of the abusive and criminal conduct of Jason. This should not and WILL NOT fall on deaf ears. My suite was always nice, the House keeper was amazing and deserved the hefty tip I left her. Gregory the manager is professional and exemplifies leadership. And then there is Becky...I simply love her presence. She made me feel comfortable the day after the horrible experience with Jason and I had a decent remaining stay as she assured me that Jason will not return until Monday when I depart. Again...Jason is a liability, a threat and a horrible representation of the other staff who do so well. My team is working to remove the cancer Jason from destroying such a great hotel chain.

This is my preferred Hotel when in South Beach.

Suitable for quite, calm vacation. Night life and shopping is too far.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

All facilities isn’t new, but working well, except coffee machine (and coffee itself) is very bad. But you can find quite nice free of charge coffee on the reception.

Location is very good, just one block from Ocean Dr, and the Ocean. Walgreens is just next door. Very quiet and nice place for beach vacation.

Always great staying here. Mr. G, Elmer and Becky are the very best staff!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The male maintenance worker Marco was very cold and lacked customer service etiquette. I would say good morning or hello and would not get a response at all. This happened on 3 separate occasions. The Valet "Miguel" did not know I was a guest and made rude comments about me needing to "hurry up" and move my car from a public parking spot that I paid for because he wanted to monopolize the spot for valet purposes. He made comments (saying Hurry up, Hurry up, let's go!) in Spanish and did not know I spoke Spanish. When he realized I was a guest he vanished.

Cute little property to stay for quietness with the convenience of the beach, shopping & restaurants
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The stove was a bit difficult to use as there was only one knob and it was close to breaking. The toilet seat kept moving to the side when I would sit so I felt like I was about to fall in. The couch was a bit uncomfortable.

Location is perfect. Central to anything really. A block from the beach. I liked how this property was hidden. It was quiet. Loved the kitchen as I prefer to cook rather than going out to eat all the time. When there was an issue with the room, someone was there right away. Great service.

Enjoyed this nice room
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The pool that is seen in the photos is quite small and more like a jacuzzi

The decoration of the room is quite nice and classy, I stay in a one bedroom suite, The bed was large and comfortable, kitchen is quite well equiped and has all the equipments that are necessary. Location was good, very close to ocean drive and beach with a few minutes walking.

BEST PLACE IN MIAMI !!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Metropole south beach is my first best choice in Miami, Becky at the reception is super . They had just change the manager and I was afraid because I knew in the past year the previous manager but Gregori the new one is excellent friendly and professional , asking us all the time if we need sthing , I did a mistake with the safety and he has sent a guy in 3 minutes , I will be in miami in a month and this is definitely my address ..... thanks a lot guy !

Run down boutique hotel
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

At first the hotel looked great until I actually sat down in my room and took off my shoes. The junior suite floors were filthy, walls and furniture dirty. Floor sinking in certain spots, electrical shortage in their ceiling light in the kitchen, low water pressure making it a chore to flush the toilet. Last but not least hotel worker stated to me ; a lot of illegal activities happens at that hotel when a girl goes missing. Its definitly a party hotel but for 1500.00 for 4 days I could have done better. Pool is the size of a small fountain, its nasty and can only fit feet. I would not recommend staying here, if you can not get the junior suite for less than i paid.

The location and room size

Absolutely horrible!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel was dirty, we had to wait 3 hours for the room to be ready. The room did not have functioning air conditioning. There were cobwebs and layers of dust.

Absolutely nothing!!!

I would not go back!!! 2 doors down from us they didn't have water.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room it's self was beautiful. It could have been cleaned better. 1.We did not have tv we were told to call direct tv for issues. 2.the toilet did not flush I was told to use the one in the lobby. 3. The AC did not work. 2 doors down from us they didn't have water.

The room it's self was beautiful.

THE STAFF WAS REALLY NICE AND THE LOCATION WAS GOOD.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

THE TOILET WAS HARD TO FLUSH. LIGHT IN KITCHEN DIDNT WORK. SHOWER PRESSURE WAS AWFUL. THE BEDROOM DIDN'T GET ENOUGH AC SO IT WAS HOT. THE ICE MACHINE WASN'T CONVENIENT TO GET TO. THE POL WAS THE SIZE OF MY BATHTUB AT HOME JUST ALITTLE BIGGER.

THE STAFF WAS REALLY NICE AND THE LOCATION WAS GOOD.

Very mediocre property. You are paying for the location.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The toilet did not flush properly the entire time. We spoke maintenance several times to no avail. We also experiences ants in kitchen, a water leak and a hot room. Little to no follow up with guests.

The location was the best part of this property. The courtyard was also very nice.

Absolutely terrible! Will never stay there or recommend.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Facility is super small. One elevator. Supposed to be a chic upscale hotel, definitely not. There was mold in the window seal of the room, causing my friend and I to have some breathing issues. Toilet overflowed as well. We were finally moved to another room where there was a huge cockroach. It was awful! Staff was friendly but offered no type of compensation for our inconvenience. Definitely not worth the money.

I didn't like anything about the hotel.

exhausted from fun and too much loudness in hotel after 11 pm.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Way too much partying going on. People staying in center of hotel. People were very loud and no one was there to tell them to stop. It went on until 5 am the first night, second night still parties in center of hotel and fights going on across the hall. They moved us to a better location. Unless you are in room 103 the people are all party folks not for family life. Even when moved we put towels at bottom of front door but loud above us, beside us in center. I broke down and purchased sleeping pills on day 4. I also forgot my clothes and souvenirs in one drawer, it was in the front room. I have tried calling the hotel and emailing them in hopes that they have but, can't get anyone to answer.

It was very nice walking to the beach, getting bikes and being on the bottom floor.

Hotel great value for money in a central location
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom small but ample for staying a few nights

Large bedroom and living area. Good storage for clothes etc . Very friendly helpful staff. Hotel very central for Miami Beach and seeing Art Deco area.

DO NOT STAY AT THE METROPOLE SUITES!!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room we initially had was not clean. The second room they moved us into the air did not work. I booked two rooms for the weekend and the 2nd room had no air in it the entire time and no one came to fix the problem. If I could give this hotel zero stars I would. The manager gave us vouchers to eat for our inconvenience at their sister hotel and when we went to eat there was a roach crawling on the wall by our food.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

The worst hotel and service we have ever experienced
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There was so many bad experiences I am going to have to bullet them to fit them all: 1)Front desk was argumentative and hotel demands you pay upfront without seeing the room. Once we checked in they demanded payment AND put an additional hold on our credit cards 2) elevator broken 3) several times when walking through lobby guests trying to check in we're stuck as no one was at the front desk for hours at a time. Front desk staff was rude (if they were there at all) 4) room looked like a bad 70's movie with old cheap mismatched decor broken doors and we even had to program the TV to set cable up 5) old tiles floors were worn down so much your feet turned black with dirt 6) there was a huge stove in the room and mini fridge fully loaded with drinks and stuff could not put our own items in it. They put a bowel type bathroom sink in the kitchen which was very odd and made it almost impossible to use. 7) smoke detectors randomly going off in the middle of the night(5am) not chirping like low battery just going off like an alarm 8) we had to ask three times for maid service finally they came at 530pm for towels 9) people were passed out drunk in the courtyard lobby area 10) guests were often seen arguing with staff over things that should have been easy for most hotels... If there was staff around!! 11) the elevator, when operational, kept slipping and doors would jerk closed and was dirty. 12) hallways looked old and all flooring was uneven and not level 13) room was moldy/musty smelling 14) lobby faced right into a cleaning janitors closet that was open and dirty 15) four nights was $1,965 paid up front so once we saw the room we could not get a refund... It was a disastrous experience. I will NEVER stay there again!!

The location was about the only thing I would recommend. I would never stay here again.

Nice apartment style stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Elevator. Public parking just across the street was less expensive and convenient if you did not need to use your car too much. The pool in the courtyard is more of a small cold jacuzzi size dipping tub, but the courtyard had nice ambience with the plants and furniture.

Really close to the restaurants on Ocean Drive and walking to the beach. The rooms are decent sized. There are quirky things, but seems like they are fixing the place up. The overall feel is if one is staying in a friend's apartment.

Blah
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The early morning construction outside my room window I was assigned a dirty room then they had to switch me to another after I had waited 1 hour to get checked in

The area was nice and convenient

I loved the property;
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Getting my deposit for the room is downright ridiculous. I called to inquire about my deposit and was placed on hold, but the guy at the desk just transferred me without saying who I was being transferred to. After selecting Account payable from the teleprompter, the answering service said the VM is full. So was unable to leave a msg. I called back in hopes of reaching the guy at the desk, I am sent to voicemail, again. Another dislike was the price for item in the full bar i.e. Pringles $4.00, really?!

I loved the property; clean and inviting

Metropole stay
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The property was like a mini home away from home

The young at the front desk, Zak was extremely courteous and helpful. The management at the Metropole should value this kid. Great employee.

Horrible
    • One-Bedroom Suite

This hotel is really not worth the money and I will never stay there and I will never prefer nobody to this hotel it's nothing like the picture and it just not right

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Staff was very friendly and they made sure our room was clean all times.The location is good
    • One-Bedroom Suite

They don't give Beach chairs and towels , they don't even​ have a jacuzzi since they​ don't have pool the is nothing there to entertain the guest.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The hotel has very spacious apartments complete with kitchen...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Parking & AC. The air conditioning is the only significant problem: the building's central air is inadequate, so there are in-room units that are very loud. This is fine before it starts getting hot and can turn it off at night. Not recommended for summer, though. Parking is in a public garage not adjacent to the property. Figure on valet, which can take 20 minutes. Small item: the hallway past the lobby is really dingy.

The hotel has very spacious apartments complete with kitchen and dining area. The decor is art deco, 30s "Modern" all the way. Everything in the room was very clean. The courtyard is a reall plus. 1 block to South Beach.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Very friendly staff, perfectly located for beach, shopping,...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Very friendly staff, perfectly located for beach, shopping, restaurants, etc. We had last minute change up in our travel plans and they took us right in with no reservations, made us feel as welcome as a preferred customer. If in Miami again, this is our place!

Extremely Disappointing!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

From the moment one arrives, the building looks tired and unkept. Booking.com obviously oversold this property to us, . The furnishings in the room need replacement, new tiles in the bathroom, clean glasses for our drinks perhaps?. The bedroom smelled terribly.

Love the pictures on Booking.com, A complete different experience, however!.

MODERN, SWEET SUITE STYLE LIVING

no laundry available

Location is great! I love the modern suite with actual rooms: kitchenette, living/dining, bedroom, huge walk-in closet and bathroom

We will not stay here again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

One of the girls severely burned her arm on the lamp. It is still bad today. Apparently, the wrong bulb was being used. When it was reported, someone from housekeeping replaced it with a safer bulb. The manager indicated that we would be compensated for the inconvenience but still has not happened. In addition, the manager observed a roach in the room and ignored it. Also, the room was not cleaned during our entire stay. Although housekeeping came to clean, it was during times when six people were getting dressed with one bathroom. Therefore, they were asked to return later and never did.

The location was the best part of the stay.

Metropole is nice spot to stay in South Beach
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Your local CBS channel did not work at all on any of the televisions in the room. That pissed me off. Also,no ESPN channels.

Great location. The apartment style rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Not the greatest
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Everything else was horrible, bathroom was horrible shower leaked a lot of water outside, everything in the closet kept breaking. Staff never cleaned our room we stayed there 3 nights.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

I'll definitely stay with metropole and/or south beach group
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The hot water didn't get very hot and the happy hour was not what we expected so we didn't go anymore after the first time

The location was awesome, we had a full kitchen and the room overall was really nice. We also was able to put our luggage at hotel before check in

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The A/c in my bedroom was broken so they gave us a...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The A/c in my bedroom was broken so they gave us a portable A/C we left for dinner once we got back the A/C in the living room area had also stopped working, the shower has no door which made water splash all over the place the walls in the shower was a bit dirty and the hallways leading to the rooms had a bad smell to it.for the price of the rooms it wasn't worth it they should lower their prices a little or if they leave their prices make sure their rooms are clean and smell nice and most importantly the A/C is working I mean we're in Miami it's already super hot outside so having a broken A/C isn't the cherry on top

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Great location but not a 4 Star as claimed
    • One-Bedroom Suite

1) the layout was poor as the restroom was inside the bedroom with a glass fronsted door right at the head of the bed so the light is directly in your face 2) there were knats in the restroom on the ceiling & the shower drain took forever to drain 3) the mattress needed to be replaced as you could feel the springs 4) the building must have had frame damage as walking down the hall was a slope as well as in the bedroom along the window side

the location & price was great

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Location!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Shower! Old, has not been updated system. A 2 minutes shower has taken me 17 minutes cos I could not adjust the middle of hot and cold water. Literally I have burned my body with the hot water.

Location!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Not the place I visited before
    • One-Bedroom Suite

There was work being done on the floors,the hot tub was never cleaned, ants in the room which I called about every day. They attempted to get rid of them with...windex.

The staff was pleasant and it was close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great location and comfortable room
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom was very small. There were some constructions going on behind the hotel and this was awful as they started early in the morning. The room needs a bit more lighting

The location was perfect for the beach and a great walking distance to most of south beach's main attractions. The room was small but comfortable. The staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Rooms were so big that we could have done with fewer of them.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

A bit run down but for a boys trip it was perfectly fine. Everyone was really happy.

Rooms were so big that we could have done with fewer of them. Location was great.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

However good location - Very close to the beach and some...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Staff weren't overly friendly, room needed updated, looked worn. Bathroom was mouldy. Pictured pool was the size of a hot tub.

However good location - Very close to the beach and some shops. 15 minutes walk to mall.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The staff was friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

No one ever answered the phone when we called the front desk to see about the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Checking in took forever. When we called down for more towels and toiletries they took so long that we had to go downstairs ourselves to pick them up. The water pressure in the shower was also very low. We also couldn't seem to find a balance for warm water. It was either really cold or really hot. On the last night we asked for late check out and they called us back the day, which was the day we were supposed to check out, at 10:15 to say absolutely not check out is at 11.

The staff was friendly. They do provide beach towels everyday for guest to use.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The front desk guy was very nice.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We needed extra towels but it was still in the dryer. They need to get more towels for the hotel. They need to wear name tag so we know who they are.

The front desk guy was very nice. His name is Zac i think. Check in was great!!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The location was good.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

First we got a room on 4th floor. It was very dirty!!! Hearin the shower, dirty floor etc. The aircondiction was a box in each room and super loud and not possible too sleep with it on. It was not possible to close the windows. Then we got a new room, bigger and nicer, but it was also dirty... not possible to walk without shoes on the floor, but a much better room.... ok to stay there for a short time. Would not recommend it when travelling with a baby. The baby could not play on the floor....

The location was good. But its the only good thing with this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Been staying at the Metropole for my last 3 visits to South Beach
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The water pressure in the shower was low with no hot water. No ESPN channel.

The location, valet parking right in the front, and the comfort of a home.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Poor quality
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Parking was horriable, no one spoke English to communicate, for the price it's just not worth it!

Rooms are old, not much lighting and very loud AC, I've stayed here before however, the quality was poor this trip!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Would definately recommend.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We only stayed for 1 night and everything was on point so have no complaints.

Nice little hotel with a great location to the beach/shops and bars. Advised to park over the road instead of valet parking saved me $31, overall great place to stay. Happy and very friendly staff, keep up the good work.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Ok but not ok
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The shower was dirty, the oven when we turned it on to cook left a burnt smell, the sink stopped up had to have that fixed in the middle of our stay and housekeeping wouldn't clean the place if we were in the unit but things came up missing so i think that needs to change.

I liked the location close to the beach and restaurants

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The front desk guy, Carlos, was very helpful and sweet.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I had left a sweater in the room after we checked out, so I called and the girl I talked to was kind of rude. I was calling from the airport and I couldn't hear her. I had called back to clarify the email address, and she said, "I already told you." Very not helpful.

The front desk guy, Carlos, was very helpful and sweet.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Good
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The showers didn't have a door & the water pressure wasn't that great either. The floor was extremely slippery even without socks.

The location was perfect!

I wouldn't stay there again. Pictures are deceiving !!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel and facilities were not good. The kitchenette and bathroom had little bugs everywhere, not clean. The pool,if you want to call it that looked more like a foot bath.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Definitely needs complete renovations
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Very dirty hotel. Very old building, rooms, equipements and amenities. The floors are extremely dirty and impossible to clean. The cleaners don't speak English and don't clean properly. The garden is extremely dirty and full of insects (and extremely smelly). Too expensive for the service offered and definitely not a four stars hotel. Finally, extremely rude management staff.

Location is great. Reception staff are very professional and caring.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Great place to spend vacation, really close to the beach and great staff.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Even though there was a kitchen area, the stow wasn't working properly, meaning that only one circle was heating up. Also, we were provided with a pan only and our only option was to make only fried food.

The room was small but super nice! The bed was big and comfortable I always got very nice sleep in there. Every time we came back from the beach, room was cleaned, bed was made and clean towels were ready. Staff is very responsive and will help out anytime.

Browse Metropole Suites South Beach traveller photo gallery