2. USA hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of MGM Grand

Reviews of MGM Grand 4 stars

3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#125 of 203 hotels in Las Vegas

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 17 February 2019

Over rated for the price
    • West Wing King

It took a very long time to walk from the parking structure to check in. The lines were very long to check in. I room was a long walk to get to. The room did not have a mini fridge or a coffeehouse.

The location was great. Close to everything.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2019

I like that the hotel was in walking distance to everything.
    • West Wing King

I didn't like that it wasn't a refrigerator in our room. Had to keep going to ice machine.

I like that the hotel was in walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Long walk to our room.
    • West Wing King

Long walk to our room. Very long hallways. It took several minutes for the water in the shower to get hot. The hair dryer tripped the outlets to turn off. Then, the hair dryer didn’t work at all.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2019

Good sleep and good conditions.
    • Grand Queen Strip View

Hotel Price details. Extra cost was too high. That made me embarrassed.

Different price with booking.com. They took charged twice for one day. It requires clear explanations for the price.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Extremely friendly staff!!
    • West Wing King

Room was VERY small for the price. I would love to get a room with own bath “room” next time we visit..

Every single staff member; check in, house keeping, dealers, etc went out of their way to be friendly. Always a “hi” and “hello” with a smile!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

April was my receptionist who checked me in.
    • Grand King

The toilet flush was not working in my room when I got there. The water doesn't drain and every time you flush, more dirty water came out. Called service number and took maintenance 30 mins to come to fix. After making a small mass with the fix, the person said he will get housekeeping to come clean up, and they no one ever came. Was pretty grossed out... Yea the hotel facilities are old...

April was my receptionist who checked me in. I got there just last 9am and April assisted me with an early check-in for $25 and a upgrade in room to the Stay Well floor. She patiently explained the hotel amenities and was very friendly. I really appreciated her help at my arrival and be able to catch up on some sleep way before check-in time for a small fee. Thank you! Also, the Spa and fitness center is pretty decent. With the Stay Well floor a cess card I got to use the spa for $10 in a one day unlimited pass. So worthy it!!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

There was no encouragement to stay in the room although being a five star hotel.
    • West Wing King

No facility to make hot coffee/tea in the morning to facilitate body functions. Was not clear that the water and cookies on the counter above the mini bar was chargeable. There was no facility to store personal food items as the little fridge could not be opened. No encouragement to spend time in the room although being a five star hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

The hotel location is good.
    • West Wing King

The hotel location and the restaurants are very good.

The hotel location is good. The first night I stayed at West Wing 2nd floor. The room is at 2nd floor 517, really far away from the lobby. The rooms at the west wing make me feel like it is a high end youth motel. The ceiling is low and dark. I upgraded my room to grand tower for the following night. The front desk staff is nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2019

Friendly staff and cleaness of the hotel
    • West Wing King

I upgraded the room to newly renovated wing. However, there was no HOT water in the middle of shower, water was leaking through faucet, the fan was too loud (It was little bit cold at night so I raised temperature but I had to turn it off because it was too loud) and there was no sound proof, I could hear from next room or hallway. The room was clean and nice and service was really good but the facility didn't meet my expectation

Friendly staff and cleaness of the hotel

• Reviewed: 8 February 2019

It was on the main strip
    • West Wing King

The circle mirror in the bathroom was broke ....the shower water was cold , and the room phone was not working , and they charged me for shuttle to airport . Bad enough they charge $37 a night fee , and then they charge for airport shuttle

It was on the main strip

• Reviewed: 8 February 2019

The bed and my view
    • Grand Queen

There were no robes. I have never stayed in a hotel where there wasn’t at least a small waffle/robe. Even at my daughter s school in Virginia in that holiday inn. Also no toiletries at all in the room. Had to call down and then no cotton balls or q tips

The bed and my view

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

The room was clean and the bed comfortable
    • West Wing King

We stay in Vegas a lot and have stayed at the MGM before. This stay was in the West wing, the rooms are tiny, we could barely get our stuff in the room without falling over it. More like a cheap but modern travelodge than a Vegas hotel.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 January 2019

Make sure you stay away from the North Tower !
    • Tower Spa Suite

We booked a tower spa suite and were put in the North Tower on the 2nd floor. The North Tower is not nice, the room smell like smoke, the walls looked very old in the bathroom and we could see the car park from our window (literally a big wall in front of our window, the cars driving around the car park would wake you up as we experienced it). You would get a better standard room in the Grand Tower for much cheaper. After asking twice and were told we would get a new room on higher floors in the Grand tower, we went to collect our new key and the staff member told us they didn’t have anymore tower spa suite room available... It was our 3rd time staying in the MgM and as we were very unhappy, the manager magically found a room for us in the Grand Tower! Whatever you do, make sure you don’t stay in the North Tower!!! I don’t think we will be staying in the MGM Grand again in the future.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2019

How we were able to get into our room early.
    • Grand King

There are no king bed connecting rooms. My husband and I traveled with my little brother and his girlfriend for their 21st birthday and both wanted king beds. But the staff told us there were no king bed rooms adjoined.

How we were able to get into our room early. Makes the biggest difference. We drove 12 hours to get there so being able to get into our room when we arrive is crucial.

Ok
    • West Wing King

Had to pay daily rate for use of refrigerator. (Did not use in the end) No complimentary tea or coffee in room. Not enough lighting in room, bit dark. TV network not good, lost the feed. Wifi terrible.

My housemaid was very nice. Staff st MGM very nice. Bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

Very convenient and the Stay Well area makes everything much simpler - from check in on.
    • Stay Well Grand King

$5 for a bottle of water in the hotel lobby store,

Stay Well Rooms are worth the extra money. The air purifier is a treat after the smoke in the hotel and casino. The beds are extremely comfortable and the toiletries are terrific.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

The hotel was nice and convenient. It took 45 minutes to check in at 9pm on a Friday night.
    • Grand King

I am Type1 Diabetic and asked if I could store my insulin in the mini fridge. I was informed that the hotel would charge me $35 per day to put my small vial inside. This appears in conflict with the ADA - financially burdening a customer to use something already inside the room to store something that is necessary for me to live. Do they charge extra to use the wheelchair ramp also?

Room was nice size and beds very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

The front desk told me my value parking will be included in my bill but I have to pay $24 outside a
    • West Wing King

I have to wait until 4:30 pm to get my room or I can pay $25 extra to upgrade and get the room at the same moment ,would I stay again 99.99 No

Starbucks inside the casino

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

I liked the customer service provided as they were friendly.
    • Grand Queen

There were a couple items that were broken on the electrical side. House cleaning was not very good as it looked like they were rushed to clean. Compared to other hotels that I stayed in Las Vegas, tv was a but small with no Bluetooth. There was no microwave or refrigerator to heat or store food. For the price paid for this hotel I expected more.

I liked the customer service provided as they were friendly. Room was pretty spacious and got a good view.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

It took 45 mins to check in and the staff were in no rush.
    • Grand King

It took 45 mins to check in and the staff were in no rush. It was 11.30pm and they were more interested in chatting to on another then getting through the hundred+ guests standing in line.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2019

Concerts: Amazing. Hotel: OK. Vegas overall: Meh.
    • Grand Queen

The hotel was PACKED because of the Paquaio/Broner fight -- so loud and chaotic we chose to spend our time at other hotel casinos. The showers were weak and ran (literally) hot or cold...very frustrating. Neighbors partied until 230 am. Had a small billing issue checking out. I do not understand the $35/day charge for a fridge, nor the fact that you cannot use the bar fridge; some of us have nutritional needs that Las Vegas restaurants simply do not meet and I don't think refrigeration is too much to expect. Finally, we could not find the monorail no matter how many people we asked...better signage might help people find and actually use it.

The beds were among the most comfortable of any hotel, ever. Our check-in agent, Lea, was courteous and helpful. Hotel is centrally located on the strip. Grand buffet was good value and offered lots of fresh options.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2019

Friendly staff, disappointing bed and room
    • West Wing King

The mattress felt as if it is actually just a box spring (the medal springs) with a featherbed like topper put on top. I have travelled to many other countries and stayed in no star hotels and had more comfortable beds. The shower curtain was hung with at least a six inch space between the bottom of the curtain and the floor. This gap resulted in a river/puddle forming and us having to form a towel barrier to avoid the lake spreading across the bathroom floor. The bathroom itself didn’t have a door. It looked like at one time there had been a door because there appeared to be a a track for a door there, but there was no door to separate the bedroom from the bathroom. For some reason an employee comes by every day and knocks on the doors to check if the “mini bar” needs to be restocked. There is a sign on the mini bar tray that says if you lift anything you will be automatically charged. If this is true then they would know if the three item mini bar (bottle of water, phone charger gadget and package of cookies) had been moved, consumed or used.

Nilvia at the front desk was so friendly when we checked in. All employees that we interacted with just in passing or when asking for directions very friendly and helpful.

• Grand Queen

Housekeeping did not change out glassware daily. Waste baskets weren’t always emptied. No coffee pot or refrigerator in the room. Hallway carpet needs to be replaced or restretched to address waffles in the surface.

Location. Salon, SPA, restaurants were very nice.

It was just okay. Probably won’t return to MGM Grand
    • Grand Queen Strip View

Given room without a strip view, which I had paid for so had to change rooms. There was no coffee maker in the room Confusing to use card to exit the parking garage. Directions weren’t helpful so I had to call the desk for assistance. Took a long time to check in.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

Nice, well serviced room. would stay again
    • Grand King

just didn't quite meet expectation. reputation and price was expecting a bit newer and luxurious, would still recommend though.

nice clean, comfortable room. great location, handy to monorail and transport to mandalay

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

staff was super friendly and informative and was able to ...
    • Executive Suite with Two Queen Beds

super confusing to find your way out of the casino and got lost a few times. the buffet was quick to get us seated but food was not good and made a few of us sick.

staff was super friendly and informative and was able to get us a good deal. casino was very clean and not to crowded. the walk to the strip was really close.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Would stay again if I could get a room in the grand tower again

Food and drinks very expensive, ice machine on our floor broke. Food court food just so-so, and very pricey. No prices on any of the drinks in the little shop by the elevators. Buffet prices outrageous! Must only be for people who gamble enough to get comped.

My wife booked the stay online and our kids room was in another tower, but the front desk clerk (name: Chanel) was able to change it so we had rooms next to each other, plus they were way better rooms than we originally had. Probably not easy to do since it was so near NYE and crowded. Considering what we paid for them, it wasn't really a "free upgrade" but I appreciate what she did for us. Thank you, Chanel ! We were a little wary of MGM from the reviews we read online, but we stayed in the "grand tower" and it must have been updated recently, everything was nice and new and clean, plenty of hot water and good strong water flow in the shower.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Great room size and great upgrade value.
    • Grand Queen

Was hard to coordinate the rooms being cleaned, there was no fan in the bathroom, the air con wasn’t cold enough and the TV didn’t work for a period of time.

Great room size and great upgrade value.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

if only you could have made it easier
    • West Wing King

no slippers in the room, no coffee maker why is water so expensive? why cant we keep our food in the fridge? we were there for 7 good days!!! We cant keep eating out, we had to stock a few food items - but we couldn't the room cleaner stole our blank taxi receipts - Room no 324, 16th floor

the bed was comfy

Great Hotel overrall!
    • West Wing King

The lack of coffee machine in the room, the lack of USB plugs

Service was great, I lost some items and they were able to deliver them and get it shipped. Sue in concierge is awesome!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Rude Staff, Dirty Toilet, Broken Plumbing, and Insane Hidden Charges/Fees. Never Again.
    • Tower Spa Suite

We had a really unpleasant experience. First of all, it was really hard to even figure out how to drive our car up to the hotel and valet, due to a confusing layout and lack of proper signs on the adjoining streets. But ok I don't want to blame them for this much. But once we got there, we felt super rushed by the staff to get our stuff together out of the car and to the bell hop office. Then all of the electronic check in stations were down, so after our long drive we had to wait in a line for at least half an hour or more to get checked in. We paid in advance on booking.com for a suite. The suite was indeed nice, large, and with a nice view. But they had failed to clean the toilet properly so there were a bunch of dried urine drippings and stains on the toilet which were gross to look at. The shower plumbing was also broken, so when we used the in-room hot tub, when we drained the hot tub a bunch of what looks like sewer water came gurgling up the shower drain. So for this reason we only used the hot tub and never the shower, which would get filled with brown water. Additionally, in our room the white lean-back chair was broken, so even though it leaned back, it also leaned left, which would cause you to fall out of the chair. It was obvious that somebody had broken the chair by doing some "acrobatics" on it. Our check out experience was also bad and probably the worst part of the experience. The bell staff that took our bags was very rude and not friendly in the slightest. When I checked out, MGM also charged me an additional $120 on TOP of my booking.com fee. We didn't use the casino or the room snacks or anything; we just wanted a place to sleep for the night because Las Vegas was a stopover place for us on the way to somewhere else. So rather than pay about 160 or 170 for the one night, we ended up having to pay about $300 for this terrible one night experience.

The room was big and a nice suite. The location is good, right on the strip and it connects to the monorail. It's close to everything.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Best trip ever!
    • Grand King

I didn’t know about the deposit until I arrived which was an additional $300.00. Which should be included in the full price.

The room was superb and the view topped it off. The staff was amazing.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Great place to stay! Close to a ton of places that are walking distance!
    • West Wing King

I felt like the tub could use an upgrade and the beds. The bathroom was beautiful, but the tub wasn't enough to make me want to jump in there. Nonetheless, the beds weren't bad, but it wasn't the best.

I love the location of where MGM is at. The hotel is walking distance to many places such as the Bellagio fountain, Ross, Kisses company, and many others. I felt very safe at MGM.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

The room on the grand wing on 18th fl.
    • West Wing King

Bathroom has drainage problem and fan was not working. Smell of nlcotin was allover the place down the lobby.area.

The room on the grand wing on 18th fl. that was upgraded with 20 dollar extra payment was spacious and clean. There was no complimentary coffee and tea maker. House keeping might forgot.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

The bed was really comfy.
    • Grand King Strip View

No complimentary water or snacks. No tea or coffee facilities in the room. No clear parking signage when driving in to the hotel in case you wanted to valet park.

The bed was really comfy. Great location. Great accessibility of parking across the strip with the mgm card.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

The rooms you get through booking.com aren’t worth the price.
    • West Wing King

The rooms In the west wing have a long, long hallway that are narrower than the other parts of the hotel with carpet that seems dirty and dingy. We jokingly called the area we were in “the hood”. A tray from another guests room service layed in the hallway on the floor the entire time at our stay, 4 nights. The down button for the elevators in the west wing didn’t work so you would have to press the up button and go for an extended elevator ride to get to the main floor. Two large fans were set up in the hall for something (assuming a flood) in another room. The cords from the fans laid loosely across the hallway for guests to trip on.

Access to the Vegas strip was good.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Traveled to Las Vegas for NFR and Cowboy Christmas. MGM helped us move around to different venues.
    • Grand Queen

Could be updated a little. One of the older looking casinos on the strip.

Easy to access all other venues. Clean. Helpful staff. THE MAIDS WERE REALLY FRIENDLY!!!! Great restaurants. Fun!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

MGM is a decent place for the money they charge but it would be best if they drop the "Grand" part.
    • Grand King

The pool was closed, come staff members are not courteous, the charge 15$ for a stupid bottle of water, the room looked hastily cleaned and not welcoming when we reached. Overall the resort has a very dated and lack luster feel to it.

I liked that the host some of the best shows in las vegas and the availability of a number of budget eateries that are open round the clock.

Disappointed
    • Tower Spa Suite

The room smell the room was not clean staff was rude asked to change room could not do that , ask for high floor got first floor customer service poor even manger was rude poor service for what was expected

It was an okay stay
    • Grand King

Waiting 1 hour to hour and a half for hot water. Cold room with little to no heat. The maintenance man was condescending towards fixing the problems in the room.

Hotel was very close to the strip. Great front desk staff. Very quiet and friendly atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Big brand name hotel. But tiny value. You csn have it. Not for me.
    • Grand King

It was cold in our room upon arrival. Too cold to be romantic. The heater didnt work. That is aftsr I adjusted the thermostat to full blast, tbe room still didnt warm. I called maintenance but they could not vive me a time when they would arrive. So, we left tbe room for a few hours to let the repairs take place. When we were out, we foung all the redtaurants over priced including tbe buffet. The people in tbe hotel was a mix of prostitutes and others which did nkt make us feel comfortable. I didnt like hkw the staff of tve hotel, particularly tbe cooks and restaurant emplyees were more interested in conversing pleasantriez with one another instead of the gussts. Finally, later in tbe room, the cable TV service went completely out.

I like the fact that my wife and I stayed at tbe MGM when we were married in Vegas 10 years ago. In tbat sense, it was like a honymoon for hs, it was supposed to be like that. But, overall, we were disapointed and are not planning to return.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Location, good and shows.
    • Grand King

Lack of coffee or tea making facilities in the room. No free water to go with room. No robes. No soft soap just bars of soap.

Location, good and shows.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

Location was great and the hotel itself was good as expected...
    • Grand Queen

Staff could’ve been more attentive. I wouldn’t say they were bad but they were just alright and at times you may feel like a nuisance. I’ve had better service from staff at many 3 star hotels. The maids and bell staff were incredible though

Location was great and the hotel itself was good as expected of a 4 star property. It was nice to have the casino downstairs

• Reviewed: 7 January 2019

I’ve never been to Vegas. This was a dream vacation that I saved for. I was disappointed
    • Grand King Strip View

No hot water 90 % of the stay. One day we didn’t have water at all couldn’t even flush the toliet. We don’t have money to throw away so I wasn’t able to go to another hotel. It was frustrating and they could of atleast gave us something for the trouble to make it feel like they cared. Like money off the bill or a coupon for dinner or something. We asked but they seemed to busy and annoyed that we called to tell them we had NO WATER.

Beds were so comfortable! So many wonderful food choices

MGM - A Total Let Down!
    • Tower Spa Suite

When we checked in they failed to mention that there was system wide TV and WiFi outage! Seriously, how can a hotel like MGM have a complete TV outage? And no WiFi either?! Also a problem with the parking garage. First, I can’t believe that they charge $15 for parking on top of the $42 “resort fee” that they charge for Non-existent TV and WiFi, but then our room keys were incorrectly programmed so we were stuck in the garage and had to call the operator while cars were honking and stacked up behind us - total disaster!

Great location and lots of good stuff inside.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Murphy's law: whatever could go wrong did go wrong :(
    • West Wing King

My room (West tower 5. 533) 1) the phone was not working so no room service or possibility to contact front desk (& it was quite a walk to go to the lobby from my room), 2) had only 1 towel & I had to request more, 3) was not cleaned during my 2 day stay (i.e. only 1 set of shampoo for my stay), 4) the TV was working intermittently and not at all the second night (impossible to check out remotely), 5) the vending machine on the floor didn't work as I found out when it "ate" my 2,50$... **Really** disappointed since I was looking forward to my 1st stay at this landmark hotel. The lobby waived the resort fees but yet I expected a little more from all this experience :/.

Djs at the bars for NYE. Prime location.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Not value for money. Dont go!
    • Grand King Strip View

No coffee machine, Starbucks downstairs (long walk) charges premium for coffee. Strip view room is not exactly stripview. You can only see tops of other buildings so waste of money dont go for the view. Lazy river is closed and open only for few months. This is not said anywhere when booking. Sheets had hair in them!!!

Location is excellent!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

• Grand King Strip View

Hot water ran out st the beginning of a shower, electricity turned off for an hour at the beginning of husband’s shower. Upon complaining yo the staff, we were told, “do you know how many people are staying here?” Really? Should it matter? I should expect horrible service because they are busy?

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

Parking was very convenient.
    • West Wing King

The room window was too dirty. Our room was on the 8th floor of the main tower. However the view was not good at all. There was green light shooting from lower floors (6th maybe). All u can see at night was a whole window of glaring green.

Parking was very convenient. 15 dollars per day and you can park in several hotels belonging to MGM. The room was clean and soundproofed.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

Good if you want to be right on the strip.
    • Grand King Strip View

Tv didn’t work in the room. Called down and was informed that this is standard and there are no other rooms. Rooms dated, photos taken many years ago. Could hear the neighbours in Their room very easily. Long lines for absolutely everything and everything you could think do costa extra. EG using the fridge in your room. Overall just nothing special about this hotel at all, would spend my money elsewhere if I were to come to Vegas again.

Good if you want to be right on the strip. Had a good view for the NYE fireworks.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Overestimated
    • Grand Queen Strip View

Shower did not work well. The water kept coming from the lower tap. There is a minifridge in the room but you can not use it. I have multiple sclerosis and have to take an injection every week. Well, it has to be kept in the refrigerator and be transported in a small termic bag with icepacks. That is the main reason we ALWAYS book rooms with minifridge. But when we got to MGM we found out that you are not allowed to put anything in the fridge, witch is full with overpriced beverages (a sprite for $8, a bottle of water for $15). If you put anything in there, you get a $50 fine. So, if you want to use the fridge it can not be this one in your room, you have to ask for housekeeping and pay $25 a day. Seriously? I think that this had to be in the description of the room. I have to keep my medication near me. So we had to use the very small ice container in the room and go get icecubes twice a day. When I go back to vegas I will sure look for a hotel that is less superestimated, that offers complimentary breakfest and has an empty but ready for use minifridge.

The room is big and beds are confortable

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Great Hotel
    • Grand Queen

The power outlets were loose. There were only two outlets that worked to be plugged in. A few came out the outlet part itself. Should def get that fixed.

Location. Amenities. Large room. Great view. Clean.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Location is great for the Vegas strip.
    • Grand Queen

No kettle or tea making facilities in room. $30 charge just to have a kettle, but you still have to supply your own cups and teabags ... rubbish. 1 hour wait for room service as well. In the morning if you want a coffee , then be ready to stand in a queue downstairs with everyone else. Cigarette smoke and country music 24/7...

Location is great for the Vegas strip.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

This is our go to hotel in Vegas.
    • Stay Well Grand King

This is our go to hotel in Vegas. The room was clean and comfortable. This was the first time we stayed in one of the stay well rooms and the separate express check was a nice add on (especially after seeing the crazy lines at the normal check-in counter when we arrived!)

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

Location is great staff was friendly safe location
    • Grand Queen

Twice in a week no water and no notification While plumbing was being worked on Should have had a welcoming package with was available on the premises Instead received a map of the strip. We ended up finding the lowest level on our way out. Check in process was a messy long drawn process. Check out tv didn’t work so Tv didn’t work well kept getting messages stating channels not available.

Location was safe security present Reception staff was good housekeeping staff was fast and friendly Luggage area efficient and informative and friendly

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

it is good
    • Grand King

when I use the restroom, the staff open the door even I hang " Don't disturb." and lock the door inside.

the location is great. the price is great.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Very Aggressive and Rude staff. Bad experience at this hotel. Not recommended
    • West Wing King

Staff in reception on check-in day very rude. All other Staff in casino and bar was rude. Very dated and possibly worst hotel I’ve been in. Bad experience at this hotel. I will never stay at mgm grand again. Not recommended All other Staff in casino and bar was rude. Very dated and possibly worst hotel I’ve been in. I lot traveling, but never saw very aggressive and rude staff like here.

below average
    • Executive Suite with Two Queen Beds

The carpet was so dirty and stained. The temperature of water in the shower can not be adjusted. No coffee maker or tea in the room

location is good and cost is appropriate

• West Wing King

Check in was super slow during prime time. We arrived there 10pm on Christmas night, and spent 1.5 hours in the line for checking in - and that’s when there’s about 10 employees at reception. Hotel messed up my reservation at booking.com and said they couldn’t find my booking - of course they found it later and only to tell me that they were gonna “upgrade” my booked King size to a “grand” double queen. And the room is of course, to the opposite of my booking, on a lower level. Either they gave my booked king room to someone else or they just didn’t care about their customers. Will never stay a night at mgm again.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2018

Nice hotel, very big so lots of walking. Missed not having a simple place to sit down and relax
    • West Wing King

No lobby area that had seats and in fact no place on the hotel that had an area where you could sit without being in a casino, bar or restaurant. Also carpets in west wing need replacing as they seem old and out dated.

Service particularly at and around the lobby

Location, clean room
    • Grand King

No coffee machine, no utensils. The hotel wants to steal every penny from you possible (in a cheap way). Long line at Starbucks in the morning since all hotel guests needed coffee... ridiculous waking up and having to go down and wait 30 mins for a coffee. Could not leave towels on the floor (we got a message from the cleaning staff saying they would not refresh our towels if we left it on the floor). We got a yogurt bowl from outside and kept it in the refrigerator- we got a message from the cleaning staff saying the hotel would charge $50 USD if we did that again. Cheap way of making money from hotel guests...

Location, clean room

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

Decent chill spot

A little outdated

Right on the strip, affordable yet nice and good service. Buffet was pretty good, not to mention all you can drink mimosas. Nice little gym to get your workout on as well. Overall I’d give this place a 7/10.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

This hotel sucks but if you only care about price then I'd recommend the Motel 6 instead
    • West Wing King

The hotel process itself was far, far worse. I arrived and wasted over 2 hours TRYING TO CHECK IN because of their damn understaffed front desk. That was BS. Then they told me that I could not check in using their mobile receptionist because I'd paid for the room through a 3rd party. Well, idiots, had I not done that I wouldn't have even been there. Anyhow, the room that Booking.com selected or assigned me was way far away (and I am handicapped/cannot walk on my left leg) so the front desk put me in a room closer to the lobby. However the room they chose was like a maid's room (facing the garbage / truck dumps on the alley of the first floor), came with no curtains, and the noise when the service trucks were there was ridiculous. Frankly they really should never have charged me more than $30 for that crappy room. I have never stayed in a Motel 6 that was as bad as this place. The only window out of the room was blocked with a pull down plastic thing so that the garbage truck alley truck drivers would not see in the room and vice versa. What a dump that place was. And they made me pay a "resort" fee to "use their amenities" like the fitness center. Mind you I could barely walk (I was limping) and get to the God damn room. How the hell was I supposed to use a fitness center? I would have preferred a flipping window without garbage out the back.

I liked the fact that I only spent 2 minutes in total researching, choosing, and booking this hotel room. I was stuck in traffic on the Las Vegas strip and decided I was too tired to drive back home to LA so it would be better to spend the night. I didn't want to spend 300 hours seeing every possible hotel. I wanted to spend 2 minutes looking for exactly what I needed (hotel nearby, within my price range, with the amenities I minimally needed) and then book it.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2018

Hero of my day. U brighten my day.
    • Grand Queen

The staff who assist us during check in was so nice so kind and he is so great. I dont know how to thank him because of what he done to us. All i can say is he is a great person with a great heart. -iamthecustomerwholostthewalletandijustpaycash-

• Reviewed: 25 December 2018

Location, staff, casino
    • West Wing King

Bathroom was a bit uncomfortable with glass doors and no privacy, towels were stored in the toilet which is a weird place to put them in and took us a while to find. Otherwise all good

Location, staff, casino

• Reviewed: 24 December 2018

I’ve always enjoyed staying at the MGM.
    • West Wing King

Only complain I had was that the AC in our room wasn’t working correctly. We wanted it cooler & it just didn’t cool down enough. We were only there for the night so we didn’t call anyone but everything else was perfect for the night.

I’ve always enjoyed staying at the MGM. I’ve never been disappointed. & mostly all other casinos are walking distance (you’ll definitely get a good amount of steps in but fun step!).

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Lots of things were broken (elevator door, furniture in the...
    • Grand Queen

Lots of things were broken (elevator door, furniture in the bathroom...). Poor view, character of the hotel wasn't charming, in some parts it appears rundown.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

1. Location, location and location
    • Grand King

1. Hallway smells like cigarette 2. Shower temperature is hard to control...takes time to adjust to desired temperature 3. No coffee maker and microwave

1. Location, location and location 2. Monorail station on site 3. Almost in middle on the strip...so you can explore the north part on the first day and the south part on the second day 4. Friendly staff 5. Taxi and uber friendly 6. Checkout from your room..easy

• Reviewed: 21 December 2018

Easy check in and out
    • Executive Suite with Two Queen Beds

First room the floor was wet. We were moved relatively quickly but moved our bags ourselves. Second room was ok but found leftover food in the cupboard above the mini bar.

Easy check in and out Room was big and comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

A great 5 days spent in Las Vegas, MGM Grand was super. Loved the lion in the cowboy hat!
    • West Wing King

Breakfast prices could have been a little less pricy.. One of the elevators was out of service while we were there which made for a little bit of a wait time, but this only happened twice. Also would be nice to have a few benches in the main lobby while you are waiting for part of your group to show up.

Even though we opted to sleep in a couple of mornings we were still able to get room service. Getting to and from activities on the strip worked out great.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Staff from front desk to housekeeping very friendly and...
    • Grand Queen Strip View

I paid for a Strip view and although I could see the strip around the corner, it wasn't what I would call a strip view.

Staff from front desk to housekeeping very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2018

Great, loved it and will always stay at MGM
    • Grand King

Loud drunk neighbor screaming for hours and arguing with her friends.

Easy and fast check in, love it. The clean and comfortable bed mean everything to me. Casino is nice

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

First time visit
    • West Wing King

The bathroom tile looked like it was falling off and very dirty. The shower did not drain well. The shining lights from the building were extra bright and no curtains to block off the light

Spacious room. Very comfortable bedding

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Disappointed with my first stay at MGM.
    • Grand Queen

Room too dark not enough lights. There was no cold water to take shower only hot water so had to let hot water cooldown in the bathtub. When the technician finally came in the middle of the night, I was told this wing of the towers has this problem and offered to change a new room but it's too late at night so I did not change it. I mentioned this problem to the front desk the next day and she refunded only one night of the resort fee, which I am not too happy because I stay 3 nights and should not be charged the resort fee for the inconvenient of not able to take shower.

Friendly staff

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 15 December 2018

I love this hotel, is very clean and have pretty much...
    • Grand King

The room, the view, the casino the steakhouse restaurant, the night club and tiesto, I just love my trip and the facilities .

I love this hotel, is very clean and have pretty much everything what I deserved. Thank you guys will see you soon!!

Stayed in November 2018

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse MGM Grand traveller photo gallery