Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport 3 stars

#51 of 152 hotels in Miami

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Good Airport Hotel but the Parking is
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We were offered a parking courtesy for having dinner at the restaurant but at the end we were charged for the parking in our bill making us fell deceived. We were using a rental so we could have just dropped it off if we were told about the charge

We booked this place to spend the 6 hours we had until our flight. The room was spacious and the complex seemed really nice.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Overall stay was good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Over priced bottled water @ $5 each. A complementary bottle would have been nice . Buffet breakfast was also a bit pricey @ $16, plus an extra charge for juice per person

The facility was clean and inviting, pricing of stay not to bad, and convenience to the airport good.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Downgraded this facility because of their parking situation.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Downgraded this facility because of their parking situation. Was told that parking system was down and that my room card wouldn't work to get in/out of parking lot- had to use credit card- would have been better to have parking charged to room bill. Additionally, parking lot was a third to half empty, so I question why parking was an additional charge for hotel guests.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Not good

What I wrote on what I like which I don’t

Was charged extra money for parking. Had issue getting out of parking lot because card was not working. Guard at gate wanted to charge me $23 for parking. Made it late to an event because of that. Very disappointing to not be able to get out of a hotel and get where you need to get

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Comfortable room/bed.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

PAYING $23 per night FOR PARKING!!! ROOM KEY DID NOT WORK AT GATE. BIG INCONVENIENCE!! There was no advance notice re paying for parking NO complimentary breakfast. Breakfast was $16. 😏 I called front desk twice on Saturday morning with no answer. At time of check out the check out guy waited till I was exiting at door before he said bye have a good day.

Clean and comfortable room Bed was comfortable New or fairly new furniture Location

Need improvement

The hotel guest information regarding the stay like free breakfast need to be verified all the time because my room rate includes free breakfast but the Restaurant staff says is not included until I show my reservation at booking com.

Room clealiness.

Ovreally excellent. Would definitely go back.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Would have liked to have seen the shuttle service to the Dolphin Mall advertised at the hotel. Only found out this existed when we asked how to get to the mall. We were initially told to get an uber but would have caught the shuttle if we were made aware of it sooner.

Awful
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

False advertisement. I literally got robbed by you guys.

Completely false advertised. Biggest waste of money Ive ever been a part of. Might as well stayed at a motel 6.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I was not aware of the $50 incidental fee per night...that's a bit ridiculous...especially for 5 whole nights. We missed the mall shuttle every time because we were given an outdated schedule...more unexpected expense.

The beds were comfy and the rooms were clean. This is my fourth stay so obviously I likr the hotel.

It was like a pig in a poke, what was offered by Booking.com and that what was assigned by Courtyard
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room, assigned to accommodate three guests, were not what was offered by Booking.com during my search. Booking.com offered two rooms that suppose to accommodate each four guests, although we were the three of us. The room assigned to the couple with their grandson, was a room with a queensize bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was not done. The view right out of the window, was a flat roof with the AC exterior unit and duct, a big exhaust fan, just a few feet away, and the adjacent building going up. In the hallway there was no light/no fixture, the bathroom has no mechanical ventilation. The room has not been cleaned for one full day, and when inquired at the front desk about this, we were not told the truth and were sent away with a lie, that "house keeping will still come and clean the room and provide clean towels etc. soon. This was around 9 in the evening. After a long waiting and a repeated inquiry, we were told that there is no house keeping for the day, till the next day. This is disappointed, especially when the expectation is not met, to spend the last two days of the family trip in an accommodation belonging to the Marriott hotel chain. Shamefull this treatment, especially being a Marriott rewards member for over 20 years.

At arrival we were well attended by the front office supervisor of Courtyard Marriott. I have been a member of the Marriott rewards for over 20 years, and being the fact that we are frequent travelers most of the time we try to use the accommodations of the Marriott hotel chain. This, for the comfort, cleanliness and security of the hotel.

Value for your your money. The staff is amazing.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Very nice Hotel. The staff was more than Helpful, Reception helped us with everything and gave us good information. Location was also very good for reaching the airport and our cruise.

Would recommend for a stay at Miami Airport
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing, it was great value for airport.

The location for Miami Airport is fantastic, takes about 8 minutes from airport, and the shuttle comes round every 15 mins. I waited about 10 mins. Staff incredibly helpful; excellent value for a night at the airport. It is based at the same place as the other 4 Mariott hotels, so you can go to dinner at one of the more expensive places if you want to. They also have a shuttle to the Dolphin Mall, which I didn't know about. If I had I would have booked a later flight!

• Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The food from room service came in a plastic box and bag which was new to us and not very sophisticated.

It is close to the airport. Shuttlebus is running often. Good value for money. Breakfast was delicious. Front desk staff was very helpful.

everything was good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The parking fees. When I made the reservation I didn't see the parking rates. $23 per nite its a lot. But by that time I cannot cancel my reservation so we had to stay there. and pay the fee. :(

everything was good. when I made the reservation I choose king bed with sofa. when I got in the room they were 2 doubles I went back to front desk and they were out these room but offer me a king side bed but was for wheelchair accessible but we accept the handicap option because our little girl she will sleep with us. at leas was a big room with the king bed. only bad was the parking rates.

Hannah, the waitress is very good and the reason I sometimes...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I booked this hotel because it was close to the airport and advertised a free shuttle service. After booking I tried, on 5 separate occasions to contact the hotel to ask them for more info on where, when and how to catch this shuttle and I never once had a reply! As a consequence on arrival I asked the reception to arrange for a manager to contact me - he didn't? I also asked for a late check out and once again he didn't do this either? Small things I know but they can irritate - if I was a nervous traveller then I would have had a breakdown trying to find the shuttle. I eventually ended up arranging my own meeting with a member of the management team and she was very understanding and helpful, promising the world next time around which was nice. In sum, it was a good hotel let down by their info chain and a flippant desk operator.

Hannah, the waitress is very good and the reason I sometimes don't mind paying a 20% gratuity when in the US.

This was a stop before and after a cruise and all
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The prices in the restaurant for a drink were very high, so there fore when we returned after our holiday we gathered and had a drink in our room. It was over $30.00 for 3 ounces of vodka.

Every thing to do with our rooms were great.

Nice place to land after very frustrating day at airport.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Cab driver was confused at the gate and no one there to help her, so she dropped us off at Marriott instead of Courtside which was much more of a walk for us. Someone should be there to guide the taxis.

Theresa, the check in staff was so sweet to us when we missed our flight and lost some expensive rum through security. We did not have our luggage and she put together a little care package with toothbrush toothpaste, razor, shaving cream, etc. plus two free drinks at the bar! Made our awful flight experience a little more tolerable!

Bed linen wasnt cleaned just thrown back on.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Bed linen wasnt cleaned just thrown back on. Glass cups never cleaned and not to mention unauthorized hold on my bank acct that i have to wait 30 days to get.

Apparently they don’t do what they say their going to do
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I called and canceled 1 night changed me for it said they would take care of it that day and 10 days later is still not showing a refund

Restaurant was ok

comfortable, clean room, easy access and met our needs for Handicap bathroom.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

really...it was a good stay.

staff in restaurant were short and made it harder for those working. They were friendly and did advise short help and why it took longer for order to come to table.

The hotel is located on A Marriott campus with several other...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Our room had a smell of something stale or damp. We never figured out what it because we didn't spend too much time in our room.

The hotel is located on A Marriott campus with several other Marriotts that you have access to their amenities.

Resting Good at Courtyard in the Marriott Hotel Compound MIA

Full length minor needs to be relocated from inside bathroom where it gets steamy and useless to inside room vestibule area.

Best window darkening curtains ever! Great staff, helpful, and accommodating from reservation to check out.

6.0
    Too many people in the lobby (group visit).
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Too many people in the lobby (group visit). Ordinary food in the restaurant . TV not positioned in front of the bed. Elevators that took more than 15 minutes to get to your floor. For a hotel that charges US$200 per night, there was really little or no additional value to this space. Not impressed with these negative features.

great stay. I will be back in the future with my children.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

do not have a bad thing to say. it was a great stay..

i enjoyed the fact that, everything was right in the lobby. I was just away from NY, for my birthday and just wanted to unwind and relax, i really enjoyed the drinks and food. Everyone was so friendly and very professional.

Will not come back.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

We arrived late at night, and we could not order food because there was no room service. First time i experience this in hotel costing 200 dollars per night. Unacceptable

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with the exception of the cold room for the first 2 days
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was excellent however the thermostat in the room was faulty and my Elderly mother (85 yrs) and my grand daughter (3 yrs) caught a cold..... I asked for it to be checked but it was not. I had to physically go down to the front desk and ask for them to send someone right away before it was checked. The Tech said that the thermostat was faulty and he had to adjust the temperature. My mother is now home but she is fighting the flu due to the first 2 days at the hotel. The room did not have any blankets ...I asked for blankets but they sent a spread not a blanket.

The facilities were accessible, accommodation was comfortable, staff were hospitable
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The Internet access was intermitted, especially with my handheld device.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere and the food was good. The room was appropriate for a working business trip.

In General a good hotel and i will continue to use all over the world.

See above.

Breakfast was regular, therefore too expensive. The bed mattress was like a waterbed .... it hurts your back .... and was good that we were mostly out of the room and short hours for sleeping ... but the top on the matress was good.

The room was comfortable,but the bathroom was not what i am use to.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The bathroom,it was design for the handicap.I was on a one day shopping trip and at the end of it i just needed a bathroom design with a proper shower area.

Location is good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We arrived 4am in the morning, from an international flight, and planned to have some sleep before meetings at 830am.. so we let the hotel know (via Booking and by calling days before) that we will arrive late night, so they keep our rooms from the night before (we did reserve an extra night to be sure we had the rooms available at 4am, basically)... They dindt have the rooms, they told us that were sold to someone else, because there was an oportunity to maximize income and occupancy, literally (amazing answer to a client with no sleep and no room), so they offered us to rest in the sofas..... and trayed to charge us for the night, as non show..... First time I have to deal with something like this... we wrote a letter to General Manager, and we havent received any comments from the Manager level... so its sympthomatic. At the end, the security manager had to take control, and gave us rooms... two Hours later... without charging the extra night... 4 days later, at the moment of checkout we had same discussion again, because they charged again the night that we didnt have... so all started again, at this time with a much professional lady that solved the situation...the General Manager is still hiding somewhere... Dont expect much from them...

Location is good... especially if you happen to arrive from Miami Airport, and plan to stay in that area. Also is well connected to all major highways around, so its convenient if you plan to move arround Miami.

I had a pleasant time.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The price / quality ratio of the food (breakfast, dinner) is not good. Quality is ok, prices are overrated.

The room and especially the bed was extremely comfortable, best ever experienced in an hotel. Friendly staff. Efficient shuttle to and from airport, including service for wheelchair guests.

The amenities were available for long hours including the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I was traveling with a pet and had to leave them with other family because they're not allowed. The window in the room was half the size of all the other windows from the other rooms and it was so high up in the wall it felt like there was no window at all. The furniture wasn't in the best condition. The shower wasn't draining the water during our visit. And for the prices of this hotel there was no continental breakfast which I didn't know about until I asked. The parking is not free and I was charged per day. There should be a deal or discount at the least if there's no free parking for staying at the hotel.

The amenities were available for long hours including the pool and gym.

Better options close by.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Overpriced mini market. No free breakfast. Charging for parking (not many hotels in the area do that). Only one elevator working and the maids monopolized it. Elevator was dirty, slow, hot and smelled of urine. The elevator really stood out in what appears to be an otherwise decent facility. The other thing that was infuriating was the keycard keep failing. I walked back to the front desk 5 times to get my door card reprogrammed.

Rooms clean, quiet but didn't like the bathroom door auto closing constantly.

The bed was very comfy.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The process to get the room when booked a week in advance took about 2 hours to get situated

The bed was very comfy. The fact i was able to watch netflix on their t.v.

We really enjoyed our stay and felt like a part of the family!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like that I had to disturb the parking person every time I exited the parking lot. However, that wasn't major because the parking lot attendant was very nice-each time.

The staff displayed much concern for my well being/stay and was very helpful with basic knowledge of the area.

On arrival at the premises at 2'o clock in the morning,...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

On arrival at the premises at 2'o clock in the morning, the hotel was fully booked and was referred to the neighbors, which was very pleasant and nice.

Clean, smelled good, nice location, nice out door sitting by...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Parking was horrible, we were told the keys were not working because they are reset each day but it was a inconvenience when the key did not work for room door or to leave the parking area.

Clean, smelled good, nice location, nice out door sitting by pool area

Everything's a rip off these days
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The confusion of how I booked my room and the $20 a day for parking that I thought I was avoiding by canceling one room only to end up here paying for something that should be free $20 really that's outrageous and ridiculous that was another to two nights stay

The cleanliness and decor

I would stay here again but......
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast buffet is $15 per day. They didn't offer turkey bacon or sausage although I put that in my initial request.

The cheese sticks and the fruit was fresh.

That the UBERS get confused and don't locate the...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

That the UBERS get confused and don't locate the property since the gps give the address that has no entrance. The UBERS must be notified properly. Thanks

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

My room was not cleaned one of the days.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

My room was not cleaned one of the days. Not enough towels, always had to request additional supply. The room had a must've/mildew smell when air conditioner not running. No information provided about additional deposit for incidentals or for parking.

Great hotel! Great Location! Cooperative, friendly staff.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The first room I had was dripping water from a ceiling vent. I called the front desk and was immediately given another room. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

I liked the room. The king size bed was comfortable with fluffy pillows.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Free shuttle from airport, efficient.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I´m a Marriot Elite member and they told me my reservation wasn´t elegible for points, since it was done tru Booking.com Also they messed up the charges in my credit card

Free shuttle from airport, efficient. Good gym, and convinient starbucks in the lobby

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

it was okay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

the heat did not work properly I was supposed to get a kingroom with a sofabed in stead I got a handicapp room with no sofabed very disappointed also overpriced

the bed was good room was big

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Best Airport hotel in Miami
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We arrived early having disembarked from a cruise ship and with heavy luggage including a folding wheelchair, The staff could not have been more helpful, above and beyond. We especially commend Samantha Gray in Reception. t

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

led zeppelin #1
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

After leaving I called and requested a receipt be emailed to me-was assured this would be done right away-it was not next day I called again -same request-this time the girl on the phone (different person)sent it immediately-I received it within a minute In other words-1 incompetent employee-1 competent employee-hopefully they're not earning the same money because their skill level+attention to detail are vastly different

hotel + staff were fine

Loved it all.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Short but nice stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

there was a cockaroach in the pool :(

beds were comfortable. staff was courteous. hotel was very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I lost my daughters Ipad and the staff went out of their way...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I lost my daughters Ipad and the staff went out of their way to help me find it.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Bed time as comfortable
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

No continental breakfast and no complimentary shuttle to port. Third person had to sleep on a small sofa.

Bed time as comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Comfy, clean and easy
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Super comfy bed. Nice property close to the airport. Frequent shuttles, yummy margaritas.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Was lucky to get a early check in
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Not a lot around the hotel but close enough to the airport

Was lucky to get a early check in

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Great comfort and value
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Clean room, good fitness center and great location in proximity to the airport

Has a great time

Staff was very friendly.

price.

price. bar. pool. schuttle

Everything!

Everything!

Best way to spend my Vacation in Miami

noting bad to say!

awesome place, love the hotel!

Placent
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The fact of the parking fee $23 is a lot just for one night shut be free for all the guest

The view and how clean the room was

It was clean
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The fromt gate was horrible i paid more than 3 times bc the card wasn’t working good but the rest of the staid was awesome ...

It was clean

Nothing at all

Spacious room

Miami Airport's Best Stay

Late housekeeping.

The Gym and the Chsmpion Restaurant.

Good value.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was not very good.

Comfortable beds. Nice pool area tho in need of a bit of updating.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

We came in late and night and the frontdesk they got us...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We came in late and night and the frontdesk they got us checked in right away.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

location an pool
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Breakfast should have been free or a little less costly especially for children

location an pool

perfect
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

easy to go by car, nice bar, good beer and food for dinner, friendly staff and very clean

Adequate...nothing more
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Employee that checked us in was not pleasant at all. Parking was $23 per day for self parking

Location to the airport

The hotel was beautiful

The hotel was beautiful

It was a pleasant time
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Everything was great from booking to stay and staff cleaning I'll recommended to friends and family.

Good Hotel

Good Hotel

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Very clean room and friendly staff

I had a very nice time at the hotel
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Having a safe in rooms would be great