Reviews of Microtel Inn Suite by Wyndham BWI Airport 3 stars

1170 Winterson Rd, Linthicum, MD 21090, USA

#20 of 20 hotels in Linthicum

Breakfast opens at 4:30am YES!

This is a BIG plus for me since my sunday flights usually depart around 7am. Most other hotels in the BWI area open breakfast at 6am so you end up paying for a service you don't use. Good variety of breakfast items. Bedrooms and premises are clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay here again!

Comfy for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like that that front desk person reinerated that the facility was non smoking because my husband "smelled" like smoke. That was VERY unprofessional. We clearly knew that the facility was non smoking, it was online! The room was SMALL. There was only 1 ice machine, and it was on the 3rd floor. Breakfast was nothing to brag on, but provided.(only waffles for hot food) Housekeeping did not show up to clean the room as requested, and we stayed 3 nights, wind up dumping trash, making the bed, and getting clean towels for myself.Other than these small, but important gripes, the price was reasonable and the room comfortable. The AC really kicks!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I will be staying there in the future, often.

The airport shuttle vehicle needs a better air condition.

The hotel was sold out for the weekend, says it all. However, that didn't change the great service. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. I loved the window seat in the room. The desk staff was helpful in person and by phone. The breakfast was fresh and well stocked. The shuttle to the airport was the highlight for us because that was the reason for our trip. The shuttle drivers were excellent with customer service and great with time management (pick up and drop out).

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I was ok with the hotel in general.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room reeked of urine! It was gross! There was no food that I could see within any distance let alone walking distance. The price (even on booking.com) was a little much for the size of the room. I don’t think I’d stay at this particular one again.

I was ok with the hotel in general. The Staff was nice.

- The Room Was Clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was Expecting More For Breakfast Then Pastries , Bagles , Waffles . Was Wanting Eggs , Bacon &&’ Sausage . The Room Was EXTREMELY Small Was Expecting A Bigger Room .

- The Room Was Clean

I liked the location

It was very hot, the air conditioning worked when it wanted to. I saw a couple spiders and there was some staining on my blankets.

I liked the location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Hotel located very close to BWI airport.

Very poor breakfast - just basics and you have to wait long for refilling. Rooms could be cleaner -we found big cockroach in the bathroom in the morning!

Hotel located very close to BWI airport. Great value for money. Room not so big but bed was comfortable. Basic amenities present. Free parking and working wifi.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Value and proximity
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a place to hang my head for a couple of hours before an early morning flight. Minutes from BWI.Shuttle service was excellent. Staff was friendly. Room was clean with no issues. This is where I will return. Can’t beat the price or location.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Comfortable services and good breakfast.

Payment for 2 rooms was charged by 3 rooms incorrectly through my credit card. The counter said the fee for 2 rooms will be charged and ajusted in my bank account later. Just now I can not confirm. Thank you for friendly service. Best regards, Kumsoo Park

Comfortable services and good breakfast.

I enjoyed my stay especially the window seat.

Unfortunately, there was not a lot of light in my room and the foyer and elevator was hot.

I enjoyed my stay especially the window seat. I sat there to read in the evening. Very comfortable bed. The staff was exceptionally pleasant.

Decent place to stay if you're just passing through on your way to or from the airport. Good price

The lighting throughout the hotel including the room was bright white office type lighting. Not very comforting or soothing. Even had to put our suitcase in front of the door to block out the harsh white light from the hallway when we went to bed

The staff was very friendly. There was a free airport shuttle

I lke the area and the price of the hotel, please keep the regular prices for the weekends, you way.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The microwave could be updated.

I like that it has reasonable prices, and that they take care of the guest with no problems, and they are very friendly.

How the help was very helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The children over my head was up all night put I could understand because they were children & that the light had water coming from it about 3am when I was awaken however call the front desk and was moved with no problem. Thank Your

How the help was very helpful and friendly.

It was not good.

See above.

We had to switch rooms because the pull out couch in our room was broken. It had a huge metal bar sticking out that could have cut one of my kids. I had to ask for sheets for the pull out sofa in the second room & a spot or the bed had this weird smell. My boys wanted a drink they went to the vending machine pressed coke & got tea, the house keeper told them Sorry you get what you get. Tea wasn't even an option.

The room was great.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The only thing we didn't like was the shower was slippery. I had my mom with me and the tub was slippery and there was no handrail or anything to hold onto.

The room was great. The bed was comfortable, I slept very soundly and the staff was very friendly.

Hotel smelled of bug spray.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel smelled of bug spray. Extremely bad on my allergies. Staff was informed but offered no resolution or follow up after she sId she would check with maintenance.

Not worth the money

The room was in terrible condition. There was a bees nest in the window and the screen was damaged. I was unable to open the window. Housekeeping only cleaned the room 1 out of two days. When I complained to the front desk they said they'll take a note of the housekeeping and did you get any honey from the bees???

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My pillows were all different from soft to hard could hear people in next room talking an watching TV all night never got breakfast it should end at 11 to give everyone time to get something to eat

It was nice

How we love to treat our patrons!!!

Discovered I was placed in a unfinished room. No desk phone no electric outlets by the head of the bed. No microwave (cabinet appeared to be built to shelve microwave over top the refrigerator that had no adjustable knobs).... And to sum up the very short stay I got locked into the bathroom (door was not levelled and stuck)... Shower didn't drain efficiently, so you found yourself standing in 6" of water while showering. Unlike me I didn't complain to front desk..too damn exhausted.. Glad I checked out earlier than I first anticipated. Why was I even assigned to that room in the first place?

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn’t good,bed & sheets were not comfortable,comforter was very thin

bathroom & facilities were very clean & location was great close to my work☺️

Breakfast and the shuttle

Staff when called said I had a refrigerator in my room and I brought back food and did not have a refrigerator. Wasted food! Room stunk and was hot.

Breakfast and the shuttle

Had to change rooms twice first room we discovered a roach crawling in the bathroom so we was moved. So we get to the second room we drop our bags go grab something to eat come back discovered the a/c not working!!! So we had to move again really wanted to leave but there was no vacancies at any hotel near the basketball tournament we was attending!!! DONT STAY

Not a good hotel for us
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was smaller than they claimed we were getting. Hair found in shower and bed. Picture showed microwave in room. We didn’t have one. Fridge didn’t keep product cold. Breakfast consisted of mainly bagels, toast and waffles. Flavorless at that.

Lovation

It was ok

Microwave big & in a weird location had to move it around to plug in & use. Heard other guest heavy walking thin floors & loud music.

Location to the airport & restaurants

I called less than an hour after checking out because I...

I called less than an hour after checking out because I accidentally left the remote control to my Amazon fire stick setting on the bed, an hour after I called they called back to say they did not find it, I asked for the manager stating that I knew for a fact it was there that it had to have been thrown away, I was hung up on.

It was ok - Not enough attention to details (No Coffee) Will shop around Nx time I'm in area.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The 7 dollar extra charge a day to pay for leaving my car a few days while caught a plane. I checked in at 9 pm and out at 8 am .

What Eggs? The one front desk guy said the coffee will be ready at 7 .I was up at 5:45am. At 7 the new head front desk girl said they ran out. I did like that it was close to the airport and a shuttle was provided.

Overall a great experience.

We were on the ground floor and it was a bit noisy up until about 2 am but otherwise, excellent experience.

Great value - comfortable and clean. The provide a lot for the price-point

Shuttle driver was excellent very friendly and courteous

At checkout the lady said she could not do cash because of computer issue took ten mins just to checkout......... Inconvenient since I had to catch a flight

Shuttle driver was excellent very friendly and courteous

The guests were extremely loud but you can’t help that.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The guests were extremely loud but you can’t help that. The walls are thin and you can hear everything. I had to get up and 4am for a flight and didn’t get any rest. The continental breakfast was very continental. It consisted of waffles, cereal, and mini muffins. Overall you get what you pay for. It wasn’t bad for the price. I’d probably spend a few more dollars next time for a quieter stay.

We stay here every year we take our vacation. Need I say more!

The TV sound was tinning.

The staff were excellent. We asked if they could recommend a place for us to eat Dinner and was given the directions to the restaurant. The staff were very friendly. I loved the waffles, for breakfast. The room was clean and supplied.

The location was perfect for the returning of our rental car...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were thin and you could hear every move the other guests made!

The location was perfect for the returning of our rental car in time for our flight. The room was clean and perfect for a nights stay.

Good place for a quick stay and close to airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No lighting on bedstands to read --the above bed wall-lighting was not efficient. Bed hard / too thin pillows.

Friendly employees, room cleanliness and close to airport.

Overall, I enjoyed several days of much needed comfort and rest and I got it here.

Towels were very harsh. Housekeeping staff vacuumed hallway at 9pm, it was very distracting and disturbed my sleep.

The bed was very comfortable and pillows super fluffu!

first rate. I would definitely pick them again and because of this stay, I'll look at Microtel first
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Located in a office Park area not close to public transport and the only shops were restaurants. Not even a convenience store. Staff however was quite willing to take us to the light rail stop or the airport but that took time which is precious while traveling. Compared to the overall positive experience this is a nit pick.

Great room, excellent value and very good free breakfast. Staff friendly and accommodating, from Terrance the shuttle driver to the front desk. A+. What's not to like?

We’re going to stay again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Better than expectations. When the tv didn’t operate, we were moved to another room within minutes. At breakfast, we asked for fresh eggs which were delivered immediately. Shuttle service was excellent!

So convenient to everything...great price..clean and private

No complaints here

I love the pleasantness of the staff and how cleanliness. The queen bed was more a full size but it was exceptional. Thank you..be back in a few.

pros outweighed the cons
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The trash can was right beside the front door and because people put their ciggerates out there it could have been much cleaner. Also move it further away from the door. Am handicap and use a cane. No one helped me lift the heavy suitcase from the car.

Breakfast was served early

Excellent value and friendly atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were 15 minutes early, standing outside at the shuttle and the driver made us wait for 10 minutes before he would let us board the vehicle.

Asian young ladies at the front desk were excellent. I was too tired to go out for dinner, so they offered me some of their food. Very welcoming atmosphere. I would definitely stay there again.

Great stay in Baltimore

Just a minor thing, the AC is a little loud.

The staff is very friendly especially the two women in the front desk. They are very patient with us for answering my questions for my several calls before arrival. They helped us find the right place to wait for their shuttle in Baltimore airport, which really means a lot to us. Their smile is great and I totally recommend this place.

Felt like was in the middle of a remodeling. Didnt seem “finished”.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No lamps...anywhere! None by the bed (but did have bedside tables which makes no since) cool with absolutely no art work. Sofa is great in suite but a couple of chairs would make it much more comfortable. Microwave was very old and looked it.

Bathroom appeared remodeled especially since thrre was a huge hole in the ceiling where drywall had been put up nor finished with big open holes around it.

It was a comfortable stay.

Breakfst was served way too early should at least extend until 10 am. There is only one ice machine on the third floor my room was on the second so i had to take the elevator or stairs to get ice.

Room and bed was comfortable. The room was clean. Staff was very polite.

Nice would stay here whenever needed.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Rate a little high for time of year; near airport a lot of empty rooms. Run specials midweek?

Room was very clean, bed was as nice as my $6000 bed at home.

A nice and cozy hotel with big rooms, free breakfast and a...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing in particular that made my stay feel uncomfortable or unpleasant.

A nice and cozy hotel with big rooms, free breakfast and a 6-8 min ride on a shuttle from the airport. I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it to everyone. Friendly and respectful staff!

Unhappy with the blood spots on my bed sheets.

The top sheet, on the side of the bed that I did not sleep on at all, had blood on it. I saw it the next morning. It was not my blood. I told the front desk and I took a photo. They said they were sorry. That's just not good enough. It was a nice room except for that.

It was nice to stay where the staff was so friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door wouldn't close, interrupted by the housekeeper and the chair almost hurt my back.

The bed was comfortable and very friendly staff. It was a little difficult to find at first but found it okay.

Not what we expected.

The room was dirty and something was wrong with the water valve in shower. It was scalding hot and had no way to mix the cold water. My kids got burned by the water. The public bathroom near the lobby was dirty and the hot water in the sink was scalding hot as well.

The shuttle drivers were really nice and friendly.

The room was great. The added amenities that were supposed to be there were unsatisfactory.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

So...free breakfast. The room was very small and not many choices. The juice machine was only putting out one juice. The rest of the juices were water with a bit of color. The coffee machine was out of order. Seriously, if you have free breakfast...if nothing else you need coffee. On my floor there was a sign that said ice/vending. There was only vending machines....no ice to be found. I am a huge ice person so this was seriously disappointing.

The room was the perfect temperature. The bed was comfortable and the cable channels were the best.

The comforter had burn holes and dried on blood.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The comforter had burn holes and dried on blood. I was extremely disappointed not to mention, the room smelled of smoke. Went to exchange rooms, and the CSR accidentally gave me a room that was occupied.... They were definitely surprised when we had a key to their room, that was paid for!!!! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

I requested a microwave it was none.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I requested a microwave it was none. tv wasn't on the wall. The dresser was so low I could not see the television.and the keys didn't fit the door.

Wonderful price, bright clean room, friendly staff-will stay again!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needed safety bar in bathtub From my spot in the tub, a piece of unfinished wood was visible above the toilet tank, probably holding the counter in that area

The hotel was under renovation, but the rooms were basic and clean. I was reminded of airport hotels in Europe, basic and a safe place to sleep. The hotel shuttle is very handy, not only picking up and dropping off at BWI, but also to local restaurants for guests without a car. The staff was very helpful and friendly despite the constant cleaning of the dust from the renovation. A good deal for a small price and I will stay there again, absolutely! Oh, and the window seat in my room? I loved that!

Just an all together great experience and value.

Some of the rooms were under going renovation so there was no access to the rear door entrance from the parking lot. Meaning you had to walk all the way round to the front entrance. But still no biggie.

Rooms were very nice sized. Clean and well appointed. the Staff was excellent. Just a great experience and value.

Look nice it was clean and neat the staff was kind and...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was nothing i didnt like everything was good

Look nice it was clean and neat the staff was kind and friendly and I like that you have room service

will not stay at a microtel again
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

under construction, If I had known, I would have stayed elsewhere. TV would not work correctly. bed was uncomfortable, room was barren of pictures, lighting was poor.

Not a good stay for the amount I paid. I would expect that from a $60 motel 6 but not a Wyndham.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a smell like chinese food in the room. There was minimal lighting. The bath faucet was broken. There were only 10 channels available. The ironing board and iron were left out.

The bed was very soft.

Would stay again ! Very nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Outdated “business center” it’s a padium and no chair. Have to email documents to front desk to print.

Very nice hotel. Beautiful hotel and hotel room very clean and friendly staff. We left before breakfast so did not get to taste. Very close to airport.

Should be great when renovations are complete.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The property is undergoing renovations so maintenance is being deferred and things are a bit 'unsettled'. Just keep that in mind when making your reservation.

I was very disappointed and will not be back to that location.

The facilities were not taken care of. Stains on carpets. Curtains old and falling in room. No cusion on the bench. The ironing board was just leaning up against the wall in the room and had nowhere to be securely placed. The chair was horrible and my husband almost fell out of it and I had to catch our baby because it reclined back so far.

Price and location

great location near Baltimore and 30 minutes to Annapolis.

breakfast more like a snack and no dresser or closet to hang up clothes

great location near Baltimore and 30 minutes to Annapolis. price ok but breakfast almost non existent , but Cracker Barrel close. Other fast food options nearby.

The place needs a LOT of supervision.

The first room was very dirty and we requested another room which was clean. As stated earlier, the breakfast was horrible. Plus, the shuttle driver was texting while she was behind the wheel.

Would not know if the eggs were fluffy or not as there were no eggs. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, bagel/toast, fruit loops/cheerios and coffee. Very disappointing. Would never stay there again.

Hotel was under renovation do hopefully the room will be better when it’s done.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pull out sofa bed was Extremely thin & you could feel all of the bars. I had to ask for bedding & was given 1 pillow, 3 pillow cases,3 sheets & a mattress pad. The pad I folded in thirds to lay on.

The bathroom water pressure and drainage were great.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There was no accommodation for clothing, no place to hang them, no nightstands or lamps near the bed. No ice buckets, was given a trash bag for ice. The staff were half sleep, had their friends hanging out with them.

Didn't get a chance to eat the breakfast.

I've stayed in far better hotels.I've stayed here before about 15 years ago.It's really gone downhil
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1) The chair in the room was broken. 2)The lock on the door was broken/bent and could not be deadbolted. 3) The tub/shower dripped noisily all night. 4) There was no Orange Juice or Apple Juice in the machine for breakfast 5) There wasn't enough parking for the number of rooms there. The manager replaced the chair. I was there for a class reunion and returned to the room about 12:30 AM and there was no way to deadbolt the door. I had to leave a chair behind the door, There wasn't any available parking anywhere for me or for someone else. I had to park near a dumpster where there was a solid yellow curb. The front desk clerk was made aware there was no juice in the dispenser but did nothing to correct the situation.

The waffle was good

We want a refund.

See above

We were not picked up from airport as planned. Deadbolt on door broken. Broken furniture in room,exposed outlet wires. Dirty bedding and leaking pipes in bathroom.Breakfast? Broken coffeemaker, spoiled boiled eggs, broken waffle maker. Coffee maching out of order. Soda machine out of order. Broken air conditioner. We are very loyal Booking.com clients. We want our money back on this one!

Helpful staff. Clean rooms.

Rooms were bare and felt uninviting. This may be part of the renovation process.

Rooms were bare but clean. Hotel is making renovations. The lobby looked nice. Staff was helpful. The hotel shuttle also took us to the train station to catch Amtrak to D.C.

comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

odor in room Electrical fixtures not working properly water control for shower did not adjust temperature properly

Staff relocated us to a different room upon request.

Do. Not. Stay. Here.

It was dirty, smelled, our room window was open with no screen, hall windows open with no screen. Bugs were coming in. Hard, lumpy beds, horrid pillows, sandpaper towels. The light switches in the bathroom had goop on them, and we had to wipe them off. Our door lock broke, causing a frenzy with less-than-knowledgeable front desk employees. The breakfast was gross. Do not stay here. The only saving grace, and I say that tongue-in-cheek, is that they took half off our room rate for the broken lock fiasco. I felt grimy and dirty staying here and cried because it smelled.

We didn't like anything. Truly...nothing.

Brief and not very good
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The night front desk staff lacked professionalism. It was a discredit to the ability to promote hospitality. The day shift front desk by contrast was more receptive to the guest and the represented the facility much better.

The airport shuttle ladies were great. They were welcoming and ran the shuttle on time. The price of the facility was affordable and location to airport was convenient.

3.5
    Awful
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Of course the price was accommodating, but we would have rather been comfortable & spent a few more, we trusted booking.com & this is what we got.

This was the most uncomfortable motel we have ever stayed in. The front desk night person has attitude & awful phone abilities. Beds were lumpy, hard & the sheets felt like the roughest of sand paper. To top it off the toilet run after flushing & this is the one that pushed us over the edge....THE Phone would just start blinking & not stop until we called the front desk. I called the front desk to ask them to remove the flashing red light from the phone & they did. I told the front desk in the morning the flashing began again & never stopped, this new person said he had experienced this also in that room, excuse me you know about it and don't fix the problem?????? Not a good experience

I did not get the service I paid for.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked a shuttle for 4am. When I got to the lobby at 3:55am the shuttle was gone and wouldn’t be back for 20 min. This would have caused me to miss my flight. I then Uber someone to pick me up and got to the airport. The reason I chose this hotel was for the location and free shuttle to the airport so early in the morning. That didn’t happen and feel it was a complete waste if I pay for a service and don’t get it. It costed me extra money for the Uber and to rush through the airport. On a side note my bag did not make the flight as I was a late check in due to not leaving in time. I will not recommend or use this location again.

The lovation

Do not stay here. Pay $30 more and stay somewhere where you can sleep.

Rooms were musty; shower, moldy; I booked a queen room with two queen beds and when I arrived, they checked us into a room with two full beds. When I showed the reservation to the manager via the booking.com app, the MOD promptly told me I was wrong: that all of the beds were queen. Poor customer engagement. I looked up the sizes of full mattresses vs. queens on google, and then measured. Sure enough, beds were full sized, NOT QUEENS AS ADVERTISED. Horrible night of sleep.

Price. Breakfast. That was it. In hindsight, would have spent an extra $40 for a nicer place.

Remodeling not stated

The property was remodeling and it was not pleasing to me. The room didn't look like what I saw on the website, I wish they would have stated it doing booking

It was close to airport

The worst hotel I have been staying in years.

Everything was horrible.

Horrible hotel, it should not even deserve one star. Rooms stinking. Sheets were not clean...had to change two or three rooms. Dust everywhere. Renovations ongoing, but renovated rooms as bad as the old ones.

I believe it was just OK. It was good for one night before cruise.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no way it was noted on the reservation that there was work being done at the hotel. Rooms were extremely small.

Convenience of location to Baltimore and surrounding area.

It was ok expected better
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I'm When I arrived it took ten minutes for someone to appear at the front desk. The place clearly was being renovated. It was sloppy and the work looked terrible. In the room things like the couch were stained with paint. There was a mirror missing in bathroom. The bed was ok a bug was crawling on it I thought the worse but it was a small spider. The staff was polite, but it is a bit noisy. Also it's like an extra 20 dollar surcharge for each day on my bill.

Did not like the staff, uninterested. Lobby very poor furnished, no easy chairs or coaches.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was dirty, room was dirty aswell, bed was o.k. Furniture was in bad condition. Kitchen had only coffee, no tea bags. But worst of all I stand over 1 night and found out at home I was charged for 2 nights. So I had to cancel my credit card for the second charge.