Reviews of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo 3 stars

1501 Ross Street, Amarillo, TX 79102, USA

#25 of 57 hotels in Amarillo

Phone in the room didn’t work and the toilet seat was broke and I had to go back to the front desk several times because the keys didn’t work in the outside door or room.

Staff on duty at check-in was totally unprofessional. He could not confirm our information. I showed him my confirmation info and he quickly told me "THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM" I feel he should be terminated.

Manager was accommodating the morning after we received POOR service from the male on duty the night we checked in. FIRST impressions are so very important that our Check-In ruined our experience at this hotel.

Room was run down and out dated. Hotel is supposed to be non smoking but there was smoke (including marijuana) throughout. The air conditioner was extremely loud -like airplane engine loud. It kicked on and off about every 15 minutes. On several occasions the heater also came on even though the switch was on the off position. Some one or something was running and thumping very loudly upstairs beginning at around 11pm and continuing past 2am. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows had little balls or chunks of foam for filer. The staff was friendly. Don't know if the continental breakfast was any good because we left at 4:30 am figuring we may as well since we had not been able to sleep at all. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone I like.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had a flat tire when we woke up the next day and the staff helped me to find a place to take the car, then they let us check out late as waited for the new tires. SO kind and understanding!

Indoor pool wasn’t heated... breakfast was served too early I thought, from 6-9. Other than that it was a great hotel!

It was very clean.. beds comfy. Even had a sleep area able where the air conditioner was. My grandson slept there and loved it. We’ll stay here again!

The AC was no better than a box fan. There was a group of several rooms of families staying and they were cooking a full meal in their room and the smell of spicy food was horrible! There was trash everywhere in the halls and outside and the noise was horrible! Management did nothing about any of this. Part of the family stayed in the hall talking sitting against the wall. At 11 pm when we checked in we felt it was time to sleep . But it was too hot and noisy and a hot bath was not possible as only tepid water was available.

It was typical Microtel beautiful and clean looking.

Advertised a hot breakfast when it was actually a continental breakfast with a waffle maker. Very disappointed with breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Hot tub is a waste and tile etc around it needs work/ cleaning. Property is not well maintained, I’ve stayed in another microtel that was much nicer. Low price is good but should not mean less basic quality. If you want photos this survey is too late. Should request before or while on site.

I only stayed one night

Could not use the WiFi till early morning. I needed the WiFi to set up my Hotspot I had just bought.

It has an elevator. Easy to find and to go to our room.

The staff was amazing. The woman there on the morning of April 25, 2018 was especially nice and helpful. The breakfast was great and everything was clean and comfortable.

Rude nasty Staff and cleanliness

Front desk night clerk was rude and nasty. Sheets on one bed had stains on them. Morning front desk person was upset that I interrupted her smoking and that she really wanted to be somewhere else. The treatment I received made me wish I was somewhere else. This is property was the worse Microtel I have stayed at- tonight I’m staying at a Motel 6 and staff and property are good

-Toilet paper too thin. -The pool needs to be scrubbed better, not just maintained.

From what I could tell all was spot on. We there only on night. Staff, room, etc. were as they should be. When we needed anything it was given.

No coffee facilities in bedroom and a little difficult to find due to new road layout.

Comfortable room with great breakfast. Also had leisure facilities- pool and fitness room.

Room a little small, but for overnight stay was it all I needed.

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. Friendly staff. Good stay. I would stay again.

The bathtub was VERY slick. I told a staff member they needed to put a non-slick mat in.

Staff was wonderful. Convenient to each area of Amarillo. Breakfast was decent. My Daughter loved the waffle maker that is in the shape of Texas.

This hotel was given a 7.0 rating on line however, we were extremely disappointed in it when we checked in. The decor of the room was something out of the 70's, outdated colors, stained bed skirts, and over-crowded. The hallway carpet was dirty and the manager at the front desk was busy on his cell phone when I told him about the spill on the floor in the breakfast area. We would give this hotel rating more like a 4.0 and certainly was not worth the price. :(

The best thing was the location.

Pool was disgusting and didn't appear to have the chemicals properly maintained. Breakfast was definitely not as nice as they showed in their photos. Bathroom toilet was barely tightened to the floor flange and we were worried it would start leaking.

Location was great. Room was comfortable as well. Price was great for an overall decent experience.

The hallway to my room had a very heavy cigarette smoke smell even though it was non smoking zone. But once we were in the room was fine.

The cleaning crews were great.

The young lady who checked me in charged me $39 instead of $20 for pet deposit. She apologized and reversed it but it won't be available at my bank for a couple more days PLUS I, then still had to pay the $20.

The bed was comfortable.

Pool and Hot Tub were not clean. Room was small and cramped. There were some shady looking people hanging around all the time and there were vagrants going thru the trash by the hotel entrances in the morning.

Not Much... Amarillo doesn't have many choices for good hotels. This is just another run down hotel that is over priced.

Noisey, walls were paperthin, Room 211 is right next to the elevator. Children allowed to run amok after 10pm with staff failure to say anything to parents.

Beds were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Close to the Weinerschnitzle!

The hall was was just slightly over scented for my taste. Thankfully it did not carry over into the room.

Breakfast food was available slightly ahead of schedule. This was appreciated due to the fact that I needed to get on the road early. The room was quite and I the bed was comfortable.

Small detail but WiFi was kind of slow.

Clean and comfortable, had refrigerator and microwave. Beds and pillows were firm. Decent breakfast. Close to interstate but not noisy. Several food places within walking distance- IHOP, KFC, McDonalds, Burger King and Weinerschnitzel.

Specifically wanted indoor pool...it was closed!!

Belgian waffle at breakfast! Clean!! Smelled clean everywhere!! Not afraid to walk down the hall in my socks. Friendly, helpful lady at checkout!

Nice hotel for a stop during a road trip. Good shower and bed, everything you need for a good night sleep. Very clean too. The hotel is located close to I-40 and route 87, which makes it an easy stop. However, there's nothing around to do on foot, so it's only an option if you are driving. The breakfast is fair, a normal continental breakfast with cereals, toasts, waffles, etc. Not bad. Excellent cost/benefit.

The bed and pillows were very hard and the walls are very thin. Waffles stuck in maker every time and came out in small crusty pieces

Like indoor pool and hot tub

Shady people. Lazy customer service. Hotel was dirty. I had no remote control. The place smelled like smoke. Kids running around like a heard of horses coming through.

Hotel is a bit out dated. No USB ports for charging electronics. And the alarm clock in the room buzzed like it was going to catch fire so we unplugged it. Breakfast was not the greatest.

Beds were very comfortable. Room was quiet and clean.

Had to fix the toilet. Had to fix safety latch on the door. I feel like the maintenance is lacking. For over ten years, annually staying at this facillity it has consistantly gone down hill.

Location is what we needed.

The toilet did not flush well. The internet was in and out. The television was constantly buffering and hard to watch a program.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was easily accessible.

It was run down, bathroom door rotting and peeling with a gum like patch on it. Hair dryer had a crack on the plug with burn marks. Poorly patched walls. Sticky fake wood floor. Mold on hallway ceiling tiles. Gross mirrors behind beds. Looked like a two way mirror. Mismatched very dated room furniture. Dark room and sketchy neighborhood with homeless wandering in parking lot.

Nothing. Wait the staff was very nice, professional and wanted a list of what I didn’t like.

3 rooms beside and across from us, kids in all 3 running in and out and yelling til late at night, no control by parents, informed front desk, they said call if it keeps up, it kept up, front desk was 50 feet away and did nothing to remedy situation.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I'm all for people traveling with their animals. I understand they need hotel rooms also. But... If you are going to have pet friendly accommodations you need to remove the carpet and put down either tile or vinyl flooring. The room odor was gross. If nothing else make the pet friendly rooms on one floor or leave a floor for those who don't travel with animals.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bathtub did not drain well at all. As you shower, the tub fills with water. There was a gap in the door frame that was large enough for someone to see through to the inside. My mother and I were so tired from driving and had taken all of our luggage up, we did not want to have to change rooms. This really is not safe especially with a single female or any females staying in that room. We did not feel safe so we made sure we kept the lights off. This really needs to be fixed. Elevator was a little scary. Going up it jumps and makes very loud banging noises as if the cable is struggling to work.

I liked that I was given a room facing the parking lot after asking for it. The front desk clerk was very nice, helpful and professional.

Room needed general upkeep. Towels not all clean. Peeling paint in (small) bathroom. No exhaust fan in bath. Sink could use some caulking. Only a few plugs. Felt old and cramped. Overpriced for what you get.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Terrible Wifi, kept dropping out and was unsecured account. Location in a crummy part of town, but close to freeway, which unfortunately is completely torn up. Breakfast was minimal, but better than nothing. Facility needs some sprucing up.

Friendly check-in staff. Free parking right outside room.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Pillows need to be replaced and need more pillows per bet at least one more per bed.

Beds were very comfy, room very clean and the shower was wonderful!

Nothing needs changed it was a good place to stay. We decided to stay an extra night.

The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, and the staff are very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

The bathroom shower turned us off. We looked forward to showering but opted not to. The lighting in the bathroom was dark, it was cramped and didn't look too clean. The morning staff was really friendly but, the night staff was not. It took close to 30 minutes to find my reservation and get me checked in which I did not appreciate.

The price, right off the highway and we felt safe.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

No Security cameras in parking lot. When we checked in we were told we could park around the corner closer to room. At no time were we warned that it would be best to park closer to lobby. Our car was broken into and we lost thousands of dollars in Christmas gifts and personal property on our way to visit relatives in KC.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Bathroom needed work, dirty tile and paint on ceiling peeling. Breakfast would be ok for children only.

Motel grounds and appearance looked good. Easy parking for trucks with trailers. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Breakfast was a littlesson on the scant side, no raisins and brown sugar for the oatmeal, and not enough bananas.

It was clean, comfortable and accomodating We needed to Freeze one item that wouldn't fit in the fridge and they did it!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Lack of outlets so you could charge phones and work with Laptop. The WiFi signal was weak and intermittent. The shower head was very low, my 5'5" wife had issues with it. The toilet bowl rocked when I sat on it.

This is an older inexpensive motel that is clean and convenient to I40. Breakfast was OK (I did like the Texas shaped waffle iron)

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

They charged me twice for our stay, i discovered when i received my credit card bill, so now i have to deal with that...Very dated facility, breakfast was very meager in comparison to other similar properties (Holiday inn Express, Hyatt Place, Comfort inn).

Location and availability. Breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Some of the neighbors were noisy. Doors slamming late at night. That's not the hotels fault though.

Nice place, very clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

The breakfast was awesome. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal, breads, juices, milk, coffee, pancakes. You did not have to leave to find breakfast. Beautiful place. Super clean pool. Highly recommended. Spotless rooms. 100 stars.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

We had two dogs, an 8 year old, 13 year old and 16 year old, and high expectations of convenience, quality, cleanliness and professionalism. This property met all of our expectations! We had ample linens and the staff was considerate to any additional needs that we may have had. We were on a 12 day road trip and my first search criteria was "pet friendly". So because of their welcoming pets, and the rooms and commons areas still being fresh and clean even though they allow dogs, we always looked for Microtels every time we needed a hotel...all because this one was perfect for our family of 7! The breakfast is also always appreciated.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The rooms were extremely small and kind of ugly. I was glad we weren't spending too much time there. Breakfast was just ok, not a lot of choices but better than nothing.

It was a convenient place to stop after a long day of driving on our way to our final destination and not as expensive as some other chains. It was clean enough and we got adjoining rooms with our friends.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Mirror as a headboard was a little weird and some of the outlets were unsafe.

If was a great place to stay for the quick trip that I had. I enjoyed the layout and the ability to have a fridge and microwave.

The road construction going on was rough.

Close to food and gas stations.

Noise kids above us

The property was very comfortable

I know it’s a little odd, but i didn’t like the huge mirrors across the whole room

Easy access, near and clean

Didn't like walking up stairs

It was quiet

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

There was cigarettes under the beds, rust everywhere, mold in hallway, need to update microwave and fridge so old.

The beds were comfy.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Road construction made it hard to access the interstate.

Very clean.very good value for the price.

Didn’t like the appearance of the walls in the hallway the cleaning staff have wrecked the walls with their carts

The check in staff wasn't to friendly and the room was small.

The actual landscaping was kept well. It was loacted to a lot of restaurants.

Staff

The parking.

The staff was curtious. The facility is quite clean.

Construction near the location so hard to enter the freeway.

The price was fair for the location of the hotel. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Waffle iron kept tripping the breaker so it was unusable

It was all great

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Water in toilet ran all night

Located

It would be nice to have an ice maker on second floor and vending machines.

Beds very comfortable

It was in Amarillo.

Extremely clean.

Soft Linens, which is what I always look for in a comfortable stay.

?

Clean and new

No coffee n room

Ease of finding hotel

The room, bathroom in particular, was small. I woke up with a backache. The hotel overall felt dinghy.

It was fairly quiet. The price was good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Super clean, friendly staff, comfy beds. My favorite hotel in Amarillo!

Good location, easy to find.

breakfast could be much better and cost the same

Everything just ok

Poorly kept, check in staff made me feel like acriminal. Room dirty, elevator in need of repair

Sheets were nice

Nothing I can think of.

The staff was friendly and the location is ok.

Browse Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Amarillo traveller photo gallery