Reviews of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Buckhead Area 2 stars

6.1

5.5

5.9

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The staff was very nice in the room was nice

There are no amenities, the place was still under construction, the location.

Apparently the facility is under renovation, and this was not told to us until we checked in. Also there is a strip club right across the street from the hotel. And idle a potato restaurant in the hotel parking lot. But the staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

paid a hundred bucks for a hundred bugs.

There were ants everywhere. I don't expect to pay a hundred bucks a night and see a hundred ants after a couple of hours. The room smelled odd, and other guests came in very loudly in the wee hours of the morning, and were smoking in the hallway. That's not the hotel's fault, but they also didn't stop them.

The staff was amazing. Super friendly, super helpful, smiling, polite, and patient. The breakfast area was clean and well lit. The beds were immaculate. The parking was tight but close to the building, very important when you're walking with small children at night, as I was.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

I was fine and actually felt comfortable there.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First floor is noisy. Lots of people hanging out inside and out. That was not unexpected since the hotel is on Buford HWY and beside The Pink Pony and Lips a female impersonator Place. It was expected though. It was actually my second stay there.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Good stay overall!

My A/C kept cutting on and off. I tried switching it off of auto but the button didn't work. Didn't get too hot but it was a little uncomfortable at times.

I liked the customer service as well as the room. The room was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Good.

There were a few, nothing crazy but a few bugs in our room. Small not biting bugs, but bugs nonetheless.

The staff was very polite and helpful. Being from out of town everyone was really helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I'll spare myself and stay at another hotel in the future.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Plumbing was horrible. The AC kept going in and out, so the engineer made a couple of trips back and forth. The walls are super thin. Amidst the renovations, it wasn't too good.

The room was updated to a more modern look. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

It was clean, they are in the process of updating it as new...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't help location of the hotel(right across from gentleman's club and a drag show restaurant) but overall I was pleased.

It was clean, they are in the process of updating it as new carpet and paint were evident.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

perfect

Angela Askew(reception at the front desk) has such great hospitality. She was very professional. She made my stay worth the six days I was there. I do not have anything negative to say about this hotel in the buckhead area.

Good location.....Great Management.
    • Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a snafu with the payment but, the lead manager made things right.

The Manager, David, went out of his way to make things right for me. He went above & beyond.

AtL visit

Whole experience was disappointing

The place was under construction didn’t have on suites pool or exercise room.... it was on same side of strip club y

I do not indicate

Cockroaches, Ice machine out of order, bad people at the lobby (homeless?) and very poor breakfast! No maintenance in elevators (broken buttons)

Great desk clerk!

The value was GREAT - staff friendly, NEWly remodeled, trendy look and amenities. Will stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking is tight. Someone scraped the side of my car trying to pull in - or out. Not a tragedy (thank heavens, because yes, I would have been livid) and was able to buff it out, except an inch long scratch that popped off the paint on the bumper. Well, that's life in the busy, big city. :-/ Earplugs were a really good idea - ambient noise included someone left their noisy bathroom fan on... for what seemed like hours; I could hear the TV on one side and the other neighbor needs to have a sleep study and a CPAP machine - because they definitely have sleep apnea (SNORING!) Unfortunately, while this is a non smoking microtel (Yay!) you must walk through the smoking area to get to the front door. Kinda' gross. Everything was new - and newly painted - but when the AC or fan kicks on, you can tell that at one time smoking was permitted. I'm sure they changed the filters in each room, but I bet if they popped off the AC housing in each room and wiped down all the flat, cleanable surfaces inside, they'd solve that smelly "ick factor" as well. "Comfort" score was good (not excellent) r/t noise and smell. STILL would book again. Sweet people, great value!!

The bang for the buck was GREAT. Staff was very friendly. They have baggage carts available to borrow to get your gear to your room. Non smoking accommodations/facility. Very happy with proximity to my conference. While the facility was completing their remodel, most every aspect I encountered was complete and clean. I think the business center may have been in process... didn't need it, however. Breakfast was even better than I expected - a good beginning, pastries, cereals, fresh waffles, coffee with flavored creamer if you like, and an assortment of juices. Looked like they were experimenting with the layout to make it user friendly. Linens were changed as needed, everything brand new. Very nice to have a mini-fridge in the room. Hairdryer worked great. Trendy, cute decor. Was lovely to return from a long day to a nice, straightened room! TV with a zillion channels, wifi available, areas nicely lit (bedside, desk, banquette) ...Had hot water and plenty of it. Bring earplugs if ambient noise bothers you. I turned my tv down to 9 and put on closed captioning so my own noise wasn't obnoxious. Diverse but friendly neighborhood - a smile goes a long way! I will recommend this "microtel" to my program as a great value for their students - even better than the hotels they have a relationship with!!

It was ok . it was to late to find somewhere else so i stayed

The facilities where under construction .. And ive styed in Microtel before and they were a lot better .. For the same price .. I was disappointed

The front service clerk was really nice

One Night Stay

Hotel is under renovations. But our room was great! Only the lobby was being worked on. Made the breakfast area kind of off putting. The staff were wonderful! I would recommend this hotel once all the renovations are done.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was okay, wish I could have had a sausage and egg with my breakfast though.

I was very upset that there were no irons in every room that needs to be fixed pronto. The breakfast was very mediocre there were no meat or eggs, that also needs to be updated pronto! Other than those two minor discrepancies.

The hotel was actually really nice, clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was very nice and courteous and they made our stay very feel like we were at home. When I return to ATL I will definitely be lodging with you Wyndham again!

Good value for your buck

There was a pile of garbage outside in front of the hotel. It’s next to the restaurant which has been closed down. We called and told the receptionist that the toilet was backed up and she had an attitude and said “Okay? You can come and grab a plunger”. I surprisingly said okay. Then got a call back a minute later and said that maintenance was coming up. Then got a knock on our door 2 min later and my husband was getting out the shower so I told him to hold on a minute and when I went back to get him. He had left.

There was construction going on our whole stay. It looked comfy and warming. They serve continental breakfast from 6-9:30. Serve bagels, muffins, waffles, pastries, cereal. The bed was comfortable and so were the pillows.

Southern hospitality

There were no mirrors in the room no pool it was a double queen with only 2 towels and 2 face cloths but a max of 4 people could stay in the room. The luggage carriers were small. No gym and the Wi-Fi did not work.

Southern hospitality

Pleasant

The hotel was under renovations and the lobby and common areas were not inviting. There is an adult night club across the street so the windows facing the club can be a bit noisy.

Friendly staff at check in. The room was clean.

During my visit, there were multiple interior and exterior reservations going on which only adds to the upgrade of the hotel. There were several eating venues that delivered and the food was excellent (Chinese and wings). The hotel is close to a bus line that takes you directly to the Marta train station that will let you off right in the downtown district which was very economical with regards to parking and convenience of time. I will definitely book at the Microtel my next visit to Atlanta if I need to be located in the same area.

My room was really nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I realize the hotel was being remodeled but it was kind of a mess and my room was very noisy from hearing people talk in the hall to the person walk on the floor above me to the person snoring in the room next to me and then the room air conditioning was so loud it kept waking me up

My room was really nice

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff was extremely rude for some reason.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely rude for some reason. My friend got makeup on 2 of the bath towels and they charged me 50 extra dollars for two towels. The breakfast was pathetic. The Wi-Fi didn't work the entire time I was there.

Awesome stay!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Due to construction, insufficient parking.

My room was awesome!....clean.. you could feel it in the environment clean. Sometimes things can look but you can sense it's not. That was not the case here. I was able to rest well because of it.

Location and price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Place was under construction and no hint of that was shared with me no coffee pot or microwave in the room and that was advertised.

Location and price.

Very disappointed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paper thin walls. Can here TV and conversations from rooms on both sides and footsteps above. The hotel was having renovations done. The breakfast was the worst experience I can remember in a hotel. If you don't like waffles you're in trouble. Very poor choice of alternatives. Items like yogurt running out before 8.30. Coffee in reception. Tables scattered round a dingy conference room.

The bed was very comfortable. Reception staff were terrific.

Our stay was decent but I would not suggest this place to anyone.

I did not like the fact that check in is not until 3pm, the walls are super thin so we could hear everything that was going on next door, smoke from the room next to us was getting into our room, the ice machine on our floor was broken, the hotel is located in a run down area, and did not have a pool.

The beds were exceptionally comfortable and brand new, breakfast was good, very close to Legoland, the staff were friendly and handled a disgruntled customer very well.

Needed improvements.

The lady at the front counter on Sunday 8/5/2018 was rude and wouldn’t look up when you are talking to her. How she answers your request shows she does not care. The housekeepers are good but needs some communication training in simple things like, can I get a towel and wash cloth. The elevator was not working when we arrived and had to carry our bags through a long hallway and up the stairs. No staff to help. Their construction going on and people up and down the whole hotel. The coffee and juice machine was broken. The front of the hotel and the parking lot looked unsafe and need a lot of care. No cub appeal.

The staff were professional and respectful apart from the lady at the front counter on the morning of Sunday, 8/5/2018. She needs more training on how to talk to customers and show care and respect.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not a good place to stay

1. First of all the location was horrible. The hotel is located across the street from a very popular Atlanta Strip club. 2. This is the only hotel I’ve stayed in that requested an early check in fee. 3. Construction and construction noise in the hotel was awful. 4. The elevator first floor button was actually missing. You had to put your finger inside the electrical panel to push the first floor button.

Absolutely nothing

Beautiful room, yet semi inconvenient area
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave. Corporate area- can't walk to food. Smaller room. The one bed rooms are a little small, but nice reading nook.

Great, clean, and we'll decorated room. Lobby was under construction, so slight mess, but rooms were great. Bed was extremely comfortable. Beautiful room, but slightly shady area.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a $25 upcharge if you didn’t checkout right at 11 that was the only thing that we didn’t like and wish they would have mentioned and no pool :(

The parking lot was trashy, people were shooting guns off...

The parking lot was trashy, people were shooting guns off and there’s a strip club right across the street. The area just wasn’t family friendly but the rooms were clean

This hotel could of been better with all of the amenities and plus need more parking
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They were renovating and it smelled. Elevator seemed like it was going to break down. They should of started there first with renovating.

The room was done and renovated.

Stay away.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The two bottom floors were still under construction and the place was filthy! In addition, it was in an area surrounded by strip clubs! My last attempt at a Microtel Inn for all time.

don't rely on your Bookings.com reservation #... Call the hotel to confirm

This was the second time in a weeks time that Microtel and bookings.com could not communicate my reservation. Week before I arrived to a MIcrotel in Greensborow NC and not have my reservation. Then getting to Atlanta and the same thing happening. Check in lasted at least 30 minutes each place.

Nice clean place... across the street from some strip clubs so not an ideal for kids

The overall stay was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water sink faucet linked when hot water is on high, but that was understandable, during times of renovations.

The location was perfect and the staff was friendly.

Very comfortable and clean!

Walls and floor are thin. Heard neighbors outside the room and through the walls. Music playing loudly till 2am. Had to remind my kids to stomping on the floor to not disturb anyone below us. Wish I could say the courtesy was given back from the people above us.

The staff was very friendly and professional. The room was very clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable as well as the pillows. Breakfast was nothing special, however, still good and fulfilling.

Liked the location liked the effort to accommodate the tenants and the overall cleanliness.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Housekeeping kept taking linen without replacing it and on the bed and insufficient amount of towels for a family of five. Unless getting a suite any given room is not available with a microwave!

Rude staff and dirty hotel

Room was very rundown and dirty. Employee at the time of check in was quite rude and unhelpful. Upon checking in, when paying for the room, she said my card was declined. I assumed the bank had thought the transaction was suspicious so I tried to use a credit card for the time being, until I could call the bank and confirm that it was me. Then the credit card was declined. I told the lady there was no way both were declined. I had just used the debit card for gas before getting to the hotel and the credit card is only a month old. She shrugged her shoulders and gave no help at all. I went ahead and called the bank since I had no other options. After a 30 minute hold, the bank said nothing was wrong with my account and there was no hold. They said it was most likely an issue with the hotel and to ask them to delete my reservation and start it over again. I went to the desk and told her what the bank was telling me. She went ahead and went through the process and the card was accepted immediately. There was no apology for the inconvenience or that the mistake was the hotels. This was all at 2:30 in the morning.

The location was great. The employee at the time of checkout was very nice.

Was an okay place to sleep but won’t be back.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood was a little sketchy. There was a strip club next door (unless you’re into that. Then that’s fine) They’re undergoing renovation so maybe things will change but there were a lot of things wrong or weird in the room we had that clearly hadn’t been done yet. The bathroom door didn’t shut. At all. The shower faucet was on backwards. There wasn’t really enough parking to accommodate the rooms because of all the construction stuff around. There was a light fixture hanging down that didn’t even work to my knowledge. The giant mirror behind the bed felt kinda trashy as did the light fixture above it with parts hanging down from it. It also had an odd smell both in the room and outside.

Not much. I liked being able to self park and load/unload my own luggage and the staff was fairly nice. There was also a fridge and microwave which was kind of nice but we didn’t feel much like eating in the room when in it though it was mostly clean.

It was very frustrating. It was a quick, weekend trip for my son’s birthday. We made the best of it.

We had rude, loud people next door. They were playing loud music also. We could not sleep. We called down to the front desk. The man said he would send someone up. The music finally stopped about 1:00 am. Then at 4:00 am the people started yelling curse words and threatening each other. We called again. The man at the front desk acted like my husband was stupid for being concerned. He was extremely rude to my husband. He did not do anything to help. It was scary. Even my 5 year old was awake and asking what was going on. We didn’t get much sleep at all. The room also smelled like smoke. I should’ve asked to be moved because we requested non- smoking.

The beds and bathrooms were clean.

Zakia at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

The property is undergoing renovations so it was very loud during the day. Ice machine was broken. Bathroom door didn't lock. Shower had a crack in it. The room was extremely hot even with the AC on high, probably because all the windows on the 2nd floor below us were open. If we were told before that renovations were ongoing I would have cancelled my reservation. Manager only offered $20 off stay.

Zakia at the front desk was very helpful and friendly.

The property seemed to be unfinished.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property seemed to be unfinished. There were holes in the walls, walls without trim, and the button for the elevator was inside of the wall. It also smelled a facility that allowed smoke rooms however when walking around the rooms had no smoking signs on them.

The room its self was decent and the beds are nice

We had to ask the front desk two days in a row if the cleaning crew can clean our room, our phone in the room didn’t work and the keys to our door kept deactivating, also the door # to our room was taped on & written in pencil, the elevator was unstable and would make a slamming sound whenever we would get off at the lobby

The room its self was decent and the beds are nice

I had a fair visit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My microwave in my room didn't function properly. I played with it and got it figured out though. I think there may be a shortage. Sorry it was my intention to notify someone but I fell asleep lol. It was also a tad bit loud but not unbearable.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Restless sleep

The room was not cleaned, had gum stuck on the walls! The towels had other people’s hair on it! Didn’t look anything like the pics and had construction going on! Never staying here again!

Horrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed in two, the first property was in very poor condition, walls were beat up, carpet was torn, sheets were stained and the room across from me was smoking which came into my room. I checked out and booked what I was told was a country inn and suites, but was another Micro, Two sets of sheets were stained and filthy. I would like my money back!

Not Good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff attitudes no pool and they complain to much plus it was bugs crawling in the room

Check in was nice but the last nite we had problems where they called the police because of the kids was playing plus they wanted us to be quite in the rooms because the people on first floor complain bit they was also remodeling then they let kids go in my room without my permission if we was to loud when the manager walked the hall why she didn't knocked on the door never again will I stay at this hotel ever again.

I will not stay at this hotel again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

That the front desk person was banging on the door of the hotel room next to us until 3 am. I understand that there may have been an issue but there are other guests trying to sleep at this time.

Close to where my work was hosting an event.

Sucks I spent $230 bucks, no good! Sure would be nice to get at least $50% back

Everything, house keeping went into my room after I asked them not too, I reported it and no one seemed to care, microwave was so old it barely worked. #228 was so loud beating above my room#128 I had to go complain and they still continued to be very disruptive.The bad little kids in the room even yelled out the window to my son that they were going to beat him up(my son was getting something out the car) Never had enough towels. Breakfast was being put up while there was still a line of people waiting which was very rude the syrup container was all sticky and nasty. The air conditioner in the room would never stay on it kept cutting off so we ended up opening the window. The room has no iron for are wrinkled suit case clothes. It truly was just a terrible experience. We drove 5hours for this trip and we were definitely disappointed

The fact I was on vacation

My needs were met
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Because you’re in the midst of renovations and I certainly don’t know how long they’ve been going on it looked kind of junky and ghetto, although My room and bed was comfortable. We did have problems with my toilet for spring my room and bed was comfortable. We did have problems with my toilet clogging and a consistent slow running of water into tank.

The staff was extremely nice
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I reserved a spot online when I got to the hotel it said there was nothing in my name all they had left was the suite which was $112 online it was listed for $86.The "suite" was only a queen size bed had bricks falling off the wall in the bathroom a broken shower head & broken drain plug.

The staff was extremely nice

Rates were exceptionally well
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Water in room was like warm Televisions picture was faded Not enough pillows

Rates were exceptionally well Staff was great! Major improvments being made Landscaping was awsome Location was nice

Awful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The whole facility was disgusting. Walls were dirty in our room ( looked like blood splatter), ants crawling on the bed, floors turned our socks black. Prices were astronomical for the quality of the facility.

The hotel was being updated and the pictures online were of...

The hotel was being updated and the pictures online were of what the rooms will look like when they are completed. There was no mention of this when booking.

My stay was aboulelty the worst and I will not be coming back, it is not worth the money I spent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I walked into the room it smelt like very strong weed. Also you had to constantly jiggle the toilet handle or it wouldn't keep flushing. There is no closet space simply because there is a dang microwave and fridge in the closet. Not to mention that I nor my partner barley got any sleep due to the clubs on both side of the hotel. Also the staff was not very personable and talkative.

It was okay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom stopped working and no one ever came to fix it, and it got to the point where we had to try and fix it ourselves and use the restroom in the lobby. The breakfast didn’t consist of anything other than cereals,waffles, and one flavor of yogurt it wasn’t very versatile for many people.

The room was gorgeous

Evening staff (Jamaica) tried to help as much as she could,...

Booked a room with 2 queen size beds and microwave and fridge. Was given a a small room with 1 queen size bed, no microwave or fridge. Zero response from management. Staff says it is Booking.com's fault. Zero response from Booking.com customer service too Will I recommend this hotel - NO

Evening staff (Jamaica) tried to help as much as she could, but they were left a mess that they could do nothing about.

The rooms were comfortable in between homes
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Booking.com promised me that I would have an early check-in I got there at 12 I had to sit in the lobby until 3. They could have let me have the room

The rooms were comfortable in between homes

Great value for the location. Staff is amazing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The towels were not always clean, some had red stains on them which made them non-usable.

The staff was friendly and always willing to engage in conversation

The room was pretty nice overall.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the room smelled of cigarette smoke so I asked the women at the front desk could she have some one spray while we were out ( Biggie Right) and when we retuned all she had done was cut the AC unit on!

The room was pretty nice overall. Loved the comfy bed! Slept Ike a baby

This place was absolutely awful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was completely not as advertised by booking.com, nor did we receive the room we booked. When we arrived to the room, there were blood stains on the bed skirt, holes in the dresser, stains all over the carpet, and dust in the overhead lighting. This place was disgusting. In addition, there was a “false alarm” set off at 5AM, where the fire alarm began to ring, waking up everyone staying on our floor. In the morning, there wasn’t a true continental breakfast served. There were no meat, or eggs, only gluten products, which I am allergic to. I know this isn’t the hotels fault, but it is located directly across from a strip club called the Pink Pony; we were told right away by the front desk to stay away from this place because the strippers are known to pick pocket people. Overall, awful experience, would not reccoment this place to anyone. I am shocked Wyndham would attach it’s name to a place like this.

Size of room to small.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Size of room to small. No cabinet for clothes. T.v and refrigerator in the cabinet. Rooms too old , need urgent renovation. Non- smoking floor and elevator reeks of smoke and alcohol. Spider found in room . A.C not working efficiently. Carpets too old and wet.

very poor experience. The only saving grace was the friendly staff.

I didn't like the fact the actual room we had was under construction. I understand that the whole hotel was under construction but would not have chosen it if i had known. I had a cop knock on my door at 3am , Then a false fire alarm at 5am and construction workers dragging and banging furniture above me at 8am. Needles to to say i didn't get a restful nights sleep. The area seems sketchy as well. Strip clubs surround it and would not recommend it for a family.

All of the staff was very pleasant and looked like they loved their job! They were all really nice.

It was great. The breakfast provided was good! The area was very decent.

I wish more towels were provided.

The beds were comfortable, and the mattress and box spring were protected which was sooo awesome. That made me extra comfortable.

Good location, needs renovation. Bad parking

Door lock would not accept entry card . I had to get cards set up three extra times. The tub in the bathroon had a constant drip. There was loud music nearby from a club and you could hear the deep bass all night. Parking spots too tight and no turning room in parking lot.

Location was good, clean

It's fine for what you pay
    • Queen Room

The property has acoustical issues, when someone close doors or walk all the noise its transmitted. Also I find a bug at the washbasin at the third day.

The staff was very friendly, they help me with everything that I need. The size of the room was perfect and was clean. The location is quite well, it's near from a bus stop that connect with the Lindbergh Station.

I wouldn’t stay there again

It was very dirty, a lot of things didn’t work in the room. It was under construction, and across the street from a strip club. It wasn’t worth the money i paid

Location was close to down town

Dirty

NOTHING AT ALL!!!! I hate this place!!!! They stole my gold and alll I’m pissed off on my birthday!!! What a birthday

Poor & very unprofessional staffs

The day of my reservation I called to change my RSVP from 2 rooms to 1 room w/2 queens beds..later that day me & my friend arrived @ the microtel the clerk couldn't find me in the computer but, then asked me what other name was on my rsvo...i explained to her that's funny you don't see my name or confirmation # but, you knew I had 2 rsvp...i only paid for 1 night..when we go to the room #303 the bathroom sink had burnt stains, we couldn't charge our phones because none of the plugs worked..i came there to celebrate my bday & the microtel & staff made it very complicated..i will never stay there not recommend my friends to.now it's funny how you guys sent me this email confirming the dates of my reservation but, the staff couldn't find me in the computer

Absolutely nothing

Disappointed

A lot.

I only needed a room for my visit, and understand the policies in place for hotels as I am in the business. This place was under renovation, and the staff acted like they could careless that they were sold out with paying guests. After leaving I had a $200 charge, because they said I was smoking in the room, when I most certainly was not. The room smelled horrible upon arrival and we sprayed some smell good. I was nervous when arriving because they had a cop with a bullet proof vest on just sitting in the lounge, "are we safe here" was what I asked myself. Luckily I only needed a place to lay my head for the night because anything more and I would have been even more disappointed. Location was ok, but could be better. When we walked outside so my fiance could smoke his cigarette (since the rooms were non-smoking) the whole place looked more like a junkyard/landfill.

It was pretty bad but my kids and I still made the best of it. Breakfast and coffee was lovely.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

TV wasn't connected when I got there. Not a single trash can was in the room. I didn't know where to put my baby's diapers or any other garbage. I tried using the blown dryer, the components inside blew at my face and the dryer was sparking up. The water cut out for the entire night but that was the cities fault.

The staff was friendly. The front desk was helpful.

Full disclosure, I booked this room hours before I arrived...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As of 2/25/18, the hotel became entirely non-smoking. As a smoker this was a personal bummer, but at my stay in the room I noticed marks on the endtable where people left cigarettes to burn, so I understand why they have to crack down. The room did not come with a mini-fridge or a microwave, so there was no way to preserve food I brought upstairs with me. It also didn't come with a trash can (other than a very small one in the bathroom), so you have to exit your room to discard your large trash in a can by the elevator.

Full disclosure, I booked this room hours before I arrived to check in and got a terrific price on it. For my intents and purposes, the location was terrific -- fifteen minutes to anything (traffic permitting). There was parking always available. All in all, a great deal at almost zero notice. If you're conservative minded, you'll like to know there's a strip club (The Pink Pony) literally right across the street, as well as a drag queen dining establishment, gay clubs, and at least two other strip clubs just a brief drive up the road. It's in the Cheshire Bridge Rd area of town. If you're familiar with Atlanta, you know it's a great spot for the gay nightlife and the city's less child-friendly pastimes, like gentlemen's clubs, adult novelty shops, and head shops. To me, however, that was part of the appeal!

I was disappointed. Almost 200 dollars to smell cat. Police with bulletproof vests were on site.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

I was very uncomfortable. It smelled like a stinky cat. The smell was horrible. They are under construction, which was never mentioned. Very unsatisfied waste of money.

I liked the area.

IT WAS OK BESIDES THE RENOVATION OF THE WALLS

THEY ARE RENOVATING SO THE HALLWAY WALLS ARE A MESS BUT BESIDES THAT I WOULD STAY AGAIN

THE BED WAS SOFT, ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN, LINING WAS CHANGED DAILY.. OUR REQUEST WAS MET

I basically needed a room close to Emory at an economical rate.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could have used another pillow or two for viewing the TV from the bed.

I liked the price, cleanliness, location for my business appointment, and economic pricing. Small microwave and TV with standard cable. I think they should splurge on a star package my self. The mirrors in the bedroom is a nice touch.

would not use again or consider microtel for future travel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

next door to a strip joint/ under construction/no chair in room/almost seedy/flashing pink strip joint light through window/dumb daytime booking agent/appeared to be used by hookers/would not allow daughter to go to front alone

good beds

Browse Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Buckhead Area traveller photo gallery