Reviews of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bethel/Danbury 2 stars

80 Benedict Road, Bethel, CT 06801, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Bethel

Chose another place, run

The front desk staff for morning of September 15th was rude and not helpful at all. Accused my dog of peeing on bed and floor. In fact my dog was vomiting during night and the floor was wet from us cleaning it up. No elevator, who's ever heard of such!!!!

Comfortable bed, pillows, room was clean.

For what we needed, it was perfect. Clean, centrally located.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were a little musty smelling but clean so weird that they smelled musty. Bathroom sink had no counter space.

Pillows were awesome. Lobby was very clean.

The hotel has been recently updated.

The hotel has been recently updated. The rooms are all-new, very nice. Comfy mattresses. Not all of the construction has been completed, so there are still some minor issues with that aspect. E.g. - No working ice machine yet on 2nd floor, but plenty available on first. Very good value.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nice place to stay would stay again

There wasn't much of a selection for breakfast so we ended up eating out.

Staff was friendly, room was clean. The area was good places to eat close by.

Overall would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was a little sparse - also had to ask for refills. Parking spaces were limited. Soda machine needed filling.

Comfortable and clean room. Good tv and Wi-Fi. Great 👍 bed. Desk person was great.

My stay at bethel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was lacklustre for the price asked, there could have been more of a selection to justify the costs.

The air conditioning was great, given the temperature this time of year, it was nice to get into a nice cool room.

The beds were comfy and rooms clean

It needs updating and renovating, decor outdated and halls, stairs grubby. Rooms didn't look like they did on the website, looked much nicer on website. But they were clean which is important. Breakfast area was in lobby and very small area

The beds were comfy and rooms clean

Good Hotel, this was to break up the distance from Scranton,...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Good Hotel, this was to break up the distance from Scranton, to Top end of Boston so was ideally located. On arrival the Lady in reception was nice, sadly never said goodbye on check out so that was a minus- Not to much to say about this Hotel other than it was OK, clean and close by to where we needed to be.

Excellent small hotel and great location
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Continental breakfast had no protein choices and little to no fruit

In a great central location. Very friendly staff and very fast to accommodate any of your requests.

Pleasant and Nice Place
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No elevator and that the facility was still under renovations. However, the inside of the rooms was nice. Also, I spilled some of my drink on my mattress fitted sheet and it was never changed....

Amanda was very pleasant and always helpful! The hotel is undergoing renovations but it is very nice and the breakfast is pretty good!

Under renovation but very pleasant!

The staff was very accommodating and Amanda was outstanding! Great deal for the location. The Microtel is under renovations and so far the rooms itself are beautiful and new. The hallways still needs improvements but overall very nice and perfect daily breakfast!

Our first time at a Microtel.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Needed vacuumed, in the hallway. Not a good 1st impression. The day we were checking out there was a man complaining about the second floor how the hallway had been messy for 3 days. So it wasn't just a fluke or just the first floor. No sheets in room for pull out couch bed.

Layd back. Could bring a dog.

Clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was No comforter, No extra towels (I asked about both and she even took me into their laundry facility to show me) No plates... bed wasn’t very soft.

Clean

Our room had a nice window seat and window that open which...

Hotel will be nicer once all renovations are completed.

Our room had a nice window seat and window that open which is unusual. It was nice to open the window and get some fresh air. Place was quiet so we couldn't hear our neighbors. Our room was clean and has recently been renovated.

Pleasant place to stay

Coffee maker rather than a kettle for any tea drinkers out there. As others have mentioned breakfast is the weakest element, the breakfast area is still not finished, so its disposable plates and cutlery and pasties from the local supermarket.

Very clean, comfortable mattress, light airy room. Rooms clearly recently redecorated. Plenty of parking. Friendly staff.

Room was clean but had some bugs.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Hotel is under renovation and created entry and safety difficulty. Also some bugs in room. Additional Door locks not working.

Room was clean but had some bugs. Room appeared recently renovated so was useable.

The room was great but the breakfast was not.

Ice machine was not working. The continental breakfast was not up to par, the selection was not appealing and they had no butter or toppings for the bagels.

I loved everything inside the room. It smelled good and looked very clean and modern. The room was well stocked and we liked all the channels on the tv.

I like it. I would stay there again. Would be even better if the breakfast was a real breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was not stated that it was under renovation and the dust was not great. No elevator. Difficult for some to take luggage up the stairwell and the Breakfast mentioned was really a continental breakfast. Not a full blown breakfast. Rooms are not big enough for a family unless there are larger rooms that I did not know about.

The entire place. It is really a good idea and setup. I would stay there again. Bet the place will be awesome once the renovations are complete.

I would stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They were remodeling and it wasn’t done. I was worried it would be annoying but it wasn’t really a problem.

They are remodeling and the room was all new.

Best comfortable luxury room I ever stayed in I loved it
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing I was very pleased with everything

Everything best hotel I ever stayed in Danbury I always stay every weekend because of work I will be going back to this one

Location was perfect Going to flea market in New Milford...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No ice in the ice machine. Parts were under construction which will only make it better for our next stay in May

Location was perfect Going to flea market in New Milford and this was near many other places to eat and shop

The first room we stayed in was handicapped for my mom.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Plan for it. They are undergoing a reconstruction. The lobby is completely a mess as they are removing old carpet and lying a new stone floor, so the conference room is temporarily the “breakfast” area. It’s small. I’m not sure how much longer this will go on, but expect April to be it’s transition month.

The first room we stayed in was handicapped for my mom. It was the best handicapped bathroom I have seen. We decided to stay an extra night. They gave us a spacious suite with kitchenette. An excellent value! Go down the street to the Stonehill Diner for giant portions, breakfast all the time and reasonably priced.

Served purpose for inexpensive stay to visit memory care center. Was not a relaxing stay

Renovation still in progress 5 months later. Hallways still unfinished and not cleaned.

We were at the hotel in October 2017 for 3 nights. Unaware it was under renovation. Family member in nearby memory care center. The room on 2nd floor was nicely renovated, hallways still original. Booked again for location, still under renovation! Redoing breakfast area now. Breakfast crammed into small dusty conference room. There were no fluffy eggs.

This was my husband and I second stay at Microtel Inn and Suites and we will stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I have is the pillows.they should be replaced for firm pillows instead of worn and flat pillows in the room.

The room was comfortable with the needed amenities.Also the location is central to stores and restaurants.

Very nice

As above

Motel is under construction reno's but the room was lovely new and clean ! The taps in bathroom tub and shower in room 227 should have been replaced they leak !

Worth the money and will stay there again

No elevator

Breakfast very good. Room very nice. Bed too soft for me but nice. Nice having frig and microwave in room. Wish there was elevator. It was under construction but my room and breakfast area nice

iT ALL THERE IN "WHAT DIDN'T YOU LIKE".
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely small, the bathroom was dated, and no hot water for shaving in the AM. The breakfast was very very poor, the waffle maker was broken, all the half & half were turning and they said it was due to it be too cold. This was my second time at this location, and it will be my last.

NOTHING, OTHER THEN FOR THE TWO STAFF MEMBERS WE DEALT WITH DURING OUR STAY.

Bed was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very small. The halls + stairways were halfway being remodeled, that was disappointing. We were on 2nd floor + there was no elevator Could not get car close to entrance to unload luggage

Bed was great. The check out time was great(12 noon)

Hotel under massive renovation; should have been advertised when booking.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is under complete renovation resulting in noise, dirty carpets, missing baseboards outside the room. The construction was on-going until around 7 pm the night we were there. The noise and a radio could be heard in my room. When I went down to the front desk, I asked for a different room, which was going to be on the first floor. When I entered that room, the actual room looked clean, but the carpet smelled moldy so I asked to be returned to my room on the 2nd floor, in spite of the noise. Then when I turned on the heat, the heat in my room did not work. When I informed the front desk, the staff member came up to my room, turned up the heat, felt a little puff of heat, and said, "see, there is heat." Well, a little heat did come out, but there was no heat blowing out. (The heating unit, which was new, was defective). The staff member said it would take a bit of time to heat the room. So, I turned up the heat to 81, went out to dinner, and returned 2 hours later. I took my watch (which BTW has a temperature guage and altimeter on it) off, sat it on the counter, and 10 minutes later went down stairs and showed the staff member the temperature in the room: 62 degrees. I decided then to switch to another hotel for the next 4 nights. BTW, my Mom was in another room and her heat worked and the fan blowing the heat worked.

The rooms that we reserved were clean

It was alright

The breakfast could have been better with more options. It was pretty loud early in the morning there was this loud beeping noise outside of your room then didn't stop for over a hour it kept is awake.

Th rooms were ok they said the beds were a queen but they were more like a full size bed. The room was over all good.

All in all, I would stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff could have been a little more pleasant. They were nice, but seemed like they didn’t want to be there. I would find friendlier people to greet guests. We left a tip for whomever would be cleaning our room. Also asked if they would leave extra packets of coffee, they didn’t. Had to go back downstairs to ask for the coffee. Didn’t get any apology, just a stern look of discussed.

I LOVED the bed and pillows! Very comfortable.

Had I not been up for 20 hours I probably wouldn't have gotten a nights sleep.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The HVAC would not operate on auto to keep a comfortable temp. Major areas of mold in the bathroom. Breakfast was well below other hotels providing "free breakfast". This property is in urgently need of renovation. At the most, this is a $50.00 stay not $70.00

Accessability to the interstate and a good local diner nearby.

Very easy to find and easy to get about from.

Dripping tap in one room which made everything damp due to steam but another room was found and moved into.

The staff were quick to solve any problems.

I would never stay at another Microtel!

The pull-out bed still had packing ties. Had to flip over couch and undo the ties. There were no blankets or extra pillows available for the pull out bed. My kids had to sleep under 4 fitted sheets!

Nothing. Place was a dump.

Good location, I like wyndom/microtel but wouldnt stay here again. Renovate
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good. Waffles take time, would have rather had some eggs and potatos to eat quick and get to work. The bathroom was falling apart, shower curtain wouldnt close so waters getting out. Wall paper peeling. globs of Caulk just stuck in corners of floor where tile separated .

Great place at a very reasonable price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tables in breakfast area needed cleaning and garbage was full in the breakfast area.

Super clean room. Plenty of parking. Good location for the Elephant Trunk Flea Market

Clean comfy, but instant coffee??!!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee was instant and terrible. The continental breakfast was junk. No eggs, no hot items. Low quality baked goods. Expected at the very least to have brewed coffee. The machine dispensed instant coffee, had to rush to Dunkin' Donuts before going to work.

Clean and comfortable

Looking back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better breakfast and larger room.

EATS - There were no EGGS! No Bacon! just CARBS, CARBS, & CEREALS!!!!! Room - Nice storage spaces and details...The room was small & no room for another chair, but we managed. - Location for us older people was the best. Close to the front entrance and on the 1st floor....

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Clean but not elegant!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Facilities looked weary and worn. Pillows soft and lumpy. Bathroom small. Shower rod loose from wall. Towels old and rough. Coffee not hot breakfast poor. Air /heat noisy . No refrigerator in room.

Exterior and grounds neet and clean. Brought our Labrador... thank you for poop bags... I usually bring my own ... need designated receptical for waste. Room near exit on second floor. Plenty of parking. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

There were no eggs.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More breakfast choices that are healthy

There were no eggs. That would have been great!! Nothing to eat for people watching their weight except yogurt and that has sugar as does the oatmeal.

Very good!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The chairs at the table where the continental breakfast was were badly soiled.

I like it because it was clean and affordable. My friend booked this hotel while in Spain. So I tried it too! Very nice.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

it will do in a pinch.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

it is bare bones. no elevator, no staff to carry bags, you are on your own, I don't suggest wearing 3 inch platform sandals. Key card didn't work on 2nd day. place was eerily empty. While I did see a couple people on the first floor, the 2nd floor was a crypt. i think i might have been the only one up there. Front desk staff is hit or mess, some good, some not good. Wouldn't match my booking.com price, so I had to book through them, while standing at the front desk. didn't care for the mirrors behind the bed.

not much... room was clean. i actually checked out and into a different hotel (La Quinta mid week) I did like the apple juice.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

In need of redecorating and updating good breakfast and comfortable bed.

How can you have a two-story hotel with no elevator? As retirees we cannot handle stairs. Were given a very tiny one bedroom on first floor instead of the larger room upstairs we had reserved. Chose the Wyndham because it said pet friendly but did not see in the small print evidently about added charges for the pet per night. Two staff members looked dismayed upon seeing our Labrador Retriever along with us who behaved like an angel the entire time. Bathroom ceiling had a tear in it and was sagging and there was a hole in the wooden platform of the bed. Bare Bones decorations in great need of attention and updating for the entire facility. Not at all what we would have expected under the name Wyndham.

A good variety of food offerings for breakfast both hot and cold. Comfortable bed.

Parking near door.

Coffee machine broken. Out of milk.

Parking near door. Days close. Room comfortable and clean.

Good stay

No complaints.

Breakfast was good.

Found the hotel on phone and it was just what we needed while traveling home to Maine.

Excellent hotel in a great location. Staff very friendly.

Overnight stay.

No elevator

The rooms were clean and updated..was a great place to stay for one night.

The staff was SUPER helpful and totally on top of their jobs.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was nothing I didn't like.

The staff was SUPER helpful and totally on top of their jobs.

We liked this inn!

We liked this inn!

Thank you for making this our new favorite spot for our family trip each year.

Everything was great.

The location was perfect for us. We will stay again. We travel from Alabama to Maine 2 times a year.

Room smelled like smoke....
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Smelled like smoke and the minifridge didn't work.

Excellent service!

Excellent service!

I guess it did it's job but very small.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Way too small. Could hardly turn around.

Very clean

Hallway to second floor was dirty and had an "old"...

Hallway to second floor was dirty and had an "old" smell.

The room was clean, no musty or cigarette smell.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was clean, no musty or cigarette smell.

Everything went well and the staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything went well and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Pleasant overnight stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee served at breakfast needs to be stronger.

Great comfy bed.

We stayed for the elephant trunk flea market which rained which it was not the hotels fault.

The proximity to restaurants and Target store. Also right off the highway.

Room just renovated and was nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Renos in the lobby and stairs to upstairs were a mess, but under reno so ok as room was clean.

Room just renovated and was nice.

great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was clean and comfortable

Pleasant even thought it was under renovation

It was great.

Very many e

Very friendly, clean and comfortable

No cold creamer or half and half for breakfast coffee lol

Free breakfast, WiFi, fresh

Would definitely stay there again!!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was under construction for renovations but was still a wonderful place to stay.

I had a nice time here.

The breakfast should be improved on with addition of eggs, bacon & sausages.

The room was clean.

The atmosphere bc of construction

The atmosphere bc of construction

It was perfect.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The steps were not looking that great but I assume it's because of construction

Hotel was under renovation so the appreance was not good.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hotel was under renovation so the appreance was not good. Amenities like breakfast, gym, etc were limited.

Mal s opinion.

Construction woke us up almost daily. Will be asking for compensation.

Convenice to rehab. Center

halls smelled

halls smelled

Overnight stay while travelling. Can't be beat for the price.

Everything was fine.

Clean and comfortable room for a very reasonable price. Breakfast is pretty minimal but, hey, its free so can't complain.

rooms small but nicely designed Perfect place to crash
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast pretty ordinary could have used some cooked items

desk clerk was exceptionally helpful when I experienced a problem with my TV remote

Good place and location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The customer service receptionist went above and beyond her duties to help and assist with our stay,very friendly and positive!!!

It is a great value hotel, the hallways could use a face...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It is a great value hotel, the hallways could use a face lift but the rooms are clean and comfortable

Excellant, no problems.

Hotel was under re-construction, but clean. All of the walls were being prepped for painting. But rooms were finished and very clean and modern