Reviews of Motel 6 Indianapolis North 2 stars

9140 North Michigan Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268, USA

#100 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

6.1

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When I got there the attendant did not have my reservation. But she did call 10 minutes later and tell me it was a mistake. Also rooms were very messy. Stains all over the walls and lighting was horrible.

A place to sleep

First and foremost, both rooms, the first and the second room after changing rooms, were filthy. The floors were filthy, the beds were filthy, the walls were filthy, the room reaked of something unrecognizable. The staff were indifferent to any problem we raised and then tried to defend that they had cleaned the room themselves as though we are delusional for thinking that the room is not absolutely caked in the mess of whoever has stayed in those rooms for the past month.

The fact that I don’t have to be there any longer.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Well when we made our reservation, we asked for a 2 bed room bcuz my son would b with us 1 night. We get there and it is only one bed. Had to put out another $20. So we go to that room, there were tampons in the bathroom trash, a Len on the bathroom counter and obviously some repairs being done on the room because fresh drywall was on a portion of the wall. So then were given a 3rd room.

When we finally got to the right room it was clean.

The window in our room was broken and there were shards of glass still in between the window panes. When we notified the front desk, we were told they didn't have another room for us and would put in a work order to get it fixed. Didn't offer any amount of reimbursement.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was what appeared to be, a tooth in the bathroom sink drain and the curtain in the bedroom area was full of stains.

My son and I drove from MI to IN for a basketball tournament. The staff was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early with no additional charges.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property has is older. Therefore the creeks while on the elevator was scary (it was late night/early morning)

The low rate and convenience made life easier.

Parking lot is small!

The staff were really nice from the check in guy to the house keeping to the check out guy! I was surprised by how nice and big the rooms were, and as far as cleanliness was concerned I was shocked at how clean and comfortable EVERYTHING was!I will definitely be back!

Noise throughout the night.

Room had a tile floor throughout the room. There wasn't a drain plug in the bathroom. First room we were sent reeked of cigarette smoke which is a violation of the law, so we given a 2nd room with no hassle. Kudos to the desk staff on that. Our 2nd room was quite small but what do you expect for $78? Sleeping was alright till people start slamming doors thru the night, and you can hear people yelling the parking lot. It wasn't the worse place, but it wasn't the best. Just remember you get what you pay for.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This place has damp towels rolled up, the TV picture was black and grey and so dark so we couldn't watch anything. Also pretty sure there was cum on the wall left from the previous guests and house cleaning never cleaned it.. gross! The floors also felt greasy/sticky. Please get it together!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very dirty there were Cray still in the toilet..dirty dirty dirty

after a long day of meetings the last thing you want is a dirty hotel room bathroom filth, tv does not work and the staff had no welcome or energy in them. I will never stay at a motel 6 and will never recommend this hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2.00 for paying with cash as well as I booked it at Booking.com and once got to hotel it was 5 dollars more then it showed on line. Person at desk told me must of been mistake on line. So it cost me 7 dollars more then anticipated.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just passing through and was a fine place to sleep for the night. Read the other reviews before booking, and realized when I got there that you can't please everybody. Its satisfactory, not a 5 star resort.

The staff was not very friendly. I was expected to be greeted upon my entrance, however I had to wait at the check in desk and get the attention of a staff member to check in. Also, during my stay, the room cleaning staff came 2 hours earlier than check out time and welcomed themselves in! That was not enjoyable. Also, the tv remove was taped shut so you had to be careful not to let th batteries drop out. The walls are so thin, you could hear peopl simply walking in the halls to their rooms! It was a tolerable stay, however I will not be returning.

Fast check out and near plenty of restaurants. Bed was comfy.

above It was quiet, the rooms were clean. I know I put the likes & dislikes in the wrong place.

The staff could be more computer savvy when checking in. It took awhile to check-in because the man wasn't comfortable with the system.. Maybe you need to update your system. For one, he had to manually put in my credit card # in the machine. I use this card often, this is the only time that has happened.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls are paper thin, I could hear the people in the room next to me having sex all day and night. It was very uncomfortable because I had my 10 year old son with me. It was disgusting. The room was over all dingy and dark. The late night staff who worked at the check in desk was extremely rude and unprofessional. I will never, ever go back.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning was so loud that we had to stop it for the night and woke up cold the next morning. The bed is not comfortable and the pillow very poor quality and so thin

Personnel was nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small and dirty room, horrible pillows, old hard bed, saw a bug in the bathroom that ive seen on the National Geographic Channel.

We were able to bring our Lab.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com got involved only after I had made my one-night reservation, and later chose to extend my stay by one night. When I arrived, the motel had no record of my request for a 2nd night. Luckily, I was able to stay in the same room another night.

The convenient location and attractive rates (the two reasons I chose this motel).

I booked 4 rooms for a group of high school students because we were attending a convention in the area. There was a hole in the wall in one of the rooms. The sheets in another room were not changed from the previous traveler. The towels were very thin and several had large yellow stains on them. I know hotels use white towels, but it is kinda scary when you step out of the shower, grab a towel and it has a big stain on it. The doors and walls are very thin, so you can hear everything that is going on in every room. If you're in the hallway, you can hear the conversations in the rooms as you walk by.

It was a place to stay. I booked rooms for a convention late, so I was lucky to even get the rooms I needed in a spot fairly close to the convention center. For the price, I didn't expect a lot.

The room was not very clean. One chair in a double queen room. The noise level above us was horrible. Had to call front desk twice to get anything done. Not impressed at all.

The bathroom wasn't as clean as it could've been. The hallway and stair carpet needs a good cleaning. There we're guests arguing in their room and you could hear it while in the hallway.

The automatic lights in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. Check in was fast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room and hallway has BUGS And ROACHES . Could not sleep afraid one would claw on ME. !!!!! Also people smoking WEED not good !!!! Will NEVER stay there !!!!

Only the COFFEE

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the price very subpar... Rooms too small...No access to public restrooms (they were locked by staff) while waiting in line to be checked into room. Would never stay there again.

Nothing really

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no one at the desk for check in... called 3 times before a rude lady came there was a lot of outside noise as well as you could hear everything in the surrounding rooms. we were at Indy for an early morning doctors appointment and only needed a good nights sleep. we didn't get that.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No restaurant. But the clerk was great. Helped me stay on ground floor so I could want my dog. Security could be a whole lot better. Back entrance was unlocked at all time.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable, one of the blankets had a cigarette burn in it, yuck There were no smoking signs posted every where but the hall smelled of smoke, but my room did not The room had vinyl flooring made it feel less then cozy. No iron, no coffee maker in room, no shampoo or conditioner It was super basic

The price, it was cheap and it was quiet staff was friendly, the shower was good nice water pressure, AC worked great and good TV channels

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing we didn't like was that There were a few dirty spots on the shower wall other than that our stay was great!! I would like to have seen a coffee pot in the room that would have been wonderful!!

We really liked the location it was easy to get back and forth from the race track, Dinning was good, My Husband really liked when house keeping made up the room they put his pillows back the way he liked them.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The privacy & security of my room. At 4:15 am someone tried to enter my room. They had a key that unlocked the door but the extra lock stop them from entering. They done it twice so that made it hard to sleep. They did dry wall work but didnt paint the spots after the work was completed.

Easy access to the interstate and close to all shopping needs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside of the motel looked decent ...inside was a lot of deficiencies...the elevator went up to second floor bit you had to make the steps down....the back door to motel was broken so anybody could walk in off street...the atmosphere was very dark and dingy....although the outside of building loomed decent....there was a lot of cigarette butts outside on the ground around the building....I probably won't ever stay there again

I really only like its location...the building was not secured and the staff barely spoke English

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When first arriving I was told I couldnt be rented to due to the first time I stayed, over 2yrs ago, I didnt report an issue within the first 10mins of entering the room, they overrode it after seeing Id reserved four days. I was harrassed by staff after staying 1 of 4 nights that I HAD to let housekeeper in even though I had DND sign on door and they only need to come in after 3 days. Then told not to smoke (I dont) and I couldnt light candles or incense (it smelled). The site said microwave and fridge in room, I was moved to 3 rooms for various reasons, there werent any in either room. Second room I was moved to smelled like smoke in non smoking facility, third room bathroom wasnt cleaned at all. Its true you get what you pay for.

The location and cheap price.

The shower curtain was not clean. Part of the sink was broke. The constant female activity in and out of the motel all night long. Also bumming cigarettes and money off of customers.

The price.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to go BUY SHEETS ourselves because the ones we had awful odors. Ask the front desk for new ones but guy said couldnt help until morning. Will never stay here again.

The room was very clean. It had everything we needed. We had three people so we had 3 towels, wash cloths, and 3 hand towels. Needed to ask for a hairdryer but it was available a.s.a.p.

Room could've been cleaner. Didn't have a room safe or iron/ironing board. Breakfast not offered, vending machine selection extremely limited. (Didn't even have ginger ale)

Great friendly staff, easy check in and out.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My wife has mobility issues and we were not able to find an open handicapped parking space because we arrived late in the evening. This is not the fault of Motel 6.

My wife and I were looking for a no frills room with a bed. We would be arriving late and leaving early, so we didn't need anything fancy. This was perfect for us. The room was small and efficient. It was great for what we wanted.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Being on the ground floor next to a maintenance / mechanical room, I asked for an upper floor room was told there wasn't any single rooms available except the one I had.. I purposely had asked not to be put next to the laundry room etc.... He said "We do not do laundry overnight" ... being put next to the maintenance/ mechanical room at the end of the hallway was far worse ... My room was two doors down from an outside door that the handle and lock were completely missing and wires were hanging out of the hole... I heard people coming in and out all hours of the night/morning , I kept on hearing doors slamming??.. and sounds I could not explain??... One thing that really concerned me was when I went to the front desk after I checked into my room to ask for another room because I was so disappointed with my room for several reasons: The location of the room,... The bathroom ceiling was patched -over several times and had holes in it,.. The over all condition of the room,.. The drape and the window seat cushion cover were dirty with black marks on them,... Some mold in the bathroom,... Furniture needed a good cleaning- things felt like they had a film on it- sticky... I did not feel safe on the ground floor with all of these other issues... ......and that is when the front desk was renting a room to what I believe was a (prostitute and her John) ... I heard the front desk send them up to the second floor... after I was just told they were completely booked and there were no rooms available on the second or third floor ... but then again, he did say "no single rooms".... And the noise in the hallway right outside my door that never seemed to stop... when I finally was able to get into somewhat of a restful sleep... the cleaning people congregated outside of my room with a child and were very loud .... probably because the maintenance/mechanical room was right next door ??

I was able to get one hour later past check out time for no extra charge ... The bed was clean and comfortable ... The air-conditioner worked.. The toilet, bathtub and sink were clean... I could fill up my Ziploc bag with ice before I left for my journey back home...

The pricing for the room is very high for the quality. Cleanliness was an afterthought.

This property was convenient to the Northland, as well as, downtown. The staff was friendly upon checkin.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We asked for early check-in, but the room was not ready when we arrived. Bed was uncomfortable,springs poked me in my back the while night.

Staff was friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room wasn't ready at check in time. Even though i booked online. I was asked by the front desk lady not to tell anyone. Hallway floors were kind of dirty

Room was clean. Lots of stores and restaurants around the area!

The smell of Indian food was so overpowering. The beds also appeared to be 2 double beds instead of 2 queen beds. I am also not a fan of hardwood floors in a motel room. The remote did not work for TV and there was no dresser in the room. The door to the motels also did not lock ever from the outside so anyone could come in. No pool and no continental breakfast make it not very family friendly in my opinion. The coffee was terrible and the vending machines only took change and not many options worked. Thank goodness there were plenty of gas stations near.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rude employees, I stayed two nights. The shower in my room did not work. I told front desk about it three times with a promise of it being fixed and it was not. Room was not ready when we got there and some appliances did not work. Will never stay at a place like this again. HORRIBLE!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The big sized manager was so rude. He conducts the motel business as if it is about the money to stay in business and not about the welfare and comfort of his customers. Water leaked profusely from the upper floor into the bathroom, flowing out to wet the carpet at the entrance door. I asked him to change my room, all he can tell me is that if I want to check out I can check out at 1:15am that there is no vacant room available.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Exterior Doors could not be locked. Electronic garbage on every floor in stairwells Room door would not shut without slamming. Shower was almost unusable.

Room was clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet was not working when we arrived,but I was able to fix it. The elevator was also broken, but they did fix it within 24 hours.

The room was comfortable but small.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast as far as I could see... no iron in room... no shampoo or conditioner... towels were tiny... bed was not comfortable...

bathroom was renovated...

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Appreciate the pet friendliness with no extra charge. The manager volunteered to move us to a room that was perfect for the pet when he noticed we brought one.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Floor was sticky and had gaps in the laminate. No extras whatsover, not even a coffee pot in the room. The pillows were old and lumpy, seriously lumpy. It was a noisy hotel. Someone called my room in the middle of the night.

It was a cheap room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small, no free breakfast included.

The room was clean and included a microwave and fridge which was nice. Lots of chain restaurants near by, with a Texas Roadhouse across the street. The parking was safe (we had a U-haul Trailer). Perfectly fine room for a one night stay when passing through the town.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the fact I paid two prices. Should have paid what was on the board outside for 59.99. Instead I paid 59.99 for one night then paid 90 for the second.

The staff was very friendly.

Many things. Room Door from inside had a broken knob and so could not bolt. Bathroom faucet splashed water everywhere. Bed may have bugs. Bath shower not functioning well. Linen did not appear to have been washed well and was not fresh. Staff said this is a budget hotel but I paid $100+ per night. Not value for money paid.

It was roomy with no furniture

Bugs. Dirty linen. Small pillows with no support. Only one curtain. When opened, anyone can see inside your room so you end up keeping it closed. Not enough towels provided.

Some staff are nice. Across the street from Texas Roadhouse. Cosco, Walmart, and White Castle nearby. Cheap stay if you need to keep your expenses low, especially when other hotels increase prices when big events are in town.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is one of the worst motels I've ever stayed at. The walls are paper thin and it seemed the majority of the 'guests' were border-line homeless people. Lot's of yelling and screaming from everywhere all night long as well as constant activity in the parking lot.

Nothing. Or maybe glad my vehicle didn't get stolen during the night.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The phone didn't work, the mattress slid around, couldn't get pillows or more towels, the desk clerk came to my door and disrupted our sleep at 7:15 am, with a wake up call we didn't request, I was trying to get some sleep and rest for my drive home (457 miles).

I could plug in my breathing machine.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no coffee maker, shampoo or fridge in room. no continental breakfast. no security all doors wide open. very tiny room. used and new equipment stacked in lobby and stairs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was okay. If you want a simple, basic room with no frills for the night, then this is what you're looking for. Would not stay here if we were visiting Indy for the week. It is what it is.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Super friendly staff! Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Good value for the money, it wouldn't take much to have insanely good value for the money.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The spot where a/c installed was not sealed, pouring in outside air. had to stuff a towel in it. No hair dryer. Other guests were smoking on the floor.

Clean, reasonably priced. Location was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi connection sporadic. Had to go across the street to a 'Ruby Tuesday's' to get online.

Location. Restaurants in the area. A very nice, inexpensive place, in general.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi bad. Maid ask for a tip before she cleaned room.

If you are on business and need good Wi-Fi. This is not the place. Wi-Fi goes in and out 20 to 30 times a day. Was on second floor had to leave room and go to first floor to connect. Terrible Wi-Fi

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was not very clean, and the wifi was REALLY slow. The staff was nice, but overall I probably wouldn't be looking to stay at a Motel 6 again any time soon.

The hotel was fine, and I was grateful to find a room at the last minute.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The floor of our room had something sticky on it, as if someone spilled a drink or something. We wiped it with a damp cloth and it corrected the problem. A bit noisy first night but there was no way for the staff to prevent that.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

At 1am, someone was in the hallway slamming their door. The noise outside was not an issue, but noise inside from the hallway and if the fan was not running you can easily hear your neighbors television. Mattress was a little uncomfortable, but fine for 1 night. Staff was nonexistent on my way out.

This was a last minute booking for the Indianapolis area. FDIC was occurring this week in downtown Indianapolis and most room rates were at least double at hotels I have stayed at in the past in the Indy area as well as full. Although no breakfast was included at Motel 6, this room cost me less than 70 dollars and 4 rooms were available. Clean bathroom and good water pressure. Shower head was in a good location for taller people.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was on the small side not a lot of room to move around and no mini fridge. Plus the only ice maker and vending machine was down stairs in the lobby.

I liked the design, kind of a modern look

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Facilities are run down. The wifi signal barely reached my room and cut out frequently. Minimal effort went in to "updating" the rooms...the mini fridge sits on a styrofoam platform and my 3rd floor room window didn't have a screen if that gives you any indication of what this place is like.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The sheets were hard (starched like). It was a rough sleep because I couldn't get comfortable.

We weren't there but to sleep. My grandson had to have surgery very early the following morning...didn't want to begin driving 3 hours before the surgery. Need a room close to the hospital. The desk clerk(s) were extremely helpful and friendly! The room was very clean & neat.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was a thin mattress on a board my back still hurts will not be staying at motel 6 again very disappointed shouldn't get four stars on Frindly staff and cleanliness

Did not like it all photos were of other rooms not the dinky room I was in

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls were very thin. Which can be a problem depending on who your neighbors are. First 2 nights was very quiet, but second 2 nights I was there I was stuck next to someone who loved to watch tv really late at night which made it a little harder to fall asleep.

Bed sheets were stained. The office wreaked of bad food. And this next thing isn't the staffs fault, but someone farted in the elevator and it made the whole trip and 3rd floor stink.

It had a roof and the staff was nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Absolutely worthless internet access, which forced me, after midnight, to get dressed and leave my room to find a bar with wifi when work called. Bathroom sinks have overwhelming water pressure that shoots water out all over you and on the floor unless you're very careful. Very little bathroom counterspace. No lamps on nightstands, so the lights are either all the way on or all the way off, and they're operated by a switch on the wall that's out of your reach from the bed.

Location was fine. Lots of food options within a mille radius of the property.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was there for 4 nights. They never came into the room until I went to the front desk and gave them my take out trash. The third day they did show up , but only after the complaint .

It was reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude and obnoxious. We checked in at 1am with 3 yr old twins. The key he gave us didn't work. When I took it back he said it was my fault I don't know how to use a key. I asked when the manager: owner would be in and he told me I could leave he wasn't refunding my money or giving me a new key. I said that's fine I'll call the cops since the whole place smelled like marijuana anyways. He gave me a new key instead after yelling at me and telling me I was an idiot who didn't know how to use a hotel key. I have never been treated so awful. I stay in hotels on average 5 times a month. Never. I repeat never. Will I use that motel or that chain again. This motel smelled awful. The staff was so rude. And the address given isn't even correct. There is no North. Which made about an extra 20 minutes of driving to get to it. Awful. So awful. Please don't try to save a buck to stay here. Just spend 10.00 more and be given a little respect!!

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing the place smelt of curry terrible no coffee maker no hairdryer no mirror in main space pillows a mess skinny mattress we went out and brought pillows so bad worst been in

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Shower was like a mist! Elevator was moaning and groaning and inspection document was taped on and it was expired!remote for TV didn't work but desk did give me another one. There was no sign for entrance to the motel. You have to go all around the area motels to find the entrance eventually!The soap they give you is so small only can be used for one shower.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lots of deferred maintenance. We had 3 rooms, all in need of repair. Plumbing issues, drywall holes, missing smoke detector, and I could go on and on. I was surprised that rooms were fairly clean considering the very poor condition of hotel. This booking.com service indicated I scored this hotel 5.4, but 5.4 out of what? I would not recommend this place.

Friendly Staff and relatively clean

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I rented this room for my son. What greatly concerned me is that when my son checked-in he was told that "they" needed a photo copy of the credit card and driver license that was used to make the reservation. Something about they needed it for Booking.com and that they couldn't change that. Needless to say I immediately canceled my card and am waiting the 10 days to get a new card. If that is true it felt very intrusive and I don't know why a photo copy of the front and back of my card would be required. Payment had already been taken from my account. It it is not true someone at the front desk is running a scam.

There was an older cleaning lady that was very sweet and helpful. She seemed full of joy when we encountered her.

Browse Motel 6 Indianapolis North traveller photo gallery