Reviews of Microtel Inn & Suites Leesburg 2 stars

9700 US 441, Silver Lake, FL 34788, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Silver Lake

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need a bigger sign for the office part of the hotel since there isn’t a pull under portico to load and unload.

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Room was clean.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable. A/C made a humming loud sound all night, extension cord was going from fridge to wall socket. Room was dated, TV was located in the corner of room making it hard to see.

location to venue was close

I found roaches in the bathroom. This was a show stopper. Roaches are not only filthy creatures they can also be transported back to your home and cause a problems after u r home.

The room and the facility was okay I thought it was priced a little high but it was doable on short notice.until I found roaches. This was a show stopper. Roaches are not only filthy creatures they can also be transported back to your home and cause a problems after u r home.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was included but not big choices. Included juice coffee cereal muffins. Location of hotels was quite a distance from interstate road, even with GPS was difficult to find.

Bed was comfortable had a good night sleep. Had trouble finding the hotel, called and clerk on staff gave better directions. Rooms were small but clean & comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A/c wasn't quite working properly. But it did cool room down enough for us.

Centrally located to main street. Was there for Leesburg Bike Week.

Loud neighbors at 4 am. Floor in front of shower soft as if rotted

Check out clerk had a problem getting my receipt. She was able to get the receipt and ran out to my car to give it to me

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Frequent stay discount. I have been staying Microtel Inn & Suites Leesburg 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years. The questions about food and safety, coffee (I do not drink coffee and my wife did not this time.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of cigarette smoke. I checked in quite late and alone so decided to stay anyway

It was convenient and reasonably priced. Breakfast was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish there was a restaurants in the area guide

Love the staff. All friendly, patient. Always willing to try and solve any problems. Love the breakfast to go bag. The little note wishing me a good day makes my morning.

alarm clock broken and wouldn't tell time. had to unplug it. no night light in hall- for getting up safely in the dark. older compact fluorescent light bulbs took several minutes to full brightness. a/c-heat motor noisy like worn bearings.

clean comfortable room and bed. shower worked well. TV came right on to a channel- meaning no hotel screens to get around.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a large roach crawling on the wall in my hotel room.

There was a big roach found alive in my hotel room. It was crawling on my wall. However, the front desk staff did take off $64 off the total cost of my stay, which was commendable and appreciated.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I loved the apartment like atmosphere everything was very nice even the linens.

I loved the apartment like atmosphere everything was very nice even the linens

Can’t think of anything

The hotel very clean and comfortable the room was very clean and comfortable and spacious The staff was very good and helpful

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nice people at checking. Loved my little breakfast in a bag. The little note telling me to have a good day. Room was sparkling clean. The best value I have found near leesburg. I will now come every time I'm there on business.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room and facilities were great. My car was a dirty mess on the exterior and was looking for a hose on the outside of the facility. One of the staff asked if I needed help, mentioned what I was looking to do and he offered to get a hose out of storage so I could wash my car. Way past what he needed to do but was more than willing to help me. Really left a positive impression on me. Great young man.

My last day there, I wanted to stay an extra night but they were completely booked (not the problem, I understood) but I was anticipating being able to sleep as soundly as I had been when I got off work at 7am until check-out time but housekeeping was knocking on every door around me tapping on the doors and hollering "housekeeping" 3 times before entering rooms. Needless to say, no sleep that day.

Beds were awesome as well as the pillows. I had to work double shifts at work so was averaging 5 hours of sleep. It was so comfy, I fell right to sleep and slept all the way through.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was super small, very little room to walk around bed. The air conditioner was so noisy, it would wake us up every time it came on. Bedding was very poor. Not nearly enough to cover 2 people. Soap sample in bath was exactly that a slim slice of soap. Very hard to use in shower, which was the worst showerhead I've had to use. Area around sink was so limited in space you couldn't set anthing down. Bathroom itself was so small you could barely turn around. Over all price was too high for what you got. I've stayed in Motel 6's that were much better.

Breakfast was OK, good variety of misc breads , rolls etc. Coffee good. Our room was close to entry as requested.

When I went in to check on my reservation I was greeted by one of the ladies at the desk and she was very rude. I drove 17-18 hours with my kids and was seeing if we were able to check in and she was nasty and rude with me all because we were a little early and we were turned away.

The room was clean. Most of the staff was nice.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No eggs or meat in the breakfast, could not find parking when we arrived after midnight other than at the back of the hotel in a dark place, towels are a little rough but clean and white

It was very clean, the staff is excellent, the room had plenty of space, is centrally located with restaurants within walking distance, area seems to be safe, great coffee and tea 24 hours a day,

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet kept flushing constantly at night. Reported it in the morning and nothing was done. Annoying and kept waking me up in the middle of the night. The most uncomfortable bed that I have every slept in. Asked to have our room cleaned on our way out for the day. Left at 0900 and returned at 2200. Room was not cleaned, bed not made and garbage still in pails. We called front desk and were told that " we only clean every other day." I hate getting into an unmade bed!!! I definitely should not have to do it when I am on vacation.

Quiet. Free breakfast with good selection.

They in the end only charged us for 1 room but the handicapped guest was not able to take a shower as planned due to not having a handicap accessible shower in the room. Only 1 room in hotel had one and it was occuppied.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This walls are so thin. I heard phones ringing from the next room and the person above me was stomping on the floor most of the night and early morning. Also was having problems with the a.c.. it didn't seem to cool the room enough.

The room was clean and the front desk that checked me in was accommodating

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very Loud at night, The AC did not work , Luke warm water 1st. 2 nights no hot water at all the last day. After complaining they credited one night. Not enough !

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the air conditioning didn't keep the room cool which made for a good night rest that could have been a Great night rest if not for the heat waking my wife and I up every 30 minutes

Good location, Good staff.clean , breakfast was good great value for my money

Slightly crowded set up of room with 2 double rooms. Bed was pretty good, pillows were average.

Basic clean accommodations with convenience of fridge and microwave at a reasonable price.

The hotel was fine. On the second night of our stay we had a likage in our room (see pics for reference) and we had to be moved to the only available room at 3 in the morning, with a queen bed when we were 3 of us. When my husband tried to solve the situation with the assistant manager at reception, he received a cold shoulder and he said that he was going to call the Police. My husband was just trying to get the point and some return fair for us. He coincidently also did our check in. He was constantly eating in front of the customers at reception. I'd never recommend this place. We did not even get a simple apology. Only the nigth receptionist was very kind to us and tried to solve the situation.

principal door

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booked two rooms to ride out Hurricane Irma..were turned away because of dog..we ended up in Presidential suiye at Holiday Inn Express...wonderful...this was an emergency and you guysdropped the ball..

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The reception takes up a lot of space at the entrance between the door and the elevators.

(Other comment) They may consider pricing or availability for daily use. I paid the full rate for one night and only used it 2 to 3 hours. It would be ideal if they could have that alternative.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds were rock hard, bad nig hrs sleep...just danish and muffins for breakfast....facility showed pet friendly on the website but when we arrived they said no pets....they did allow and exception thoughh just confusing.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ice machine could have been repaired

The staff was awesome especially Trevor and Summer. Loved the late night cookies that Trevor made for guests! :) There did seem to be an issue with towels with the housekeeper, they were kinda stingy with them. I told the maid one day that my room was fine and could she just change out my towels for clean ones and she said she didn't have any. That stumped me, a maid with no towels made no sense to me. The ice machine was broken on my floor the whole time I was there, nearly a week, that was inconvenient for me, to have to go upstairs or downstairs every day for ice. But otherwise I was comfortable and felt safe there by myself for nearly a week and I will book there again as it is a great location to visit my family close by.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast never happened the second morning they were out of everything, the a.c. leaked and saturated the floor, stain on the ceiling above from a.c. on third floor.

Nothing was likeable even the luggage cart was awkward and small.

Complained about my kids talking, and said they dont accept pets but there were 2 dogs barking at another room. Room was full of roaches

Booking.com is amazing but not the hotel

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked to have had a printer in the Business Center. Also a light switch DIRECTLY by my bed rather than having to get out of bed to turn the above bed light on/off

3 girls at the front desk were exceptionally helpful I am 75 and was trying to print an email BUT u have no printer in your business center. So they helped me get it printed I think their names wereStefanie,Shirley and Alona.

the pool

Room was comfortable breakfast was good didn't care for the pool because there are no lounge chairs to relax by the pool so I didn't use the pool at all

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Underlying carpet odor which was masked with cups of nasty air fresheners placed in the rooms. Hairs on comforter...not mine.

They had tea and water available in the lobby

Front desk was rude. She was having an argument with another customer in front of us and we got the impression that we were bothering her and we were interrupting her from what she really wanted to do because the A.C. in our room wasn't cooling. We had to change rooms because there was no repairs on site.

Location and that's pretty much it.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This year when we came we stayed 5 nights not one time did they change our bedding. The bed was uncomfortable the AC was loud and the bathroom sink was clogged. It was so much nicer the first time here. Last year they changed the sheets every other day. The halls weren't vacuumed either.

Well we came here same time last year and the price was great and location was good. It was our first time there so the lady at the desk upgraded us to a suite for free.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was pleased with everything and so was my husband. The room was small, but how much room do you need to sleep. I wanted to go to the pool but it was storming, I know it would have been nice.

I had a hard time going to sleep because of the noise above our room, it sound like someone was moving chairs or something, but it kept on into the wee hours. The hotel and service was excellent and we would stay there again, by the way, we came down for the 2nd time to buy a home in Tavares, we will be back! Thank you so much, Dianne and Bernie Cost

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Torn Curtain which allowed the morning sun to come into the room....VERY BAD!!!

comfortable room, however the torn curtain allowed the morning sun into the room VERY EARLY and it made the motel sort of cheezy . I really expected more from a Wyndham property!!!!!

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Even though I was only in the room for just a few hours (approximately 3) the overall comfort of the room was great.. The one thing that I didn't really like was the fact that the sheets and covers were extremely tight on the bed making it difficult for me to lay down and get comfortable right away.

The night shift Manager and the young lady that checked me in were extremely courteous and very outgoing when I arrived. Even though the wake up call system was not working, the young lady was kind enough to knock on my door at the exact time that I had requested a wake up call for.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

House keeping didn't clean our room one day and the next morning wanted to get in about 9am. I have worked in house keeping and we didn't clean extended stay rooms till 11 am giving them time to shower and eat.

Could use more of a breakfast selection. Biscuits and gravy and eggs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had roaches.. They stole my security deposit over a small bit ashes that were found in the room and accuse me of smoking and stole my $250 security deposit

All good.

Breakfast was good. Pancakes, oatmeal, fruit, cereal and pastries. The staff was friendly and attentive and housekeeping was very efficient.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I am a repeat customer visiting family in the area and the day desk clerks recognize me and take care of me. I arrived at midnight and the night auditor assigned me to a room that was directly across the hall from ice machine and elevator, AND the room had virtually no view because it was obstructed by the pitched roof over the entrance way.

The daytime desk clerks recognize me and are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are clean and housekeeping is top shelf. Have stayed in both the rooms with one queen bed and two and opt for the larger room when someone is with me, but I usually travel alone to check in on my 91 year old Mom in assisted living.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were extremely flat, hallway cleanliness was poor, and after 8 days had to ask to get my sheets changed. Noise really carried

The room was clean, the bed comfy,breakfast was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was a lot smaller than it looked in pictures. There was ironing board , but no iron...bathroom could have been cleaner...

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room itself very clean. Location was wonderful although challenging with traffic to get to.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This isn't their fault but I stayed here because everything in and around disney was booked. So I had to drive over an hour to stay here, like I said not their fault. Other than that seriously no complaints

It is exactly what I needed. Clean Bed, Clean Bathroom, quick easy and free breakfast in the morning!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Our a.c in the room was on when we arrived but never cooled off. Maitenance told us we had it on to low even though apparently housekeeping left it on. They switched us rooms and still the a.c didn't cool the room. Also other guest told us they had the same problem. We could have gotten a room with working a.c at a much cheaper price.

Customer service at the front desk was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

not much of a breakfast selection

The room was small but it fit our needs . when we booked i thought we were getting 2 queen beds in a room and the man at the front desk upgraded us to a queen and a pull out couch to accomodate us. it also had a small kitchen. and price was fair, room was clean.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

If they had 24 hr coffee with cookies or or some sort of snacks in the lobby area.

The room was certainly clean and spacious. They have a great staff with a laid back attitude.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much interest in my problem

I've stayed at microcell before and never had any problem , unfortunately this trip wasn't so good I stayed in room 204 and water was dripping through the ceiling all night peventing us from sleeping I was scared the ceiling was going to come down . I informed reception who never even apologized for the upset caused I've always liked this hotel but maybe think twice next time

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Visibility of the sign on the street, almost drove past the hotel. Neighboring hotel sign in the line of sight.

No problem with the trip. Will book again if needed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We found a roach in the bathroom each morning of our 2 day stay.

The staff offered a discount as a result of our concern over finding an insect in our bathroom.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely accommodating as I was there to pay my last respects to my father. Very concerned with how I was doing and asked me daily if I needed anything, etc.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I paid almost $77.00 for a room that did not come with a fridge or microwave. The tv sat on top of the closet cabinet which made it extra difficult to watch. The room was very small and cramped. Definitely not worth the money I paid. Plus there was a roach crawling around. Breakfast did not include eggs, biscuits, or sausages. Just oatmeal, cereal, and a lot of pastries and bread. Was definitely expecting more.

Comfortable bed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything could have been better. See above notes.

Nothing. Small room. The air conditioning did not work properly. Very hot. Terrible breakfast selection

Slow elevater. Sorry thats all

I found the staff very proffesional and friendly even the cleaning ladies Will stay there again.loved staying there.Thank you

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in the room; The AC did not keep a constant temperature not much of a breakfast ( no eggs)

We were unable to find a place in Mount Dora, and This location was really not that far of a drive, and had a lot of different places to dine.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

LOTS of interior noise. Walls and doors extremely thin. Guests in hallway were not "noisy," but noise came through walls and doors quite easily. Shower/toilet of adjacent room were virtually unbuffered. This property is a good 30-min ride from the Lake Sumter Landing section of The Villages.

Limited selections, but fresh and clean. Attendant kept items stocked and area very clean. She was friendly and engaging.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My wife checked the bed as soon as we entered the room.... Dirty sheets. Called front desk and they brought up clean sheets right away. Room smelled musty, bathroom smelled like an old mop had been used, shower head covered in what looked like calcium deposits. Overall a very dissapointing experience. We've come there for years, this is our first bad event. We won't be back!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

I wish the coffee in the room had at least creamer packets to go with. The staff -_-. I stayed for one night and booked through booking.com another room to stay an extra night, but still save money. I was told to come back at 3pm. That's fine. I came back around 8:30pm and yes there was a hold on my card for the room since the morning off. I received email confirmation for this room. I arrived and I was told they had no rooms available even after showing my reservation. I was told to call booking.com there is nothing they can do on their end. I was tired, emotionally drained from mediation (yes, the hotel was used as mediation as well for our privacy). I did not call. I left and I just cried. No hotel, no mediation, and I honestly was just exhausted. I stayed at a friends house. Also the first night my card was swiped and declined. I used another card that I really did not want to use. I even informed the lady there is money on the card, but she was adamant it declined. Guess what? The card I used for the second reservation was with the so called card that kept declining. It went through and I had the staff member (another individual) that morning swipe it. It worked, plus, I worked for the bank (I know my finances)so I knew my card is not the problem! I did not make a fuss about it until now. Just an ordeal I really did not need on top of everything else.

I enjoyed the room itself. Breakfast was good. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was very loud. There was a bad odor in the room (moldy) maybe. The Hampton Inn and Microtel are very close and it was hard to find the driveway after dark especially the first time as it was late when we arrived.

The staff was accommodating and friendly. The room was neat and the bathroom clean.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The manager Alona was a little aloof, seemed inexperienced. The Kleenex box was empty. The rooms were not what we were told we would have, should have had a refrigerator and 2 queen beds. My friends rooms were also not as expected. My husband and I stayed there 2 years ago and that is why we booked this time, won't stay there any more. Also after he took his shower, the water was not hot for my shower. Two of us couples were able to get rooms more to our liking but the cost was $30.00 more. Also don't like the entrance, it's abrupt getting off the highway. Feel bad because I recommended this place to our friends and they had even worse experience than us, their toilet seat fell off. The place is not being taken care of and repairs are needed, one of the other couples couldn't get the stopper out of the tub. NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN

The bed was comfortable and the pillow was also very comfortable. The staff members, David, Jeffery and Serafina were helpful and very nice and pleasant.

The staff members are confused on hotel policies, I received a confirmation but my room was not ready when I arrive. The manager ended up comping me a night because of the confusion. There are other hotels in the area for same price if not less.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

staff at check-in was not friendly. Had to wait two hours to get our room until manager was nice enough to let us check in at 2:00 PM instead of 3:00 PM.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would of like to have a small microwave

The room was very clean, it was quiet during the night the water for the shower was hot and relaxing and the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were on the second floor. You could hear every movement of the people in the room above us, especially terrible at 5 am. Sounded like they were dropping bricks on the floor every time they walked.

Bed was very nice. Staff were very pleasant.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room very small, no refrig or microwave, no comfy chair, skimpy breakfast. Paid too much for limited accommodations.

Clean although witnessed and spoke to one guest who had hair in bed and smelly pillows. Received new sheets but made his own bed. Checked mine for sure after that.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No access to wifi in room; password didn't work anytime! No frig, microwave info not told to us BEFORE room reservations .

Good location. Fairly quiet. Great pancake machine!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

No telephone . It didn't work and family couldn't get in touch. When we informed staff did not seem to be interested. Pool area is in a poor spot ,No sun although the weather was perfect.

Room was nice and a decent size.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything I didn't like!!

Very clean very friendly everyone smiling and good staff they enjoyed my 15 month old daughter and interacted with her very friendly and clean smells really clean and the rooms were pristine!!! I'll start staying here every time I come back down from NC:)

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I could hear the people on either side of me, above me and out in the hall, Very noisy. Staff is not engaging or friendly, they could take lessons from Hampton employees. Breakfast served too late, had to purchase breakfast elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Breakfast could be better.

Staff was friendly. Room clean. The curtain rod was tilted and let a lot of water in the floor - unpleasant. Family didnt like the breakfast - too much starch and no protein.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no fridge in the room, microwave was in the breakfast room, a little inconvenient

good location for me, helpful, pleasant staff, good breakfast, nicest place I stayed at in this price range.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Bed was the worst I have EVER tried to sleep on! If there had been a chair in the room I would have slept on it and I seriously considered going to the car to sleep. Actually got NO sleep the entire night! Probably should have slept on the floor-would have been softer.