Reviews of Microtel Inn & Suites Lincoln 2 stars

#47 of 59 hotels in Lincoln

6.2

6.2

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The laundry room was small and hot 1washer 1dryer to small and it is not something I would do again I would find a laundry mat the cost $2 a load but the dryer had to be ran twice to get a regular size load dry.Its extremely small hot and total cot $4-$6 a load

Staff was friendly and overall the motel was quiet. The stay was relaxing

I wish they would have replaced those old microwaves in the room with modern one because they seem old and do not even warm up food .

I like the sport channel , which was good for me to watch NBA,soccer,and other while on my bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Some of the jets in the whirlpool were not working.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Enjoyed the window bench. Several nearby eateries in a variety of price ranges.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room’s clean. Bathroom is neat and clean. Light over bed is perfect. Carpet clean and no smell. Room is small, but well equipped. I like this hotel very much.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First, I know I paid for a suite but it showed a queen room. The prices were really high because of UNL graduations. I think we ended up paying $500 for queen room 2 night and queen suite 1 night. I will probably never book this place again. The rooms had a funky smell that made me sick. I think it was mold because I had to take allergy pills the whole time.I feel if I had gotten the suite originally, I wouldn't of needed the 2nd room.

The air worked well.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I only have one complaint and that is the room I stayed in, 205, smelled like pet pee, very strongly. It smelled really really bad.

It looked just like the pictures and was very nice. It was actually a little bigger than expected, which was nice.

Dirty No rules regulating guest cooperation kids running up and down halls till 2am Front desk was not there At 8pm to check in lobby was full of ppl waiting took 15 minutes He didn't apologize Hotel wreaked like a old porta potty It's location is in a crappy area Sketchy ppl stay here

Huge tv in room Back wall behind beds was all mirror

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It looked like someone scratched the paint off the walls in a violent manner. The bench cushions in the room were disgusting and have never been cleaned with visible dirty marks on them

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was surprised to be greeted by a staff wearing a hoodie with the hood up. Also found the refrigerator in my room being defrosted but staff promptly wiped out and plugged in refrigerator for my use. There were some needed repairs.... bath sink was cracked and bathroom door had a hole in it

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. Room wasn't the cleanest. Bedding had holes in it. Mirrors in room were very questionable. Outlets didn't work. Shower had no pressure and shower head was horrible. Spa area was dirty, no towels, water was dirty and smelled. Breakfast was all sweets and didn't taste great. Staff sat at front desk in phones entire time, not welcoming at all. Coffee at breakfast was HORRIBLE. Was double charged for our room.

Outside of building looked nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

In major need of some deep cleaning and stain removal. I could never get my TV to work, signal was too weak. Several questionable stains on soft surfaces. Could hear the elevator 3 rooms away, can't imagine how loud it was in the room next to it. Coffee in the breakfast area was ...well...not recognizable.

I liked the price. The location is easy to find and located close to downtown. Coffee in the room was good. Staff was nice. Pretty quiet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Assignned a room that wasn't cleaned. Used soap and hair were in the sink. Door lock didn't work properly. Breakfast bar was filthy. Waffle maker hadn't been cleaned in awhile.

Management fairly reserved not too friendly.

Too many carbs offered at breakfast, eggs? Didn't see any would of been nice. Room fridge door opens really hard because they put a shelf below it that catches on door.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our bathroom door knob was broken and he got trapped in the bathroom. At check in the guy at the desk made a very sexually inappropriate joke that made us feel uncomfortable.

The room was adorable and the tv was big (husbands favorite part)

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the front desk shorted me on change as of i wouldn't notice

The room was cozy and clean! I really liked the hot tub and pool area and would really recommend this property to others!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room is dated. There is a slight smell. Carpet is old. We had noise problems from other guests, late at night (doors made lots of noise, and people were coming and going until 1 pm, on Sunday night!).

The staff was friendly, timely, and helpful. The first room we booked was too small, so the staff upgraded us with no hassle, great upgrade price, and prompt assistance. The second room has good lighting, comfortable couch, very large flat-screen TV. DirectTV provides the television content. The bed was reasonably comfortable. The bedding was comfortable. The pillows were just right, for me. The bathtub was adequate for both shower and bath for a short person (I'm 5'4"). The amenities are good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bigger rooms, more towels, thicker towels, better pillows. More choices for breakfast

Eggs? No eggs or bacon or meat. Clean and small and value for budget conscious people.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Lighting, and quiet. The laundry was on the other side of the wall and started at 6 am. The parking lot is irregular asphalt, dangerous walking conditions, and the stalls are spaced for mini-cars. The fitness center elliptical and bikes were broke, but the treadmill worked fine. Lights in the room are inadequate.

the waffle maker was a plus, but no eggs or meat. Lighting is poor, so we purchased night lites at Walmart so we wouldn't need to keep the TV on at night for light. The staff is helpful. For the price, it is a bargain but it's no 5 star.

When I checked in I asked can I pay for one night and my brother the other night and was told no?? Next day my brother did pay but now I noticed I paid for two night 4 days before I checked in and my brother paid for one night . I called on the 10th and was told I'll get a credit back in 5 days??? I guess I'll check. Not sure if all this is the hotel or booking.com who I used for first time

You could tell that someone had smoked in the room. It was stale and stuffy. There was dried gum on the carpet. The bathroom floor was sticky. Never heard a vacuum running when they were cleaning the rooms.

The bed was comfy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Food left over in fridge from previous guests. Some sort of glue dripping all over fridge from counter above. Vent fan cover in bathroom falling off. Room door latch wasn't operating all the way; had to barge the door open to get in. Sticky rings left over on counter from previous guests drinks that wasn't cleaned up. Not good cleanliness and needs mechanical attention. Wasn't too impressed...

Comfortable bed. Liked the way the room was laid out.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room was very, very small, toilet ran all the time, bed was not comfortable, no additional lock for your room, smoke alarm covered with a wash cloth, small bath towels. Hard of hearing and tv couldn't be turned up, refrigerator had so much ice in the small freezer that it was gross, and didn't to be replaced.

close to where we were going

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Entire hotel was non smoking. This meant that it had been non smoking for the last two weeks. All the non smoking rooms smell like smoke. The walls and carpet were filthy with drips down the wall in the toilet area, etc.

The rooms were disgusting! Chair was covered in white stains, not only was it run down but it was not clean! Our non smoking room would smell like cigarette smoke. I did not feel safe, we were on the first floor and our window wasn't even locked. Used condom in the parking lot.

The pool area was disgusting. Bugs in the water. The floor needed scrub brushed.the floor tiles and grouted ares looked filthy and moldy. Black in places. Walls and baseboards dirty.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to walmart to get 2 littlers of pop. Has a swimming pool. There some restaurants less then a 5 blocks from the hotel so you dont have to go far. If you have kids or like me a kid with you and you have time in the afternoon or evening before 9 you can take your kids to a lincoln childrens museum witch is only about a 10 mintue drive or 4 miles from the hotel.

• Queen Suite - Smoking

I work as a custodian for a school district and I believe the cleaning staff here is slacking a lot. The place needs a professional cleaning service to go completely through here.

The bed was comfy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booked a queen room and when arrived they said they didn't have one had to spend more money which wasn't budgeted for. gave us room keys and housekeeping was still cleaning. room keys didn't work breakfast was awful no silverware place was a mess

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was fairly new and had all the facilities we wanted including an indoor pool and spa. The laundry facilities were also welcome and the breakfast was ideal. We checked out early and the staff were helpful in giving us a breakfast to take with us. The hotel was a short distance from the quilt museum.

• Queen Room

The staff was rude. The place was run down. If the people upstairs flushed their toilet, it set ours off and it was super loud! The floor felt wet & sticky the entire time we were there. The tv volume wouldn't increase even thought you press the volume button. The bathroom took a long time to de-fog. The lights were extremely harsh. And the refrigerator made weird loud rattling sounds almost every hour. I had to kill a few large spiders in the bathroom as well.

The shower actually had water pressure.

• Queen Room

Bathroom ceiling peeling into bathtub. Water in tub could not be turned off. Asked for non smoking room. Room smelled like very stale cigarettes. Causing me asthma problems. Water stains on ceiling in bathroom as well as in sleeping ate. The halls and breakfast area were not air conditioned. And breakfast! Peanut butter stake. They only allowed for half a waffle greasy old Danish. Coffee extremely weak. I am a traveler! I will never recommend this place and a 2.5 is too generous a rating. It should be -10!

Notjing!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Desk clerk was away from deso arrival...room was not very clean and the room upstairs with kida were juming around and made alot of noise all night long!!

Sleep

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was rude and not helpful, one employee was even barefoot. Everything in our room had a layer of dust and dirt over it, the day bed looked filthy, our bathroom sink was filled with gnats and the pool was also filled with hundreds of bugs. We tried fishing them out with a net and there were far too many. The pool was the most disappointing part of the place.

I like that they offer free breakfast, but it wasn't amazing and didn't seem clean

The window seat and chair were dirty, stained and crumbs on them. A little upholstery cleaner and vacuum would take care of it. I wouldn't sit on either the way they were. Some improvement is needed.

Beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room

The cushion in the window seat was dirty/stained. There was one little hair on my bed sheets. i was able to overlook it for the price and that everything else was decent.

Friendly staff at desk. For the price, you'd probably consider it a very good deal. Nothing fancy but seemed clean for the most part.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Won't stay again at a place that allows smoking in some of the rooms. Hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. In fact, whole place smelled like an ashtray.

Breakfast was typical for free breakfast. Pastries were good and waffle was good. Coffee was below average. Only dry creamer or French Vanilla creamer.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hard bed; towels and wash cloths VERY rough; towels, wash clothes, & bedding all had blood & other stains, wall by bed had an unknown substance on it approx just below waist high and down that appeared to have been squirted onto the wall and appeared to be ejaculate!

Low price secured through booking.com

• Queen Suite - Smoking

The furniture was all stained I didn't want to use it. The bathroom had stuff stuck to the walls, the light fixture above the bed was broken, nails sticking out, just didn't look appealing.

The pricing was good for what you got in the room.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty. Stains on pillow cases. Tub was very dirty. Mirrors and surfaces were super gross (sticky, finger prints, gunk, etc). Alarm clock was filthy, looked like a science project. People argued loudly in the hallway for about 3 hours at 2am and woke me up. I called front desk to deal with it and they did nothing. I was exhausted the next day (alarm clock never went off btw). I had originally intended to stay 2 nights, but I moved to a different hotel the next day. I never give negative reviews, but it was a bad experience, wouldn't recommend it or stay again.

Free wifi. Easy parking.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No bedside reading light--the overhead lights too bright. No entry light working. TV remote did not work. Very cheap amenities. Room coffee maker did not work No liquid half & half available for coffee in public dining space. The room was incredibly hot--sauna-like hot-- (around 30 degrees outside) and the only way it would cool down was to turn on the noisy air conditioning.

Person behind desk was helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The toilet wouldnt flush. I had to stick my hand down the back of the tank to reattach the chain. The heating/cooling unit wouldnt work, once maintenance "fixed" it, the heat finally came on, but wouldnt shut off at the assigned temp. So i had to get up in the middle of the night to shut it off and turn it back on. The bed was ok, but the pillows were old, flat and hard. There was some type of oily looking substance on one of the walls. Clearly there are smoking rooms as i could smell smoke the whole time i was there. :-( Free shampoo, but no conditioner?????

Cheap price!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Place was filthy from the entrance where the welcome rug was terribly dirty with a beer can in the corner, to the elevator which has not seen a cleaning in a long time. Our room was terrible. There was old food under the cushions on the couch to a filthy microwave oven. Cobwebs in the corners, I could go on and on...

So upset with the overall condition of our room and the hotel itself, we did not have breakfast...

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Free breakfast was nothing compared to what you get in Texas. Even if hotel operated by someone of another nationality.... No bacon... No sausage... Nothing 😕

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The heater rattled when it would engage. The toilet handle broke so that you had to lift the cover to flush the toilet. The desk clerk was at best "subdued" and quiet. The bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke when the fan came on. I experienced this at another Microtel in Florida and not exactly sure why. I would have a hard time recommending a stay here. There are many more affordable motels in Lincoln with much better service and amenities.

The breakfast was good and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The climate control or thermostat was not good at all. I experienced a 30 degree shift in temperature in a less than 300 square foot room a few times in every hour, makes it difficult to sleep!

The staff was friendly and accommodating! The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Queen Suite - Smoking

It was loud all night long , people outside screaming , doors slamming all hours of the night , people in hallways hollaring

Rooms were nice overall , needs to be little updated

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Grounds and common areas were a little tired. Pool was small and most jets in the spa were broken.

Room was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. Great shower. Staff was extremely helpful when our lock didn't work at first, got us in our room quickly and had the problem fixed when we returned later in the evening.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was clean but you could tell it was cleaned quickly and not the best it could have been. We stayed in a 2nd story room on the front of the building, all night I could hear the people upstairs walking around it almost sounded like they were just jumping everywhere they walked. I could hear the next door neighbors talking, not loud enough to hear every word but it was definitely noticeable. Every time a door in the hallway closed it sounded like they were slamming it shut. Whether it was talking or the bass of a car I could hear way too much noise outside too! Then at 6am once everyone got up to check out I could hear everything x10! Typically I'm not a light sleeper but I was up atleast every couple hours due to the extreme noise, we tend to travel quite a bit and I've never been to a motel with such noise! On top of all the extra noise I had the heater on and it was soo loud I finally had to turn it down so it wouldn't run soo often and if it wasn't that when the refrigerator was running it was loud too! If you're used to a soft bed these are definitely not what you are looking for, it was very firm, not soo firm to be too uncomfortable but not what I am used to. All and all I would not stay here again it was just way too loud for me, and by far the worst sleep I've had in years at a motel.

The staff was friendly and let us check in over 3 hours before check in time, the room wasn't clean yet so we got to check in and went back later which worked out perfect for us. The layout of our room was very comfortable. We had a queen bed "suite" it had a living room area with a sink, microwave, coffee pot and fridge.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Accidentally left phone charger plugged in. When I called a few hours after we left, I was told nothing was turned in. It had to be there when the room was cleaned. Disappointed.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool area needs to be refinished. The hot tub jets did not work. The maintenance man took a look but did not seem interested in fixing the problem. The main pool was very small and cold. Both this pool and the hot tub need work.

The room was clean and large enough for my family. The continental breakfast had more variety than I expected.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Pool & hot tub were not clean. Cont. Breakfast was little to nothing. Trash was overflowing to floor. That area also was not clean, and nobody there to restock.

Room was clean, beds were fine. Fan in bathroom...loud and dirty.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was a mess inside. There were always piles of dirty laundry in the hallways. Also, the inside of the room was not handy. The bathroom light switch was on the wall by the door to the hallway, not the wall next to the bathroom.

• Queen Room

On a rainy Sunday morning, at 9:30 am sharp, with 5 people just entering the breakfast area, the attendant began taking things away and was annoyed looking. Not hospitable.

I liked that breakfast was offered.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Smoking

Stains on lots of furniture, in the room. The coffee table top was nasty. The bathroom floor was sticky. Some of the carpet was wet. The room smelled damp. Please clean the room!!

The room looked updated.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Extremely damp rooms with strong odors. When they gave us our key cards, they actually opened up a room door that already had someone staying in it. Made us wonder if someone else would get keys to our room.

Nothing to comment.

Breakfast was good. The pool and hot tub hour's were great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The employees are nice and housekeeping emp are great

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was ok. Tv didn’t work at sign-in but was fixed

Pool and hot tub everything was ok

The bed bugs.

The room set up was nice.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Small pool, small rooms, very outdated. Actually kind of sketchy and we paid almost $200 for one room.

Not much

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Price

Bed was comfy, spacious and convienent staff was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our non smoking room reeked of smoke, smoke detector was taking off the ceiling and put in the desk.

Staff was friendly. Bathroom was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was really small but good price.

The beds we're comfortable, and HUGE TV!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The blow dryer started on fire and we had used toiletries in the bathroom.

Not much

Always nice room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

not much space in a queen room, tv was too big for the room

comfortable bed

Clean and comfortable

Hot tub wasn’t hot

Ok good service good

It was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was really small

Very accombinating and clean

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was spacious an comfortable

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Sheets could of been cleaner

Nice rooms easy location to find

Clean but a little outdated pool area not the greatest pool

It was clean very friendly staff good breakfast