Reviews of Midtown Convention Center Hotel NYC 3 stars

522 W 38th Street, Hell's Kitchen, New York, NY 10018, USA

#392 of 415 hotels in New York

6.1

Very disappointed with your website to promote this Inn
    • Queen Room

Filthy place making me sick today

It’s a best western filthy Inn not a convention center as the name! Bad smelling carpet hotel, Clogging water in the sink and bathroom! Get sick and dissatisfied!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Rooms were small but comfortable

Area around it.

Staff were very good got a bit of a shock when i say the area around it. But you get what you pay for.it was within walking distance of most attractions.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Clean but Noisy.
    • Queen Room

I’ve stayed in a few different hotels in NYC, this was convenient for location for the things we wanted to do (The Intrepid Museum, Times Square) but in a noisy location. Our room was overlooking the train line and my parents room was opposite the all-night car repair garage. I know noise can’t be helped. We occasionally had to wait for a table at breakfast as was always busy (served between 7-10am) but food offered was fresh and choice was good. Bed was made everyday and towels replenished. Bed was quite small and pillows were very thick. For a NYC, good location hotel, it was good value for money. Overall - 3/5.

The location was a little run down but only a short 10 minute walk from Times Square.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

- A/C worked well
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

- I arrived 15 mins earlier than check-in time (3 pm) so they asked me to wait. When I went again at 3 pm they asked me to wait for 10 more mins as housekeeping was preparing the room. Don't they have 11 am - 3 pm just for this purpose? Will I get 10 more mins during checkout? - Rooms were pretty small. We had to move stuff around just to make space for keeping our suitcase on the luggage rack. - Breakfast was average. The only fruits were orange and apple (with apple missing most of the time).

- A/C worked well - Location is okayish

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Crap, one nice employee, nice mattress. Don’t stay here

Read above

This was a total scam. There wasnt any room to be named a conference center the breakfast area on main floor had all the linen for the rooms not clean and used , I was so mad I actually took pictures. Booking .com in my mind takes partial blame. Do you just collect money or does someone from book.com visit these places? Even though I was charged for room before I arrived , I now have a $100 for deposit taken from my account. They say I will get it back in 3days. I hope i do, if I have a problem this will be my last use for your site.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

• Queen Room

Transaction fee on top of bill and had to put a 100 dollar deposit neither of which I had been informed of . Have to wait for up to a week for it to be refunded

Worst experience ever :/ really bad
    • Queen Room

Broken door closet, room smells really bad, poor cleaning, stained old bath towels, stained sheet at bed (I think it was a period blood), the guy at the front desk was rude (he doesn’t help me at all with luggage or anything)... I’m very disappointed.

NICE PLACE TO STAY - great location!

Carpets and walls at the hallway looks dirty. Rooms look bigger on the website.

Its a hotel for people with no high expectations. Very friendly staff and helpful to assist with any request or questions. Great location, walking distance to Penn Station, Time Square etc.. Rooms are quite small, and some furniture are unneccessary, easily could be removed and replaced to safe a space, however had all we needed (iron, amenities, fresh towels, AC, coffee, tea). Nice breakfast from 7am, waffles, toasts, muffins, apples, fit yoghurts, tea, coffee, juices, eggs, and everybody will find something to start a day. Lots of maps and brochures available, computer near reception with a printer. Good WIFI and I do recommend that place.

Great hotel

The plastic plates and cups at breakfast are a bit cheap, the plugs in the rooms could do with some updating as they’re a bit loose

Clean, friendly staff, great location, not too noisy, decent breakfast

Good location and friendly helpful staff saved the day.

Bathroom flooded when we arrived because of a leaking tap. Staff cleaned up and fix was placing a towel around the tap to soak up leak. Stayed 4 nights and we don’t think the filthy carpet was vacuumed in that time nor was the leaking tap fixed during the stay.

Staff excellent and couldn’t be more helpful

Horrible experience!

The water didn’t work the first two day we stayed there and after it was turned back on we noticed bites on our legs. Once I got back home I had dinner with a nurse friend who told me they were bedbug bites. I since have emailed them and have received no response and I’ve been calling for the past two days and no answer no voicemail. NOT WORTH IT!

It was nice that they provided breakfast

Good staff bad facility, pass!

The mattress was very old and the linen worn out, you could feel the stickiness. The window drabs very dusty and by the way just decorative, they don't close. Bathroom was mouldy and the bathtub was not draining properly so the water doesn't flow away when you shower... You can imagine the gross water from the drain coming back and touching your feet😢gross! The street where the hotel is located seemed to be garbage collection point at night and during the day a bus packing( simply ugly). Definitely not value for money, look elsewhere

The staff were all very nice and friendly. The breakfast was really good. Check in and check out very efficient.

For the cost- this hotel is very good. Clean and with friendly staff ans an included breakfast.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A few things in the room where broken- the blinds, towel rails etc. This didn't bother us, we were just a little worried that staff may have thought we had caused these broken things. Also when the window is open we had to jam something in between everytime to hold it open as it automatically closed again. These however where extremely minor.

The staff where very friendly and more than helpful. The rooms where cleaned everyday. Location was very good for a variety of attractions. Breakfast was included which was a good bonus.

• Queen Room

The hotel is a little tired looking but other than that it’s fine.

The staff were very polite and helpful, the room was smaller than we thought, but it was just to sleep in, the bed was very comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast is an added bonus. It’s very close to all the main areas, would recommend this hotel.

Beat our expectations
    • Queen Room

Very little. It was a bit far down some no so friendly looking street although anyone we met had a smile and a wave. The tv only had a few channels. None of these really mattered as we really only used it a base to see the city.

We stayed September 11th to 15th 2018. It was well above what we expected. We thought it would be a small step above a hostel. Rooms were clean. Staff were friendly. The breakfast was very good. Beds were comfortable. The main point, we would certainly stay here again.

Very clean.
    • Queen Room

Staff knowledge at the reception and breakfast. But at the same time, this is good for the price you are paying as compared to other hotels in NY.

Very clean.

Disappointed

The poor quality, laundry bags in the door way gave it our first ad impression , plastic plates, cups and cutlery, room was dirty, and smelly. Very disappointed, nothing like its pictures on line.

The location was the only good thing about it.

Terrible. It looked like "Bates Motel". :/

Well, where can I start....? The bed sheets had hairs on it and stains on the day we've arrived. The bathroom: the bathtub was clogged and we stayed like that for 3 days. It was disgusting! I don't know how the stewards couldn't see it. At least when I talked with the receptionist the problem was fixed. BUT when it was fixed WE STAYED FOR 3 LONG DAYS WITHOUT HOT WATER. They said they were fixing and so on but nothing happened and WE'VE DECIDED FOR LEAVING THE HOTEL (we had reservation for 7 days and left on our 4th). :/ Bad bad baaaad experience!!!! I don't desire it not even for my worst enemy. Ohhh, and some more things: 1) the breakfast was included in the hotel daily rate and right in the first day we've discovered why: it was horrible! The worst and ugliest cooked eggs I've ever seen in my life! It was every single day the same stuff offered: eggs, hamburger, bread, pancake dough (there's a machine where you can do your own pancakes), some sweet roll, yogurt. All the same things.... every single day! :( 2) one afternoon I had to stay in my room (I was sick) and the steward opened the door despite of the "privacy please" card I'd left in the doorknob. Terrible. I had to close again the door she left open and she was just about to enter it.... 3) the stewards didn't change every day the toilet soap, they've tried to save in all the things they could.... terrible. Unfortunately we hadn't take any pics.... we didn't want to have any memories of it and if I've known we'd left, I had taken to save here for everyone to see it.... it is serious. If I could leave one piece of advice is: DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL! For your own safe. ;)

ONLY ADVANTAGE: LOCATION.

Staff were friendly, breakfast was good and there were...
    • Queen Room

Dated accommodation but similar to many other hotels I’ve stayed in while in NY.

Staff were friendly, breakfast was good and there were nearby restaurants.

Good location hotel with comfortable bed
    • Queen Room

The carpet in the room needs a proper cleaning. No hot water at arrival- i would have expected an info about that before paying for the full stay. Coffee machine and lamp in the room not working.

Comfortable bed, good breakfast, great location.

The rooms were clean.
    • Queen Room

There is only one elevator and it is pretty slow. The cable is also very limited.

The rooms were clean. There is a complimentary breakfast which is simple but nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

No cable tv, only got like 12 channels very poor reception...
    • Queen Room

No cable tv, only got like 12 channels very poor reception on most of them. Like 5 satellite dish instruction channels that did not work when you tried to do what they said

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Shower less hotel
    • Queen Room

The hotel ran out of hot water for. 2.5 days and it was 32 degrees out - no alternatives were made to get a hot shower. The rooms were dated and in need of painting, they also weren't. Very big.

Staff were great

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Extremely disappointed with this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water in the shower. Air conditioning not working properly Nowhere to leave your luggage except out in open reception area. Hotel needs modernisation and should not be classified as a 3 star hotel. Not a nice part of Manhattan and definitely would not recommend walking around there at night.

Highly recommend, the breakfast is delicious and is not...
    • Queen Room

Highly recommend, the breakfast is delicious and is not repetitive so you don’t get bored, you will have a buffet of breads, juices, food and fruits also apples you can take anytime during your stay in front of the reception. The beds super comfortable, Nice shower and very clean. The swimming pool was nice with towels, the gym was perfect. Also they let us check in early because they did have a room available, also to leave our luggage after check out. I am really recommend this Hotel, you will not regret. I will be back if we are again in WDC.

Comfortable and convenient to attractions
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very cramped. We had 3 adults and one 11 year old child in one room and it was a tight squeeze. Beds were a standard double.

Breakfast area was extremely clean and the water and breakfast hot and very good. The area itself is a little run down but was very convenient to attractions. We walked back from Time Square. Don't be put off by the look from the outside.

The customer service is fantastic i wish i knew the names of...
    • Queen Room

It wasnt worth the money.. maybe the continental breakfast is what makes them bump up the price but the rooms dony look that great in person n the bathroom walls were dingy looking. Not disgusting but just not that great. But it had a/c n a fridge. Just wouldn’t book here again. There are way better choices for the price. Maybe a slight make over will do it good. Nice wall color. Get curtains clean for the love of God.

The customer service is fantastic i wish i knew the names of the people at the front desk they were all great and accommodating. Computer services, theyll watch ur bags for free. Bed is comfy.

Its was great with complimentary breakfast
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We reach there too early and we could not check in before 3pm and we were soo tired from a 12 hours bus travel. We could not freshen up and left for the city tour.

The staff were extremely friendly and help us a lot. It was walking distance to the main attractions empire state building, time square , and brayant park. Like 20 mins walk

Good value for a short stay.

Wifi shut off completely overnight whole trying to do work. Location a little out of the way.

Nice staff at check in, bed was comfy, water temp and pressure good. Good value for price.

Hotel needs update.
    • Queen Room

Hotel neds an update, painted, new furniture, better beds. Keep laundry bins out of hallways, keep cleaning carts out of the lobby. Front desk needs update too.

Staff very nice, cleaning lady very good.

A good breakfast and a comfy bed
    • Queen Room

There is literally just enough space to move around for two in a queen room. It’s pretty expensive but so is New York in general. I didn’t feel prepared for a $100 holding fee at check in. Didn’t remember seeing that anywhere on the info. We were told it was strictly no smoking but our floor stank of cigarette smoke so I guess it wasn’t enforced. The shuttle service they told us is way cheaper than a taxi but actually cost us $4 less than our arrival taxi from JFK at $52 (but they will not book a taxi for you, they do suggest you can book Uber though). It’s New York so expect to see people sleeping rough on the street around the hotel. The safe is not straight forward to operate.

Midtown convention centre according to New Yorkers we met, had been a good pick. The location is just along from The Intrepid (worth a visit), also the convention centre itself and easy to navigate New York by the near by piers and bike lane. The grid system of New York made it easy to navigate back and forth to our hotel from the theatre district, Central Park and Times Square etc. Lovely big double beds, just enough space for two. Clean and tidy. Cheapish vending machine on lobby level. Great complimentary breakfast. They hold your bags after check out at no cost. They have a deal with a shuttle service. I liked that I could pay part cash part card on arrival. There are lifts. Great to have a safe free to use.

Dirty room on arrival
    • Queen Room

Despite arriving after usual check-in time I was given a room which had not been cleaned since the last occupants. Usual cleaning staff had left for the day - the night porter very kindly stepped in, but I had to wait 40mins for the room to be cleaned. Carpet was still pretty filthy. I would not recommend this hotel for business travel - more appropriate for young travelers hostel-style.

Staff were pleasant. Location OK.

good location

in booking.com this is a 4 start hotel, however in google it was only 2 My flight was canceled, I called the hotel and asked for a refund for the 1st day, they said ok and asked for a proof, i sent that and no feedback so far

good location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

New York trip
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A little bit dated. Carpets were dirty. Location was a little out of the way but with the Hudson Yards project happening location will become better.

Breakfast was basic but well set out and a good selection.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very very disappointing. Hotel refused to make a refund for our unused days so we could relocate.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Smell of horses due to proximity to city stables. Dirty/sticky carpets. Generally poor cleanliness and mould in the bathroom (on some of the sealant and shower curtain). Smell of damp and mould from the air conditioning unit. Surrounding area is industrial and noisy. Room maintenance is very poor inc. paint splashes all over the bathroom floor and sealant around the sink applied by what I can only conclude was a child. I would strongly advise NOT using this hotel.

The only slightly positive for this hotel are that the beds were reasonably comfortable.

We were happy to have somewhere to sleep.
    • Queen Room

Our bathroom toilet and shower were both stopped up and the shower head was very poor in pressure and spray it looked like the carpet was not vaccuumed the hallway to the room smell was awful breakfast wasnt the best the rooms hallway etc were badly painted.the hotel could use better colors to modernize a bit.

The area was close to alot of good places and the view.the bed was very comfortable.

Needs re-fresh!
    • Queen Room

Curtains did not cover the window. Room was very noisey (front facing room). The wifi stopped working for two whole days of our trip. Had to change rooms due to broken door.

Breakfast was better then expected, the bagels was lovely. Staff were friendly and handles issues with the best of their abilities.

A basic budget hotel that needs a bit of modernization.
    • Queen Room

Many fixings within the room were very worn or falling apart. The room could have been cleaner - I found pieces of false eyelashes around the sink area!

The hotel was within walking to Times Square and the theatre district. I also liked that there was a free breakfast.

Friendly receptionist, comfortable bed, ice cold air...
    • Queen Room

The room was small, the hotel was hard to find, hotel sign was not visible from the street

Friendly receptionist, comfortable bed, ice cold air conditioner & parking next-door.

The breakfast was good and the beds comfortable and clean.

Similar to other reviews, the decor is out dated the carpets were dirty and the breakfast area is too small for the size of the hotel. We took our children but wouldn’t say it was suitable for families with younger kids due to the area. I didn’t think it was value for the money.

The breakfast was good and the beds comfortable and clean. The staff were pleasant and helpful. As the hotel wasn’t too close to Times Square it was quieter. No hidden costs and deposit returned immediately!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Friendly staff, good breakfast but small dining room,...
    • Queen Room

Friendly staff, good breakfast but small dining room, beautiful view from 11th floor, good place to explore NYC - Times Square is only 1,5 km from hotel - everything is close

A bed to sleep in for the night.
    • Queen Room

When we came to check in at 4 they ignored us for 30 mins and one of the girls was bring rude to a guest and his reservation was misdated... Breakfast was lame, eggs were watery, there was 2 cold breakfast sausages, and they were out of everything I wanted at 8, until I was leaving breakfast they refilled all the muffins and danishes.

Not much... location is all...

Will rate it as average.

WiFi unavailable for over 24 hours. The room we were initially allocated had a terrible foul odour. 5th Floor.

Breakfast was okay, though with limited varieties.

The staff were very kind, friendly, helpful, and...
    • Queen Room

When I arrived there was water (I hope) all over the bathroom floor. The carpet in the actual room was pretty grimy.

The staff were very kind, friendly, helpful, and professional. The location was perfect for my purposes.

Rooms were very small and very untidy the bed sheets were used unchanged with bad smell they were not even close to the pictures shown on the website

Great value and proximity to the Javits

The room was small and tight. Had a chair and a desk, but you couldn't sit in either--just should have made the bed smaller or not have them--kind of silly.

Not the most scenic location, but hey, it was a block from the Javits and incredibly reasonable.

Most reasonably priced stay in NYC if you're there for the sights (and not the room)
    • Queen Room

Needs an update.. Probably a 3 star from the 80s. Mouldy silicone in the bathroom. Lighting was minimal.

The Location was pretty close to Times Square - however you had to walk through 1-2 blocks of scummy area to get to and from. The price was good for NYC. Free breakfast was adequate. Storage (drawers and wardrobe) was good. Good coffee shop across the road.

Reception lady was kind.

Unsafe. While relatively close to Penn Station, it is hardly walkable due to isolated block in the middle of construction field and auto-repair shops. The area is not suitable for a hotel. Additionally, for the relatively high price paid, our room was extremely basic (no fridge, etc.), very small, the air conditioning was loud, the bathroom had not been properly cleaned at our arrival, the bathroom towels were extremely small... I would not recommend this hotel.

Reception lady was kind.

Reasonable price for New York.
    • Queen Room

Not very close to the subway. No fridge or microwave in room. Room small. Building 11 floors high, only one lift for guests and cleaning staff, had to wait 3-4 minutes on more than one occasion.

Location was not to bad. Easy access of street. Staff very friendly. Room was comfortable but a little small. Great breakfast, sausage oatties, scrambled eggs, bread, waffles, cake, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, coffee. Safe in room. Plenty of lighting. Friendly staff on reception.

Decent and clean

$100 deposit for incidentals on a late morning same night booking???? Took almost a week to go back in my account! Curtains did not close, see-thru gauze middle of window let neon light in room.

Comfortable bed, nice size room, wi-fi good, bathroom and toiletries good.

Listing oversells the quality
    • Queen Room

My room was not completely clean when I arrived. The room had a strange smell that was masked by heavy cleaning chemical smell. Breakfast didn’t open until 7 which meant I couldn’t enjoy it since I had to be at 7 am sessions across town.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They had recommendations for restaurants that were exactly what I wanted.

Nearby the High Line and the Hudson park towards the City.

Breakfast was (very) poor. Not very much channels on the TV.

Nearby the High Line and the Hudson park towards the City. Good PC in the lobby. Good Wi-Fi. Good TV. 20 minute’s walk from Times Square. Vending machine in the lobby.

Location was great.
    • Queen Room

Wi-Fi didn’t work most of the time. Breakfast wasn’t good. There wasn’t even water to drink.

Location was great. Receptionists were helpful and friendly.

Staff was helpful.

The hotel is located in an ugly area (ongoing construction of new buildings), and it is dated. Poor breakfast.

Staff was helpful. No noise during the night.

DON'T STAY HERE. NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Everything. It is falsely advertised to seem bigger than it is and not worth the 630 dollars paid for it. When we first arrived the fire alarm in the room had a low battery and beeped for a good 3 hours before someone finally came to change it. The breakfast was disgusting and a sad excuse for food. The eggs and sausage were colddddddd and the muffins tasted like sour apples. I have stayed in hostels better than this place and cannot imagine that it hosts clients from the convention center. If i had the chance. I would have demanded a sort of refund or upgrade to something of better quality. In short, the room is tiny, the food is bad, its inconveniently located (15 min to time square), and i felt like the staff did not want us to be there. If i could give this place zero stars i would. 2.5 is too kind.

I did not like anything about this hotel. The "king bed" was at sleepable given the fact it was really two fulls pushed together. The maid service is the only thing reliable about this place but there is no do not disturb papers.

Decent price but needs an update

Very dated. Mould on all silicone in bathroom. Lack of lighting. The location was sort of 2 blocks outside of the decent area - usually have to walk through scummy area for 1 block (38th and 9-10th) when coming from centre. Booking.com says they have Laundry for an additional charge - but they don't (Laundry Mat close by )

Staff were efficient when we said our tv had no remote and again when the tv didnt work. Found the bed comfortable. Free breakfast. Great coffee place across the road from hotel at Henry Hall. Price (for NYC) was reasonable. Within 15 min walk to Penn Station, Times Square, 39th Restaurant strip and Port Authority Bus.

Location was poor in a very ugly part of town, for the money...
    • Queen Room

Location, dated hotel not very nice.

Location was poor in a very ugly part of town, for the money look elsewhere but it was clean and at least one staff member was very friendly.

The staff are wonderful location quiet central for the price, really can't expect more than that.
    • Queen Room

The room could have been a bit bigger but you can't change that now that it's built. The lighting could have been better as well as a fridge in the room would have been nice even though I don't know where it would have fitted. Could do with a good tidy up with better linen and mattress.

The Location was good even though the area looked a bit dicey we had no problems. The breakfast was good and saved money for other things.

The distance from the convention center made up for all the downfalls of this outdated property.
    • Queen Room

The price was way too high for the small space provided. There wasn't conditioner so we had to go out to get our own bottle. The shower had a very old and dirty curtain with rusted faucets and screws. It absolutely needs some rennovation.

The best thing about this room is that in less than 60 seconds, you can walk to the convention center, that's it.

Easy walk to Times Square.
    • Queen Room

Old, smelled, carpets need replacing. Free breakfast wasn't very good. Terrible packaged eggs. Bagels gone by 8:30 am. Depressing neighborhood.

Easy walk to Times Square. Lots of places to eat nearby. Very convenient to Javits Convention Center. Quick free breakfast (toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee).

So close to Javits.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel needs an upgrade, furniture and carpet looks worn; electrical outlets barely hold plugs in. No book in room to explain safe or food delivery. Safe wouldn't open one day, but staff came right up to fix.

Although the bed initially felt hard, I actually slept great as the foam mattress is easy on pressure points, so no morning aches.

Brief stay (1 night) was quite pleasurable and more than adequate for a business trip including Javi

Flying ant (termite?) appeared in morning... don't know from where. Seems like a lot of construction going on around, but that's typical Manhattan today. Few places in hotel (breakfast nook) that could still use a coat of paint.

Good room, good view, clean linens (checked... no bedbugs!), comfortable bed, nice sized bath. Excellent location for Javits business

good location, awful room

the floor in our bathroom was sticky all the time. The room was very small for two people and the furniture was very old. It was the worst Best Western I have ever seen.

breakfast was great

I would stay here again.
    • Queen Room

I can't think of anything.

The breakfast was a good start to the day. The usual apple, orange juice, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast eggs, etc. The bed was comfortable, room was a little small but I guess that is to be expected in NYC. Have to be on a higher floor to get a nice view. Room was clean, just what I needed for the short time I was in the room.

If value and a bed are your main considerations then you won't go wrong here

Generally, it's a fairly dated hotel. It's a short walk to the subway/amenities so be prepared for that. The air conditioning unit was fairly loud.

Price, for an NYC Hotel, was tremendous. Free breakfast too. WiFi was fine.

Location is good.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very old, room was smelly, carpet a bit disgusting...coffee machine dirty as well. Bit expensive for what it is.. maybe it s like that in NY

Location is good. Staff are helpful Don t seem very happy though

Pay a little extra and stay somewhere nice.
    • Queen Room

Tired, old dingy room, no wardrobe only 3 drawers for clothes (for 2 people and 4 days). No soap or shower gel provided (and 2 bars of soap given when asked for). Bathroom light connected to room light so using toilet at night ment lighting up the whole room. Toilet blocked on first day. No headboards, beds pushed against wall. Air con 'roared' all night even when not on. Vending machine not working for whole visit. Ate breakfast surrounded by trolleys loaded with linen, cleaning materials etc... sheet and furry throw for bed linen. Room floor not cleaned for whole visit as same leaves on floor for entire stay. Have been on road trips in USA for many years and booked many motels but unfortunately this ranks as one of the worst.

Good location within walking distance of most attractions. Nice bathroom. Decent breakfast.

good for one night
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was quite simple, and with paper glasses and paper plates. Had to leave a deposit of 100 dollar upon arrival that we got back at check-out after our room was investigated. They must have had a good reason to do so, as the wardrobe door in our room had been broken, along with some other stuff… We found the money we paid for one night too much, but we guess it's just because it's NYC...

We signed up for an airport shuttle service at the reception that they arranged for us. Staff was very nice. Location close to Time Square.

Economy hotel in questionable area.

Poor location in shady part of Hells Kitchen. 24 hr Repair shop across the street made noise all night. Block hotel located on was dirty , trash everywhere. Sheets were stained , hair on sink and in bathtub upon arrival. If you just need someplace to sleep for a night on a budget this may be a mediocre choice.

Room was economical for NYC

Decent option on a budget
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Checkout was at 12 and granted we were a little slow vacating the room but room service came around 11a knocking on the door. then proceeded to harass us while we were getting our stuff together. I have never had that happen at a hotel before. She complained that she was waiting for over an hour... which maybe she was but checkout was not until 12 so if she was waiting that's her own problem, not ours. It was very rude to try and rush us like she did.

Check in was simple, bed was comfy, place was very clean

Budget hotel - good value for money
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms need an upgrade and the big chair and wardrobe were too big for the room. The bathroom is dated with shower curtain rather than a more hygienic shower screen. Could do with more accessible sockets.

Lovely front desk staff and good housekeeping. Free WiFi and a good breakfast of toast, bagels, waffles, sausages, scrambled egg, cereals, yogurts, fruit, juice and hot drinks. Beds were comfy with memory foam mattress. The air con was very good. The location is about a 10-15 minute walk from Times Square and there is a nicer walk which we found. Overall the hotel was good value.

Extremely disappointing being reasonably near to the centre of New York action.

Room was freezing cold,heater/A/C was very noisy,staff not very helpful and it seemed more like a doss house rather than a hotel .I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. Highly unsatisfactory.

Staff very polite and helpful.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very polite and helpful. Very close - 100 meters to JJ Convention Center ( as I was atendeee at Conference), close to Midtown attractions, bus stop to Met opera at the corner.

Good location, good value for money.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel could do with refurbishment, things looked tired and worn. The rooms are fairly small but they are clean and the bed was comfortable.

The main plus point for this hotel is location, just a couple of blocks from the centre. It is a bit basic but clean and you get a good night's sleep as the area is quieter than nearer Times Square.The complimentary breakfast made a good start for the day. It is near the Lincoln Tunnel and trains do run nearby but it is quiet from 11pm to 7am.

I liked that breakfast was included in the room rate;

The breakfast could be improved though. It's tiring to keep eating eggs, sausage & waffles everyday.

I liked that breakfast was included in the room rate; considering that the hotel is in a central location in Manhattan