Reviews of Best Western Mill River Manor 3 stars

173 Sunrise Highway, Rockville Centre, NY 11570, USA

#2 of 3 hotels in Rockville Centre

Surprisingly it was a clean room not that I expected a mess...

Surprisingly it was a clean room not that I expected a mess of a room but the looks of the outside of the hotel made me assume other wise and thinking having a room so near the train I thought would of been an issue but it wasn’t so I’m glad about that and would definitely return.

There seemed to be people living there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There seemed to be people living there. They were doing drug deals in the parking lot. There was someone arrested. There was cars being towed away. There was only parking really far away. I requested a first floor room. They gave me a 5th floor room. Every day I had to ask for washcloths and towels at lest 4 times. But never got what I was asking for. I will never stay here again.

We enjoyed our stay and would more than likely stay here again.

the only thing we did not expect was it was outside doors and window which meant that people could walk by and look into the room. I would have preferred it if there was a window looking out with people walking by.

We enjoyed the hotel and the location that allowed access to 24 hour stores, the LIRR is right behind the the hotel meaning Manhattan was 35 minutes away.

Bad Western.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The train runs right behind the hotel, so it is heard in the rooms. I ordered a salad from a local restaurant and they neglected to include a fork when it was delivered. I called the front desk - no answer. I went down and asked the front desk for a fork - the attendant just said she didn’t have one and went back to ignoring me. I found one in an empty ballroom upstairs. Pathetic customer service.

It is on the LIRR & convenient for traveling to the City.

Fair

The restaurant wasn't open at all while I was there, even though it stated on the door that it was open 7 days a week for dinner. The bed was way to hard. Carpet was torn and coming apart. Staff weren't exactly friendly. Found out that they take Section 8 people for apartment style living (not that I mind, but it would have been nice to know), wrecked cars in the parking lot. The advertisement for the facility did not meet expectations. I will not stay there again.

I love staying at the Best Western Manor its clean and comfortable the staff are very accommodating.

For the first time staying at the property had any complains the bathtub faucet continued running blown bulb in one of the lamps lighting was inadequate i left my pyjamas i called promise a call back but no one called back so i guess it wasn't important

I have staying at the property for years when i am in town its clean the rooms are comfortable and quiet the staff are friendly the house keeping staff are very accommodating

My room 220 was close to the main road.

My room 220 was close to the main road......trafcic noise was terrible all night long making it difficult to sleep. It made my follow up day quite hard knowing that I had business to attend to and a,3 hour drive at the end of the day....all of that on 4 hours sleep

poor

the computer system and their printer. I was unable to print my boarding passes from the hotel and it lead to problems when we got to JFK airport to take our flight to long beach. we weren't able to print our luggage tags requiring us to wait on a long line for jet blue to figure out the problem the hotel staff was unwilling or unable to help figure out the problem with their printer which I believe is a bottom f the line printer. also, we had left a wake up call as we had an early flight from JFK to long beach and we never got that call. we have stayed at the hotel many times and this was the worst it has ever been.

the location near the LIRR is great aw we took the railroad into NYC

Great stay for a 3 star hotel, excellent wifi, numerous free parks & awesome waffle making machine!

Room beside the railway, sometimes becoming noisy. Pillows are small sized (half the regular size), about 6 of them were available. Room a bit dark with only lamp lights. Shower water is difficult to completely close, even with maximum effort it will still drip.

Excellent free high speed wifi available even at the parking area. Free numerous parking spaces. Acceptable variety for breakfast, only included the following: scrambled eggs, sausage, milk, cereals (4 types), fresh waffle making machine (which was awesome!), cheese, jam, yoghurt, selection of sandwiches and bread, hot oatmeal, coffee, tea, water and juice. Cozy place, friendly staff. Some unexpected room appliances was found inside the room like a hairdryer, iron and iron board. Can ask for more items like toothbrush and toothpaste. Location is excellent, next to a railway station (never used it though as I had a car), nearby petrol station and a supermarket + pharmacy just opposite to the hotel. Variety of restaurants are also close.

Was a short visit. Not accommodating at all. Ask for late check out and they gave 30mins.

Location is great!!

Room was excellent but towels had a chemical smell that pleasant. They were also a bit coarse. Need nicer towels or use better smelling laundry detergent. Other than that was great

Great Hotel for Business

If travelling for tourism, you are a little far from the major attractions.

Location was excellent, breakfast was quite good also. Great access to transportation.

On short notice it was the best I could find in the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Built like a 1960's motel. It was a Best Western basically and not a Hampton Inn which I would say is better. The breakfast while okay was just that okay. I felt for the 165 daily rate even given that this was NY, they could offer an much better breakfast.

Quick check in and check out. Uber pickups and drop offs were easy. Room was clean. The location was good for me relative to where my family lived.

Very clean.

I don't like powdered eggs for breakfast. That's literally my only complaint.

Very clean. The room was comfortable and nice. The staff was accommodating and friendly.

I’m used to much nicer rooms in Best Westerns. This hotel is in serious need of a major rehab.

The room was very dated. The bathroom ceiling was about a foot lower than the other ceilings and just looked old and in need of a rehab.

The hotel lobby is very nice and the check in staff was very pleasant and professional. The breakfast area was also very nice.

Friendly staff

I found a lot of hair that was not mine in the room. Breakfast was ok. It was extremely noisy in the room. A lot happening outside the room.

Friendly staff

I would recommend the hotel to others and I'll stay again.

All was very good

Reservations were easy and the cost of the room very good. The free breakfast was great and the early check in (about 1:45 p.m.) was very much appreciated. parking is a walk and the receptionist forgot to give me a parking sticker until asked.

I like pretty much everything at Mill River
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The direct tv kept going out saying "no signal"so for the first time, in ALL of my visits,I couldn't enjoy tv during my stay. And the clock was off and I ended up being late for my train...

I like pretty much everything at Mill River

Adequate accommodations but could improve illumination
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

As a solo traveler, safety...or the feeling of safety...is paramount for me. When entering the room at this property, there wasn't a wall switch to turn on the lights, which was a bit unnerving when coming in at night. Closing the door upon entering renders the room pitch black and I had to grope my way through the room to find a switch to turn on one of the lamps. The room faced an outer walkway, which means the property has a tricky time balancing the need for illumination for safety's sake as guests walk to their rooms vs. providing adequate privacy of guests in their rooms. Leaving the curtains open during the day was not an option because guests are literally walking passed and can easily see in. The heating unit was very noisy and I had to turn it off in order to get a better night's sleep. The shower head was too close to the wall, so that you had to practically hug the wall to get under it.

The location was perfectly situated near the Long Island Railroad and Sunrise Highway, making it very convenient to get around. The mattress was very comfortable, a key to providing a good night's sleep. The onsite free breakfast with its basic menu items was convenient for a quick bite before heading out for the day.

The room and appointments were satisfactory.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I think the room rate was was a bit pricy considering the average appointments and decor of the room. It also was higher due to the arrival date being on Thanksgiving.

The room and appointments were satisfactory. Ambient noise was minimal since I requested a room midway between the elevated railway and busy highway.

My family and I had a good time

Wi-Fi did not always work

Staff was very friendly. Very convenient to Long Island Railroad. Breakfast had enough variety to pick from. Rooms were clean

As expected for the price and location.

The breakfast was truly nothing special. I was visiting relatives so this did not matter. Minor quibble, there was no cup for the otherwise decent coffee in my room.

Right across the street from the CVS drug store, helpful since I forgot toothpaste and a toothbrush. For others, the LIRR into the city in right there.

I was disappointed in the accommodations and would not stay here again.

Very loud both because of the train and due to groups of people who came in at all hours of the night and were very loud.

Convenient for where I would be spending Thanksgiving.

I will be back soon with my family to stay longer than 3 days and night...

I find the staffs are great and I had a chance to compare your services with your competitors, my family and I we enjoy the hotel,can not wait to booking again

Disappointed in front desk clerks but rooms were spacious,clean,good location & value for the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My son would not stay. When he arrived there were folks in lobby with booze in a paper bag. He has two children in diapers. Called front desk and asked clerk where St.Agnes Cathedral was and they had no idea. It was 3/4 blocks from hotel - spire was visible - major landmark in that town. Never received my $50.00 deposit back. I have stayed @ Best Westerns before - front desk personnel NEED TRAINING & a more POSITIVE, WELCOMING ATTITUDE. Poor representatives of hotel hospitality.

Room was clean & spacious. Breakfast was good. Location ideal for our purpose.

The worst experience I've ever had in a motel.

Doors that didn't work. Lights that wouldn't come on. Slippery bathtub that caused me to fall. Confusion about the cost of the room per night that was not indicated by Booking.com. I There was a different price for each night that we planned to stay instead of the stated price that was given on line. We left that motel the next day for safety reasons.

Nothing !!

My stay was not satisfactory and we will not return to this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast and the room was set up so that I felt very uncomfortable with the very large window curtains open. The room needs new carpeting. Very large stain on carpet. The staff was not attentive during checkin.

The free breakfast was horrible. What did I expect for free?

Terrible!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything. Room was small and dated not so clean with paper thin walls no parking and if u were lucky enough to find a spot your car was sure to get dinged or scrached getting in and out. The area surrounding area was dingy and of course no one told us about the train system directly behind the building that shakes the whole place. The property was surrounded by drug users sellers and prostituts. Worst hotel ive ever been to!

A nice hotel but have over charged! I am waiting for a response!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They have over charged me!!! Despite me agreeing to pay $366 for 2 nights on booking.com, they have charged me $199 per night and haven't responded to my email which I sent over 24 hours ago!!

Convenient - near to train station and restaurant and bars

Never again.

The room I had was not only in the parking lot on the first floor but also the windows were in the hallway facing the elevator where every person in the place had to go through to get in Or out and then go through a door that slammed shut. The noise was loud and constant. I was a single woman traveling alone. It was a scary room. The manager actually said to me "Too bad" "you can check out and go some place else". No kidding. That's what he said.

The room was clean

For me, it was a good location with adequate bed, pool, and wonderful staff. Would stay again.

Place is a little dated, musty smell. Tub was slow to drain. Bed was a little too soft for me.

bananas, apples & oranges available at breakfast as well as the usual oatmeal, cereal, eggs, waffles. Grocery store 1 block away and friendly staff. Never had to "search" for parking space at night.

Friendly hotel with a great breakfast!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel looks a little dated.

Our flight was cancelled and we arrived late at night with no suitcases. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The reception staff were great. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was the best on our trip to New York. Make your own waffles was a hit with my children. Bacon was crispy and plentiful. The train back to the airport and New York was minutes away.

Quality, friendly staff,clean establishment

Everything was great,only thing I can say bad was the parking was tight,that's it.

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, working AC, the shower was great,the front desk was very helpful and friendly . I upset I was in a rush in the morning and didn't get breakfast and pool but next time!I be back.

Management and staff continue to exhibit excellent customer service skills.

The toilets in rooms need to be replaced with newer models higher off the floor. An aging customer base would appreciate it!!

Customer service skills are quite evident with staff. Case in point- even the guy washing windows was friendly and asked if he could assist me with anything!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Hotel is adequate for anyone wishing to stay for a night or two.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of smoke: although the hotel was a 'non smoking' hotel, guests would hang out on the balcony and smoke, letting the smell of the smoke permeate the rooms. Some nights, the guests would just hang out on the balcony and make noise well past 10pm. Would have preferred a hotel with 'inside' room entrance. Our room servicing missed one day: staff was very apologetic and made sure it didn't happen again. The pillows were too soft, totally non supportive ( that being our personal opinion). The AC units had no settings or directional airflow allowances; one direction and one coolness setting ( the room temperature was not adjustable; just the frequency of the unit turning on).

Breakfast was good; a few steps above the usual continental breakfast. The location of the hotel worked very well for us, being right off the main highway. It was centrally located for our needs.

For the conveniences and quality offered I felt this hotel was overpriced at the time of my stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a smell to the room when we got there - it just felt dirty and we spent some time cleaning it so that we were comfortable. I was also surprised that the rooms all looked out to the courtyard. I expected a more intimate, enclosed setting.

The bed was comfortable and the grounds were well manicured.

Yuck

Stay at the Hampton Inn or holiday Inn right down the road

Hotel is outdated and they have events that allows event guests to take up all the parking. Hotel guests have to park blocks away. I would not stay here again. Not worth the money. Yuck

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

the breakfast was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the sink and tub drains need to be unclogged. water was draining slowly. i did not like stepping in dirty water while showering. also, we asked for an extra towel and the person who brought it up to us banged on the door. he startled me and my children.

the breakfast was nice. food was hot and the staff tried to refill the food items as fast as they could.

Convenient location, noisy environment
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Both nights the outside noise was very loud and we were not able to sleep They were very loud groups of people and one night there was even a fight

The location was convenient

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Welcoming Spring in Long Island Easter Weekend

Hotel staff is awesome. From Seree and Anthony at the front all the way to house keeping. Truly sincere. Very helpful. No detail untouched. Looking forward to the pool opening. Looks very nice. Pretty sure it's the only one in the area. I am going to bring my neice and nephew next time. Restaurant is fabulous. Great food and atmosphere. Best value by far for your money staying here. Train station is a stones throw away. Penn Station is only 40 mins away. Not too far from the city, but in the heart of what Long Island has to offer.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Problem Solved

Linda at front desk was very helpful and professional. Excellent customer service skills! My reservation required third party authorization which could have been problematic. However, Linda handled process smoothly.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

The location was utterly convenient for my purposes

Bathroom Shower was broken. The shower knob did not entirely stop water from coming out of spout. This resulted in a weak shower stream with no pressure. Also, I could hear the LIRR train whistle during the night. And,

The location was utterly convenient for my purposes

I like that breakfast is served daily and now they currently...

There is really nothing to complain about. Everything was great.

I like that breakfast is served daily and now they currently have other specials. I also like the location. Close to all.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The TV.

The TV. There are not enough channels, and the ones that they do have are NO Good! They are mainly channels for men. No movies channels one carrtoon . This needs to up grade

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Great Stay due primaily to Great Staff

No complaints

The facilities are clean and comfortable and adequate for our needs, but what really made the stay shine was the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, especially Linda.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

We'll see you again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The towels were threadbare and so cheap! Unfortunately, other guests on the first night - outside of the rooms - were yelling and fighting and it went on for awhile. Do you have a security guard for this? The bedroom heater did not seem to regulate (room 346) so it was either hot (if on) or cold (if off) and not effective or efficient. The door needs weatherstripping - lots of wind while we were there and you could feel it pouring through the door. Your energy efficiency is poor - needs upgrade.

Breakfasts were great, front desk people were all excellent, rooms were clean, and the location can't be beat, including the parking so you did not have to worry about car. All staff were helpful and friendly. We have, and would, stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Good Hotel but really noisy people there

Too noisy. A lot of people every night outside to my room and talking loud late night hours

Good breakfast, nice bed, pillows,good internet connection and great location close to the place I worked

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Cozy Rooms and Cozy atmosphere throughout the hotel. Great Complimentary Breakfast too.

Heating system in our room took while to heat up. Also need shower stronger strips in bathtub to insure no slippage.

Rooms very cozy and love color arrangement. Love chaise chair.

Good value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Several things could have been better but then the price would have been higher. All things considered, I'd do the same thin again under the same circumstances.

The family was here for a funeral. The hotel could handle all 20 of us. It was convenient to the funeral home and church. It was a good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Staff and breakfast choices.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise level of the heater. Had to keep it off most of the night -- and it was a cold night -- because the noise was so loud.

Staff and breakfast choices.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Good. But Wheres's the Curtains ?

There wasnt a curtain on the window so people could see right in which really bothered my partner. We were a room on the end of the hall right on the highway.

Love the bed the setup was nice

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Nice room not worth getting charged twice tho???

Reserved room with my credit card and was charged on that same credit card even tho I paid upon arriving with my debit card? Still waiting to be credited the amount back on to my credit card???

Accommodations were nice

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Very clean, value of the money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The day of my check out, I didn't like how the maid service opened my door 2 times as I was half undressed, to ask if I was checking out soon. Neither of the 2 women knocked on our door. They literally opened it as I was getting dressed and that bothered me a lot.

I liked how clean my room was. The beds were extremely comfortable. The area wasn't bad either, it's location is convienint if you need to run to a store/get dinner.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Better than I expected.

It was a little tired. I do not like a facility where the "hall ways" are outdoor. I prefer an inside hall way!!

The staff was excellent, from the front desk to the housekeepers. The place was actually very clean!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

I loved the location of the hotel.

I would have liked later room service hours. The city that never sleeps should not close room service at 8pm/

I loved the location of the hotel. LIRR is a block away, rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very pleasant. Will definitely go back

I liked everything about this location. Room was very clean and in good condition. Breakfast was better than we expected. Staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Everything else. We travel a lot. Was prepared to not have the best! But this location is fabulous for me. My husband and I were in town for a wedding. We have lived in the area for over 53 years. Moved to Florida just a year ago. Thought this was perfect. Not our house , walk to everything. The only good thing. Your front desk is " clueless"" !!! Breakfast horrible! Fitness room, stunk! Plus where was the remote to turn on tv. Walked outside in rain instead of this inconvenience . Another thing I did like besides location. Non smoking. That's all. E mail me if you'd like. My son runs a hotel in Boston. Understand the difficulties of this job. But wow unacceptable Oh I just thought of a plus. The Wonen you have that clean. Super sweet. Give them a raise.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

A quiet comfortable room and helpful staff!

Ice machines were frozen. Access to the rooms was along a snowy, icy covered outside corridor where smokers failed to observe no smoking signs to avoided the room cleaning fee. Included Breakfast was enjoyable the first time but variation from the pork rissoles and scrambled eggs, cooked by the cook, would have been nice on subsequent mornings.

Comfortable sleeping quarters and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

My opinion

I dont like the fact that they take 50usd deposit and takes over 5 working days to refund.

Hospitality and Cleanliness. My son forgot his phone there and they offered to mail it.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Breakfast is great.

Parking is difficult with all the parties. We've had to park in the train station because there were no spots available at the hotel. Also, people are smoking outside on the balancies, and the smell comes right in the rooms when the wind blows. You already have it posted to not smoke, but they are still doing it,

Breakfast is great. front desk staff and housekeeping staff are very accommodating!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Good price, but issues.

The pillows were very hard and lumpy, and though there were a few, they were all the same. I had to borrow a pillow from the person we were visiting for the second night. Noise from people arguing in the courtyard at night was disturbing. This is the second time we have stayed here and second time noise from people in the courtyard. We wanted to save money, but next time will stay someplace else.

It was a convenient location at a good price. Suitable, self serve Breakfast was available.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Stay away, not quiet or restful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. It is extremely loud, people shouting at each other, slamming doors constantly, the subway train is 6ft from the building, its on a busy street and all doors open to theoutside. The last time we stayed there, there was no parking due to a night club they run at night. It felt unsafe and the staff at the front seemed like they wouldn't do anything about the ruckous outside our door from 10-11pm at night. This hotel needs a security guard. I would not recommend this hotel unfortunately.

It was clean and $119 for the night

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Three nights on business
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Main issue is that rooms are accessed from outdoors. More like living in a block of flats than a hotel.

Hotel is a short walk from the LIRR. Room was OK, a bit dated, but clean. Breakfast was good with plenty of options. Staff were all very pleasant. There are numerous restaurants and bars all nearby. I travelled from the UK so my body clock had me up at 3am. I can confirm rooms are quiet throughout the night.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We had originally booked a kingood suitwith, then a friend...

The pillows were flat and gave no support. It was a good train ride to where we were going but it was nice.

We had originally booked a kingood suitwith, then a friend decided to join us since she didn't want to travel home. They accommodated us and switched our room for a small fee.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great location. Terrible room. Room was dated and small. They definitely use this hotel for DSS hous
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is not nice. It has the be hive setup. And I'm certain DSS uses this hotel for emergency shelters.

Great location. Walking distance to Rockville center main st.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

breakfast all you could eat sleep comfortable love the view
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

price too high 7 days a week give us a break with the high prices monday, tuesday,wednsday should be under 100 dollars thursday should be 100 dollars and friday saturday sunday 105

breakfast all you could eat sleep comfortable love the view

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Management is very poor and rude! I was having problems for days with loud neighbors who smoked had to go to doctor it was so bad. Then my daughter was denied access to room until I paid nevermind the fact I had been there for over a week and paid. Only discounted me one night. Then was told I could never stay there again because I was holding them accountable. This place use to be amazing now it's turning into a dump.

The cleaning staff was very friendly. Breakfast was always good.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Best breakfast ever in the United States!

That the windows are not opening, I recommend to note in your booking to get a room with a quiet AC.

The best breakfast we ever had in the United States - honestly ! Also the rooms were ok, modern, comfortable...the only thing is that you cannot open the windows, and our AC was quite noisy, but we just left the slot of the entrance door, secured by the security chain, open. Many nice restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Easy and comfortable spot for a quick overnight stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms all open to the parking lot. A noisy group (wedding I think) came in late and woke us up. They got quiet very quickly which we really appreciated.

Good place for a quick trip. Bathroom is small but clean and functional. Beds were comfy. Easy walk to several places to eat which was nice.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Next to train station!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

None of the oulets that were at the base of the lamps worked making it extremely diffucult to use C - Pap machines and to charge phones, iPads, tablets, etc. Had to purchase an extension cord to even get close to a solution. Also, staff working at the free breakfast station were nice but the selection of breakfast items was limited to mostly simple carbohydrate products.

Housekeeping staff were Excellent. Room was spotless every day. Front desk people were friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

We enjoyed our stay-the middle of the night noise was the only really bad part.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

What I dislike about your hotel are the open corridors, so exposed go everyone passing by and to noise at night. But your hotel has the best location when visiting someone in Rockville Centre. I was with my daughter and she is middle aged and I am a senior citizen, so we liked being able to walk everywhere.

The bed was comfortable and the eggs were better than you usually get, but there were no bagels and cream cheese and no croissants and the muffins were cold with no place to heat them. Also, how about pancakes. I am a vegetarian and the waffle stand was too long a wait.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Never again in a million years if someone else paid.

That we lost power for a significant portion of our stay. No A/C, no lights, no elevator- and what is the worst, there was no communication from staff about the outage. It was fend for yourselves. One staff member informed me that they knew about the outage prior.

The rooms were not as bad as I imagined.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Not too bad but could be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner in the room was difficult to manage and ended up making us sick not too long after checkout. The door to the bathroom did not close properly so it was difficult to manage during our stay .

The lobby was nice and the staff was helpful which made checkin/checkout a breeze.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

It was alright.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They was no private balcony, the pool closed too early. The bathroom was weird, had the sink outside the room. The room was pretty small. We had showed up early at 12 for a concert but we weren't able to check in at that time. They took our money but wouldn't give us a card yet and we had to go to the concert then.

The room was clean and the beds were comfy. The hotel was in a nice location. Plenty of places to eat around there. The free breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Relatively close to the beach where we were visiting.

Convenient location, very loud a/c, pulsing constantly off/on. The room was close to very noisy street.

Clean. Breakfast good. Very fresh eggs! Adequate amenities.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Poor service, not at all as advertised.

Our son (18) was traveling alone to this hotel for one night during a Basketball Camp in the vicinity. He arrived tired in the evening and had small difficulties with his credit card, which he had to solve by paying fully in cash in advance, even though I pre-approved the booking with my credit card from Germany. During this procedure (finding an ATM, taking out cash etc.) the staff at the reception was not at all helpful or service oriented as you would expect from this chain of hotels and this price. On top of that the reception gave him a very poor room with a view of the elevators. No privacy and bright lights outside all night. Definitely not the room I booked. Still at the same price. I guess it was the very young adult in basketball attire that "prevented" the staff from being more interested in delivering good service. After this very unpleasant experience I cannot recommend a stay in this hotel at all. PS: Breakfast was rather limited as well.