Reviews of Millennium Hilton New York Downtown 4 stars

55 Church Street, Wall Street - Financial District, New York, NY 10007, USA

#228 of 415 hotels in New York

The location, make sure you get room at floors 30 or above to have the city view. When I booked I did not noticed the floor assignment and ended up paying additional fee to get room at higher floor. I would say it was a good upgrade since the view is really nice from upper floors. The hotel is as right location and have easy access to subways.

• Junior Suite with City View

The view was amazing we had a junior suite on the 45th floor. Bed was super comfy. We stayed there for our honeymoon. When you get there there is a 150 dollar holding fee that you get back. It was right across the street from a huge mall, and a couple of blocks away from the new world trade center. Everything was clean. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

There was a never ending machine noise coming from the elevators day and night it can drive one nuts! The staff weren't willing to help (i guess they don't have a solution) this is a major issue when you just want to lay your head down fir a rest after a new york day.

Great location close to subway beautiful new york view

• Deluxe Queen Room

NO FREE WIFI (it costs 13 dollars a day). There was not even wifi in public areas like the lobby which is very bad; nowadays you can find wifi at Starbucks and subway stations but NOT on a Hilton hotel - wake up it’s 2018! The staff was new yorkish being not too friendly at all times. Pool was mostly closed during the day :( the cleaning lady asked us everyday if we wanted service, which is something you would expect to be standard.

The hotels location. We got a big room on a high floor as requested. Liked the breakfast.

There was a mechanical noise in our room in the 32nd floor that came and went frequently. It was like printer that was always running. It was distracting and rather annoying. Also, the shower water pressure was not very strong.

The views were great, most of the staff was friendly, and the location was perfect.

• Junior Suite with City View

The views are amazing. We booked through booking .com 6 months in advance and paid less for a corner suite overlooking the twin towers site plus river and city panorama, yes less than a standard room on any site a month before. This is a great location to get the subway to/from JFK and has fast trains on the 2 & 3? lines so it is a breeze to get all over the city and beyond. Breakfast is an excellent buffet style with everything you would expect. There is a great Irish bar nearby as well as countless shops & department stores. Easy walking distance for all the sights around Wall Street.

• King Room - Disability Access

Great spot pool was great (indoor ) it’s on the door of 9/11 memorial & new shopping centre shops all around transport was gray plenty to do

Location was amazing staff were great clean & responsive the entire experience was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The woman who checked us in had no personality at all. Seemed indifferent and annoyed. Another employee at the concierge desk was snippy and condescending. If you’re sick of tourists asking questions and not being knowledgeable about NYC, you should not have that job.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The location is great. Majority of the staff was friendly.

Staff at reception, both on check-in and on check-out were incredibly rude; absolutely NO sense of customer service. They were coarse, impatient almost nasty.

Location is great. Rooms are comfortable, but nothing special.

Holding the entire amount of money for the stay is the same as paying in advance, which should be stated in tthe reservation It would have been much cheaper to pay in advance, getting a better rate. I have not been to a hotel where this was done without warning,

Generalluy clean with friendly staff. Elevators seemed to work correctly

It is small, but there was an unpleasant odor in the lobby that I could not tell if it was food cooking or some sort of air scent like incense, but is was present the whole time. Thankfully, it was not in the rooms at all which were very fresh and clean.

Incredible view of One World Trade Center and Harbor beyond to see the sunset. Front desk staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Maintenance came quickly when we thought something might be wrong with the TV. But 9/11, the cables were destroyed in the area, they are operating on satellite. I thought that was a very helpful piece of information. The AC worked great!

• King Room - Disability Access

The room was very clean but had a meldew smell coming from the carpet... the carpets needs shampooing

The location is excellent, front desk very courteous.

It needs to be posted that there is a deposit. I called before arriving to see if there was and was told NO three times, when I arrived they then told me there was so I had to move to another hotel the next day because the staff told me I could not stay 2 days with no deposit which made no sense because their staff was the one who miscommunicated info.

Everything was wonderful except the staff.

the wifi is charged .... what the hell in the 21 century

The location is good ! Personnaly I don't like center of New-York, so if you want to go the fifth avenue etc. The location is not good. But if you want to go the news areas as lower east side, tribeca or chinatown, it's perfect ! I recommand you this areas indeed of midtown.

Prices are quite high and, obviously enough, not very suitable for long stays. However, I would not say this is a major flaw once you consider the location and the manifold excellence of the hotel, as mentioned.

The location of the hotel was perfect, in the heart of Manhattan (Downtown) and within walking distance from Ground Zero and the Financial District. The bedroom was large, quiet, very clean and bright. The windows provided a fascinating view of New York City's skyline. The continental breakfast was gorgeous, with plenty of options and high-quality food.

I have never experienced worse Customer Service than this Hotel. First it was the check in process- they tried to charge us €1000 more than what we had booked it for on booking.com. when we told them this wasn't right they just said their rates our different and after a lot of arguing they made us go to a computer and print out our booking confirmation and come back (I had the screenshot on my phone but they wouldn't accept it). Also, €200 deposit is required upfront for each room which we were unaware of beforehand. Then the bar staff!! We have never felt so unwelcome to a hotel. Douglas was the absolute worst! He stood on his phone ignoring us and when we actually said excuse me he rolled his eyes and slowly made his way over. Avoid the hotel bar and restaurant at all costs!

Location is great.Right next door to Century 21 and a Starbucks. Subway right outside front door and 9 stops straight into Times Square. Close to WTC memorial, Irish hunger memorial and staten Island Ferry. Great little restaurant close by called Merchant River Cafe. Right on the water and you can see over to Statue of liberty from here. Reasonably priced too.

The room didn't have a fridge (only a mini bar, but wasn't cold enough to store food) and there was no microwave either. Personally for me the pillows were too soft, but it's different for everyone, of course.

The room was with a beautiful view, clean and neat. A housekeeper was always diligent and responsible. The air was good enough when the a/c was running. The location, easy access to the subway, bars, restaurants and sightseeing - number one, best! All personnel was super friendly and eager to answer all the questions.

when asked for a roll away bed at the front desk said they did not have one, bit the person who brought up extra blankets said they did.

location and my view from 2706

Booked the hotel because another reservation of us was canceled shorttime and the hilton was just half the price than normal. We were not suprised by the hotel, we expected more but during our 6 months of travel we had better cheap motels and hotels than this hilton. I always though Hilton stands for high quality but it was quite average. Insane prices for minibar, movies on demand and all extras... We are travellers and wear ordinary clothing, the hotel staff looked at us as we were poor.

Clean rooms Central location

• Junior King Suite

The bathroom is a little bit old, but clean. Once they forgot to clean my room, but I received free drinks on the bar until they finished, so they handled it very well.

The suite was spacious, the bed was very big and comfy. The view from the 23rd floor is so stunning. Location is perfect for everything.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lack communication between staff departments regarding special diet

They cater to gluten free , calm food and beverages manager 24 hr prior! They are wonderful!

The bell hop asked me and my bf for our room keys when coming back to the hotel one night. We were exhausted and had to go into our bag packs to get the key, we clearly did not walk into the building for fun.. we were staying there third night actually. He was clearly profiling a client.

• Junior Suite with City View

The staff were rude on reception, the rooms were dated and need to be renovated, the beds were uncomfortable (we went and bought new pillows)

The view from the room was amazing, overlooking the 9/11 memorial and the Oculus

Oscar at the reception was very nice with us, he gave us advise in what to do or places to go. we stayed in he 3710 and our cleaning lady (i dont know her name) was great!! We will be back for sure :)

Room service breakfast was over priced - a basic breakfast for two people cost almost as much as our two course dinner!

Location was ideal for sightseeing and the staff were accommodating and very friendly. Topping it off, the view was amazing from our room

• Junior Suite with City View

Bathroom flooding, worn and dirty sofa and easy chair, wall paper pealing, the whole room needs a deep cleaning and I actually refused the first room as it was much worse.

Feather pillows. The a/c thermostat wasn't reliable: we either froze or were sweating at night.

The bed was comfortable; the location excellent.

• Junior Suite with City View

More variety of cooked breakfast on the buffet...maybe mushrooms and hash browns?

Exceptional views from higher floors, beautiful decor, very comfy room and very helpful and friendly staff.

• Junior Suite with City View

Further from midtown than I expected. That's not the hotel's fault though. Should have just done my homework. 20 second walk to the Metro

Great view

• Deluxe Queen Room

The ROOMS are a LOT smaller in person than they look in the photos of the website . The BATHROOM wasn’t completely cleaned, and when we told the staff, they said there was nothing they can do (interesting) I for one would NOT be staying here again. And for the price of 1 night ($215) I expected ALOT better .

It’s well situated in New York, so the views through the windows are pretty nice .

• Junior King Suite

On arrival we were handed a room key and I was asked to pre authorize an amount on my credit card. This amount was several hundred more than the cost of our booking and I assumed was an incidentals hold. When we arrived at the room it was not the junior king suite we had booked but a tiny one bed regular room. We immediately went back to the front desk and only then were told that our room had been given away because of an "issue with the credit card". At no point was this expressed to us when checking in. The alleged card issue and actions by the hotel thereafter were highly suspect as the credit card had been used to secure the room weeks prior without issue and used throughout our arrival day including at check in. The front desk refused to assist in any way and directed me to a phone to reach booking.com. Some two hours later while waiting on the phone with a booking.com agent to attempt to negotiate with these people for a suitable room, we had made no progress and accepted defeat. At 1:30am, my fiancee, myself and my 68 year old mother crammed into the 200 sqft room with a roll away bed (which the hotel at first had the nerve to charge us for). The debacle would be far from over. The hotel decided to charge for the tiny room almost $100 more than the cost of the originally booked suite, which again, came as a surprise at checkout. The room itself has numerous carpet stains and burn holes. The mini fridge had a previous guest's half eaten, melted and dehydrated ice cream and rotten strawberries. . I am confident this hotel simply decided they could charge more to a walk-in guest (or took a cash tip) than my advance booking and decided to play these games. At no point did anyone contact me from the hotel about the purported credit card issue. We were relocated to another hotel the following day which was a world of difference. I will never even contemplate booking at this hotel again or likely any of the Hilton chain.

Absolutely nothing

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I didnt like the fact that they held a 100 dollar security deposit when i checked in on top of the room fees. The deposit wasnt the problem i didnt like the fact that it wasnt noted on Booking.com about this

I liked everything about it, the rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. The view was amazing. I just wish i got to stay longer to do more and go to the hotel restaurant for breakfast.

Everything !!!! Our view was spectacular from the 22nd floor. Waking up to a beautiful sunrise along the Hudson. Was able to see New Jersey from our room. Just completely breathtaking; worth every dollar.

• Junior Suite with City View

The bed was a little uncomfortable and hard to sleep in. The tv channel guide was a little bit unclear.

Beautiful breath taking view! Definitely worth the price for the view itself, would come again but only for the view

but the only thing i did not like is there was no room in the Mimi Refrigerators was to small ,, and some of the staff was rude

i the rooms was clean ,, ,,

• Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I called to ask where the parking structure was and they couldn't give me an address, they eventually told me they didn't have a lot, told me something about a coupon for another lot, I would have used valet but they didn't mention it. I parked about 2 miles away in a lot and walked. Later that night I saw their parking lot on Fulton and was disappointed. The pool has a great view but it Wasn't very clean.

The staff was great and it was well kept

The room felt very dated, especially the bathroom.

The staff were very efficient and helpful. The location was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Junior Suite with City View

I didn't receive the room I asked for. The room I received was dirty, the carpet was turn and dirty, the sofa in the sitting area was dirty with many spots on (disgusting to sit on it!!), the blinds were so old and dirty, it didn't cover the windows so the room was illuminated in the morning, the service in the restaurant was awful... I have no even one good word to say about this place. I'm sure that no one from Hilton visited for review this place lately.

Nothing....

Expensive for the hotel, furniture is very old and AC fan kept making sounds all night The room smelled like dust and the bed sheets were not properly made “smaller the the mattress”

Location is great, directly in front of WTC and beside all banks, coffee shops macy’s Century 21 etc...

Nothing could have been better.

The view from our window on the 28th floor was spectacular. We looked over the oculus, the memorial 9/11 pools and the Freedom Tower. The room itself was clean, spacious and comfortable. The hotel was convenient to many subway lines.

• Junior King Suite

25 mins away from city centre (Times Square) so if you are travelling for leisure, it is slightly inconvenient. Otherwise, nothing negative! If travelling for business, then bulls eye!

The hotel has 50 floors so a breath-taking view of NYC is guaranteed if you are 30 or floors above. Just opposite to the World trade centre memorial, very well connected by subway. A taxi stand just outside the hotel. Comfortable rooms with all the amenities for a luxurious stay.

• Junior Suite with City View

The room didn't have any outlets to plug electronics up to. I had to get maintenance to bring me an ext. cord. The bed was uncomfortable and sqeeked real bad everytime you sat on it or turned in your sleep.

The room exceeded my expectations of the view and close proximity of the WTC memorials.

Excessive cost of WiFi.

The view from the window was the World Trade Centre and Twin Towers Memorial. Stepped out of the hotel onto a subway which led to Manhattan.

• Junior Suite with City View

The breakfast was not included and I was not told until after I’d ate. The pullout bed had a huge dent and was very uncomfortable.

The view was nice at night.

Employees were very money hungry and expected tips before u could even attempt to tip. Very rude concierge they were very unaware of hotel policies and parking instructions.

Poor room maintenance: Peeling wallpaper, sloppy caulking, low pressure shower head, no cups in the Bathroom, Sub-par TV, no Hotel directory, & unimpressive hallways. This Hotel needs a cosmetic renovation. It comes across as a 2.5 star hotel not 4 as advertised.

Comfortable bed & pillows

Pictures on line/website are misleading. My room was much smaller than expected. Rug looked old and dingy. All channels on TV was blurry, water backed up in bathroom sink, desk chair squeeked quite a bit. There was a comment on line that mentioned a guest requesting and receiving a cake for her boyfriend’s birthday. That was intriguing to me since I was there in celebration of my fiancé’s birthday. I requested the same and it was not honored to me. I was disappointed to say the least.

The bedding could be a little more comfortable.

Prime location, and easy subway access. Also felt very safe and secure. Loved the view of the World Trade Center from the room. Also, not far from other New York tourist attractions. I would totally recommend this hotel to someone.

no complaints at all.

An unexpected surprise. How amazing to wake up with the sun reflecting off Freedom Tower..... perfect start our weekend in New York, and a great value. We will come back.

However there was not a free parking also there’s no microwave in the room I had to spend a fortune during my stay on food.

We like the fact that the room was super clean and clear for super nice and the view was amazing.

• Junior Suite with City View

Some small typical hotel upkeep issues. The curtain was broken and there was a rip in the window cushion that was repaired. Did realize the following morning there was a stain on one of the pillows that definitely didn't come from me so that was off putting.

Stayed for our anniversary! Paid for the floor upgrade and really appreciated the front desk giving us high floor with some privacy. Concierge was very sweet! We lovedddd the view....It's insane! Also amazing location for the subway and traveling around the city. Also we received a sweet card and plate of fruit from management for our anniversary! It really made our night!

• Junior King Suite

I liked the location and friendliness of the staff. The view overlooking the 911 Museum and World One Observatory from the room is amazing. The hotel is great and the beds are comfortable. The buffet breakfast was amazing and had a variety of options including gluten free.

No microwave or refrigerators in rooms

Beautiful hotel, the view from the room was gorgeous, less than a minute from the subway as well as the 9/11 memorial and museum.

• Junior King Suite

Unfortunately, we had a few problems with rude staff, an aggressive attempt at an upsale on a room upgrade when we arrived, the pool was dirty, and our room was tired with furniture scuffs and dirt in places. We complained though, and to be fair to Hilton, they couldn't have handled our complaint better. Perhaps we were just unlucky. I was very satisfied with how they resolved matters for us. I've written a full review on my blog The Wanderlust Post if you'd like more detail.

The location of the hotel is great and the views from our room were excellent.

• Junior Suite with City View

The fact that they didn’t accommodate us with my room of choice .no one communicated that my original room wasn’t available until I got into the room .

To be honest Just the view

They didn't refill the amenities. I stayed for three nights and they never put new soaps and other amenities in the bathroom. As part of the Hilton Honors I should have complimentary water bottles that was only provided at my arrival and on the first day.

The location is more than amazing. The room was comfortable, silent, roomy. The view of my room was breathless. I had a wonderful view of the World Trade Center Memorial, the new station and River and the One Trade Center. Very close to many metro lines. Very convenient.

Additional taxes and unnecessary daily security deposit taken from card. Leisure center was also disappointing

Comfortable Bed, Bedroom Views of One World Trade Center

• Junior Suite with City View

The only thing I didn't like they don't offer a mini fridge to put your things in. When I first got there I took out things that were in the fridge to put mine in. At check out the lady at front desk explained that each time you take something out you are being charged. The mini fridge has sensors in it and each time something is picked up charges are being applied to your account.

I loved my room I had the junior suite with city view. The view was amazing.. One side of my room I was facing the city and on the other side I was facing Ground Zero and the water. Around the hotel you have high end shops for shopping along with good restuarants and bars. I will be back again!

They charge me for beverages that I never took and I ask for an investigation in order to get a refund. They ask me for my number but never call me back to tell me what happen with my report.

• Junior Suite with City View

The bathroom smelled of urine, even after they sprayed with febreeze and changed the shower curtain

Our hotel was amazing and clean! great views and time. I would stay again.

Dated and small room although a good size for NYC, bar in the lobby, scarce toiletries on the 2nd day (what was there was very good though, I love and use that brand), additional deposit charged when checking in. Plus, I didn't know if I could use the two bottles of water without being charged high price for water. I guess it's good value for NYC but I was expecting more luxury from this hotel after the so many rave reviews everywhere. But I enjoyed my stay overall, in a clean room on the 27th floor with a wonderful view on the One World and Oculus buildings. I wouldn't mind coming back at all but after checking other hotels. Last, rooms need a bit more sound proofing and it will be perfect.

The view, the location, comfortable bed and pillows, clean room and bathroom, iron and board, speedy fast check in and check out, smiling staff face to face and on the phone

Customer service need improvement . WiFi didn’t work well. And they charged us for a mini bar item we didn’t purchase.

Staff was not too friendly. Every one seem to just be going going through the motion without any friendliness. Heater in the Room made a knocking sound all night. Buffet is what I expect at a lower rated hotel.

The bed was a bit too soft for me and the bathroom could have been mopped slightly better.

The room was great! The view was fantastic! The bathtub was wonderful! I took two baths. The gym and pool were wonderful!

Dreadful hospitality. Impossible to get a cup of coffee or a drink of any description anywhere in the hotel (the lobby cafe or main restaurant) until 4pm each day! Pool area very below par. No sauna. No locker facilities (unsecured lockers not much us to put a phone away safely). Staff very nice but working in a very badly managed hotel in the opinion of this experienced business traveler.

Nice room but had to upgrade $30 per night to get a view. Worth $300 per night. Absolute not.

Miserable recepotionist when I checked in! He was a disgrace! Fortunately after he served me he went in the back and I spoke to the lady receptionist who was most helpful and friendly!!! Hilton be warned!

• Deluxe Queen Room

My bed sheet could’ve been clean there were stains, hair form the previous person and the comforter were grayish . Also $25 for continental breakfast is a bit much. But maybe I’m poor. The pool could’ve been a bit more cleaner but I was happy it was warm and there.

The view from my window was spectacular! Staff was helpful!

The room is not as big as I was expected. I didn't get any Hilton points for this one-night stay. Can any staff explain it? I was told that I would be charged about $150 finally when check-in. And I asked whether there is city-view. The staff told me yes. But it shows about $180 in my bill. And I noticed that there is an item for upgrading room. I didn't ask for that (although I want it). The staff told me city view was included in $150.

I lived in the 53th floor. Love the sofa. It is really soft. The shower place is also great. The city view is awesome. And there is a gym and swimming pool in the 3rd floor. There are some wine and snack in the cabinet.

There was hair in my shower and around the toilet. The shower curtain was also stained. I also was not happy that the parking garage had the hotels name on it but was not connected to the hotel. I paid $120 for two nights. That is a misrepresentation. Guest should get sometime of discount.

• Junior King Suite

The view was absolutely amazing. The room service awesome. Make sure you add breakfast to your stay. I was literally around everything, store wise etc. Loved it

The stains on the towels, shower curtain and on the first bed definitely upset us. There was also a smell in the washroom that was musky that lingered the entire time we were there (4 nights).

Bed was very comfortable! After walking around all day in New York City, the best thing to come back to is a bed to sleep in comfortably. The distance of this hotel to everything in the city was fantastic! Bonus, we had a great view of the river!

The only thing I was slightly annoyed about was the type of room I booked was booked largely on the basis of the photo, which suggested it would have a corner, meaning there would be 2 floor to ceiling windows adjacent to each other (making up the corner of the room). The room we stayed in was perfectly lovely - and RIGHT opposite 1 WTC and the Oculus.

The hotel was luxurious without being intimidating. The truth is, we didn't stay in the room/hotel for very long but I would wholly recommend it anyway. I stayed here over 15 years ago and it still has the same high quality of service and facilities that made me decide to book it this time around.

The "two double beds" were much smaller than actual double beds and were barely able to accommodate the three adults sleeping in them. This room was chosen by staff based on knowledge that 3 adults would be staying in that room, so a room with larger beds, assuming there were rooms with larger beds, should have been made available. In fairness, I asked for the rooms to be close together and the very capable and accommodating reception staff were able to make that happen with our rooms being across the hall from one another, so perhaps the smaller beds were a consequence of that request being fulfilled.

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were very clean and well-appointed.

• Junior Suite with City View

I don't know if it's my poor, bad luck or booking.com but once again, my suite wasn't ready and after waiting 2 and a half hours, I ended up with a smaller room.on the 8th floor. Yes, the manager comped me breakfast and two drinks but I wasn't there for the food, I was there for the room. Although they stored my bags so I could grab a coffee while I waited, I ultimately lost 3 hours of my tourist time (basically the time I had planned on visiting South Street Seaport, which I was very excited about. I spent a lot of time there as a child and I really wanted yo see the renovations).

It's location and staff are amazing

The wifi wasnt working the tv had crappy channels and the signal was really bad and to drink water or take anything they have there like soda or candy super expensive and when you book your room they dont tell you about the deposit.

The view was amazing really clean nice bathroom and bedroom

Some parts of the furniture need renovation. In my humble opinion, bathroom design is mediocre

My first impression was an astonishing view from our room. Everything was very neatly organized and the climate control ensured a comfortable atmosphere in the room. Living at this hotel certainly made our visit to NYC a special one. The price for the room I think is unbeatable in the city.