Reviews of The McCormick Scottsdale 3 stars

7401 North Scottdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85253, USA

#58 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Air conditioning was bad, bathroom faucet was loose, furniture was chipped and discolored, tub was chipped. Property need major update. Screendoor was off the track. But on the upsides the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

It could be better insulated for sound. The room next-door had the TV blaring! very annoying.. I'm not a complainer, but I could have easily been that night.. BUT it was saturday, so I turned my fan on to "constant" and turned a/c down a notch to make some of my own noise.. And thought if the TV next-door noise overpowers the noise from AC and fan enough to keep me awake. I would give that cat a ring.. but it helped enough to fall asleep. Traffic on Scottsdale Rd will seep through if your room faces the outside in that direction. I've had a room on the backend facing the pond.. noice! shoot for that if you're alight sleeper

Clean rooms, great space, comfortable beds. Fairly quiet..Location is great. It's my 5th or 6th time there, annual motorcycle trip..close to highways to begin daily journeys or jump out for a quick ride to old town or cave creek..or phx or fountain hills.. central!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

We had to check out and find another hotel. The parking lot by the room was pitch black and we did not feel safe. Never again. Booking and/or McCormick should refund but nobody will return emails or calls. Very upset and questioning whether I will use Booking again.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Heated pool was too cold to swim in, our room lead out to the parking lot, very bland room for the money that we paid to stay. I thought we were going to be in the resort and were not. We were in a annex????

The room was clean, but not worth the price paid.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

We paid extra for a deluxe king size room with Mountain View, our room barely had a lake view. In the future I would call hotel direct rather than reserving online.

Wait staff were excellent.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

No option for a late check-out or anywhere to shower after check-out if you continue to use the facilities, which is a pity if your flights are late afternoon or into the evening.

Lovely setting. Consistently pleasant service. Comfortable bed. Small but well stocked gym. Nice breakfast with buffet or upgrade options. Convenient for Old Town Scottsdale, Sky Harbor and getting out of town onto the desert trails. We will be coming back.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Rooms poorly cleaned. No regular coffee available in rooms. Difficult to find help in the bar area and outdoor pool because they had to cover a large area with few staff. Not even close to a 4 star hotel as was rated

Shuttle service and outdoor attendants were just lovely and friendly. The best thing about this hotel without a doubt!

• Deluxe King Mountain View

There could have been more umbrellas at the pool area. People had to compete for them. The carpeting in the rooms and common areas were soiled and could be replaced.

Upon our arrival my wife pinched a nerve in her back. It was difficult for her to get around. We found the mattress to be soft for her condition. We looked into other rooms as the staff (Tyler) was aware of her condition. He let the manager (Lisa Jackson) know of our situation. We left the premises for dinner and upon our return my wife was shocked to see that they were bringing in a brand new mattress to the room! Unheard of and unbelievable! The BEST customer service of any hotel!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Place seemed a little outdated for the area. Didn’t like being charged a “resort fee” we didn’t really use anything more than the pool. Plus the so called resort fee amenities looked quite lame.

Location and staff were very good.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

The staff made you feel important. They always wanted to please you. The breakfast was great. Close to the spring training ball parks we needed to get to.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

A little more gym equipment but that’s it... this is a lovely hotel and we will be back...

Lovely staff and a warm welcome that was maintained throughout our stay. It’s an ideal hotel for a stopover in transit to Sky Harbor

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Slow check-in process. Dirty trays left in the hallways consistently. Noisy air conditioning. Poor maid service. Need for more restaurants staff. Room coffee was not restocked properly. Waste baskets were not emptied on two different days. Very poor value for the money!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

On checking out on March 24, I could not get a receipt because of audit running on computer. I had flight to catch and I couldn’t wait for it to finish. I asked for an e-mail receipt to be sent to me. To date I haven’t received it.

Reservation process was easy and good e-mail confirmation.Front desk employees were very friendly and helpful.on

• Deluxe King Room-Courtyard View

The bed was hot to sleep in. The tub and toilet backed up. The screen door was broken. The young girl who checked us in was not happy or friendly. She was quite smug and snooty! She put a bad taste in our mouth to begin our stay. But, the rest of the staff made up for it.

I liked the roominess of the room and the layout of the hotel. The waiters, doormen, shuttle and pool guys were really hospitable. The pool cleanliness was outstanding!

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Room is anything but elegant!!! Very plain and old fashioned. Only one sink (but room for one more) No overhead lights - very dark. Did not get a replacement coffee for our second day and no cups to put our one coffee into.

The grounds are beautiful. The lake is pleasant.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Everything was great! Loved the hotel the lighting in the room could be improved but other than that the resort is so nice! Loved the breakfast!! All the food was soo good!! Also loved getting a discount on our room as well as breakfast vouchers just for some minor construction going on in the bathroom. That was so nice!!

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Check in and desk clerk could care less if we were there, ask to be close to my sister and he did not even check to see if there was a room close just said "Yeah, your close. Went to get the car and no valet, could not be found by us or the staff, good thing I had an extra key. Party in the hall form 10pm to 2:30 am, said there was a few calls , but still went on.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

The hash browns on the breakfast buffet weren't cooked enough but the rest of breakfast was fine. The walls are a bit thin, hallways a little dated.

Our room was clean and comfortable, workout facility was good, pool area was relaxing.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

We had a bad sewer smell in our bathroom, reported it right away on Friday when we found it and it took until Sunday late afternoon for them to find and fix the problem. Drink prices from the bar were very high.

Rooms were nice, beds alittle on the soft side. Staff was very friendly, Pool area was nice

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

We were very disappointed that the volleyball and tennis courts were out of order. My kids really wanted to play these sports, so that was a little frustrating. The mountain side view rooms were very loud when it came to traffic at night, so you couldn't get a sound sleep even with the balcony door shut. Also, the walls are very thin and the doors slam loudly when closing.

My family enjoyed the ability to go out on the lake early morning and canoe. The area was nice- we were in close proximity to a variety of shopping and dining options. The views of the mountain and lake were great. The breakfast was great, not a great deal of variety, but it was cooked to order and we had a very nice waiter both days.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

$19.00 ( plus tax) mandatory DAILY resort fee I could have rented a bike a block away for $1 an hour. I used a bike once, my husband none. I hate surprises @ checkout !!!

Comfortable bedding Clean pool & comfortable deck chairs Helpful staff

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

I thought it was a bit pricy for what it was. They had also billed me for someone else's bar tab when I went to check out and this took about 15 minutes to correct, but the did get it corrected for me.

Very clean and up to date.

• Deluxe King Room-Courtyard View

The cleaning staff were extremely loud every morning in the hall way starting from 8am. They only cleaned our room at 4pm and we had been out of the room since 10am.

The rooms are modern each with a balcony and outside seating. The pool was fantastic with a great view of the lake and golf course. Parking was abundant and on both sides of the property. Close to restaurants and a short drive from Fashion Square plus old Scottsdale.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

The air conditioning needs an upgrade, but it gets the job done. It kept making a rattling noise. Also, I know this is a non-smoking hotel, but someone in a surrounding room didn’t care, and sometimes our room would get that gross cigarette smell.

The hotel was amazing! We rented the bikes on our last day, and I didn’t want to leave. Everyone was so accommodating! I could lay in the hammocks all day! The bed is the best part of the room. So comfortable and a great size! I got the best sleep!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Courtyard View

Made our vacation really nice the grounds are Beautiful with the Lake and nice swimming pool . We ate outside at restaurant ,The food was awesome great ambience ! fire pits and the Lake as our view !!! We went to botanical gardens , butterflies were beautiful they also have a restaurant with really good food . Would definitely recommend !!!

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

There was a sign on the side door by our room that said it woukd be locked after 5 pm but it never seemed to be locked. Didn't seem that secure for at night. Also we had a ground floor room with access to the pool which was great but the ground right outside the door was alwas soaking wet. Some stepping stones would make it easier to keep our feet dry and we would not have tracked mud into the room!

We loved the pool area and the lake view. Eating breakfast on the patio was wonderful, also the firepits outside were very nice and enjoyable to use at night.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

I was woken up almost every night due to noise (people) outside my room. It felt to me that there was not enough insulation between room and hallway. Really, this place was just okay. Staff was very friendly, but the place could use a face lift.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

There was nothing we didn't like.

This property was absolutely fantastic from the staff to the resort to the room! Our first impression was upon check in with Jennifer at the front desk who was amazingly friendly and helpful, always with a smile on her face. Our room overlooked the lake and was stunning! The resort was quiet and peaceful and comfortable. There was a shuttle that ran from the hotel to the local restaurants so that was perfect! The pool and the grounds were immaculate and relaxing.

Cannot think of anything

Very nice comfortable room, very nice surroundings, great pool area overlooking the lake. Staff very helpful, even drove my partner and I into Scottsdale centre and picked us up later that evening. Would return again if in the area

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Wish it had a continental breakfast. Maybe just a little donuts or bagels. I wish it was a little cheaper but other than that no complaints. Had a great night there.

The pool was awesome. Nice to have ping pong, cornhole, and darts to play! The seats at the pool were comfy and nice! The view of the lake was gorgeous. The kayaks that you could use on the lake were great. Didn't have the opportunity to use the bikes but I love that it had a variety of things for you to use and do! The bedrooms were nice and comfy!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

No mirrors in the room, no electric plug-in near a mirror except in the bathroom which is very inconvenient for 2women getting ready at the same time.

Andrew our waiter. Jennifer at the front desk and Collin our chef!!!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

The property beautiful site, great pool area, access to swimming pool area. The staff at the restaurant was excellent (Irma-waitress) was soooo nice and food was excellent !

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Overpriced for what we got. Coffee in a pot? Not a good idea. Still haven't gotten a refund on what they over-charged for. Heather said it would be a few days. WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Paid cash upon check out for the resort fee and they went ahead and also charged my credit card without permission to do so. Unauthorized charges, when they were already paid in full. Handled very poorly, customer service wise with normal office staff. Management was great.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

The inside of the property and restaurant could use a little updating I think just new carpet and some new furniture in the restaurant and lounge area would make a world of difference... The pool could use more shade tarps in the summer and even a cooling systemit it was very warm which is kind of a turn off in this type of heat.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Hotel was very well kept, clean, no crowds, pool was cool and clean. We just booked an overnight staycay and we really enjoyed it. Like a hidden gem for us. Looking forward to going back again. Room was upgraded to a lake view and it was so nice! Rooms are very spacious as well. Enjoyed the coffee in room, and there is bottled water so that you can make it. Overall great stay!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Cheap for business travel but would not reccomend for leisure . Tired/ dated property. I did like the shuttle service that was nice to get to and from town.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

I realize it's Scottsdale, but it was average for the cost. I expected a little more for the money. I asked/paid for a top floor lake view and ended up on bottom floor with pool view. Doors slam, and woke me up several times.

Very clean and nice. Good size rooms, not cramped at all.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Deluxe King Mountain View

There is an employee at the front desk, Heather, who seems to lack customer service skills and understanding that the guests are important. She seemed to do the minimal amount of work and it shows. For example: I called for the shuttle to pick us up, gave the phone number and location. An hour later, no shuttle. Called again, told her exactly where we were, again, she said the number I gave her didn't work. She wrote it down wrong we found out later, however no apology or recognition that she made an error that caused us to wait almost an hour and a half for the shuttle. Just not a genuine person and does not represent the property well. At all.

The majority of the staff was very welcoming, friendly and personable. They were great!

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Not a resort - 1 outdoor pool, small fitness area with 4 machines, no spa, tennis court surface crumbling, no high end shampoos or creams, no concierge, not much to do at the hotel. Trash was piled up near front and staff didn't notice. Mattress was like a water bed, when spouse moved, flipped my side up -we are not big people either.

located conveniently on N. Scottsdale Rd

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Deluxe King Mountain View

The property strikes me as dated and in need of a major upgrade, particularly given the nightly cost. Nevertheless, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe King Mountain View

We were on our honeymoon night. I had let the desk know that as well as that we would be late. When we arrived they couldn't find our reservation and then when they finally did there was nothing special about our room. It's our wedding night. I also was charged an additional $50 and have no idea why. I now have to call the resort to inquire as to why I was charged an extra $50

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Hotel rooms need updating and something needs to be done about the noise levels. This hotel was the worst I have ever experienced for noise issues between rooms and from traffic outside.

Staff and location

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

We wanted to sign up for the mellineum frequent flyer card and the staff said they would not credit the current stay. ????!!!!! The "resort" title and no spa, massage, or other amenities on the site. Would have had to travel down the road to get a massage--NOT a good plan. I can do that at home.

The view of the lake and the birds--ducks, geese, and cranes plus others--the hammocks, the quiet, we were in an end room and appreciated that! The staff were courteous and the housekeeping staff superb. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Amazing view of the lake! When we booked online we requested a lake view and got the perfect room for it. The bed and room were perfect, and an overnight stay is definately worth the money. We will definately be back.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Excellent, delicious food. Beautiful grounds. Quiet rooms. We had a very delightful stay. Loved eating outside on the patio. Loved having a slider to the balcony, which we kept open most of the time for fresh air.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

On the web site it stated mountain view so I was hoping for a quiet room with a pretty view. Little did I know until we arrived that we were stuck facing the loud and busy street! Even with the sliding door closed you could hear the traffic. I asked to be moved and was charged another $20 a day to move to the patio side. I spent over $900 to stay 4 nights. There was a huge hole in the bathtub where the ceramic had peeled off and the sheets were starched and uncomfortable. The drawers in the dresser smelled like mildew. We ate one meal in the restaurant there and had the wonton chips, teriyaki glaze, sour cream and avocado with diced chicken which was not good a good combination at all and the mushroom burger was bland as all get out. No sauces or seasoning, The lemonade was all watered down with no flavor. I paid over $50 for this meal and was really disappointed. I will not stay at this hotel ever again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The ice water container by the front desk

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

No hot tub. Service at restaurant was excellent but the food was poor.

Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Awesome location to trails, old town, restaurants!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Very expensive for the room size

Food was good at restauant expensive for dinner but enjoyed the breakfast. Too expensive for just an overnight stay with added charge for resort fees when we were only there overnight.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

This list can go on! As a hotel owner I was very impressed with your hotel staff...with everyone from morning/afternoon/night audit shifts/security/shuttle drivers/restaurant staff! The shuttle service is amazing for Scottsdale as it saved me from using Uber and other means of transportation! Thank you for such an amazing hospitable stay and for the staff being on point throughout my entire stay! Simply amazing! Keep up the good work!!!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Reception. 1) Checked in on the 22nd and one person at the desk on a long phone call taking a reservation. Stood and stood until someone else came in who had obviously (from the smell) been on a cigarette break and checked us in. 2) It was stormy on Xmas eve and we decided to have dinner in the hotel. It was a fixed menu and we had excellent service and great food. Decided the next day to tell the desk clerk Helia to pass on our positive comments to the manager and chef. Her response was: "Did you have a colored waiter?" Stunned as I was, I thought she was going to give me his name and I said yes. She asked me if we charged our dinner to the room because someone had left without putting down their room number. I said I didn't think so and she said that the waiter had described a couple and she obviously thought it was my husband and me. At that moment my husband came into the lobby and told her that we had used a credit card and generously tipped our server. She continued to ask us of we were sure because of the description of the couple, etc., etc. We walked away with our good intentions turned negative. It wasn't a good experience.

Comfortable bed, quite room - a nice retreat amidst holiday festivities.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

No valet service offered. Had to carry our luggage to our room. No ice in the ice machine when I went to fill the ice bucket. The toilet paper & Kleenex were very cheap & rough. Was not happy about paying the additional daily resort fee of $19 for misc things including using the bicycles, pool, etc which we did not plan on doing.

Free parking. Comfortable bed. Nice view of the lake.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

I booked it because I thought it would be a quiet resort. It was NOT! I had a mountain view and the road noise was awful. There were several events at the hotel through the weekend and it was loud and noise. VERY hard to sleep.

It was really pretty.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

That we couldn't get a roll away when we arrived.

That I could bring my pet! Needed a roll away but was told I should have let them know earlier. My brother in law sleep in the bathtub

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe King Mountain View

We wished for a late checkout; as an important part of our the trip was to attend a special event breakfast. No arrangements were considered. Should have told us from the beginning. They kept insisting we call the morning of. Consequently, we missed the breakfast And scrambled to leave the room. Very disappointing.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Worst Experience of my life! Dirty towels, burned carpet, and a dead bloated rat in the pool! This place is a dump! Is not a RESORT! They dont even have a jacuzzi and is run down stay away from this one!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Happy Hour on Saturday was a bit loud for our liking, but they were respectful and shut it down at a reasonable time.

The staff were the most attentive of anywhere we've ever stayed. They were very friendly, courteous and helpful, making suggestions of things we might enjoy. Lovely stay.

• Deluxe King Mountain View

olympic swimming pool was closed for renovation

given room 126. pool view. paid for lake view

excellent staff

• Deluxe King Mountain View

Wine party and shuttle bus

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

It was really worth it to get a lakeside view. Beautiful, patio you can sit out and enjoy. Nice pool.

Food poisoning

Got worst food poisoning of my life there. None of the staff seemsd to care or even wanted to know what i ate to check their supplies.

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

More umbrellas at the pool. More staff serving drinks at the pool

Super bed and pillows and linens

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

The relaxed atmosphere... Complementary water a nice touch

Noise in hallway

Bed was great

• Deluxe King Room Lake View

Bugs from the lake in our room. And we had never opened any doors our windows.

Location to old town

The staff was incredible

• Deluxe King Room-Courtyard View

Great location,on the lake,clean room, great bed, great breakfast! Would definitely stay there again !

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

At busy times the property could probably use another shuttle

The staff was very accommodating and very pleasant which made our stay very enjoyable

• Deluxe King Mountain View

We were in mountain view room which meant on scottsdale Ave very noisy

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

Wonderful staff. Irma in the restaurant was pleasant and helpful beyond the call of duty.

Noise was an issue. Lobby and Road

• Deluxe King Mountain View

You can hear the very busy street in front and everyone in the hallway.

The bed was nice but my wife and I were very tired.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds - Mountain View

My sliding glass door lock was busted.

I loved the gym, lake and the layout of everything. The staff is awesome! They helped me out a lot.

Browse The McCormick Scottsdale traveller photo gallery