Reviews of Millennium Hilton New York One UN Plaza 4 stars

One United Nations Plaza, Midtown East, New York, NY 10017, USA

#168 of 415 hotels in New York

5.7

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were small doubles - 4ft only. After staying in 3 other US locations, I had got used to 5-6 ft beds. Also the pillows were not that comfy (again compared to what I had become used to). The room was advertised for 4 adults but it was a bit of a squeeze to be honest.

The location of this hotel was convenient. I also liked that there seemed to be plenty of security measures in place. Sniffer dogs on book-in and you couldn't use the lifts unless you had a room key.

Millennium Hotel, One UN Plaza, New York

Concierge staff who were suppose to help with theatre tickets, maps, general information etc etc. Rude and inattentive and should go on a customer care course on how to smile and look at people who are talking to them. No pool. Quite expensive for not a lot of amenities

Staff helping with bags etc very helpful and cleaning staff.

• Queen Room

I recommend to all! Excellent Hotel! Perfect location, gorgeous views, very clean rooms, comfortable beds and so so friendly staff! Special THANK YOU, Masha Kirr! You are very positive, unrealistically clever, amazing, unique and absolutely fantastic person! The next visit in New York will be only in this hotel!!!

The view from the corner room is incredible!
    • Corner King Room

The cleaning stuff was so annoying, we put the flayer ‚do not disturb’ on the door but they nevertheless come in...it’s so unproffesional. They were also so noisy...

The view from the corner room is incredible! Very clean and luxury place. So comfortable beds. Concierge are so so so friendly.

Nice view, staff was friendly, local businesses to eat and...

No fridge available, windows were a little dirty and very little complimentary items

Nice view, staff was friendly, local businesses to eat and shop near

We loved that it was a quieter area of New York but not too...
    • Queen Room

We loved that it was a quieter area of New York but not too far from the hussle and bussle of time square and 5th Avenue. The staff were so friendly and check in was super quick

Perfect location!
    • Queen Room

Slightly dated shower needed to be more powerful

Perfect location, close to grand central terminal for subway & other main sights, very helpful staff who attended to all of our requests, lovely cafe for a quick breakfast in main lobby, modern hotel & incredible view of Hudson River from hotel room!

Good stay happy enough but not sure I'd recommend
    • Queen Room

Staff could of been a bit more friendlier, location makes it a bit of a walk from times square etc

Nice clean hotel , beds comfy and not bad size rooms ,staff ok.

4.5
    Nice hotel but not up to expectations.
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

Practically froze in our room. The heat had not been turned on in the hotel. Finally turned on in the middle of the night. They gave us blankets but really? This is a Hilton? Also, did not get Honors points because I used booking.com.

Great view, clean room.

The views was AMAZING.
    • Queen Room

at some point it was really cold in our room but they didnt have the heat but they brought an extra blanket for us.

The views was AMAZING. we really had a good time!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay from beginning to end. We even used the Hotel BlueTooth to play Jazz
    • Corner King Room

Nothing to add, the Trip was excellent. Though we were not able to check-in early, the Corner-King Room with views of NYC Skyline and Harbor were well worth the wait. EXCELLENT!

We did not eat Breakfast at the Hotel. However, we do wish to express a SPECIAL "THANK YOU!" to the Bell Man, named "Eddie" or possible "Edward." He is from North Carolina and rather talkative (very knowledgable and informative.) On one particular evening, Eddie literally RAN down the street to catch up to us (as we left the Hotel, walking to Union Station); and he provide us with a Courtesy Umbrella for our walk, because he had heard of the possibility of Rain on the Weather forecast. We ended up using that Umbrella throughout the night; and we were EXTREMELY GRATEFUL for his kindness/thoughtfulness. He truly went well above and beyond the call to exceed our greatest expectations/requests.

Beautifull, confortable, clean, location, friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Parking I believe its too pricy compare to other public parking lot in the area. $79 for SUV at Hilton for the night and $50.00 for 24hr at other locations.

Cleaness, friendly staff. Bed very confortable, space was about right for us. Very clean and beautiful entrance/ lobby. Walking distance to restaurants, and amenities. I reserved my room with city view, and got the best view ever! I will go back no doubt, I love Hilton.

Lovely hotel to stay in.

The only fault I have is the paid WiFi,I feel you pay enough to stay without having to pay 9.99 dollars a day for it.The hotel is a bit far from the main attractions but you can walk and it’s lovely to do so.

The hotel itself is beautiful,spotless and the staff are very friendly.The rooms are big and spacious we were on the 38th floor with fantastic views of the city.There is a lovely little coffee/pastry shop in the lobby a little on the expensive side but lovely.There are plenty of taxis lined up outside for your convenience too.I will be returning to this hotel in the future.

My third year staying at this hotel, always a good experience.
    • Queen Room

The staff was very accommodating - Barry - at the front desk made check in easy and very timely went out of his way to give me an umbrella - as it started raining

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The hotel was a 15 min walk to Grand Central & a half...
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub

The view wasn’t exactly as the pics I google searched, but I still had a great view of the Empire building

The hotel was a 15 min walk to Grand Central & a half hour walk to Times Square

Great location, simple hotel, great option.
    • Queen Room

- All the lobby area it's from the 90's, come on! invest on it, it needs a new face.

- Location, close from everything - Staff enough nice and collaborator. - Room, classic boring room from standard hotels, but it has everything you need!!!

• Queen Room

The stuff in deck so bad Service , room service , the bathroom had problem in the dishwasher broken and the room is not same the picture when I book

Excellent!
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

I like everything in this Hotel! Fantastic view! Very clean! Comfortable bed, excellent location ver quite and close to everything I highly reccoment this Hotel :)

You can walk to Times square not too far away.
    • Queen Room

When i ask how much I will have to paid for Parking and they say it will be $55 so when I checked out I ended up paying $80.

You can walk to Times square not too far away. Alot of places near very convenient

Fell in love with New York
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

amazing hotel I travel quiet a lot and have stayed in a lot of hotels, this hotel has been my favorite, staff are very pleasant and cleanliness of room daily top standard, our view from our hotel room was amazing my 2 girls aged 5 and 9 loved our room, the hotel is very central 5 min walk to grand central and 15 min walk to Times Square. Would 100 percent recommend this hotel and will definitely be back

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The view from my room.
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

Should have included free breakfast for the amount of money spent just to stay at this property. There should be a small 24/7 store for convenience of patrons instead of having to walk a block away to get drinks. On our second day we wanted to do some tours so we stopped at the concierge to ask questions he was rude and didn't answer my questions at all just gave me a map and turned the other way I felt disrespected like I didn't belong at this hotel.

The view from my room. The guy at check in was very nice and helpful.

Weekend break

Disappointed that the pool was being renovated and the nearest pool offered instead was a YMCA for a day pass.

We upgraded to a suite with 360 views! Absolutely beautiful! Great location too!

Friendly, helpfull staff, lovely rooms and a beautiiful view!
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

I had never stayed around midtown east and I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Good location; it's a short enough walk to most places, but in Manhattan you're going to have to walk anyway. There's a drug store (Duane Reid/CVS) two blocks away and plenty of places to stop for coffee/breakfast/snacks within two blocks too. It's a fairly short walk from the subway if you get a train from the airport too. The hotel itself was gorgeous - we had a lovely view of the Empire State, Chrysler and (in the distance) One World Trade out of our bedroom window which we really weren't expecting. The bathroom was also huge and the room was very clean and modern. The hotel staff were lovely, always very friendly and went out of their way to make sure you were okay. The concierge even stopped us walking out into some rain to let us know we could get an umbrella from reception, which turned out to be a lifesaver! Overall great weekend stay.

Nice hotel. Staff did bare minimum.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub

The shower was the most complex system in the world. It was like rocket science. Had the staff been more concerned with us actually being in their hotel it would have been amazing. We weren’t anyone’s “guests”. We were staying in someone’s hotel and then other people were payed to take my card at the checkin.

Loved that I could Connect to my Netflix for free The workers at the coffee shop were nice

The shuttle was a real disaster - be careful before paying.
    • Corner King Room

The shuttle was a real disaster - be careful before paying. Make sure that they confirm you the itinerary and the arrival time... the guy was really aggressive, unprofessional and we arrived really late...

Clean, friendly hotel. Sad that the pool stated on the website is not there .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Website says that it has a pool but it doesn’t and apparently hasn’t had one for a couple of years. That was disappointing.

Friendly staff. Great views from the toom

A little bit of a walk from Times Square but very clean and...
    • Queen Room

When we checked in the front desk woman was so lovely and caring. When we checked out the front desk guy was rude, angry and aggressive towards us.

A little bit of a walk from Times Square but very clean and big rooms, nice view.

First time in the big Apple!!!
    • Queen Room

The receptionist took some time until she offered me her attention and unlike other customers I was not offered the complimentary welcome package. The breakfast is not offering a very diverse choice of food and it is more American than Continental.

The hotel is 5 minutes away from Grand Central Station and across the road from UN building and East River offering a very nice view. The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very good offering a European style bathtub. The staff in the hotel restaurant are very nice and polite and always there to offer you anything you need.

Birthday Treat

Need a few Irish breakfast teabags in the room 😂

Racquelle at reception gave us a great welcome and an upgraded room because it was my wife's birthday treat from our children. The city view from the higher floor room we had was amazing day and night. The door staff were very helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble.

The toilet seat in room has automatic body washing facility.
    • Queen Room

Wifi was not good. The computer system failed at the beginning to clearly set the total cost I had to pay. Hence, I got an sms the next morning saying that I will be charged extra money. Also, after I checked out in the morning, I received at night of the same day that money was withdrawn from my credit card for the benefit of the hotel. So I had to call the hotel to clear out the matter and revert the transaction.

The toilet seat in room has automatic body washing facility. This was very important for me.

I’m so despondent, I made the reservation for my parents who...
    • Queen Room

I’m so despondent, I made the reservation for my parents who are coming to visit, I saw the pictures and I like it . Knowing a little there was actually two towers the nice one and the old one !! When here you only see the pictures of the nice one ! After spending their night in the old one I went to pick them up and I saw that they were placed there even though in the reservation it said nothing about that ! They embraced me in front of them and I’m so mad !! They made my mom really uncomfortable ! The options should be clear when making the reservation so we would be able to choose which room we really want and not that tiny old one !

Great as a base to explore New York.

The hotel bar was a bit dark and dingy.

Great location. Easy to walk to Times Square etc. good choice of places to eat nearby. Great view of river from bedroom and from the gym.

It was so worth it!!
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

No microwave in the room for late nigh/early morning snack. No ice machine. This did not affect my stay. I loved this hotel.

Very comfortable, relaxing, private, secure. Great staff.

4.5
    6 nights not so nice that few years agiwe will not come acain in this hotel
    • Queen Room

The room service unavailable and the account person for check out not performing at all Not conditionner air some night working Carpet in luft hall old has to be changed

The view on the East River

The staff were so helpful with everything especially the...

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel,it was excellent I would recommend it to anyone

The staff were so helpful with everything especially the bellhopsor door man

wonderful stay. thanks also to the friendly staff.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub

the air conditioning in the entrance area is a bit too strong. otherwise everything is great.

comfortable room. wonderful view. great location when work is at the UN

good stay
    • Two-Room King Suite with Sofa Bed

room service menu very limited. and only room service from 5pm-11pm the breakfast was super expensive and not much of a buffet spread.

comfy room clean cafe in hotel was nice MSA sniffer dogs and the guards were a big bonus, we enjoyed meeting them all and they were all kind to chat to us and the dogs were so super nice. location is good

Location was find walking distance to Times Square and...
    • Corner King Room

Asked to use a microwave to eat some leftover to snack on and they wanted to charge me 30 dollars so instead went out to eat and wasted $100

Location was find walking distance to Times Square and Central Park

Room was beautiful, great view and location for us - near the UN.

Was not a deal breaker, however I did not find the staff to be overly helpful, felt like I was imposing every time I need to ask for information and or a service. I expected more from a Hilton Hotel

Great experience!

I enjoyed the staff , the cleanliness and the overall service! This is my 2nd time staying at the Millennium hotel and they both have been Great experiences!

The staff in general.

The housekeeping staff are too loud and woke me up everyday, despite the "do not disturb" sign. They need to keep their voices down. The price was also high.

The staff in general. The location.

In the end it worked out but we had to request a new room. Don’t use booking.com

The false advertising by booking.com and having to fight with the manager who wasn’t pleasant to deal with.

The staff was great and courteous! The views are nice and the beds are comfy.

The location was very nice (next to the UN HQ)+ the staff...

The hotel is old and in a way not very well taken care of, it gave me a sense that they only rely on the location. The breakfast menu is limited.

The location was very nice (next to the UN HQ)+ the staff were very helpful

Great location!
    • Queen Room

There was no restroom available at the lobby at my time there.

Great location! They do not make it difficult for you! Comfortable and welcoming! I will go there again.

I enjoyed my stay and definitely will stay again
    • Queen Room

I was not able to check-in early. I had call the front desk twice after check-in time before I was able to check-in an hour and 55 after check-in

Great location with a beautiful day and night time view

I highly recommend this hotel -- Room was just great..
    • Queen Room

Check in was a little strained .. they didn't have enough people at the front desk so the line was to the door... but they apologized for the delay and offered their services to make up for it ..

Really comfortable - wonderful friendly staff --

Great location, as a are most hotels in that area, so book early!
    • Queen Room

The shower tray was slightly damaged, one of the lights above my sink in the bathroom did not work and the lifts broke down on the second day so it took over 20 minutes to get up to my room. When the lifts were fixed there was not internal light, luckily one of the staff escorted me using his mobile to light up the lift. The price of breakfast is ridiculously expensive so best to eat outside, which is what I did.

It was alright.
    • Queen Room

The fact that there were no water bottles in the fridge. Also, the service at the convenience store in the hotel was very slow.

I liked the cleanliness.

Beds were comfy and it was clean, nothing more than you...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were a little snobby, felt like because I booked through booking.com that I was 'in the cheap seats' you know those people who just pay the bills.....

Beds were comfy and it was clean, nothing more than you epect from a 5 star hotel

Next time in NY , I'm going to stay in this same hotel !
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

Too small coffee maker even for two people , always you need more water and too small espresso capsules .

The amazing view on Manhattan , special from the street side on 29 floor .

Excellent views, great staff, convenient valet parking, very good value for NYC.
    • Double Room with Two Full Beds

The restaurant had good bar type food, but was honestly overpriced.

The check in was great, bellstaff was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful view! I liked that it was a little out of the way. It's about 2 blocks from grand central. For NYC I thought it was great value for the money.

It was a good stay, staff were very nice especially room service and turn down services.
    • Corner King Room

They took money out of my card account before letting me know, I found this very unprofessional for ancustomer who was spending $$$ to stay at this hotel

Location or wifi

NO COMPLEMENTARY WiFi! I can't believe this........ If you're in the city for the sightseeing and only need a bed then I suppose it's not a great deal, but still, WiFi should be a standard features nowadays. Other issues seemed minor, but I might as well include them: wall is not very sound-proof, and the room has weird layout.

Midtown location, right next to the UN, in hotel cafe and restaurants, comfy beds and fast elevators since we were on the top floor 38, lol. Oh and the view of the river was beautiful, started my morning right :)

Clean, quiet hotel away from the buzz but local enough

We loved the fact that this hotel does not use any scents, sprays, air freshener in the lobby or anywhere else !That is a big big plus, as most other chains like ICG (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, etc )use it and it causes headache and nausea amongst other things like breathing problems... But this hotel is clean !! Very kind and professional Staff, friendly security + dogs !! Nice rooms where you can even open the window a bit and very kind service at the business center /sky lounge. Stayed 10 days and will come back - thank you !

Will definitely return! Amazing hotel :)
    • Queen Room

Drinks in the hotel bar were a little pricey but this was the first time we visited New York so perhaps was average price ?

Amazing room view and the room size was perfect! Comfy bed, huge smart tv, clean room, friendly staff! Fabulous hotel, will definitely return!

Rooms are very nice.

Lacked some room amenities like bathrobe and slippers. No minibar. The outsides of bedrooms, including halls, corridors and elevators are old. Too bad the crew could handle the view I asked for.

Rooms are very nice. King Room is big. Bathroom totally renovated with good amenities. Bed awesome! Complimentary coffee is a very nice touch.

I was told all hotel rooms in Manhattan were tiny, they...
    • Queen Room

Could’ve been told that we would have to pay a 200 dollar deposit prior to checking in.

I was told all hotel rooms in Manhattan were tiny, they clearly never stayed at this hotel! The room was so spacious and amazing with a great view of the nyc skyline.

Horrible!
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub

I couldn't believe such a hotel still charges for wifi while most hotels I have stayed in NY include wifi. Secondly the porters are racist. I am black and nobody came to help with my bags. They just watched me struggle to open the doors with two bags. Yet, they all rushed to white guests! What a shame that a hotel which mainly serves UN guests can still behave like this. I will never stay there again, neither recommend to anyone.

The room was spacious and comfortable and that is about it.

• Queen Room

Beautiful comfortable room with southern view, nicely arranged and decorated. Very attentive staff. Great breakfast. Fantastic value. What could be better ?! Highly recommended.

Great location!

no pool. breakfast not included. TV checkout wasn't working. customer service was subpar. i didnt even know but i was an elite hilton member and they didnt treat me as such. When i called operator, they welcomed me as a sivler member and sent up water bottles and a benefits card, permitting access to pool in neighboring hotel. front desk check in was a plain vanilla experience; not memorable.

Great location! few minutes walk from subway. Suite on 37th floor; great views of chrysler, empire and one world buildings. comfortable bed, very spacious suite. bathroom was modern; good lighting.

Really did like the hotel and the position of it was not a problem for us. Would recommend.
    • Queen Room

Biggest concern was book on pretext that it had a swimming pool only to be told that it’s been out of action for three years..not happy!!! Bar prices a bit steep for bottled beer, ok it is New York City I suppose but nothing on draft. Hotel is away from the buzz and lights of the City being situated right near the UN building, which is not really a problem as it was nice to be in a slightly less noisy part of town in the evening, and would take about 10 minutes to get to grand central terminal and 30 minutes to get to Times Square, or 10 dollars in a cab.

Room and the whole of the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Everything worked well including the air con and safe. All staff were very friendly, even the two on duty sniffer dogs!! Lifts were fast and all were working fine. Very nice and clean bathroom with great mirrors & lighting. Room also had a large 42inch flat screen tv. Hotel on the whole had a very plesent and cosy feel about it.

Absolutely wonderful large room, great views and spa shower!
    • Queen Room

The super expensive $49 buffet pricing! That was the worst part of the experience, we could not afford $80 for breakfast for 2.

Larger than expected room, very lovely ultra modern bath with a spa shower! The views are gorgeous and simply breathtaking! Parking was not bad up the street. Didn’t eat st the restaurant. The buffet price of $40pp was way too steep and unnecessary.

Excellent hotel, the wi fi was free to us at least.

Excellent hotel, the wi fi was free to us at least. This is a first class hotel, just slightly of the centre o town but the metro is easy to use. we found the breakfast place a bit under stocked. but the staff were excellent and attentive, we got a great price through booking .com much less than the hotel were quoting ( thank goodness)

The upgrade to the room was definitely worth it.
    • Queen Room

The upgrade to the room was definitely worth it. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the staff were helpful in getting me around the city. The hotel is in walking distance of Times Square and Grand Central Station. Thank you Millenium!

Nice hotel.
    • Queen Room

Nice hotel. Shame pool hasn't been in service for years. Close to Grand Central Station. 30 min walk to Times Square. 30+ min walk to Central Park. No night life in the area.

Great city view

Customer service is bad.

City view was great.(corner room). Room was clean and awesome. Bed was super comfortable. Location is great but bit far from main attractions.

It was good, but could have been better.
    • Queen Room

Our tub had a problem draining, and when it was "fixed" it still wasn't draining properly. However, the front desk was able to move us to a nicer room which was nice and very much appreciated. A queen bed is more like the size of a full bed, so I would suggest to get a king. Even the queen room is tiny, definitely go for King! Lastly, you need to pay for the WiFi, and breakfast is too expensive.

The bed was sooooo comfortable! The staff was friendly and helpful. Great location, and a spectacular view of the city!

Great stay would recommend

room needed to be vacuumed was objects on the floor

called ahead was running behind to let hotel would be past check in time lady on phone was great finally arrived at hotel around 6 pm check in was smooth no problems room was on 36th floor the room was dirty went back to desk to let them know had no problem getting another room . the bed was so comfortable had a view hotel was in great location in walking distance to grand central station got on train with no issues had great time would stay again

6.0
    Will not return.
    • Queen Room

No room service. Rooms small and inconvenient. Closet small and safe on the floor (how to access???), which interferes with hanging suits. Left kindle behind in bedside table drawer, called immediately from airport to report and told it could not be found. Important, UN confidential documents at risk. Very inconvenient, indeed impossible, to 'meet' in the lobby, even with other hotel guests.

Good room size, nice bathroom, clean, relatively quite for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room we booked is presented as suitable for 4 people, which is reflected in the price. When we arrived at check in the receptionist told us this room had two "normal" double beds (130-140 cm wide) which would be a bit narrow for sleeping 2 people, but that he could upgrade us to a room with larger beds (160-170 cm) for an extra charge of UD75/night. This was not something we were ready to do given the already high price of the room. The hotel and Booking.com should not advertise rooms as suitable for 4 people unless they have beds that can actually fit 4 people in a comfortable way - otherwise you are misleading your customers. Other negatives: my daughter got what I strongly believe to be bug bites after sleeping in the hotel. I saw a cockroach crawling over the floor of the gym, which is located on the 29th floor far from kitchens/restaurants.

Good room size, nice bathroom, clean, relatively quite for NY, nice view

Absolutely brilliant hotel in many aspects!
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Tub

Only thing missing in this hotel is a pool, and one other little thing,,... the room service / staff chapping the door was a bit too much, I got to the point I felt u comfortable and was waiting on someone walking in my room. Most annoyed when u have to check out at 11am and they are chapping the door asking if u want room service at 10.40! Bit of a let down.

I loved the rooms, the view, very spacious, bed confortable, shower food, powerful, gym facilities and staff were friendly. Great location!

The view was amazing!
    • Queen Room

The cleaning lady was coming every day at 8:30am. Don’t get me wrong I wake up early everyday to go to work but this was memorial weekend I wanted to relax and wake up whenever I wanted. I had the “privacy” sign on so she never bothered us directly but she was making so much noise outside the room opening and closing the closets and talking very loud to every single person that was passing by and the other cleaning ladies. I would also comment on the wifi that is $9.95/day which is weird in 2018 when the WiFi is free everywhere! And the reception in the room was not very good, maybe that’s how I noticed. These are my only comments! Otherwise the room,the view and the area were fantastic!

The view was amazing!The room was very clean and the area is wonderful! There is everything nearby, from a CVS to restaurants and bars.

Amazing view with a hard-to-beat location next to the river,...
    • Queen Room

Staff was a little cold. Also, if you're looking to take the subway around the city you will have to walk a few blocks.

Amazing view with a hard-to-beat location next to the river, UN and a short walk to major sights (but without the noise of times square)

location was good and view from was good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Does not worth what you pay for. Room was smaller than shown during booking, no drinking water supplied, bathrooms had no lock and water from sower was making bathroom completely wet.

location was good and view from was good.

I had a very good stay.
    • Queen Room

The room was small; however, I did not spend a lot of time in the room. I wished the refrigerator was a little bigger. The coffee maker in my room did not work.

The Millennium Hilton is in a great location, the staff was friendly, and the hotel was clean. I feel that it was a good value for the cost. Oh, I must say that the views of NY from my corner room on an upper floor were great!