Reviews of Millennium Buffalo 3 stars

2040 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA

#14 of 21 hotels in Cheektowaga

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a horrible room. Looking out the window onto a wall was disconcerting. The bathroom was tiny. The air conditioning vent was right above the thermostat so the room was overly warm and couldn’t be cooled further.

The pool area looked nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff did an amazing job with a problem I was having with my account,your coustomer service representative worked with them to make my account correct together they used skills that showed what good team work should be. Thanks

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were a lot of events that prevented use of certain facilities. Lots of rehearsals and get togethers in the courtyard next to the pool. A little awkward to swim in front of 50+ strangers.

The room was very neat and clean. Location was fantastic! Immediately off the interstate so easy access to different locations. It was next to the airport as well so very close for those travelers. You couldn't hear interstate or airport noise. Convenient parking near a side entrance with elevator. Two large restaurants in the hotel provided fun nightlife with a bar and lounge. Overall the facilities were spectacular. Definitely recommend if someone wants to travel to Buffalo, N.Y. on a budget.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booked it for a pool, yet it was closed for a wedding part of the time and full of a birthday party with at least 30 people Saturday night.... should be reserved for hotel guests only.

Property was in a great location and a clean comfortable room

Breakfast wasn’t included even though I paid over $100 for my room.

Very nice room & decor. I picked this hotel because every other one I saw looked like a grandma’s house.

It was busy on a Saturday night. The pool area was packed full of loud kids and teenagers. The room was rather chilly upon on our arrival (thermostat was left at 60 degrees F) and the duvets were much too thin.

Perfectly located for a weekend shopping trip. Impressive indoor pool area and sizeable guest rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sheets were dirty bathroom was dirty staff was not friendly (check in staff was nice). I couldn’t change the room temperature to what I wanted it to be so the room was to hot for our comfort.

That we have to use the pool With people arent guest. I think this policy should be change

This is a highly recommended place to stay in a visit to Buffalo or Niagara. Great hotel, kindly staff, specially Jeff (room service) and Maria (Waldens Rest) comfortable rooms, Clean and everthing ok

At the price per night, free breakfast should be a given. I stayed 5 days at 130 a pop and still had ti pay 19.99 for breakfast which honestly was your typical continental breakfast at any other hotel. Also, the pool was overcrowded with unruly kids not staying there and we had to go to the front desk constantly to complain because they were yelling racial slurs at us. I think there should be a key card to get into the pool area to prevent families from off the street just coming in. And when I say overcrowded, i'm talking like 20+ kids/people.

The bed and pillows ensure a deep night sleep.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

THe air conditioner in the room sounded like an exhaust fan above an oven, it worked well but the noise was annoying. I also thought there was a hot tub but there is not, the pool is really nice

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The mall right next to us came in handy for whatever we forgot. The location was perfect, everything was 25-30 min from the hotel.

Big room. Close to the airport, you only need to call the hotel, press 2 and inform them your arrival, and they'll pick you up by shuttle bus. Also close to a big shopping mall with 200+ stores and food court. 30-40 minutes drive to the Niagara Falls, the uber will approximately cost 40 dollars. But if you choose to take the bus, the bus stop is just near the hotel and it costs 4 dollars, 2 hours. And it's also good to enjoy the views on the way.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lounge food was very mediocre they served an appetizer that was too oily and if it wasn't that it was burnt

Clean they only thing it didn't have was a jacuzzi the pool area was great other than that

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish we were told about the rooms of we wanted an outside room with a view or an inside room with a little deck to relax on.

The lounge was nice and the rooms were also great. Staff was super friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeper knocked on our door at 8:40 am to clean our room - woke us up. Find it crazy they don’t get checked out list from front desk.

Pool was crowded - lots of kids

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't get the room (suite) that I reserved and when asked was told that none was available. The room smelled weird upon entering. The toilet seat was a CONSTANT problem...but being that we were there for 2 nights we grinned and bear it. Housekeeping literally only made the bed...they didn't replenish anything.

The beds were fine. I liked the fact that it was close to the mall.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking especially handicap parking. I drove around for an hour. I can't walk far, especially with luggage. No carts to help me with my luggage. I almost started to cry. I needed help. Finally, CELESTE helped me. Running ,screaming preteen kids up and down hallway until 1pm. Not one parent anywhere.

Most of the staff was terrific; housekeeping was pushy, took my do not disturb sign and didn't return it...so constsntly knocking on door while I try to get dressed.

Room smelled like cigarette smoke. There was piss on the toilet seat when I first walked into the bathroom. The bathtub leaked water from the bottom. The tv barely worked.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

-Bathroom seemed to be aging a bit. -Despite having a 'Do not Disturb' sign on door the cleaning staff knocked on my door at 10:15 am, presumably to alert me to my 11am checkout. -11 am checkout seems early to me. -Water pressure in my shower was a bit weak.

-Staff is great. -Clean room. -Room was great overall. -Pool area is really pretty and unique. -Complimentary breakfast was definitely solid.

That Pizza Hut did not deliver to the hotel

I found this hotel on booking.com was looking for something inexpensive for my 40th birthday just to get out and venture. Was happy that it was a key location next to malls next to the outlet next to nice restaurants that we were familiar with. I will be making reservations again soon for Father's Day👍

It’s hard to contact customer service prior to staying to make changes or ask questions.

It made me feel at home. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful, although check in is set at 4pm they help you find a room if you arrive early. Check out is very simple they slip your check under the door the night before and in the morning just return your room key and go.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I decided to "splurge" by staying here - the final night of our 5-night trip, and the most expensive room of the trip. Well, our "view," rm. 312, was of the curved glass panels that are part of the roof over the pool/indoor courtyard area. We just saw this long hump of dirty panels! The bathroom was tiny and had cracks in the sheetrock. For much lower prices, other hotels offer free breakfast. Here it would have been $14 per person! We went to Ihop. And the pool temp. is fine, but since it is in a large courtyard, one is quite cold when one gets out. There is no jacuzzi. The whole place just seemed like a lot of hype and no real substance. The pictures on-line are what attracted us, but it's not as glamorous in person.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy guests on the whole floor from the moment we checked in until well into the early morning. Kids running down the halls slamming doors yelling arguing. Could not use the pool it was so packed with a lot of noisy people & many children running all over the place. If you want a relaxing stay this is not the place. I know that the hotel can not control who stays at their establishment but it didn’t seem like they worked very hard to keep the noise level down. When I mentioned at checkout that our floor was full of noisy people the woman checking us out told us next time we should call the front desk.

Comfortable enough

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The coffee machine in our room was not working. Only 2 cups were placed when room was booked for 3 people. Late Check in - at 4 pm is unacceptable specially as guests are expected to check out at 11:00 a.m.

I didnt like the customer service rep, she were not inviting. For my first time being there it made me second guess my stay just on the customer service rep. The bathroom still had hair in the bathtub which were a little uncomfortable. But the overall stay was comfortable.

The location and the attractions around the hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is no hot tub and the pool area is a little bit crowded due to children playing and splashing. It would of been nice to have a smaller pool to relax in for adults. The room was great but we noticed the next morning before checking out there was not a shower curtain in the bathroom.

The balcony was pretty cool. I appreciate the staff being really helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Stinky rooms with cheap cigarette stench coming through a/c. We had to turn off a/c to be able to sleep. Other guests had similar experiences

Breakfast was great with helpful staff. Service was overall very good

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed 6 nights and paid a premium over the weekend. For that we got two nights of the neighbor getting up at 5 o'clock and was very loud. The walls are paper thin and we could hear every word of their conversations. A little disappointed at this.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We could hear voices from the room next door. They were not even speaking loudly & we could hear their TV as well. The sound proofing between the suites leaves a lot to be desired. Kids were running & shouting up the hallway to after 11:30 at night. This stopped once security was called.

It was great to have a bar fridge. The beds were very comfortable! The TV was super with lots of channels especially HBO!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked through Booking.com and when I arrived at the hotel they had no record of the booking. Was a very frustrating start to my stay.

I love the location of this hotel. It is very convenient right next to the highway and Walden Galleria.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When called the front desk that we had a problem with the toilet we waited an hour and a half almost two hours for someone to come and help us. That was not acceptable when you have other people waiting to use the toilet!!!! We called the front desk 3 times and each time they said someone will be there shortly!!! 2 hours later!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Kinda wished there were more vending machines. There was only one snack machine by the poor with very generic snacks. Disappointing when you have midnight munchies.

Beautiful pool, clean and comfortable sleeping, and pet friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Get a hot tub near pool! Otherwise it’s amazing!

Location close to everything. Great deep pool with trees inside, clean rooms, comfortable beds, pay the extra $10 to be close to pool! Staff was great! Free parking!

The staff at the counter gave me a diff room from what i ordered. Also had an attitude when asked to be switched.

The steakhouse onion burger from restaurant was DELICIOUS. Pool area beautiful!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noisy neighbours. It was so bad the first night that we almost asked for a different room. Fortunately we were extra tired our second night and slept through any noise.

The beds were very comfortable.

Bed was hard, out dated design. Ugly carpet, bathroom horrible. The manager decided he knew more about my service animal and their rights than I do, and gave me an attitude about it.

The pool, food was decent. Tv placement was perfect.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was upset to learn that arranging through booking.com, I paid $30 more per night than if I booked directly with the hotel.

Great facility and location but the temperature in the rooms was difficult the regulate. Too hot.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were very outdated and didn’t feel clean.

Can’t say I especially liked anything. I guess the pool facilities were nice, but it was closed when we got there.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud guests hanging in the hallway. Kids running around until early morning. 1:30 am. Not the staffs fault

Excellent customer service. Staff was really awesome

Wish there was paper plates to use for the microwave.

The room was very spacious and the staff was wonderful! My daughter loved the pool and the tropical feel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a hockey tournament. Participants were running wild in the halls all Friday night. Called the front desk at 11 and the people hanging in the halls were quieted down. But above us kids were running around as late as 1:30. Not the hotels fault but added a damper to our trip.

The staff was great. Met my requests quickly and efficiently. The room was clean and spacious.

The room I was in had the door for a connecting room, I don't know if this effected sound but the people in the room next to us played the tv or a video game very loud until about 12am (so hard to get my 4yo to sleep). The pool area was nice but the kids were wild & parents weren't watching them, well at least.

Pool was nice. Temperature was good. Bed was comfortable.

The bathroom was very clean and nothing wrong really, just a little cramped and small, but totally fine for the bare minimum.

The location is amazing, close to downtown and shopping. The hotel overall is very clean and the staff is very welcoming. Trivial thing but ice machine at the end of the hall was a big plus

I had a small problem at front desk which I reported when I was coming in. Hope it will get results.

Didn't have eggs but what I did have for breakfast was very good. The bed etc was great. I called hk with a small problem but they came up and got it solved promptly.

We did not get the chance to use the pool facilities, but it looked very nice! Wifi did not work well, but overall the place was amazing for a one night stay

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

had a conference in session and wasn't sure if we could access the pool from the stairs

would be nice if breakfast was included as with kids it can be costly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room had no sheets and blankets for spare pull out.when I pulled out couch it was covered with crumbs. I took pictures . I was to be charged less for one room andd nothing for other room. However I've been charged for both

Staff tried to accommodate situation and was very friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms need to have a microwave in them, not just one by the pool for everyone to use. Also, should be notified ahead of time you are being charge and extra $40 a night, even though it will be refunded.

The property was conveniently located to everything, great restaurant and staff. The pool was beautiful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Choppy WiFi, needs improvement.

Indoor pool with children's section. Arcade game room. Great breakfast, including customizable omelets, right out of the pan and table service for drinks.

I booked a room for Saturday March 3rd 2018, upon arrival we noticed that the freezer portion of small fridge in our room was so iced up that the door would not close. I stopped at the front desk on my way out and advised them of the problem and said it was okay for maintenance to come in when we were out. We got back to the hotel about 1 1/2 to 2 hours later and nothing had been done, we stopped by the desk on the way out to dinner and they said that they would have maintenance check on it. We returned from dinner and the fridge was still not working so I called the front desk, they apologized then sent maintenance. The maintenance man arrived and tried to chip the ice out but was unable to. He left to find another fridge to replace ours with. When he returned he plugged in the new fridge and took away the old fridge. After he left we noticed that the cream we had in the old fridge was not there so we called the front desk and they said that they would take care of it. We never heard from them on the issue again. To make matters worse the fridge that maintenance replaced did not work and our food spoiled overnight as the cabinet that the fridge was in was warm from the fridge running but the cooling was not working. Also we had breakfast at the buffet and it was cold and not very appetizing, was expecting much better for the cost. If you are travelling with children the pool area is great, however its next to impossible for an adult to swim in the pool, the pictures show a pristine pool but in reality it was full of young children from open to close. Very disappointed overall

Comfortable bed, nicely decorated.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed there because we had a very early Saturday morning tournament at Niagara falls and we had stayed there once before and liked it. We were placed on the first floor. Outside our room, many other visitors were sitting outside their rooms making loud noises. There were kids running back and forth and slamming doors. Parent were sitting outside their rooms chatting. It was a sports team of family and friends. We could not sleep. We called the front desk and had a security person speak to them. It was very late by the time we were able to sleep and it had a huge negative impact on the tournament on Saturday.

We like the pool, the clean bedroom and bathroom. We love that it's in the middle of the mall and lots of places to eat.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool is supposed to be heated but the water was cold and the pool area was just covered in dirty wet towels on the first day. I don't like that breakfast is not included. Drinks at the bar were overpriced.

It really is a beautiful hotel and the courtyard is awesome.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the only thing was when we enter our room the carpet was wet from the entrance door to halfway before the bed.My daughter took a shower at night and the bath tub is block she did not call for maintenance but the next morning i was gonna take a shower still block so i called they sent maintenance right away and he fixed.but its so inconvenient cuz i they should check tub before maybe.And restaurant food is excellent but we waited for a very long time my kids was so hungry they only have 1server.

we like the place and the pool.the only thing was when we enter our room the carpet was wet from the entrance door to halfway before the bed.My daughter took a shower at night and the bath tub is block she did not call for maintenance but the next morning i was gonna take a shower still block so i called they sent maintenance right away and he fixed.but its so inconvenient they should check tub before maybe.And restaurant food is excellent but we waited for a very long time my kids was so hungry they only have 1server. Breakfast is excellent server kim is very kind and accomodating

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff at check in. Very unprofessional and lacked customer service skills, no bathroom area at the pool. I booked a courtyard room and when I arrived I was told they were all sold out. I was put in a standard room. This was my sons 9th birthday party so this was very unfortunate.

The pool area was great and really wanted a pool view room. Something happen with my reservation and I was moved to a standard room. It really ruined my sons 9th birthday experience.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was not very clean and the front desk guy was not very good

We requested to be at least on the same floor as our family and near the pool. When we got there we were on a different floor and not near the pool as there were rooms which open to the pool. Our front desk guy did not tell us anything about the hotel and was not very helpful.

would have been nice to use the pool just once. Seemed like a continuous party. Couldn't even find a place to put our towel

close to good restaurants

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no breakfast after we were told there would be. We got absolutely ZERO sleep!!! I also had to call the front desk two times because of how loud the people underneath me were. I was kept up until 4am. Not only were they so loud that I thought they were outside me room they were blasting music and screaming at each other. They could be heard inside the hall way and NO ONE did anything to stop them.

Bad breakfast selection, you'd think for $20 per person that the options would be better but I literally had an English muffin and coffee..... they should really tell people the price or have it marked somewhere.

We had a very speedy check in and the hotel was nicely located and easy to find. Overall the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing.

From the photos it looked like you had a Jacuzzi, but it turned out to be a large fountain near your pool. I'd sure have preferred a giant Jacuzzi on the adult side with the bar

Fantastic location. Spacious, clean rooms with a comfy bed. Indoor pool and gym included. Lots of parking. Great price. Would stay again.

The hallway could have been cleaned much better. Food along the floors. Hotel allowed kids to run through the hallways and make tons of noise after quiet down hours.

The pool area was great so was the Twig bar and checkin and check out staff was beyond friendly. Made sure I was on first floor like requested.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

7 women in our group, doors slamming all night, security across our room due to party going on, sev eral hockey kids there took over the pool area running up and down halls.

Security

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There were several fruit flies in the bathroom.

The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. The woman that checked us in was extremely helpful and made sure our stay was enjoyable for our small children.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had some very loud and inconsiderate neighbors and they kept us awake until 1:30 AM. It was an annoying thing to have to deal with.

Overall stay was ok. Staff was polite and helpful.

No peace and quiet. Other guest running and screaming up and down the hall from 1am to 3am. The guest were going in and out of the rooms banging on each other's door.

1. Location- Close by to mall and restaurants. 2. Comfortable bed. 3. Netflix option.

Staff (4) at the front desk weren't very friendly. Parking was terrible and elevator was very tiny and crowded and very far from our room.

Bed was very comfortable

Spotty wifi when I checked in mid-afternoon (3ish) was frustrating which forced me to cave and buy expensive data package from my carrier as I needed it. But later in the evening hotel wifi worked fine on multiple devices Lack of in-room safe only room complaint.

Dated facility but fine for 1 night. Friendly staff. Heated pool was actually warm for early January so nice. Stayed on 8th floor- good sized rooms, functional bathroom with fridge in the room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that the pool was very deep. There were younger children and they couldn't swim in the pool. That was the only negative of the stay.

I like the location. It offers a lot of shopping and eating. The bed was very comfy. The staff was very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Obnoxious guests. Heat in the room was poor. Staff did nothing about loud noise from guests throughout the whole night.

Children really enjoyed the pool.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heating is big noise and very cold , all the cold wind and air came in from the bottom of the door. Every morning wake up by the noise of roomkeeping ladys vacuuming and talking in the hall . They take awy the ice water in the lobby during night time, so if u feel thirsty night time..... The carpet is not clean and the room very tiny , smell disaster.

Location is convenient for shopping.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately, we had some extremely loud and obnoxious guests staying across the hall from us who kept coming out into the hall and yelling obscenities. But the night manager was very stern and had them leave the hotel. When I mentioned this at checkout they instantly reduced my rate! Wasn't expecting it but was delighted.

The property was impeccably maintained and the staff gracious and welcoming. Check in was very simple and quick.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were there for a sporting event which started before check in. We contacted Hotel and they could not confirm an early Check in but "will do the best we can". We arrived at the hotel 2 hours early and they had a room ready for us.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool too busy on weekends with unruly unsupervised teens.

I loved the pool atmosphere and the layout of the room. I would definity recommend and stay there again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The entire property was beautifully decorated fro the holiday season. The personnel were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very well done and tasty. Worth the $14.95.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Maybe an extra person at check in but it really wasn't an issue

The staff was very accomadating and friendly - we had 6 children traveling with us and no one made us feel unwelcome

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Booking through booking.com did not realize only registered for 1 person so buffet breakfast was only included for one. Room was comfortable but linens were not clean, shower was not clean.

Location. Morning staff was receptive to our room issues and provided credit no questions asked. Morning staff in dining room were very friendly. Evening staff was a little "rough" - not as receptive to our issues.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only issue was there was a big Christmas party with live music in the courtyard. Our nice room with balcony overlooked the courtyard. Was so loud in our room. Had to call down to see when it would be over, luckily 10pm but if I had younger children that went to bed before 10pm I would not have been happy. We just cranked the TV. (A warning at check-in would have been nice)

Loved the balconies overlooking the pool. Great for tossing goggles down when your kid forgets. :)

Browse Millennium Buffalo traveller photo gallery