Reviews of Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles 4 stars

506 South Grand Avenue, Downtown Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90071, USA

#162 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

The windows were dirty, that's about it.

Enjoyed the antique style of the hotel, which gives it a unique personality. Feels like a time-traveling trip back into the early 1900's.

• Executive Double Room

We were put in room 419 which was very noisy de to being right over the hvac ventilation fan for the lower floor. I was so tired I didn't complain, as we checked in after Midnight. I had to put ear plugs in to fall asleep. Don't get this room

The Historic hotel is beautiful.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

There wasn't anything we didn't like really

The opulence of tne interior of the building, the helpful friendly staff , the lovely room and the breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

I booked my stay at booking.com impromptu, because I just flew in from CT and had dinner in Cerritos. My family decided to stay in downtown. Actually, it looked better in picture than actual ity. We arrived at the hotel past 11pm and the staff at the check in said that it's not showing in the system. I gave my last name but it does not show in the system. She said wait fir.some.morw time. We are so tired and besides it's getting close to.midnighr. But insisted. That we have the Cofirmation. Number she did not do anything to show she's willing to help us. Besides, she's snutty. Then we waited but to a point where were ready to.leave. But there's was another male staff that came at the reception desk and we went to him. We told him about our reservation and that we have the confirmation number and he looked at it , punched it in the computer and there it was. Under my email username.And we went to our room. Actually.we.only used half.of the day that we paid for. I mean we arrived late and if we did not persist we would be waiting and sleeping in the lobby. What a stay!!

Where it's situated is central to all.

Staff did not follow the requirements for incoming packages and did not register that my package had arrived until I told them the package had been delivered three days prior, then had the gall to charge $5.00 handling for this poor service.

Comfortable bed

• Club King Room

There was nothing that we didn’t like.

Of course the hotel has history and the building decor inside and out was beautiful! I just wish the hotel staff who checked us in told us that they offered a hotel tour. You have to make reservations and we were leaving when we found out the tour. : /

Not enough personal time to really see the sites!!

Outstanding and friendly staff. Always smiling and greeting you when you pass them. Quick and redponsive to your needs, like extra clothing hangers for wedding clothing.Club room was a nice feature for family and friends to meet and relax. Best oatmeal and raisin cookies in the world!! Bellman and concierge services spot on!!

Breakfast wasn’t the best and too many staff standing around staring whilst you eat or chatting .

Arrived at the Hotel about 8.30am after flight from Australia. Thought we would have to wait until late afternoon to go to our room however the room was ready for us and we were able to book into it immediately . What a relief for our jet lagged bodies. Very much appreciated

No teabags or liquid milk in our room. I called to get teabags and had to call again to room service to get milk. Just a heads up there are little capsules of liquid milk that you can supply in your rooms as powdered whitener in tea is terrible. Our room was ready early which was good as we had flown for 24 hours from Australia, but there was hair on the bathroom floor and it still wasn’t cleaned up the next day either,.

Loved the hotel, breakfast was OK but the omlette was great. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Shower drain slow. Noise from Pershing Square Cost of parking overly high.After paying high rate to stay, cost of parking is an insult.

Some of the lovely old rooms and the history. Event I attended was well planned and executed. Bed very comfortable.

Small room, very average furnishings.

Place is a bit tired. No restaurant choices in the hotel (except asian) but good ones walking distance. Quiet. Looks to be mainly an event operation, with wedding and several others taking place on the day we were there.

The hotel is in downtown LA, about half an hour's drive from the airport. Everything felt very grand (from the lobby, to the restaurants and bars) and staff were very helpful and professional. Our room was spacious with a good view, and the bed was really comfortable.

• Club King Room

The breakfast served on the 10th floor is very basic. The staff overall were not too friendly. The rooms are clean a bit old.

The location is amazing right in the downtown area. Amazing history and architecture of the hotel.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our jacket got stolen while we were having breakfast at the hotel; we just went to the buffet to pick our dishes and when returned back the jacket was not there. We reported this to the hotel but there was no help, no cameras in the place which was so disappointing for us! We also had another issue with the front desk , our credit card was charged twice for the same duration of stay

The room was perfect, breakfast menu was great, conceriege was helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

The location of the hotel is the WORST. Dont book this hotel if u want to be out every night & if u wanna eat good food. There was no food around here at night. All restaurants closed at 9-10pm and we would sleep hungry. The streets of downtown are extremely dangerous with homeless people around everywhere.

There was 24hours security guards & also guys standing in the main entrance who'd call for a taxi if u needed etc.

The business center was a little sparse in resources for the business traveler. It wasn't clear, at first, how to ask for help on the computer terminals. When I did ask, however, it was promptly and effectively given.

Beautiful vintage spaces and I loved the pieces of Hollywood history showcased throughout. Food and drink were nicely situated in the main floor.

• Deluxe Double Room

I have tried to get in contact with the property regarding being charged 100 dollars upon checking-in. I was asked for my card but was not told that anything would be charged. I checked my bank details and was charged 100 dollars. I have sent emails regarding this but have been ignored. Still awaiting a response and a refund.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was very dated, extremely small, and not clean in visible areas. Totally fooled me online.

I enjoyed the entry way, from valet! The breakfast was nice!

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms could have been a little cleaner, fridge was dirty and windows also.

The staff are amazing at this hotel especially Derrick on concierge. Everyone we encountered throughout the stay was helpful and friendly. Business lounge is a lovely addition with a good selection of food. Hotel itself is beautiful also, very impressive building!

Regular guest rooms are really small. (I suggest an upgrade to an executive or club room for a more square footage and a comfortable stay).

The staff was really friendly and very accommodating upon our arrival. The beauty of this hotel is simply indescribable. We will be back to stay again.

If it's not broke, why fix it! Nothing to comment on under this category

What's not to like!! Great establishment and brought back great memories of when my wife and I stayed there 11 years ago that day after we got married at Cicada!

Room Service should take a look at how to ensure that when the food finally reaches the hotel room, it is still at the temperature it should be. Food that is supposed to be hot should not arrive like warm/cold. I appreciate the follow up call to check on the service, but please allow for a little more time for consumption. Otherwise, it feels like an intrusion to the enjoyment of my meal. Perhaps, a short survey could accompany the meal and be colllected later.

The hotel is well maintained. My room was clean, had a comfortable bed and met all expectations I had for my accommodations for this business trip. The staff are a highlight of this hotel. They are attentive, responsive and pleasant.

Lobby was very glitzy but along the corridors and in the rooms the decor is looking a little tired. No USB ports in the rooms.

Staff could not have been more helpful. Very comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Double Room

So noisy at night (street noise, cars, sirens, etc.) that we didn't sleep well. If possible, add double pane windows?

The staff and facility were excellent. I was there with my 26 year old daughter to attend the March for Our Lives. We look forward to come back just to enjoy downtown, museums, attractions, restaurants and the people. We live in Calabasas, CA.

The front desk staff were very good. The pool, sauna, hot tub area in the basement, wonderful, well preserved, like the rest of the building. Personally I would substitute old style glamour and character over bland modern hotels anytime. The famous hotel bar is fine but skip that and have a drink on the rooftop at Perch over the road

• Deluxe Double Room

Old rooms, really tiny bathroom, no air vent in the bathroom, the bed is smaller than full size even though when we booked “queen size”. What really annoyed me the first day is the front desk just hand me over my key card, he did not tell me the lay out of the hotel, where to go for great tourist spot or even hand me any flyer or information about the area.

The location is in the middle of what we here for. You get the old architectural design atmosphere.

The pictures of the rooms online is very deceiving the room did not look like the picture. The bath room door wouldn’t close the tub had hair in it my 2 night stay wasn’t worth the many

That it was downtown near where I needed to go

Staff were not really helpful, rooms not cleaned properly , dead insects on carpets and not vacuumed , property is dated , food is expensive and so bland . Below average including a easy grilled cheese sandwich was horrible .

• Club King Room

Club King room was tiny but just me so no biggie. Bed was not comfortable at all but pillows were heavenly. Bathroom was very small. I did not attempt to change rooms, was advised hotel was full and did not want to move next day for one day. Telephone did not work but was fixed next day. Next time I will make sure I request a larger room.

Staff and food from room service were excellent. Loved the pillows. Beautiful historical hotel with all the glamour and minor shortcomings of a century old hotel. Millennium provides excellent personal service at all levels, was beyond pleased.

• Club King Room

Incompetent staff. Wifi not working in the room : had to wait four days before they offer to change room Waited 20 min for the bellman, to get my suitcase when leaving

too expensive but room is dusty , very old, toilet door is touching the toilet bowl every time we open or close it, sink too small such water splashes into the floor when we wash face. i think the chairs also in the lobby are not well maintained.

coffee

• Club King Room

However, given the standard of the hotel, they should have served wider varieties such as fried omelette, sausages, etc, during breakfast & light refreshment. The gym is tiny but it is sufficient to work out. The indoor swimming pool is really small approximately less than 20 meters. It is not possible to do lap swimming. The temperature of the water was warm enough though the outdoor temperature was close to 12 degree C. The water quality was quite good too, despite that other reviews claimed to be "chlorine overloaded", which was not true. However, the entire pool area is a bit dark and gloomy. It has a scary ghostly setting due to the antique design. My guess is that because of this, not many people intend to swim there. I was swimming alone though.

The decoration of the hotel made me feel like I am living in a palace. It is so grand and glamorous. I stayed in a club room. It comes with 24/7 access to the club lounge, where the breakfast & light refreshment in the evening are served daily. The lounge serves the good coffee & tea as well as whole variety of fruits availability during breakfast.

Management and staff are retarded: they keep a man holding the main entrance door throughout the day but if you're struggling with your luggage no one cares even if they have 4 empty trolleys standing-by. Breakfast mediocre and not to a high standard you'd expect from such a nice looking place. The SPA needs way more maintenance.

1923's building so nice retro style

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. I liked everything.

It was BEAUTIFUL. Old Hollywood fashionable, it was like going back in time. The staff is THE BEST I have ever experienced. Every single staff member seems legitimately concerned about your well being, and they go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and you have everything you need. The bar is beautiful and comfortable, with leather couches in intimate corners. The pool is the perfect temperature, and indoors. There's a hallway that is decorated with pictures of old Oscar parties that took place in the hotel in the 20s, and it was SO cool to look at them. We had access to a private lounge that did h'or d'eovres and snacks and coffee and wine and beer, and that was amazing. Again, the staff working in there were top notch. This hotel has it all.

My room didn't have a great view, which I didn't mind, however the only window in the room was so dirty from the outside you couldn't see clearly, I had to open it to be able to snap a picture.

Room was clean and well put together, it was inviting and cozy, had a modern touch on the decor while kept original parts of the building.

• King Room - Disability Access

Coffee in the room could of been set up better with liquid cream. I like to have a good cup of coffee when I wake up.

The layout of the room was a little strange. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom large. The lobby area was really nice. There was a lower area you could have coffee or a drink in a comfortable seating with couches and a fountain. The upper lobby was beautiful in its deco design of a previous era. We only ate breakfast at the hotel. I like coffee in my room with liquid cream not the powdered packs. Just picky. We went on a LA tour and they picked us up at the hotel. The bellmen were very helpful- the concierge not so much.

Heat did not work in my room— I was freezing. Bathroom door would not close properly because toilette blocked door. For the price they charged I found the coffee poor and I thought only cheezy motels did powdered creamer.

Beautiful architecture. Close to restaurants and Whole Foods.

Small room that was not at all the one in the photo. Thin walls. View of a brick wall. Could hear the even happening in the ballroom. Could hear the street festival happening several blocks away. Mandatory valet.

The lobby and bar are extremely beautiful and historic. Location is great.

• Deluxe Double Room

We were there to participate at the Women's March, which originates in Pershing Square across the street. The hotel was a little zealous about crowd control. We understood and appreciated the security measures they took to keep crowds who were not guests out of the hotel. But at the end of breakfast, we had to go back up to our rooms to use the bathroom because the rest rooms on the lobby level were all locked! We thought that was overkill.

The public spaces in this landmark hotel are all gorgeous. We especially enjoyed the bar with the menu featuring cocktails from the 1920s - great atmosphere. I was already a fan of the afternoon tea in the Palm Court. We did not have time to get tea this time, but starting our day down there with coffee and pastries was delightful. And you can't beat the location.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not really up to date for the computer age - like special plugs for computer. Very expensive restaurants and not a lot of other choices for food other than a small hole-in-the-wall downstairs.

Beautiful old hotel

I loved the stay here but my room was supposed to be a king and i got a double. Otherwise, no complaints!

Great service in the bar, needed to grab food t take up to my room and they had good options. Also, love the coffee bar on ground level and that I can be picked up at 3 different entrances.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was lovely. Our room was very nice, clean and well serviced with comfortable beds. A beautiful landmark hotel with convenient Metro station one block away.

• King Room - Disability Access

The healthclub was a bit dated, but still great for an evening of relaxation. Valet parking is 48$ overnight, which is a bit pricey, but there're plenty of parking lots within 3 blocks that charge half or less.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was very clean. The whole hotel has a 30s vibe - no wonder it was used as a TV show filming location while we were visiting. Walt Disney Concert Hall is 6min away on foot, and the Staples stadium is 20min away on foot. Metro line is around the corner, so it's a great location to stay in Downtown L.A.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool area needs a serious facelift, and the room appointments were pretty low-end for a hotel of this price and category. The overall experience isn't worth the price. This hotel is riding on its reputation rather than living up to it.

Beautiful old school hotel with incredible public spaces (lobby, bar, restaurant/tea room, etc)

Small rooms No. Kettle machine Old fashion rooms

The rooms is very small they care the recipion only They have nice reception but very small and poor room

• Deluxe Double Room

Someone before us had smoked in our nonsmoking room. I called the desk and explained this to them and without any hesitation they immediately changed our room. The staff was most helpful.

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was beautiful. You could feel the history everywhere. The rooms are small and bathroom is tiny but it was to be expected for the age. The club lounge is fantastic and I highly recommend a room with access.

• Deluxe Double Room

nothing the place was fabulous

The hotel was fabulous and so close to whatever you wanted to do. The staff were excellent and would recommend to anyone who asked.

• Deluxe Double Room

It's an old hotel and some things are not updated. Bring an adaptor for anything computer that needs charging. A lot of amenities that you get gratis at motels are not there. It would have been nice to have a microwave -- what I thought was one turned out to be a safe! It is VERY expensive to eat there. There is a small area which sells sandwiches and box lunches from $5-$10, but no sandwiches are sold in their gift shop, which appeared to be the only other commercial spot they have.

Bed was firm - I like that. Don't know about the eggs, too expensive for me to try. You are right on Pershing Square, watching the world go by - for me it was the Women's March. Front row seat. Quite elegant old gal. The downstairs lobby is amazing with a beautiful chandelier, amazing fountain and high arching ceiling.

• Deluxe Double Room

They provide only 2 towels. I called housekeeping for more towels and an extra blanket. After an hour, I called again and was told they were busy but I would get them within 5 minutes. After another hour, I called housekeeping and they never answered the line. I called the front desk and had the towels in another half hour. No blanket. I let that go because I didn’t want to wait for another 2 1/2 hours.

The hotel is historic and gorgeous.

• Deluxe Double Room

The woman that checked us in wasn’t helpful and gave us incorrect information. However, when I called the desk they were extremely helpful and answered my question.

Everyone was helpful and we liked the location.

- Car parking cost is way expensive -Breakfast content and especially breakfast staff and iys content should be improved. - The breakfast hall has a depressing atmosphere

Wifi and location

That we couldn’t stay longer!

Our bed was very comfortable and we like the restaurant even when we do not stay at this hotel. The one thing that stands out is the friendliness of all staff. Everyone is very accommodating and we were greeted with warmth and smiles which is rare.

The rooms were dingy. Carpet needed a good shampooing and some of the lamps didn’t work.

The hotel lobby and bar area was beautiful and opulent. Water pressure in the shower was very good. Irs

• Club King Room

Need better choices and quality in restaurants. Shabby room, needs repainting and new bath tub and plumbing fixtures.

The 10th floor club room was wonderful amenity.

• Deluxe Double Room

Building is showing some age.

This facility will hold your luggage for free if you have a later flight then your check out time. They offer a 50.00 flat rate taxi from the Biltmore to the airport LAX. Staff is ready to answer any questions you throw at them. They will get you where you need to go if you ask for a ride or assistance. UBER driver is cheaper then most cabs if you prefer to travel this way around the city. This hotel is in the center of the financial district located near anything that could come to mind.

Have stayed there a number of times and can see a worsening in staff performance in certain areas. The reception staff were often inexperienced, misinformed about hotel costs and facilities, and sometimes curt and rude to guests. They were also painfully slow, every time we had to speak with them, and constantly ignored phones, leaving them ringing. The bell desk staff were consistently rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. There was an evident lack of communication and organization between front desk, bell desk and office staff. Would definitely not recommend receiving packages at hotel due to the hotel losing mine twice and charging me a high fee to receive a package, a fee no other hotel i know of charges. Extremely high valet charges. The adjacent pershing square secure parking garage costs $16 vs $45 plus tip at the hotel.

Staying in a hotel that's right out of Los Angeles's 20s palatial past. Great location. The beautiful bar, and its fine bar staff. Good food options to fit varying needs. Comfortable rooms. Love the deco-era decor. Friendly cleaning staff. The Doormen are brilliantly informative, professional, courteous, friendly and never forget a name.

The hotel was beautiful and in the perfect location! The staff was friendly and very helpful and nice. The room was clean and I loved being able to synchronize the tv to my phone so I could listen to music.

• Club King Room

We were allocated a room across from an elevator door, the stench of chlorine was dreadful and the room was small. Thanks to Ted our bell hop, he got us upgraded to a more spacious room. Mould in the bathroom. No info on the hotel or sour rounding area in the room. We make enquiries to take a city tour, reception had a total of 6 leaflets!! The tour we took cost $75 for 3.5hrs (actually only 3.15hrs + other hotel pick ups within this time) then add 18% gratuity not worth the money as the driver/guide took short cuts. Would suggest folks book on line for a hop on hop off tour.

The ground floor of this hotel is of yesteryear ... Stunning ceilings and decor. Valet service was exceptional, checking in a tad slow.

I feel the staff should be more informative this was my first time staying at a 4 star hotel so I didnt know if I take my luggage and where to go. I looked pretty stupid pulling around my cart of luggage around the lobby in high heels and the staff just standing there and staring at me, they could have come up to me take my luggage and say someone will take it for me I didn’t know how things work around this hotel. Also that night I asked for a spoon and fork and the I was told it will be right up and I waited an hour and nobody came and they never brought it up.

The room was very clean and nicely set up. The bed was very comfortable.

Leaving.

Beautiful and ornate historic hotel, with all the modern amenities and super comfy beds in downtown LA. Great staff, beautiful bar and great breakfast in the restaurant. They accommodated our late checkout request with a day rate, really helped w our red eye flight. Loved it!

The rooms are just old and not very clean and very small. The valet being $48 is exorbitant for the hotel cleanliness not matching.

I loved the lobby and Christmas decorations

Our first room was trashed. 2nd too small. 3rd the heating didn’t work and we were freezing. We didn’t discover heating issue until after midnight when we returned and after 2 room changes already we gave up and chalked it down to lesson learned we will never return. Bathroom has no counter space. Room has poor lighting and most outlets don’t work for our phone chargers. Felt like we were in a third world country in sub par conditions

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

the women at the desk could not swipe a credit card or speak English and the young girl at the car booth had line of people waiting for cars she was having a bad day they need more training

the hotel is very nice restrants are great

• Deluxe Double Room

The pool area. For an in door pool would of thought the water would be warmer, hot tub--room for only two people.

The history of the building, the location. The gym was really up-to-date

• Deluxe Double Room

VIP lounge food and beverage was disappointing.

Great location, hotel is beautiful, beds and room are comfortable and clean, staff is very kind. Pool and facility are incredibly cool. Great continental breakfast.

Beautiful iconic property the History of this hotel is unmatched the room was very clean and quiet and the staff was very professional. The next time we travel to L.A. we will return. Good job guys! And Thank's

When exhausted, front desk could only book extra night using my phone. Very poor service available from front line. Unable to eat comfortably on Sunday. No restaurant close by for solo lady.

No eggs, no restaurant on Sunday

• King Room - Disability Access

Service took forever to fix a t.v. Your paying 41.00 a night for valet The club house had nothing to offer but free coffee which you already have in the room. The rooms are really small. The least they can do is upgrade the rooms Too many homeless around the property... unsafe environment.

Nice hotel bad location

• Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower didn’t get hot. Had to call maintenance. AC/heat wasn’t easily regulated. Room was a bit rundown. Again, historic hotel. I’ve had nicer rooms with more amenities at a holiday inn express.

Historic hotel. Club level didn’t have refrigerators in the rooms. Other rooms did. Club level lounge wasn’t worth the extra cost.

• Club King Room

I can't say I didn't like anything but there was a rally at Pershing's Square that was a bit noisy but not to bad.

I enjoyed staying at this hotel, I dislike the area and this had plenty of restaurants and shopping that I didn't have to drive to much. I was able to get club access and they had great snacks and coffee to go, but I didn't try the breakfast. I was upgraded to a suite that I had 2 bathrooms which was pretty cool. Overall a great stay.

• Club King Room

My bed was not comfortable. I did not receive a renovated room so mattress was very hard and not supportive.

Beautiful historic hotel. Staff amazingly polite and helpful. I was given a corner room which was very spacious and lovely.

Windows thin and dirty. You can hear everything from the loud street but you can barely see it. Aircon loud. Bathroom tiny. Why can one not enter the hotel from the front side at night?

Beautiful hotel, superb location.

The toilet seat was unacceptable. It was not sturdy or firm making it difficult to sit on it.

Location and accommodations were convenient, comfortable and the atmosphere and ambience both were cordial and inviting.

Old air conditioner, very loud.

Great value for money. Except air con very old and loud, all other aspects are perfect. Great location and information help.