Reviews of Millennium Minneapolis 4 stars

#33 of 45 hotels in Minneapolis

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Excelent!
    • Superior King Room

The WiFi was very slow. They offered a higher speed for seven or nine dollars extra, I don't remember.

What a deal this place was! Fantastic location and staff plus parking available on site which we rely needed, that was extra 21$ for 24 HRS but competitive with any place around.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

it was a nice stay!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

the weirdest thing happened,. 2 workers with carts came to the room at different times in the morning before we left for the day, when we returned no one ended up cleaning the room! 😶 strange!

it was a nice stay! we felt comfortable and loved the location!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Overall enjoyable

I asked for non-feather pillows and was brought two more feather pillows. I again asked for non-feather pillows and was brought two down comforters. I brought this up with the front desk the next morning and it was remedied when I camre back to my room.

Nice place

Not worth the cost!
    • Superior King Room

The attached parking was described as "public". I was charged 18.00 for parking overnight. When I complained that I had a room at the hotel, they described the parking fee as usual and customary. I told them I had NEVER paid for parking when I was booked at the hotel. They were unresponsive saying "every hotel charges for parking"... very unhappy with that response, and I would not book a room here in the future!

Reservation was found promptly, staff was polite.

The staff was amazing, I very much appreciate it that the...
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

There is nothing negative I could say about it, I only wish that our weekend hadn’t been so full with football games and baseball games that I could’ve stayed and tried the restaurant and some of the other amenities it had opera because everything looked wonderful.

The staff was amazing, I very much appreciate it that the note I left on Booking.com about an early check-in got a direct email from them four days before our arrival date And when I arrived at 12:30 they were happily letting us know our room was ready for us to go right on in, perfectly clean comfortable beds, fantastic shower, fast elevators, and the best location. We had an issue with our air-conditioning unit and let them know in the morning, and when we got back from our day it was working perfectly. I love that they had a parking ramp right next to their front door which made it very easy and felt secure for the weekend.

Loved that it was easy to get too and easy to get out of.
    • Superior King Room

Parking garage attached was old and rundown. We weren’t told we had to get a slip from the front desk to get $5 off parking.

Loved that it was easy to get too and easy to get out of. Nice restaurant/bar attached and we were given a free upgraded room!

The room was lovely.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The room was lovely. All amenities were available. The location was perfect.....we went to the Vikings game!! The staff was very helpful. Price was very fair.

Twins game
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

We went for a Twins game I was told it was within walking distance to target field when I called and made reservations five blocks. This is not the case it is quite a distance if you were walking . It’s more like ten blocks.

The hotel itself is very nice the rooms are good size for being downtown. Restaurants were with in walking distance front desk was very accommodating and helpful .

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

My stay was great.
    • Superior King Room

The price for the snack down stairs was too high some days was more then other days for the snack a small bottle of water was 5 dollars.

Breakfasts was great also the room was great,everyone was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

My stay was relaxing because we were with our family.
    • Superior King Room

The room space was not enough for six persons. The bed is too close to the room door and that just made it not cool.

The eggs were ok. The bed was fine.

The staff was great but the rest of the experience felt overpriced. Will stay elsewhere next time.
    • Superior King Room

Parking should be included in the expensive cost of a hotel rental fee, not $21 a day extra. The convenience store within the hotel has very limited options and the cost is a 300%+ markup on all items (made worse by the limited availability of stores and restaurants after hours as places close "early" for a Downtown area). No ventilation and poor lighting in the bathroom.

Access to the skyway and Nicolett Mall areas.

Had better stays for the $
    • Superior King Room

Could have been better at communicating. Asking $5 for water. No free breakfast like embassy suites on state st Chicago. Awful parking lot!

Bed was comfortable. Room was nice enough.

Great Value for a Modern Hotel in the Downtown Area -- Great for staying in town attending concert
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

We ordered pizza and snacks after the concert that we wanted to put in the mini fridge, only to find out that it did not work and at 1:00 a.m. we didn't feel like having anyone come and replace it, etc.

The rooms were comfortable, beds were nice, nice sheets and pillows. Everything was clean and in order.

- Really nice hotel.
    • Superior King Room

- Lighting in the room is poor. There should be a proper lamp in the ceiling.

- Really nice hotel. We managed to get a huge corner room with a great view. - Wide, comfortable beds. - Great air-conditioning. - Central location. The area feels safe.

Stay for Tay
    • Superior King Room

We had TWO towels in our room! When I requested additional towels sent to our room... they never arrived... very disappointed

Lincoln, our waiter at the onsite restaurant, North45, was just amazing! He gave us great advice for navigating the city and skywalks! Thanks Lincoln!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I would definitely stay here again.
    • Club King Room

There wasn’t anything that I didn’t like.

What I liked was how comfortable the bed is. I also liked how respectful and helpful the staff were being during my stay.

Fun and relaxing!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Hallways were in need of some vacuum work. Would be AWESOME if there was a hot tub in the pool area.

Very professional and up-scale feel without the high price.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Saved some money with hotel location, and I would definitely stay at the Millennium again
    • Superior King Room

Location to my convention hotel and restaurants along Nicollet Mall required walking. I called a cab a couple times for 4 5 block trips.

Bed just right firmness, quiet, immediate hot water in the shower.

I would recommend this hotel.
    • Superior King Room

can not complain about anything.

Location walking distance to Mall area. Public transportation in front of hotel and staff knew public transportation options

Perfect.
    • Superior King Room

The reception area for check in etc is very small and gets congested with the use of the elevators.

Staff is amazing. The location is awesome. An easy and safe walk to many places for food and drink. The Club room level was a surprising delight for our stay, breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvre.

$26 for parking!!!!!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The beds were hard like rocks. Gps takes you to the wrong side of the building and we almost just left. My family didn't want to stay after they saw the location. The biggest surprise is parking is $26!!!! Staff was friendly, the pool isn't fancy and the area is ugly. The pool water was a great temp. and it looks like it is handicap accessible which I never see ... including a shower for wheelchair which someone would appreciate. The workout facilities were nice. The best thing about the stay is they gave us a 1:00 check out!!! We did check out by 11:00 but nice to know if you wanted to sleep in you could. I'm pretty critical in reviews so I want to say I would stay there again if I could figure out different parking.

Housekeeping everyday and staff were amazing.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Perfect location Close to everything. 30 min walk to the Mississippi River - 15min to Sculpter Park Downtown bars and restaurants.

Housekeeping everyday and staff were amazing. Coin clothes wash and dryer if facilities.

Really unpleasant and poor and overpriced and sad
    • Superior King Room

I feel like I payed too much money for the room because the online picture looks beautiful and in person it looks very bad the bed was dirty and wore out I wake up with a back pain I was very disgusting with the look of the room it was not as romantic at all it was a special day for us and it didn’t feel special

Would definitely stay again if in the area.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Elevators were fast even with a full house !! Rooms were clean , worn but clean! I like the fact that you could open the window for fresh air! Had a mini fridge and couple different kinds of k cups.

Great from beginning to end!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Not many restaurants near hotel.

Everything about our stay was incredible. The staff was great and super helpful. We were from out of state and they helped with all aspects of our stay. We had breakfast included and it was completely worth it - $25 per person, great deal! We only had one incident and the staff was there to fix things promptly. Ask for Anita, she was great, friendly and beyond helpful. Traveling to Minneapolis again, and will definitely will be looking to stay there again.

It was near to "everything".

It was near to "everything". You could get anything you want within a walking distance. My business was at the convention center, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was just a stone throw away.

It was okay but doubt any of the 4 of us guests would stay here again.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Complimentary breakfast was not free. Paid $26 a car for parking and 3 of us had parked in the parking ramp. (We were quoted parking at $21 a vehicle and never told that you had to tell the hotel your car was in the ramp to pay the $21 or you would be charged $26. We even called, checked in and stopped to check out and not once were we told that we should have paid with our hotel to get this rate. Beds were not queen size like we expected. Unable to refund us $15 as its a different company that does the ramp vs the hotel. Still unable to get a hold of a person.

Friendly staff. Clean Hotel.

Perfect for a couple's weekend getaway!
    • Superior King Room

Parking was a nightmare. At one point, they closed the ramp because it was full... luckily we found a spot while others were turned away. I think there was an event going on at the hotel so that might be the culprit.

The location was to die for. My boyfriend and I walked everywhere! The beds were comfy and rooms were spacious. It was nice that you could hook up your Hulu/Netflix account to the TV to stay up to date on your shows.

The only issue I have was parking in the ramp and check in...
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The only issue I have was parking in the ramp and check in was horrible. She was nice at checkin but I have stayed here a few times and why does it take so long to check in. Other hotels have this down pay but this hotel has always been very slow. Does not seem very with he times

Disappointed in the hotel and in Booking.com
    • Superior King Room

We booked the hotel through Booking,com for a king bed. At the hotel, we were given two full beds. When we questioned the desk clerk we were told if we booked through Booking.com there are no guarantees on beds. That information was not conveyed anywhere. We were very upset as the hotel was expensive and the room, not what we booked. Also was was not told about having to pay for parking.

The location.

Charged extra fee for parking as I was a guest.
    • Superior King Room

Charged extra fee for parking as I was a guest. Booked my room for the price of $180 and was charged $254 and wasn’t given the total before my CC was swiped. For $200 a night you’d think breakfast was included but it’s actually $15 per person. No hot tub in pool area.

The room was very clean and the hotel location is awesome,...
    • Superior King Room

The staff didn’t explain the parking situation very well, I paid for the car at the front desk and received a voucher but I still had to grab a ticket going down the ramp. I thought I might be charged twice.

The room was very clean and the hotel location is awesome, it’s close to a lot of great restaurants and bars.

Good location and great staff
    • Superior King Room

The room was surprisingly small, and with two people, a little tight. Also the furnishings seemed tired

Staff were amazing; friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Location also is a plus Bed and bedding super comfortable and lighting was good

Overall an 9 out of 10
    • Superior King Room

Staff could have done better job of advising of us the added perks we could have enjoyed by Staying on the Club level.

Courteous staff. They were quick to answer any questions and very helpful. Bed was comfortable. Room was very nice. The bar area was very nice.

enjoyable.

The bed.

My husband's a military that they said we could get a military discount which we did not. The bed was not very comfortable it seemed a little lumpy.

Very enjoyable.
    • Superior King Room

There is no microwave in the room. And the pillows have some updating to be done. but otherwise it was a pretty good stay we did enjoy it. The bellhop that help Us when we 1st got there was excellent.

We did not eat breakfast there we went somewhere else. The beds could be a lot better.

Under expectation
    • Superior King Room

Very poor WIFI. When checking out, the price of one night is much higher than others, and the staff gave ridiculous explanations. Never chiise this one in MPLS

Cable, phone, and fridge didn’t work in initial room.
    • Superior King Room

Cable, phone, and fridge didn’t work in initial room. Was expecting upgrade or discount. Received breakfast passes that took long time to place an order so I left.

I enjoyed my Convention stay and would return due to top service.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

I did not like the one housekeeping attendants attitude when I wanted to stay in my room early in the morning upon check out Day as I needed to complete packing tasks . I do believe she needed to be mindful that I would be done at a reasonable time . It was only 8:30 and check out was Noon .

It was close to the location where my Convention was being held. The management specifically Anita took care of my “in room” issues upon checking in immediately and handled it professionally so my room’s air conditioning and refrigerator were in working order and acceptable condition. She even gave me a free breakfast coupon which was very nice . Also my Keurig and toilet did not work properly during my stay and were taken care of immediately. I am very pleased with the speed which these issues were handled given the size of the hotel as they truly attend to their clients needs. Thank you!

Good place to crash but go out for everything
    • Superior King Room

The room heating and cooling unit seem to be malfunctioning even after hotel maintenance came and reset it. No micro wave unit, no booklet or list on the TV menu on amenities. I never did figure out the phone message system.

Room service was excellent: my notes asking to not change the sheets and leave more coffee were honored.

Good
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Price for little amenities. payment process, property should have disclosed $75 a night deposit which seems extremely steep, parking ramp was scary and dirty. Pool was small, no hot tub, sauna seemed to be broken.

Clean great location friendly staff

Its clean.

No elevator access from the parking lot. It's a drag walking from your car to stairs to your hotel room. An elevator would be a big help. And the 5 dollar bottled water should be optional.

Its clean. The staff is nice and were ready to help. Pretty good location with a view so a person can see the city.

Thank you Millennium and Minneapolis!
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The room even with AC was warm for me. Now my girlfriend was comfortable.

The place was very nice, clean and the best pillows in the world. At the far end of Nicolette mall you were close to everything. Our concierge was the best and very knowledgeable about the places to gia and where to eat. Definitely stay there again!

The location can’t be beat.
    • Superior King Room

The parking situation was challenging and expensive - even when staying at the hotel.

The location can’t be beat. Close to the convention center, right on the new Nicollet Mall.

The Millenium is as nice as any New York City Hotel!

Can’t think of anything.

The cleanliness was superb. Excellant room. Convenient parking. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Coffee maker in room is very nice. Can’t

Good stay
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The breakfast is expensive, and the service is not properly organized. It is annoying to wait for 5-10 minutes to be placed at a table. The payment system is poorly organized. In general, the hotel is quite old as for the money they ask for a stay.

Nice, convenient location in the downtown, easily reachable by public transportation.

It’s really neat and clean it’s properly set up and Looks...
    • Superior King Room

No microwave and the fridge is super small 😐😐

It’s really neat and clean it’s properly set up and Looks really nice. It’s comfortable here I love it so far

over all it was worth the trip

their site doesn't inform you about the 75 dollar a day safety deposit

The water in the pool was warm enough to still swim in even after sitting in the sauna and not feel like you're taking an ice bath.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay but, not the parking fees.
    • Superior King Room

However, late, two nights in a row, we smelled cigarette smoke seeping into our room, not happy. There should be a hefty fine for smoking in rooms due to the danger it poses healthwise and to the safety of others. Also, didn’t like the parking fee/day & the mattress was a bit too soft. Pillows are also too soft.

We got the requested non-smoking room and was happy.

Everything was fine, room service was fine, comfortable bed,...
    • Superior King Room

Wi-Fi connection didnt work with my laptop, a receptionist gave me a number of tech support, I didnt call them, because at least my phone worked, so I didnt care much for that, but still this was the only drawback

Everything was fine, room service was fine, comfortable bed, everything I needed during a week for a buisiness trip was there

All hotel and restaurant staff that we encountered were...
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

All hotel and restaurant staff that we encountered were helpful and very friendly. While we only ate breakfast at the restaurant, the offerings were of good variety. The food was very tasty and of good quality. The in-room coffee was delicious. The décore and furnishings were contemporary/modern. Large windows in the room offered a great view of the city and beautiful sunset. The shower head was adjustable and plenty high to accommodate tall individuals. I would stay here again.

The personnel, every single one, was helpful, smiley, effective and kind.
    • Superior King Room

The toilet cover was not clean in the little cracks at the hinges... it was a bit disgusting. I also felt the price for the parking, $21 for overnight was high and the parking place was not clean.

The promptly answer to all my questions and needs. The wonderful meals (dinner) I had at your restaurant. The available gym 24hrs, which I could access without further complication than using my room key.

The staff was very friendly, the bed Was really nice and the...
    • Club King Room

Room delivery is limited, breakfast on weekends is not all day and the bar closes extremely early.

The staff was very friendly, the bed Was really nice and the tv was great.0

Relaxing
    • Superior King Room

Parking was extra and we were not made aware that an extra 75.00 would be charged to us for "incidentals." We also had a dead battery and none of the staff offered to call for assistance to jump out car.

The bed and room were very comfortable.

A diamond in the rough - give the Millenium a shot!
    • Superior King Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a nice bar, and the hotel is on a quiet block.

Now I must de-infest my clothes and luggage.
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

The room had bedbugs! When I brought two of them, freshly plucked from my pillow, to the front desk, the two people there did not even acknowledge my statement.

It was a pleasant experience with short walks and drives to places we needed to be.
    • Superior King Room

The parking situation was awful, and even if you paid it slcould still be full. The neighborhood was either great or seemed shady depending on which direction you walked.

The staff was pleasant and check-in and out was easy.

Very comfortable, accomdating. My only complaint would be that I was put in a handicapped room.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

I was there for my son's wedding and it was a wonderful place to hold the reception and dance. Staff were courteous and very helpful and very patient when a drunk bridesmaid got a little upset. Thank you for understanding in that situation.

Air conditioner didn't work, we had an engineer come to...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Air conditioner didn't work, we had an engineer come to our room and he couldn't fix it. They didn't do anything else to accommodate us. The TV volume would increase in increments of 5 so it was either too loud or too soft.

No sleep in the small bed, would not recommed
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The front desk was unhelpful and uninformative. Did not explain additional charges and was low effort. Room was handicapped, shower spilled out into bathroom, beds were small

The towels were nice

It was a good stay.
    • Superior King Room

Our air conditioner didn’t really cool. And parking is wicked expensiive

We ate a Zelo, and it was delicious. We also ate at Grumpy’s. Cool atmosphere and good burgers and beer

Nice room, location, sauna and fitness room but hotel staff were not real friendly
    • Superior Double with Two Double Beds

Poor staff services. Not very friendly reception staff(Sean). Their guest “grab and go” breakfast food was cold and dried out. Hostess in restaurant was prompt and wonderfully helpful filling my water and coffee but no wait staff came to take my order so I left without getting breakfast before my conference. I was getting charged their regular overnight parking fee of $21/ day even after I sent an email to clarify I get a discounted price of $12/ night due to attending a conference and documented in my confirmation email. This was not communicated from my check in date to check out date. I was told at check out that because I booked through “booking.com” and not through them directly, I wouldn’t qualify for the discount. They did in the end honor this discounted price. But made me late for class.

Nice Cleanliness of room, facilities and conference room.

Very comfortable.
    • Superior King Room

I like to have a micro wave to heat up my Caribou coffee in the early AM.

The bed was definitely like a cloud and the room nicely laid out & decorated. Nice & quiet on my floor and the view to the east is spectacular. Convenient walking distance to restaurants, museums and parks.

Pleasant experience, I felt like I was staying over at a family members house. Who really cares
    • Superior King Room

No complaints whats so ever!

My experience with the front desk was amazing, they were very attentive to all my needs and concerns. Anita the manager was amazing, sharp super intelligent. Almost felt like I was visiting a pleasant family’s members home.

A solid recommend.
    • Superior King Room

I couldn't get the A/C to work right in the room. It wasn't very hot so it wasn't a big deal but I never got it to kick on when I wanted it.

I loved the fitness center and pool in the hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. I also enjoyed the lounge on the club level.

It was one of the best stays I ever had traveling.

That I couldn't stay longer

I liked the friendly staff. Coming back to a clean room. Having someone to Direct me in the right direction to where I was going each day.

I would stay there again if I go back to Minnesota.
    • Superior King Room

A little more variety in the breakfasts would have been nice. The breakfasts were pretty much the same every day.

The beds were very comfortable and the in-room safe was very helpful.

Well put together.

Back-ups could arise if multiple people are checking in or out, and are getting in and out of the elevators and the doors. Room layout could be improved a bit.

Well put together. Easy access to everything from the front door, the parking, and the rooms.

The location was great.

The A/C unit in the room was very loud and kept making clicking noise which made it hard to sleep. The food from room service wasn't warm and wasn't very good.

The location was great. The skywalk connection to the convention center was fantastic!

It was a nice hotel. Worth the rate.
    • Superior King Room

They didn’t tell me upon checkin about the 75 per day incidental fee, hold on ones credit card. I get that there’s a fee but serioulsy 75 per day is too much. I won’t stay here again. I know it gets refunded but holds the cash in my account for 3-5 Days beyond the stay. And the fact that I wasn’t told so I could have chosen which card I wanted to have the hold on.

Price Cleanliness Nice looking hotel

Horrible experience, will never return and never recommend.
    • Superior King Room

Our vehicle paint job was ruined parking in the parkade, corrosive material dripping from ceiling, staff was horrible to deal with about it and offered no compensation. We should not have paid for this entire stay. Other customers also had the same thing happen to them. I was actually CHARGED for the damage deposit, even though I was told it would only be a hold on my credit card...now I have to fight to get it removed. Just a horrible experience.

A very nice stay. It was the staff that really stood out and clearly trained in customer service.
    • Superior King Room

I would have liked free breakfast.

Great location and the the woman who checked us in was awesome. She was so helpful and gave us a map of downtown and told us options to get to our conference. I am so sorry I can not remember her name.

Overall good with a couple of let downs which was disappointing
    • Superior King Room

Disappointed in car parking daily charge which I didn't expect. The service was very poor in the morning for breakfast, in fact I walked out on the first day as still waiting to be served after 20 minutes. I didn't return and went elsewhere for my breakfast.

Good size rooms and room service excellent. Location is ideal.

Very disappointed with cleanliness. Very friendly staff

Bathroom was not clean. The toilet lid was dirty from before. The sheets on the bed smell like mill dew. The smell actually woke me up.

Close to where I needed to be. Good size rooms. Very friendly staff.

My conference was across the street, that hotel was $80/night more. glad to stay at Millennium
    • Superior King Room

I would've liked a hot tub. An airport shuttle would be helpful.

I liked having a sauna. They kept my luggage secure after checkout until my meetings were over.