Reviews of Millwood Inn & Suites 3 stars

1375 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030, USA

#7 of 7 hotels in Millbrae

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

The TV didn't work. No opening windows in room. The bath is too small to bathe in. Headboard and bed base were old and the headboard was marked. The office chair was also broken making it hard to work at the desk. The technology in the room needs more clear explanation notes.

Comfortable bed, organised breakfast, great staff. Coffee machine appreciated and tasty selection of breakfast foods. The room was updated and almost perfectly clean. Everything was comfortable but I wasn't told I could contact anytime for a problem to be fixed so couldn't watch TV.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Very attractive looking premises, well run. Free breakfast, and free wine and nibbles from 5.30 to 6.30pm - brilliant! Room v comfortable, loads of towels and good shower, comfy bed. Quite a few restaurants on El Camino Real. Free shuttle to and from airport - very useful.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Room had a funny sprayed smell when we entered and floor felt a little sticky.

Very small little place. Walked a mile to quaint Mexican restaurant. Great airport transportation provided. Wonderful breakfast in cute little lobby. Wine as we arrived in the evening. Enjoyed our one night stay! Thank you

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

It really should have an elevator to the second floor -- my husband had a hard time getting up the stairs.

OMG -- this was one of the nicest places we've ever stayed! The rooms were modern and updated. There were so many little touches that went above and beyond. It was well-lit and comfortable -- the mattress was GREAT! The included breakfast was the best we've had at a hotel -- both food and service. We checked to see if Millwood is a chain and it's not -- we're SO disappointed as we would stay at another one in a heart beat. Excellent all around!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The picture showed 2 bedrooms. I booked the room for 3 adults 2 children. The other room had a sofa bed not a bed. When I went back to reception to say I had booked a room with 2 bedrooms the lady said if you want that it will cost another 80. Was not happy paid over 300 for this room already. We had had a long drive and needed rest before our flight breakfast was only till 9.30 which we missed

It was nothing like advertised, small dated and awful rooms. Did not like anything

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

The Credit card hold on my account because of the Booking.com reservation held most of our spending money and although the hotel manager tried to assist us with the bank we never got back our money until 2 weeks after we came home. In future we will not use Booking.com. We had the same problem with the Hotel in Malaysia and Singapore because of Booking.com

The flowers were in full bloom. The streets were very clean and people were extremely friendly. Shopping was also good

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Not a thing.

This is a small boutique hotel. The owners have done a wonderful job of upgrading an old hotel into somewhere I would definitely go back to. The folks that worked there made me feel totally comfortable and at home. The bed by the way was like a cloud!

Price is a little high.

Location is just 5 minutes by car from airport. Breakfast is included which is considerate.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking 2 Double Beds Room

All of the above plus the location is ideal.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Only thing better is if I could have found someone else to pay the bill!

Outstanding location. Love this motel.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Bed too soft. Thin walls.

Clean, spacious, good breakfast

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

It was great knowing the shuttle would take us directly to the hotel after a tiring day of travel

Parking lot

Room very clean and organized

pillows

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

PRICE !

Very clean, but small.PRICE

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Non-Smoking 2 Double Beds Room

The bed is xtra comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The beds were too small and the cost was high.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Room is rather small. Queen bed is very small for US standard.

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Very friendly helpful staff - appreciated the pre dinner glass of wine

A bit pricey

Beds were like sleeping on a marsh mellow

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

The breakfast is not good.

Near the airport, the hotel has a free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Could hear footsteps from above, voices from outside

More healthful choices for breakfast than at comparable hotels.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Quiet location not far from the airport. Suite was roomy enough for a family of four, with a sofa bed in a separate sleeping area.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Noisy air con. No early wake up as requested...nearly problematical!

Comfy bed ...nice bathroom

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Very helpful staff who made sure we had breakfast before an early flight. Great breakfast choice also.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Great easy location to the air port.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Carpet was is a little dated

Bed was very comfortable...room can be more cleaner...need more varieties for breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

breakfast, wine hour

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

No where to eat or drinks

Location to the airport very clean and staff were really nice

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Clean beddings and bathroom with nice toiletries

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Deluxe Non-Smoking Queen Room

Well kept property. Comfortable and modern decor. Good shuttle service. Helpful receptionists. Free breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Hotel is located in the surroundings of SFO airport, which was very convenient to us, as we had 16 hours between our flights. Shuttle bus picked up us from the airport. Room and bathroom are very clean. No noise from the street or airport. Breakfast was very nice, with a choice for bread, pastry, omlet, yogurt, juice and variety of different coffees. Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2016

Pleasantly surprised with the finishings in the room and the way the exterior hallways have been secured with glass walls and gates. Also I did not even have to ask for the shuttle service, it was automatically offered. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

The bed is in the soft side which is not my preference and the coin laundry hours are 7:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Clean and comfortable. Nice selection of toiletries and bath towels, and room itself includes DVD player, fridge and trouser press.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2016

The unfriendly front desk

When I checked in, the front desk said she couldn't find our booking. I call book.com,a man answe the phone and he asked me to give my phone to front desk, but the woman of front desk didn't want to pick up the phone. I saw a paper on her desk with my booking information, but she didn't allow me to check the information and only told us she couldn't find my booking. The staff was very unfriendly and made me angry. We waited for about half an hour until book.com send my booking information to the front desk. I have to say the staff of booking.com is very kind and has professional attitudes. The front desk's bad attitude and unfriendly spirit make the hotel with lower lever.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Not one thing! Very satisfied!

The staff was helpful and friendly! The room was beautiful and comfy! The breakfast was excellent! Lots of choices! A+

• Reviewed: 10 December 2015

I had a change in my flight but they would not let me cancel my reservations within the 24 window. Yes I know the policy, but you also control the policy for exceptions when they are out of your control. Needless to say, I will never stay here again because they seem not to understand the dynamic nature of business travel.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2015

I had never check into the Millwood Suites and Inn and I was being charged for 2 nights stay, I was having a super busy schedule during the month of Nov and forgot to cancel my booing at Millwood suites, disappointed that there wasn't any reminder re my booming and the charges for two nights stay was imposed and charged to my American Express card! Kindly advice if the charges can be reversed and be refunded. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

Dirty floor found fingers nails on the floor , went to tell the lady at the front desk , she was really rude , didn't really want to deal with it .

Comfortable bed , nice tv .good breakfast .

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

No elevator access to the 2nd floor which made carrying large luggage a difficulty. Gentleman on duty overnight was friendly, but only one on site so no one there to assist with luggage. The motel's security seemed decent, but it didn't seem to be located in the nicest section in town.

It was conveniently located to the airport with the free shuttle being very helpful. The facilities were relatively clean.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

Location - not the best place to wonder around after dark...

Room was small but very well organized, very clean and looks to have been recently renovated. Bed was comfortable. Very good access to SFO and the 101 to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

We waited for the shuttle facility for about 35 minutes at airport. Other hotels have shuttles with more frequency. Drivers are very kind. They deserve a tip! I had an early flight so I missed breakfast (I left at 6 am). I think that breakfast service should start a bit earlier. Staff at hotel is not very friendly.

It is close to airport, that is why we stayed here 8I had an early flight)

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

The front desk services can be nicer or warmer.

We were suggested to stay in this area by local friends, as they said that the Down Town was not safe for two women. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable; the breakfast was simple but very good quality: different types of fresh milk, juices, breads, eggs, bacon, coffee, fruit...etc, not bad. There is a very nice 'Millbrae Pancake House' just nearby, excellent American Omelet !! Also nice to take the 'Bart' to Downtown by walking distance.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

Very poor sound insulation, our neighbour had an hour long mobile phone conversation starting at 5.37am and we heard every word. Bear in mind the shuttle comes every 30 minutes to the airport so don't panic.

Close to airport, free shuttle, mini-gym, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

Little basic snacks available a simple vending machine would of helped as we used it just for an airport stopover.

Decent entertainment system in room good pick up shuttle to airport decent breakfast and clean rooms

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

Air conditioning very smelly. More pillows needed. Fridge had a few half opened bottle of cola in. As not new should have. been thrown out by housekeeping.

Friendly helpful staff. Free computer and printer access. Able to check In for flight. Very near airport. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Only comment is that's it's a good 20 minute walk to BART. Not a problem for us but some might struggle.

Lovely smaller facility. Not too many rooms. One street back from El Camino Real, are many restaurants, a supermarket and other shops. Close to SFO with free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

The room had, not a musty smell, but a strange smell. Leaving the entry door open for more then an hour and the smell still persisted. Staff was great. Rest of facility was clean.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

Friendly, welcoming staff, brightly light and nicely decorated. Quiet. I was concerned that because it was a little off the beaten path that I might be disappointed. It was so nice to discover this place and I will be back again!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2015

Pricey, but you are paying for proximity to the airport.

Great location - close to the airport with free shuttlebus. Extremely comfortable bed (made me wish I was staying more than one night) and very clean room. Pleasant staff too.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

No problems

Very helpful staff - restaurants nearby. Airport shuttle is good - nb you need to phone from hotel shuttle bus shelter at airport that you are waiting.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

In the business center it's not possible to print your file just from your USB stick. Need to upload the file to the printing server.. But once done it worked well.

Hotel close to SF airport with free shuttle service. Easy parking (if necessary). Clean, large rooms, friendly personal. Working wi-fi easy to connect. The breakfast is correct but not exceptional.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Bed mattress was tired and very unstable/jiggly

Staff (Bernadette) was helpful and very friendly despite the late hour and early morning departure

• Reviewed: 1 February 2015

The walls are very thin. We could hear the people speaking quietly in the next room.

Room was clean, breakfast was reasonable and the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2016

Staff was exceptionally kind. Breakfast options were better than average. Room was great and met our needs!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

Staff are nice. The room is cozy and clean. Close to SFO.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2016

Only thing is maybe add few vegetables for breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Very pricey for our stay

Location is extremely convenient, great for stopover SFO.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

After a long flight and journey this was close enough to the airport without being too close.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

A bit noisy

Nice breakfast.A bit of a walk to bart station.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Staff

Room

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

We didn't have anything to complain about.

The amenities and the comfort of the bed.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Clean and confortable. Next to SFo with a convenient shuttle service. Perfect for a night to catch an early flight.

• Reviewed: 24 October 2015

Not many places to eat nearly ... unless you like pizza.

Comfortable, friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

easy parking and quiet environment

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Clean & neat

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

convenience

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The whole staff was so helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

The enclosed walkway is very nice and makes for a safe feeling. It was a nice surprise as it did not exist during my prior visit.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The staff, facility, willingness to accommodate were exemplary. I recommend Millwood highly. Thank for a great experience.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

A little too far away from the BART station. Very noisy AC

Comfy beds, overall cleanliness, no fuss breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

lOCATION. Pickup and dropoff service to airport

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Free shuttle to and from the airport. Comfortable room close to shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2015

Plesant surprise! Clean comfortable beds; excellent shuttle service; quality sundries; nice staff; overall very convenient to SFO

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Little run down. Not much to do in Millbrae.

Friendly and accommodating staff. Proximity to airport with shuttle. Good breakfast.

There are also 16 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.