Reviews of Mimosa Hotel 3 stars

5.7

5.1

Do not book here!
    • Studio

I was not told that I would need to pay a security deposit and after paying it, I never got my money back !!!! Only one worker was helpful during my stay. The others couldn’t even answer simple questions! Worst hotel experience I ever had !!

The jacuzzi isnt enough to save this place
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room I originally rented was supposed to be a deluxe room. It was much smaller than I expected and there were other non deluxe rooms that were larger, the pool was closed and it was hidden in the fine print which felt like bait and switch, the tv was like 10-15 inches and I was embarrassed to have brought my friend to this place. I wanted to check out immediately but they wouldn't refund my money so I had to stay for the night. I ended up paying 3 times more for other accommodations as I had to find accommodations last minute.

The front desk staff was pleasant

The staff was not friendly at all.
    • Standard Room

The staff was not friendly at all. They wouldn’t even acknowledge you if you walked near them, looked at you or answered good morning salutations. “The breakfast” for which I paid additional money was a sham. I would not go back neither would I recommend it.

Really nothing
    • Standard Room

It was under construction and the hallways smelled of urine. The water smelled like pure Clorox . This place is good for an overnight if needed but the rates are way to high for the conditions this hotel is in.

Really nothing

The hotel was destroyed cause the were in construction, pool...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel was destroyed cause the were in construction, pool closed, everything was closed , the room and the bathroom small, everything was horrible 😡also whem you do the booking they dont say nothing about this details..not good for customers..

Never staying here again !
    • Studio

Didnt properly adress that is under construction outside and inside the building . Pool wasnt available the pathway to the beach was closed the rooms looked like they were getting remodelations done as well, floors were dirty etc. NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURES!!

Short walk to the beach

It was under construction at the time of my stay.
    • Standard Room

It was under construction at the time of my stay. Wish it was specified more clear when booking online, instead of finding out at the time of arrival. Pool and beach access was closed.

We had a good weekend , the hotel is nice, but it will be...
    • Standard Room

We had a good weekend , the hotel is nice, but it will be much better when they finish the renovation. Is in a nice place... but don't be foolish by access to the beach...it is just public access. Overall it was a nice experience.

I checked out early
    • Standard Room

I didn’t like the facility they were doing renovations it didn’t look anything like the pictures there was no pool they completely lied it smells like mole through out the place

I like the beds they were very comfortable

Very unfriendly front desk staff at arrival.
    • Studio

Very unfriendly front desk staff at arrival. Anyone can have a bad day, but this was extreme. Construction was going on in reception area and in front of hotel.

I would stay again
    • Standard Room

Faucet in room, parking was across the street, pool was closed, people talking very loudly directly outside our door for about 30 min - doesn’t block noise very well

Hard to give fully accurate rating because the hotel is still undergoing renovations. Staff could not have been more nice! They were helpful, accommodating and even gave us info on events that weekend in the area. Room was clean and well kept. Right on the beach. Pool was closed but we knew that ahead of time. Only complaint was the faucet on the sink sprayed everywhere if you turned it on all the way, but again they are renovating. It was perfect for our needs

Too far under reconstruction to be a nice hotel
    • Studio

The hotel when we arrived was a construction site. I understand things need to be upgraded and developed but it seemed the entire hotel was being re-done. This meant we were walking through an entrance with cones and torn up pavements, walking past a kitchen with white sheets as it’s walls, and no lobby area as this is all under building Work. Also the pool was off limits due to reconstruction. The corridors were dirty, there was what looked like massive a sick stain/reminants outside one room for the whole stay. We got a suite for 3 people, with 2 double beds, the room was small. It didn’t look as nice as the pictures at all. The windows didn’t open in the room or the bathroom, and had a plastic film on them which said “keep on until inspection”- these had the delivery date of 2016 on, so it’s not like they were temporary. It meant we couldnt see our the windows and it made the room so much smaller. Bathroom no window or ventilation. AC was very noisy but did work well. I’m sure once all the work is completed this place is lovely and standard to stay at, but for the meantime it isn’t somewhere I would recommend.

Good locations, next to a few shops which were helpful and right off the north beach. Staff were really friendly, and we got free beach towels for the day.

Not pleased for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The construction on the property was way more vast than advertised. The plumbing was atrocious and the overall noise level was almost unbearable

Location only

Don’t ever stay here
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was rude and nasty the checked us into a dirty room we asked for cleaning products and they didn’t have any we then wanted a refund so they decided to move us into a better room after a huge argument and me calling the manager

DONT RENT HERE THE MIMOSA HOTEL SUCKS The worst stay I’ve ever had in my life at any hotel
    • Standard Room

No good parking no good water pressure in the shower charged 10 a day for parking and the parking area wasn’t being video Surveillance so could of got my car broken into the hotel hallways are gross it was the worst places I’ve ever stayed never again will I ever rent from them don’t recommend this place to no one at all place need to be shut down and they had horrible breakfast from 0-10 I rate this place a 1.5

The location was nice

To expensive for what I got. I would like a refund.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I had very disappointing experience. Staff was friendly. The picture are all just a lie, that’s why I took my time to take real pictures that I would like to share for future tourism. We got placed in a room that was different from what we had booked, when I complained they were charging me extra for what I was supposed get. They have cockroaches, no view to nowhere, the shower floor disgusting, cracked wall, not clear windows there are very old, under faucet handle very nasty. They are under construction they should let you know before booking. We would not come back there again. The parking lot is across the street, but they didn’t say so. The signs is very small that you won’t see it. I was driving around because there is not parking accessible. Parking is about $20/day not including in your booking.

THE PITS
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The is under construction DUST garbage and debris all over the place. Manager unhelpful and they even charge an extra $9 for parking across the street.

Terrible!!!! Very disappointing
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was extremely dissapoined... the hotel unknown to us was under COMPLETE construction, pool was closed... would NOT stay here again.... all of this SHOULD have been disclosed at the time I booked..

Disappointed in room and interior but love it was on beach and near bus
    • Standard Room

Construction dirt everywhere including my room Walked on planks to enter hotel so tough to drag suitcase Any one with a visual or physical disability might have been in danger They said construction would be completed by December but 12/9 it looked far from over Rooms need remodeling No place to pull in to check in ; just must stop in traffic lane on a busy street

Near beach and bus Refrigerator in room Good size room

They let us move to another room
    • Standard Room

Rooms had no views but to parking lots, the bathroom got clogged and there was no mention of the hotel was under construction. Didn't appreciate being woken up at 8 am to drilling after arriving from the airport at 3 am.

They let us move to another room

Small room, but close to great beach. Hotel under renovations.
    • Standard Room

The pool was under renovation and it's not stated in the website. Also there was construction going on during our stay and it got pretty noisy. I also got splashed in the face with cement from a cement truck that was directly on the property. Owner gave us 50% off of our stay.

Right on the beach and close to a few nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The tub was dirty, the staff was placid and occasionally rude. Breakfast was cheap, half the electrical in the room was broken, very loud construction going on with no warning, room had a horrible view, everything was moldy and outdated, phone didn't even work

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Dont Stay Here!
    • Standard Room

The constant noise and construction debris from renovations in this hotel plus the constant noise from the high rise construction next door made it impossible to stay at the pool or the beach. Not that there were any beach chairs available for us

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Never again
    • Studio

Very dated, rooms especially bathroom could be redone. Grout in tub black and parts coming off. Sink and tub both had poor drainage, backed up if water on for over 30 sec. Toilet wouldn't flush, we rigged it to work. Unexpected wake up call at 6 am- Not cool. Smells older, musky in hallway and very strong "plug-in" smell in room. Was not informed of $18 parking fee. Which I wouldn't have minded, however to pay $178 for one night stay in my opinion way too much.

Location was very good.

Do NOT stay here.
    • Studio

The hotel room was completely low budget. There were holes in the walls as well as cracks. Couldn't look out the window bc they were still taped up awaiting inspection. Liffed the bathroom window and water leaked in from a busted pipe. The cable didn't work and was given the run around about it my entire stay. The staff didn't come fix it until the night before checkout. The wifi didn't work too well either. Didn't receive a discount but received an extra fee for having another guest. The third time I went to complain about the cable and wifi there was another guy there with the same situation as mine and he was given free parking. I was charged an extra fee! The bartender also made the snacks from the menu but he WAS NOT A CLEAN PERSON. I never saw him wash his hands and he was ALWAYS scratching his nose! I will not be checking back into this hotel.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

There was plaster and dust everywhere, none of the lights or...

There was plaster and dust everywhere, none of the lights or pretty much anything worked, the room was much smaller than expected, there was no shower curtain for the shower, and the door to the bathroom was broken, the hotel is under construction and put my wife and I in a room literally right next to the construction. It was such a horrible experience we were referred to go to the sister hotel for a cheaper price but we decided not to go. It was jut a bad over all experience.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Horrible experience
    • Standard Room

My stay at this hotel was probably the worst experience of any hotel ever. When I arrived their systems were down and I couldn't check in after a long day at the airport. The 1st room I was checked in to had a disgusting refrigerator that wasn't plugged in, and a picture frame full a mold in the bathroom. I left to take care of a few things around town and when I returned the whole room was damp. I layed down and even the bed and pillows were moist, at that point I had to request a new room. I had to move all my things to the 2nd room around 5am only to wake up later that morning and walk into a bathroom floor soaked with toilet water. When I went to call the front desk the phone wasn't working so I had to walk down to the desk with toilet water on my feet to ask for service. After some came to check my room I relocated to another room that was finally livable. Overall I would never return or recommend this horrible hotel to anyone that is planning to visit Miami.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The overall aeasthetics were great;
    • Standard Room

Minor things such as: stains on the roof/wall (maybe from water), cracked tiles, the outdoor tables need to be upgraded (they're rusty and unbalanced), and real orange juice for breakfast would be nice.

The overall aeasthetics were great; the beds and blankets were fantastic; we loved the minimalism and efficiency of the room as well.

The staff was very nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The prices was too much for the room, it was much smaller than we thought it would be. Also all the hidden fees.

The staff was very nice.

It was under construction but I bet that it will be really...
    • Studio

It was under construction but I bet that it will be really pretty once they are done.

Bring a little bit more money

The payment of the hotel. It was very difficult. Parking for the Hotel is not included

It was on the beach. The Free bus stop is near by

I would definitely come back to this place. The gentlemen that helped us check in was very professio
    • Studio

This place was under construction.

I loved that the beach was so close and playground is right around the corner. Very convenient.

A bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

Price

Night staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was spotless. Great location.

Great place aside from taking my deposit
    • Standard Room

My deposit was taken siting that I smoked in the room and I did not very disappointing

The location very close to S Beach

The friendliness of check in staff

The friendliness of check in staff

Good but not great !
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wasn’t aware of the construction outside. Pool was closed & breakfast isn’t included. Isn’t worth the cost

The jacuzzi bath tub

Nice

Hotel was under construction

• Studio

it was under renovation not mentioned during the my booking

Cute hotel, nice staff
    • Standard Room

The staff is very friendly

Nice size room
    • Standard Room

Had to pay for water, had to pay for early check in, no late check out

Nice size room

Won’t stay there again
    • Studio

The room, some of staff, location, nasty

Not a good stay at all

The hotel was horrible

Horrible

not recomanded

Didn’t like anything

Didn’t like anything

It was okay not worth my money

Construction in the building

Jacuzzi

Hotel smell like urine

Hotel smell like urine

The location was good.
    • Standard Room

There was a puke stain in front of the door to the room.

The hotel was directly next to the beach with easy access.

Cheap alternative but don't book until renovations complete.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Major renovations on. No pool or cafe.

Was clean.

Clean, quiet room with jacuzzi

Nothing at all

Perfect service, jacuzzi in the room and very comfy bed, silence

I wont be staying here again... Just glad I had a place to lay my head, but not worth it to me...

Everything!

It smelled beyond fresh and clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The construction occurring at obnoxious hours

It smelled beyond fresh and clean. The color gave it the pure vibrant look

The swimming pool and beach access areas were CLOSED due to...
    • Standard Room

The swimming pool and beach access areas were CLOSED due to construction.

nice location

The pool out of order

the beach area

Under heavy renovations, rooms are extremely under appointed...
    • Standard Room

Under heavy renovations, rooms are extremely under appointed, old yellow stained towels hidden behind robes in the closet, cheapest bad frames ever.

Girls Trip!
    • Studio

TV was very small and room had no dresser.

I enjoyed the staff and access to the beach.

I'll be back
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Extraordinary customer service great mimosas 😄

• Studio

Wifi service, remodelation in progress

Miami beach 2017

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Is close to the beach
    • Studio

The hotel is under construction and has not access to the beach and no other attractions provided (only rooms )

Is close to the beach

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Ehh
    • Deluxe Queen Room

So many hidden fees at check out!

Friendly and quiet

Worst hotel- the mimosa
    • Studio

Worst hotel ever ! Privately owned , and once I tried to check out they told me I never paid for the rooms when I checked in

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Easy access restaurants and Beach

Easy access restaurants and Beach

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

GREAT LOCATION! SUPER CLEAN AND VERYYY FRIENDLY STAFF!
    • Studio

I loved the location the staff was so warming and friendly very very welcoming definitely recommending this to everyone

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

not much
    • Standard Room

Under construction; poor beach access; very noisy; thin walls; parking too expensive for surface lot.

not much

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Perfect location.
    • Studio

Perfect location. Close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

If you are looking for a place a bit far from the city...

Just renewed but needs to bright up their decoration. One bed in our bedroom obvious needed an update cause the matress was old.

If you are looking for a place a bit far from the city centre and all the young people this is the perfect place. Good facilities with small fridge and microwave that save us a few dollars on food. Just beside the beach and because the sea was a bit ruf a perfect place to swim in the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Perfect location!

Front desk staff wasn't too friendly or informative :( Booked a trip with them... worst experience ever!!! I found their price a bit too expensive, as breakfast and parking were not included.

Perfect location! Loved the pool and the beach is steps away!!! Our room was nice, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Good room- two desks, very comfortable bed, clean, friendly...

Not a lot of light and no microwave. Water pressure not great

Good room- two desks, very comfortable bed, clean, friendly staff, great location steps from beach

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Location is awesome, right on the beach.

The rooms were too small, although it didn't matter much as we were there to just sleep

Location is awesome, right on the beach. Although its on north beach ( not south beach!!), i liked the quite surroundings. Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable and good room service.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Staff had zero hospitality.

Staff had zero hospitality. $10 for breakfast which was basically bread. Limited outlet in room for charging phones, etc Only one outlet worked in our room. No carport in front of hotel

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

The studio room had a clean feeling ( for the price you pay...

We had a room on the street side. Great room but noisy as the balcony doors are not at all isolated. Shame, because the studio room was great!

The studio room had a clean feeling ( for the price you pay for the room), modern,comfortable beds, lot of space. Great aircon. Nice pool and right at the beach!!!!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2015

Awesome location right on the beach.

Awesome location right on the beach. Great staff! Very friendly and helpful. Nice rooms! Only thing i wish was better is the breakfast otherwise everything else was great!

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

The hotel is on the beach.

An older hotel that needs some work.

The hotel is on the beach.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Rude gentleman during check in.

Rude gentleman during check in.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

bathroom are horiable

bathroom are horiable

There are also 32 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mimosa Hotel traveller photo gallery