Reviews of Sheraton Bloomington 4 stars

5601 West 78th Street, Bloomington, MN 55439, USA

#8 of 42 hotels in Bloomington

Generally speaking a good hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The alarm went off 3 times between 2am and 3am on Aug. 4, 2018. And they were all false alarms. But it completely destroyed our night and sleep. The worst experience ever. Once I can understand but three times in 20 times were just insane. Not happy with how the night-shift management team handled it.

Room is nice and clean. Layout is good.

Value just not there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee available in the lobby, AC units old and loud, in general, hotel felt dated. Nothing to do around immediate area.

Beds were comfy, restaurant (Lela) pleasant enough.

The stay met our needs. Thanks!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no complimentary breakfast. I thought there would be. There looked to be a good restaurant as part of the hotel but it was way overpriced.

The room and the workout facility. The front desk was friendly and helful.

Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

I didn’t like the fact that the parking spaces are really tight together I was nervous I was going to get door dinged.

I love the space in the room and the king size bed wow is all I can say I really didn’t want to get out of bed. I will definitely choose Sheraton again for sure.

Good hotel, POOR restaurant service.

I was here because the April blizzard shut down the airports and my connecting flights were cancelled. There was no way to order food in since no place was delivering (weather). So I went to the restaurant. The restaurant staff acted flustered and as though I were a bother. Frankly I was the only black person in the restaurant and found it weird that after seating a table of 3, the host then let me know that he could not seat me and that he "was too busy". He let me know I should try the lobby bar, which was closed. I came back to the bar and the bartender was also too busy and made it clear. I calmly insisted that I was stuck at an airport for 24 hours and needed something to eat. This "Im too busy" thing continued even as other patrons who were there after me were served. I waited patiently until the floor manager came to me to offer me an alternative meal because they had run out of the wings I had ordered an hour before. She was refreshing and treated me with some respect. Overall, good hotel, POOR restaurant service!

Great room and front desk staff

The only thing that I didn't like is,the window.
    • Club King Room

The only thing that I didn't like is,the window..I know you can't see from outside..but I wasn't really comfortable..I prefer a curtain.since I can see the people outside,I feel like they can see me too.so I had to ask the lady at the desk for a different room.otherwise everything was perfect.just the curtain.

This place was amazing, very friendly staff and close to the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This place was amazing, very friendly staff and close to the mall of America. Loved that we could bring our family pet along for our mini vacation and there was no extra charge. Restaurant and Starbucks in the hotel were a plus !

Comfortable as always

The rooms facing the highway need better insulation as the toad noise can be very loud. Also, some rooms are much more modern and comfortable than others (at the same price). Lobby Starbucks not open.

I’ve stayed at the Sheraton many times and am always pleased. Helpful staff, nicely appointed rooms that are very spacious, and a very nice bar/restaurant w excellent food and happy hours.

Excellent hotel, on-site restaurant, and service.
    • Club King Room

Did not have hot tub or pool. I don't know if I would stay again for family travel because it was too formal with business travelers. We were there during holiday week but I am sure lot more business travel during normal week.

The hotel allowed my dog to stay and they seemed to handle everything very well. Very clean and accommodating hotel. Breakfast wasn't served a couple days in the club room, so they gave us vouchers for there on-site restaurant which was excellent! Thank you.

I will definitely not stay again in this hotel because there are many hotels better around.

There was no refrigerator. There was no soft only a tiny chair. The most bad thing was the sound of the rooms around me. You can hear what’s going on next door and above. It’s pricey compared to the condition.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The room was huge.

Definitely coming back when I return to Minnesota. Felt safe and comfortable.

People were great. Knowledgeable and friendly. Lemon water in lobby😊 Clean room and quiet at night in halls. Great restaurant with super nice staff. Valet was awesome too.

We would definitely stay here again.

There was no fan/vent in the bathroom.

The bed was very comfortable and the lobby was beautiful. We also really enjoyed the restaurant. Our dinners were delicious. It was a perfect anniversary dinner!

Awesome place to relax!!!

I didnt like how expensive the food was. We didnt end up ordering from the resturant because it was too exoensive.

I was so beautiful! And the staff was really nice! We got a king size bedroom with just one bed and they asked if we wanted a double bed room and they got it for us!

Pleasant stay

I have no complaints.

Very clean and upscale elegance. Professional, friendly staff. Any request was met immediately. Although there were many people staying at the hotel, it was calm and quiet. I never heard a sound coming from other rooms or hallway traffic. My room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was the BEST.

Nice for the price

Breakfast was not included, and the rooms didn't have a microwave or mini fridge, which seems to be standard at most hotels I've ever stayed at. For it being so nice I was a little surprised and disappointed that they didn't seem to have those basic amenities. I should state that I did not look to see if they had those particular amenities when I booked, I just took it for granted that they did. Had we not gotten such a good deal on the booking.com site we probably would have stayed elsewhere.

The atmosphere was very cool and relaxed, the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were nice. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. Location was good; close to a lot of places we wanted to go.

Not family friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very loud hotel. Not family friendly. Like staying in Daytona for spring break. Yelling and swearing late into the night. Our room had no out door view. Nothing for kids to eat. No breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hotel very nice but a few reasons we wouldn't return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price of restaurant we thought high not because of the food as the food was wonderful. But our server at the restaurant seemed rather drunk. I've never seen this before and definitely would expect this in an expensive restaurant. We took it in good humour at the time but it did make service uncomfortable as our server didn't really seem to know what she was doing. We also didn't like the way they hold a charge on your card for anything you put on the room. Drinks/dinner etc. There was already a charge for the room and an 'incase we break anything' charge on the card. We have never come across this before ever and both of us have travelled worldwide. We would always pay our bill so left a bad taste really, seems very untrusting and left me with money out of my account that I was planning to use on shopping in the mall. As the money we actually hadn't spent or damaged the room in any way was out back after we had returned back home 48hrs later.

Comfy beds. Hotel lobby and bar/Starbucks very nice

The room I was in was amazing, it was spacious and...

The room I was in was amazing, it was spacious and comfortable. Everything was clean when we arrived and the staff was absolutely accommodating. They did everything in their power to make sure I was happy and our stay was perfect.

Staff was courteous,clean environment, friendly, bed was...
    • Club King Room

The one thing I didn't like about it is that I had somebody go up to the front desk to ask for a key for my room and they allowed that person to get a key without any verification from me just because they had information about me, they allow that person to get a key to my room which I don't think is right at all so that means anybody that has any information about you, they could get into your room I think that's a security breach purpose. Sense they allowed, That made me feel uncomfortable about staying there the front desk clerks, they should be trained way better than they are I've done this test at other hotels and they have allowed it to. one of these times it's not going to be good and you're going to have a major lawsuit on your hands. The front desk clerk should have called and verified with me before giving anybody a key to my room because I did not have nobody else on my room except my name only.

Staff was courteous,clean environment, friendly, bed was comfy, room size was decent, nice place to stay I'd recommend it to all my friends and family.9 [yyyoyo*

Disappointed

The room I was in faced inside the hotel, where people can look into my room through window. The hotel looked old and the way the rooms were arranged was a little strange. The room didn't have mini fridge. The shelf they had looked fashionable, but it was useless. I expected more from Sheraton.

It was located right by the highway. The rainforest shower was awesome! The bed was comfortable. Complimentary bottles of water was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room were cheaper if I booked thru hotel. No fridge. Restaurant prices a little high. No continental breakfast. And no. Pool for kids

Very clean rooms, comfortable beds nice lounge.nice staff

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Hey! You NEED to stay here! It's great!!:)

No complaints here!:D

We loved the bed! The Sheraton has some of the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. The staff was also very welcoming, friendly, and funny! They even let us pick what kind of view we wanted(we chose a view from indoors) we got a big beautiful room! It's very quiet here too so there are no disturbances during the night. And we got a fantastic deal over the weekend and free wifi. It's a great location with a lot of places to eat nearby! We had breakfast at Einstein Bros Bagels & Caribou just around the corner. Great nights sleep, great location, beautiful hotel. What are you waiting for??:D

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Pleasant, but distant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1. I was placed in a room as far away from the elevator as possible. Literally. I was in the last room on the side hall. I neither saw nor heard anyone else in that hall during the two days of my stay.

Convenient location. Pleasant staff. Attractive, comfortable accommodations. Will definitely stay again, but preferably closer.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Great hotel with great staff!

Everyone was so nice! From the staff at the desk to the amazing man who brought our luggage down from our room and got our car, everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Our room was very nice and comfortable. Absolutely no complaints with cleanliness. The bar area was very modern and cool as well. We will be returning back next year for Black Friday.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The room was nice.

The room was nice. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Clean hotel.

It was beautiful.

Everything was great.

It was beautiful. Inside and out. The room was amazing.

Super clean and beds very comfy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hot water in shower took FOREVER to get hot

Super clean and beds very comfy

The place is beautiful

I don’t like that it’s such a beautiful place and expensive and they don’t offer breakfast

The place is beautiful

It's worth it!

It was very professional

Cozy

Didn't have a mini fridge

Friendly staff

It was a wonderful experience, I’m looking forward to my next stay.

I liked everything.

It was a beautiful hotel.

Very accommodating and friendly

Very accommodating and friendly

Good
    • Club King Room

No microwave or refrigerator in the room. Also no washers, dryer, or pool.

The comfortable room

I love that pets are welcome with no additional fees

More entrances

I love that pets are welcome with no additional fees

The location and the price

The location and the price

Nice and quiet

My sheets were not clean,had to call the front desk for more sheets.

Nice and quiet

• Club King Room

Brakfast was rather weak and occasionally ran out of things to eat.

Great stay!

Little old looking on the outside. Looked like an old office building.

The restaurant was great

Extremely comfortable bed.

Only 1 entrance so be sure to ask about parking!

Extremely comfortable bed. Everything was spot clean and shower was perfect!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I will stay there again next time I get the chance!

I loved the bed and the waterfall shower!

Room was great.

Room was great. Bed was very comfortable. Rates were affordable. Loved the in room safe.

Fun events at reunion

Traffic noise

My classmates were there

No fridge,no pool ,no hotub,no free breakfast

No fridge,no pool ,no hotub,no free breakfast

Lovely room, comfy bed, a joy to chill in after a long...

Lovely room, comfy bed, a joy to chill in after a long flight, awoke refreshed ready to continue the rest of our journey

Excellent hotel

Excellent hotel

Very clean

Very clean

Best overnight stay in a long time!

Can't think of anything!

The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was super nice and very clean.

I have had better experiences.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

shuttle to the mall would have been nice, a pool would have been nice, a free continental breakfast would have been wonderful.

Classy place to stay

Location is harder to get to but we stayed there when Sofitel

Large rooms, sitting area, quiet - classy

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Perfect

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Blooming good time
    • Club King Room

Its more set up as a business hotel

Location,Food,Staff,Comfort all very good

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The bed was very comfy

The bed was very comfy

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Absolutely wonderful!

Everything was great!

The room was not worth the price, there wasn't a pool at...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not worth the price, there wasn't a pool at this location.

Nice place to stay
    • Club King Room

The restaurant was expensive with a limited selection of food.

I loved the restaurants and the lounge area.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

I recommend this property
    • Club King Room

Comforter felt like it was cleaned with too much starch.

Personable and attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Staff is very friendly;

Staff is very friendly; Roki is the best door man in Minneapolis Beds are very comfortable

Best stay!
    • Club King Room

The beds were comfy and the overall experience was great. staff was really great i will come back again

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Fantastic

Comfy bed. Great hotel! Staff even brought up our vehicle to the front door and assisted with our luggage!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

No breakfast for guests

Beautiful facility

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Excellent stay

Very quiet comfortable room. Got a great nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great hotel!

Was further away from our destination than we would have liked.

The bed and shower were amazing!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Comfortable

Comfortable Wonderful bedding Great rooms Excellent s

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Friendly check in staff and very accomomodating.

Friendly check in staff and very accomomodating. We had our high end Mt bikes on the car carrier and they suggested we store them in our room, giving us peace of mind they would be safe.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Beds were incredibly comfortable and lobby was very nice

I wish the hotel had breakfast buffet or bar.. The restaurant's breakfast wasn't very good.

Beds were incredibly comfortable and lobby was very nice

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Beautiful lobby/atrium, large window in our room,...

Very uncomfortable sofa and chair in our room; badly designed desk and cabinets - we couldn't open the drawers (rm. 531) and two people couldn't sit at the "table" at the same time

Beautiful lobby/atrium, large window in our room, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom; good temperature control

• Reviewed: 13 April 2016

Prompt and good service.

Prompt and good service. Elegant facilities newly renovated. Easy access within 5 mile of airport, downtown Minneapolis and in the heart of the Southwest metro area.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Best sleep I had in a while!

Best sleep I had in a while! Breakfast was very enjoyable, and the staff was so kind! Although I wasn't imagining a room facing the inside of the hotel, it was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

The room was great and the staff very friendly, will go back...

The restaurant wasn't very good, it was over priced and tried to be too fancy. Example: the potato puree was, or atleast tasted like, instant potatoes.

The room was great and the staff very friendly, will go back for sure. I had a very relaxing vacation for the weekend!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

The beds were great!

Kids would have liked a pool, and the restaurant wasn't really kid friendly, but for adults it was wonderful!

The beds were great! Clean, modern rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

I live in Sydney, Australia and came here for an interview.

I was here for an interview at the University of Minnesota, and while this property is close to the Mall of America it is not at all close to the University! So for me, not a great location, but partly my own fault for not doing enough research.

I live in Sydney, Australia and came here for an interview. I tried to call my family from the room (who live in the US) to let them know that I arrived etc. When I saw my bill the charge was almost $60 for a 20 minute phone call! I had a mini panic attack at seeing this as I had provided my Australian credit card for security and the exchange rates are horrible at the moment. I spoke to the man on reception on check out and he immediately took off $30 from the charge! So happy! I wish I had paid attention to his name! Room was beautiful, looked just like the photos, did find some hairs on the floor in the bathroom that didn't belong to me, but overall clean and comfortable. Plus they had free wifi on promotion while I was there so that is always a plus!

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.