Reviews of Mohegan Sun 4 stars

1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Uncasville

Based on 1977 hotel reviews

• Two Accessible Queen Beds - Earth Tower

A lot could of been done better. Was given a subpar room because checkin time was 5 for Sunday. This was never communicated on my accommodation for booking. Was given another room and all night I could hear people working outside. Very unacceptable and most like won’t be using booking in future.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Everything was extremely clean. The food at Bobby flay and Tuscany were amazing. I had a great stay. My only complaint is everything is very expensive and we didn't win any money.

• Horizon Suite - Earth Tower

There's only one certain thing that we would have preferred to be better. That was the Delux room that we stayed in. The living room, bedroom and bathrooms should have been larger and more extravagant for our liking and what we paid for.

We enjoyed the room we stayed in. The bed was large and extreamly comfortable. At Mohegan Sun there is a large quantity and quality of places to eat, shop, gamble and be entertained at events that are taking place. My husband and I will definitely go back!!!!

Love the design. Natural color scheme and modern amenities. Of course, the casino, restaurants and shops bring it all together. We had a great day and night.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

I found it very difficult to get information about restaurants near to our room location and how to make a reservation so we could eat before the show. The map is not that helpful, the TV had no connection to the restaurant choices and no instruction on how to use any of the the other devices in the room. I could not connect to the google tv options as I did not have my id readily available

The convenience of a room where the venue to the concert we attended. My husband is disabled and we find it works well that we can retreat to our room if necessary

• Accessible Deluxe King Room - Earth Tower

Everything about our first visit to Mohegan Sun exceeded our expectation with the exception of the staff. Casino floor associates not friendly and had to keep moving to different areas on the floor to try and find a cocktail waitress. Never found one to order a drink and was on the floor for over 5hrs.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

We did not like the casino .The supervisor Roberto at the cashier of the earth casino was very rude

We loved the concierge of the earth tower .Her name was Joyce and she was so very helpful and a pleasure to deal with

Horrible swimming pool and the spa facility was not open when I was there. No food variety since almost all restaurants at Mohegan Sun have similar unhealthy overpriced food. Would have been nice with one shop or gallery with native american art and crafts.

Beautifully built hotel (and casino) with impressive architecture! Comfortable bed, spacious room (very clean) and friendly hotel staff.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

$18/per person for the continental breakfast. Overheard Valet tell an elderly couple the $20 is a reasonable tip. All the “free” water you can drink would’ve been good if they would’ve brought some up but you’re actually paying $18/day for it. They check your room key before going into the elevator but watch out for the guy that’s on the phone, he won’t get off the phone and he mumbles so you have no idea what he’s asking you.

The room was clean and most of the staff were beyond nice. Easy location to find but self parking wasn’t very clear so I chose Valet, it’s free and tipping is expected.

• Accessible Deluxe King Room - Earth Tower

I’ve stayed at Mohegan more times than I can remember and I have never had an experience as unpleasant as this . The staff at the reservation desk in Sky were not helpful, friendly but not informed . Also when I enquirer a out the pool being heated(probably a silly question), but an inquiry none the less I was told they don’t put ice in the pool.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

I didn’t like that I when I asked for help or had a question they would walk away and pay no mind to me after already looking at me. I also didn’t like how poorly the waitresses were and how rude they were when I simply asked for a drink after I’ve been playing on the same slot for over 45 minutes and no one came to serve me and when they did eventually come ask me what I wanted for a drink she was rude and not helpful at all. I would rather go to Foxwoods and get better service then pay the money to come here again.

• Elite King - Earth Tower

Walking distance to parking garage from hotel and confusion getting checked in. We do not like to valet Park and heard it can be a long wait to get your car. My husband has a bad knee. Our temperature control was offline and we were not able to control the temperature. The room was really nothing special, but was the most expensive hotel room we ever stayed at.

Location, beauty of the casino and proximity of hotel to it, cleanliness, friendly staff.

• Elite King - Earth Tower

The table set up was a bit sporadic for the Poker room. It is very crowded. The tables were uncomfortable to sit at when players started filling the room up. We felt like we were sitting on top of one another and there was very little room in between tables. The rest of the casinos had ample room for playing all other types of games.

The staff was extremely pleasant.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The slots and tables are fixed to lose! Foxwoods is so much better!

Staff was not personable. 25c Slots are very limited, all slots are fixed to lose. I will not return to Mohegan.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

There is very little soundproofing. I was able to hear the person next door vomiting.

I really liked that it it a green facility and the technology is all up to date. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Luxury Sky Suite

My mother and I walked to the elevator multiple times and never had to get my room card checked. But one time they stopped my mother and I (the same guys that seen us walk through before) to check our room card but a group of girls that were behind us walked through and didn't get there room card checked (no room card is showing). We asked why they didn't get there card checked and the man lied saying they have to check everyone's room card when they clearly didn't check the group of girls room card.

Stayed in the Luxury Sky Suite, everything was beautiful, clean and had a great view. 99.5% of the staff was great!

The Elemis Spa was closed for complete renovation and I loved the Elemis. 🙁🙁🙁

We love Mohegan! And we stayed in a recently updated room on 31 with a cute lil couch and updated lamps, updated bathroom etc. Always clean, smells good, everything works, everyone nice and helpful.

• Two Accessible Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Bed was not that comfortable . And If some one coming with the family/children then by default, extra blankets should have been given

Room was good :-)

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

I wish there was other things to do besides going to the casino as we've found in other resort. I would have loved a movie theater, miniature golf, bowling, etc.

Bed and pillows were super comfy and the shower was the BEST we've ever had in any hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful which made for a great getaway!

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Eliminate the resort fee. We did not use any of the perks that were included in the fee.

Both dinner and breakfast was exceptionally good. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

It would have been nice if the pool and hot tub stayed open longer then it was.

The room was very nice and smoke free was even better no smell of the casino smoke in the air because I do smoke smell bothers me. The area up front with the fire going was very nice to sit out and enjoy the fire.

Loved everything

Easy location..great valet..quick and cheerful check-in..good energy...variety of food choices and ambiance to enjoy...and enough games to keep you entertained

• Horizon Suite - Earth Tower

That the tables didn’t open until 12:00. The Irish bar didn’t allow anybody to go in after 11:30pm.

That everything you need is in one place. You never have to leave once you park your car. Also a lot of different choices for restaurants.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

There is nothing negative!

Loved the new Earth Tower and the patio with the gas fireplaces! Plus loved having that little cafe to get coffee right close by.

The entire building was smoke filled from cigarette smoke. Its a disgusting habit and I smelled of smoke at the end of the nights events and casino gambling. I think that they really need to consider that more people are non smokers and they should consider making the smoking section small and the non smoking areas the largest. At current that is not the way it is!!! That is really my only issue. Staff was friendly, casino host was great and the dealers were p[pleasant. And I won $3,000!!!

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The staff was cold, unwelcoming, and rude. When checking out she tried to charge me for a bottle i didn’t drink, and then scolded us for picking the bottle off the bar. I was cut off from LQ purchase by 10pm because I was picked out a crowd for I look young. I was yelled at and made a fool of in public when i was SOBER. I will NEVER be returning. Valerie and Edward from the beverages department are to thank for that!

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

The staff was amazing, the buffet was out of this world and love how clean everything is kept. Thanks for an absolutely perfect stay. See you again soon Mohegan Sun.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

This place is amazing easy check in and check out helpful and friendly staff We celebrated our anniversary and were so happy we for sure will stay here again.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Everything was PERFECT THAT DAY! LOVED KIRK HE WAS SO PLEASANT AND ACCOMMODATING

The bellhops were so welcoming! The room was impeccable!my daughter and her friends RAVED ABOUT the shower....I HAD to see what all the fuss was about!!! Best SHOWER EVER👍 the 16 yr olds enjoyed shopping,the pool,cyber quest Whilemy sister and I gambled and then rented a movie. Was a really enjoyable time for all!!! Convenient for everyone! We all had A GREAT TIME!! I didn't wanna leave😁

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

the room was more like a comfort inn than a $550/night hotel room. Its a rip off, and there are no longer any blackjack tables less than $25 on a saturday night.

convenience to casino

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The entire place smelled like smoke even in the non-smoking areas. We saw people smoking and non-smoking areas. We saw throw up on the carpet on a few spots just left it unattended. We ordered a pizza and brought it up to our room and when we brought it up and opened it we noticed the pizza was all parents.

the pool

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

The valet stole a jar of money from my car and scratched my prescription glasses. Waiting for manager to calk back after revuewing seurity tape. Ruined a great stay. The place was also hard to navigate. A lot of employees couldnt help either

It was clean, beautifuly decorated

We ordered room service the day we were checking out and we did not get everything that we ordered, but because of the weather we were unable to call and get everything that we ordered. Also it took 20 minutes to get our car out of valet, as I saw a number of cars get out of valet in 10 minutes or less. I was very unhappy with that part.

• Two Accessible Queen Beds - Earth Tower

I reserved a double queen room that was suppose to offer in room massages and was suppose to have a pull out sofa. Upon check in the room I was put into only had the beds. Was not the room I reserved and the line to check in was crazy long

• Two Accessible Queen Beds - Earth Tower

We ended up booking the handicapped room so it was comical to us since thankfully we didn’t need it. Beds closer to the ground, handicapped chair in bathroom, automatic door opener. Good for future 😊

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds

Rooms had a toxic, chemical smell - likely from new carpet. We had to be moved out of first room as the smell was sickening (even bellboy acknowledged it). Also, room service must be ordered from menu on TV, but the options are not up to date. Tried to order chicken parm as per the menu and was told they “haven’t served that for 3 years”.

Rooms were very nice and staff helpful

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds

More things for kids to do would be nice. Public bathrooms could use an upgrade for a 4 diamond resort they were very basic.

The amenities like shopping, restaurant choices, gambling.

Love the buffet par,t very tasty desserts, also having the option of the kids club is great so you can enjoy some adult time. The staff and the Valet guys were very nice and friendly.

Security needs to be more informed staff especially when booking needs to know and inform customers that the spa and health club is under renovation

Cleanliness and friendly staff

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and eager to please. Everything exceeded our expectations! It was great for our 7 year old. He loved the pool and the arcade.

n/a

Room was large-very comfortable. Slept well in king bed. We especially appreciated kindness and courtesy of All staff from check-in to information stations, but the VERY BEST was room service and breakfast! A toaster to make hot toast!

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

I cannot think of anything that could’ve been better - we loved it!

Everything was immaculately clean and comfortable, spacious and beautifully decorated!

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The room and over all hotel was very clean. The beds were super comfortable. Room was quiet! Very secure. Was my daughter's birthday they left a BD cake in the room. Very enjoyable stay!

• Elite King - Earth Tower

I despise the carpet. Time to invest In engineered flooring. The staff in the lobby of the Earth Tower could stand to be a little more friendly and welcoming to guests.

Plenty of towels. The room was spacious. Bed was very comfortable.

• Horizon Suite - Earth Tower

First, check in was awful. I know check in is at 5 pm but got there at 2 and room wasn’t ready I kept checking back and kept saying not ready but gave them my cell #. Finally at 5 I didn’t feel well and checked again, room was ready BUT different girl said it had been ready for awhile and they didn’t have my cell to call me. I gave everything to first girl and told her I didn’t feel well if I could get in room earlier I would appreciate it. Check in should be earlier for the price you are paying for night. Second bathroom sink was plugged and would not drain. Not worth calling someone since we were there only one night.

The room was great. View was wonderful and loved the frig and coffeemaker in room.

• Horizon Suite 2 Queen - Earth Tower

Went to pre register for check in and they said I had 2 nights booked instead of the one showing on my booking.com app. I had to call booking.com who then contacted Mohegan sun. Turns out the employee checking me in had entered the wrong name into the computer(she had my license) and nothing was wrong. Then the reservations were not linked between booking.com and the casino so that took more time. Finally after 45 minutes I was pre-registered. Unfortunately I missed half the NCAA game I was hoping to watch. With the promise of a call to notify me when my room would be ready I went to go watch some basketball. 3 hours later and after check in at 4:00 I never received a call. I went to the desk that informed me my room was ready. When I got to my room the key did not work. I heard voices in the room so I knocked assuming it was staff but to my surprise it was other guest( Awkward). After talking to several people on the phone in the hallway it turned out the clerk at the desk wrote room 50802 instead of 50820. After getting into are room a person from house keeping knocked at the door because he though we were in the wrong room???? Well the key worked so I didn’t know what to tell him. Finally when we pulled out the pull out coach to go to sleep the top sheet was dirty and stained. Not sure if it was washed from last visit. I ended up sleeping on the coach because frankly I was tired and didn’t want to deal with it. When I was asked about my stay at checkout I told them the issues. The clerk was sorry for the inconvience. :( Seems like all the little things that cold go wrong did and it kind of put a damper on the trip. I do go every year for the NCAA tourney and this is the first time something like this has happened. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

Ushually a great stay. Hoping this trip was the exception.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

There was a winter storm on its way - at least that’s what the TV was saying - but it never materialized. So all the shops were closed by 6pm and nearly all the restaurants. We were hoping to eat at Michael Jordans but it was closed.

The hotel was well laid out and our room was new and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was excellent. The whole property was quite a surprise. We didn’t know what to expect and we were very pleased.

The bed with bedding was very comfortable. The room was clean and bright, very spacious bathroom. We attended a concert there and it was very convenient to go the room when the concert was over.

• Accessible Deluxe King Room - Earth Tower

I felt that the hotel pools could have been better, only one hot tub and there were under age kids in it and staff didn't seem to care. The room cards are annoying in the elevators.

Mohegan is a really great casino, everything in the building is beautiful and amazing architecture. There's a ton of good shops and really good places to eat.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

We prefer this casino to Foxwoods, much cleaner somehow does not smell like smoke at all and it not being so big very comfortable to get around and the restaurants are delicious. This time we ate at Tuscany which was beyond delicious!!

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds

Saturday nights are really expensive so it can be difficult without a large group.

We unfortunately had a lost credit card and lost wallet during our stay but both wound up in lost and found! Many kudos to the staff for taking care of lost articles so quickly.

Too far from airports and the smoking is a little bothersome.

Beautiful place, very nice staff, lots of restaurant options. Too far from airports and the smoking is a little bothersome. Other than that, really, really nice.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Didn't realize how busy the place is at night....all the restaurants had two hour waits. Would have liked to know in advance so we could make one. The first restaurant we ate at for lunch we waited over 10 minutes for the server to take drink order. Our room was across from bachelorette party. Wish they would put parties together and keep a couple coming in by themselves in another area of the hotel.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Need to improve the quality of the food at the buffet. The quality was not as good as the last time we stayed. The food was very salty.

The atmosphere was extremely enjoyable. Loved the act at the comedy club. Need more affordable entertainment.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Room wasn't ready and I told them at booking it was hubby's birthday but I got it to all work out

Cleanliness. Employees were very nice and tried to help as best as they could

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The pool was very crowded with younger kids . Nothing to do for teenagers !! You need a pool for 16 and older ,such as a bowling center and maybe a game room for older kids .

The beds were comfortable. The lighting in the rooms were great

The rooms are well decorated , the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom facilities were first class. The variety of restaurants, shopping , and gambling choices are the best. The designs at the casino are unbelievable, everywhere you look each sign and decoration are one of a kind , a designers dream just to see in person. I love Mohegan Sun!

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

I made the reservation back in November for a king deluxe room in the earth Tower. We checked in put our bags in the room and went straight out. I did not realize until we returned around 1am that this in fact was not the room I booked. We were given a room with a queen bed and we weren't even in the right tower! A little disappointing but still was a beautiful room and a great stay. I'm not sure what can be done to assure people get the correct room but maybe upon check in make it a point to let someone know they infact will not be getting the room they paid for. Upon check out I noted the mistake and was given a few coupons to redeem any where at Mohegan Sun. So we had a nice breakfast before we left!

Alot to offer here.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

We had a dog howling all night and morning and the Conceirge’s answer ‘would you like a $10 voucher’ as we were leaving. Apparently the comfort and enjoyment of its patrons isn’t first in their minds. And honestly whomever brought the furry baby should have known that it would cry and howl and as such should have considered that in whether they brought and left the poor thing for hours and hours.

The room was very comfortable and there’s so much to do - and the food was fabulous!

• River Suite

Better shower head :-).

Outstanding room. We rented a SKY TOWER LUXURY SKY SUITE. Loved all the high end touches and quality, cleanliness of the room.

• Horizon Suite - Earth Tower

While there were several restaurants, there weren’t many healthful choices.

The room was gigantic. Clean and I felt secure, as you needed to show your room key to get the the hotel elevator and use your key to operate the elevator.

Cost was a little pricey -- but it was a holiday

Accommodations were comfortable. Room was large and clean. Check in went without a flaw and quick. Used valet parking which was fast and efficient.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Housekeeping staff was less than friendly in the morning.

Really liked the newly opened Tower. Rooms are quite nice. Geting adjoining rooms for a larger group was definitely the way to go. The woman at the front desk who checked us out was super friendly and funny. Highly recommend doing checkout online (don't go past the 11:00 AM deadline) to avoid the long line at the front desk in the morning.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Not enough Bartenders on the floor when you’re trying to play the slots you like to have a drink it’s difficult to get one

The breakfast buffet earth hotel rooms are not great but it’s in a great location We went there in the storm they let us check in at 10 AM which was great they gave us a cake for my daughter’s birthday for Free that was awesome unfortunately a lot of the employees didn’t show up because of the storm so a lot of the bars closed and there wasn’t any bartenders on the floor so that was kind of a pain but the Wolf den bar was great keeping people hydrated

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

As i was leaving, the valet car deliver was rude and spoke in a ruff and condescending manner. A tone i would expect more from a low class barroom. This being the last person i encountered, i left the property with a deflated and unhappy feeling.

Most everyone was very friendly, helpful, professional and accommodating.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Last time our room faced the road and we could see beautiful snow covered trees and a lake. This time we faced the back and could only see construction and all of the workings of the place.

Check in process was quick and easy. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. So many restaurants to choose from and shops to browse. Of course, the casino is lots of fun and there are many different slot machines to choose from to play.

• Two Accessible Queen Beds

So many problema in only 1 day I arrived 11pm, tired and they informed me they didn’t have any room available with 2 queen beds as asked so they transferred me to a suite. When I arrived there we discovered 2 people would have to sleep in the couch and 2 in bed. Doesnt matter if it is a suite, I dont pay for 2 queen beds for 2 people sleep in a couch as if we were guests in a friend’s house. After many complains they asked me to wait they would get me another room. We were transferred to a 2 queen bed as booked but the room was with a strong smell of ink, freshly painted and the shower had problema stopping the water and making a lot of noise. If this was not enough for 1 night when leaving the hotel I was loading the car with the luggage and the valet guy threw the key somewhere nobody could find, almost 1 hour lost looking for the car key that shouldn’t have been thrown under the seat I def dont recommend How come there is no room available if I made my reservation 8 months ago?!

Good fact the parking with valet is free

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

the bed and pillows were somewhat uncomfortable; the thermostat was hit or miss. The Bar Americain restaurant leaves something to be desired. Unbeknownest to the guest, they charge an $18 "facilities" fee that is NONREFUNDABLE on checkout without explaining what that is and why it isn't included in the original pricing.

• Accessible Deluxe King Room - Earth Tower

Did not get the room I paid for. Asked for rooms to be adjoining in June when we checked in instead from sky hotel to earth not worth 450$ not at all felt we could not do anything we were having a birthday party!! So sorry we were so disappointed!!! Maybe Everett mass next yr Wynn hotel fell so bad ! Not happy with Mohegan.

• Accessible Deluxe King Room - Earth Tower

Got there a little before checkin and my room wasn’t ready, and they wouldnt put me in a room that was ready. I waited for an hour, long after the 4pm checkin time to get a room and I had to go up to desk and ask again about it, so the nice lady changed my room from a king to 2 doubles, which was fine with me in the first place but the 1st person wouldn’t do that for me. I needed to change my shoes as it had been snowing hard on the way down so sitting there in the lobby waiting for over an hour was not cool all.

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

Soundproofing for the room was not the best. Security measures where not always followed. Cost to amenity ratio did not equal.

The facility is beautiful, staff very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were modern and clean.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

View of the top of construction area. Woke up with banging ,sawing and construction workers yelling at 6:40 am. Very disappointed

Room was nice and food was good

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Charge of $18 for use of gym and newspaper that wasn't mentioned until I arrived. Gym didn't open until 6AM. No shampoo in room. When I mentioned these points in a letter, the person disputed falsely all three points (claiming the fee was mentioned, the gym open 24 hours and I could have asked the cleaning woman for shampoo which is obvious, but I was already in the shower when I noticed) in a curt reply. If I got a nice reply I would not have written this negative review because other than these three points the place was great.

Very nice room. Lots of great places to eat. Arena was great.

• Deluxe King - Earth Tower

Buffet salad bar was limited Needed more topping. Which they served Pepsi.

Big casino complementarity cocktails while playing. Lots of shops for shopping. 35 restaurants. Hard to see it all in one day. Beautiful casino easy to get turned around. There s staff everywhere that will assisted you. Am looking forward to coming back

• Two Deluxe Queen Beds - Earth Tower

The hotel beds were very firm. I did not sleep well :(

Rooms were very clean. Nice to be on casino property. The Wolf Den free entertainment was great!

Browse Mohegan Sun traveller photo gallery