Reviews of Mondrian South Beach 4 stars

#143 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Based on 2017 hotel reviews

Stay Away!
    • Bayview Studio with Balcony

Where do I even begin? Unfortunately, the Mondrian South Beach is easily one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Not a day went by without us experiencing some kind of issue, and it all began with check in on our first day. Our trip to Miami from London was arranged for our friend’s hen/bachelorette months in advance. She had no involvement in planning it, and we were mortified that nothing seemed to go right where the Mondrian was concerned. We arrived at the hotel at 3:15pm. It was clearly stated that check in was from 3pm onwards on our booking confirmation. I had personally booked 3 Bay View Studio Rooms with Two Double Beds and a Balcony sleeping 2ppl in each room, and 1 One Bedroom Suite sleeping 3ppl. Only 1 out of the 4 rooms was ready when we arrived. We were then told one of the Bay View Studio Rooms would not be available until much later and so we were offered what the reception staff referred to as an “upgrade”. We were advised this upgraded room was larger than all the rest, however it would not have balcony access for health and safety reasons as there were works being done on the outside of the building, which we were not informed of prior to our arrival, and that as it was larger it would be more suitable to sleep 3ppl than the One Bedroom Suite. As we had a 6pm reservation for dinner at Los Fuegos we accepted this “upgrade” and took the member of staff’s advice. This room was no upgrade. It was the same size as the other 2 Bay View Studio Rooms, it just had no balcony access and one King Size bed rather than two Doubles. A roll away bed was needed to be sent to the room for the third person, which was not sent until we requested it once again on our return at 4am. It wasn’t until 5:45pm that we finally all managed to get into our rooms.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location and the view. Everything else was just disappointment after disappointment.

Great location, great facilities, would stay again now we know the ropes.

See above

We loved having the balcony overlooking the bay. We found the World Food Market opposite the hotel unfortunately at the end of our stay and with the kitchenette we had it would have saved a lot of money with snacks and wine at the Hotel. Pool staff were amazing. Felt we could have been told a bit more about what the fairly expensive resort charge covered. Buggy transport to the other hotel and free coffee downstairs in the morning wasn’t mentioned. Unfortunately we did not know about building work until we got there but they offered free beach chairs and facilities at sister hotel. It was a beautiful hotel, fab room, fab view and what we used there was perfect. Concierge was really helpful too.

the size of the room is big enough but the bed is so soft .
    • Studio

the staff at the reception ! they seem like arrogant especially the man with black veston .when I told him that I had two bookings at the hotel , he tried to give us hard time cause the second booking I booked with booking.com not directly with the hotel like the first booking

the size of the room is big enough but the bed is so soft .

The location of the hotel was really nice.
    • Studio

The room I booked was supposed to overlook the bay. They gave me a room over looking the bay. That was obstructed by construction on my balcony. I would of never stayed here !

The location of the hotel was really nice. Although, I thought South Beach was much closer.

The staff was super courteous and helpful.
    • Studio

The staff was super courteous and helpful. The food was great!! Everything we asked for including a tooth brush at 1:30am was brought to us. Amazing service

Always stay here in South Beach
    • Studio

Carpet in room was stained badly

Great facilities and amenities Spacious room Amazing pool Good food and drink Great mini bar in room Very friendly staff

Poor, full of rowdy drunks. No chance of getting in or near the pool
    • Studio

Perfect for big groups who are there to party. We arrived after a 15 hour flight to a man fighting then falling over drunk at our feet. Not good if you want to sit by the pool or get a sun lounger as it is so busy with outside guests. No one on reception told us it would be like that to give you the option of planning your day away from the hotel. Rooms were loud all through the night with screaming, shouting and music. The hotel needs to specify to guests it is for party goers. Very deceptive from the description!

The hotel is cool, well designed and well located in a quite area of south beach but overpriced imo.
    • Studio

We had to request a room change after having been allocated with one which was too noisy and where the bed was way too small for two people (despite having requested a king size bed at time of booking). Furthermore, should you need to use the laundry service, please think twice before since we have been charged for almost USD 600 for that!!!

The gym was pretty complete and convenient for an hotel.

Wouldn't stay again, but it was great to see it.

It shocked me a little that people actually lived at the hotel! I didn't realise this wasn't a Morgans Group/SBE hotel anymore, and you could kind of tell from some of the touches. The staff could be a bit over friendly.

I really liked the decor of the rooms, the pool was fun, the facilities seemed up to date and fun. The staff were quite helpful although occasionally there was a small wait for things. You can tell it's not a Morgans group anymore because the front desk outfits etc, are kind of a little bit dowdy, but other than that it was a fun place. My friends loved this hotel over the other two hotels we stayed in during our trip to Miami. Very close to whole foods

The location is wonderful and the bikes worked great... The rest of the stay was average.
    • Studio

Pool Bar Staff, I felt like an inconvenience to them, no smiles, no extra mile. - just average

Your front end staff members & cleaning staff were perfect and helpful...even though we had an issue with ball game tickets from concierge. The Pool Bar staff were average.

The great view to bay and downtown.
    • Bayview Studio with Balcony

The pests in the room. And it is difficult to find main driveway, special when it is first time drive to the hotel. No guide sign along the street. looks no different with the neighbouring Apts.

The great view to bay and downtown. Beautiful poolside.

View was great, food was excellent - one of the best burgers...
    • Bayview Studio with Balcony

Desk staff and housekeeping were aloof and not particularly friendly. (The concierge, porters and bar staff were very friendly however)

View was great, food was excellent - one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten

great pool, sunset view and spacious rooms

My AC was broken

The location of the highway that takes you to the airport was ideal and therefore, it took us only about 10 mins to get there. Also, being off the tourist road was great. I don't like Ocean Drive so I stay at properties off the beaten path on purpose.

Great location and hotel - cool and clean!
    • Studio

The hotel has a real vibe to it. The only thing is that the weekend is party time - so pool beds and having room there is not an option! It is packed, but a very cool crowd and atmosphere. Drinks menu at the pool is limited and could be improved.

Very nice stay and the staff were very helpful. I would like say Miguel was very good to us
    • Studio

The hotel was beautiful and the room was huge. It was about a 20 minute walk to the shopping mall and also the beach. It was located on the river not near the beach

Slightly disappointing
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

Overall we were disappointed with the hotel, the lobby gives the illusion that it is a top end hotel, sadly that is not the case. Room was ok, tiles within the shower area were showing signs of mould in the grout plus there was a clump of blonde hair in the corner of the shower on arrival. Sliding doors from room above are incredibly noisy when in use. Pool area is excellent, except that you need to be down in the morning to get a lounger as we tried at 2pm after visiting south beach and there were none left.

Staff were very helpful, with the concierge helping us modify a restaurant reservation that I was unable to achieve myself

Big property, lots to do, easy to access though a 20 minute walk from the main action of South Beach
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Interior of the rooms is a little dated and it looks like the hotel is due for a proper overhaul. If I knew they renovated, I’d definitely be back! Lighting in the bathroom needs to have options to make it stronger. Lighting inside the rooms was good and I appreciate the dimmers. More control over lighting in the future would be a very positive thing.

The pool is certainly a standout experience if you enjoy a good party atmosphere. The staff are relaxed, casual, yet attentive and on the dime. Service was always pretty quick and I never heard anyone say, “no”. Housekeeping were all really nice and did a great job.

I think this hotel is for a younger crowd who likes a party scene.
    • Studio

Music was too loud by the pool and it was very busy. I felt like I was at a big party. I prefer a quiet pool. Front desk was not pleasant. They put me in the wrong room and when I called down, they said even though I paid for a king, they did not have to honor that. I was put in a king when I assisted. No pillows when asked, concierge was rarely at his desk and he did not follow up on my requests. I think management needs to train staff.

Interiors were beautiful and nicely done. Rooms were large. Bedding was nice. Rooms were cleaned very promptly. Breakfast was good.

Room was huge for the price and the pool area was fantastic .
    • One-Bedroom Suite

About the only thing wrong was the tv Remote didn't always work correctly. We didn't bother to raise as we'd rather be by the pool anyhow!

Room was huge for the price and the pool area was fantastic . Staff quick and friendly

Location: a block from a cafe, car rental, close to...
    • Studio

The concierge could have been responsive. I emailed twice before my stay but didn't receive a reply about helping me book jetskis.

Location: a block from a cafe, car rental, close to Walgreens and whole foods. The area was quiet and I prefer this side of South beach more than the busy ocean drive.

The hotel was beautiful, clean and comfortable.
    • Studio

The hotel was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The location was simply great close to various great restaurants and minutes away from the location where my work conference would be. The view at the pool to the bay is amazing. Most of staff is very friendly and professional, I believe just the front desk staff needs to improve a bit in smiling more and being more welcoming, the guys helping customers at the pool are great and the valet guys very friendly and efficient as well they deserve a bonus.

Fabulous! Would recommend bay view rooms.
    • Studio with Bay View

Pool area is buzzy and sitting on the balcony was noisy. However double glazing on windows is v good and surprisingly as we were at least twice the average age of the pool users, it didn't bother me - not as much as the one night (out of 3) that the pool cleaners were working at around 0300 (middle of the night, anyway) who were talking to each other. We slept with curtains open as the sunset over the bay was fabulous and the lights they used to work were so bright they woke me up as they swung them about doing their job! Felt like an escaped prisoner :-). Also for some reason bellman ordered what I thought was a car for the airport as we were leaving which (a) took 10 mins to come (b) was an ordinary non-air conditioned cab which was not nearly as comfortable as all the Uber cars we had used in Miami. To be fair price was a fixed fee so no more expensive but I would have definitely had an Uber had I realised.

Free drink on arrival. Really excellent massage from Patricia in the spa. Fabulous view over Biscayne Bay. Staff were great, apart from on surly barman. Didn't eat in so can't comment on food. Rooms had easily enough facilities to allow us to buy a little something from Wholefoods supermarket over the road and eat in the room enjoying the sunset. I like the $10 for not having clean linen every day. Husband loved the choice of sports channels and was delighted to be able to see Champions' League soccer and even rugby (US schools' match). I liked the location which is 10-15 mins walk from Collins Ave and the Art Deco of South Beach and easy for downtown Miami but other may prefer to be more in the heart of the beach areas

Not satisfactory
    • Bayview Studio with Balcony

Cleanliness at all: found many roaches running on the floor off the room Poor housekeeping service: hygiene products not replaced when needed (had to ask at reception desk twice)

Great place to visit but sleep elsewhere.
    • Studio

The bed was rock hard. I woke up every hour. Other guests where loud getting in from drinking. The front desk didn’t want to help me it’s ordering a Uber. We broke our phones and couldn’t do ourselves. The guy at the counter said rudely that it was up to the valet and then went to talk to him to influence his m on not doing it. Luckily another valets took pity on us and helped us.

The property was beautiful.

A party hotel, for a party town. Great if that is what you are looking for.
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Let me preface this by saying that we know Miami, South Beach is a party town. My wife and I are both 40, not that old, but felt considerably older than many other guests. Not only was there music blasting as we got out of the taxi, it continued into the lobby, through to the pool area and up to our room, via the balcony door (however quiet when closed). It took a day to get used to. Bathroom was also smaller than expected, given the size of the room.

The room size and views were excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the cleaning service was first rate. The room was quiet, when doors and windows are shut.

Wouldn'r saty there again
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

When I booked my room on booking.com it stated it was a deluxe room with bayfront view and balcony. When we arrived to check in we were told the room was deluxe with king bed and bayfront view however no balcony. When I brought up the image of the reservation on my phone from booking.com which had a picture of the balcony I was told they only had a few rooms that had balconies. They proceeded to say the image on the booking.com website was incorrect.

Pool Staff were friendly and attentive

Superb. Will stay here again in a beat.
    • Studio

The reseved day beds (so many by the pool) with no one on them.

We were upgraded to a suite from a studio and it was sublime. The amenities, service, hotel decor and views and views are fantastic. Particularly enjoyed the day bed by the pool overooking the bay area. One of the most beautiful sunsets over the bay I have ever seen.

Dissapointing
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

The room was not clean at all, terrible actually. Dust everywhere. TV did not work properly - very old Shower did not have hot water upon arrival Ripped bathrobe was given upon arrival The air conditioning made a terrible noise and could not be controlled however we wanted it.

The breakfast buffet, the pool and the service

The best Miami Hotel by far for comfort, location and excellent staff.
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

We were a party of 7 travelling from Ireland and stayed one night only as our flight was cancelled the previous day. What a pity we could not have stayed the two nights as planned as this hotel is the best I have ever stayed at in Miami. The location is perfect, the staff wonderful and helpful, pool fantastic, suites beyond expectations. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking the perfect Miami experience.

poooooor

see above

property going downhill since our last stay,,no one seem to care ,,phones not answered at front desk,,operator not found,,room service nowhere to be found

The pool is great with a great vibe
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

Rooms are not very clean, they weren’t filthy. Had to call and ask for Toilet paper because there was only half a roll in the bathroom. They never came even 1 time to clean the room. Add at least $200.00 just for parking and ridiculous fees they charge you. Robbery in broad day light.

The pool is great with a great vibe

Not coming back to Mondrian Hotel
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Hotel is very noisy, a lot of young people playing loud music at their rooms for 24h. Not enough chairs and umbrelas at the pool. On weekends parties at the pool for outside people as well what make finding the spear place at the pool imposible. Terrible quality of food (breakfast and pool menu).

The view was the only thing I really liked

Bad place for a family, probably ok if you're traveling in a party group.
    • Bayview One Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The room is dated and falling apart. Very noisy. Party hotel. Staff were ok and friendly, but the rooms have a kitchen, yet they charge you $40 to empty the fridge for mini-bar items if you want to put your own things, and you have to call for things like a plate and a fork.

The view is amazing and the pool is nice and heated.

Met expectations and would go and stay there again
    • Studio

Finish of the room, looked a bit tired

Had a suite - don’t believe in room and towels being replaced every day unnecessarily so the option to get credit for less frequent cleaning of room was good

My stay was amazing. For the most part. I felt very comfy. It was close to everything.
    • Studio

I didn’t like the food I felt like it could of been way better for the price. I order breakfast . They gave me one pancake two sausage with a over pulp orange .. for 45. That was two much and it was not good.

The resort it self was beautiful. The bed was comfy amazing bathroom shower water kept a nice hot temp.

Great location hotel that is starting to show its age.
    • Studio

The rooms are almost 10 years sold now and they are starting to show wear and tear. The shower heads need to be replaced and the shower tiles cleaned throroughly.

The hotel is the best situated in SoBe.

• One Bedroom Double Double Suite with Balcony

It’s a party hotel - no amount of cleaning products will get the post party feel out of the room... it was very expensive for the cleanliness standard that we saw.. we were woken up in the middle of the night by a false alarm telling us to exit via staircase because of fire in the hotel.. it was very scary.. and very unnecessary...

It’s good location, party hotel with great views of the bay...

Amazing hotel. Not so much value for money. But considering the location and the pool everything 👍🏻
    • Studio

The check in process. There wasn’t a bell boy present so had to carry all my luggage by myself. Not what you would expect of a 4* hotel

Location is amazing. The pool is awesome.

Young, party atmosphere
    • Studio

Party atmosphere when we visited due to many spring breakers. As a result we had no sleep for 3 nights before our wedding! Eye bags all round! Staff did help by upgrading our room to a supposedly quieter room however a party in the pool meant we were kept awake until 3am until I complained. To be fair they did send someone down straight away to put an end to it. Reception attitude ranged from 'well this is Miami, it's noisy' to 'it's Miami, but people still need to sleep, we have a zero tolerance to noise'. So conflicting responses there! Hotel decor has an overlayer of luxe but overall no class. Book if you like to pose by the pool and party, don't book if you want to sleep : ) Can't fault staff though who did everything they could to make things better for us. I guess our party days are just over!!

Rooms very clean, bed comfy. Stunning views from the balcony. Helpful staff.

Loved the pool area and the quirkiness of the hotel.
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

The service tax that was added to all bills and the price of drinks at the bar by the pool. Also, we stayed in a room with a balcony though the view was not of the bay side, therefore the balcony went unused. There was also a lot of construction going on next door when we stayed which could be quite noisy. There was mould in the room and bathrooms as well.

Loved the pool area and the quirkiness of the hotel. Food and drinks were good.

Perfect!

Nothing !

The room exceeded my expectations and so did the rest of the hotel / pool area! I would recommend this hotel to everyone ! We even arrived 4 hours early to the hotel and since there was no room ready , they asked for our number to text us as soon as they could get us in! Not even an hour later we had our bags being brought to our room and we could enjoy a mid day nap before venturing off to the city before arriving back to watch the sunset by the pool !

Overall good, but rather noisy!
    • Bayview One Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Music from the pool area too loud and on for too long at weekends, very limited food selection, no proper restaurant. High resort fees even if you don’t use facilities

Good location, good staff excellent suite with bay view.

It was a perfect place to stay for a fun weekend in Miami, and we will be back!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The beds were a little small and not very comfortable.

We loved the ambiance of the hotel, and the staff was exceptional. We also really loved all of the amenities, plus free champagne and a drink voucher for happy hour when you check in. And the pool area was beautiful and very lively!

The DJ and the music at the pool was terrible.
    • Studio

The DJ and the music at the pool was terrible. The music was so old school and noisy. Perhaps they some lounge Ibiza style in the future. It was a relief to leave and get to a pool where you did not get headaches from the loud bad music.

Good pool and great location
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

we made a reservation to room with balcony and we asked, two months before the arrive, room with bay view. The hotel completely ignored our request and we get city view located in constructions area.

Good pool and great location

the assistant at the reception very very nice guy
    • Studio

room impossible to sleep in the morning its very bright will be very helpful if they cover with a good blackout me and my husband woke up at 6 en the morning try to get back to sleep but was impossible believe me was extremely bright

the breakfast its expensive not impressed

Nice hotel Great lively pool area with sunset and city skyline views
    • Bayview One Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Was fun lively young crowd so you should be up to joining in or accept the loud music by pool in day time Not for quite time

Nice west sunset exposure Adds sunlight to your afternoon as opposed to beachfront properties

Hotel has gone down hill. College dorm. Staff childish and rude. Cleanliness poor. Look elsewhere.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

have been staying here for years but it has recently gone downhill tremendously. The hotel represents a college dorm room. Noise until the early hours. When reported the staff member said “not a thing I can do”. Cleanliness poor. Room Service trays outside in hall for 72 hours.

Location, view, size of rooms.

Amazing!!
    • Studio

Really nice staff they care about you are having a good time. Location is amazing 10 minutes walking from south beach is like a 10 dollar uber from the airport. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are so big!

Liked the size of the rooms, the staff was very friendly and...
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

The room that we initial booked had a leak in it, as a result we had to be relocated to a different room for one night. The safe in that room was not working either, it took a while for security to come and fix it. The next day we were moved to the room we initially booked but it was just a tedious process, so much wasted time switching rooms and calling the front desk for things.

Liked the size of the rooms, the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

an alternative for Naples
    • Bayview Studio with Balcony

the ad indicates rooms with 2 queen size beds while the hotel does not have one. The bedding is not at the top either especially the sofa bed for 2 people. the excessive price of the night considering the room.

The rooms are spacious but the furniture is dated. The restaurant bar is very nice and overlooks the pool.

ok stay won’t stay there again
    • One-Bedroom Suite

they gave me a room with construction paper on the windows, I told the receptionist and she says the paper on the window is ‘normal’. Room changed... Pool is a mad house. I have asked to check out taker even paying they said it was not possible, and the curtesy room was $ 20 after I stayed 4 night with a bill of $ 1,400...

Mondrian South Beach does not keep paid reservations.
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Mondrian South Beach does not keep reservations despite pre-payment. After 27+ hours of travel, my room was given away and I was then shuffled from one room to another on my only day off to recover from jetlag leaving me a frazzled mess during the business market I was attending. No one of effective authority was on the premises when I arrived, and the hotel's only act of contrition was to refund the difference in room prices and to not charge me the extra add-on "city charges".

broken service levator, broken TV.
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

broken service levator, broken TV...No sound, Broken shower diverter. Not worth the crazy cost for one night. very dissapointed int he brand and response. Will not recommend to anyone

Paid a lot of money for relaxation and comfort and didn’t achieve it
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The tv and Air-conditioning were working and had to call front desk twice. Plus they were doing construction so every morning we were awakened by workers abruptly

The hotel was beautiful, and so was our room

Staff were attentive and very friendly!
    • Studio

Staff were attentive and very friendly! Location was right in between downtown and south beach, far enough from the major tourist crowds. Beautiful property over looking the bay.

Good for just spending the nights or staying at the pool
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Unfortunately service falls a bit short on what it pretends to be. This is a 4 star hotel, and a very decent one at that, but in no way it comes close to being a 5 star, nor to be worth its price tag. Everything is very expensive, I got the room at a discount, a very convenient one, had it not been the case I would have been very upset about my stay. The property decor is quite bad, aims to be "cool", just comes off as cheap, unattractive and cold. The air conditioning is so cold you risk a pneumonia everytime you are indoor. The rooms are quite spacious but just in an "empty" kind of way. You miss that "welcoming" hotel feel in most ways. Service at the pool is not very attentive, you have to beg for attention from waiters and nobody asks you wether you need a chair when you walk down, even if not busy. The gym is absolutely not as it looks like, it's small, with absolutely no useful equipment for people that actually train seriously, I'm prepared to not finding a squat rack, but not even a bench with a barbell to bench press? Dumbbells are too light to substitute. In a few words it's not a "bad" hotel but if you get a rate anywhere near the full price be very aware that it ain't worth it.

Mondrian South Beach is a very hip hotel, the pool is great and the views on the bay are to die for. the bed is comfortable and minibar choice is quite varied. The food at the restaurant is quite tasty even though a bit overpriced (like almost everything in miami).

A disappointment for a Mondrian.
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

The suite wasn’t ready at 3pm. Or at 4pm. They gave us the day’s resort fee back at 3pm and $50 at 4pm. When we got in it was next to a very noisy service elevator that kept us up very late and woke us up very early. They moved us and refunded half the rate. But clearly knew about the noise issues and use the room anyway. There are also building works going on either side of the Mondrian which means the balconies and both sides of the pool and cabanas are really horribly noisy. The only bit that isn’t is the centre of the pool area which is shielded by the building from the noise. They also sell the suites as suitable for up to three adults and one child, but there isn’t a sofa bed. You have to get rollaway beds - and they charge extra for them.

The lobby, the pool, the location are all good. The pool restaurant food is good. The bellmen are great.

Amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

All the little touches made a difference. As I was on a work trip I was Di I g alone on Valentine's Day ..they brought me a Rose it was really appreciated!

Great pool and staff service.
    • Studio

As mentioned in a lot of other reviews, the hotel rooms (especially the bathroom) need a substantial upgrade. The room was very large, also equipped with a kitchen, but the bathroom was very old for a room at this price range. Also while the cleaning staff made up our room (new towels, bed made, etc.), they didn't refill our bathroom amenities and we had to call to get new shampoo and conditioner.

Great pool and staff service. We also got a free bottle of champagne when we checked in. Loved this thoughtful touch for our stay.

The pool is huge and fantastic, great atmosphere.
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

The pool is huge and fantastic, great atmosphere. It's not a crazy party atmosphere but there is good music playing and it's easy enough to relax.

Great location & view.
    • One bedroom suite with balcony

The customer service & cleanliness of the rooms has definitely decreased over the past couple of years under the new ownership.

Great location & view. Love the coffee & exercise classes!

Delighted and happy to return!
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Kitchen was missing the coffee maker.

Staff are incredibly helpful, welcoming, polite. The branding scent that is used here is phenomenal. I wish it was for sale I would have absolutely purchased it. The free bike was fun to ride to beach.

Not impressed-poor experience
    • Studio with Bay View

Staff not very attentive and sometimes not helpful. Hotel looks tired and needs refurb. Lifts were not working and toilet in the room leaking ( nobody seems to be willing to fix it). Fire alarm kept on going off in the morning.

Bay view location is very good. Great location to watch sunset. Pool area ok but good be improved.

The rooms are huge & love the pool area & brunch is...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom design & shower water floods floor due to poor design & if property is rated 4 stars then at least for suites to include a bathtub. Property is under construction & should be as it is exactly the same when last visited 10 years ago - the Lobby could use a little redesign to offer more room & seating when crowded. Also did not like nor understood & disputed my credit card being charged $36/night for guests complimentary yoga morning classes, anytime gym access & one time 2 complimentary alcoholic beverages during happy hour M-F 5-7 pm which we did not use so how is that complimentary & the Front Desk should not have charged my card if stating these services are complimentary.

The rooms are huge & love the pool area & brunch is definitely plentiful delicious & bang for your buck!

We had a suite, which was very spacious and we loved the...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was disappointing for the price. The better choice is to eat somewhere on the beach. Also we weren't told the hotel was under a bit of renovation and there was a transparent blue protective covering on the windows which took away from the view.

We had a suite, which was very spacious and we loved the pool. They even have a small pool and sandbox for the little ones in our family!

Great location and views
    • Bayview One Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The bedroom decor is quirky - minimalist kitsch but I got used to it over the week I was there. Its dated though and needs improvement. The room had a kitchen but with utensils etc on request. I had three attempts/deliveries to get very basic equipment sent up and even then it was a minimal provision. On some afternoons and evenings the music from the pool area was nightclub loud with techno and house music. It could be heard in all the west facing rooms. Amazingly, there was a battery of speakers actually facing the hotel which cause the problem rather than relying on just the ones facing away over the bay.

Great location in a modern hotel with great views over Biscayne Bay. The sun covered the pool area in the afternoons and the sunsets were sometimes awesome. I had a two bed roomed suite which was an upgrade from a 1 bedroom suite I had booked. The room size was exceptionally large with a decent balcony.

Good atmosphere

Hotel little updated. Needs renovation

I stayed at Mondrian before and decided go back because of atmosphere and ambiance . However hotel needs some renovation . Old style tv inside room . I booked a deluxe studio with view ... the picture showed it had balcony instead only a window. The reception told me : first come , first get the one w balcony

Enjoyable and great location - however lacking room and furniture quality to match.
    • Studio

The cleanliness and condition of the room - the showers were average and the beds / mattress terrible iro comfort.

The location and views over the Bay. The pool and terrace area.

• One Bedroom Double Double Suite with Balcony

The hotel was under construction and our room was covered in builders tape with the balcony basically unusable. After heavily complaining they moved us to a room without a balcony which was ok but they didn't clean it during our stay - they made the beds but didnt clean anything. We also ate at the pool bar and the food took over an hour to come and when it arrived it was cold. For the price paid and stars the venue got I thought that this would be an outstanding hotel but it wasnt worth the money To the staffs credit they did move us and gave us some drinks vouchers to apologise

Amazing if it wasn't for th the breach of privacy from staff.
    • Bayview One Bedroom Suite with Balcony

Someone in the hotel staff was in our room and went through our belongings and luggage while we were out of our room during the day. Dont believe it was housekeeping because the room wasnt cleaned when we got back that night but someone had gone through our things. Other than that mishap everything was great from the room to the views and the staff.

Not great; won't be back.

My colleague's room was booked out from under him. The decor is tired and trashy. I don't like finding someone else's hair in the sink in my room. I don't like being awakened several times during the night by loud guests; no sound insulation in the rooms.

The bed was comfortable. The food and service at the cafe -- very good.

The pool area is spectacular and very comfortable, with...
    • Studio

The corridors are very dark and the rooms are an awkard layout (in the studio). The bed is a standard double, so very small and not that comfortable. The bathroom is clean but too dark as well. There was a creepy face painted on our wall, staring at the bed. The free bike hire is impractical is not a benefit, as the bikes are not well kept and you have to return them after 2h, which is impractical for such a big place. The bar in the lobby has a basic beer selection, with only stock-standard lagers.

The pool area is spectacular and very comfortable, with stunning sunsets over Downtown. The staff are friendly, immaculate and always willing to help. If you like walking, it's great and takes about 15 minutes to get to Lincoln rd. There's a Wholefoods Supermarket around the corner, which is an amazing healthy and reasonably priced food option - they serve meals there too.

Beautiful view, okay accommodations and a fun visit to Miami.
    • Deluxe Bay View Studio

Getting food was a hassle, construction was a bummer, property is a bit dated overall

The location was good for exploring the South Pointe area. The pool was fine (though small) and had a nice view of the bay.

Grand looking hotel, average rooms, great pool area.
    • Studio

only 1 towel for a 2 person booking. no kitchen utensils in room, when we asked for a pan took over an hour. Also having no cups or glasses or any way to boil water was frustrating. you would expect that for the price.

pool area was great everyone working around the pool were great too.

Browse Mondrian South Beach traveller photo gallery