Reviews of Quality Inn & Suites Montebello 3 stars

7709 Telegraph Road, Montebello, CA 90640, USA

#2 of 4 hotels in Montebello

Overall managed to make it work
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had called ahead to get information on having a room that connect was informed did not offer. when we arrived our room did have connection to another room which should have been offered. Front desk was rude , but was able to asssit us in getting accomidation for our children.

breakfast was good,

The restaurant bar area, breakfast was delicious

The quality of linen and curtains, somethings looked like they needed to be replaced in the room. Non smoking room smelled like smoke and had cigarette burns on curtains

The restaurant bar area, breakfast was delicious

I loved the cleaning staff as well as the staff during...

I really expected more in the pillows. The pillows here were small and very awkward to handle.

I loved the cleaning staff as well as the staff during breakfast, both were efficient in their work and very friendly. My room was always clean and if I ever needed some extra towels they delivered right away, I really enjoyed my stay.

Nice stay

Some features are getting a little old

My usual hotel when I go to LA ! The staff is always helpful The breakfast is simple but good The WiFi The highway right by to go everywhere around LA

The pool area was very nice and heated to a pleasant...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was dirty under the bed skirt, sticker on the wall. Basically they need to have better hygienic standards. These were not met at all. Our Cable broke and wasnt able to be repaired, when they finally moved us 2 hours later, they gave us a room that had roof access, no screen on the window, lots trash right outside the window, and the room was even dirtier that the first. We went back to front desk to ask for a clean room and we wanted it checked before we entered. We have been working with the Manager Angela to remedy all the issues with our stay but they have yet to. bottom lin is this hotel should not be part of the choice hotel family. There is a standard of cleanliness expected when stay at any hotel and this hotel is completely lacking.

The pool area was very nice and heated to a pleasant temperature. The bartender in the bar was very friendly and made the problems that we were having with the hotel a little less stressful

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms needs to be upgraded a/c as well front desk have to pay more attention to the customer not to their personal phone

Breakfast was ok and the price was reasonable for the hotel

Sub par, management does not remedy issues in a timely manner or appropriately.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff did not clean rooms very well, there was men’s shaving razor, toilet paper and muffin wrapper under the bed skirt. Palm prints on the head board ( obviously not from the staff ) The television broke and we ended up having to switch rooms, three hours after we reported the issue for the second time. The room they put us in was twice as filthy as the first room that opened up to the roof which had no screen on the window and there was nothing but trash on the roof the bedskirts were stained and there was again food a debris under the bedskirts the maids obviously didn’t lift the bedskirts to clean under the bed area It took them three hours to switch us rooms onto the first floor into a decent room they advertise a billiards room however there was no billiards room. From our first day we’ve been trying to work with the management on accommodating what went wrong with the hotel however they have neglected to remedy or compinsate any issues that happened. This particular hotel should not be on the choice hotels list we enjoy choice hotels however this one was very subpar the management does not take care of accommodations or issues. We will be taking this issue to corporate since the management at Montebello quality inn and suites has not been able to remedy the situation and it is been over three weeks since we stay there

Pool and pill area was very pleasant

Room was clean, requested a quiet room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV remote was not working. I had three channels to view. Cable was not connected. Called front desk for service tech, he checked the remote. Did not bother to check the cable. The restaurant in the hotel was closed. (Sunday) not aware of this. Had to call the front desk for toilet paper. The breakfast in the morning was cold. No sterno in the chafing dishes.

Room was clean, requested a quiet room.

Rough but liveable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was messy with stains and spots all over the walls and it was clear that bed bugs were once in the room and either still there or they just put the contaminated sheets back on the bed anyway after they were removed.

The staff was nice and helpful and the area was good.

3.0
    Unclean, especially north parking lot- very dirty.

Unclean, especially north parking lot- very dirty. Girl who checked us in was writing on her hand as she took phone reservation, credit card info, asked Phone client to repeat card info., then wrote CC INFO.on paper. Girl’s name possibly Miranda. We checked in at about 6:20pm Thursday 5th. Also CC payment not computerized, still run card thru hand.device that imprints card info.

It stinks the carpets I barely stand it!😷
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The location. I didn't like the smell it was clean but it smell the carpet like there is mold. They should replace them probably flooring will be a better choice. I ask for a room with doble queen bed I got a doble full bed my kids are big they barely fit.

The breakfast was ok not the greatest but it was ok. The gym is very small and stinks. I ask for 3 extra pillows I got 2 I guess is not that bad. 🙃

Horrible. Checked out early.

Everything else was horrible. Shower bad pressure/ half would come out from bottom and fill up the tub while your showering Horrible parking situation Stains on everything Outdated and dirty Loud and Noisey

Staff were nice.

Generally, we are happy with our stay in the hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator jerky movement is very disturbing. The breakfast that was served is the same for the 3 days we've stayed in the hotel.

The staff, particularly at the reception, are courteous and helpful.

Getaway

Not much around the area and I didn't feel safe. Someone guy kept knocking at my door didn't know who it was, called front desk to have security guard make rounds on my floor, he didn't even inform me that everything was fine. Had to put chair at door to secure it. As a single woman traveling I at least want to feel safe in my room.

Clean

Probably will not stay there again unless the security deposit issues are rectified.

The elevators had graffiti scratched into them, Some of those staying were quite loud and I didn't like the security deposit that still hasn't been returned to me. I have never been charged that before. If I hadn't arrived when I did and wouldn't have to forfeit a night's charges, I would have left. I will be working mid-week in the area and wanted a place I could depend on week after week. Convenient to nearby roadways and the I-5 freeway but traffic was always difficult.

The room was clean and tidy and cleaned and straightened nicely after my first night, Hair dryer and toiletries were good, towels clean as was the tub. BUT the requirement of a cleaning/security deposit, especially with the slow return of it (nothing returned yet and I stayed there 4 days ago.) were disappointing. No noise from the close I-5 freeway or the large streets adjacent to the hotel. Check in and out went quickly but I was the only one checking in or out at those times.

Great stay for a great price.

Checking in was very smooth and easy. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The drive around the neighborhood was quite nice, we were able to try a couple restaurants.

I said I was paying cash and they still charged my card for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I said I was paying cash and they still charged my card for the first night and charged a $150 deposit on the room I was told on the phone none of this was going to happen and it did

Not okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness was subpar. The property’s photo was not represented accurately on the booking.com website. So much so that both nights I stayed I avidly looked for another hotel room but could not find any availability near by. A $150 deposit was requested at check in which I was unaware and unprepared for. The room’s bathroom was a huge turn off, the hallways and room door were worn and dirty and just overall extremely unappealing. The staff was extremely friendly but I was dissatisfied to the point of wanting a full refund but was not able to secure one. I’ve had positive experiences booking with booking.com but my trust has been shaken and I’m just not sure I can trust the reviews or photos featured on the website.

It was pleasant. Staff was very good except for the female clerk who checked me in on Friday 9 sept.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was unaware that $150 deposit was required! Desk clerk was very rude about it, she snapped back at me that it was on the website and that it's your policy! I didn't book through your website I booked through Booking.com and it was not disclosed through them!

Great breakfast included.

staff was friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

facility did not smell clean, the rooms were hot, even with A/C running. Although I could not see any bugs, my son woke up with bites on him both night's we stayed.

staff was friendly

Bad serevive, I ordered the high floor room, but they give...

Bad serevive, I ordered the high floor room, but they give me the first floor room. I booked it online and have the comfirm number, but they said did not find out.

Stay Somewhere Else...Worst Hotel Ever!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel as a whole was horrible. The breakfast was the same daily and the breakfast area was always a mess. The beds were hard as a rock and we couldn't get one of the main lights in the room to turn on and we asked several times to have it fixed and they never did. The staff was rude and very unhelpful regarding anything at the hotel. We had to ask for new towels daily and over our 5 day stay NEVER received fresh towels. Our room wasn't ready upon arrival and the desk manager asked us to leave the hotel and come back in several hours when we arrived at check in time. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and honestly feel they should have paid me to staying there. Worst hotel experience ever and we travel numerous times a year!

NOTHING!!!!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

I would look somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well the first room I was in was really horrible it smelled really bad and there was mold on the walls. I called the staff to see if they could switch us to another room but they suggested that they will have someone to take a look at it first. When is staff members came up with a can of air freshener but I told him I would rather have another room and they did give me another room. The second room was better but it kind of just killed the stay

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

nice clean, attentive staff, nice bar, nice breakfast, and really enjoyed our stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

parking not enough had to park on the street and had to carry all my stuff into the hotel with a baby its difficult to carry everything and no parking close to the hotel

this is the second time my family and I stay at the quality inn in montebello and we loved it... the only downfall was the parking it was sooooo difficult to find parking this time and we had to park on the street and with a baby it was very difficult that was my only thing that upset me a bit not enough parking space

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the facility and room, especially for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The overall cleanliness of the hotel and room were extremely bad. There were stains on the pillows and bed sheets. The floor in the bath room was dirty and spotted and hair all over. The vents to the A/C units needs to be cleaned. Dust was and dirt was blowing out when the A/C was on.

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Comfortable room, thin walls and mediocre access.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Walls are VERY thin. I could hear neighboring cell phone vibrate on silent and other guests were incredibly noisy in the early morning hours which was not resolved when I called the front desk. Parking lot is not well lit in the back, which is a safety issue when it's dark since the only access to the hotel is through the front doors after 11pm.

Check in was easy but took longer than expected.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

great value at hotels rate... very clean helpful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If I had booked straight from the hotel I would have saved $25.00 This website was charging too much compared to the hotel rate..It is not the greatest neighborhood..

The staff was really helpful.printed maps to places I needed to go to. Amber was very friendly and informative. Everything she helped us with made are trip that much easier. The beds were great plush and clean crisp sheets. The hallway was a little stuffy...but hey I wasn't sleeping in the hallway! The best rate I found was at the hotel itself...was less $25.00 off any other website I found.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Old & dingy

Just about everything.

A non smoking hotel yet the halls reaked of cigarette smoking. It was an over all dingy hotel. I was checking it out for a group to stay next week for a Funeral event but told the group to find another place. The only parking for my car was at the very back of the hotel because some kind of party going on which took all the parking until about 9:30 PM and I didn't intend to stay awake that long to move my car to a better, secure spot.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The desk clerks were helpful regarding my complaint.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The plumbing is very outdated. I burned myself because there is no anti- scalding device on the shower.

The desk clerks were helpful regarding my complaint.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

nice stay nice staff and visit the bar too bad it closes too early
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the curtains are torn and re sown, the wall paper is worn out and the toilets were stained

the staff was great the bartender anna was wonderful and enjoyed coming back from my outings to a clean room and my stuff still where i left it!!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Unfriendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was surly and Curt. No smiles. The hotel was shabby once you step out of your rooms. The breakfast was bare.

The staff at this hotel .. especially at the front desk was not friendly. When we arrived, the rooms were not ready despite the fact that we were there after their designated check in time. We were just curtly told to wait until the rooms would be ready without any apology or even a smile.

too expensive for a run down room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Double beds were very small. Shower curtain was old and ripped. Didn't stay put, made a mess all over the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Just the price of the hotel was too much for my budget

Eveeythong about the hotel was amazing

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

the staff is great and helpful and everything is clean, the...

so far so good

the staff is great and helpful and everything is clean, the rooms exelent

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The walls in the bathroom need repair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls in the bathroom need repair.

Okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms need to be updated a bit

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was small and super hot!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Pleasant

No proper storage room

Room was quite clean.

Cockroach in the room.

Room was quite clean. Breakfast was adequate.

Clean rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fan in the bathroom wasn't working... Not enough parking space.

Clean rooms

There was people drinking beer on the pool.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was people drinking beer on the pool..

Everything is so far so good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hope the bed size can be change queen better

The area was quite . The room was clean and had refrigerator and microwave.i liked it.

Price

Price

Great.

Bathroom small

Great spacious rooms.

Beds were comfy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Tv reception was bad and you could bring the coffee from the restaurant to your room

Beds were comfy

It have breakfast

Same breakfast everyday

It have breakfast

The breakfast are really good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All parking are occupied at night

The breakfast are really good

Not expensive but cold water

No Hot water!

The hot breakfast was fine. Friendly staff

Need to clean more
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Becouse need to clean more

The room was clean.

No IPhone charger

Very old carpet, mold smell,

Very old carpet, mold smell,

breakfast good, near the outlets

breakfast good, near the outlets

It was marginal stay at this place would not book again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were full twin beds , the overall hotel was older and in a tough spot

They had a free breakfast

Cost

Strong odor in bathroom then realize it’s their cleaning products that smell..

Cost

Poor

The bar

The bar

It was comfortable enough for us to stay as we had spend most of the time visiting LA city

The breakfast ...

My son loves the pool ...

Bed was comfy. Staff was friendly enough, and the rate was fair.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms and hallways look dingy and I’m pretty sure people live there

I like that they served complimentary breakfast

Not lickley to stay here again

Pretty much everything

That there was an ice machine on our floor

Not what I expected for what I paid for
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charge a deposit immediately once you check in, and they take several days to return your deposit. They are in needed a lot of remodeling.

Inaccurate photos of the property, super dirty, extremely...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Inaccurate photos of the property, super dirty, extremely noisy and breakfast was awful.

No hot water
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No hot water I called front seat many times but no hot water

Free breakfast

Ok for the price but didn’t 👍 the activity outside the hotel

The location was awful

The price.

Great stay! Even though it’s a little old but definitely very clean and worth staying!

Very pleasant stay! Very comfortable bed

Bad service

Went down stairs for breakfast. Went back to room and all my personals were gone. Asked the room service they had throw my stuff out

We found a roach our last day

No oatmeal

Quiet

Extra bed provided.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Highway beside, very noisy during night.

Extra bed provided.

Awesome!

None.

Spacious room. More than I expected. Awesome refrigerator and microwave for those leftovers!

Every thing

Every thing

Ok for a short stay at the right price

Limited parking available Older hotel Air con was so-so

Lots of pillows Clean bedding Plenty of towels

Happy

Happy

Facilities not up to date, checkin was easy & 24hrs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Facilities not up to date, checkin was easy & 24hrs.