Reviews of Monticello Inn- Framingham/ Boston 2 stars

5.7

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Avoid at all cost
    • Standard King Room

I travel extensively and have never left a negative revue but this place needs to be called out. Upon arrival I was placed in a room next to obvious long term tenants who had a number of transients coming and going at all hours and sat out front of MY room smoking tobacco and weed 24/7. I tried to ignore it but after two days I went and asked to be moved. I was told because I booked through booking.com there was nothing they could do and I would have to contact them. I was unable to find a phone number for booking.com so emailed their Custamer support. Thankfully I was only at the hotel in the eve as I was visiting my daughter at university. 4 days went by before they contacted me via email with an obvious generic email asking me to take pictures of my complaint. What??? I emailed back again and after two more days finally received a phone call telling me that they had reached out to the Monticello and got no response. They finally called them and Monticello denied I had complained about anything. I did on two separate occasions one ending in a shouting by match with a very unprofessional desk clerk. So for 6 days I had to put up with a revolving door crackhouse right next door. The door on my room literally had to be kicked closed in order to lock properly. The wifi did not work the entire 10 days I was there. The heat did not work and the housekeeping skipped my room 3 times during my stay. When I went back after phone call with Booking.com and talked to front desk I finally got another room away from the smokers but that was the only improvement. This place hasn’t had new carpets since the 70s and I don’t think they even own a vacuum cleaner. Doors have been broken in to so many times they barely shut. If my wife was with me we would have taken the loss to our credit card and moved period. My honest advise. Stay away.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The TV was good and the location is good in terms of access...
    • Standard King Room

The facilities was in bad repair, room had a strong cigarette smell, years of smoking violations in a non smoking room. Questionable parking lot, many DUI parkers who could not park straight, scared for my car getting hit and run.

The TV was good and the location is good in terms of access to shops and expressways to Boston.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Comfy room, very spacious.
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom fixtures could use updating- broken shades that didn’t cover the windows, Sheetrock broken by towel rack.

Good beds, huge rooms, good lobby and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Quite place.

Put new blinds at the bathroom windows it's not private. Clean the carpets Change the TV stand. Or redo them over Beds were small for doubles. Lamps need better cleaning. Did not like the garbage can outside the doorways.

Did not do breakfast Bed was comfortable, place was clean but very much dated. Bathroom blinds broken. Carpet could do with regular wash. Lobby need more room and breakfast area way too small. But the place was quite and the outside have a lot of lights which I find was a very good thing.

Room was very nice but bed was a bit lumpy other than that I like the hotel
    • Standard King Room

Management was very rude and hang up on me twice also the TV had bad reception

Like the size the bed in the room was very comfortable only issue is the shower was kind of small but it worked

Worse motel I have ever had the displeasure to stay at in my life!!!!! DO NOT BOOK THIS MOTEL!
    • Standard King Room

This was the WORSE motel I have ever stayed at! Bathroom was absolutely FILTHY, DISGUSTING, and in MAJOR need of renovations. Room smelled SICKENING! Extremely loud parties going on In parking lot! Not a safe environment!

The ONLY perk to this motel was the friendly staff. Everything else, literally was HORRENDOUS and HORRIBLE!

Stayed cause everything was booked or over 200 booo

TV didn't work when I called office she said cause of clouds?? Whatever theirs wrked and the microwave and coffee maker we had to rig to work the night staff rude the morning staff was engrossed in his computer

The location was good, it is close to Boston where most of...
    • Standard King Room

Everything seemed to be dark and dirty (but in fact it was not)...for example our bed sheet had a lot of dirty stains but in closer examination it was washed....so maybe they should buy new ones...

The location was good, it is close to Boston where most of hotels were very expansive. I would not stay more then one night.

Our stay was a nightmare
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom floor was dirty & full of hair. The rooms needed repairs & painting. There were rooms available, but we were put right by the dumpster & each morning at 7 am so much noise woke us up.

We could chain the motorcycle trailer to the post to keep it safe when we went sightseeing on the motorcycle.

Dreadful
    • Standard King Room

We booked 2 rooms. Both rooms were dirty. My friend's room had yellow stains on the sheets. She asked them to be changed. It took the staff several attempts to find clean ones. During the night she received nuisance calls to her room phone. After several calls she had to swear at the caller afterwhich the calls stopped. We assumed this happened because she had complained about the sheets. Also her shower was luke warm. The cardboard sleeve that the room cards come in, has a notice advising to deadbolt the door, not to open the door until verifying who is at the door and to report any suspicious people or behaviour. So we went to bed nervous about the area we were staying in. I went on line and discovered really bad reviews about the motel and that in 2016 the police were called to the motel as someone had died and another injured at a party there. In the morning we complained to the manager about the dirty rooms and the nusiance calls and after some discussion, they gave her $20 off the bill.

The shower was hot

Terrible beyond words my girl friend is a diabetic and is allergic to mold

Everything about that hotel I stayed in a lot of hotels this was by far the worst I have ever been too I couldn't even get a refund had to stay a night because we got there late

Nothing the hotel was really bad I woke up feeling itchy the internet was no good was lied to about things and overcharged for one night the receptionist was super rude even decided to argue with me over nothing had mold in the bathroom and random things were broke sheets stained holes from cigarette in them and they told me it was non smoking I didn't mind if it was but they told me no and on top of that the smell of weed was everywhere

Size of the room.
    • Standard King Room

The cleanliness is below average, especially the bathroom. Wish it has better security and more parking spots.

Size of the room. The fact it has microwave.

Old place, clean and welcoming.
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom is extremely old. The screen on the window needs repair. The minimal breakfast can easily improved.

After reading all the bad reviews, I did not have a lot of expectations. I found the hotel as an average +. The room was fine. Bathroom is very old - I would say more than 100 years old. Everything is working. Hot water, TV, WiFi, bad is comfortable. Did not found all the bad points were mentioned at the reviews I red. Minimal breakfast. The stuff was very friendly and willing to help.

Okay place to crash if you don't smoke.
    • Standard King Room

The biggest complaint is that we booked a smoking room but the city pass a discriminating ordinance banning smoking in motels a few months eariler but the motel hadn't updated their information on online sites. We would have never booked there if we had known.

Far enough from the street so it nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Never again

No breakfast at 7am. The non smoking room smelled nothing but an ashtray. And the picture on the website is Not what we entered into also the toilet leaking water when you flushed it.

The location was good

The rooms need a definite remodeling. Towel rack had been broken off the wall,the room smelled when we first walked in, the bathtub wall was cracked.

The location was good

Don't bother
    • Standard King Room

Drove up and the grass needed to be mowed, the front desk was even old, there dips on the 2nd floor you could see from parking lot, the curtains had stains, the towels had stains, sheets as well...oh & cigarette burns in the blanket. Surprisingly no bed bugs. Oh & a random green towel on the back of the bathroom door. Pay the extra money and stay anywhere but here!

There was a fridge & microwave in it, and they were actually clean

Slum lords turned motel owners

Charged me $20 more per night than the rate I booked, so we only stayed one night. I overheard another group having the same problem the next morning. The door to the room did not lock or latch (I slept armed with my son beside me). Tv didn't work, and water shot all over the toilet when you turned on the sink. When I told the owner who was working the front desk, it was obvious he didn't care. The breakfast was left out all morning unrefrigerated and the orange juice dispenser had maybe never been cleaned. Slum. An absolute slum.

No positives here. This place is awful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

There's budget, and there's way too many shortcomings to be worth saving a few bucks.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms were very run down (damage to doors and fixtures). My request for a non-smoking room not only resulted in a room reeking of smoke, but the bedcovers had cigarette holes in it.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The location was great near the mall and Cherscake Factory.
    • Standard King Room

Plumbing was leaking bathroom was old and not well taken care of chairs were very worn. Room seemed dark. New curtains lighter colors and some new furniture would spruce it up.

The location was great near the mall and Cherscake Factory.

A lot of things

Don't stay here

Everything! This is a total mess

Room smelled of smoke.
    • Standard King Room

Room smelled of smoke. Hole in bathroom wall. Shower was dirty and door wouldn't close properly. Didn't feel safe. Horrible place.

The bed was very comfortable
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom was filthy! The TV was so complicated I needed to call the desk for help.

The bed was very comfortable

In general it was very good.
    • Standard King Room

Once I saw a cockroach and asked to disinfect.

The place was filthy the bathroom disgusting

The place was filthy the bathroom disgusting

Wi-Fi was good
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom had rust all over it and there was to much banging at night. Everything just seemed outdated.

Wi-Fi was good

distance from the place I was traveling to and from

distance from the place I was traveling to and from

I would stay again because of the locality and rate ..but check out the bed first.
    • Standard King Room

new beds ...a little run down

My bed sucked..friendly people ..cute breakfast no eggs...run down ..

Not a good place. Cheap is Bad.
    • Standard King Room

Dirty beddings, smelly room.

Staff friendly.

4.5
    Location was good
    • Standard King Room

Bed bugs and attitude of clerks at desk

Location was good

Nothing/ old school bathroom/ bad shield ( window...
    • Standard King Room

Nothing/ old school bathroom/ bad shield ( window open/ can't park next to my room, etc...

Well equipped.
    • Standard King Room

The room seems bit old. Couldve been better

Well equipped. Fridge, microwave.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

4.0
    if i could found other hotel. gave it a chance for the room to straighted out but didn't.
    • Standard King Room

the Wi-Fi sucks-phone service sucks. the room stayed damp the whole time. the towels were stained and the toilet was hard to flush.

not really much.

Very old building, breakfast

Room was OK

Fleabag in Framingham.
    • Standard King Room

The door stuck and had to be forced (shoved) to get it open. Overall this is an old, rundown place. We only stayed on night, thankfully.

The parking.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The price

It was a little ghetto.

The price

• Standard King Room

It was a dirty, smelly, old hotel. I have never seen such awful thing in my life. People were not helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

It was close to all the stores and didn't have to drive...

Bed wasn't clean. Area was loud. Door looked like it was kicked it. Didn't feel too safe.

It was close to all the stores and didn't have to drive every where. Staff were good o talk to.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

I made the reservation with a bedroom for 2 people and 2...

I made the reservation with a bedroom for 2 people and 2 beds, I did not need a room with two beds. when I went to check in I decided to change the room for a bed queem side, they charged the same amount as the two beds quarter and the value would be different, lower value did not like and do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

I wanted to say I was looking forward to this trip however...

I wanted to say I was looking forward to this trip however due to the New England weather I was unable to come to Boston, MA that weekend therefore did not stay at the hotel. I paid as I didn't cancel in time due to the airport telling me I would in fact make the trip and of course last minute airport cancelled??? so needless to say I didn't cancel hotel and paid for it and didn't get my mini vacation. perhaps another time I will try again. thank you.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2015

Lot of one night partiers. People drinking in parking lot. It was scary after dark

Location. Right near Babson College. Only place with availability and affordability on parents weekend.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The location was perfect for where my meeting was, did not...

This hotel is in desperate need of major upgrades. Room was dirty and bathroom was SO bad that I went out to buy flip flops so I would not have to step into disgusting tub.

The location was perfect for where my meeting was, did not have to deal with traffic or a far drive

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

The living quarters were OK - furniture was a little old but...

The bathroom was horrible. There was rust on fixtures. Didn't use the shower as it was not very inviting.

The living quarters were OK - furniture was a little old but not a problem - needed some paint on the walls.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

First room was not very clean--we then went to complain and...

First room was not very clean--we then went to complain and were given another room--not much different----room number 3 was better, but the room that I booked never came into being--false advertisement.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Chain lock on the door was broken.

Chain lock on the door was broken. Could not be fixed that night. I was told they were fully booked except for 3 rooms that each had 3 beds that would cost me $30 more. Unable to return my money and let me go elsewhere as manager was "not available.." The place did not appear to be fully booked and as a solo woman, it was difficult to sleep that night. also, the room was dank, clammy. The AC didn;t domuch to help, and it was too cold to keep it on all night. I would never return

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

Very friendly staff, really working hard to make everything...

The airconditioning did not want to work at first but after a little nudging it did start up and did its thing. The bathrooms need a bit of renewal. They were spotless clean but the equipment shows its age.

Very friendly staff, really working hard to make everything nice and clean. Wonderful little bench in the garden!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

NOTHING!

We didnt stay but for 5 mins!! The room was so DISGUSTING!! They have questionable people living there and security cameras everywhere, we didnt feel safe. The cameras are probably because they have had problems

NOTHING!!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

it was a place to sleep only.

The facility is more like a third-world hotel with people hanging-out outside their hotel rooms, a huge garbage disposal with tons of trash around it.

it was a place to sleep only.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Bathroom was kinda small and not very clean, an had duct tape holding the pipes together. The free wifi would have been good, had it didn't take forever to connect and was really slow

Location. Bed was super comfy

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

Free parking.

They had turned the heat off to the facility for the "summer" even though it was 46 degrees overnight. The manager refused to provide any heat for the room, stating that "it's warm enough in the room". The night clerk actually loaned us her personal space heater for the last two nights.

Free parking.

• Reviewed: 6 June 2015

We reserved three rooms, cancelled one and then had to...

In one room, the AC did and TV did not work and there was an insect in the bed !!! Another room: shower was not clean shower door did not close sink had no stopper

We reserved three rooms, cancelled one and then had to reopen it . The manager( I think his name is Mike) was very helpful)

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

easy access to my job

when went to check in the receptionist said its too early until she found out that i had booked i on line and that lets you arrive when you want; then her manners changed after that. was expecting more as far as breakfast didn't even have a microwave out there if you needed to use one since food wasn't allowed in your room.

easy access to my job the room was ver comfortable warm and clean

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Nasty not comfortable

I did not liked at all

Nasty not comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The price was ok

The pictures were very old. Very small bathroom. Loud neighbors, thin walls.

The price was ok

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The smell is hard to describe but after having the window...

The smell is hard to describe but after having the window open an hour it was tolerable. Desk chair was broken.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Easy check-in and check out

I asked for a king size bed and got 2 queens. Mattress was uncomfortable Bathroom was dirty

Easy check-in and check out

Not thing

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Smell of the room

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Friendly lady at check in.

Smoking smells.

Friendly lady at check in.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

It was clean

Awfull bathroom and bad smell in the room

It was clean

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

I liked everything.

I liked everything. It was neat, well organized.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

location.

Shower

location. Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 10 May 2015

Friendly and helpful people from frontdesk to maidservice.

Friendly and helpful people from frontdesk to maidservice.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

It was a dump, the parking lot looked like a trash dump, the...

It was a dump, the parking lot looked like a trash dump, the bathroom sink was rusty. Ton of snow piles everywhere.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

staff and location

staff and location

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.