Reviews of Aloft San Jose Cupertino 4 stars

4241 Moorpark Avenue, San Jose, CA 95129, USA

#20 of 67 hotels in San Jose

Brilliant stay

Absolutely nothing.

Booked hotel as a stopover before San Francisco. Extremely surprised how nice it was. Rooms were really spacious and facilities seemed very good although only staying for one night so couldn't use all. Given the state of the following nights hotel in SF would consider staying here again and travel into SF daily.

Super friendly hotel with gorgeous pool and modern well equipped rooms

Nothing at all

We all loved this hotel, we loved the very friendly staff, the great sized and well equipped rooms and most of all the kids loved the gorgeous pool with lovely landscaping which was always mostly empty as most people staying here seem to be working. We were on holiday and so had the pool pretty much to our selves each time. There are cute little changing areas / Gazebos's as well and and a hot tub, plus tables outside just off the restaurant and the whole area has been so well planned and nicely done. There are many useful shops and restaurants nearby as well. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and served by very friendly kitchen staff....it was such a welcoming place.

Modern interior of the hotel, seems like it was remodeled...

Our room was next to outside AC units so when they were turned on floor in our room was vibrating. Found condom wrapper under the couch. Kids were in shock. I booked room with breakfast included, first morning we had breakfast next day we were denied breakfast even though I paid for that. Quality of TV signal was horrible we could not watch any show for more than 20 minutes without interruption and losing signal it was very annoying.

Modern interior of the hotel, seems like it was remodeled not long ago. Big and spacious room. Gorgeous and remodeled bathroom. Big TV.

Housekeepings “sticky fingers”
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My iPhone charger “disappeared” on my first day after I left for work and although they attempted to do the right thing and buy me a replacement, it came with a condescending letter from the manager saying they did a thorough investigation and did not find my charger but to make my stay pleasant they were replacing my “missing” charger. I gave it back to them!! Thank you but no thank you!! I don’t need to lie about a charger and it’s not “missing” it was TAKEN. Also, don’t pay extra for the breakfast. One morning it was 7:15 and I needed to leave and there wasn’t anything out yet (supposed to be from 7-9) and on Sunday when it’s supposed to go until 11am at 10am there was nothing left. Go to McDonalds or AppleBees next door.

All Aloft hotels are great! Stylish, clean and comfortable with great amenities (this one in particular has a bar with food service and the grounds and pool are lovely)

Beautiful hotel but don’t use sofabed
    • Traditional King Room

We were 4 adults. So we used the pull out couch. It was horribly uncomfortable. The mattress was extra thin and you felt all the springs. One of my sons slept on the couch cushions on the floor instead. Comfort is very important to us. The main reason we’re there is to sleep. So it would be a higher rating if not for that.

Loved the design and the lighting. Clean and spacious bathroom. Great lighting fixtures.

Modern clean hotel in a great location with amazing staff.

The only negative feedback would be - the walls are thin so you can hear everything in the room next door or above /below your room.

Big bright rooms, which were clean and modern. All the staff were extremely helpful and really friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The pool area is a real bonus. Location is excellent, very close to shops and airport.

Could be much better
    • Traditional King Room

No full serving restaurant for lunch and dinner. Buffet breakfast only Saturday and Sunday. During the week they have something called breakfast in a cup. Small bar closes 10PM

Clean large rooms. Modern

• Traditional King Room

They charged me a $100 smoking fee and I don't even smoke!! I called to speak to a manager and supposedly she was at another site! They took my information down and still have not heard back. I called, put on hold and hung up after waiting forever!

Clean

The front desk person was so nice.
    • Traditional King Room

The only two down sides were that the Apple TV didn’t work and the beds could have been a bit softer.

The front desk person was so nice. She found a room for us even though our check in was at 3. We got in at 10am instead! We wanted a room with a tub so she even let us switch after we found the king room did not have a bath tub. Very satisfied and would stay here again.

The bathroom door was locked by its self.
    • Traditional King Room - Disability Access

The bathroom door was locked by its self. When I went to use the bathroom at 7 am I couldn't get in My husband had to wake up and get it opened for me. I almost peed on myself. When I went to tell the manager she did "this happens"as if its normal and I should be OK with it. Wont be going back!be careful using the bathrooms if you stay here. They have admitted that its a normal thing for their bathrooms to lock you out. I even showed her a picture of how the lock was stuck. Worst 130 bucks spent on a room.

For the same price, I would choose a different hotel next time
    • Traditional King Room

Wifi was difficult to figure out. Bed linens were not quality of 4-star Apple play directions for TV for those w no experience were difficult to figure out. Heater noisy

Towels were nice Shower head great

Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Can't think of anything.

Oasis of calm in a suburban setting. Clean modern design, spacious lobby, laminate floors, poolside cabanas. Huge shower with Bliss bath products. Hot breakfast: loved the scrambled eggs & French toast.

Staff was friendly and attentive, and the room was luxurious!
    • Traditional King Room

I like a soft bed, so I was disappointed that these were firm mattresses with no pillow-top or memory foam. And I think my second-floor room may have been near the laundry facilities because at one point I could feel the floor shake rhythmically like in my laundry room at home - lol! And there's no bath tub (oh, but the shower!).

Everything was clean and modern and spacious and comfortable and convenient! I was pleased and impressed with the look of everything. There was a spacious sitting area and a desk plus the king-sized bed, and nothing was cramped. And the bathroom was gorgeous!

Great place, friendly staff and lovely room.
    • Traditional King Room

There was nothing about the staff or room that we didn’t like. So friendly and lots of smiles from staff and housekeeping. Room was spacious, pet friendly and clean. We will definitely stay there again.

Everything, entire staff, great room, especially when you are traveling with pets. Tile floor in bathroom and wood or laminate flooring in main part of room, fantastic! The fact that our dog got to stay for free was awesome! We will definitely come back. Thank you!

Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff

The name of the hotel is too close to own the brand owns a mile or so away and caused confusion with me and my coworkers meaning we booked what we thought was same hotel but turned sour to be miles apart.

Whole hotel Environment and beds were very comfortable, rooms were very nice

This investigation is my stay was comfortable wonderful and very expected of the a loft hotel
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing at all everything met my expectations

Cleanliness of the room was amazing… Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Staff did everything they could to accommodate all patrons… And I actually witnessed some really horrible horrible patrons denigrating the front desk staff and still they held such a wonderful level of professionalism and still kept smiling they were incredible.

Wonderful staff , and relaxing time .

No bathtub

The bed was like a cloud . I wish there was a bathtub in the room because my partner and I were looking forward to bathing together, besides that everything was comfy .

'Cool', 'Hip' vibe tries to cover up service/comfort stripped to a minimum to reduce cost.
    • Traditional King Room

A/C wouldn't go below 68 degrees, and really felt like it never got that cool. Floor in room is hardwood with no area rugs. That may look cool, but.. it's not comfortable. Bathroom was very spartan - shower only (no tub) is fine, but soap/shampoo is from dispensers, not bottles. Door is placed poorly on shower, so difficult to turn on water without getting sprayed. Chipped paint on door frame, poor quality grout. Just... poor quality, poor maintenance. Ordering breakfast required requesting a form at front desk, and filling it out and dropping it back at front desk.

Breakfast was delivered exactly on time, fresh, hot and good (scrambled eggs and bacon).

Convenient & reasonable for my purpose.
    • Traditional King Room

lighting in the hallway...couldn't see how to open the door & asked a worker who didn't know what I was talking about

Convenience to the Mountain Winery Venue.

They serve "bar food" - burger, fries and wraps.
    • Traditional King Room

They serve "bar food" - burger, fries and wraps." We like to eat at hotel restaurants & a higher end restaurant would of been nice.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Some members of the staff wee so helpful and kind - the lady...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Inconsistent breakfast....one day great, the next very lacking.

Some members of the staff wee so helpful and kind - the lady at the desk overnight was extra helpful. the day clerk not so much.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Our perfect stop after a long roadtrip
    • Traditional King Room

There was nothing about this hotel that i didnt like

I loved the "roomy"ness of the room. My kids, our dog and I were very comfortable in a 1 king bed and sofa bed. The fridgr in the room was great, especially since I travelled with kids.

Exceptional!
    • Traditional King Room

I loved that the floor isn't carpet, that was a huge plus for me. Everything is white therefore you can tell its clean. We arrived at 3am and the receptionist was the friendliest. Everything was impeccable. We were only there for one night, but i wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Would certainly stay here again.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Very clean. Helpful staff and when we requested additional nights they gave us a good price for our family. I would certainly come back here again.

Nothing to like

First the windows roller blinds didn't work they didn't change the room the maintenance use bed sheet nail to the window because st first floor face parking few heads appeared be hide the bed sheet

Nothing to like

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Great one nighter, but a little soulless...
    • Traditional King Room - Disability Access

No carpet in the room, they've picked a laminate floor instead!! The sharp edged steel frame around the bed that took a lump out of my schin twice on the corner of the bed, a proper ouch moment. The bar & reception area is completely devoid of any character, great for a one nighters but that's it

Immaculately clean, a lovely big mattress, a 50' TV, a great desk for working at and mineral water to make a coffee with 👍👍

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

How spacious the room was

No microwave in room

How spacious the room was

Friendly staff clean room well connected.

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Everything.

nothing.

Everything.

Price is the double this year than the last.

Price is the double this year than the last.

Great and very friendly service, absolutely clean and very...
    • Traditional King Room

Great and very friendly service, absolutely clean and very well located

Staff was very helpful and friendly.
    • Traditional King Room

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Bartender was amazing. I liked the garage parking. Room was nice and big.

Good

Yesyes

Good

Survice is good here. We found something we need and they sent them to us really soon.
    • Traditional King Room

The fan in the bathroom can not be closed.

The service is really good.

Lovely 😊
    • Traditional King Room

Fabulous staff, delicious home cooked breakfast.Extremely comfortable beds and stay. Unbelievably clean.

Wonderful place to stay.
    • Traditional King Room

Very comfortable room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice place

No Complimentary Breakfast included for such a high price

Everything was great except the "no complimentary breakfast"

Definitely worth the stay
    • Traditional King Room

Room had a door to a neighboring room and I could hear the occupants easily

Easy access from the freeway and markets and restaurants and really close.

Good hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Comfy bed, good price, good location.

Great location and a great deal.

Clean, professional, classy.

Clean, professional, classy.

Close location

Close location

Would come back
    • Traditional King Room

Friendly people loved in February the hot tub and pool was heated use the hot tub

Terrific

It was close to stores

Clean

Modern, stylish, staff excellent.

Decor wonderful.

Modern, stylish, staff excellent.

The best place to stay.

Excellent stuff

The people!
    • Traditional King Room

Look was too modern for my taste

The people!

Great place to stay! Don't eat at Applebee's terrible experience
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was comfortable, room clean and quiet!

Good stay at a classy hotel
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

bed was very comfy. TV was great. everything worked, even the printer in the business center.

A lot of room excellent bathroom and great bed

A lot of room excellent bathroom and great bed

Staff were so helpful and thoughtful.
    • Traditional King Room

Staff were so helpful and thoughtful.Bedrooms were a good size and very clean.

Visually, one of the nicest hotels ever
    • Traditional King Room

No one at the front desk when we arrived. average customer service

The design

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The bed was really confront able plus room was spacious and...
    • Traditional King Room

The bed was really confront able plus room was spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Weekend getaway
    • Traditional King Room

Room was great! Very cozy but spacious. Hot tub was amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

San Jose again
    • Traditional King Room - Disability Access

Quiet clean and professional environment, excellent breakfast all fresh mad

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

They charge us 58$ for dinner and after our complain they...
    • Traditional King Room

They charge us 58$ for dinner and after our complain they told us it is incorrect

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

One night was enough

Almost everything

Not much

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Perfect for our little family
    • Traditional King Room

We really liked this place, will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Very comfortable bed.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is not complimentary.

Very comfortable bed. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Clean, spacious with easy easy access

Clean, spacious with easy easy access

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Staff wasn't effective at all to pacify noise customers...
    • Traditional King Room

Staff wasn't effective at all to pacify noise customers who created lots of noise in 3 am.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

Staff was friendly.

Didn't receive $5 credit for no maid service as promised in room. Pool missing towels when we got out to swim. Pool looked a lot bigger and better in pictures.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2016

Staff great, plenty of parking large comfortable rooms

Horrendous value for money, location related of course but they should up the standard if they are going to charge that much.

Staff great, plenty of parking large comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 13 February 2016

Check-in was easy and room was small but comfortable.

Left breakfast order on door the day before and the order was never picked up. Called the next morning to place a breakfast order and the lady who answered the phone said she would have to call me back because she was too busy. She called back an hour later, I'd already went to McDonald's.

Check-in was easy and room was small but comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

This hotel had some the most pleasant and helpful staff we...

This hotel had some the most pleasant and helpful staff we have ever encountered. We had some credit card issues and they helped us resolve them. Definitely staying in Four Points again.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

Beautiful out by pool.

The pool area, The spa / Jacuzzi could have been turned up a few degrees. Was not hot enough. Bar prices were a little high!

Beautiful out by pool. Very nice staff!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

Good size rooms

A few minor things that could have been better. lack of information on facilities given on arrival (gym, breakfast etc) As some building work was going on, no hot water one morning. TV point loose and not all electrical sockets worked. Shower head poor. Couldn't reach bedside light from bed. No nets at window. Room a bit dark

Good size rooms clean, Water and coffee provided in room convenient for a couple of restaurants (Applebees and Lyons)

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

The bed was extremely comfortable.

The sound of television coming from the bar/cafe was much too loud in the lobby. The door to the bathroom felt greasy and the room didn't feel clean. The room looked out on the parking lot and we were awakened by garbage trucks in the early morning.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Very cooperative staff, nice people, the place is...

the location is kind of boring. downtown is not that near. there is some good restaurants around, but not a lot to do.

Very cooperative staff, nice people, the place is comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

The location is close to many restaurants and driveable to...

We were on the 3rd floor and had to walk by the area that was being renovated to get to our room so passed by a lot of clutter, dust and oders. The beds weren't as comfortable & everytime my children and/or my husband turned/moved in the middle of the night, I could here it. It's like the sheets and mattresses were made of plastic

The location is close to many restaurants and driveable to many more. We love the pool and the breakfast buffet was good

• Reviewed: 20 June 2015

Manager on 6/13 provided excellent customer service and...

Manager on 6/13 provided excellent customer service and a employee at the san jose 4-points Bella went over and above when we accidently ended up at the wrong 4-points late at night. Thanks so much!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

The comfortable beds

Put us on the ground floor (had requested upper floor in email reservation) and someone was stomping around above us very late and first thing in the morning.

The comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 11 June 2015

Nice bar area

The bathroom had no fan or air conditioning and was un pleasantly warm all of the time. It was hot outside, and the ac couldn't keep up.

Nice bar area

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

I left a little comment on my reservations for a little card...

I left a little comment on my reservations for a little card to surprise my husband and not only did I receive a card from the hotel staff, there was also a mini bottle of wine they gave me. That was a surprise to me! And I checked in three hours early and they were able to assist me right away and checked in then and there. The room and bathroom was big and spacious and the pool was great!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2015

Though the site was under rentavation.

Sounds weird ...but Im not very tall so the sink seemed back far.

Though the site was under rentavation...it was quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff that helped me were awesome. Friendly, helpful and knowledgable

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.